Usenet.nl

Usenet.nl has a consumer rating of 1.22 stars from 138 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Usenet.nl most frequently mention free trial, credit card and customer service problems. Usenet.nl ranks 65th among Downloads sites.

No positive highlights yet

• I had the same problem, go to Paypal or your Credit card and cancel them through that (cancel vendor).
How would you rate Usenet.nl?

“Fast cancellation”

Alfred K.
6/3/19

I thought I wanted something, and had to use Usenet to get it. It turned out that it wasn't the case anymore. So while being in first day of the trial period, I tried to cancel via e-mail and tickets. Grated, that was on a Saturday, so it may have something to do with the fact the on Monday my subscription was still active. But, after trying again to cancel, this time with a phone call, it was a breeze. The call lasted about 2 minutes, with wait time included, and the subscription was canceled.

“Frauds! Beware”

Claudio F.
1/3/20

Tried cancelling on the same day as the movie was bad quality and in German. They make it impossible to cancel, so annoying, you can tell its a scam. Emailed them, tried to cancel through my profile and their support team to no reply. Exhausting I almost gave up but after many goes and waiting in line for 30 minutes somebody finally answered. The lady was very nice I'll give her that. She's just doing her job. This was my first and last time subscribing to a random site.

credit card (18)

Download a movie.

goranj4
March 31st, 2020

Hello to all.
I want to advice all victims of that froud site.
I am also the victim. They took from My paypal 99.96e.

Advice:
Dont try anything from Your side on site or paypal, dont cancel.
You can just make it more complicated.
They are very smart froud team.
How site not be down for 10 years almost? Because they know law and policies.
They now what he doing, If You try to cancel alone You can make 2 contract.

Canceling payed subscribtios:

Just call number and wait for response.
I call and wait about 5 minutes on line.
I call about 12am today.
Girl who answer on My call cancel the payment imidiately.
Just slow conversation and relax, dont panic.
They are foxes, they took money from costumers almost every day.
They want to cancel subsctiption but only with normal way with calling them and be ok.
They took money from peoples who dont call in free trial days.
I write to paypal also, that usenet.nl was froud site, but paypal response to me that is everything ok betwen him sides.

DONT CANCEL BY YOURSELF OR CONTACT PAYPAL AND BANK, JUST CALL HIM AND BE RELAX.

joshw64
June 9th, 2017

I was searching an e-book online and found this website. I thought they had it. Then I installed their client and signed up an account. Unfortunately, I didn't find my content, I then cancelled the service (in free-trail period of course), But After a month, I received a mail, which said I owe Usenet.nl 165 euro, wtf...

sidc24
February 20th, 2021

Trying to register while constantly showing "password not long enough"
This is not acceptable for a "secured business".

Tip for consumers:
go to gutenberg.org or taobao.com

Products used:
downloading ebook, failed.

harryn82
June 23rd, 2021

Total Scam website - DO NOT deal with them.

Never ever deal with this company. They attract you in with promises of what is available but you have to give them your credit card details. They then charge you a small amount for 2 weeks trial. I could not find what was promised so immediately cancelled the subscription. 2 weeks later I suddenly got US$99 charged to my credit card. I immediately wrote to them and they claimed that I had not cancelled the subscription and even though I had and I had contacted them within 1 hour of the charge they refused to cancel and return my money.

Tip for consumers:
Do NOT give them your credit card details or Paypal details under any circumstances

alfredk27
June 3rd, 2019

jaimel19
May 28th, 2017

I gave them 5 stars so my review is easier to find. Though the other reviews on this site suggest its nearly impossible, its very easy to cancel your usenet.nl free trial within the trial period without having to make any overseas phone calls. The user agreement states that you are entitled to cancellation within your 14 day trial period, and is effective immediately upon receipt of your request to cancel using their online cancellation form. If you are still under the free trial period, these are the instructions on how to cancel your trial: Log in to your usenet.nl account on their website using the login info they sent you in your free trial confirmation email. Click on the "My Account" tab near the top right of the page. It will direct you to the "My Subscription" page. There should be a redish-orange button near the bottom right of this page that has the word "Termination" on it. Click this button, select the appropriate reason for cancellation, and submit. Its as simple as that. If you did this you will be sent an email confirming that they received your request to cancel which, according to their user agreement, is sufficient for ending the trial period. The email also states that your subscription will not be extended after your current (free trial) term is expired. This is their legally binding promise to not charge you for services past the free trial period. They will only charge you if you fail to cancel before the end of the trial period through their official means of cancellation. The user agreement clearly states that deactivating your payment method does not constitute or represent cancellation of services, and you will still be bound to pay for services until you officially cancel with them directly.

alexandrus14
March 14th, 2020

They make all their best so you can't unsubscribe from their service which is awfull. After you are being put through a set of wrong buttons layout to give up on your intention you are asked to call them to complete the process.

adeelaj
January 4th, 2020

Scam, please call your bank and block your card immediately if u ever registered with this uselessnet.

davet26
May 6th, 2017

I'm not sure why there are so many negative comments on here. They have terrms and conditions you clearly sign up to but I love the service. Been using it for years with now problems at all.

mikek195
November 4th, 2017

Everything that happened to all of you guys happened to me. Now technacally my deadline to pay like 60$ is today, I was about to pay but I saw all of these reviews so I was like "hell nah these suckers aint getting sh*t". Now I'm debaiting wether or not I should send them a vividly rude message in like 5 differend languages

gobim
April 2nd, 2020

Usenet.nl is a scam company. Do not sign up, do not use their services!
They offer a free trail with no commitment. Only require a credit card to sign up and we can cancel anytime. They even make it seem legit by offering Paypal payment.

