Review of Viagogo.com

San Francisco, CA 94111-5540, GB
press@viagogo.com

susanw509
3/15/19

This company charged me $348.00 for unrestricted views and I received $25.00 tickets for standing room. What a scam ! Plus they make you believe the concert is going to sell out immediately and it never does. More sadly if you try to dispute the charge with your bank or credit card company you will lose. The vendor talks a slick game and unfortunately it is the consumer who loses. Shame !

lensv2
3/15/19

Worst experiance ever prior during and after the event making me miss the event and lost money because of terrible communication from their part. Will never buy tickets from there ever again!

turdig
3/12/19

I tried to list two world cup tickets last summer, but they never activated the listing. But, three months later, I found out they charged $40 for each listing attempt. I disputed through the credit card company, but they claim my tickets weresold on their site and I falied to deliver, which of course was a lie. My tickets never appeared on their site, because they were never activated. How could they be sold? I don't know how could they still remain in business.? Avoid at all cost. I used stubhub for both selling and buying tickets multiple times, never had problem. Viagogo is run by crooks, period.

tp124
3/12/19

Avoid at all cost. Thieves. They claim to be selling tickets but it is only a lie. No tickets ever arrive. A criminal enterprise!!

leahs111
3/10/19

Do not buy from this site. I got scammed big time. This business should be shut down.

I was charged x3 more by the company charging me in EU and not AU. No customer service at all. I hope Australia bans this website soon.

felixm61
3/10/19

I bought tickets for a concert and turned out to be a fake. I couldn't enter the event and couldn't get a refund. Don't buy here anything here!

carlylew1
3/8/19

Bought 2 tickets to see the India vs AUstralia test match for $122.93 and was made to believe they were adult tickets at $45 each. They turned out to be kids tickets being resold with a face value of $10 each sold by an unscrupulous guy named Dutta through Viagogo who are scammers ( Scalpers) with no principles interested only in their commission. I am amazed that they are able to operate in Australia in this manner without any control and protection for Consumers.

fredericv5
3/8/19

Very expensive tickets, hidden fees, no customer service.
The displayed price is never what you are going to pay. They charge you with hidden fees.

Believe me, positive reviews are fake ones.
Stay away from this guys.

simong77
3/5/19

Don't buy tickets from Viagogo. They are a scam website and they will take your money and not deliver on the tickets. Their customer service is outsourced to India and they will delay and deflect requests for a refund. Viagogo has several legal actions being taken against them. Stay away.

gcr2
3/5/19

viagogo is the official ticket seller for the Hong Kong Rugby Sevens. Trusting that the link from the official website HKRugby website would have me buy tickets at the official price, I went ahead and paid the "best price" "best deal" "Hottest Ticket" "Selling fast" crap price of HK$4114 for the three day ticket in September 2018. The same three day ticket is currently (March 2019 - one month from the event) for sale on viagogo for HK$2450! What can I say: don't ever buy anything from viagogo, even if it's your only choice, and supposedly official.

francisl50
3/2/19

I recently bought two concert tickets at $125 each, plus $40 booking fee. Nothing suspicious during the online purchase. Throughout the purchase, tbe price was shown in Singapore current. The total cost was about $290. Shortly, I received their email showing the total cost in Israeli current which amount to S$ 560! I contracted the Viagogo, their reply was this is the usual booking fee, and the different in price is because I bought it from another seller who had re-list the tickets at $500+. And I had agreed at that price. I am very sure that throughout the whole online purchase, I don't see anything about the re-listing. And the purchase was, just less than half an hour after the official sale time start! Last but no least , why would an People from Israrel bought a Chinese artist concert? Is definitely a scam.

jagdishs4
3/2/19

I bought two tickets and selected god seats and paid £277.64, which included £76.54 booking fee,handling fee and vat. The cost of the tickets were £200.00. They confirmed that the tickets will be uploaded a week before the event. However, they were uploaded on 21st February and the concert is on 3rd March.
On printing the tickets, I was shocked to see that the cost of each ticket was just £35 each. I immediately contacted their customer services and was told that this would be dealt within 24 hours. I failed to receive any call or email from them.
I then contacted the Company who they bought the tickets from and they advised me to go back to Viagogo as these were the tickets requested by them.

