Review of TomTop

Tel: +86-18098956722
wholesale@tomtop.com

matthewm420
2/20/19

8 months later and this order has still not arrived....

Order number No.AN18F21H3631-JNK5PJ
Total Amount USD 239.77
Order Date 2018-06-21 08:36:31
Shipping address
Shipping method Priority Shipping

rodm75
2/18/19
• Updated review

In response to my first review Tomtop inferred they are cooperating. Well, they sort of are, I guess. They did send me an address to return the drone, finally after about 5 or 6 emails and a week of waiting. First I'd like to say that the product I think is a good product. I did a lot of research before buying the drone. I just failed to research the vendor .(Tomtop) Now I did read their warranty and it sounded pretty good. Where my frustration comes in, listen up Tomtop, I purchased the drone from a Virginia warehouse, but Tomtop wants me to send it back to Hong Kong on my dime. This is just not cost affective and very time consuming thereby making the warranty a sham. If I had purchased from a reputable vendor, like Amazon, etc., I would have the issue resolved within a few days. To Tomtop: I feel you should make it clear in your warranty explanation that the customer will have to pay for shipping to China, not to where the product was shipped from.Tomtop could have a good gig if they made it easier to return faulty products on thier dime.

“Defective Product”
2/14/19
• Previous review

I ordered a drone from Tomtop and received it in about 9 days. The controller was defective as it would not take photos or videos. After numerous emails and over a week I have no solution and no direction from Tomtop. Their last email to me was that I would have to pay shipping for a return and that it would be expensive. I have no instructions on where to send it or how I would receive my refund or exchange. Getting information from customer service is like pulling teeth. This cured me from doing any more business with this company.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Rod Marlin,

Thanks for your order and we are sorry for all the inconvenienced.

First of all, I am sorry for any quality problems with your product, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service.
We sent the return address to your mailbox a few days ago. You can always reply to us as soon as possible after checking your mailbox. So that i can check the details and supply you a solution as soon as i can .

We will work on answering your questions as soon as possible and be ready to help you at any time.

roberts1680
2/18/19

I have been a long standing customer of TomTop, and they continue to offer excellent products at a great price. I am always excited to get their emails to see what great deal I can buy next. I recommend them very highly indeed! Excellent site and excellent value for money!

antoniom150
2/17/19

I made a purchase in September 2018, at TOMTOP. The product was never delivered to me. The consumer service responded with a lot of courtesy, but they continue to research what happened, without actually bothering to solve the problem. Avoid the website, it's a scam.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Antonio M,

I'm sorry to bring you a bad customer experience. Thanks for your order and we are sorry to hear that you still have not received the order yet.
We can deeply understand how frustrated that you have not received your parcel yet. And please kindly note that in some rare cases, the delivery might be slightly delayed due to processing times in postal or Customs office or the bad weather. And the tracking information of this order will be updated at important logistics stations or once it arrives in your country.

tihomirj
2/14/19

Very good price. Shipment arrived in good conditions after 1 weeks!
A good store where it's nice to shop. Various assortment of goods. Often come across the right products for coupon sale. The ability to use coupons with points.

grahamh53
2/13/19

I have had mixed experiences with Tomtop. They totally screwed up my first order by sending the wrong item and demanded that I pay for the return of the item before they would either replace or refund me. I paid by Paypal and lodged a "dispute" and Tomtop refused to refund me or replace until I deleted the dispute, which tells Paypal that the matter is resolved. Completely illegal.

I then ordered a few small items which I was very happy with.

Now, I ordered a drone battery and it was 9 days before they even shipped it.

When things go well, they are a great company, but when things go wrong, they are terrible and customer service is a joke.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Homan Graham,

scottl300
2/10/19

If I could give then zero stars I would
If I could give then zero stars I would bought a guitar, came with warped neck, total junk, bought a LED light, worked for 2 months and stopped working. This stuff is all Chinese reject stuff, they offered $3.00 refund what a joke! Wont send a return tag or pay for shipping back you are stuck with their garbage

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Scott L,

Thanks for your order and we are sorry for all the inconvenienced.

