Review of TeenSafe

Tel: +1-800-245-8598
privacy@teensafe.com

susanr112
8/6/16

I have had problems getting manage to work for two months, they say it is my phone, my kids phone, unkown error. To find out they cannot manage latest version of iphone software! They are supposed to be technologically savvy! Wasted hours and 100's of dollars!!!

Now they cannot get it off the phone, no one knows how????

andrewc141
8/1/16

instagram monitoring does not work, supposedly instagram's fault. Now I can't upload my childs data, Apple's fault. Pretty frustrating. I was hoping this software was the answer but it looks like it may be a bad choice. I would not recommend this company

ashleys151
7/14/16

I was immediately unhappy with the service & demanded a refund due to it not working as described. They cancelled my account but have still charged me for 3 months afterwards. Horrible service.

chelsear12
6/29/16

As the kid on the other end of TeenSafe, as a parent I'm telling you to not get it. TeenSafe has completely ruined my relationship with my mom. Theres a difference from protecting your kid and completely invading their privacy. And software such as TeenSafe and others are a complete invasion of privacy. Being a teenager, there are things you just don't want your parents knowing. TeenSafe disregards that. Its common fact of life: teenagers are going to lie to you. And I'm sorry to tell you this, but as their parent, no matter what software you put on your child's phone their still going to lie to you about somethings. I do not recommend TeenSafe or any other monitoring service unless you want to destroy your relationship between you and your child. Things like TeenSafe should only be used if you have actual evidence that your child is doing something that is putting them in danger and/or something illegal. My mom put TeenSafe on my phone and I have completely lost all respect for her.

darlenes26
6/18/16

I tried this and got absolutely NO information from it at all. I called to cancel, but was charged anyway. It took me several times per week for three months to try to get a refund and they wouldn't give me one stating I did not cancel. SCAM. Spyware doesn't work and basically NO customer service. Any good review on this site has to be from them portraying a real customer.

terril27
6/8/16

Dont waste your money. It doesnt work.

angiel38
6/1/16

never could get teensafe to work correctly. it was random at best. total waste of money. finally closed the card they were charging. just don't do it!

lfg1
5/29/16

This is a service that, if used properly, can be such a useful resource for child safety. I was shocked at some of the naive mistakes my son was making online. Remember, it's not always your child but who influences them. You will have the ability to read deleted texts. While it's true, you can't always get proper contact name and every single deleted message (just the shredding of iCloud data then piecing back together) you get enough information to know what's going on.

You can't access photo or videos. If you want to access Snapshat use MSpy as a separate tool. This, for me, is the biggest downfall. The other would be missing some of the deleted messages although I understand how this happens thru iCloud.

I notice some of you are saying they aren't giving money back if cancelled or customer service is faulty. I must say, I've never had that problem. It's something to download on your desktop or laptop in my opinion. You can always send customer service an email and they respond quickly. Also during normal business goes they're always available to Chat w you right then. Try those avenues if you are having trouble.

Former teacher and mother

marinam32
5/22/16

I am a 16 yr old girl that has teen safe on my phone. It is literally the worst thing in my opinion. My dad has taken the App Store off of my iPhone because he doesn't trust me what so ever. They say they are doing this to keep me safe but honestly that's not how it feels. I feel like I can't do anything and all the restrictions are just like a challenge for me to see what loopholes I can make. If you put this on your teens phone they are probably gonna think you don't trust them

angelap45
5/9/16

I did not complete the set up, so therefore did not receive any service, never dreamed they would charge for doing nothing! That's bad enough, however you can only cancel by request. I have been trying to contact for months with no response. Now I must cancel my credit card so as to not be charged anymore. There are better apps out there. You can use iCloud alone for many of the services they offer without the poor customer service.

bethg26
4/29/16

Having control over what our kids do is part of our parenting duty. I see all sorts of horrible stories on the news and can't believe our children are being victims of cyberbullying, sexting, predators and other terrible things out there. I decided to sign up for teensafe and don't regret it for a second. It is a great tool and affordable. You cannot take for granted the safety of your children....be alert.

