US Government’s NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

waynes63
7/21/16

We booked through Hoteltravel.com last October for a 3 night stay in Amsterdam
I received 2 docs from them last year for our arrival this year June 15th/15.
One doc said "
COMPETE"
Thanks for using our service.
Below is your current booking - June 15th - June 18th.
We arrived at the hotel on June 15th and were told HotelTravel had cancelled our reservation!
The hotel phoned and was told they cancelled our reservation because "it was an international credit card!??
The agency said they sent us an email saying they were cancelling our reservation.
I informed them when we got home that we never received said email and had our company IT guy look and there was no email in inbox deleted or trash
Many emails back and forth with H.T. changing their story in every email
At one point they said the booking was good until after check in.
I replied if that was the case there would have been no problem
More back and forth and lots of dishonesty.
I said in 1 email if we received said email why would we fly to Amsterdam and go to the hotel knowing the reservation was cancelled?!
We had the 3 nights booked for $982.00 Canadian.
It ended up costing us $1980.00 Canadian!!
Our travel agent phoned them and said their explanation made no sense.
He and his coworkers will not recommend this booking agency again.

Hotel Travel after reading this review declined to help me get my money back and persisted in saying they sent an email I never received.
As well they have never said why they cancelled my credit card
I used the same credit card at the hotel on arrival after finding that HotelTravel had cancelled our reservations and they had no problems with the card.
We paid an extra $1000 because of their cancellation.I am still requesting reimbursement.

kenh66
7/11/16

If I could give a zero star, I would. First off, they don't answer their phones, tried 3 times and go through menu, then there is nothing. Dead line!
I made a mistake when I arrived one day later to my hotel in Alberta, CAN and the folks there had a room, but I had to pay for it. They said, "Good Luck" with getting a refund or any such thing from this company. I tried calling, but cannot get through. I know it was my mistake, (early dementia), but to have no communication with them is very poor. Non existent customer service.
Do not use this company! I should have read these reviews first before booking with them. Never again!

keileyp
6/11/16

I booked a hotel with them which they confirmed. They then sent an email advising they were unable to fulfill the booking. I therefore booked with another booking agent. When checking my travel itinerary I thought I would double check all details. On checking their site it stated the booking was confirmed and non-refundable. I telephoned and emailed them and they stated I had made two bookings. This was not the case. I am still in the process of trying to make sure the money is not taken from my account. Use this company at your own peril.

wyes
6/7/16

I had trepidations about having booked the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai once I read all the negative reviews. I wrote the hotel to make sure I had a booking, and I did. Hoteltravel was cheaper than any other site and did the booking immediately. There were no hidden fees, to the best of my knowledge. My experience was entirely positive.

cathyd26
5/18/16

UPDATED REVIEW...6/6/2016

Since my first review of Hotel Travel, I have to say that they responded immediately and as of today, they refunded my entire payment. I appreciate their effort by standing by their product. Obviously, their customer service is excellent after my review.

I would stay clear of either of these organizations. I booked a room at the Madrid Hilton through them on April 2nd...the charge went through immediately. On May 15, 2016, over a month later, I went to the Hilton to give my voucher and the Hilton informed me that Jac Travel/Hoteltravel had called them that morning and the Hilton had already sold out! Fortunately, I spoke Spanish and fortunately I was a Hilton member. They arranged another hotel close by and although it appeared nice enough, NOT THE HILTON AND I got bed bug bites all over. DON'T USE THIS WEBSITE!

tiad4
4/4/16

Please don't be fooled by the HotelTravel.com response to my review dated 4/4/2016. The HotelTravel.com response to my review does not address the issue I stated. Based on my review, the hidden/undisclosed fee was from HotelTravel.com and not the hotel. I was charged the additional undisclosed fee when I booked the hotel on the HotelTravel.com website - one week before I went to the hotel. I've attempted to resolve the issue with the company and they refused to provide a refund for the foreign transaction fee, so at this point I just want other customers to beware of this undisclosed fee.

marios43
3/21/16

They don't refund your money 5 days prior to your arrival time. If anything happens and you try to change or cancel your booking they charge you for one night.

