Review of HotelTravel.com

Tel: +66 76 282 808
social@hoteltravel.com

kathrynh38
4/16/17

I paid about $400AUD for two nights accomodation at a hotel in hawaii and then I was hit for a $200AUD mandatory cleaning fee at check in. This fee was in no way disclosed at time of the booking process. When I called them to discuss on their "emergency" number, I was given an automated response to email which took days for them to reply, that's a terrible response to an emergency!!

They strung me on for weeks with their emails on a wild goose chase with nonsensical and unhelpful responses. AVOID this third party booking site - they are deceitful and atrocious!!!

jakej30
12/27/16

THEY STOLE $400 FROM MY ACCOUNT AND EVEN ASKED FOR MY ID & SSC IN A PICTURE THIS IS THE WORST SITE ON THE INTERNET DO NOT EVER EVER USE HOTELTRAVEL.COM OR YOULL BE ROBBED !!!!

carmenm41
12/22/16

Should you cancel a reservation made at Hoteltravel.com or hotelbeds.com be absolutely sure to get a cancellation number and email confirmation.

arnea7
11/14/16

Booked a room for 2 adults and 1 child on their site only to discover that they booked a room for 2 adults only one week before our trip to barbados.... Ended up having to cancel and rearrange the whole trip last moment and spend way more money... All they did was make their booking process issues mine. No customer care at all....NEVER AGAIN WILL I BOOK WITH THEM!

maryh250
9/27/16

You guys had me scared to death that I'd lost $900 on a hotel reservation in Reykjavik, Iceland. I booked in March 2016 for travel in September, 2016 through the Trivago.com website. About 3 weeks prior to departure, I came upon these horrible reviews & freaked out that I'd been scammed. But the hotel confirmed my reservation, knew my name & had my money. Absolutely NO PROBLEMS using HotelTravel.com.

noeliab
9/21/16

We had an awful experience with Hotel.Travel. We booked and paid 60 USD for 1 night at the Capital Airport Hotel in Beijing. When we arrived to the hotel they searched for the reservation and confirmed us that they didn´t receive any booking for us from Hotel.Travel. We tried to call Hotel.Travel several times with no success. Since it was already 1am we didn´t have a choice but to pay again for the night (it cost us 20 USD more than the original booking). We contacted Hotel.Travel and the answer we received surprised us: they claimed that we didn´t show that day at the hotel. Finally, and after resending them the duplicated paid we had to make for 80 USD, they offered us to cancel the original reservation without any fee. We are still trying to get them to refund us not the 60USD for the booking but the higher amount we paid at the Beijing hotel. We wouldnt have spent that amount if it wasn´t for Hotel.Travel; too expensive for only 10 hours at a room.
I´m definitely not going to make any reservation with Hotel.Travel anymore; it was my first and last time. I highly recommend you to do the same.

evans223
9/18/16

How can a website not have a 1-800 phone number ???? When I purchase a trip they charged my card not once but twice its been nothing but bull$#*! every since I purchase this trip they don't send the hotel any info that u be staying there !! Scammmmmm
They customers service is a joke they tell me they can't see they charged me over 1,200 for 3 days when the total was $600 for 3 notes really eat a $#*!
I had my bank manger call them they said they did not double charge but they did been 3 days and nothing been done to solve this problem
I use booking dot.com with no problems or bull$#*!
They won't charge u till u stay and they send your info over to the hotel right away and have a phone number u can call unlike hotel travel .com that u need international calling

alvinl14
9/4/16

I booked a room in Penang Malaysia. At first it sent us the confirmation email saying the booking was successful. However, a person suddenly called saying that our transaction is needed to be verified by sending email of our personal details including the scaning copies of id and credit card to them. That is ridiculous! Hello?! How am I going to know this is a defraud or what? We called our issuing bank and the bank told us thst the transaction was already successful. There is no need to do anything to verify it especially by send our personal details which is dangerous.
Then the person from hoteltravel.com called again and talked in a very bad manner saying that if we didn't do as he said he will cancel our booking. Does hoteltravel.com just make a threat by calling? I was very disappointed with hotel travel.com.
I will never ever use the website! Never!
My advice to hoteltravel.com , please take note this issue seriously or else you will keep on losing your customers!

