Microsoft

Microsoft has a consumer rating of 2.62 stars from 175 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Microsoft most frequently mention customer service, bill gates and tech support problems. Microsoft ranks 10th among Downloads sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 23.9%

No positive highlights yet

• I understand you can just get a lemon sometimes but dealing with their customer service made it much worse.
How would you rate Microsoft?

“You saved tik tok”

Sally L.
8/2/20

I gave Microsoft's five stars because they saved Tik Tok for billions of people that live in America and I'm so grateful that they bought tiktok and I'm so happy we're the best company ever you save Tik Tok you save kids happiness Heroes for just going to go crazy thank you guys so much you're literally the best!

“No technical support for one week!?”

Arezo J.
10/13/20

I bought surface book couple of years ago for 3000 $. Yesterday I noticed the bottom part of the book from side got open. Called them today and the guy said the techincal support system is down for one week. But sales are open. So you guys can sell but can't support? Very disappointing. Wished I went with apple. What kind of service is that?

customer service (16)
arezoj
October 13th, 2020
kwt1
May 14th, 2020
Lies about call back, do not honor what they promise, comes up with excuses to evade situations and questions, do not respond and reply to emails properly. Basically an organization which has a department to stall and waste consumers time. Extremely lousy as compared to Apple. Zero integrity to sell faulty products and not do official recalls, and Zero sincerity in reaching out to consumers who needs help.
emmas293
August 2nd, 2020
Thank you Microsoft for saving TikTok! We all appreciate it sooo much! Bless you! I pay my respects
leanettet3
February 26th, 2020
Years back they were rock solid providing easy troubleshooting that took maybe 20 or 30 minutes. Now----you get all outsourced agents and so-called Techs that up to an hour of 'diagnosing' before giving you a ridiculous ticket number, and make promises to call you back, then don't. YOU are left chasing THEM down and horrible wait times, IF their idiot autosystem doesn't disconnect you or tell you to try again later, "heavy call volume " bs.
briannab85
July 2nd, 2020
I use Microsoft teams and it is the best, but u have to like hack into the system to make two different teams accounts, it was a nightmare.
sweetp12
June 25th, 2020
I just got off of work at 12am come to play the game and I got a random message saying I need to recover my account I filled out paperwork wrong two times and then right two times now my account is locked I can't log in to change the phone number Even though I changed the number in January.
kevinw813
August 8th, 2020
I ordered, and was billed for 2 Elite 2 controllers, waited all frickin day for FedEx, and then only received ONE controller. Then, by the time slow ass FedEx arrived at my house on Saturday, it was too late to contact California to find out my order issue! The call center agents in India, as usual, were perplexed and had no idea how to rectify the order. What are you paying those people in India for, when they can't address issues?
anthonyl565
September 13th, 2020
I had an update all fine and dandy but they deleted my computers bios and trackpad causing track pad not to respond during a critical job.
2- another problem same computer auto updates and randomly restarts in the middle of a job.
3. After recent update or progress it hid or deleted an admin user profile looked in cmd net user. So now the password doesn't register unless I go into the hidden restore menu of holding down shift and restarting the computer
anthonyp665
August 16th, 2020
I tried getting back on my Xbox 360 to play some of my older games to see I have to log into my account which Microsoft has made impossible because the servers aren't even working, I used to own an Xbox one but I decided I wanted to try PlayStation and I must say Microsoft is over complicated and always seems to never work and I do truly hope that Microsoft fails as a company who became successful for paying for bad online services for the original Xbox... if I could rate lower then 1 Star I would
nessg2
July 31st, 2020
I purchased a new Microsoft Surface Pro 6 a few months ago. I was very pleased with this product except the exterior shell color wore off. I contacted Microsoft and they suggested a replacement refurbished computer. I was very surprised they would suggest such a thing. My computer was only a few months old. The exterior shell color is definatelly of poor quality. I would not recommend this product. Ness
tellingdat
April 3rd, 2020
I'd be ashamed to admit it to anyone unless it was a hooker looking just for money. They suck. Bunch of rich peons who care nothing about quality and service. MS hacks your system and injects code against your permission and often without your knowledge. It's a corrupt incompetent company that should be broken up. After years of trying they still have a crappy and unstable OS they do not have the expertise to produce anything else. Avoid MS products and advice it is a circular road to nowhere. If you have computer expertise choose linux, unix or apple products.
kendraj35
April 30th, 2020
I created a profile on my XBox and broughtt a game. The next day I tried to go play the game. It's asking me to sign in then saying my password was incorrect. The instructions told me to reset my password. I did that. It still said I was blocked. I put in a problem ticket no one called me back. I don't know how to get the $30.00 game I paid for or a refund at least. I'm very frustrated. I hate Microsoft.
lisac1595
June 21st, 2020
Canceling everything on Microsoft is such a hassle. It says you can cancel anytime no problems when in fact you really can't. I've been trying to cancel my 365 subscription for months and they still keep trying to charge my card. And I can't take my card off file because of the subscription I've been trying to cancel is linked to it. And when you call to cancel it they give you the option of charging your card and then refunding you or you can wait 30-90 days for it to supposedly cancel itself out. Such a horrible experience.
sallyl147
sethb456
October 31st, 2020
Took 16 out of my bank account for unlimited pass. Pass doesn't work and still says I have to renew it. And I get zero response from any emails and reports I've sent. This is leterally stealing
shannons663
August 17th, 2020
Bought an Elite Series 2 controller for my husband on pre-order for $200. We received it in Nov 2019. I didn't purchase an extended warranty bc I figured this controller would last for more than 6 months (warranty only covers 90 days). Well here we are 9 months out and issues started 3 months ago. We figured the constant disconnecting was from the xbox servers but turns out, nope the controller, and now his buttons are sticking and he can't play his games. I called Microsoft and all they told me was basically "its out of warranty, oh well, you have to pay $100 for us to send you a new controller". Like um excuse me, why would I want to pay you for the biggest piece of $#*! controller when the non xbox brand controllers work better. DO NOT BUY THIS CONTROLLER! Microsoft is money hungry grubs that don't care about their customers or product quality.
maxwelll24
September 15th, 2020
I was sold a faulty product within warranty, microsoft would not refund me. I was passed around from employee to employee for a month only to be told there's nothing they can do. DO NOT buy with microsoft the way I have been treated is absolutely disgraceful I even bought a membership. They were very happy to take my money but when I asked for it back they told me they couldn't care less about me.
krisp95
August 14th, 2020
Ordered Surface Pro 7, Keyboard and Pen - didn't like the product.

