Review of Microsoft

Redmond, WA 98052
Tel: +1-800-778-7879

avnerf
3/25/19

I have been a loyal Microsoft customer for thirty years, paying it many thousands of dollars on its products, as well as a Windows Insider, beta-testing its products for free.

I recently bought Microsoft's Office 2019 for its full price plus tax. A couple of months later it turned to be identical with Office 2016, which I had also paid for. This is by design. A greedy Microsoft management is trying to increase its multi-billion-dollar revenues by failing to upgrade its one-time-purchase product and forcing its customers to switch to its Office 365 annual-subscription-based product.

Microsoft has adamantly refused to refund my payment for its Office 2019 or to exchange the product for its Office 365 subscription, claiming that over one month has passed since my purchase. My messages to its management team were ignored. Finally a Microsoft support person from India called me. I once more offered to have my Office 2019 exchanged for an Office 365 subscription, but all he did was promise me to look into this and get back to me. I am still holding my breath.

timb366
3/12/19

Included in every software and firmware update is Bing and Microsoft store.
These updates are intentionally almost impossible to get rid of. We used
to be able to trust Microsoft and this is no longer the case. If you are upset
as I am, then consider sending their CEO an email at satyan@microsoft.com.

randyr115
3/4/19

On 01/18/2019 a Microsoft Tech. took control of my computer and erased my entire Office thinking this would help with a tiny issue I was having with POWERPOINT. Afterwards he gave me a link to re-download. And then he left. His link didn't work. I've tried on numerous occasions to get help. They keep saying they're pushing it up a level. But no one willing to take responsibility . Mahvareen and Derrick did nothing today Case #20190101000021 03/04/2019

cs319
2/24/19

I went to Microsoft live chat. I told them the problem, and then they go "for your experience, please tell us your name and phone number." Why do they need your name, never mind asking for your phone number. Horrible company.

los11
2/8/19

Garbage a$$ company with horrible customer service! A multi billion dollar company that can't do a simple thing as transferring funds within an account. I redeemed a gift card under my account thinking I can easily transfer it over to my son's account and obviously that was a mistake. Called the useless support line and they kept telling me to go buy something so I can gift it to my son ... WT F???? I asked it to be transferred, if I wanted to buy something to gift it to him then I wouldn't be calling your stupid a$$ company in the first place. They gave no options or any solutions besides trying to convince me to purchase something else. Even after speaking with a "supervisor"
she kept repeating the same crap thinking I'll give in and just go purchase something.
What a piece of sh!t this company is. No more Microsoft products I'll be purchasing in future that's for dam sure! If you can't support me with a simple help then there's no reason why I should be supporting a useless company.

tees21
1/31/19

I had never had an issue with Microsoft until my Twitter account was compromised and Microsoft refuse to allow me entry to my account. When i first created a Hotmail account. Granted i did just put made up answers to the questions . That was because i was in a rush to create an account to get started. Anyways i was able to remember some of the answers. When my account with Twitter was compromised , i provided Microsoft with an accurate answers plus my password, but still Microsoft refused to allow me to gain access to my account. I made several phone calls and was messed around. I sent several emails , yet they still refused . Now they have blocked my email account which means i am unable to gain access to Twitter. They are heartless vile thugs .

paulr211
1/29/19

They constantly loose your payments. After I paid off my loan, they refused to issue a letter releasing the lien on the title of my house. I will probably have to sue. Stay away from Microf!

brandie11
1/5/19

Bought the same product twice. The first one I didn't know I had to mark as a gift. I could not talk to a real person, and I tried everything so I went through the chat (literally my only option). They saw what happened and told me the only way I can get it fixed so my son can have the product was to buy it again but as a gift. I was guarantee a refund because the first purchase was completely untouched. Received email stating no refund will be given. Called 2 more times, they claimed they could not transfer to the refund department and provided no number. 2 separate calls and I can't talk to anyone? I emailed 3 times and they sent a response that they closed the case. Seriously, I kept the emails. So i emailed them without using a reply and nothing. They are literally refusing to answer my emails. Absolutely nothing from Microsoft. Nasty customer service, nasty people, nasty theiving company.