Do not get fooled Paypal does not vet their partners business practices, it only offers a payment mode/gateway.

Usenet.nl's plan is very simple... they do not allow you to cancel. I tried many times, logging on, going into my account and clicking the "unsubscribe button". It automatically logs you out and returns to main homepage.
No website confirmation, no email confirmation.

I got cheated as I assumed that (my fault, i know!) that my cancellation is under process. What happened is that they just ignore the cancellation and charge the full USD 99 to your card once the trial period ends!

This is their automated reply. As it stands, there is probable no other way that to cancel my card and replace a new one with the bank, upsetting all my payment arrangements with my other legit vendors. Highly troublesome.

Zero stars rating if possible.

*quote*

Hello Gobi**** M*******,

Thank you very much for your inquiry on 30.03.2020!

After an extensive database search we unfortunately have to report that we were unable to find a valid cancelation for account 10955288.

We will, however, gladly perform additional searches if you can assist us by providing further information: Did you receive a cancelation confirmation by e-mail after you sent your cancelation request? -If you did, can you please send us a copy?

How did you deliver your cancelation notice (support form request, e-mail or post)? - If you used our support form or contacted us via e-mail did you use a different e-mail address and/or customer account number from the one listed above?

Once we have proof of your timely cancelation, your contract can be terminated and the membership fee credited to your account. For now, we cancelled your account at the earliest possible date.

Thank you for your assistance and continued patience as we work to resolve this matter.

Your Customer ID: 109552**

*unquote*

taylors48
March 16th, 2016

Honestly I was pretty damn scared when I saw all of the 'rip off' reports. I was even considering canceling my card and having a new one sent out. But I noticed a correlation, namely that the people who were claiming it was a scam had really awful spelling, typed in all caps, or hadn't thought to cancel the trial (or couldn't figure out how). Literally there is a drop down menu that says "cancel" on it, and once you click on it it gives you either a phone number to call (keep in mind the time zone is CET) or you send a message requesting your trial account be closed. I attached a picture of my cancellation confirmation email. I was never charged.

Now that that's out of the way, the service itself is alright. Very fast downloads but I chewed through my data allowance in a day or two. The client is very well designed but for the price point I'm not sure I could justify it. You either have to commit to a full year (for 8 dollars a month) or pay month to month for 12. I don't feel comfortable with either option when their competitors have much more attractive offers, but for 600GB in downloads a month it isn't bad. It isn't a scam guys. Any time you hear "free trial" on the internet and they ask your credit card number, you can assume they will charge you if you forget to cancel. ANY service, including Xbox live, netflix, hulu, amazon prime. Anything.

aleksandarf
December 5th, 2020

I wouldn't have much against this company and their method of promoting, but a look at these negative reviews changed my mind. If their company worth something, then they wouldn't rely on advertising themselves so much and posting generated comments. Doing that explains enough that this company is a fraud. Horrendous customer support, inability to postpone your subscription, yielding zero results for the material that you wanted to find, but they claim they have it, aggressive advertisement, and the like. There are multiple websites, articles, and complaints about this company. They are blackmailing their customers and threatening to file charges against them if they don't pay a lousy subscription that costs up to 100 Euros. The only solution to save your money is to terminate your credit card. Better that than to lose your money.

It's a shock that they weren't sued and extinguished for their actions. I noticed this odd behavior on other platforms for downloading "free stuff" as well. When you visit any of those sites, they tell you that you must create an account on usenet.nl to download the material. Comments are auto-generated, which proves that they are fake. I created an account on their platform years ago to find something I needed, and the experience was horrendous. Poor internet speed, poor search results, and an annoying download limit. The UI of their software looks like it came out from the 90s. It's slow and unusable. People need to see the truth and stay away from them and their advertising because it's a fraud. Their response to complaints is also fascinating. They are playing the victim (saying people have no empathy for their service and their support) and going as far as individually mentioning people that called out their fraud. Do not subscribe to their service. If you spot on some sites that are affiliated with this fraudulent corporation, report them to the Federals for malicious advertising.

madieg
June 21st, 2017

This is a scam! Never sign up for this service. Whatever you think you need it for... trust me you don't. I signed up for the free trial and after doing so I realized they did not have the sheet music I was looking for, and then cancelled it (or so I thought). My subscription was not cancelled even after four attempts, and consequently I have been recieving invoices for the subscrption that I have never used, and to my knowledge cancelled. Also if you live in the United States and need to make phone calls to the hotline keep in mind that their business hours are different. In our time it is 3am-1pm on weekdays, and 3am-11am on Saturdays.

