Usenet.nl

Usenet.nl has a consumer rating of 1.22 stars from 135 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Usenet.nl also ranks 70th among Downloads sites. The most common issues with Usenet.nl are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• I tried cancelling before my trial period ends, it didn't cancel!
  • They get you to put your credit card in for the "Free Trial," but then make it impossible to cancel.
How would you rate Usenet.nl?

“Fast cancellation”

Alfred K.
6/3/19

I thought I wanted something, and had to use Usenet to get it. It turned out that it wasn't the case anymore. So while being in first day of the trial period, I tried to cancel via e-mail and tickets. Grated, that was on a Saturday, so it may have something to do with the fact the on Monday my subscription was still active. But, after trying again to cancel, this time with a phone call, it was a breeze. The call lasted about 2 minutes, with wait time included, and the subscription was canceled.

“Frauds! Beware”

Claudio F.
1/3/20

Tried cancelling on the same day as the movie was bad quality and in German. They make it impossible to cancel, so annoying, you can tell its a scam. Emailed them, tried to cancel through my profile and their support team to no reply. Exhausting I almost gave up but after many goes and waiting in line for 30 minutes somebody finally answered. The lady was very nice I'll give her that. She's just doing her job. This was my first and last time subscribing to a random site.

trial period (14) credit card (16) customer service (11) bank account (5) money (42) paypal account (4) san marino (4) 14 day trial (5) collection letter (4) 14 days (4) scam company (3)
claudiof25
January 3rd, 2020

Tip for consumers: Don't use it.

alexandrus14
March 14th, 2020
They make all their best so you can't unsubscribe from their service which is awfull. After you are being put through a set of wrong buttons layout to give up on your intention you are asked to call them to complete the process.
goranj4
March 31st, 2020
Hello to all.
I want to advice all victims of that froud site.
I am also the victim. They took from My paypal 99.96e.

Advice :
Dont try anything from Your side on site or paypal, dont cancel.
You can just make it more complicated.
They are very smart froud team.
How site not be down for 10 years almost? Because they know law and policies.
They now what he doing, If You try to cancel alone You can make 2 contract.

Canceling payed subscribtios :

Just call number and wait for response.
I call and wait about 5 minutes on line.
I call about 12am today.
Girl who answer on My call cancel the payment imidiately.
Just slow conversation and relax, dont panic.
They are foxes, they took money from costumers almost every day.
They want to cancel subsctiption but only with normal way with calling them and be ok.
They took money from peoples who dont call in free trial days.
I write to paypal also, that usenet.nl was froud site, but paypal response to me that is everything ok betwen him sides.

DONT CANCEL BY YOURSELF OR CONTACT PAYPAL AND BANK, JUST CALL HIM AND BE RELAX.
adeelaj
January 4th, 2020
Scam, please call your bank and block your card immediately if u ever registered with this uselessnet.
gobim
April 2nd, 2020
Usenet.nl is a scam company. Do not sign up, do not use their services!!
They offer a free trail with no commitment. Only require a credit card to sign up and we can cancel anytime. They even make it seem legit by offering Paypal payment.

Do not get fooled Paypal does not vet their partners business practices, it only offers a payment mode/gateway.

Usenet.nl's plan is very simple... they do not allow you to cancel. I tried many times, logging on, going into my account and clicking the "unsubscribe button". It automatically logs you out and returns to main homepage.
No website confirmation, no email confirmation.

I got cheated as I assumed that (my fault, i know!) that my cancellation is under process. What happened is that they just ignore the cancellation and charge the full USD 99 to your card once the trial period ends!

This is their automated reply. As it stands, there is probable no other way that to cancel my card and replace a new one with the bank, upsetting all my payment arrangements with my other legit vendors. Highly troublesome.

Zero stars rating if possible.

*quote*

Hello Gobi**** M*******,

Thank you very much for your inquiry on 30.03.2020!

After an extensive database search we unfortunately have to report that we were unable to find a valid cancelation for account 10955288.

We will, however, gladly perform additional searches if you can assist us by providing further information: Did you receive a cancelation confirmation by e-mail after you sent your cancelation request? -If you did, can you please send us a copy?

How did you deliver your cancelation notice (support form request, e-mail or post)? - If you used our support form or contacted us via e-mail did you use a different e-mail address and/or customer account number from the one listed above?

Once we have proof of your timely cancelation, your contract can be terminated and the membership fee credited to your account. For now, we cancelled your account at the earliest possible date.

Thank you for your assistance and continued patience as we work to resolve this matter.