As Viagogo is a secondary Company, they charge you any amount. I have seats right at the back in a corner and paid for the good seats. They are saying that it confirms in their terms and conditions that the face value of the tickets could be lower then what they have charged.
I would warn people NOT TO USE THIS COMPANY AS THEY ARE SHADY, ROB PEOPLE AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRADE. EVEN MARTIN LEWIS HAS WARNED PEOPLE NOT TO USE THEM. TRADING STANDARDS HAVE WARNED THEN LAST OCTOBER. UNFORTUNATELY, I DID NOT CHECK THIS INFORMATION PRIOR TO BUYIING TGE TICKETS.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

francesh107
3/2/19

I ordered marlie tickets very expensive they confirmed ordered and didnt get my ticket download the number to call is not working every time i email them they tell me the tickets are on there way today is the event no tickets do not use this site

leonidasp1
2/28/19

The fact that they actually run a buisness makes them even worse than a pure scam because they are hiding it and hence getting away with it consistently and repeatedly.
Do not touch this website.

pepperr7
2/27/19

The original ticket price was less than 18, but you ended up charging 86,
grabbing 30% fee from the seller and another 25% fee from me (both are from the total price),
Instead of paying market value in the amount of 45, I paid double which is 400%
increase over the original price. more than 200% is charged by your fess.

This experiment was not of the market place for people like me, this was a well-oiled machine operation for tickets resellers and Viagogo to take advantage of people like me, for money greed.

yuana
2/26/19

Deceive customers by scaring you believing that there is an extreme uncertainty about the quantity of tickets and availability.

You have to finish your order in said specific time.

Prices keep increasing

Unexpected service fees that are 50% of the ticket

shp5
2/24/19

I can't believe this website can cheat people all over the world. Super expensive fee directly destroyed my expectation of the concert before I go to there... :(

shaunas25
2/24/19

If you make a mistake, too bad. Super expensive brokerage charge; you lose if you resell your tickets. Then they hold your money for payment hostage for a week or more after the event, which might be a half year away. DO NOT USE THIS BUSINESS.

lorrainem182
2/23/19

I saw 4 tickets at £52.-I know, naive. But as I pressed pay true price was revealed as over £280. I'm devsastated, I cannot afford that. But absolutley no refund, despite my payment still pending. Awful. Bank says ask for authorisation code . Viagogo says they don't do those.

terezar2
2/23/19

149 Euro bezahlt für Tickets die eigentlich im Stadion nur 60 waren. (80 euro für Gebühren !!!!)Instadt richtige Tickets nur eTickets bekommen die man umtauschen muss im stadion und ewig warten. Lügen dass Veranstaltung fast ausverkauft um Leute zu manipulieren schnell schnell zu kaufen . tatsächlich war das stadio 3/4 voll.
Reine geld macherei. Schämt euch. Nie wieder werde ich dort was bestellen.

demib10
2/21/19

Total scam!!!!
Suddenly I got a notification that my purchase was accepted while I didn't even want these tickets....
And they are waaaaay to expensive

nicolad21
2/20/19

Hello,

Avoid these scammers ViaGogo. On 14th of December, one week after the original sale dates for the UFC Fight Night in Prague (Chezch Republic) on 23rd February 2019 I was looking for the tickets. When you type on google the event name the first site to appear is viagogo mainly due to their google adwords.

While browsing their page more than 2 month before the event the scheme of the tickets and the different areas was fully blocked and only a few options were available.

I started going and browsing and as soon as I choose the seats I started typing my card detals etc. I did not click proceed but immediately took my money.

The worst thing was the hidden taxes. It did not gave you a full breakdown of how much additional taxes such as vat, customers taxes, etc would be, so I ended up paying instead of 220 Euros per ticket 330 Euros. For both tickets I was charged 660 Euros or 1350 local currency which is quite a lot. This is average salary in my country and mostly in the capital.

I have already been to 2 ufc events first in 2016 in Zagreb (Croatia) and a month later in Rotterdam (The Netherlands). In Holland I was sitting in the same area and I paid there 150 euros for the ticket. I have to say that the prices were more expensive than the UFC event in Zagreb, however the overall standard of living in Prague (Czech Republic) is lower than in the Netherldands and I ended up paying 2 times more per ticket.

I immediately wrote to the so called "customer support"and the only message I received is that I can list the tickets for sale on their website. However after new year all of a sudden more than 600 tickets were released and guess what nobody was interested in my tickets although I put a price around 65 % lower of what I have paid for.

Now the person who had to come with me will not be able to come so most likely I will end up losing like 3300 Euros.