Been trying to get a return label since the second day I got it to no avail.

Customer service keeps making excuses that return shipping label has been sent.

It has been 14 days now. I have been calling them every second day, everyday, now two times a day.

They keep saying that return label has been sent to the email address.

Asked for alternate email which has been provided but no return shipping label still.

I'll keep trying to get that label as I don't like the product and they offered 60 day return.

Really upset over this as it is beyond poor service.

They have to stand behind their product and what they advertise for rerturns.

I would suggest not to buy from Microsoft Store all.

Find the product an Amazon or somewhere it is easy for return.

Keep it in mind. So frustrating going through this hassle to return.

I'm not even sure now if they will even refund after receiving the product.
jeremiahz6
June 29th, 2020
Don't wait your money on this p. O. s. Controller. I bought mine on Amazon, then started to get stick drift on L thumbstick. Get online to find my warrant expired before I bought the controller... GREAT! So I do some work to alleviate stick drift. It works... now RB double taps. 3 days later A double taps. So I deal with it... not happy but I deal with it. Then it falls out of my lap onto a carpeted floor and the R trigger breaks and is now stuck in. Are you serious?!?! I've thrown xbox controllers across the room at full force only to pick them up and play again. This p. O. s. Can't fall from 2 ft?!? Wtf? I expect more for my money and I'm honestly done with xbox/Microsoft and will trash talk them as much as I can. Hey Microsoft... go $#*! yourself!
rachelb522
July 20th, 2020
I have repeatedly tried to cancel my account. Repeatedly failed. Tried to contact, repeatedly failed. The app lags and requires hours of updates each time I've tried to use it. I have gotten 0 for my money. And STILL I'm being charged because I cannot contact a PERSON for help.
jaiw8
August 2nd, 2020
Thank you for saving tiktok you are the Best and. Have a great day and you the best Microsoft and hi
fuckm1
September 12th, 2020
$#*! I actually hate microsoft they're so useless. I cant even play games from the Microsoft Store because it asks me to ask a parent? Like what the $#*! im over the age of 18 but I cant even play.
Fix your $#*!ing bull$#*! you scumbags.
muhamadn2
November 13th, 2020
It always something not working after running windows update
There is no option to skip update if you have to shut down computer.
jasmineo33
August 2nd, 2020
Thank you guys so so much for saving are lives but just us the tiktok community. Much love go towards y'all.
loric501
July 13th, 2020
For days now I've tried to solve a very simple issue and cannot get any support from microsoft. This is a huge company and yet they do not have reliable support for their customers. Why not? The customer pays and is left to figure out what a microsoft employee should be available!

Its not a scam but it's a dishonest bad company that is incompetent and cannot produce good software. All they care about is their profits.

By onest r.