bernetham
3/18/16

Can one be so naive and think that our teenagers cannot get in trouble? Well think twice! My son who is 15 started talking to this girl who is in his school and they started sexting! I happened to see the texts one day he left his phone on my car when I was dropping him off for his basketball practice. My head wanted explode just thinking of the consequences this could bring and how upset that girl's parents would get. I had to sit him down and give him a TALK (if you know what I mean) and he promised this would not happen again. I decided I had to look into monitoring him to make sure this would never happen again as agreed and this is when I signed up for Teensafe. I am glad I did and keep a close eye at all times.

cybills
3/14/16

Our Society is full of people who has a different life story. Some of us may have had a very privileged life surrounded by loving parents and good friends. Others may have had troubled lives and become a burden to people who are around them. This is the case at my daughter's school where there are children of all walks of life and most of them have so much anger inside that they just treat others very disrespectful. There is some bullying going on at that school and as parents we need to make sure that our children are prepared for this and know how to handle. That is what I do with my daughter and in order to help her, I help myself by signing up for Apps like Teensafe that keep me in the loop of what is going on. It's a tool that helps us identify when our children are in trouble and know how and when to take action.

samanthar43
3/10/16

I love the fact that I can monitor my 3 teenagers and it only costs me $14.95. It is not expensive and I have the ability to check on them whenever I want. The support team helped me setup and showed me how I could monitor the 3 devices on the same account. Even though we live in a pretty decent neighborhood, I still worry for my kids and want to make sure they are ok.

rosiem12
3/9/16

AND THEY CONTINUE TO DEBIT MY ACCOUNT AFTER I CANCELLED THIS SERVICE ONE WEEK AFTER I JOINED AND I CANNOT GET THEM TO STOP DEBITING MY BANK ACCOUNT STAY AWAY FROM THIS SERVICE IT IS FRAUDULENT

tammyk24
2/22/16

I tried the app under the Free for 7 days to see if if was something I would find helpful to keep an eye on my 4 kids and their cyber communication. The trial shows two texts per conversation so I upgraded to the full account a few days after getting the app only to find that in some cases two texts was all you were going to get. The deleted texts is a joke. They make no logical sense. The full account was useless and a complete waste of money. I requested a refund because I feel they didn't provide what they advertised and all I got was a string of replies saying their contract says no refunds so too bad. They also cancelled my account and gave me instructions on what to do if I wanted to reopen it and use the rest of the month I paid for. So they cancelled the account that I paid for and made me do additional work to reactivate it but would give a refund. This app is a joke and worthless. They trick you into upgrading to "see" more but it's just as useless. Stay away, it may only be $15 but you can spend that better on a few starbucks coffees! Save your money and pass on this one.

enzoa8
2/10/16

My child downloaded the KIK app which I know is monitored by Teensafe, but I did not agree with that. I started doing some research on this app and found even more information than what I was looking for. Teensafe came out with this Apps list which we need to keep an eye on in case our children do not manage it well. I signed up for Teensafe a month ago and have a lot of expectations that this will be the tool that will help me in checking up on my kids. So far so good. I encourage all parents to read http://www.teensafe.com/blog/new-year-new-apps-block-teensafe-2016-app-blacklist/

gloriag23
2/8/16

This week I read about the tragic event about Nicole Lovell, the teenage girl who lost her life and was a victim of this cyberworld we live in. She exposed herself on different social media channels and was prey for those coldhearted individuals who have no respect for human life. I want to share with all parents this article about this horror story so you keep it in the back of your head that the only one who can protect your children is you http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/tech/What-Parents-Need-to-Know-About-New-Smartphone-Apps-295378761.html .

Teensafe came out with the 2016 App Blacklist and recommend you check it out http://www.teensafe.com/blog/new-year-new-apps-block-teensafe-2016-app-blacklist/

trisht6
2/2/16

Teen safe does not deliver what they advertise!!! With this service you cannot see deleted texts and not even most of regular texts. When I called to see if there was something I was doing wrong they were very rude and said that they don't advertise that you can see "ALL" texts. This company is very misleading!!! Do not use this service!!

