US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jessl46
9/18/16

Some of the coupons or codes on this site work and some don't. Most if not all are added by users and obviously not confirmed by staff at retailmenot. Like my title says its hit or miss but I always check this site before purchasing anything online.

danielles83
8/29/16

I was so excited to save money on school supplies for my kids when I saw that Retailmenot was offering a $10 rebate for a $50 purchase. I followed all the and conditions of the offer when I submitted my receipt for review. Then I waited past the 14days they said to wait. So I emailed them asking what the status was. They first tried telling me that I didnt make my purchase through the special link they provided, so I provided proof that I did. Then they tried telling me that my subtotal did not meet the required minimum purchase. It only states that the subtotal is before taxes and tips in their terms NOT that it is after all other discounts as well. I have the proof directly from their website on the offer and they still refuse to give me the discount. What a SCAM!!! This is FRAUD!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't waist your time on rebates offered by Retailmenot they will wiggle their way out of it.

jessicaj72
8/18/16

At first I loved this app. It works great in the mall and we got 20% off at Tilly's and seems like it was going to be a great choice to add to our phones. However, after trying to use it at three or four different food places,be it fast food or restaurants, we were told that they did not honor the app and they didn't know why they were on the app and they were trying to get off of the app. They seemed upset that there were even coupons for their franchise or company or whatever it be on that app so I guess there's some pros and some cons but I wish that the food coupons were actually real and they're not. Fake fake fake but I'll still use it inside the mall or for truly "retail" stores.

rhondab34
8/12/16

Another victim of the rebate scam here. A complete waste of time. Followed instructions to the letter and rebate was still not approved. When I emailed to find out why, the response was that they couldn't verify my purchase originated from RetailMeNot. Possible reasons were: you have an ad blocker, cookies aren't enabled on your device, the link wasn't clicked on Step 2 of the instructions, you clicked another site after clicking the link in Step 2 of the instructions prior to making your purchase, or you used a non-RetailMeNot coupon on your purchase (offer specifically stated that it was stackable with other offers). Seriously? Good luck to anyone who attempts to cash in on this scam. I hope you have more success than I did.

nunzab
8/7/16

I TOO WAS SCAMMED BY THEIR SO CALLED REBATE, PURPOSELY SHOPPED AND SPENT $50 AT MACY'S TO GET THE $10 REBATE, I DID EVERYTHING AS TOLD AND THEY DOESN'T MET THE REQUIREMENTS, WHATEVER, SCAM ARTISTS- HOW WOULD I HAVE EVEN KNOW ABOUT IF DIDN'T CLICK THROUGH YOU STUPID SITE?! FRAUD

samk90
8/6/16

When I made a purchase, I went through Retaiilmenot due to a rebate they were having. I met all of the terms, but the rebate was not approved. I should have just stuck with ebates...no problems getting cash back there!

jeffreya26
7/24/16

I have used this site probably since it started 8 to 10 years a go, and it used to be a great place to save money...now I notice there has been a huge decline in coupons and deals being added to their site. Id say 8 out of 10 coupon codes on their site are bogus now. Its a shame.

carlyg7
7/20/16

This site is totally bogus, NO coupons in my two year search have ever worked tried over a 1000 coupons and the non codes, they just make money on our clicks to the websites. "oh you need no code just click here and save" but you never find that discount anywhere in the site. i stopped using and suggest companies stop associating with the site.

josephs165
5/7/16

I wish all of the codes would work but still I get to save a lot for free!

rodrigod5
4/20/16

RetailMeNot saved me lots of $$$ over the years. I don't have to hunt down coupons or sign up for spammy newsletters filling up my inbox. I just go to RetailMeNot.

monicab46
3/29/16

I love this site. It has helped me save lots of money. Whenever I order something i always go to this site to get a coupon and 99 percent of the time it works.

damedebw
3/18/16

This is my favorite site for promo codes. I usually use the top 3-4 discounts, checking for % of success rates, how many have used codes that particular day and when last used. So far retailmenot has saved me a great deal of money on pretty much any site I check on. When you check for promo codes and/or coupons, retailmenot is your first choice option, letting me know they are the most widely used promo site. Some people don't realize that Amazon, eBay, Walmart and other huge companies have codes on retailmenot. It is pretty user friendly from all devices. They even post expired codes or not so successful codes, saying they may or may not work. I have had success using these a few times, but not much. Still worth your time to check them out.

josephn31
3/10/16

If you want to look like a con or a thief then this site is for you!!! What a scam! This site sucks and needs shut down.

leoa20
3/9/16

I do check retailmenot before I make many purchases. Depending on the brand I'm buying from, I'll get a free shipping code, or 20% off, etc. What I don't like is clicking on a 20% off coupon and it's just an advertisement "no promo code needed" And that does happen often in my experience.

bobbym42
3/9/16

I've used them for a while now and really like it - their discounts always work, helping me to get my discount!

jesser2
3/3/16

This is a site for stupid people that want to rip off retail stores and take advantage of all the coupons at once.

