Review of RetailMeNot

Tel: 352758147907
info@rmn.com

michelles316
7/19/17

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE - AND ONLY THROUGH E-MAIL!!! THEY DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE. EITHER THEY'RE STUPID, LIKE TO PLAY STUPID OR BOTH? THEY DO NOT STAND BY THEIR CASH BACK TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!!! I'VE SUBMITTED MY RECEIPT SEVERAL TIMES TO SEVERAL E-MAIL RESPONDENTS - PROVING THE PURCHASE AMOUNT AND THEY WILL NOT HONOR THE FULL CASH BACK AMOUNT. CONTACTING BBB....

Tip for consumers: EXPECT THE RUN AROUND WHEN THEY SCREW UP YOUR PURCHASE AMOUNT FOR CASH BACK!!!!

micheles4
6/29/17

$10 cash back to your PayPal if you spend $50 online at Macy's
$25 cash back to your PayPal if you spend $100 "
It take approximately a month for them to verify the purchase and you cannot stack another rebate program like Ebates, Retail me not must be your last click-through. Great deal when shopping clearance at Macy's!

mavik
6/28/17

I bought 2 certificates and while I received an email receipt immediately, it took more than 24 hours to get certificates. It took 40 hours. I had to send 3 emails and finally received certificates. The certificates came after I posted a review that said I never received them..mmmm???? The number on the website is only a recording no matter when you call it.
I have used their coupon codes and they work.

re9311
6/1/17

I requested a printout of a ONE PAGE COUPON without "signing in" and RMN tried to print 27 additional pages! I killed the print operation after two of these extra pages and deleted the print job still in que but I have nothing good to say about RetailMeNot!

zhiyongj
5/26/17

I bought $200 e-gift card with $174 for Buffalo Wild Wings yesterday and went to dinner at the restaurant. Then I found the gift card does not work and the manager says the balance is $0. I sent them e-mail and tried to call them. But the phone does not work and nobody will answer the phone. This is illegal and this company should be banned. I found many other people had the same issues with their gift card from RetailMeNot. It just wastes time of people.

evelync34
4/17/17

While they sometimes have good coupon codes, DO NOT buy gift cards from them. I bought 2 $200 Spa Wish gift cards for $130 each. Went to use them and found out they had both been fully redeemed weeks before they were sold to me. Got a refund but still had to pay full price for services at the salon (found out the card balances after I had the services). My understanding of the law is that this is actually fraud.

emmanuelg13
4/13/17

I bought a Dominos gift card for 17$ and was supposed to be worth $20. When i went to the dominos store the cashier said it only had $2.81 balance. I tried to email but they never replied. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE. SCAM AT ITS BEST

sharony12
4/4/17

purchasedgift cards at 18.5% discount and when I went the next day went to the store to check they said the gift cards were invalid. DO NOT BUY gift cards from them it is a scam and fraud!

Tip for consumers: when you call it goes to voicemail and they take forever to email you back.
reporting them to

donnaw36
3/1/17

Used this site at Christmas to get my grandsons electronic stuff. Great prices. Fast shipping. And large selection on just about everything you could want or need

dalial1
1/5/17

I did the 20 dollar rebate with a purchase of 50 at macys and I got my rebate to my paypal 3 weeks later..I did have to email them once the 3 weeks had passed and they reply and refunded my 20 dollars the same day. I also used a different retailmenot coupon for macys for the same transaction ended up saving tons of money :)

iconaj
12/29/16

Retailmenot is a scam of a business. They advertise egiftcards at discounted prices just to get the extra clicks on their website to gain advertising dollars from companies but they are fake! I purchased several egift cards from them as gifts for people and after several days the transactions were cancelled. I called the company and left left messages and finally after sending an email they responded that for reasons they cannot say the transactions were cancelled. Is it because you didn't have the right to sell these cards in the first place? It seems that way...very suspicious.

johnnyc63
12/25/16

I recently purchased a eGift card for tgif for $35 value. I received my confirmation email and clicked on the link to redeem. I received a eGift card and card #. I thought ok, nice it worked.
The next day I decided to purchase another eGift card. I ended up selecting the same TGIF and the same $35 value. Problem is that when I redeemed it, I received the exact same gift card # as before. Which can't be correct. I have emailed their customer service and am waiting a reply. Hopefully this gets resolved.

sb185
10/18/16

I went to Ulta to use RetailMeNot's $3.50 off. At first the salesclerk said it was online only. I pointed out that it says, "In-Store or Online". I was then told it was not THEIR coupon and probably wouldn't be a valid code and sure enough, it wasn't. She went on to tell me that none of the coupons for Ulta on RetailMeNot are usable. I will be deleting the app. I don't have time for nonsense.

