Review of Usenet.nl

Mountain View, CA 94043, US
abuse@usenet.nl

alfredk27
6/3/19

I thought I wanted something, and had to use Usenet to get it. It turned out that it wasn't the case anymore. So while being in first day of the trial period, I tried to cancel via e-mail and tickets. Grated, that was on a Saturday, so it may have something to do with the fact the on Monday my subscription was still active.

But, after trying again to cancel, this time with a phone call, it was a breeze. The call lasted about 2 minutes, with wait time included, and the subscription was canceled.

pietrog5
5/24/19

I tried to cancel before the of the trial. Then I guess it didn't cancel, and I got charged. Awful customer service. Bad,... more

iggys
3/12/19

Stole my money after registration.
Never in my life had I encountered a such low trust service.
The official engagement conditions stated
That I would get 14 days trial usage.
Which didn't work since their apps don't function.

aprilm228
2/22/19

I tried to cancel before the of the trial. Then I guess it didn't cancel, and I got charged. Awful customer service. Bad, bad

johnm2676
1/18/19

This is a scam ! Take Care! I get a message that I would have to pay the annual subscription anyway.

dhrh
1/14/19

Usenet claims to have the correct Open Software or even Generic free licensed firmware but you need to get an account. Yeah, free for 30 days (trial) and you can stop the contract.
Guess what, the software isn't there.
But here it is, you can try stop your trial account within the 30 days, they will only respond after the trial period and then you have to pay. You can complain but then they will use a dept collection agency on you. No service what so ever, they only want your money under false pretences.
Please, do not make the same mistake I made, you are warned!

mishom
12/8/18

i was in the last step to subscribe to this scam , but i related it to check on its reputation, then i find you, and read most of your reports , so thank you to rescue me,today they send me mail inviting me to complete my subscribe , offering 30 day trail in the mail subject but the mail says its 14 day heheh , even the trail offer they are lying in it .when i have free time i will be sure i f.ck them laying by their cards and rules :)

pippor5
12/1/18

Good morning everyone! I had the same experience of you, I joined the trial period, I considered it not interesting for me and I immediately canceled.
I received an email from them with the cancellation ok.
After months I get a message that I would have to pay the annual subscription anyway.
I replied by saying that I had canceled, but they say I still have to pay anyway.
Since Usenet.nl is based in San Marino, I then contacted the CSdL - Confederazione Sammarinese del Lavoro (http://www.csdl.sm/sportello-consumatori/ - Tel. (+378) 0549 962060 Fax (+378) 0549 962075) who put me in touch with their lawyer, to whom I explained everything and gave him the evidence.
The lawyer filed a complaint in my name against Usenet.nl, intending to suspend any payment request against me.
After a few days I received an email from Usenet.nl telling me the final closure of the contract.
Since then I have not received any payment requests.
I advise you to do as I do, the more you will be and the Usenet will stop using these methods.
Greetings to all

fazzp
11/12/18

They simply charged me USD99 without providing any notice. It is mentioned there is cancellation right for the contract and they will refund accordingly. But after I request for cancellation properly, they just simply terminate the contract and mention that they cannot refund my money. Such a scam, liar and thieves company.

hitafs
11/12/18

I did termination for my account before end of trial period and they didn't reply to me then they charge me for 99 dollars they don't have emails that u can contact directly be aware of them they are liars

andrewt221
9/16/18

Beware they will scam you and cannot cancel subscription as at end of request they will ask you call them!,

The password change never work also after change, it show password in-correct after change and unable to login. Lucky I still can access the page that not yet closed but nothing much can do.

The user details change seems not working as well as every refresh give different result.

If you not cancel, after a month they will monthly charge you.

If using PayPal, immediate cancel at pre-approved subscription.
If direct using CC, need to call bank to settle.

The merchant Details:

Merchant Business Name: Usenet.nl S.r.l.
Customer Service Email: info@usenet.nl
Customer Service Phone: +378 66809998

Scam Website URL: https://en.usenet.nl/unf/memberarea/misc/miscshowhomepage.cfm

All complains people make

robn55
9/3/18

**Sitejabber is having me do this report for a third time**

Usenet.nl states on their website that they have the movie or song that you're looking for when in reality they don't. They are liars.

