Review of Microsoft

Redmond, WA 98052
Tel: +1-800-778-7879

lucasw24
2/18/17

What's going about? Why you force me to update to newest free version? It's
suspicious when any company not only give, but force you to keep something for free.

daniels256
2/18/17

Sometimes people do not appreciate how easy life is with Windows, propably with time go, someone will make something like this. But why we have to wait? I learned about computers with Windows

nicks155
2/16/17

Microsoft product are cheaply made and they don not back there product!!!!!!! Worst Experience I have ever had, I got hung up on twice and all they wanted to do is make me jump through a bunch of hoops to get me frustrated and give up!!! well you win!!!! not that it makes a difference im just one ant in a giant world of users but just be warned that if you buy there products they WILL NOT BACK IT AT ALL!!!

mananm
1/15/17

I byed a Xbox one on Friday 13 jan 2017. 45 gb update then a 100 gb to download my Wi-Fi got finished 200 20gb I get every month this only.
Every game we have to update every single game about 20 20gb very bad. I prefer to bye ps is best in all

sr327
8/30/16

Microsoft Support. What a laugh!! On Friday I spent 6 hours on the phone while support agent worked (?) on my computer trying to fix OneNote. Tier 1 couldn't help and they passed me to Tier 2. Tier 2 couldn't help me directly but they started the OneNote sync process which (I know from previous syncs) would taake hours. The agent told me that if this did not work I should contact Support again and have Tier 3 assist.
On Tuesday I called Microsoft again. After waiting on hold for 4 1/2 hours Microsoft hung up on me. All this time I didn't even talk to an agent. I called back and when I got to Dave, an agent I asked for Tier 3 support. He went in file (using the case number I was given) and said the file showed closed. He did transfer me to Tier 2, Melody but after introducing herself, she too hung up. Way to go Microsoft. After years of being dedicated to Microsoft and the PC, the only thing I have to say after this disappointment- MAC here I come.

djfemmiej
8/8/16

Microsoft 10 they want $119 for WINDOWS 10 it and it removes programs IT REMOVED MY SIDEBAR after installing it on my main computer now I have to do a complete computer reset after speaking with SAMSUNG BUMMER and I decided not to get it AND INSTALL IT ON MY OTHER COMPUTER now my cd rom is not reading I am going to give them a serious bad revview on sitejabber one of the most expensive sites on the internet and their programs and support are a hot mess every time they roll out something new they ruin something you already had! MICROSOFT.COM needs to hire new programmers they haven't updated the media player even though it is very good in YEARS!

I have to use their products but these companies need to be responsible and service their programs after you install them kicking out programs that worked just fine prior to installing windows 10 I rebooted my computer at least the cd rom is back

jimmyl41
8/2/16

Case 134906079 Microsoft tech Robert installed Mac office home student 2016 on a
windows 10 computer. Ruined the computer. Did nothing to fix. Blamed me because it took
5 hrs to load. Do not let Tech support work on computer. No support when they do something
wrong

shaunaz
6/23/16

I am currently 17 years old working a part time job and I saved five weeks of paychecks to to pay for a surface three. Then after using it a total of four times the screen went blank and would not turn on and the surface logo kept blinking. After I saw this I sent it back to get a new one because they said they could send me one due to it still being on warranty, and it cracked while in shipping AND they blamed it on me saying it was intentional damage. They were telling me I had to pay $220 if i wanted a new one for something I didn't even do this is BS. $220 should be about another two paychecks for me...do you think I'm made of money?? Don't waste your money OR TIME paying for the pieces of crap they're selling.

angryc35
6/10/16

Thanks Microsoft for updating to thw newest cersion of Windows.
I baught a Windows 7 for a reason, I don't like the other versions of Windows. Thanks for taking away a littke peice of freedom from me.
Love, a very angry customer.

bjg3
5/27/16

I have Windows 7. It works fine for my purposes and I want to keep it.

WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPGRADE
In May, I started to receive nasty messages to upgrade to Windows 10. Constant. Every time Im on the MSN homepage, its there. Then Microsoft went as far as starting to upgrade my computer without my permission! Thats when I called technical support on May 19.

I was on the telephone for an hour, much of that time repeating my questions, or asking the technician to listen to the question I was asking, not the one he thought he heard, or what he understood.

WHAT NEEDED TO HAPPEN
There was a program that needed to be removed from the registry to prevent the notifications for the Windows 10 upgrade from happening. I thought the technician had taken care of it.

But the notifications started again this morning, May 27, as Microsoft began to install Windows 10 on my computer! I called technical support. Again.

DEALING WITH OUTSOURCED HELP
I made a decision when it comes to speaking with outsourced technical support: If I have to struggle with the language comprehension skills of the person on the other end of the line, I ask to speak with a supervisor. If theyre talking down to me, if theyre cutting me off, I ask to speak with a supervisor. In my experience, their English has usually been better, as well as their social interaction skills. This was the case with the supervisor I spoke with.

I have also started to ask how many years experience the technician has. But the Microsoft supervisor would not divulge that information; I wonder why?