johns5908
March 2nd, 2020

This $#*! company causes several problems:

1. Makes it impossible to reach anyone to cancel your trial.
2. Neither do they answer emails.
3. What you can do is use PayPal, which allows you to cancel recurring subscriptions on your end.
But what they do, in retaliation, is report your associated card as 'fraud', causing PayPal to lock
You, and tell you to upload ID and credit card statement to restore, and at the same time,
Causes your bank to cancel and issue you a new card, which causes you to go update all your
Other recurring payments at your good merchants on that card.
4. It wasn't that much trouble for me, but be sure that I will get the word out,
You desperate pieces of $#*!. I hope you go the way of myspace.

mariusk16
December 16th, 2019

While browsing the internet I went to the usernet.nl site and to download a document. I had to enter my card details and after a period I was taken 99.99 euros from the card and I could not stop this transaction.
For three weeks I was taken from the account 99 euros and not even today I was given back. Usually the customer should be asked if he wants the product is not taken from the card directly so large.
I have not benefited from any service and I sent numerous emails to this company that I do not want anything from them, just to give me my money back. I do not want any service and I am not satisfied with anything they do.
There are some thieves and I won't stop until I get the stolen money back.

donz14
February 28th, 2017

I decided to cancel my subscription immediately but couldn't log in until I copied/pasted my new user name and password from their password reset email. I logged on finally and wasted about 10 minutes attempting to cancel online only to be directed to call. I called and was put on hold for about 5 minutes and then was directed to their cancellation department where it was done immediately. I received a cancellation confirmation email within minutes. Hopefully that is the last I hear from them.

katies520
February 19th, 2020

AVOID THIS COMPANY THEY RIP YOU OFF AND TAKE YOUR MONEY EVEN THO YOU HAVE CONTACTED AND CANCELLED BEFORE TRIAL ENDS. THEY HAVE BLATANTLY IGNORED EVERY CORRESPONDENCE SENT REGARDING CANELLEATION AND REQUESTING MY MONEY BACK.

srikrishnas
November 1st, 2019

I am a victim as well. I paid 1 euro for this "free trial" by usenet.nl yesterday and I tried to cancel it yesterday as well as today only to realize through these reviews, that it is a scam. And the bigger problem is, I didn't pay using paypal, but using my ABN AMRO bank account. So, I emailed the ABN AMRO services to find out how I can prevent future automatic debits from my account after this subscription expires (14-11-2019). Please comment on this approach to the situation.

lauraf70
June 8th, 2016

I signed up for a free trial and was disappointed in their service. I decided to cancel within ten minutes of signing up. I googled the company and was rather worried from all the complaints that cancellations were more or less impossible. I was also rather scared when I pushed the "cancel account" button on their website and a box popped up telling me I had to call their toll-free hotline during business hours to cancel the account (they were closed). I read the contract and it states that during the free trial period cancellation requests can also be submitted via email or mail gives a sample cancellation request. I submitted the sample cancellation request via email and received an email confirmation that my account was cancelled the following morning... I'll post if I have any trouble down the road, but so far I can't complain.

Their email address is *******@usenet.nl. Just send them a message of cancellation with your account number. Should take care of it.

alff5
December 3rd, 2019

Their free trial is impossible to cancel and therefore not free - this kind of scam should be illegal and probably is in most countries. Help stopping this by reporting to your credit card issuer or paupal.

jasona94
July 27th, 2016

I panicked when reading these reviews. However, I messaged them using the online form, also emailed them at *******@usenet.nl and called the UK number from their site (available in the contact hotline page). I wanted to cover all the possibilities. After the phone call my account was cancelled. Also received an email response to my cancellation request stating it had already been done. So no issues with cancellation. I did cancel well within the free trial period and not afterwards.

That being said, the service I believe gives false results on a Google search. I was searching for a specific book which usenet.nl said they had so signed up. The book was nowhere to be found, hence the cancellation.

There are better usenet services by far.

mishom
December 8th, 2018

I was in the last step to subscribe to this scam, but i related it to check on its reputation, then i find you, and read most of your reports, so thank you to rescue me, today they send me mail inviting me to complete my subscribe, offering 30 day trail in the mail subject but the mail says its 14 day heheh, even the trail offer they are lying in it. When i have free time i will be sure i f.ck them laying by their cards and rules :)

markt212
March 24th, 2018

USENET.NL make spam adverts that abuse author copyright making people think books are available as PDF for a 14 day free trial. Then you sign up, as I did, to see if my book was there and it was not. I did NOT use the service. I cancelled Paypal subscription but this does NOT cancel Usenet. Then debt collector wrote and said they wanted 115 euros because I used the service. I ignored it, problem went away.

I've been getting them for nearly a year now. Nothing has happend beyond getting letters

By Kerrie-ann E.
See more answers (7)

How do i terminate

I subscribed to a 14 day trial and like many quickly was faced with the difficulty of unsubscribing and locked into a 1 year plan. They will hunt you down and make you pay with a debt collector, so the only viable push back is legal support. If this has happened to you, report it to econsumer.gov and your local authorities, the more of us who report it, the more likely they will be investigated and face criminal charges.

By F M.