I received an email from them saying that I was going to get charged $99.00 five days ago. I immediately responded to the mail saying to cancel my subscription and they still charged me today.

So I sent them another email copying the original email I sent them last week to remove the charge as I had stated to not charge me anyway. They haven't replied either. Usenet is a company that doesn't respond to emails and just moves on as if they have great products and effective customer service.

They are the worst

yugem
8/30/18

Oh my god, this is really scam site usenet.nl - i start my trial but everything was useless as sh1tttttt. i cancel my trial process then the site asked me to call a number. oh my god. instantly i found these reviews and make a call to the bank for lock my visa. This site was taken me 1 usd when i registered.
If you show your card information to the site, you should lock your bank account instantly!

ciaranf4
8/13/18

I had the same problem, go to Paypal or your Credit card and cancel them through that (cancel vendor). Usenet.nl is a SCAM!

lynm32
8/2/18

A very bad experienced that i was deducted 99usd eventhough i cancelled my subscription. What a waste of money using this site!!!

jaroslavz
7/20/18

Do not even try to use it. It is impossibble to cancel their "service".
They claim when you register - you sign a "contract" with them, which is a bull$#*!

keviniang
6/30/18

Did not subscribe to their site or service. Don't even know what UsenetNL is did not hear of this company until recently my bank called me and told me I was debited the amount of USD99.00 by a certain UsenetNL. How can I get debited when I did not even subscribe to their service or anything?

johnf721
6/11/18

I tried their site and used my paypal account they sent me an email saying they cannot verify payment so I stopped insisting and then just yesterday i received a txt message from my bank that they took $99 and I was really surprised because that wasn't the card I was letting them to hold the amount. I cancelled pre-approved payment thru paypal but usenet won't allow me to cancel on their site and that I need to call. I sent them an email. just received a response from them today that they won't process any refund because I missed the timeframe to cancel. I am just a 20 yr old kid and I need those for college!

meindertb
4/29/18

Just found out that these people also tried to "steal" money for a subscription where I ended their "service"

Meindert

markt212
3/24/18

USENET.NL make spam adverts that abuse author copyright making people think books are available as PDF for a 14 day free trial. Then you sign up, as I did, to see if my book was there and it was not. I did NOT use the service. I cancelled Paypal subscription but this does NOT cancel Usenet. Then debt collector wrote and said they wanted 115 euros because I used the service. I ignored it, problem went away.

annac177
3/17/18

Please do not use this site. I am a writer and have just found one of my books advertised on this site. I have not authorised this. If they genuinely have this book - which they probably do not - they have obtained it illegally. I repeat, do not use. They are ripping off readers and writers alike.

alisonr25
3/5/18
• Updated review

After informing them in a final email what Paypal had said and they would get absolutely nothing from me ...I haven`t heard from them since! So don`t pay anything they are just seeing if you cave in and give them money ...DON`T!

“100 % PIRATES & THIEVES! DO NOT JOIN UNLESS YOU WANT TO LOSE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR SANITY!”
5/4/17
• Previous review

SCUM ...SCAMMERS .PIRATES .THIEVES .DO NOT JOIN EVEN ! THEY TOOK MY MONEY... BUT DID NOT SEND ME ANYTHING NOTHING ...NADA..... 'NO HELLO WELCOME TO OUR SITE BLAH DE BLAH!' NOTHING AT ALL ...NO 'WE ARE GOING TO TAKE MONEY OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT' .. ..I FORGOT I HAD EVEN JOINED TO BE HONEST !

I HAD A PAYPAL PAYMENT TAKEN OF £65.00..I DISPUTED IT AS I HAD NO IDEA WHO THEY WERE ...PAYPAL SAYS YOU HAVE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THE SELLER AND TRY TO RESOLVE THE MATTER ..I SENT THEM AN EMAIL THROUGH PAYPAL ASKING WHO THEY ARE YOU & WHY THEY WERE TAKING £65.00 FROM MY PAYPAL.? ...NO RESPONSE ! PALPAL TOO INTERVENED NOTHING ..SO I WAS GIVEN BACK THE £65.00. BY PP. THEN I READ ALL THE SCAM STUFF ABOUT THEM . I`M THINKING LUCKY ESCAPE!!!... UNTILL A DEBT COMPANY GETS INVOLVED SAYING I OWE £135!! I HAVE SENT THEM A SCREEN SHOT PROVING THAT I HAD QUERIED WHO THEY ARE AND THEY SAID IT WASN`T GOOD ENOUGH! THEY BAREFACED LIED SAYING THAT THEY HAD NEVER HAD ANY CORRESPONDENCE FROM PAYPAL AT ALL!