Due to that we can not know well the details of your order. Please is there any possible to update me your order number or email address ? So that i can check the details and supply you a solution as soon as i can .

thaliap4
2/9/19

I ordered my product on 4 Sept 2018. To date nothing has been received. When tracking the order it states "shipped". No body has been able to assist in tracking this order. I would appreciate assistance and hopefully a refund.
Order number: BA18I04O0953-ZV2V2J
Parcel number: 80789427
Order date: 2018-09-04

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Thalia P,

Thanks for your order and we are sorry for all the inconvenienced. I'm sorry to bring you a bad customer experience .
I have verified your order information and sent our solution to your email. Please be sure to promptly confirm the reply to us, we must try our best to solve your problems to your satisfaction.

nadims1
2/7/19

I made an order on this website 3 months ago and didn't recieve anything. They keep aksing me to wait until the Local post office sends it, that it's a holiday and I have to wait more, but already waited for christmas, new year, chinese spring holiday and still nothing.
I checked in post office and I found out there is no package at all with my name. It's a freud.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Nadim S,

peterw281
2/4/19

I wish to start a world wide Boycott of Tomtop that may send a very serious message to all the other companies in that part of the world. That honest people are fed up with being scammed and lied too. Just because you are based in an Asian country does not make you invisible to the world. This is now a life project to ruin dishonesty. And make the dishonest people like TomTop feel what its like to lose. Please if you can copy and paste this text into whatever forum or social media you belong too. Lets deal the thieves a blow.
UPDATE 18-02-2019 still not received,...Trying to pay others for positive review. Still avoiding a refund......They need to be shut down.

Tip for consumers: Don't unless you have a long life ahead of you and can wait...............likely for a refund because to date I am one of many, many, many who have never received the item purchased Or are battling for a refund. Thieves and liars.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Peter W,

toniv15
1/31/19

We bought to them an rc car (Original Wltoys 12428). The day we received the car we went out to try it and it didn´t work. I sent a mail telling them: "when you put it at full speed it stops and the lights begin to flash. To be able to use it you have to switch it off and on again. Nevertheless, it is a waste of time as the car stops again in a minute."
They answer me back me telling me to send them proof so I sent them some videos. They told me to wait 72 hours so I did it.
After waiting and no telling me anything I contacted them again and his answer was: "I have received the message from our technician staff and they said, Please confirm whether the battery interface is loose or not, resulting in poor contact. Please measure the battery voltage. See how many volts are filled. Will it be the same after filling? Hope you can understand"
My immediate answer was: "Hi again, As I already told you I own other rc cars with compatible batteries and the battery you sent me works with my eagle 3 rc car and the eagle 3 compatible battery has the same problem (stops running and light flashes) in your car, so the problem is not the battery (voltage or any other). With respect to the battery interface I do not detect any looseness resulting in poor contact so I do not think it is the problem either (I send them a picture)."
From this point a sent them two more mails with pictures of battery interace, my other batteries and my other cars to make them realize I was not lying but they didn´t answer. I also warned them that if they didn´t answer I would open a dispute in paypal but they didn´t answer. Finally after beginning the process they sent me a mail telling me if a partial refund of 5 euros would be aceptable. I didn't answer because to pay 59.7 (64.7 - 5 euros proposal) for a broken car sent from Europe it's a bad joke. They had the guts to tell me to take the car to a local shop to be fixed with the 5 euros!!!
So if I were you I would never buy a thing in this shop

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Toni V,

johnn486
1/24/19

I wish I could give negative stars!
TOMTOP is such a scam! They will take your payment, send you the item, then when the item breaks due to a failure from being a cheap piece of trash, they will say "the order was cancelled". Then you will have to write 20 emails back and forth with them telling you that they never received your payment, although they sent you the item?!? Wtf?! I sent them pictures of my credit card statement proving they accepted my payment. I sent them Pictor the item that had a failure. They deny everything!

You might as well light your money in fire! They do not care about their customers and when your item has a failure within a few months of you having it, they will not take care of you! They will give you the run around and then say there is nothing they can do.

TOMTOP IS A FRAUD!! If you like throwing your money away, buy from these morons!