brendag51
3/10/16

This motel was perfect, we have nothing but positive things to say about the motel, the room, the staff, the views, the wine and appetizers on Saturday night. The price was very good when you compare it to other hotels/motels in the area. Your on the beach and close to all the other beaches and only 10 minutes from Clearwater beach. We would definetly stay here again

barbp9
2/24/16

I had a last minute meeting in Washington and searched the web for a decent hotel price. After two days of looking I was ready to settle for a $250 room when I found a HT offer on Tripadvisor for $100 at the Comfort Inn downtown. I couldn't believe it so I booked online and called the hotel the following day to confirm. It was true and the stay was perfect, it even included breakfast. I will definitely try them again. Very happy.

michaels392
2/15/16

I booked medina apartments in sydney 29.30 31 dec . But had to cancel due to trip timing changes. I actually went to travelodge maquarie park to cancel well before time. But ever since i have been chasing the hotel and hotel.travel.com to find out " why i still have not been refunded my 1272. 48. The aust contact is rude and hung up when i asked her location . The travelodge ( who manage the the apartments ) have been trying to help . But they said i have to chase the third party for the refund . I got no proper authority number and they suddenly cant find my booking . But still have the 1272.48 . So i have now got my bank to investigate this scam. NEVER USE A THIRD PARTY . DEAL STRAIGHT WITH THE HOTEL . THIS LOT IN PHUKET JUST STEAL YOUR MONEY AND DONT PAY UP

candyf4
2/8/16

Other websites are no competition! This website has the lowest rate out there! Their customer service is excellent. They get exactly what I need when I make changes. Their changes reflect immediately and they are fast in their service. I can't say enough about this website! I tell every one of my friends and family about this site.

karenh123
1/24/16

I booked a hotel in Phoenix, AZ through HotelTravel and then called the hotel a few hours later to verify my stay. They had no knowledge or confirmation whatsoever of my booking. The HotelTravel website said that my room was confirmed. With whom was it confirmed may I ask? The hotel had no knowledge of it, so I cancelled and booked with a reputable company. I have read other reviews on this site that had the same or similar problem. I had no idea that HotelTravel is based in Asia until after the fact. I am usually a smart consumer and take time to research companies that I do business with. This was my fault for booking a room in a hurry.

rexh34
1/21/16

The worst booking experience I ever had. First time and last time booking through them. Had booked on many booking engines before and never had much issue with amendments, changes and even cancellation of bookings. This is based on reading and ensure that I read the booking terms and condition correctly each time.

"FREE CANCELLATION (100% refund) if you cancel or amend this booking before 23:59 15th Jan. 2016 (destination time). Cancellations or amendments made after 23:59 15th Jan. 2016 (destination time) will be subject to a hotel fee equal to the booking amount for one night."

I initially booked and paid in advance for 3 nights. The above to me is pretty clear that if I change from a 3 nights stay to a 2 nights stay after 15th of Jan, I will still be able to get one night refunded to me as I still need to pay at least one night due to the amendment. Due to some unforeseen reason I needed to cancel the 3rd night stay, HotelTravel.com didn't want to refund me. I'd even called and spoken to the hotel directly today on this matter. The hotel staff pretty much thinks that HotelTravel simply just don't want to refund the money. As the money is paid directly to HotelTravel, the hotel itself can't do much. Never ever going to book anything through this unreasonable travel website again. Should have read the reviews before my booking.
__________________________
Just got a reply from HotelTravel and stating I cancelled the entire booking?! What a joke?! I amended it to two nights stay instead of three nights! NOT cancelling the entire stay! I also spoke to the hotel this arvo... they mentioned something about if I booked directly with the hotel there would be no problem with the refund. oh well all about customer experience isn't it?! Well once and that's enough....

tot45
1/10/16

I just need help and I can't get a single person on the phone or online. I have never dealt with such terrible service and never want to deal with you people again!!

The only good reviews are from people who didn't need customer service help. I need help making a simple change and their many numbers will only ring and ring. No one answers. No one is available for their online chat. No one gets back to your emails. I tried to cancel and just re-book with a different site, but they told me I would still be charged the full price of booking. Per the cancellation policy that was mailed to me, I still have 3 weeks left in the 100% return cancellation window! This is fraud. Never book with this site!

caitlynn1
12/23/15

I found a cheap price for a hotel that i wanted in wailea hi, which was so exciting. Went through and booked the hotel only to find out that even though they put a charge on hold on my credit card for the reservation yet the room that I reserved is sold out! Called them and they said they have another room available but it cost another $500 more. Ended up cancelling the reservation and now waiting to see if they will reverse the charges. Never again will i go through them.