jessl46
9/18/16

Some of the coupons or codes on this site work and some don't. Most if not all are added by users and obviously not confirmed by staff at retailmenot. Like my title says its hit or miss but I always check this site before purchasing anything online.

danielles83
8/29/16

I was so excited to save money on school supplies for my kids when I saw that Retailmenot was offering a $10 rebate for a $50 purchase. I followed all the and conditions of the offer when I submitted my receipt for review. Then I waited past the 14days they said to wait. So I emailed them asking what the status was. They first tried telling me that I didnt make my purchase through the special link they provided, so I provided proof that I did. Then they tried telling me that my subtotal did not meet the required minimum purchase. It only states that the subtotal is before taxes and tips in their terms NOT that it is after all other discounts as well. I have the proof directly from their website on the offer and they still refuse to give me the discount. What a SCAM!!! This is FRAUD!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't waist your time on rebates offered by Retailmenot they will wiggle their way out of it.

jessicaj72
8/18/16

At first I loved this app. It works great in the mall and we got 20% off at Tilly's and seems like it was going to be a great choice to add to our phones. However, after trying to use it at three or four different food places,be it fast food or restaurants, we were told that they did not honor the app and they didn't know why they were on the app and they were trying to get off of the app. They seemed upset that there were even coupons for their franchise or company or whatever it be on that app so I guess there's some pros and some cons but I wish that the food coupons were actually real and they're not. Fake fake fake but I'll still use it inside the mall or for truly "retail" stores.

rhondab34
8/12/16

Another victim of the rebate scam here. A complete waste of time. Followed instructions to the letter and rebate was still not approved. When I emailed to find out why, the response was that they couldn't verify my purchase originated from RetailMeNot. Possible reasons were: you have an ad blocker, cookies aren't enabled on your device, the link wasn't clicked on Step 2 of the instructions, you clicked another site after clicking the link in Step 2 of the instructions prior to making your purchase, or you used a non-RetailMeNot coupon on your purchase (offer specifically stated that it was stackable with other offers). Seriously? Good luck to anyone who attempts to cash in on this scam. I hope you have more success than I did.

nunzab
8/7/16

I TOO WAS SCAMMED BY THEIR SO CALLED REBATE, PURPOSELY SHOPPED AND SPENT $50 AT MACY'S TO GET THE $10 REBATE, I DID EVERYTHING AS TOLD AND THEY DOESN'T MET THE REQUIREMENTS, WHATEVER, SCAM ARTISTS- HOW WOULD I HAVE EVEN KNOW ABOUT IF DIDN'T CLICK THROUGH YOU STUPID SITE?! FRAUD

samk90
8/6/16

When I made a purchase, I went through Retaiilmenot due to a rebate they were having. I met all of the terms, but the rebate was not approved. I should have just stuck with ebates...no problems getting cash back there!

jeffreya26
7/24/16

I have used this site probably since it started 8 to 10 years a go, and it used to be a great place to save money...now I notice there has been a huge decline in coupons and deals being added to their site. Id say 8 out of 10 coupon codes on their site are bogus now. Its a shame.

carlyg7
7/20/16

This site is totally bogus, NO coupons in my two year search have ever worked tried over a 1000 coupons and the non codes, they just make money on our clicks to the websites. "oh you need no code just click here and save" but you never find that discount anywhere in the site. i stopped using and suggest companies stop associating with the site.

josephs165
5/7/16

I wish all of the codes would work but still I get to save a lot for free!

rodrigod5
4/20/16

RetailMeNot saved me lots of $$$ over the years. I don't have to hunt down coupons or sign up for spammy newsletters filling up my inbox. I just go to RetailMeNot.

monicab46
3/29/16

I love this site. It has helped me save lots of money. Whenever I order something i always go to this site to get a coupon and 99 percent of the time it works.

damedebw
3/18/16

This is my favorite site for promo codes. I usually use the top 3-4 discounts, checking for % of success rates, how many have used codes that particular day and when last used. So far retailmenot has saved me a great deal of money on pretty much any site I check on. When you check for promo codes and/or coupons, retailmenot is your first choice option, letting me know they are the most widely used promo site. Some people don't realize that Amazon, eBay, Walmart and other huge companies have codes on retailmenot. It is pretty user friendly from all devices. They even post expired codes or not so successful codes, saying they may or may not work. I have had success using these a few times, but not much. Still worth your time to check them out.

21 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

No, there is no guarantee any store will take a RMN offer. Always ask before having it rung up and decide whether to buy or not once you know.

By Rl D. on 10/16/15
Helpful answer

Really? Sitejabber gave you a deal for a hotel? Amazing!! I'm going out on a limb here & assuming you're not very internet savvy seeing that you're posting this question on an unrelated site. Welcome to the internet. Always verify things from 3rd party sites.

By Jennifer M. on 6/3/13

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the RetailMeNot staff and other customers.

RetailMeNot?