susanu8
8/31/16

After booking my reservation online yesterday, through Hotel Travel, I read some bad reviews, which obviously concerned me very much!! I'd like to say that I received my confirmation AND even spoke to the hotel directly. My reservation is confirmed without issues. I'll update my review with a 5 star once I actually go on my trip, and thinking positive that it all goes well, without any problems! FYI the price for the room is awesome!!!

waynes63
7/21/16

We booked through Hoteltravel.com last October for a 3 night stay in Amsterdam
I received 2 docs from them last year for our arrival this year June 15th/15.
One doc said "
COMPETE"
Thanks for using our service.
Below is your current booking - June 15th - June 18th.
We arrived at the hotel on June 15th and were told HotelTravel had cancelled our reservation!
The hotel phoned and was told they cancelled our reservation because "it was an international credit card!??
The agency said they sent us an email saying they were cancelling our reservation.
I informed them when we got home that we never received said email and had our company IT guy look and there was no email in inbox deleted or trash
Many emails back and forth with H.T. changing their story in every email
At one point they said the booking was good until after check in.
I replied if that was the case there would have been no problem
More back and forth and lots of dishonesty.
I said in 1 email if we received said email why would we fly to Amsterdam and go to the hotel knowing the reservation was cancelled?!
We had the 3 nights booked for $982.00 Canadian.
It ended up costing us $1980.00 Canadian!!
Our travel agent phoned them and said their explanation made no sense.
He and his coworkers will not recommend this booking agency again.

Hotel Travel after reading this review declined to help me get my money back and persisted in saying they sent an email I never received.
As well they have never said why they cancelled my credit card
I used the same credit card at the hotel on arrival after finding that HotelTravel had cancelled our reservations and they had no problems with the card.
We paid an extra $1000 because of their cancellation.I am still requesting reimbursement.

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Wayne,

Greetings from HotelTravel.com and thank you for your review.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We would like to look into your booking for you, thus could you please kindly advise your 7 digit HotelTravel.com booking ID?

kenh66
7/11/16

If I could give a zero star, I would. First off, they don't answer their phones, tried 3 times and go through menu, then there is nothing. Dead line!
I made a mistake when I arrived one day later to my hotel in Alberta, CAN and the folks there had a room, but I had to pay for it. They said, "Good Luck" with getting a refund or any such thing from this company. I tried calling, but cannot get through. I know it was my mistake, (early dementia), but to have no communication with them is very poor. Non existent customer service.
Do not use this company! I should have read these reviews first before booking with them. Never again!

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Ken,

We apologize for the issues you faced when contacting our Customer Service department. We would like to look into your booking. To assist us with your issue, please kindly advise your 7 digit HotelTravel.com booking ID. Thank you and we look forward to your reply.

keileyp
6/11/16

I booked a hotel with them which they confirmed. They then sent an email advising they were unable to fulfill the booking. I therefore booked with another booking agent. When checking my travel itinerary I thought I would double check all details. On checking their site it stated the booking was confirmed and non-refundable. I telephoned and emailed them and they stated I had made two bookings. This was not the case. I am still in the process of trying to make sure the money is not taken from my account. Use this company at your own peril.

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Keiley,

We are sorry to hear of your frustration using our services.

wyes
6/7/16

I had trepidations about having booked the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai once I read all the negative reviews. I wrote the hotel to make sure I had a booking, and I did. Hoteltravel was cheaper than any other site and did the booking immediately. There were no hidden fees, to the best of my knowledge. My experience was entirely positive.

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Wye,

Thanks for the feedback and positive review.

We're always interested to get specific feedback from our customer and their user experience, if you have example or suggestions, please send through to en@hoteltravel.com or connect with us on facebook - facebook.com/HotelTravel or on twitter @HotelTravel.

Thanks,

cathyd26
5/18/16

UPDATED REVIEW...6/6/2016

Since my first review of Hotel Travel, I have to say that they responded immediately and as of today, they refunded my entire payment. I appreciate their effort by standing by their product. Obviously, their customer service is excellent after my review.

I would stay clear of either of these organizations. I booked a room at the Madrid Hilton through them on April 2nd...the charge went through immediately. On May 15, 2016, over a month later, I went to the Hilton to give my voucher and the Hilton informed me that Jac Travel/Hoteltravel had called them that morning and the Hilton had already sold out! Fortunately, I spoke Spanish and fortunately I was a Hilton member. They arranged another hotel close by and although it appeared nice enough, NOT THE HILTON AND I got bed bug bites all over. DON'T USE THIS WEBSITE!

