Review of Microsoft

Redmond, WA 98052
Tel: +1-800-778-7879

michelleb67
8/20/14

What did they do to their windows, I heard it was bad but now that i deal with it, I have already returned computers because of the sensitive right side bar that always is coming up when I am on another program and trying to work. If you call the customer service number they are a bunch of unintelligent retards, they messed up my irder told me to all back and cancel they when I did they shipped it out anyways and then they told me that they shipped it n monday when I didnt even order it unitl tuesday. Never again will I order form them!!

Tip for consumers: DO not call customer service they tell you wrong information every single phone call!! Order form another vendor.

gilberts13
4/17/14

Not a big fan of Microsoft at the moment. I bought a lap top last year with Windows 8 and updating the OP system to 8.1 is a real nightmare. If my computer is not ready for the update, it could end up ruining the hard drive, etc. Should have bought a Mac instead..

desireer
3/3/14

Total scam! I would give it zero stars if I could. DO NOT ever subscribe for just one month to their products! I specifically unchecked the auto renewal box when subscribing, and my receipt clearly stated for one month. Two weeks later I get an email that my card will be charged for auto renewal. Sure enough, my Microsoft account also says "auto renewal". I waited for over an HOUR for a live chat representative, only to be told they cannot access my account. I would have to call them to get a code to access my info. For how much money they rake in, and how "technologically advanced" they supposedly are, you would think their subscription and customer service systems would be more savvy.

darthh
1/16/14

This review is about the business Microsoft. It seems the golden years of this company are gone. Windows XP was great. Windows Vista was a mean trick on the planet. Windows 7, well anything after Vista is wonderful. Oops Windows 8! I'd like Vista again please. Make the pain stop! Actually to get around Windows 8 I ordered a Windows 7 from a reputable online company that is based in the good old US of A. And now we are hearing talk of Windows 9... seriously! What Windows 7 isn't good enough for Microsoft? You want to ruin your reputation further? I'm guessing Bill Gates is retired or something. It's like some weirdo on the board of directors of Microsoft had a bunch of anti-money making ideas and finally when Bill Gates retired they were able to bring their evil fruit to fruition. I'm not sure if this will make any sense but I run a business so hear me out...

Windows 8 is a good phone OS but a really really bad PC OS. Windows 7 works. But I'm still mad at Microsoft for killing XP. So let's compromise. Windows 8 stays on the phone and Microsoft should start shipping out Windows 7 again for the desktops and notebooks. Sorry Microsoft but I'm not going to pay $400 for a tablet with your OS on it when I can get one with the same specs for much cheaper with Android OS.

And if I may say so Microsoft you seem to pay more attention to Apple marketing campaigns then consumers. Do you really think everyone is in love with Apple and imacs, ipads, and Apple notebooks? If so you are falling into Apple's hands. If I wanted an Apple computer I would go buy one. Microsoft, you ran into a lot of trouble since you started comming out with another OS every few years. They keep getting worse. You also got in hot water when you came out with an OS that would be usable on all modern devices and tried to force it down our throats like Windows Vista. Windows 8 is a great phone OS it really is. You don't need to trash it and make us hate you more by coming out with another Windows OS. Windows 7 works. Stop breaking your OS please.

Microsoft if you really want to make consumers happy bring XP back. Make your next OS look like XP and be compatible with software that ran on XP. I'm not talking about silly virtual fake compatibility. You have several years. Rewrite it from scratch and make it good and make it 64 bit. And could you please improve your silly idea of a firewall. It's so easy for hackers to disable it. I fix other's computer problems for work. I also do custom builds and no one wants Windows 8.

lyndseya
11/5/13

Microsoft creates very useful operating systems and software. It brings great convenient for modern office work.

testrios
10/29/13

The best software provider ever on earth

phibur
10/4/13

Expensive but i love windows os and will always use it

michaelp69
1,400 helpful votes
10/4/13

The sales figures are not at all surprising. People do not want an Xbox 360 console AND an Xbox One console under their TV. Microsoft has already addressed the always-on and Kinect issues (which were valid issues), to their credit.

Make the Xbox One back-compatible where your DISCS can be used in the console, and watch the sales of the XB1 go astronomical.

I thought Windows 8 was a fluke, being an inferior product. Then I heard about Microsoft's decision making process on the Xbox One and I thought "Nope, whoever's running the place needs to be fired."

Give the customers what they want and you will make money. Why can they NOT understand this.

romeshkumara1
7/1/13

The basic version of Office 2010 does not include Outlook Features. On many business/ Bank websites, if you try to post an e-mail from within the open pages, the format that opens is based on Outlook.
It results in the mails, not dispatched, in most cases. To buy add-on Outlook is about $120. I normally do not need Outlook for my own mails except on occasions when an information is to be submitted

caras1
5/8/13

I mostly like this site for their online support. It is also a great way to search new products. Great site.

jenniferh22
11/18/12

Windows 8 is an improvement.

davee3
12/27/11

Whenever I have a problem with Microsoft software I can never find a "free" answer. Everywhere I seem to go on their site takes me to paid problem tickets for $35 or more and then there is STILL no guarantee that they will answer the problem. For such a large company why can't there be a first line of defense which someone can analyze the problem and then let me know if it is worth paying for an answer. I also lost all use of my forms on my web site. I thought it was my web provider, but they informed me that Microsoft no longer supports their FrontPage software. WHAT ?? How can they do that to me. I don't have time to learn a new software. They suggested I purchase Web Expressions from Microsoft. It was a waste of $69 and the most un-intuitive program I've ever bought. I gave it to the local school who gave me the web site wordpress.org to revamp my website and THAT worked and I didn't have to pay for it except for a template I liked and had instructions on how to use it.

willc11
7/10/11

i strongly recommend this website!

lynnc3
1/9/11

Microsoft offers a free anti virus and firewall that are as good as a lot of the paid anti virus software

matthewt
8/19/10

Microsoft.com is where you go if you have a problem with your windows based PC or just want to see what the latest and greatest software Microsoft will be putting out to the public in the future or now. You can navigate the site pretty easily and everything is at your disposal. There is a bet that you need to find information about a Microsoft product this site is where to go.

madisons
3/25/10

It started with Microsoft Ver.1 and now we all know it as, Windows 7.
Windows is a Computer Operating System created by Microsoft and it is the System we all know, but not all love. Windows is a very functional OS and has a lot more people using it than any other OS.

31 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Right there with you. Microsoft tried every way it can to make you use their products and they suck.

By Cathy M.

Depends on the department. Never expect a refund and the department's do not communicate between each other.

By Brandi E.
Questions? Get answers from the Microsoft staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Microsoft