cathym235
12/29/18

Microsoft

Yep I'm going after the big boy. My wonderful hubby bought me a super awesome
computer for Christmas. Saying he bought it really doesn't do justice to what he actually did. To make sure I got what I needed on my new laptop he had HP build it to my needs. This thing is wonderful. Well almost wonderful.
One of the things I do is make book trailers and videos. Well Microsoft discontinued the video maker I used and then turned around and limited the fonts for paint. You would be surprised at what I can do on paint. Now I can get more for free but it's pretty much more of the same. There's a couple of them you can buy but I'm having issues with that. I don't have to ask why they did it, it was for the money, but the mercenary bull crap of this action blows my mind.
Yes, I got one of those feedback notices and yes, I gave them an earful. They haven't bothered to even respond with an email on that one. I figure they may be looking for an attorney to sue me, no I really didn't say anything I don't think that gives them cause to come after me because I saw no need. I did tell them they sucked. I also dared them to show my feedback to Bill Gates.
Here's the thing. They have taken away pretty much any of the really great script fonts and what they have left is mostly crap. I have other image apps but there was something about paint I loved. Simple to use, true not very advanced but paired with some of the other apps I use I could make a pretty good image or poster. There's one I'm going to share with you when I post this.
Windows Ten is a disappointment to say the lease but I can learn to work around it but when you take the little things away and then offer a few of them back for a few dollars, and I'm talking very damn few where the fonts are concerned, just so you can make another couple of bucks off the people who have to use you because Microsoft is pretty much the only thing offered on computers now. That's so wrong in so many way but I won't get into that because then you are getting off into legal issues.
What is the point of having this magnificent laptop if a lot of the things I had on my old one I can no longer get on the new one? Oh, I'll figure it out, I just have to be careful to make sure I don't get something I don't want on my laptop and I'm not talking some app.
Thanks Microsoft for putting me in this situation. I'll get what I need but if I can't figure
out where to find it, I've got a husband who can and will. So, will I recommend the Microsoft store to others? Not on your life. Stay away from it as much as you can and try to find other places to get what you need. Talk to people, get recommendations, do your research, whatever it takes to get what you need but try to stay away from the Microsoft store.

marnettea
11/19/18

I enjoy checking the site to see what they have. That way when I have the money I can buy a reputable computer. I also like playing puzzles and other games.

garyn32
11/13/18

After opening a Microsoft account and getting 19 low life sex spam the next day I closed the account and went to Internet Explorer and its running like the old dial up, but if I use microsoft it runs fast never had that problem before they repealed the net nutrality law

vs21
11/11/18
• Updated review

The calendar has now been "updated" and it is a mess. Unbelievable. Getting so tired of being surprised that they make life more difficult when there is so much competition.

“PUTRID CUSTOMER SERVICE”
6/1/18
• Previous review

If you are thinking of buying Microsoft products, just remember that if you need help, they may ask you to schedule an appointment, as they did with me today, five hours after you realize you need the help. THEN the folks overseas may refuse to help you at all unless you pay a fee. Meanwhile, the issue may be, as it was for me, that the software will not open a simple file. By the way, when I asked for a supervisor, the woman put me on hold for 30 seconds and then hung up. BUY APPLE.

I have ALWAYS been a big Microsoft fan. They have just lost one more to Apple.

jenniferr429
10/30/18

Did not know Microsoft is behind all the great programs we use. Very important. Easy to use and also you are able to use other platforms with Microsoft. Great opportunity. But bad cell phones. They suck.

thobiass
10/18/18

I've been a longtime windows user but that doesn't mean I wouldn't switch. You need to stop forcing your bull$#*! updates on us and respect the privacy of your users. Windows 10 might be the best windows yet but they sure as hell are as much annyoing.

henryc146
10/5/18

I canceled my xbox live subscription.they steal charged my credit card.crooks then i .called and took forever to even talk to someoneits a joke the computer phone system they have .how dum can you be .looking at PlayStation i wonder who ther under bye xbox microsoft sucks big $#*!