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Cathy,

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment while using our services.

In order for us to look into this matter for you and advise further, please email us at en@hoteltravel.com and provide us with your 7-digit Booking ID.

Many thanks & we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
tiad4
4/4/16

Please don't be fooled by the HotelTravel.com response to my review dated 4/4/2016. The HotelTravel.com response to my review does not address the issue I stated. Based on my review, the hidden/undisclosed fee was from HotelTravel.com and not the hotel. I was charged the additional undisclosed fee when I booked the hotel on the HotelTravel.com website - one week before I went to the hotel. I've attempted to resolve the issue with the company and they refused to provide a refund for the foreign transaction fee, so at this point I just want other customers to beware of this undisclosed fee.

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Tia,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Please let us answer this way, whatever notes like “payable on arrival” or “payable on spot” or “payable at the hotel” etc. should be compulsory charges which the clients will need to pay to the hotel directly. If it’s optional, the note should be something like it will be charged at time of service.

For more information about City Tax and any information, please contact our customer service by phone and Live Chat, you are also able to email us with any requests to en@hoteltravel.com

marios43
3/21/16

They don't refund your money 5 days prior to your arrival time. If anything happens and you try to change or cancel your booking they charge you for one night.

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Mario S,

Greetings from HotelTravel.com and thank you for your review.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. We would like to look into the issue for you. To assist us, could you please advise the 7 digit HotelTravel.com Booking ID for your booking?

brendag51
3/10/16

This motel was perfect, we have nothing but positive things to say about the motel, the room, the staff, the views, the wine and appetizers on Saturday night. The price was very good when you compare it to other hotels/motels in the area. Your on the beach and close to all the other beaches and only 10 minutes from Clearwater beach. We would definetly stay here again

barbp9
2/24/16

I had a last minute meeting in Washington and searched the web for a decent hotel price. After two days of looking I was ready to settle for a $250 room when I found a HT offer on Tripadvisor for $100 at the Comfort Inn downtown. I couldn't believe it so I booked online and called the hotel the following day to confirm. It was true and the stay was perfect, it even included breakfast. I will definitely try them again. Very happy.

michaels392
2/15/16

I booked medina apartments in sydney 29.30 31 dec . But had to cancel due to trip timing changes. I actually went to travelodge maquarie park to cancel well before time. But ever since i have been chasing the hotel and hotel.travel.com to find out " why i still have not been refunded my 1272. 48. The aust contact is rude and hung up when i asked her location . The travelodge ( who manage the the apartments ) have been trying to help . But they said i have to chase the third party for the refund . I got no proper authority number and they suddenly cant find my booking . But still have the 1272.48 . So i have now got my bank to investigate this scam. NEVER USE A THIRD PARTY . DEAL STRAIGHT WITH THE HOTEL . THIS LOT IN PHUKET JUST STEAL YOUR MONEY AND DONT PAY UP

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Michael S.,

Greetings from HotelTravel.com.

candyf4
2/8/16

Other websites are no competition! This website has the lowest rate out there! Their customer service is excellent. They get exactly what I need when I make changes. Their changes reflect immediately and they are fast in their service. I can't say enough about this website! I tell every one of my friends and family about this site.

karenh123
1/24/16

I booked a hotel in Phoenix, AZ through HotelTravel and then called the hotel a few hours later to verify my stay. They had no knowledge or confirmation whatsoever of my booking. The HotelTravel website said that my room was confirmed. With whom was it confirmed may I ask? The hotel had no knowledge of it, so I cancelled and booked with a reputable company. I have read other reviews on this site that had the same or similar problem. I had no idea that HotelTravel is based in Asia until after the fact. I am usually a smart consumer and take time to research companies that I do business with. This was my fault for booking a room in a hurry.

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear karen h.,

Greetings from HotelTravel.com and thank you for your post.

Please kindly note HotelTravel.com secures rates via local business partners which secure room allotments in bulk. When a booking is confirmed via HotelTravel.com, one room out of that allotment is blocked off for you, and will be reserved for your arrival. However, to avoid confusion with ongoing booking changes, hotels normally request our business partners to forward the guest name details approximately 1 week prior to arrival. However, as noted in our FAQ section (link below), if you wish to have your booking details forwarded sooner we are able to request this and we will then reply with the hotel's internal confirmation number.