andrewg71
12/20/15

We booked 2 rooms in Sanur Bali through hoteltravel and did not have one problem received comformation of booking straight away had to change detailes on booking so contacted them and it was done without any problem thank you for a great service

mt67
12/16/15

they double booked us at the hotel but we were able to cancel one of the reservations. the hotel charged us less than 200.00 for our stay but hoteltravel.com pocketed an additional 164.00 they refused to give back. They were extremely argumentative and rude. Will never ever use a third party reservation ever again. Thieves.

natashad10
12/11/15

due to storm desmond our flights got cancelled at the gate. hoteltravel.com said the hotel would refund us. but its up to hoteltravel.com
they refuse to refund us. we have rebooked with ryanair who refunded us. so now we just want to change the dates. on live chat a member of customer service said this can be done free off charge i screenshot the chat for prove but they still wont do it without a cancellation fee.

jorgev17
12/8/15

I booked a stay in a hotel in the US and got charged by my credit card company with a Foreign Transaction Fee. I didn't realize that hoteltravel.com was a foreign company based out of Thailand, so the creditcard transaction is foreign for US creditcards.
Other than that, the website does not provide a lot of details about the hotel rate you're getting. For example, it did not specify if the room will be non-smoking or smoking. The customer service representative told me I had to call the hotel to make arrangements for non-smoking room directly with them.
Best,
JV

marikad
12/3/15

I booked 3 rooms with hoteltravel.com on Dec.2/2015 with an unbelievably low price compared to other websites. I was really hesitant at first because of all the bad reviews that I've read but I decided to go ahead and book anyway because I did see that in most reviews, a representative from hoteltravel would often respond, which to me, is a good thing because it means that a real person is addressing all these bad issues.

So anyway, I booked the rooms and on their website FAQs, it says "If you would like to contact the hotel to arrange transfers, etc., please inform us via email and we will request our business partner to forward your booking details to the hotel immediately. Once we receive a reply that this has been completed, we will advise you via email." I did exactly that and emailed the customer service support because I needed to add some requests to my rooms. I received a reply in a couple hours, with hotel confirmation numbers for all 3 of my rooms :) I called the hotel to verify that the reservations were actually there and true enough, they were. I am really satisfied with how fast their response was and with how cheap the prices are. Will definitely book through hoteltravel.com again!

benk45
12/1/15

Booked a hotel in Shanghai for this Friday. When i called hotel - there was no evidence of booking or of payment

My booking reference number is below.

# [3243324] Green Court Serviced Apartment at People Square Shanghai, Shanghai, 4th December 2015

Please refund my money now and cancel the booking. I will not be doing business with your company again

Ben

np32
10/14/15

Booked a room through HotelTravel.com, payment withdrawn from my bank account next day. Called Hotel to check reservation status, was told no reservation on file and no vacancy for my reserved date. Called HotelTravel.com, which by the way is in Thailand and they do not have a 1-800 or stateside number, and was told reservation should show after 24 hours of booking on their site. Continued to call Hotel for 5 days in a row only to have same response. Finally canceled my reservation on the HotelTravel.com site...only to read the fine print and find out it would take 3 weeks to be reimbursed!!! I will never use them again!

leec47
10/4/15

I made a booking this afternoon for a Sydney hotel at the rate offered on the website. Submitted my credit card details and agreed to the amount of $275.32.

Received an email saying my credit card couldn't be processed so I immediately went back on to change the credit card to get the booking at the same price. I submitted the exact same credit card details for the exact same amount of $275.32, received a new booking confirmation number.

Two hours later I receive an email saying the room is confirmed and the price is $324.78 NOT $275.32 that I had submitted a booking for.

Total fraud in my eyes as you simply can't increase the price without advice to the customer. Also interesting that I submitted the exact same credit card details and it worked....at a higher amount!!!!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! Tried to call and sort out, however mo supervisor, tech support or complaints area to speak with to resolve the fraud committed on their behalf!!!

Will never book through again and agree that Hotels Combined needs to be aware of this activity

lucyaj
9/24/15

So far it is good site for me..My husband and I usually book here and almost a year now. :)

teresah25
9/11/15

So in other words they took out the money for the reservation even though there were no rooms available at the hotel. Then I'm scrambling to figure out how to get my money back. No answer at the 24 hr service desk and no one available for the live chat. Good grief! Finally got through to someone who told me they were emailing me other choices, which of course were higher price options I'd already rejected. I said thanks, but no. They get one star for saying they would release my money. Here's hoping they do.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

20 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the HotelTravel.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question