Review of TeenSafe

Tel: +1-800-245-8598
privacy@teensafe.com

davids2193
4/11/19

Do you have an extra 10+ hours you don't need? Still trying to install this thing and have now given up. Yes, I am trying the migrated version of kidbridge.

elizabethp268
3/4/19

Teen Safe has merged into KidBridge. Teen Safe worked pretty well when monitoring my daughter (who is now 19). When I logged in, to monitor my 15 year-old son, the first thing they did was inform him that his phone was being monitored. Very PC company that doesn't want to infringe on your children's rights. Immediately cancelled. Avoid avoid avoid.

amyq5
9/18/18

I wish I read the reviews first. This worked the first day and it will no longer show newer info. I've e-mailed and called multiple times for them to keep giving instructions that don't work. Now they are saying it's a problem with the 2 factor authentication on the iPhones that they are working on. Apparently they've been "working" on it for a LONG time according to reviews. Looking for something new. This app sucks. Going to request a refund.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Amy,
Sorry your experience wasn’t successful. We continue to work on solving the issues affecting our service. What we do is very difficult and most other monitoring apps face similar challenges. Please let us know if you’ve had any issues with your refund. Email Ruth.Doering@TeenSafe.com
jadez1
7/20/18

My husband and I cannot get teensafe to stop charging him for this spyware that we did not ask for and do not need. We finally put a stop pay through the bank, after their customer service failed to cancel the account. They fought the bank without bothering to simply call us and the charges started up again. We DO NOT HAVE A TEENAGER. IF WE DID, WE HAVE PLENTY OF TOOLS THROUGH OUR CARRIER THAT SURPASS SPYING ON TEXTS. Google provides a location for Android and Apple does the same for iPhone, and my carrier can do the rest if I needed them to. We cant get anything but a runaround from these people and my husband has had to shut down his debit card while he works with the bank to move into a new account. We have been dealing with this for over 2 years.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Sorry for this serious ordeal but we’re fairly certain that you have us confused with another company. Are you contacting (800)245-8598 or emailing support@teensafe.com? Our customer support team routinely cancels accounts without any issues. Also, TeenSafe is exclusively for parents of children under 18 years old. Monitoring any person 18 years or older, or anyone for whom you are not the legal guardian or parent, violates our Terms of Use. Please contact me if your account is with TeenSafe.com Ruth.Doering@TeenSafe.com and we will resolve immediately.
lisaf320
6/13/18

They get your credit card number and when you try to cancel through their website it does not process. When you realize they are charging you and call and try to cancel they cannot find you as a customer. When you dispute with your credit card they then can find you and send lies to your CC company saying they sent emails to confirm before charging. This is a scam company! Do not use!

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Very sorry that you’re frustrated. We have millions of parents who have used our services so we are by no means a scam. If you’ve canceled there is no way we can keep charging your credit card. Please send me your email address and will check into this for you. You can email me at ruth.doering@teensafe.com.
hillaryf9
5/17/18

I see people saying it's a scam, it doesn't work...but it does work...at least for me it does. It allows me to know where my daughter is physically and at least that gives me some sense of relieve.

fifif
4/10/18

Tried to set this up but it could not add/find my teen's phone even though I had the phone, apple ID, and password. I even used ID/password to turn off the two-factor authentication so I know ID/password is correct. I also checked them again on the iCloud app in the phone.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Greetings,

Sorry you are having an issue as it does work on an iPhone 6s. Please contact our customer support team (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com and they can help you. Best, the TeenSafe team
annae55
4/2/18

It took me a while to get used to it but after little bit of spending time it does work.
Apple iCloud is really complicated. After figuring out how to does apple password system setup(never used iCloud before) the skies got cleared out.
As for me as a parent it helps me sleep well.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Thanks Anna,

If you have any issues you can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com.

Best,

the TeenSafe team
maryw360
3/15/18

This is a great idea but the practice needs a great deal of work. I tried to put this on my kids' phone and during install it worked and posted their text from that day. Then the program just stopped working on the phones. Customer services hours are during working hours and when my kids are in school and have their phones with them. There are not weekend or evening customer services hours to attempt to resolve issues. So, to fix whatever issues was going on with the phones I'd have to take time off work and keep my kids phones home for the day.