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear John N,

timp241
1/23/19

Take your money, never get a product that works. One word... SCAM!!!!!!

PERIOD

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Tim P,

mariah291
1/23/19

Very bad the customer secive
unnecessary video request 3-4x for the same error
if the order does not arrive, they dont help and time-wasting

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear maria h.,

jeffk57
1/22/19
• Updated review

They are still emailing me, trying to get me to remove to modify my review. Too bad - this is what happens when you treat customers badly.

And now, they just keep lying and keep getting caught.

During the purchase, they lied that "they are pushing the factory to hurry on production". Total BS. Now, they are lying that the item is no longer available.

LOL - I have personally spoken with Mastech - a very large company with 30 offices worldwide. The MS6514 is NOT DISCONTINUED in any way.

Now they are also trying to BRIBE ME WITH POINTS. First 200 points, and now 300 points. Basically 100 points = $1 - but only applied up to 30% discount against a purchase.

Oh yeah AS IF I WOULD EVER GIVE YOU ANOTHER CHANCE!

LOL!

“STAY AWAY! Scam Site”
1/10/19
• Previous review

Fortunately, I used Paypal. I ordered a digital thermometer. After a week, the status was still "in processing" (should have been shipped within 72 hours).

I finally got them to respond and it was total BS - "we are urging the factory to push them out" and asked for 5 more days.

I immediately opened a ticket w/ Paypal and emailed all the Tomtop contacts for a cancellation. Their first response was "hey give us more time why don't you"? Totally unprofessional.

NEVER NEVER NEVER BUY FROM THEM!

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Jeff K,

chandanah
1/21/19

They always supply very good quality products under workable price.
Dealing with Tomtop is very easy since they always with us during matters like late shipments and so on...
I really impress and recommend for all.
Thanks,
Chandana.

enzon8
1/17/19

TomTop its very good site on this world i recommanded this website.
TomTop est un très bon site web il est sérieux et je n'ai eu aucun problème à commander sur ce site.

jaafarb
1/13/19

Best shopping website ever I've been shopping from Tom Tp since 2010 and I'm always satisfied with items and the support is just wonderful they are a really helpful and fast reply. I would really recommend the website to anyone who's looking for quality and fast shipping and great support.

erikk40
1/9/19

They sent me a broken camera and to send it back cost more then the camera. DO NOT buy anything from this company. They are crooks that rip off the elderly and have NO customer service and hide behind legal fine print!!

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Erik K,

ruslanam1
12/31/18

Responder came broken draining batteries within 4 minutes!
Bad remote and i was told by professional!
Also i was told the drone battery has only 5 minutes of flight time!
False advertisement company claims that it has at least 15 minutes!
I want a refund and i expect for you to pay for the shipping!

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Ruslana M,

anasa31
12/24/18

buying a mobile from you was the worst experience ever, the phone stopped working after a month, I returned it to you and after I didn't hear anything about it, I tried contacting support for more than 14 times, they respond for the first time and after they don't respond, and they don't give a real solution, after they send me the old tracking number used when I purchased the phone in the first time, to act just that they send the phone but it was wrong, so I think that I lost my money and the phone.

winniew13
12/21/18

Been Waiting since Mid Oct for my order. Here it's Dec and still nothing, not even a response. SCAM!

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Winnie W.,

horstb2
12/20/18

I ordered from TomTop because they claimed to send the item from a German warehouse within 2-5 days for a higher fare. Total crap. The only thing that I ever received after 8 days is a tracking number for a parcel from Poland. The only help I got after a lot of back and forth from the support center was the hint to talk to my local post office and customs. I even did. Of course for no reason, as no package was ever handed over to UPS. So in the end TomTop sold a tracking number for a non existing delivery for about 400,- Euro. Quite a price for a sticker...Please make sure not to order from this shop. It sells nothing but air.

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear horst b.,

tammyk90
12/18/18

I order a board game on November 27th with a 5-12 day shipping time. I received a tracking# and assumed everything would be fine. It is now Dec 18 and still no game. To make matters worse I have contacted China Post; the China post; not one of the many side sights that will track China Post shipments and was informed by them that this is a fake/invalid shipping #. They have never received a package with this # associated with it, which means they NEVER shipped my product. I would stay far away from this company and save yourself some hassles!