HotelTravel.com is part of the MakeMyTrip group which is listed on the NASDAQ under the symbol MMYT. We do note in our Contact Us and About Us pages that we are located in Phuket, Thailand and we have been helping customers with their hotel booking needs from Phuket for over 13 years.

We hope we have been able to clarify why your booking was not at the hotel when you called to check, and how our booking process works.

rexh34
1/21/16

The worst booking experience I ever had. First time and last time booking through them. Had booked on many booking engines before and never had much issue with amendments, changes and even cancellation of bookings. This is based on reading and ensure that I read the booking terms and condition correctly each time.

"FREE CANCELLATION (100% refund) if you cancel or amend this booking before 23:59 15th Jan. 2016 (destination time). Cancellations or amendments made after 23:59 15th Jan. 2016 (destination time) will be subject to a hotel fee equal to the booking amount for one night."

I initially booked and paid in advance for 3 nights. The above to me is pretty clear that if I change from a 3 nights stay to a 2 nights stay after 15th of Jan, I will still be able to get one night refunded to me as I still need to pay at least one night due to the amendment. Due to some unforeseen reason I needed to cancel the 3rd night stay, HotelTravel.com didn't want to refund me. I'd even called and spoken to the hotel directly today on this matter. The hotel staff pretty much thinks that HotelTravel simply just don't want to refund the money. As the money is paid directly to HotelTravel, the hotel itself can't do much. Never ever going to book anything through this unreasonable travel website again. Should have read the reviews before my booking.
__________________________
Just got a reply from HotelTravel and stating I cancelled the entire booking?! What a joke?! I amended it to two nights stay instead of three nights! NOT cancelling the entire stay! I also spoke to the hotel this arvo... they mentioned something about if I booked directly with the hotel there would be no problem with the refund. oh well all about customer experience isn't it?! Well once and that's enough....

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Rex H,

We would like to thank you for submitting the review regarding your experience with us again.

When reviewing your policy, it clearly states that "You will receive a refund if you cancel or amend this booking before 23:59 15th Jan. 2016 (destination time)". Please note, you cancelled on 16 January 2016 (destination time). Thus, as per the policy, you are charged the fee equal to the full booking amount. This is because you cancelled your booking after 23:59 15th Jan 2016.

The policy does not state, "if you cancel or amend your booking after 15th Jan 2016 23:59 (destination time) you will receive a full refund". It states if you cancel before the 15th Jan 2016 23:59 (destination time) you will receive a refund. As you cancelled after that date, the hotel has charged a cancellation penalty for your booking.

We apologize we weren't able to secure a more positive result for you on this occasion.

tot45
1/10/16

I just need help and I can't get a single person on the phone or online. I have never dealt with such terrible service and never want to deal with you people again!!

The only good reviews are from people who didn't need customer service help. I need help making a simple change and their many numbers will only ring and ring. No one answers. No one is available for their online chat. No one gets back to your emails. I tried to cancel and just re-book with a different site, but they told me I would still be charged the full price of booking. Per the cancellation policy that was mailed to me, I still have 3 weeks left in the 100% return cancellation window! This is fraud. Never book with this site!

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear To T.,

Greetings from HotelTravel.com and thank you for your post.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you faced when trying to contact our customer service team.

Please note, in addition to phone and Live Chat, you are also able to email us with any requests to en@hoteltravel.com, or you may access our Member's Area/Manage Booking section via the link of https://www.hoteltravel.com/member/login.aspx?lng=en , as indicated on the confirmation email you received, to make any required changes to your booking.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience you had when contacting our call center, and thank you once again for your post.

caitlynn1
12/23/15

I found a cheap price for a hotel that i wanted in wailea hi, which was so exciting. Went through and booked the hotel only to find out that even though they put a charge on hold on my credit card for the reservation yet the room that I reserved is sold out! Called them and they said they have another room available but it cost another $500 more. Ended up cancelling the reservation and now waiting to see if they will reverse the charges. Never again will i go through them.

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Caitlyn N,

andrewg71
12/20/15

We booked 2 rooms in Sanur Bali through hoteltravel and did not have one problem received comformation of booking straight away had to change detailes on booking so contacted them and it was done without any problem thank you for a great service

Response from HotelTravelcom T., HotelTravel.com Representative
Dear Andrew G.,

Greetings from HotelTravel.com!

We are happy to hear you had a good booking experience with us, and our agents were able to assist you with your booking changes.