I did attempt to uninstall and reinstall the program but the dashboard on the teensafe website wouldn't let me delete the phone and the lag between trying to email customer service and response was frustrating. So, this program is definitely not worth the 15 bucks a month.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Mary,
Understand your frustration. What we do is technologically difficult and therefore installation can be tricky. And you raise an important point about the customer service hours. We are discussing that internally. Thanks for the feedback and again sorry it didn’t work for your family. Best, the TeenSafe team
maryp249
3/14/18

YOU WILL BE CHARGED JUST FOR SIGNING UP! They offer a "free" trial, however, if you don't have the information in order to get into your child's phone, THEY CHARGE YOU ANYWAY! Business hours are limited, and they treat you like you did something wrong.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Greetings Mary,

Our apologies that you spent valuable time and weren’t successful in the trial setting up your child’s phone. I’m certain that we can issue a refund if you contact me with your email. Our U.S.-based customer support team works hard to resolve all customer issues so would appreciate you sending us an email so we can look into this for you. Ruth.doering@teensafe.com
lucindab4
3/12/18
• Updated review

1. Problem CAN NOT BE FIXED. STOP TELLING CUSTOMER YOU ARE WORKING ON IT! JUST BE HONEST!!!! YOU ARE A SCAM TAKING PEOPLES $ WHEN YOU KNOW THIS DOES NOT WORK! SHAME ON YOU
2.CUSTOMER SERVICE SAYS SAME THIS AS EMAIL, SO NO HELP. YOU OFFER A SERVICE YOU CAN NOT PROVIDE, THEN YOU BLAME IT ON THE PHONE SERVICE OR CUSTOMER!!!

She-Rie J and Zhazha S
TeenSafe Customer Support Team
1-800-245-8598
Monday - Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM CST
www.teensafe.com

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Lucinda,
Please email me at ruth.doering@teensafe.com your email address so we can look into what happened in your case. We aren’t going to give up until we are certain that there is no way to fix the iCloud lockout issue. We’ve been able to resolve for many parents and would appreciate the opportunity to see if we can for you.

Again, we understand your frustration and are working diligently on a workaround to the changes Apple made to their software.
“DO NOT PURCHASE! Listen to reviews!!!!!”
3/6/18
• Previous review

THEY CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT FOR "FREE" TRIAL. All negative review true. IT WILL LOCK YOUR ICLOUD!!! YOU WILL NEED TO RESET EVERYDAY!!!!!!! NO UPDATES AS PROMISED AND THEY DONT ANSWER YOU EMAILS!! HAD TO CALL BANK TO STOP PAYMENT

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Lucinda,

We are sorry to have frustrated you. The Apple iCloud lockout issue affects all monitoring software and we encourage parents to call our customer support team to help resolve (800)245-8598. Our U.S.-based support team answers all emails each day unless received late on Friday or the weekend. Did you email support@teensafe.com?

We offer a free 7-day trial where a user can upgrade to access the full functionality of the service. You can simply cancel online or cancel by calling our team.

The iCloud lockout issue affects some but not all of our users and again, very sorry it affected you. If you need any more questions answered please email the support team or me directly at ruth.doering@teensafe.com.
barretth10
2/23/18

If your child has an iPhone, do not waste your money on this! I called their customer support for assistance with the issue and Zhazha sent me an email that "had instructions to fix the problem" and all it was, was a link to their help page (which had no instructions on how to correct the issue). Apparently, Apple iCloud views this site a security breach of some sorts and will lock out your child's iCloud account. Do not... I repeat, Do not waste your time or money on this service. The only positive outcome is I was able to receive a refund.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Barrett,

We totally understand your frustration in dealing with the Apple iCloud account lockout issue. We have resources working on this issue but as you can tell Apple is not making it easy for our industry. It is difficult to determine the exact cause, as various factors seem to contribute to account lockouts and they can happen instantly or can be delayed by a day or more. Moreover, not every customer who performs the same pattern of actions is affected in the same way.

While detecting the precise cause is difficult the issue is industry-wide and affects all monitoring services.

Again, we do understand your frustration and we continue to try and find a workaround to fix the issue. Best, the TeenSafe team
maribethb
2/20/18

The Florida school shooting has me thinking of how difficult it is to raise kids and keep them safe nowadays. I am a proactive parent and with a tool like TeenSafe I can monitor a bit more my child and who she hangs out with and what other kids are saying. It's a way to be part of her world from the outside and know when to act.

tomb330
2/19/18

This Company is a SCAM, the service doesnt work at ALL BUT that doesnt keep them from continuing to charge your credit card EVEN after you cancel!

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Greetings Tom,

Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com. They will be able to clear this up for you.

Or email me at ruth.doering@teensafe.com and I will look into this.
rollings
2/4/18

The app does not work. I primarily was using this app to obtain deleted text messages, but they would not appear and if they did, they were partial text messages which were unreadable. The app would not sync with phone and is not easy to navigate. There are much better choices out there that allow you to monitor the phone activity real time. I would not recommend this.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Greetings,
We’re sorry your experience was frustrating and incomplete. From the challenges you mention you may be an iPhone user as the Android monitoring is in real time. Apple has upgraded their securing measures which makes it more difficult for us to provide the best monitoring services.

