Review of TomTop

Tel: +86-18098956722
wholesale@tomtop.com

aydhans
4/17/19
• Updated review

I tired this website Tomtop, my experience has been so crazy, it is hard to believe. Right after my order I tried to call customer service, but you cant talk to them. Then I was messaging. I asked them to change the address on my order, they assured me it was changed. But, 4-5 weeks latter the order gets delivered to the wrong address. I wrote them for a re-shipment or the item, or refund. They refuse to do so, they I wrote the negative review. Another 2-3 weeks ago, I see the people from the wrong address 1,000 miles away have returned the product to the sender. The tracking indicated that it was returned, I e-mailed tomtop they issies a refund, then they asked me to delete the review. I did not, then 2-3 months latter they started to harass me to return the refund, they keep e-mailing me all the time, this is because I did not delete the review. It is like this website is ran by bunch of crooks, lying the return was not received, and want the refund to be refunded back to them. Lol

This is a 1 item, they spend 10 months e-making me about, and still harnessing me.

Do not shot there!

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Aydhan S.,

I'm sorry to bring you a bad customer experience. Thanks for your order and we are sorry to hear that you still have not received the refund.
Tomtop.com
“They will hot help you if you need costumer service!”
7/17/18
• Previous review

I used to shop through www.gearbest.com but I decided to try this website. DO NOT USE IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE YOUR MONEY! They take your money and do not ship items!!! The experience I have is extremely terrible. Minutes after I click the purchase button I contact customer service with the request to cancel my order, or I told him to change the delivery address they did not want to cancel the order and they assured me that the delivery address has been changed several days later I found out that delivery address has not been changed and my order has been sent across the country. They did not care about it did not offer a refund or resending my package customer care stop responding to me they ignored me in my money is gone I cannot do anything about it. I strongly recommend you shop with other websites not this one.

bobm475
4/7/19

I have one complaint with TomTop, return shipping. I purchased a Drone from them in October or 2018. On the first flight the GPS signal would go from 13 satellites to 0' and the drone would drift away. We had many email exchanges in an attempt to fix the problem including sending a video of the problem. The final blow was when they said they would send a replacement GPS module so I could replace the board. My reply was I did pay full price for a product that I would have to disassemble and replace parts. I finally requested a refund in February of 2019. First they requested I ship it back to China for $62. When I refused they agreed for me to ship it to California but I had to pay for shipping, $13.40, with an understanding it would be refunded once they had the drone back. When they received the drone back in California I received an email refusing to pay shipping. Bottom line, a product that did not function from day one, I had to pay to ship it back. PS. Their representative in California was helpful and tried to make things right, but China refused so I'm out 13.40.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Bob M,

Thanks for your order and we are sorry for all the inconvenienced.

First of all, I am sorry for any quality problems with your product, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service.
Due to that we can not know well the details of your order. Please is there any possible to update me your order number or email address ? So that i can check the details and supply you a solution as soon as i can .

We will work on answering your questions as soon as possible and be ready to help you at any time.

karlb45
4/5/19

This website is scummy, like many others... they offer their users some credits for good reviews. If you see 5 stars reviews here it's because the person got paid.

Gearbest also did it in the past but I would actually rate Gearbest at 4-5 stars, unlike this garbage website.

Tomtop deserve 0 STAR.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Karl B,

eduardom71
4/3/19

Basically took them 8 months to admit that the carrier lost my package and they are not doing anything about it. Terrible customer service, avoid at all costs!

EDIT: After posting many reviews in different websites the issue got sorted straight away (why couldn't this be done in the first place??) So my recommendation is if you a have a problem with them, publish everywhere!

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Eduardo,

I'm sorry to bring you a bad customer experience. Thanks for your order and we are sorry to hear that you still have not received the order yet.
We can deeply understand how frustrated that you have not received your parcel yet. And please kindly note that in some rare cases, the delivery might be slightly delayed due to processing times in postal or Customs office or the bad weather. And the tracking information of this order will be updated at important logistics stations or once it arrives in your country.
I have verified your order information and sent our solution to your email. Please be sure to promptly confirm the reply to us, we must try our best to solve your problems to your satisfaction.

ugieb
4/1/19

I wanted to share my experience to save you from this very dishonest people so you can save your money and time. Believe me you don't want to involve with this seller.

I bought an underwater case for my iPhone on Jan 8, $36.01 on eBay their account name is monboly on eBay at the moment. He send me a bad quality faulty case then I send him pictures of the item that doesn't close all the way so water will leak in it. He promised to send me a good replacement case on feb 2 then he send me a tracking number on Feb28 ( after 4 weeks) which is fake that was belong to someone else and delivered some other city on Mar 7. When I asked him about the issue he said that he will check with post office he kept me wait till March 24 then send me an other tracking number. I asked him for copy of the shipping receipt as a prove to be sure if he ship the item to me but of course he didn't provide it to me this time too just because that was an other fake tracking number that also delivered some other city.
I called post office they said those pakages didn't ship to me. They just played the game with me till the time is over to give them bad review on eBay also just because he kept me busy two months with his little games eBay money back warranty is over also But I will make sure everyone learns about what kind of business they are doing.