Аnd on top the are registered in Geneva (Switzerland) where there is no applications of the European Union laws with all the options for refund within 14 days etc.

Avoid them, scammers, I hope when I go tomorrow at lest to watch the event.

staceyr75
2/19/19

Bought tix online for Steven Tyler to find out the show had been canceled a couple days before they sold them to me.
DO NOT TRUST VIAGOGO!

abbieg9
2/16/19

Total Ripoff! So, sad story... My friend and I are in our seats at the Bob Seger concert. The opening band was GREAT! Then the usher comes over to us and asks for our tickets which I purchased on line at viagogo. Well, they were fraudulent tickets I'm just sick about this and pretty damn angry!!! I tried calling viagogo but the menu selections just kept hanging up on me. Lesson learned!!! Then I called my credit card company and had to cancel my card!!! Apparently we weren't the only victims. While we were in there at least 4 other couples were the victims as well. Ugh!!!

kyliew22
2/13/19

Today I purchased 5 tickets to Elton John, they advertised the tickets to be $371 each, I was rushed through there website as I thought I was going to miss out. They have charged $520 each and I haven't received an email confirmation of the purchase. $2,600 taken from my visa. I cant get a hold of them through there website and so many people have told me now, I might get to the concert and the tickets wont be authentic,

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No I shouldn't have bought the tickets on this site! Total scam! DO NOT BUY FROM Vertigo.com

By Carol Y.

For is it was a total con. They showed prices in HK dollars and then charged in US dollars. We paid $4000 US dollars for two Madonna tickets. There's literally no phone number on their site and it's impossible to get in touch with customer service. Don't buy tickets here. You'll be sorry. They even charged us $500 for a service fee. Really insane!

By Steven F.

So frustrated surely there must be something we can do, surely this is not legal ???

By Sally C.

Hi Bryan! viagogo is a ticket marketplace that allows individuals to buy and sell tickets for live events. Once you purchase with viagogo you are covered by our guarantee:http://www.viagogo.co.uk/landingpage/1044610 Kind regards, Ana

By viagogo e., ViaGoGo.co.uk Representative

No they don't. I will never ever make any purchase frm viagogo and I will warn you not to. They deducted my money from my back without my acknowledgement in Dec and guess what, I received the same email frm them that they will be deducting the amount from my bank again due to me not able to produce the ticket. My reason is that event organiser close down my seating section. Ended up have to go thru my bank to get the money back from them. They are the worst.

By Zel L.

if in doubt, always try and pay by credit card so have a certain amount of protection/insurance. There's a lot of fraudulent ticket sales going on all over at the moment, so do your homework, read reviews and always use a secure method of payment if you decide to proceed.

By Craig L.

i had tickets for adelle last may. i was afraid too that they where fake or not reach me on time. i got them on time and we did see her. but i not know if i will do it again.

By wouda v.

I bought a ticket from viagogo this week for Metallica in birmingham. Not realising it was a resale site. It was an eticket to download and had someone elses name on so now it cannot be used so £140 wasted. Endless emails to viagogo fruitless How can we report them and try to get our money back

By Denise S.

The season-ticket card is a document that expresses a member's right to occupy the seat in the Santiago Bernabéu it corresponds to for the period, length of time and means agreed upon its issue. The season-ticket card grants the holder access to all matches, dependent on the category (traditional or Euroabono season ticket). Unlike the membership card, the season ticket is transferable, meaning the holder can allow a third party to use it or opt to loan it to the club so that another, non-season-ticket holding member has the chance to see a game. So, apparently you need to pick up the tickets by yourself. But dealing with Viagogo to get the season ticket, I am not sure, I have bought tickets for David Gilmour's concert and they don't reveal their quintessential terms and conditions on their website. The catch is, they have Viagogo Guarantee, so they can get your money promising for the tickets they might not have at all! Later they might come up with an excuse and let you struggle on yourself, with your best possible efforts to get the tickets or something equivalent to it.

By Syed A.

We bought tickets for World Baseball Classic game USA - Dominican Republic on December 28th, 2016. February 28th, 2017 they told us we can not get the tickets. The game was March 11th, 2017. The prices of the seats we originally bought went sky high. No matter what, they didn't give us the tickets. We spend a lot of money to go to Florida, USA.

By Pamela E.
Questions? Get answers from the Viagogo.com staff and other customers.

Viagogo.com?