Review of Viagogo.com

San Francisco, CA 94111-5540, GB
press@viagogo.com

kathyk252
5/22/19

Worst experience buying a ticket. After researching dozens of tickets on several sites, I had the misfortune to use Viagogo. I chose ticket based on arena map. Boy, was I screwed. Map was wrong, ticket is behind stage. Two emails later, it appears they have an automated customer service with generic responses. First, "yes, you received the ticket you ordered", then "if you're not happy with ticket, feel free to relist". NEVER do business with Viagogo, unless you can afford to waste your money.

da169
5/22/19

I can't believe this VIAGOGO can run a business like this! I paid triple the amount of the face value of the ticket and the ticket is not even under my name?!!! I ended up not taking my 13 year old for the FEAR that we won't even be allowed at the gate considering the reviews I've read here and elsewhere! I didn't want to take that chance. My 13 year old is heartbroken thankfully BTS promised to be back in the U.S. next year and definitely NOT PURCHASING TICKETS FROM VIAGOGO!! I asked for a refund but all they can say from a SCRIPT is "Sorry." like are you kidding me?!!! I lost so much $$$$ from this site. Bunch of CROOKS. I did get my tickets on Monday (concert was Saturday) but like I said when I saw how much this seller paid for it and I paid for it, I was so LIVID!

karenw533
5/22/19

PLEASE DON'T BE AS STUPID AS ME! THEY HAVE RIPPED ME OFF FOR 500 EUROS. I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT! MY 13 YEAR OLD IS HEARTBROKEN AND SO AM I FOR HER. WE PAID 218 EUROS PER TICKET AND ON RECEIPT DISCOVERED THE VALUE TO BE 47.40. CANNOT UNDERSTAND HOW THEY ARE LEGALLY ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS.

johnm2926
5/22/19

My wife bought two tickets to Elton John. Didn't realise she was dealing with Viagogo. Rang them up and they did answer their phone. Said sorry, we can not give you your money back as the 'so called seller' has been paid. What a load a $#*!. Said we could re list our tickets so someone else could get ripped off and we would get paid 8 days 'after' the concert. What a total con job. $400 down the driain!

lizj55
5/21/19

I purchased 4 tickets several months prior to the event. Only 2 were transferred to me, and despite numerous calls and emails to Viagogo customer service (with them assuring me that I would receive my tickets), I never received the remaining tickets. I was extremely stressed and distraught that everyone in my party could not go to the concert. Customer service was evasive and vague, and never came through with their promise. I am demanding a refund for the 2 tickets I never received, and although I was promised a refund, I am quite skeptical that these crooks will actually issue the refund. If that turns out to be the case, I will be reporting it as fraud to my credit card company. I will NEVER be using Viagogo again, and I suggest everyone steer clear of this abysmal company. I cannot reiterate enough: DO NOT USE VIAGOGO. EVER.

melissaf168
5/20/19

Never received tickets that I purchased in January. Viagogo didn't see that they weren't transferred either until I called the day of the game. Tried to contact the seller but no response.
I'll never order tickets from here again!

dw200
5/19/19

Purchased 4 Garth Brooks tickets at $275.00 which was emailed to me and took to concert to find out they were fake tickets. Real tickets were only $80.00. We went to 2 different lines and pretty much got the run around then sent to Customer Service to find out that we were duped. How disappointing after driving 4 hrs., reservations for a motel, etc. Along with our fake tickets I brought my printed receipt for proof and I think ? that is why they printed us real tickets and left us in, or I had an angel with me. What a rip off! Currently they are being sued. First time buying tickets on line. I will do my research next time.

kristeno14
5/16/19

I used Viagogo to buy tickets to Stray Kids (which were about 3 times as much as the original tickets not including any fees), and I never actually got the tickets. This website is a total scam. I would give zero stars if I could. We had a very long e-mail chain and phone call and they kept saying they sent the tickets, but the tickets never came, and they claimed to send e-mails that I never got. I didn't read reviews before, which was a MISTAKE, and I was only looking because the original tickets sold out too fast because, you know, it's kpop. In the end, I had to contact the credit card company and I luckily got a refund, but terrible service and very unreliable. Never use.