Your Customer ID: 109552**

*unquote*
johns5908
March 2nd, 2020
This $#*! company causes several problems:

1. Makes it impossible to reach anyone to cancel your trial.
2. Neither do they answer emails.
3. What you can do is use PayPal, which allows you to cancel recurring subscriptions on your end.
But what they do, in retaliation, is report your associated card as 'fraud', causing PayPal to lock
you, and tell you to upload ID and credit card statement to restore, and at the same time,
causes your bank to cancel and issue you a new card, which causes you to go update all your
other recurring payments at your good merchants on that card.
4. It wasn't that much trouble for me, but be sure that I will get the word out,
you desperate pieces of $#*!. I hope you go the way of myspace.
mariusk16
December 16th, 2019
While browsing the internet I went to the usernet.nl site and to download a document. I had to enter my card details and after a period I was taken 99.99 euros from the card and I could not stop this transaction.
For three weeks I was taken from the account 99 euros and not even today I was given back. Usually the customer should be asked if he wants the product is not taken from the card directly so large.
I have not benefited from any service and I sent numerous emails to this company that I do not want anything from them, just to give me my money back. I do not want any service and I am not satisfied with anything they do.
There are some thieves and I won't stop until I get the stolen money back.
katies520
February 19th, 2020
AVOID THIS COMPANY THEY RIP YOU OFF AND TAKE YOUR MONEY EVEN THO YOU HAVE CONTACTED AND CANCELLED BEFORE TRIAL ENDS.THEY HAVE BLATANTLY IGNORED EVERY CORRESPONDENCE SENT REGARDING CANELLEATION AND REQUESTING MY MONEY BACK.
alfredk27
June 3rd, 2019

srikrishnas
November 1st, 2019
I am a victim as well. I paid 1 euro for this "free trial" by usenet.nl yesterday and I tried to cancel it yesterday as well as today only to realize through these reviews, that it is a scam. And the bigger problem is, I didn't pay using paypal, but using my ABN AMRO bank account. So, I emailed the ABN AMRO services to find out how I can prevent future automatic debits from my account after this subscription expires (14-11-2019). Please comment on this approach to the situation.
alff5
December 3rd, 2019
Their free trial is impossible to cancel and therefore not free - this kind of scam should be illegal and probably is in most countries. Help stopping this by reporting to your credit card issuer or paupal.
mishom
December 8th, 2018
i was in the last step to subscribe to this scam , but i related it to check on its reputation, then i find you, and read most of your reports , so thank you to rescue me,today they send me mail inviting me to complete my subscribe , offering 30 day trail in the mail subject but the mail says its 14 day heheh , even the trail offer they are lying in it .when i have free time i will be sure i f.ck them laying by their cards and rules :)
markt212
March 24th, 2018
USENET.NL make spam adverts that abuse author copyright making people think books are available as PDF for a 14 day free trial. Then you sign up, as I did, to see if my book was there and it was not. I did NOT use the service. I cancelled Paypal subscription but this does NOT cancel Usenet. Then debt collector wrote and said they wanted 115 euros because I used the service. I ignored it, problem went away.
iggys
March 12th, 2019
Stole my money after registration.
Never in my life had I encountered a such low trust service.
The official engagement conditions stated
That I would get 14 days trial usage.
Which didn't work since their apps don't function.
dhrh
January 14th, 2019
Usenet claims to have the correct Open Software or even Generic free licensed firmware but you need to get an account. Yeah, free for 30 days (trial) and you can stop the contract.
Guess what, the software isn't there.
But here it is, you can try stop your trial account within the 30 days, they will only respond after the trial period and then you have to pay. You can complain but then they will use a dept collection agency on you. No service what so ever, they only want your money under false pretences.
Please, do not make the same mistake I made, you are warned!
lesleyt29
October 28th, 2019
This promised to have some books I was interested in, then when i downloaded it they weren't there. I tried to cancel the subscription but was told i had to make a phone call to do it. So i cancelled through paypal, all sorted but beware that could have been an expensive mistake.
jessiel38
February 13th, 2017
Do NOT sign up for them. It is a scam and will take your info, and there's no way to cancel besides cancelling via Paypal/CC. I tried calling twice (as instructed after trying to cancel online with no success), and was on hold for over 30 minutes each time, never speaking to a real person. I figured it was a scam and called Paypal. Then I got a letter from them where they threatened to ruin my credit rating! Do not use this service.
taylors48
March 16th, 2016
Honestly I was pretty damn scared when I saw all of the 'rip off' reports. I was even considering canceling my card and having a new one sent out. But I noticed a correlation, namely that the people who were claiming it was a scam had really awful spelling, typed in all caps, or hadn't thought to cancel the trial (or couldn't figure out how). Literally there is a drop down menu that says "cancel" on it, and once you click on it it gives you either a phone number to call (keep in mind the time zone is CET) or you send a message requesting your trial account be closed. I attached a picture of my cancellation confirmation email. I was never charged.