WHAT STILL NEEDED TO HAPPEN
What I uncovered was that there are 2 programs that need to be removed from your computers registry in order to stop Microsoft from automatically upgrading you to Windows 10:

gwx.exe
KB 303 5583

My total time for this call to get an issue resolved that should have been resolved the first time was 52 minutes almost 2 hours of my time TOTAL. If Microsoft is paying its outsourced technicians to do a job, then Microsoft must provide exactly what has to be done for the technician to do their job.

ASK FOR A CASE NUMBER
When I gave the supervisor my last case number, he looked it up, reviewed what had been done, and lo and behold discovered that the gwx.exe program had not been removed.

QUALITY CONTROL
Why doesnt Microsoft have someone review these case numbers to make sure that both offending programs are removed?

Microsoft increases its profit margin by outsourcing. And Microsoft trades off that with my increased time on the telephone. Thats not good business, and its not respect for the customers that built Bill Gates Empire.

And where did Mr. Gates learn that you can automatically upgrade a customer without their permission? And why does Mr. Gates insist that people have the latest and greatest? Isnt this part of the get the latest and greatest technology mindset which is eroding the fabric of our life, and our wallets?

TIT FOR TAT
If youre going to require me to spend 2 hours on the telephone to resolve a technical issue, then issue me credit as a customer, issue me frequent flyer miles give me something in exchange for my time. And curb your arrogance that believes that everyone should have and will benefit from the latest and greatest.

stewarth23
12/30/15

I just have to offer the following review for Microsoft since I've been disappointed with them since Windows 7. I liked Windows 7 but 8 and 8.1 really sucked! This, of course, made me very wary of Windows 10. I finally decided that they couldn't possibly f___ it up more then 8 or 8.1 so I took the plunge! I upgraded to Windows 10 and I can't tell you how pleased I am with it. I should tell you that they allow you to easily return to the version of Windows you're upgrading from for a limited time if you don't like it. This should put your mind at ease if you're sitting on the fence. I don't like Metro as tiles are much slower navigating then the standard start menu. That, of course, is easily rectified by installing Classic Shell. Making Google your search engine and homepage is a breeze and removing Crapware is just as easy! Microsoft, we're friends again!!!

Stewart C. Hagerman

Member: American Mensa Society

eddiea12
10/16/15

Windows 10 is such a wonderful piece of engineering as I'm told.It's just another Microsoft piece of junk is what it is. It is a masterful piece of spyware too.

dzuly
8/17/15

It is best to do a manual update to Win10. It is painless and straight forward for any activated Win PC. But there will come a time when you encounter problems and Micrsoft or any "gurus" that sprung up like mushrooms within a day or 2 of the official release advised to "reset". Even if you have to reset select "maintain your existing file" rather than "clear the existing apps,settings, files". I am talking through experience here where my keyboard/mouse/USB drivers are not loaded after Win10 reset,therefore leaving me stuck staring at the "lock screen". I can do a format and reinstall Win10 with the risk of not getting the copy of Win10 not activated. because the Serial number of Win10 is a generic number from my Win PC , I had checked on my 1- Win7 (same number) , 3- Win8.1 (same number) except the product ID is different. These number cannot be used as "your own" copy serial number. Whatever you DO NOT RESET your Win10 (bcoz any marginal compatible/updated drivers) will be deleted. So now I have to down grade back to my previous Win 7 Ultimate version update all the drivers back and do a manual update to Win 10 again after Win7 is activated.(Fingers crossed)

rubenq1
8/13/15

Everybody knows Microsoft and that they can be buggy, but overall trustworthy.

evies3
7/1/15

Products for end user are good. they use microsoft product easily.

stuarts1
2/6/15

This evening around 7:40PM friday I received a call from a company that handles Microsoft problems. Microsoft noticed that my computer had over 56,000 errors, my computer was automatically notifying Microsoft. Well this company called me and said we will get rid of all the errors and will put in place a microsoft antivirus and a cleaner that will take care of my computer for the rest of the life of the computer. They were very nice and I was watching them fly around my computer and I thought WOW this is a great thing they are doing. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, the second person came on and said it would cost me $200.00 for these two programs for the rest of the life of the computer. Here I thought they were going to do this and since there was no mention of money when this call started, this call lasted for nearly one hour and when I told them that I could not afford $200.00 for I am on a fixed income, I am a senior citizen age 70 and also a veteran and see if they would waive the fee. Really, I could not afford that price so they said I could pay 100 now and then next month another 100, I said I could not so they then said you can pay us $60 and we will clean up your computer but will not put a cleaner program on my computer. I told them that for all the help they wanted to do for me and without the mention of money I was going to notify sitejabber how great they are and would gladly mention them to others for the thoughtfulness that they gave there customers. The next thing I hear is she hung up on me and that was that. I have not had any problems with my computer at all. I have been doing my best to protect my computer and still feel that I am ok. I have a tablet and have been using it more and more without any problems there either. I just loved how they set you up and then let you fall. No money no honey. What a really nice company they are (NOT).