allisonp60
5/14/19

These people are unbelievable. If I could give ZERO stars I would. They have contradicting information on their website which is going to cost me 400 they withhold information and basically have business ethics to rival those of Al Capone. They are hustlers and need to be stopped. Band together against Viagogo.

jamieh327
5/9/19

Such a rip off. I paid for tickets that never arrived. Spoke to the same person every time I called (red flag) and was basically cheated. What a great birthday to drive a hour to only turn around at the gate! $#*!ing international shady money laundering scheme. Hope Amite & $#*!ing wife read this $#*! . Thanks guy. A+

jeanb232
5/8/19

Wanted to purchase Cleveland Orchestra tickets for my husband (early Fathers' Day present). Was sent Parachute at House of Blues instead. Spent about 4 hours on phone/emails with Indians of Viagogo, shorter time with Ticketmaster (the go-between), and Bank of America Visa. I might eventually get the $83. 65 back. Wait, just got a call from Viagogo after sending them scathing evaluations. She says she'll try to sort it out. So much time wasted and, at 71 years of age, I have not that much time left.

nicka130
5/7/19

NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM VIAGOGO UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET CHEATED OR RIPPED OFF LIKE I, AS WELL AS SO MANY OTHERS, HAVE. Viagogo once again proves how shady and sleezy they are by screwing over yet another consumer (me). I purchased tickets on 4/26/2019 from viagogo for an event on 5/8/2019 and was promised my tickets no later than 5/5/2019. I didn't receive the tickets by 5/5/2019 so I filed a dispute with my bank and purchased alternate tickets from a reputable vendor (where I received tickets immediately after purchase) and only then, when Viagogo got the dispute notice from my bank, did I receive tickets for the event at 3pm on 5/7/2019. At this point I now had duplicate tickets ($230 worth from Viagogo) and since they did not transfer them to me until last minute I was then unable to post them to any of the ticket sale sites (Viagogo themselves, ticketmaster, and stub hub) for sale as the event was "too close to guarantee the buyer would receive the tickets" that I would have obviously transferred immediately, unlike the shady people at Viagogo. Not to mention, reaching any kind of logical and helpful customer support is impossible and I was told that I would not be given a refund for the tickets, despite having a written promise from viagogo in my email of when I would receive the tickets by and did not receive them. Viagogo needs to get shut down as this is about the shadiest ticket resell service I have ever seen and the condition in which I was treated has spiraled out of control. If I could give a 0 star review I would. I can't believe that shady business like this is allowed to continue. I am not going to give up and I am going to keep fighting Viagogo and keep working with my bank to show what has happened to me and so many other people to get this resolved and get my hard earned money back. They never once responded logically to my concerns or addressed any of them directly, they lied about trying to call me to resolve the issue, and they sent me emails with fake URLs to have me "send in screenshots of the problems" that I could not access.

michaelr1177
5/6/19

I needed to cancel the ticket purchase, Viagogo would not cancel, this was a couple of hours after the purchase! Horrible customer service, horrible company. Just get your tickets somewhere else! The only reason I gave it one star is that I could not go any lower.

mr309
5/3/19

Got a good price on lawn seats. Must've been too good because they refused to fulfill them but said I could go back and purchase different ones which were twice the price. They say the tickets are guaranteed but thats not remotely true.

jc783
5/2/19

Bad platform to cheat people in buying tickets!
not responding on email and just issue the e-tickets by a stranger name!
Really sucks

jimv156
5/1/19

Huge fraud! They encourage you to resell your tickets; then they refuse to list and provide no way to contact.

maxo27
5/1/19

viagoo sucks. pretend they sell you seats and substitute for general admission!! just a bunch of crooked scalpers.