briank76
1/27/16

Basically anything your kid just wants to delete you cant see. If they use any browser other than the default browser for web activity you don't see it. Google does not work with this service which is what most people search on. Again....kids can simply delete any web activity they want and it wont show up on this report. While there are technical ways around most products....getting around this product is a joke for anyone. My kid isn't even trying to get around this product and the web activity still wont come thru as he uses Google. Not worth $14.95 a month. Frankly not worth working with even if it were free.

lorir45
1/20/16

We started noticing that our daughter was starting to behave strange when she started in her new highschool. The fact that she was going into a new school, new friends, new everything was enough for us to think her behavior was a little strange. But I started worrying when her grades started to go down and this was not typical in her. I started checking on different ways to check on her phone and see if there was something going on with a boy or something else, but it was almost impossible to check her phone without her knowing. I did a little bit of research and found Teensafe and signed up. To our surprise, our daughter was being bullied by kids from school and I found chat conversations with another friend of hers from her old school saying that she felt depressed, low selfsteem, ugly and all this kind of things that you would never want to hear your kid say. We approached the situation fast, did tell her what we were doing and talked to the school. We are doing everything possible to make sure our daughter comes out of this dark situation and shines again. Using Teensafe as a tool to help me get my daughter back on track is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

pamelad29
1/11/16

Does not locate your child. Only sgows the general area like what cell tower it pinged from last. If you have more than obe child it will only show one of their locations. Not both. I only see what my son textx not what people text him or responses. Can see his apos but cant do anything with them. Many issues with this site since the upgrade. Was happier before the upgrade. Im thinking about web watcher instead because you can see more like pictures sent in text messaging and emails. This site doesnt do either. There are many ways to get around this site that you cant see anything. If its on the phone you should see it period

chantellh
1/11/16

I have been having issues with my son as he is leaving the house on school days to meet with other friends (which I am not very fond of), and not doing his homework. He used to tell me that he was home while I was working, but I did not truly believe him. I decided to sign up for Teensafe so I could keep track and know his location when I am not around. By using this system I know now where my son is at all times. At first I had to ground him for lying. I told him other people were telling me he was not home (neighbors and friends), so he would not know I was using this App. It is a tough situation to handle, but at least Teensafe is a tool that can help me keep track of his whereabouts.

elizabethv19
12/28/15

When looking back at the old days I wonder how my parents used to track me down or know what I was doing when all I used was my diary. Now that I am a parent and know that my daughter is exposed to so many things out there on the web, I really need to make sure she is hanging out with the right people and not doing crazy things. One of the features of Teensafe is allowing us to monitor some apps like KIK and Instagram which are very popular and my daughter uses. This is one of the reasons I decided to purchase the app and do not regret it for a second. I feel that I am taking a responsible and proactive attitude raising my child by making sure she is safe.

nancye20
12/18/15

I did all the steps and it never updated info...it's a scam

They have to backup to iCloud. If they aren't on wifi and plugged in at some point then it won't backup. No backup means no data. If that happens we just go to the phone and force a backup and it will get you all the latest data.

By Stephen M.

Not a hoax...just of very limited use in my opinion. If all you want to do is watch text messages than i guess it's ok....but only if the phone backs up to the cloud. Really isnt very valuable. I had it for less than a week and it was pretty pointless really.

By Brian K.

Yeah, sorry but I don't have/use Snapchat so I don't know - apparently not. Sorry again.

By DJ S.

Nothing gets installed on your phone. Therefore, there is nothing to remove. Change your Apple ID password and the passwords for your social media accounts. Unless you gave this person all of your passwords, there isn't a way for them to spy on you with Teensafe.

By Kevin P.

Yes, the carrier you use doesn't matter. Here is some more information https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/ Thanks for the inquiry.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Sorry you are having an issue, our support team can answer these questions. Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Greetings Heather. Hope this answers your questions. If not please ask here. https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Yes, we do work in Canada. This may have useful information for you https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

The tech team says this all depends on the number of text messages sent, time, period between iCloud being shut off etc. and depends on how Apple iCloud works. If said messages are saved in the backup then yes. We can't guarantee this if turned off. So it is best to leave the iCloud backup on.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Hmmm, not sure Steve. Sorry you are having an issue. Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com. Or send us your email here and can have them look up the account for you.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Questions? Get answers from the TeenSafe staff and other customers.

TeenSafe?