We look forward to assisting you with any future travel plans you may have.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Normally standard room would have a double and single. But best check with hotel direct . Never again will i use a third party

By michael s.

A: Dear Roger, Once your refund has been processed it can take up to three weeks for your bank to credit your account. This amount of time depends on your card-issuing bank who you should contact directly for further information. If you have not received your refund after three weeks, please contact our Credit Department by email: credit@hoteltravel.com. Best regards, The HotelTravel.com Team

By HotelTravelcom T. [HotelTravel.com Rep]

Dear Shane P., Thank you for your message. We are pleased to advise your booking is 100% confirmed and paid for. Our customer service team will shortly be sending you the hotel's internal confirmation number, which you can use to cross check your booking directly with the hotel. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team (http://www.hoteltravel.com/network/contactus.asp) and provide your 7-digit Booking ID. Many Thanks & kind regards, The HotelTravel.com Team

By HotelTravelcom T. [HotelTravel.com Rep]

Dear Maureen H, Please be advised that you will need to contact the hotel directly to arrange transfer from the airport. If you require the contact details for the hotel, please get in touch with our Customer Service Team (http://www.hoteltravel.com/network/contactus.asp) and provide your 7-digit Booking ID. Many thanks & kind regards, The HotelTravel.com Team

By HotelTravelcom T. [HotelTravel.com Rep]

Dear Jeimy I, Thank you for your question. With regard to your enquiry, please note that a portion of our rooms are purchased from wholesale agents who have contracted hotel rooms in bulk from hotels around the world. Once a booking is confirmed with us it is already 100% secure under our wholesaler's allotment. Approximately 2-3 days before a guest’s arrival date the name list will be sent to the hotel. This is done to avoid any confusion when checking in as the wholesale agent receives ongoing name changes to their allotments. We trust that you shall find this explains the booking process. Should you require further confirmation, please provide your 7-digit Booking Number to our Customer Service Department via email (en@hoteltravel.com) and they will supply you with additional information. Many thanks & kind regards, The HotelTravel.com Team

By HotelTravelcom T. [HotelTravel.com Rep]

Dear Ruth, We apologize for inconvenience caused As our IT department is at the moment doing some upgrading to our site and the work might be some error! Please kindly share your 7 digit HotelTravel.com booking ID. Thank you and we look forward to your reply. Best regards, The HotelTravel.com Team

By HotelTravelcom T. [HotelTravel.com Rep]

Dear Murat, The refund was processed on HotelTravel.coms end on 21 June. The remaining time it takes for the refund to be processed is dependent on the card issuing bank and its internal refund procedures. The booking has been reconfirmed by Gizem AYDEMİR from the hotel, and the booking will show in the hotels system. Best regards

By HotelTravelcom T. [HotelTravel.com Rep]

Dear KR. We apologize for delay in replying. Please kindly advise your 7 digit HotelTravel.com booking ID. Thank you and we look forward to your reply. Best regards, The HotelTravel.com Team

By HotelTravelcom T. [HotelTravel.com Rep]

Dear Judy M., Greetings from HotelTravel.com! We will send a request to the hotel to ensure you are able to keep the same room over both bookings, and the hotel will do its best to ensure this. Please be sure to provide the hotel the confirmation from HotelTravel.com and Air Miles at the time of check in, to ensure they have both confirmations when providing the room at check in. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us via reply email to the confirmation email we have sent you. Best regards, The HotelTravel.com Team

By HotelTravelcom T. [HotelTravel.com Rep]

Dear Agne L., Greetings from HotelTravel.com. In order to provide such low rates, HotelTravel.com secures our rates via various local business partners which pre-purchase rooms from hotels in bulk. As such, your room is confirmed under this allotment. However to avoid confusion with ongoing booking changes, guest name details are not normally forwarded to the hotel until closer to the check in date. From reviewing your booking, we can see you have emailed us about the issue and our Customer Service team is currently having your details forwarded to the hotel right away. Once we have received word this is complete, we will update you via email with the hotels internal confirmation number which you can then use to cross check your booking directly with the hotel. We hope we have been able to give some clarity to the situation, and thank you for your patience while we work to secure the hotels internal confirmation number for you. Best regards, The HotelTravel.com Team

By HotelTravelcom T. [HotelTravel.com Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the HotelTravel.com staff and other customers.

HotelTravel.com?