cw253
c w.
4/30/19

DONOT PURCHASE TICKETS FROM VIAGOGO!!!
This is how one of their scams work.
They will send you tickets to a show in another city that is far away. You will complain, and they will send a courier to pick up the tickets. DO NOT GIVE YOUR TICKETS TO THE COURIER. If you do give up your tickets, they will issue you and E-ticket, which they have already sold 50 times. The person that sold me tickets was operating under a stolen identity. Initiate a reverse charge from your bank and police report THEN they will refund you. AVOID VIAGOGO. CON ARTISTS. CRIMINALS

davids2212
4/29/19

They took my money and didn't deliver. Unless you count heartbreak and disappointment. To be fair not all of this is their fault. Pink had to postpone our show for over a year and the email account i used to order the tickets was taken down after i lost my job.
When i reached out to customer service two months before the show to resolve the issue I was repeatedly told that the tickets would be delivered without a problem. The closer to the rescheduled date the more nervous i became. They continued to reassure me that the problem would be resolved.
Until the day before the show when i was finally told that there was no way for them to resolve the issue and that i was out of my money and the tickets.
When I demanded a refund I was told that was not going to happen and the call was disconnected.
Please do not trust Viagogo. They are nothing but liars and thieves.

robertk677
4/29/19

While on Ticket Masters buying tickets for the Celline Dion Show on Jan 15 2020 I evidently got hacked or there was a pop up that I was NOT aware of. After entering my credit card an selecting complete purchase was I made aware that my purchase went
thru VIAGOGO.com. My purchase was for $390.00 but my cc was charged $480.00.
Only after I selected make purchase did I receive an e-mail stating that there are no
refunds. I was forced into a purchase that I had no intentions of dealing with VIAGOGO By the
way the real tickets are only $125.00 each and I was charged $480.00

Tip for consumers: Go the google and Google viagogorviews. There are over 1400 complaints.

elsam19
4/27/19

Back in 2017, my mum bought tickets for her and myself to go see Harry Styles live in Munich. When you go onto the site it tells you 'this many people are viewing this event' as well as 'this many amounts of tickets are left' to try and pressure you into buying quickly. My mum ended up buying two tickets for the sum of 200 euros (223,27 dollars) each, which is rather expensive and as a massive Harry Styles fan I found that weird for him to be charging that much knowing that One Direction concerts my friends had been to never costed that much. Nevertheless, we bought them in June of 2017 and received them in January of 2018. The concert was in March 2018 so it didn't really matter. What did matter, however, was the fact that on the tickets the price of the seat we had ordered was printed on, and instead of costing 200 euros (223.27 dollars), they ended up costing 61.15 euros (68.26 dollars). My mum basically paid 138.85 more for each ticket then meant. When we tried to contact them they just didn't respond and ended up blocking my mother from their Facebook page and so on.
DO NOT TRUST THIS WEBSITE IT IS AN ABSOLUTE SCAM!

as354
4/24/19

We are traveling to Italy and bought soccer tickets months ago for a game in Rome. The match DATE was change, not just the time on the original day, the entire date. Viagogo states they do not offer refunds unless the matches are cancelled and said I could re-sell. Well then I get a notification that I am unable to have them live on the site because Viagogo wouldn't have enough time to transfer and ELECTRONIC ticket to a new buyer.
Would NEVER use them. Buyer beware with this company.

madelinen5
4/24/19

I ordered and paid for 2 tickets to Michael Buble for July, 2019. They have not sent them to me. I have contacted them, they keep saying "We are reviewing, you will have them within 24 hours." Nothing, I am cancelling my credit card payment! DON'T EVER PURCHASE FROM THIS SCAM PLACE!!!!

paulc742
4/23/19

Beware! I bought tickets from ViaGogo. They sent me a confirming email with a link to download tickets. Unfortunately, the tickets were not tickets. They were simply screenshots of the actual tickets on the ticketholders phone. I immediately contacted ViaGogo and they insisted the tickets were legitimate. Then I contacted the venue and the venue confirmed that the "tickets" that I bought from Viagogo were fraudulent and they would not honor them. I again contacted ViaGogo and they refused to refund, and insisted that the fraudulent tickets were legitmate. They did tell me if I was turned away at the event they would refund my money.