Do not waste your time and your money with this people!!! It was ridiculous

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Ugie,

michaelm2158
3/27/19

I purchased a floor cleaning robot from this company. Even after multiple email exchanges with customer service, Tomtop.com has done nothing to make this right. They even refused to post my Tomtop.com review of this product.

Below was the email that I sent along with a picture of the damaged box and a video of the device malfunctioning.

Email Title: Numerous Issues with Tom Tom Order AA18I04Q5926-E0Q6K9 20180904

Hello, I wanted to report three issues with this order:

1) Please see attached. The box was packaged in a paper envelope without an exterior shipping box. The product's box was greatly damaged in shipping and handling as pictures.

2) The product is not as described. No charging cable came with or can be used with this device, as pictured. This model does not have a plug-in socked and three AA batteries are required.

3) Upon first use, the product went almost around my kitchen wood floor around my island. 3/4 the way around it stopped moving and just vibrated in one place.

Please assist?

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Michael McSurley,

antoniom150
3/14/19
• Updated review

In recent months, with my insistent complaints, I have received countless of polite messages that only pretend to solve the problem. After more than six months, they promised to return the money, but it's just one more of the lies.

“TOMTOP is a scam”
2/17/19
• Previous review

I made a purchase in September 2018, at TOMTOP. The product was never delivered to me. The consumer service responded with a lot of courtesy, but they continue to research what happened, without actually bothering to solve the problem. Avoid the website, it's a scam.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Antonio M,

rodm75
3/11/19
• Updated review

After I gave up on Tomtop, they continued to contact me and offered to have my drone repaired locally and compensate me. However, I found a solution to my problem. I just had to use a smaller SD card. (16 GB) Now all appears to work as it should. Kutos to Tomtop for staying in touch to resolve the issue. Hudsan should have talked about the size of SD card to use in their manual. Not Tomtop's fault. Thank you Tomtop for staying in touch and doing what you could to resolve my issue. I would have give you a five star if you offered a prepaid shipping label to return the drone for repair or replace.

“Sham Warranty”
2/18/19
• Previous review

In response to my first review Tomtop inferred they are cooperating. Well, they sort of are, I guess. They did send me an address to return the drone, finally after about 5 or 6 emails and a week of waiting. First I'd like to say that the product I think is a good product. I did a lot of research before buying the drone. I just failed to research the vendor .(Tomtop) Now I did read their warranty and it sounded pretty good. Where my frustration comes in, listen up Tomtop, I purchased the drone from a Virginia warehouse, but Tomtop wants me to send it back to Hong Kong on my dime. This is just not cost affective and very time consuming thereby making the warranty a sham. If I had purchased from a reputable vendor, like Amazon, etc., I would have the issue resolved within a few days. To Tomtop: I feel you should make it clear in your warranty explanation that the customer will have to pay for shipping to China, not to where the product was shipped from.Tomtop could have a good gig if they made it easier to return faulty products on thier dime.

ma160
2/25/19

Tomtop is a great company to work with. They have awesome prices and ship most items within a reasonable timeframe. There customer service is great, sometimes they can give more details on an item than what is in the ad. I'm sure I'll continue buying from them well into the future!

huguesc
2/24/19

Good product, low prices and fast delivery.
This is my third order and everything is once again perfect.
Very good merchant that I highly recommend

hajimee
2/24/19

After inquiring about the delivery status of the product, it solved immediately.
Tomtop is awesome.
From Japan.

audricd
2/21/19

Livraison tardive d'un smartphone,aucune réponses à mes mails au départ je commençais à regretter mon achat surtout que j'avais demandé une livraison sous 5-7 jours puis au final j'ai reçu mon produit au bout de 3 semaines.

piotrp15
2/21/19
• Updated review

I bought T1 Smart Sports Bracelet. I am very pleased with the purchase. Good quality and good price. Fast shipping and what's important free shipping. I recommend shopping in this store without reservations.

Tip for consumers: Collect points for purchases that lower the price. Search for a promotion.

“A good place to shop online”
9/23/18
• Previous review

I like it very much. It is very clear both the clocks and the screen. Made of very good materials and perfectly finished. I think it's one of the best hybrid watches. I am happy with the purchase in this store.

Tip for consumers: I'm also happy with customer service in this store.

matthewm420
2/20/19

8 months later and this order has still not arrived....