Tip for consumers: check and find out if this is going to cost anything before you start or you could wind up 1 or 2 hours wasted.

josephm85
12/11/14

Microsoft is a creative company, they create operating systems, updated software, I appreciate their work, without Microsoft? I can't think about this

ghostr
12/9/14

When Bill Gates made Microsoft.. He used Consumer demand with the us Gov.. to sell His Junk.. Junk back then Junk Now,,, Software and computers was never made to be safe for any user.. Out the door if it worked or not.. Bill Gates and his junk software and his first computers has turned this world into a $#*! Hole... Bill Gates, Microsoft, and every software maker and computer must be forced to clean up this mess.. If they all go broke. so be it.. I am no tech jack ass like bill gates, but I do know leave the back door on computers and its software,, You opened the door for all these crooks.. Starting with Bill Gates and Microsoft... Worlds Number 1 Hackers... This world will never be safe again with Your Hacker Junk... Grow some balls gates and fix Your Junk...

patrickp25
11/6/14

So I was a fool and bought a Dell laptop with Vista I have had to reinstall the software about once a year, now it will not allow me to access apple, everytime I try to fix it says " key not valid in specified state, so on hold with microsoft SURPRISE they need 99 dollars to fix... I hope thry rot in hell I will never buy another microsoft product

florrya
9/27/14

Best products! Microsoft publishing super attractive products around the world. I love their mobile phones so much. GO MICROSOFT GO!

michelleb67
8/20/14

What did they do to their windows, I heard it was bad but now that i deal with it, I have already returned computers because of the sensitive right side bar that always is coming up when I am on another program and trying to work. If you call the customer service number they are a bunch of unintelligent retards, they messed up my irder told me to all back and cancel they when I did they shipped it out anyways and then they told me that they shipped it n monday when I didnt even order it unitl tuesday. Never again will I order form them!!

Tip for consumers: DO not call customer service they tell you wrong information every single phone call!! Order form another vendor.

gilberts13
4/17/14

Not a big fan of Microsoft at the moment. I bought a lap top last year with Windows 8 and updating the OP system to 8.1 is a real nightmare. If my computer is not ready for the update, it could end up ruining the hard drive, etc. Should have bought a Mac instead..

desireer
3/3/14

Total scam! I would give it zero stars if I could. DO NOT ever subscribe for just one month to their products! I specifically unchecked the auto renewal box when subscribing, and my receipt clearly stated for one month. Two weeks later I get an email that my card will be charged for auto renewal. Sure enough, my Microsoft account also says "auto renewal". I waited for over an HOUR for a live chat representative, only to be told they cannot access my account. I would have to call them to get a code to access my info. For how much money they rake in, and how "technologically advanced" they supposedly are, you would think their subscription and customer service systems would be more savvy.

darthh
1/16/14

This review is about the business Microsoft. It seems the golden years of this company are gone. Windows XP was great. Windows Vista was a mean trick on the planet. Windows 7, well anything after Vista is wonderful. Oops Windows 8! I'd like Vista again please. Make the pain stop! Actually to get around Windows 8 I ordered a Windows 7 from a reputable online company that is based in the good old US of A. And now we are hearing talk of Windows 9... seriously! What Windows 7 isn't good enough for Microsoft? You want to ruin your reputation further? I'm guessing Bill Gates is retired or something. It's like some weirdo on the board of directors of Microsoft had a bunch of anti-money making ideas and finally when Bill Gates retired they were able to bring their evil fruit to fruition. I'm not sure if this will make any sense but I run a business so hear me out...

Windows 8 is a good phone OS but a really really bad PC OS. Windows 7 works. But I'm still mad at Microsoft for killing XP. So let's compromise. Windows 8 stays on the phone and Microsoft should start shipping out Windows 7 again for the desktops and notebooks. Sorry Microsoft but I'm not going to pay $400 for a tablet with your OS on it when I can get one with the same specs for much cheaper with Android OS.

And if I may say so Microsoft you seem to pay more attention to Apple marketing campaigns then consumers. Do you really think everyone is in love with Apple and imacs, ipads, and Apple notebooks? If so you are falling into Apple's hands. If I wanted an Apple computer I would go buy one. Microsoft, you ran into a lot of trouble since you started comming out with another OS every few years. They keep getting worse. You also got in hot water when you came out with an OS that would be usable on all modern devices and tried to force it down our throats like Windows Vista. Windows 8 is a great phone OS it really is. You don't need to trash it and make us hate you more by coming out with another Windows OS. Windows 7 works. Stop breaking your OS please.

Microsoft if you really want to make consumers happy bring XP back. Make your next OS look like XP and be compatible with software that ran on XP. I'm not talking about silly virtual fake compatibility. You have several years. Rewrite it from scratch and make it good and make it 64 bit. And could you please improve your silly idea of a firewall. It's so easy for hackers to disable it. I fix other's computer problems for work. I also do custom builds and no one wants Windows 8.

lyndseya
11/5/13

Microsoft creates very useful operating systems and software. It brings great convenient for modern office work.

31 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Right there with you. Microsoft tried every way it can to make you use their products and they suck.

By Cathy M.

Depends on the department. Never expect a refund and the department's do not communicate between each other.

By Brandi E.
Questions? Get answers from the Microsoft staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Microsoft