Review of Viagogo.com

San Francisco, CA 94111-5540, GB
press@viagogo.com

jorgeni
1/19/19

Bought tickets for a concert. Obviously high resell price, but they don't tell you about about the near 50% additional service cost they add to the purchase price. You'll know when have pressed the purchase button and when it is too late to regret. Furious!!!

davidh1385
1/19/19

They pretend that the ticket you want is almost sold out and don't say that it is being sold by a ticket tout.

danielr390
1/18/19

Bought tickets from this UK based company for a soccer game in Germany, took 15 phone calls before they even shipped the tickets.

Once tickets arrived they weren't the section I paid for and then they gave me the normal drama of those they are a third party seller..

Don't wasted your time with this company hope the die off.

frankp266
1/17/19

Do not trust Viagogo
Avoid this site at all costs they are not to be trusted. Their fees exceed the value of the tickets and they are very difficult to deal with when their misleading conduct is called out. Went on the site believing it was legitimate and was charged over $350 for ticket with face value of $140. Tickets were represented as scarce and premium but were in the extreme back row of the stadium and very available.

alexh290
1/14/19

This is such a scam it is unbelievable that the owners (Andre Agassi and Steffi Graff) are not in prison for life. They have scammed hundreds of thousands of people, by taking people's credit card or bank details and even though the people not to purchase the tickets they are looking at. viagogo takes the money and "buys it for you" anyway. It then tries to make you sell the ticket back to them (which is not actually a ticket but a print out ticket) they sell the ticket several times over then they charge you because one or more of the people could not get in with their forged tickets. Their "customer service" is a couple of henchmen, whose vocabulary consists of "Unfortunately" and "All sales are final". I wouldn't mind so much if I had bought a ticket! If they have your bank details or credit card details, cancel your accounts immediately. As this company continues to make random charges against your account. They are well know to my bank and it was they who advised me to close my account! I won't rest until they are driven out of business they have scammed 100s of thousands of people. Andre Agassi and Steff Graff shall also be hearing from us. Together we are legion.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THEM. Total scammers

dannyu3
1/10/19

I bought 2 tickets to see Queen, weeks ago, and just received this email: "We are very sorry to inform you that your seller was not able to provide your tickets as originally ordered. Therefore your transaction has been cancelled and you will be refunded the full purchase amount of $306.43.

We will refund your order back to the same payment method you originally used to purchase the tickets. Please allow for up to 10 days to receive the money back to your account."

This show is likely sold out now, and because if Vigogo, my girl and I will probably not get to see the show. If this is the Viagogo business model, they are sure to fail.

elenaa40
1/7/19

DO NOT SELL TICKETS WITH VIAGOGO. The whole thing is a scam, I received no notice or emails stating that my ticket was being sold and because I didn't confirm within 48 hours I am being charged a minimum of £20 after being given no notice. I explained and said I still have the ticket so as it hasn't been replaced I'm happy to still sell but they are rating this isn't allowed and I have to re list which will give them the opportunity all over again to scam and charge me. AVOID.

luisa227
1/6/19

Charged me $ 10.27 USD for Assistance they didn't provide, and wich they inform in advance they charged a fee for ... There was a problem with their PDF e-ticket wich I solved on my own WITH ZERO ASSISTANCE from Viagogo ... Oh, but the fee was charged nonetheless ... STAY AWAY FROM VIAGOGO !

steveg386
1/4/19

DONT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THESE COWBOYS,,,JUST BEEN CHARGED £240 FOR 2 TICKETS FOR STRICTLY COME DANCING TOUR,,THE TICKETS ARRIVED WITH A £40 PRICE TAG IN SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME !!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THESE COWBOYS

jimh465
1/3/19

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE (really they are a disservice) to paying customers. I bought two tickets to a Justin Timberlake for my wife for Christmas. Concert in Jan. in DC. Right side and in front of the stage on the first level of arena. When I got the link to download the tickets they were for a show in another city in April! I contacted customer service and they gave me a link to other tickets I could choose from. Great I thought. Well they tickets they gave me to choose from were behind the stage or on very highest level of the arena. I went to their web site and they were selling two tickets in the same section I bought mine but they would let me exchange for those tickets because they were more expensive than the two I bought in the SAME section! They said it's "policy" to replace for the same price but not the same view. They won't budge and you can't speak to a manager. This is a huge rip-off. NEVER use this service!