Now that that's out of the way, the service itself is alright. Very fast downloads but I chewed through my data allowance in a day or two. The client is very well designed but for the price point I'm not sure I could justify it. You either have to commit to a full year (for 8 dollars a month) or pay month to month for 12. I don't feel comfortable with either option when their competitors have much more attractive offers, but for 600GB in downloads a month it isn't bad. It isn't a scam guys..any time you hear "free trial" on the internet and they ask your credit card number, you can assume they will charge you if you forget to cancel. ANY service, including Xbox live, netflix, hulu, amazon prime. Anything.
abrila1
July 15th, 2019
I tried cancelling before my trial period ends, it didn't cancel!
No customer service. Phone unreachable.
Charged 99.00 even when I tried to cancel it. Keeps on charging me!!!!

SCAMMER!!!!!!!
donz14
February 28th, 2017
I decided to cancel my subscription immediately but couldn't log in until I copied/pasted my new user name and password from their password reset email. I logged on finally and wasted about 10 minutes attempting to cancel online only to be directed to call. I called and was put on hold for about 5 minutes and then was directed to their cancellation department where it was done immediately. I received a cancellation confirmation email within minutes. Hopefully that is the last I hear from them.
ciaranf4
August 13th, 2018
I had the same problem, go to Paypal or your Credit card and cancel them through that (cancel vendor). Usenet.nl is a SCAM!
teresac77
June 29th, 2017
0 ratings- scam artists - will coerce you into using their free trial then make it impossible for you to cancel so that they bill you later on represented by a service called Inasako and then demand 164 euros.

If this has happened to you contact the FBI internet fraud branch and submit a formal grievance against the company entitled Fradulent Inducement.
Let us put an end to scams such as these.
beag8
July 18th, 2017
All I can say is that their company is extremely shady and they should all go to jail !

My dad who is 80 years old tired to download some document which he never got - now they ask for 50 through this other company hired to collect the money ! I hope they don't steal from us more - not sure if my dad gave his PayPal account. I tried to get an explanation but they tell me to go to the police if I'm not happy - which I will surely do !!!!!
lauraf70
June 8th, 2016
I signed up for a free trial and was disappointed in their service. I decided to cancel within ten minutes of signing up. I googled the company and was rather worried from all the complaints that cancellations were more or less impossible. I was also rather scared when I pushed the "cancel account" button on their website and a box popped up telling me I had to call their toll-free hotline during business hours to cancel the account (they were closed). I read the contract and it states that during the free trial period cancellation requests can also be submitted via email or mail gives a sample cancellation request. I submitted the sample cancellation request via email and received an email confirmation that my account was cancelled the following morning... I'll post if I have any trouble down the road, but so far I can't complain.

Their email address is *******@usenet.nl. Just send them a message of cancellation with your account number. Should take care of it.
pietrog5
May 24th, 2019
I tried to cancel before the of the trial. Then I guess it didn't cancel, and I got charged. Awful customer service. Bad,... more

I've been getting them for nearly a year now. Nothing has happend beyond getting letters

By Kerrie-ann E.
See more answers (7)

They took money from me too but Paypal reversed it ! They continued to send me me letters each time upping the amount. I have just this minute spoken to a Paypal adviser ..who said .`Don`t worry theres nothing they can do . Paypal have jurisdiction over them . If Paypal decides they are fraudulant theres nothing they can do! If they continue to harass you got to the police and ask for a harassment form ...ignore them don`t pay ANYTHING TO THEM !

By ALISON R.
See more answers (4)

I haven't paid and I won't, if you ignore it as I am, then, if they want to peruse the matter they would have to get a court order to send in the bailiffs. I highly doubt they would attempt this, as shady companies, a, do t want to raise attention to their dubious practices and b) they wouldn't win anyway, as I've never even used this services what evidence could they present? It's worth noting that such threating letters could easily be deemed as harassment and you have every right to contact the police and press criminal charges!

By Steven P.

How do i terminate

It took 3 months of phone calls to get the "14-day free trial" cancelled. By that time, I was receiving regular letters from German debt collection firm Tesch Inkasso, threatening legal action to recover the scam debt that arises upon accepting the "free trial". . It was a scam, because the advertised resources did not actually exist. Therefore nothing was ever downloaded. But the only way to find out that the resources don't exist is to accept the "free trial", which involves providing personal details. And that's how the scam works.

By Sian H.