Knowing I would be turned away and also knowing the tickets were a gift for my wife, I bought real tickets from Stub Hub. The night of the event I tried to use the ViaGogo tickets and was told that #1 they were not in an acceptable format (being a copy of an electronic ticket) and #2 the real ticket holder had already used the actual tickets.

ViaGogo has refused to refund based on the fact that the real tickets were used...

chuckb112
4/21/19

Simple, I purchased tickets for Top Ranked boxing at Madison Square Garden and they sent me a fake ticket. This is a fake company period. If you use you will lose your money. Read the other reviews. You've been warned.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No I shouldn't have bought the tickets on this site! Total scam! DO NOT BUY FROM Vertigo.com

By Carol Y.

For is it was a total con. They showed prices in HK dollars and then charged in US dollars. We paid $4000 US dollars for two Madonna tickets. There's literally no phone number on their site and it's impossible to get in touch with customer service. Don't buy tickets here. You'll be sorry. They even charged us $500 for a service fee. Really insane!

By Steven F.

So frustrated surely there must be something we can do, surely this is not legal ???

By Sally C.

Hi Bryan! viagogo is a ticket marketplace that allows individuals to buy and sell tickets for live events. Once you purchase with viagogo you are covered by our guarantee:http://www.viagogo.co.uk/landingpage/1044610 Kind regards, Ana

By viagogo e., ViaGoGo.co.uk Representative

No they don't. I will never ever make any purchase frm viagogo and I will warn you not to. They deducted my money from my back without my acknowledgement in Dec and guess what, I received the same email frm them that they will be deducting the amount from my bank again due to me not able to produce the ticket. My reason is that event organiser close down my seating section. Ended up have to go thru my bank to get the money back from them. They are the worst.

By Zel L.

if in doubt, always try and pay by credit card so have a certain amount of protection/insurance. There's a lot of fraudulent ticket sales going on all over at the moment, so do your homework, read reviews and always use a secure method of payment if you decide to proceed.

By Craig L.

i had tickets for adelle last may. i was afraid too that they where fake or not reach me on time. i got them on time and we did see her. but i not know if i will do it again.

By wouda v.

I bought a ticket from viagogo this week for Metallica in birmingham. Not realising it was a resale site. It was an eticket to download and had someone elses name on so now it cannot be used so £140 wasted. Endless emails to viagogo fruitless How can we report them and try to get our money back

By Denise S.

The season-ticket card is a document that expresses a member's right to occupy the seat in the Santiago Bernabéu it corresponds to for the period, length of time and means agreed upon its issue. The season-ticket card grants the holder access to all matches, dependent on the category (traditional or Euroabono season ticket). Unlike the membership card, the season ticket is transferable, meaning the holder can allow a third party to use it or opt to loan it to the club so that another, non-season-ticket holding member has the chance to see a game. So, apparently you need to pick up the tickets by yourself. But dealing with Viagogo to get the season ticket, I am not sure, I have bought tickets for David Gilmour's concert and they don't reveal their quintessential terms and conditions on their website. The catch is, they have Viagogo Guarantee, so they can get your money promising for the tickets they might not have at all! Later they might come up with an excuse and let you struggle on yourself, with your best possible efforts to get the tickets or something equivalent to it.

By Syed A.

We bought tickets for World Baseball Classic game USA - Dominican Republic on December 28th, 2016. February 28th, 2017 they told us we can not get the tickets. The game was March 11th, 2017. The prices of the seats we originally bought went sky high. No matter what, they didn't give us the tickets. We spend a lot of money to go to Florida, USA.

By Pamela E.
Questions? Get answers from the Viagogo.com staff and other customers.

Viagogo.com?