caroleh71
1/3/19

My friends purchased two tickets for the 02 Tempations, 4 Tops with Viagogo and were denied entry into the arena as the tickets were take and even had someone elses name on them in tiny tiny writing. She had to go to the 02 box office and spend £100 on two tickets. The CEO Eric Baker deleted my email without reading it. The Office of Fair Trading as closed down so if anyone knows where to write to complain about this i would be very grateful. VIAGOGO SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TRADE FAKE TICKETS

kimberleyb23
12/30/18

Received an envelope with order confirmation but no tickets. Wrongly assumed the order confirmation was what was needed to get into venue (had seat numbers on reference number etc) when arriving was advised that we needed physical tickets. Called viagogo straight away and sent through everything we had. They were awful said we "couldn't prove" their seller hadn't sent the tickets in the tracked envelope so lost £300 found out from venue that they are not registered as one of their sellers, the tickets we were supposed to have face value was £120 not £300 and they have this issue a lot. The man on phone was rude and said wouldn't investigate as I couldn't prove it. Perfect scam send the tracked envelope with no tickets and viagogo will back you up as you can't prove the tickets weren't there. Sent to action fraud police website and credit card company to investigate. Viagogo said as I couldn't send the empty envelope (recycled) even though I had delivery note/order confirmations sent etc wouldn't help. Not sure how me sending a picture of the empty envelope would have proven that tickets not in there. Avoid avoid avoid. Viagogo is a middle man with no sight of the tickets sent (or is this case not) via seller so open to so many scammers who will then be protected by viagogo and you can't prove that they didn't include tickets. Sure the good reviews are that there are genuine sellers but you have no contact with seller and no way of vetting them so zero chance of being able to forsee what could happen. Listen to the majority of reviews that are one star and don't risk it

danielm742
12/29/18

This is basically the worst ticketing website in the world. Everything they sell is essentially fake. Stay away!

gr70
12/21/18

I have purchased tickets at 4 times the regular price and the system urge you to buy saying there is almost no more tickets which is false. The price showed when you purchase is much lower than the price you paid. You don't see the detail of the transaction as well so you don't know which are the different charges. Then when you want to resell on their website, you can not offer the same price you have paid. They probably pocket the difference in the amount. What a fraud and how come the government allowed this company to operate in Canada!!! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM VIAGOGO!

ca137
12/20/18

My husband purchased 2 Trevor Noah tickets for Dec 21st for my Christmas present last week. A few days later it was announced that the concert was postponed.There is no contact number for Viagogo so we called Ticketmaster. We were told we have been scammed and that our tickets are fake. We were told the original name of the purchaser is A. Nesterov in Russia. Apparently these scam artists buy one real ticket from Ticketmaster and make several copies of this ticket and post online with huge admin mark up fees. I can't believe we have fallen for such a scam. I guess Viagogo's response (if they ever respond) will be that until we turn up and present our tickets at the venue they may not be fakes. However, we are not in the UAE next year so cannot even try turning up to discover if they are fake or not! As the Ticketmaster guy said "good luck trying to get your money back, it will never happen." It would be interesting to hear how many other people have bought tickets off a Mr A Nestorov!!!!

I have since found out that Viagogo are under investigation in the UK.

CMA secures court order against viagogo. Hopefully this will apply in the UAE.

Ticket resale site viagogo must overhaul the way it does business to comply with a court order, secured after CMA enforcement action.

Published 27 November 2018
From:
Competition and Markets Authority
This development results from legal proceedings launched by the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) in August over concerns that viagogo was breaking consumer protection law.

The court has agreed to make a legally binding order instructing viagogo to comply with the law by:

telling purchasers of tickets if there is a risk that they will be turned away at the door
informing customers which seat in the venue they will get
providing information about who is selling the ticket, so people can benefit from enhanced legal rights when buying from a business
not giving misleading information about the availability and popularity of tickets - which had the potential to lead to customers being rushed into making a buying decision or making the wrong choice
making it easy for people to get their money back under viagogo's guarantee when things go wrong
preventing the sale of tickets a seller does not own and may not be able to supply
It will also ensure that viagogo does not repeat historic failures to make its customers aware of the face value of tickets on sale through its site.

Andrea Coscelli, CMA Chief Executive Officer, said:

This court order is a victory for anyone who decides to buy a ticket through viagogo. We have been clear throughout our investigation that people who use these resale websites must know key facts before parting with their hard-earned money, including what seat they will get and whether there is a risk they might not actually get into the event at all.

viagogo has agreed to a comprehensive overhaul of its site to ensure it respects the law, just like the other resale sites who have already signed commitments to improve the information they offer and give people a fair deal.

Today's court order, which is a significant outcome for consumers, must be complied with by mid-January the same deadline set for other resale sites that have already agreed to change their practices. It has been secured after viagogo agreed to address all of the CMA's concerns, without the need for a trial. The order is legally binding and enforceable by the court.

The order the court has agreed to make today will now ensure consumers' rights are protected quickly, without the need for further legal action.

The CMA continues to work closely with partner agencies and enforcers to drive up standards in the sector.

jamesb1382
12/18/18

Just stumbled across this and I am suprised about the reviews.