Order number No.AN18F21H3631-JNK5PJ
Total Amount USD 239.77
Order Date 2018-06-21 08:36:31
Shipping address
Shipping method Priority Shipping

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear matthew M,

roberts1680
2/18/19

I have been a long standing customer of TomTop, and they continue to offer excellent products at a great price. I am always excited to get their emails to see what great deal I can buy next. I recommend them very highly indeed! Excellent site and excellent value for money!

tihomirj
2/14/19

Very good price. Shipment arrived in good conditions after 1 weeks!
A good store where it's nice to shop. Various assortment of goods. Often come across the right products for coupon sale. The ability to use coupons with points.

grahamh53
2/13/19

Order number AN19B03T3520-21SWW2

My drone battery was sent after 9 days and it was faulty / defective / dead. As requested, I sent a detailed description and a video to the company. Kelly, in the warehouse customer service said I must pay the return shipping cost (25) or they would offer me 4 for me to get it repaired. This was then increased to 7 and the to 50% which is 20.12.

After 3 days of arguments, several e-mails, and only after I posted negative reviews and threatened a Paypal claim, the company agreed to a full refund, but would not reinstate the points I used to part pay for the order, so I did not get the "full refund" promised. .

If you want to risk a purchase from this despicable company, then you should use Paypal, which gives protection. If you encounter a problem, then contact Tomtop customer service. If they mess you around, then post negative reviews everywhere and threaten to file a Paypal dispute. This will get their attention. If you do not get satisfaction, register the problem with Paypal, who will review the case and has the power to refund you. If you register the problem with Paypal, DO NOT CLOSE the file unless the case is resolved to your satisfaction, as once closed, the file cannot be reopened.

I have had other successful purchases from Tomtop, but when things go wrong, their back up service is terrible. They will try everything to avoid responsibility and will try to intimidate. Stand your ground and you will eventually get what you are entitled to.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Homan Graham,

scottl300
2/10/19

If I could give then zero stars I would
If I could give then zero stars I would bought a guitar, came with warped neck, total junk, bought a LED light, worked for 2 months and stopped working. This stuff is all Chinese reject stuff, they offered $3.00 refund what a joke! Wont send a return tag or pay for shipping back you are stuck with their garbage

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Scott L,

thaliap4
2/9/19

I ordered my product on 4 Sept 2018. To date nothing has been received. When tracking the order it states "shipped". No body has been able to assist in tracking this order. I would appreciate assistance and hopefully a refund.
Order number: BA18I04O0953-ZV2V2J
Parcel number: 80789427
Order date: 2018-09-04

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Thalia P,

Thanks for your order and we are sorry for all the inconvenienced. I'm sorry to bring you a bad customer experience .

nadims1
2/7/19

I made an order on this website 3 months ago and didn't recieve anything. They keep aksing me to wait until the Local post office sends it, that it's a holiday and I have to wait more, but already waited for christmas, new year, chinese spring holiday and still nothing.
I checked in post office and I found out there is no package at all with my name. It's a freud.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Nadim S,

peterw281
2/4/19

I wish to start a world wide Boycott of Tomtop that may send a very serious message to all the other companies in that part of the world. That honest people are fed up with being scammed and lied too. Just because you are based in an Asian country does not make you invisible to the world. This is now a life project to ruin dishonesty. And make the dishonest people like TomTop feel what its like to lose. Please if you can copy and paste this text into whatever forum or social media you belong too. Lets deal the thieves a blow.
UPDATE 18-02-2019 still not received,...Trying to pay others for positive review. Still avoiding a refund......They need to be shut down.

Tip for consumers: Don't unless you have a long life ahead of you and can wait...............likely for a refund because to date I am one of many, many, many who have never received the item purchased Or are battling for a refund. Thieves and liars.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Peter W,

toniv15
1/31/19

We bought to them an rc car (Original Wltoys 12428). The day we received the car we went out to try it and it didn´t work. I sent a mail telling them: "when you put it at full speed it stops and the lights begin to flash. To be able to use it you have to switch it off and on again. Nevertheless, it is a waste of time as the car stops again in a minute."
They answer me back me telling me to send them proof so I sent them some videos. They told me to wait 72 hours so I did it.
After waiting and no telling me anything I contacted them again and his answer was: "I have received the message from our technician staff and they said, Please confirm whether the battery interface is loose or not, resulting in poor contact. Please measure the battery voltage. See how many volts are filled. Will it be the same after filling? Hope you can understand"
My immediate answer was: "Hi again, As I already told you I own other rc cars with compatible batteries and the battery you sent me works with my eagle 3 rc car and the eagle 3 compatible battery has the same problem (stops running and light flashes) in your car, so the problem is not the battery (voltage or any other). With respect to the battery interface I do not detect any looseness resulting in poor contact so I do not think it is the problem either (I send them a picture)."
From this point a sent them two more mails with pictures of battery interace, my other batteries and my other cars to make them realize I was not lying but they didn´t answer. I also warned them that if they didn´t answer I would open a dispute in paypal but they didn´t answer. Finally after beginning the process they sent me a mail telling me if a partial refund of 5 euros would be aceptable. I didn't answer because to pay 59.7 (64.7 - 5 euros proposal) for a broken car sent from Europe it's a bad joke. They had the guts to tell me to take the car to a local shop to be fixed with the 5 euros!!!
So if I were you I would never buy a thing in this shop