markj404
9/7/18

I have had two surface pro 4 for almost two years now and one of them stop charging. The one that stop charging only gets used 5-10 hrs a mo. I contacted support by phone and the it guy told me after running a lot of test that my one year warranty was up. I explained I didn't mind paying for the repair, besides the part is only $40. He explained they don't repair they replace system it would cost me $450 + Tax. Ok so my $1,200 pro 4 will always cost me $500 after the first year no matter how small the issue. I asked to talk with a manager because the IT guy said he couldn't do anything else. He then put me on hold for 30 min. And came back and told me his supervisor is saying the same thing. I found that to be rude, if I was the manager I would talk to the client, so I ask to talk to his manager. He put me on hold again, Gary was the next person I spoke with he is the supervisors - supervisor, the supervisor agreed, the condition of my pro 4 and as little use, i shouldn't have to go through this but he didn't have the authority to help me.I asked to talk to someone who is able to listen to my problem and be in a position to help me. I asked if I could e-mail some one if no one in that role is available through customer service, after explaining myself 3 times he said I Guess I could e-mail back office but that will take two or three days. I told him I'm fine with that, he told me he would e-mail me at that time. 3 hours later I get a e-mail from Gary telling me the same thing. So after 2 hours on the phone talking to a IT person, messaging though IT guy messaged 1st Supervisor, spoke to supervisors - supervisor 2nd level, to e-mailing back office (still no one in the position to help has spoke with me) to I'm out of options. The part that bothers me is no one even tried to work with me, I'm hopping we can work something out because my family of five enjoy your products.

rachelg154
8/14/18

As a writer I depend on my computer and MS Word. However of late I am experiencing tremendous slowdown while writing and it just so happens to slowdown when you clowns push an outdate out. I wish I could turn it off your updates or actually schedule when NOT to download it. You make oeoples lives miserable ...

jodyh17
7/21/18

An Open Letter to Satyan Nadella, CEO of Microsoft
Dear Mr. Nadella,
As the CEO of Microsoft, I think you should be aware of how your support staff deal with clients and how frustrating it is to try to recover an account because of a typo. As a writer/editor/on-line English teacher my world has come to a halt when my account was suspended.
Tuesday 17 July 2018 started as a good day. Then I tried to renew my Office subscription -- it had expired while I was in the process of settling in Ecuador and everything turned to confusion.
After five days of unreturned phone calls, unanswered emails, and rejected account recovery forms I figured out the problem. Somehow I managed to get a typo. So the correspondence from Microsoft went to that non-existent address.
Since there is an option to fix the address I am obviously not the first nor likely the last to make that mistake. However, after too many attempts to count, the Microsoft system still wouldnt accept the correction. Could you please have your technical people fix that problem?
When I tried to get a call-back I was told my phone number didnt exist. Live chat was a waste of time.
The problem is that your front- line people can not do anything except babble the same jargon. I received a series of messages to a gmail account in Spanish telling me that my application didnt meet the requirements whatever they may be.
One thing is that the credit union where I deal in Canada changed Mastercard companies in May, 2018. No, I do not have the old account number.
Instead of going around and around in circles, why doesnt Microsoft establish what they will accept as legitimate? How about a copy of my passport? A scan of my social security number? My maternal grandmothers maiden name? These are tangible pieces of evidence rather than the idiotic questions like How much was your last Skype purchase? Really, as though I would remember the exact amount and the precise date as it is an automatic deduction.
I am writing to you with the hope that I can have my Microsoft account restored. Otherwise, Microsoft will litter my gmail-inbox with more messages in Spanish --saying that I cant prove I am the owner of this account.
The case number is 143-359-1726, My telephone number is 593-999-69-08-77 and my email address is as above.
I am in Ecuador with family and friends wondering why I havent called. Frustrating and totally unnecessary if Microsoft put a second level of real identification in place that could be dealt with in person, rather than another form letter. Some human interaction would go a long way to solving technical issues.
Thank-you for your help.
Sincerely,
Jody Hanson, PhD

6/23/18

Thanks for deciding to take my security in your hands when you try to "make it more secure" you merge skype into microsoft and now if i want to delete my skype i cant its a permanent fixture on my account. Now i get 3 skypes on my account!! You guys are so messed up I literally want to strangle a dev. Oh and thanks so much for the Windows 10 Creators update, just after about 6 months after i bought my new gaming computer, windows 10 creators update cancer hits. Thanks for SOOO MUCCHHH LAAAGGG. Revelation Online, Aion, WOW, Bless Online, all made to be CANCER thanks to you, jerk.