I wanted tickets for a sold out event and found Viagogo, they host a platform to allow people to resell their tickets for more or less than the face value.

I paid a little more than face value and also the fees which where clear when checking out, and received them in plenty of time and really enjoy the event, with great seats as well.

No problems here, and can only recommend.

dp137
12/18/18

This is a disgraceful company, just a bunch of liars, cheats & common thieves. You'd just as well buy tickets from a back alley tout.
Avoid like the plague!!

danielm738
12/14/18

I've just been subject to the horrible sham that is viagogo

Upon rushing to get presale tickets to an artist I was desperate to see, I didn't realise I didn't realise the 1st result that came up on google search was an ad for a reseller website not a legitimate ticket sales site like Ticketmaster. I clicked through and missed the small text up top saying the were a ticket marketplace (which doesn't exactly explain their inherent difference to something like tickmaster at all) and all the large pop up banners saying "only 2% of tickets remain" and "your tickets will be sold in 10 minutes to another buyer" and "80 people buying these tickets now etc." (also great timing I had almost run out of dat and had been waiting to see this artist back in nz for 8 years) I rushed through the buying process scarred I would miss out.

After being sold the tickets for apparently $319 an extra $160 was added in book fees to my order on the last page... Having gotten so far with only minutes to go before my tickets were supposedly forfeit (and thinking these were the legitimate prices) I reluctantly accepted and paid
Via credit card.

I received a email confirmation but no row or seat number, which raised my suspicion. Having called my partner excited with news of our tickets she informed me the website was a
Scalper scam website. After doing some research I saw the same tickets would have cost approximately $220-280 on ticket master including booking fees, versus the $480 I was just rushed into spending, and I was left with a bitter taste in my mouth for paying for basically 4 tickets and receiving 2.

But it got worse,

Able to accept my foolishness this once and accepting my lesson-learnt; never to use anything but ticket master, I'm now looking further into at the abhorrent track record of viagogo in its reviews on trust pilot (1 Star from 25 thousand reviews).
It seems there are countless cases of people getting far worse seats than they paid for or worse completely denied entry at all.

I could accept my mistake in buying overpriced tickets, but now it seems entirely likely I'm to either be put in the worst seat in the house, having paid double what those around me had, or flat out denied entry to a show I'd been waiting 8 years for.

This concerned me greatly, so I found with much difficulty the contact details of viagogo to pursue a refund, though their faq assured it was impossible. I received again and again copy and paste generic responses assuring refund was impossible, and it was unlikely I would not receive the tickets or I could try sell them myself, losing $160 in booking fees, with a chance they wouldn't sell at all.

I also contacted my bank only 20 minutes after the purchase once I realised my mistake and they said there was nothing they could do.

I've never felt so conned and mistreated with an online dealing and that this company is still afloat baffles me entirely. It's perfectly apparent their website is designed to mislead customers into thinking they are buying legitimate tickets and rushes them through the process. The exorbitant $80 booking and processing fees are clearly a part of this scheme, designed to make easy money when people realise their mistake and try to resell the tickets (an option and link they provide all too easily) and then again make the booking fees off of the next unfortunate soul to stumble into their hell-spawned website. For the record, these "booking fees" were nowhere to be found on the invoice emailed to me, showing only $319 for the tickets, with $480 gone from my account.

This company mistreats it's customers at every turn and it's infuriating it's survived at all. I wouldnt have believed a company could get away with so much bull$#*! for so long although it looks like the law is not far from cracking down on them. Back to the shadows whence you came viagogo.

In short, tickets at twice the normal price with a high chance of getting worse tickets than paid for or flat out no entry all, and I've read even then a refund is difficult.

What a joke, never again, everyone please boycott this mess. If only the billionaire behind it had to give it all back ... hope he likes his island and jet haha.

Sent from my iPhone

hazimj
12/13/18

I purchased 2 Gold tickets for Trevor Noah Show at Abu Dhabi Du Arena Show on the 21 of December
They did deliver the Tickets but the show had been postponed
All other websites like Ticket Master have given the option to refund the money
But the Scam Vigigo does not provide a the money back and does not even have a telephone to contact
Stay away from them, don't lose your money

annied50
12/12/18

I ordered 4 tickets for a Tim Minchin concert. I was shown a shopping cart that said they would cost £198 (far too much - but I was in a mad hurry and they kept flashing up pop ups about how many people were booking and how few minutes I had left!)......when the order confirmation came through it came to over £700 - with a load of extortionate booking and delivery charges added. This cannot be legal. My visa credit provider initial response is that there is nothing they can do. I will not be letting it rest there.

jg299
12/12/18

This company is a sham. Do NOT purchase tickets from them!!!!! Clearly, there are enough bad reviews here that I have no one to blame but myself for my purchase. They should be shut down by the venues they sell for and by ASCAP. I will be reporting them to all the appropriate associations for their unprofessionalism and misleading sales.