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Tammy K,

Adene
rons328
12/16/18

Total rubbish. Bought a guitar pedal from them, which arrived DOA. Approached them for replacement which they said would arrive within 18 days. 40 days later, no replacement. Emailed them. No response to emails. Submitted a paypal claim, got no response from them. 2 weeks later and still no resolution. A horrible buying experience. The annoying thing is this was all a relatively simple matter that any reasonable response from them could have solved!

Response from shamy z., TomTop Representative
Dear Ron S.,

Tomtop.com

Do not do business with Tom top. Stole $350 FROM ME!! Failed to fulfill order and string you along with lies and fake shipping labels.

By Drew D.

They have emailed Me back several times. Every time it was an excuse on why they can't give MW my refund

By Amanda M.

Simple answer is NO they will not refund your purchase. Doesn't matter what the reason is. Best bet is to go through your Credit Card if you can - I'm assuming you haven't purchased item yet. My story a while back is ...I made a $5 purchase for a tackle box from TOMTOP through eBay. TOMTOP seems like they have several accounts under eBay. I have made a total of two purchases under their different accounts. Both items were for a tackle box. The first purchase was never received and waited 2 or 3 months (I can’t recall) for it to arrive as they described in the listing. TOMTOP’s customer service is excellent when they are selling or in the process of selling you an item. The problem starts when you have to make a claim or return an item. Well they kindly assured me to wait all the way until eBay’s money back guarantee was gone (I think this is within 30 days). I could’ve gone through my credit card for refund but since this was only $5 it was not worth it. Writing the bad review here was fulfilling to me. The second time I bought the tackle box from TOMTOP through eBay arrived quickly this time. The only difference was that they were under different Ebay account holders. I would have liked to leave them bad feedback but didn’t since I did receive the tackle box. Now why did I purchase from them the second time? It was because I didn’t expect to receive it and wanted to go through eBay for the money back and leave the bad feedback……………. Moral of story….. Don’t purchase from TOMTOP unless you can eat the loss.

By Hakim N.

Dear customer,don't worry about that.We will do our best to make you satisfied.Our service will help you.

By shamy z., TomTop Representative

Smart buyers who don't know about TomTop will read the 1-star reviews. It is no accident TomTop has so many: these are real customers with problem experiences. TomTop, like most Chinese sellers, pay customers to post good reviews of their products and many have employees who post positive reviews as well. If you buy from TomTop, chances are very good you will be writing another one of those 1-star reviews three or four months from now.

By Art L.

Smart buyers who don't know about TomTop will read the 1-star reviess. Shipping from TomTop is rather quick -- in my case it was only 8 days. What takes so much time is getting your defective product replaced or getting your money back -- in my case it was over 13 weeks. Good Luck.

By Art L.
Helpful answer -1

Dear customer, I am sorry to hear that, could you please take videos and pictures, then send them to support@tomtop.com. Relevant service will help you.

By shamy z., TomTop Representative

Please, please, please start the complaints procedure now. Do not wait any longer, they lie and you will lose your money. They buy time and make phoney excuses. Read the good reviews of Tomtop again - you will spot similarities in the poor gramma and spelling - THEY ARE FAKE and planted reviews by Tomtop to offset the genuine complaints. DO NOT USE TOMTOP. I hope this helps you to be one of the lucky ones.

By Jenson B.
Helpful answer -1

Dear customer, I am so sorry for that, we are trying to do and service better. We are glad to hear your suggestions and questions.

By shamy z., TomTop Representative

I ordered the same thing but on 11/24... nothing!

By Yvette T.
Questions? Get answers from the TomTop staff and other customers.

TomTop?
Consumer Alert

Sitejabber has been notified that this business has offered discounts, coupons or other incentives in exchange for reviews about this business. We wanted you to know because offering incentives has been shown to skew the overall ratings of a business. This behavior contravenes our guidelines as it might have a misleading impact on the rating and consumers.