They continued to send me letters each time upping the amount.

I have just today spoken to a Paypal adviser ..who said .`Don`t worry theres nothing they can do !. Paypal have jurisdiction over them! . If Paypal decides they are fraudulant theres nothing they can do...............!BRILLIANT!

If they continue to harass you`ve got to go to the police and ask for a harassment form ...ignore them DEFINATELY don`t pay ANYTHING TO THEM ! so get lost usenet.nl.......you scamming scum!

simasg
1/22/18

Stay away from usenet it is a scam!
They will not let you cancel their account until they have charged you.

davidj333
1/20/18

There a bunch of useless pricks because my friend is 15 and he cancelled his account now hes being charged

aldrinm2
1/17/18

Once you input your card they automatically charged you, big scam ever, i hope google take down this site.

I've been getting them for nearly a year now. Nothing has happend beyond getting letters

By Kerrie-ann E.

By ALISON R.

I haven't paid and I won't, if you ignore it as I am, then, if they want to peruse the matter they would have to get a court order to send in the bailiffs. I highly doubt they would attempt this, as shady companies, a, do t want to raise attention to their dubious practices and b) they wouldn't win anyway, as I've never even used this services what evidence could they present? It's worth noting that such threating letters could easily be deemed as harassment and you have every right to contact the police and press criminal charges!

By Steven P.

It took 3 months of phone calls to get the "14-day free trial" cancelled. By that time, I was receiving regular letters from German debt collection firm Tesch Inkasso, threatening legal action to recover the scam debt that arises upon accepting the "free trial". . It was a scam, because the advertised resources did not actually exist. Therefore nothing was ever downloaded. But the only way to find out that the resources don't exist is to accept the "free trial", which involves providing personal details. And that's how the scam works.

By Sian H.

Notifying PayPal is not a cancellation though. If you don't want to get charged, send them a message to cancel your account. Easy enough.

By Usenetnl U.

That is not true. You can also simply send an e-mail or a message by contact form.

By Usenetnl U.

Yes they do give up they sent me three letters in all . I rang (and emailed them ) telling them Paypal have told me to ignore them andI would contact the police if they didn`t stop harassing me. (which is true) Since then Ive heard nothing from them that was a couple of months ago ...... So HOPEFULLY the craziness has stopped!

By ALISON R.

Please contact usenet.nl directly and tell them your Customer ID, Username and/or the e-mail address you registered with. If you send them a message with their contact form or by e-mail, you'll get a response within the next 2-3 days. That's what I did when I didn't receive my login info - they're really helpful! You can also call them but it might take a while to get through.

By Usenetnl U.

Nothing ! ignore them ..they have no legal rights .What they are doing is harrassment .. They took money from me too but Paypal reversed it ! They continued to send me me letters each time upping the amount. I have just this minute spoken to a Paypal adviser ..who said .`Don`t worry theres nothing they can do . Paypal have jurisdiction over them . If Paypal decides they are fraudulant theres nothing they can do! If they continue to harass you got to the police and ask for a harassment form ...ignore them don`t pay ANYTHING TO THEM !

By ALISON R.

I didn't ever use this service, I just ignor their threats, it seems everyone all over the net is posting about these threats, no one has been taken to court and it seems the letters stop after 18 months, however that's just what I've read. As for me, I'm more than happy to meet them in court, yet, I highly doubt they will attempt legal action! their harresment for money and threats are not acceptable, and is dubiously illegal. If u want the letters to stop I'd tell them that they r to cease all communication with you and warn them that, if they choose to ignore this request and send you 1 more letter then under uk law this is harresment and you will press charges formaly (That's what the police told me to do)

By Steven P.
Questions? Get answers from the Usenet.nl staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Usenet.nl