Tip for consumers: Don't ever use microsoft or skype.

susanl68
6/21/18

Microsoft has very little integrity, if any. Microsoft hired not an American, but an Indian CEO, a foreigner who learned about high tech thanks to the USA, and got to come to the USA on a special visa and now runs Microsoft, but not without thinking that he has the right to tell Americans what we should think and how we should think and how we should live. Satya Nadella sent his views to each and every Microsoft employee concerning Illegals and immigrants, and if you don't Kiss Satya's oversized bottom, you won't do very well at Microsoft. Of course, Satya stopped being grateful to the USA the moment he gained his Dreams, and he sure doesn't plan on making sure that any ordinary Americans gain their Dreams. Not in the cards. Bill Gates is a worthless America who cares not one speck for other Americans.

Tip for consumers: After Operating System 10 and its revisions was introduced and trashed lap top owners, I gave up entirely on Microsoft. Now that Microsoft is in the business of telling Americans how they should think and what they should believe, I want nothing more to do with Microsoft or its foreign leadership.

jefff182
6/10/18

Before I say why they suck let me explain my situation. So last weeks monday I recieved a suspenaion because me and my friends were saying naughty stuff in the party chat where you type it out. Which means they are watching what you right which I feel invades my privacy with what me and my friends say. So none of them recieved one. I did yet they were all saying worse stuff. Are reputations are green. Mine was the 2nd best reputation out of the 4 of us. And i was the only one to get one. So I talked to the agents who were very nive indeed. They should get paid more than those jerks in coorperate. Anyway. They sent me to go file a case of review. Well the questions you had to answer were very easy. But when i pressed the right answer it would pick the other one and than i woyld have to wait another 24 hours for another question. So i finally get it friday june 8th and i file a case of review. Well i am sitting her liek what the heck. I have ben waiting 2 days and it is still under review. The whole week i have been having to call my friends on my TRACPHONE WHICH YOU HAVE TO GET 20 DOLLAR CARDS JUST TO GET TEXT AND CALL MINUTES. So i ran out now. My mom is pissed. And i talked to them about it and they said they are not gonna do anything about it. Its those people up in coorperate. They just take our good earned money and waste it on their damn pools full of money. They are like the liberals. Only care about their peoples lives not the people poor on the street needing money. They are very selfish and i am writing this review because i dont think it is right at all and i think they should go to hell for it.

kennethd112
6/7/18

Microsoft customer support is awful. It does not work. You need to create an account just to ask a question and then it takes 24 hours to review your information. What is up with that? I need help right now and I have a case open for about a month now and nothing has happened.

alishaj6
4/30/18

Purchased a Surface Lap top July 2018 - constant issues with ram after 3 months of having the computer it would turn off and freeze. I took to microsoft and they fixed the issue (which is not convenient since the closest store is 2 hours away and they had to keep for 3 days - its my work computer) 5 months later same thing this time they forced me to pay for a year support subscription to repair the problem for $250 (discounted to $199 because I complained so much! Telling to me to call monthly so they can check the computer.

I have always had mac and NEVER have I had these issues with a computer let alone a new computer my oldest mac is 5 years old and still functions. I bought a PC due to the ease with documents - Im a real estate agent I found my pc at work to be easier to work on then my mac. Never again This computer was $1200 and now I have to pay $250 every year to fix it?! What non-sense I will never purchase a Microsoft computer or product if I can avoid it!

yongh17
3/26/18

When you get enough points to redeem, Microsoft will ban your account, you get nothing but waste your time

paulo281
3/20/18

Purchased Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 which include Skype for business. Absolutely no human support for Skype for Business when purchase and installed. Spent 5 hours researching solutions to fix the problem, but nothing worked. Called technical support and they said they did not support the product. If you going to sell a product and not support the install - shame on you!! Hell has a place for you.

31 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Right there with you. Microsoft tried every way it can to make you use their products and they suck.

By Cathy M.

Depends on the department. Never expect a refund and the department's do not communicate between each other.

By Brandi E.
Questions? Get answers from the Microsoft staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Microsoft