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Toni V,

johnn486
1/24/19

I wish I could give negative stars!
TOMTOP is such a scam! They will take your payment, send you the item, then when the item breaks due to a failure from being a cheap piece of trash, they will say "the order was cancelled". Then you will have to write 20 emails back and forth with them telling you that they never received your payment, although they sent you the item?!? Wtf?! I sent them pictures of my credit card statement proving they accepted my payment. I sent them Pictor the item that had a failure. They deny everything!

You might as well light your money in fire! They do not care about their customers and when your item has a failure within a few months of you having it, they will not take care of you! They will give you the run around and then say there is nothing they can do.

TOMTOP IS A FRAUD!! If you like throwing your money away, buy from these morons!

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear John N,

timp241
1/23/19

Take your money, never get a product that works. One word... SCAM!!!!!!

PERIOD

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Tim P,

mariah291
1/23/19

Very bad the customer secive
unnecessary video request 3-4x for the same error
if the order does not arrive, they dont help and time-wasting

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear maria h.,

Tomtop.com

Do not do business with Tom top. Stole $350 FROM ME!! Failed to fulfill order and string you along with lies and fake shipping labels.

By Drew D.

They have emailed Me back several times. Every time it was an excuse on why they can't give MW my refund

By Amanda M.

Simple answer is NO they will not refund your purchase. Doesn't matter what the reason is. Best bet is to go through your Credit Card if you can - I'm assuming you haven't purchased item yet. My story a while back is ...I made a $5 purchase for a tackle box from TOMTOP through eBay. TOMTOP seems like they have several accounts under eBay. I have made a total of two purchases under their different accounts. Both items were for a tackle box. The first purchase was never received and waited 2 or 3 months (I can’t recall) for it to arrive as they described in the listing. TOMTOP’s customer service is excellent when they are selling or in the process of selling you an item. The problem starts when you have to make a claim or return an item. Well they kindly assured me to wait all the way until eBay’s money back guarantee was gone (I think this is within 30 days). I could’ve gone through my credit card for refund but since this was only $5 it was not worth it. Writing the bad review here was fulfilling to me. The second time I bought the tackle box from TOMTOP through eBay arrived quickly this time. The only difference was that they were under different Ebay account holders. I would have liked to leave them bad feedback but didn’t since I did receive the tackle box. Now why did I purchase from them the second time? It was because I didn’t expect to receive it and wanted to go through eBay for the money back and leave the bad feedback……………. Moral of story….. Don’t purchase from TOMTOP unless you can eat the loss.

By Hakim N.

Dear customer,don't worry about that.We will do our best to make you satisfied.Our service will help you.

By shamy z., TomTop Representative

Smart buyers who don't know about TomTop will read the 1-star reviews. It is no accident TomTop has so many: these are real customers with problem experiences. TomTop, like most Chinese sellers, pay customers to post good reviews of their products and many have employees who post positive reviews as well. If you buy from TomTop, chances are very good you will be writing another one of those 1-star reviews three or four months from now.

By Art L.

Smart buyers who don't know about TomTop will read the 1-star reviess. Shipping from TomTop is rather quick -- in my case it was only 8 days. What takes so much time is getting your defective product replaced or getting your money back -- in my case it was over 13 weeks. Good Luck.

By Art L.
Helpful answer -1

Dear customer, I am sorry to hear that, could you please take videos and pictures, then send them to support@tomtop.com. Relevant service will help you.

By shamy z., TomTop Representative

Please, please, please start the complaints procedure now. Do not wait any longer, they lie and you will lose your money. They buy time and make phoney excuses. Read the good reviews of Tomtop again - you will spot similarities in the poor gramma and spelling - THEY ARE FAKE and planted reviews by Tomtop to offset the genuine complaints. DO NOT USE TOMTOP. I hope this helps you to be one of the lucky ones.

By Jenson B.
Helpful answer -1

Dear customer, I am so sorry for that, we are trying to do and service better. We are glad to hear your suggestions and questions.

By shamy z., TomTop Representative

I ordered the same thing but on 11/24... nothing!

By Yvette T.
Questions? Get answers from the TomTop staff and other customers.

TomTop?
Consumer Alert

Sitejabber has been notified that this business has offered discounts, coupons or other incentives in exchange for reviews about this business. We wanted you to know because offering incentives has been shown to skew the overall ratings of a business. This behavior contravenes our guidelines as it might have a misleading impact on the rating and consumers.