TeenSafe works well for many parents and others understandably are frustrated. Again, sorry your experience was not satisfactory. The TeenSafe team
nm68
1/14/18

TeenSafe and it's business practices are intolerable!!! First of all, the app doesn't not work as advertised. It rarely linked to the phones to provide up to date information. Secondly, they continue to charge your credit card even after cancelling the service via customer service AND email attempts several times. I had to get the credit card company involved, but they continue to charge!!! They are a ripoff and would not recommend getting into the service in the first place. I would rate TeenSafe a "0" if I could!!!

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Greetings, Are you sure you are contacting OUR support team? In the past, we have been confused with other monitoring services. This is the TeenSafe contact information (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com. Our U.S. based customer support team works very hard to quickly resolve issues. If you send me your email account we will immediately look into your issue. If an account has been canceled we can't keep charging your card. Please send your email address associated with your account to ruth.doering@teensafe.com and we'll address this immediately.
juliep125
1/11/18

TeenSafe won't work with iPhone. The way it is supposed to work, after you sign up, you enter your child's Apple ID and password on the TeenSafe site and then you can view your child's texts, web searches, etc. - TeenSafe pulls this info from your child's iCloud. Except, when TeenSafe does this, Apple thinks it is an intrusion and locks your child's account for "security reasons." Your child's Apple ID account is then locked until you verify it and change the Apple ID password . . . It happens every time TeenSafe accesses your child's iCloud - do this too many times and you get permanently locked. I contacted TeenSafe customer service and they said this is a "known issue" with the "highest resolution priority" but there is "no ETA" as to when this will be resolved. This makes TeenSafe useless with an iPhone. And, they refused to refund my money (both in email correspondence and when I called) -- all they would say is "you purchased the service for 30 days and there are no refunds" even as they acknowledged their service doesn't work! Don't waste your money.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Julie,

We totally understand your frustration in dealing with the Apple iCloud account lockout issue. We have resources working on this issue but as you can tell Apple is not making it easy for our industry. It is difficult to determine the exact cause, as various factors seem to contribute to account lockouts and they can happen instantly or can be delayed by a day or more. And, not every customer who performs the same pattern of actions is affected in the same way.

Please send your email address to ruth.doering@teensafe.com so I can look into the refund as we ARE offering a credit to existing customers as the tool is currently not working for some of our customers as well as it used to work. Best, the TeenSafe team
jenniferv71
1/10/18

I called before I signed up, they said it would do everything I asked about. WRONG - won't track an iPhone - well it will but its 24hours later, they said they are working on it. Then the Apple ID log in has to be reset every day, even though the phone is updated every evening. This means you have to log into Apple and reset it with a new password every day, and then it sill only works sometimes. If you log out and then try to log back in, you have to reset Apple ID. Complete waste of money. I have called the 800# several times, they always answer but always say it is a problem in the system that they are working to resolve, but they cannot give me a date of when problem will be resolved. Don't waste your time or money! Complete waste of money.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Jennifer,

That is why we are offering a credit to existing customers as the tool is currently not working for some of our customers as well as it used to work. Again, we do understand your frustration and do hope we can fix the issue. Best, the TeenSafe team
kevinh207
1/4/18

I use this app to help me keep "an eye" on my youngest daughter who is 13 and loves to play on her phone. She just changed schools and is meeting new friends, and as a parent I like her to be social, but it always makes me uneasy to not know who she is hanging out with after school before I get home. The app works fine, but I would make it easier to navigate.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Appreciate your input, Kevin. Technologically what we do is difficult. We agree and wish it could be easier to navigate.
crystalb87
11/24/17

It never worked right off the bat. Before even logging in to my daughters phone it just kept giving me an error message. So Im being charged for absolutely nothing. When I call the help number no one ever answered. Ever. When sending email, again, I just got anerror message that it could not be sent. I suppose I will have to cancel my credit card to get them to stop charging me for their scam. Its a waste of time and money

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Greetings Crystal,

Are you sure you’re a customer of TeenSafe.com and not confusing us with another app? Are you calling (800)245-8598 or emailing support@teensafe.com. Our customer support team took the day off for Thanksgiving which is standard in the industry. But our U.S.-based team answers every call and we take customer support very seriously. We have millions of parents who have used our services so we are by no means a scam. Please call the number we listed above and they will resolve your issue if you are our customer. And after you call will you please respond back to this review? Best, the TeenSafe team
amyc200
11/24/17

Service worked great until last March. Started having issues with Apple ID lockout when signing in to Teensafe. Have called repeatedly and I get the same answer.....We're working on it. It takes time. This has been going on for 9 months and still no fix. They have offered a credit but I would prefer the service work as promoted. Problem is most 3rd party services are having same issue with Apple. Teensafe won't fess up if they will ever get it fixed but after 9 months I'm really starting to wonder?