anar140
12/10/18

So we tested this site out with potential tickets for Shambala Festival last week. (At time of writing the festival still had lots of tickets and further ticket tiers to go so no shortage of tickets at this point directly). So whatever amount of tickets we put in to viagogo that we needed, it said that's the last ticket(s) left. So eg: Need x3? Hurry, last 3 remaining!' Need x2? Hurry last 2 remaining!' ...etc. Price was also ridiculously higher at £417!
Please don't support these scammers....

ivorl2
12/9/18

UNABLE TO EMAIL VIAGOGO WITH THIS EMAIL AS THEIR ADDRESS IS INCORRECT

I have just realised you have charged me £472 for two tickets to see Andre Rieu that have a face value of £198.

I am quite sure you will no doubt try and justify this mark up and probably won't even answer this email.

Unless I receive a refund of this disgraceful mark up I will review your company accordingly on all available sites and give full details to local/national press.

Look forward to your reply

constanceg23
12/9/18

Viagogo is fraudulent. I purchased approximately $300 in tickets for a concert that was downloaded to Flashseats. A few days before the event the tickets disappeared from the app. I contacted Viagogo and Flashseats. Viagogo gave me the same response over and over ...sorry, no refund. Flashseats didn't respond at all. I lost out on the event and any refund. This is bad business. I'll never use either again.

enidm5
12/8/18

Deliver tickets to wrong address, which they wrongfully gave to Aramex. Now the tickets got lost in the post. I did not request a refund- they did it themselves. They guarantee tickets but do not deliver. It is their fault or the fault of their 'world class's courier service(their words) and now it is my problem. 'We will refund you '- it is their solution. I want my tickets. They do not even deserve the 1 star.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No I shouldn't have bought the tickets on this site! Total scam! DO NOT BUY FROM Vertigo.com

By Carol Y.

For is it was a total con. They showed prices in HK dollars and then charged in US dollars. We paid $4000 US dollars for two Madonna tickets. There's literally no phone number on their site and it's impossible to get in touch with customer service. Don't buy tickets here. You'll be sorry. They even charged us $500 for a service fee. Really insane!

By Steven F.

So frustrated surely there must be something we can do, surely this is not legal ???

By Sally C.

Hi Bryan! viagogo is a ticket marketplace that allows individuals to buy and sell tickets for live events. Once you purchase with viagogo you are covered by our guarantee:http://www.viagogo.co.uk/landingpage/1044610 Kind regards, Ana

By viagogo e., ViaGoGo.co.uk Representative

No they don't. I will never ever make any purchase frm viagogo and I will warn you not to. They deducted my money from my back without my acknowledgement in Dec and guess what, I received the same email frm them that they will be deducting the amount from my bank again due to me not able to produce the ticket. My reason is that event organiser close down my seating section. Ended up have to go thru my bank to get the money back from them. They are the worst.

By Zel L.

if in doubt, always try and pay by credit card so have a certain amount of protection/insurance. There's a lot of fraudulent ticket sales going on all over at the moment, so do your homework, read reviews and always use a secure method of payment if you decide to proceed.

By Craig L.

i had tickets for adelle last may. i was afraid too that they where fake or not reach me on time. i got them on time and we did see her. but i not know if i will do it again.

By wouda v.

I bought a ticket from viagogo this week for Metallica in birmingham. Not realising it was a resale site. It was an eticket to download and had someone elses name on so now it cannot be used so £140 wasted. Endless emails to viagogo fruitless How can we report them and try to get our money back

By Denise S.

The season-ticket card is a document that expresses a member's right to occupy the seat in the Santiago Bernabéu it corresponds to for the period, length of time and means agreed upon its issue. The season-ticket card grants the holder access to all matches, dependent on the category (traditional or Euroabono season ticket). Unlike the membership card, the season ticket is transferable, meaning the holder can allow a third party to use it or opt to loan it to the club so that another, non-season-ticket holding member has the chance to see a game. So, apparently you need to pick up the tickets by yourself. But dealing with Viagogo to get the season ticket, I am not sure, I have bought tickets for David Gilmour's concert and they don't reveal their quintessential terms and conditions on their website. The catch is, they have Viagogo Guarantee, so they can get your money promising for the tickets they might not have at all! Later they might come up with an excuse and let you struggle on yourself, with your best possible efforts to get the tickets or something equivalent to it.

By Syed A.

We bought tickets for World Baseball Classic game USA - Dominican Republic on December 28th, 2016. February 28th, 2017 they told us we can not get the tickets. The game was March 11th, 2017. The prices of the seats we originally bought went sky high. No matter what, they didn't give us the tickets. We spend a lot of money to go to Florida, USA.

By Pamela E.
Questions? Get answers from the Viagogo.com staff and other customers.

Viagogo.com?