Just STFU, get their apps and text alerts. This site needs to be shut down by the corporate world!

danielleb42
1/30/16

I ALWAYS go to this website before purchasing something online or ordering food through places like Pizza Hut. They usually have some type of coupon code that you can use for shopping online, but some of them are invalid. However, that's not the site's fault! Users can enter codes into the site themselves, and some enter invalid codes just for the sake of doing it, one-time use codes so they get credit for someone using it, or referral codes so that they can make money off of them. All you have to do is down-vote the code if it isn't working and it'll be taken off the site! It's not that big of a deal, and it only takes a few minutes to check a few codes to see if they're working so that you can save some money!

As for codes that you can use in-store, be sure that you have the right information before taking the coupon in! I once went to B&BW with a RetailMeNot coupon pulled up on my phone, but they refused to honor it and I ended up paying full-price for the items I bought. However, when I called B&BW customer service, they were nice enough to give me free credit to use online totalling the price of the coupon.

Tip for consumers: To save time looking for working codes, search for the ones that have been up-voted by several different people!

marianb4
10/13/15

This promo site is great. I go to them now before I do any online shopping. The coupons are current and worthwhile. Its updated all the time. No memberships or downloads required, Just a great serice.

rld1
9/6/15

It seems RMN is pulling ads from various sources without verification. Many offers appear to be incomplete. Offers either being refused or the merchant denies knowing anything about RMN. Makes me feel like I'm trying to rip off the merchant.

Another issue with RMN is the lack of consistency. Offers made via the app may not show up on their website and vise versa. Terms are not accurate, for instance, must buy a combo when you don't. Yes, you must buy something, but doesn't need to be that. And many of the items you don't need to show a coupon or even the app screen.

Wish I can take them down to 1.5 stars... Not yet 1 star but heading that way. :(

Tip for consumers: Regardless what the instructions say, ask about the offer when you arrive to see how they will handle it. Waiting until you're ready to leave may be too late.

beverlyp17
9/2/15

They may not always have a coupon for what you need, but look here first before you purchase. I've found free shipping codes and 20% off my order.

markl134
8/22/15

Wasted time on 2 offers that did not work. Wonder how many offers are actually real, and if occasionally a business accepts an offer just for PR reasons. Too bad they have to do this, and too bad people are wasting their time in many other instances.

tims85
7/24/15

Small type disclaimer on their emails states it's up to the retailer if coupon will be accepted. A lot are regional only coupons not valid everywhere, just in the regions the contributors live. For example, a recent national chain coupon appeared, I called the local restaurant to see if it was valid, manager said I would have to bring it in to look at it. Not a very good way to save money (and gas). Also, the majority of their coupons are for merchandise and clothing, and you'll get the same coupons if you sign up on the particular retailers email subscription.

wyattb20
7/9/15

With sites like Ebates, myshoppingcart, and RetailmeNot, it is difficult to tell who is giving the best deal. This site works well for finding coupons. It does not work well for finding great deals. They do have the most amount of coupons. My favorite is AyeDeals.com because it does all of the searching for me, and saves me money and time.

jeremiahc12
6/24/15

This site is one of the best coupon site though there are hundreds of coupon site out there Their coupon 100% works its the same on couponchief.com they offered thousands of great coupon and the results was pretty amazing because it will help you more to save your life!

rosap3
6/16/15

RetailMeNot is far too busy and has too many deals to keep track of. As a result, a lot of their coupons don't work and there's just too many to weed them out. I find it a huge waste of time. I recently discovered an app called Malltip that tells me about deals going on inside the malls near me. Because most the deals are taking place in store, I don't have to mess with silly coupons. I've also earned gift cards for inviting my friends. Free money! Definitely recommend Malltip instead.

21 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the RetailMeNot staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question