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Amy,

We totally understand your frustration in dealing with the Apple iCloud account lockout issue. We do still have resources working on this issue but as you can tell Apple is not making it easy for our industry. It is difficult to determine the exact cause, as various factors seem to contribute to account lockouts and they can happen instantly or can be delayed by a day or more. Moreover, not every customer who performs the same pattern of actions is affected in the same way.

While detecting the precise cause is difficult, as you mentioned the issue is industry-wide and affects all monitoring services.

That is why we are offering the credit as the tool is currently not working for some of our customers as well as it used to work. Again, we understand your frustration and still hope we can fix the issue. Best, the TeenSafe team
nelsone6
11/21/17

Having new technology around this day and age can certainly help with parenting. My folks had it tough with me, but I am relying on apps and tools like Teensafe to help me get by day by day with my teenage daughter. I understand it is not a perfect tool as I would love for it to have the ability to monitor Facebook, but it certainly has so many other features that keep me posted and alert on my daughter's life.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Greetings Nelson,

Great, responsibility and anxiety come with smartphones for parents and children. We’re happy that TeenSafe is helping you during these “tough times” as a digital parent. Best, the TeenSafe team
kristenr23
11/14/17

It worked for a day, then stopped updating even though the phone is backing up to the cloud. Customer support was slow to respond and completely unhelpful. They will not refund my purchase for a non-working product. It's a complete rip off and I'm sorry I wasted my money but don't waste yours.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Kristen,

Just heard from our CSR manager that the refund issue has been resolved. Our apologies for the delay. Monitoring smartphones is not easy and we certainly understand your frustration. Best, the TeenSafe team
debbieb152
11/9/17

Company says free trial but then charges you immediately. They were not able to pull up my child's data due to glitches on their end. Site won't let you log in without disabling security on the Apple account. Said they are trying to work on the issue. Then they expect you to pay without providing you with any information. Asked to speak with a supervisor. Says it takes two days for them to return call.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Very sorry that you are having these issues. I spoke with our customer support team and they need your email to look at your account and see what is happening. If you send me your email ruth.doering@teensafe.com they will contact you, if they haven’t already.

1) The only way you would not have received the 7-day trial is if you upgraded to a full access paid account or if you used a pre-paid credit card for payment.

2) As for the second issue, Apple changed the two-factor authentication again this week and it takes us a couple of days to figure out the changes and upgrade our software. The team let us know it will be resolved today.

Our customer support team works very hard and am sorry your experience was frustrating. But contact us and we will resolve.
jennb20
11/9/17

Won't update. Constantly says "new update not allowed" . Customer service unresponsive to help resolve. Does NOT show deleted texts from iPhones, only Androids. Dishonest advertising and promises.

Response from Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Greetings Jenn,

This sounds infuriating and we’re sorry that this has been your experience. Our goal is to deliver the best monitoring tools parents can use to keep their tweens and teens safe.
The service we offer is technologically difficult and at times there are issues that interfere with our offering. Our team works very hard to resolve technical issues as quickly as possible. Best, the TeenSafe team

They have to backup to iCloud. If they aren't on wifi and plugged in at some point then it won't backup. No backup means no data. If that happens we just go to the phone and force a backup and it will get you all the latest data.

By Stephen M.

Not a hoax...just of very limited use in my opinion. If all you want to do is watch text messages than i guess it's ok....but only if the phone backs up to the cloud. Really isnt very valuable. I had it for less than a week and it was pretty pointless really.

By Brian K.

Yeah, sorry but I don't have/use Snapchat so I don't know - apparently not. Sorry again.

By DJ S.

Nothing gets installed on your phone. Therefore, there is nothing to remove. Change your Apple ID password and the passwords for your social media accounts. Unless you gave this person all of your passwords, there isn't a way for them to spy on you with Teensafe.

By Kevin P.

Yes, the carrier you use doesn't matter. Here is some more information https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/ Thanks for the inquiry.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Sorry you are having an issue, our support team can answer these questions. Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Greetings Heather. Hope this answers your questions. If not please ask here. https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Yes, we do work in Canada. This may have useful information for you https://www.teensafe.com/blog/faq-everything-need-know-install-teensafe-childs-phone/

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

The tech team says this all depends on the number of text messages sent, time, period between iCloud being shut off etc. and depends on how Apple iCloud works. If said messages are saved in the backup then yes. We can't guarantee this if turned off. So it is best to leave the iCloud backup on.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative

Hmmm, not sure Steve. Sorry you are having an issue. Please reach out to our customer support team to help you. You can call (800)245-8598 or email support@teensafe.com. Or send us your email here and can have them look up the account for you.

By Ruth D., TeenSafe Representative
Questions? Get answers from the TeenSafe staff and other customers.

TeenSafe?