Review of Facebook

Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Tel: +1-704-905-9941

axelw10
2/13/19

I tried calling and had no help. it was all automated systems that 100% of the time tell you to go online which Is the worst possible thing when you actually need help with fradulent charges. I found a number that sent me to people who bairly speak English and don't want to help me because "he doesn't feel like it" the guys name was Peter brown which was 100% not his real name. he refused to help in any way shape or form. it was the complaints department that I called and I don't even know what to do from there. when the complaints department says they literally don't feel like helping I feel the company is inherently flawed and a scam. if I could in any way express my displeasure with the company but the one place you are supposed to be able to call for help or ways to improve the service literally said to me "I don't feel like telling you my name". if I could involve the police I would in a second. The individual asked me to buy a prepaid card and give him the number which is exactly what a scam would be. worst possible experience. never have I been treated so badly in my entire life. I would never recommend this service to anyone for the rest of my existence and I will do everything possible to let people know and help people avoid the dehumanizing treatment that I have had to endure. If I could give 0 stars it would be to good of a rating for this garbage company.

eliv15
1/23/19

I'm not a social media fan n never will support Facebook! I don't believe in televising everything I do in my everyday life people that does that don't have a life. Plenty times when I advertise through letgo selling my Wood Products u have to sign in FACEBOOK, however the staff is so corrupt they go back n re-edit my ads? Why they do that? Because they r jealous n irrogorant to the fact I'm aggressive independent owner. U see they don't like that FACEBOOK BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE drive to progress in business. DONT PLAYER HATE BECAUSE U SUCK! Facebook!

ashleea2
1/21/19

I took my step-daughter to get pedicures done at this location since we were in the area and it had good reviews. I was very disappointed. I asked how much it was they said $30 each. While we were sitting in the chairs, they brought over a plastic box that said "pedicure in the box" I asked if that was what they were using, and they said yes, it's the new way to do it. They didn't clip my nails (they weren't that long, but it could of used a trim) didn't clean around the nail area, didn't trim my step daughters nails back enough. They didn't clip the end of the nails at the corners to avoid ingrown nails. I already had the polish removed from our toes. They took nail removal and "took the nail polish off", no massage, they put lotion on our legs, painted out nails and then took us to the dryer table. They told me it was $74, and i asked them why it's $14 more. they said it was because we got a special manicure (the plastic pedicure in a box) . They never told me that! I had to clip our nails when we got home and of course it chipped the polish. I will drive the hour to go back to my home town to get our nails done.

doscm
1/19/19

Dosc (Jason Urbina) is a Producer/DJ based out of San Francisco, California. Jason joined an arts school with a discipline in Audio Engineering at an early age. Swiftly he elevated his path to on-boarding as a Recording Engineer and leveraged the studio environment to develop his first project: Patch.Patch was a nice reflection of Jason's early audio experiences, environment and influences. Being a Recording Engineer in a Bay Area rap studio; his sound led to groovy gangsta percussion patterns with solid summery-vibe melodies and swing.Patch has since been shelved but the ambition still whispers from time to time.It wasn't until the grooves of Format:B, funky chord jabs of Paco Osuna or the energy of Pan Pot; did Jason take a dip into the Minimal, Techno, and Tech- House world.Here and now, we have a unique yet familiar sound, heavy drums, joined with the feel-good and groovy melodies.This is Dosc. Come listen.

mahfuzt
1/16/19

Their service is really awesome and excellent. Approach is very good. They are very quick in reply. I am totally satisfied with their activities and have given then five star in rating. They are reliable and trustworthy.

chrisd219
1/14/19

I own former GMN lives group and they restricted my friends till January 20 2019 at 7:30 p.m. I think that is not right since they have not restricted qucikrewards.net facebook page to get more friends and I am trying to beat their site if possible-but it is going to be difficult for me to do.

erickl17
1/9/19

victord34
1/4/19
• Updated review

Earlier this week, I once again attempted to create a Facebook account. I entered my name, email address, and phone number. I was then sent a code for verification. Once I entered the code I had received by text message, I was told that there is suspicious activity on my account, and I was then thrown into identity verification hell. First I had to select fire hydrants from the pictures, then the crosswalks, then the bicycles, the bridges. Once done, I was asked to upload a picture. I uploaded my LinkedIn profile picture. I was then told that I couldn't log on until someone or something verified my identity. Days passed, no response, and I couldn't log on. Disgusted, I sent feedback to them to close the account, and they swiftly disabled it.

Facebook's mechanisms to prevent fraudulent accounts apparently flags those that are legitimate too. I must be on some list somewhere so I am prevented from creating an account. Maybe my phone number raises a red flag, my IP address, my email , my name, who knows? Just a colossal waste of time. Never again.

“The mechanism used to flag accounts for verification is absurd”
5/20/18
• Previous review

I created a Facebook account, made some changes to my profile such as where I live, my hometown, and so forth. Occasionally I logged on, searched for people I know, looked at the profiles of others, read pages of my favorite sports teams, and such. I was never on Facebook more than 5 minutes, and I visited the account no more than once per week. Yesterday, after a week of not being on, I tried to log on. I got a message saying there was suspicious activity on my account, and they needed some information to proceed. They asked me to select the squares that had cars, then select the squares that had crossing lanes, then select the squares that had store fronts. Once I did this, it asked me for my phone number so it could send me a verification code. Once I did this, it sent me a code, which I entered. It then asked me to send them a picture of myself, where they would then go verify that it was me. This apparently was to be done at some later time, at their leisure. In the meantime, I am prevented from logging on.

There is no person to talk to, nobody to call. They don't have customer service, and no mechanism to resolve this matter quickly. I am simply to respond to their requests for personal information, then wait for them to approve me. I find this to be utterly ridiculous. If I have to worry all the time about my account being mistakenly flagged for "suspicious activity", the website is too troublesome to bother with.

annem329
1/3/19

Facebook started several weeks ago sending me notices that I had messages from someone on my friends list. I did not.
This week they have changed to another person on my friends list.
Shame on them. Just a ploy to get me to sign in to Facebook.

cathym235
1/1/19

As most of us know facebook has an Algorithm that dictates how many people, and it isn't a lot, and who sees your post. I'm always getting these post pop up on my page
that says hold your finger down on this and yada, yada, yada. It doesn't work, at least not for me. What it boils down to is facebook trying to entice you to buy into their ad campaigns, so they can make money off you. Yes, they all do it, YouTube, Twitter, etc.
and I must admit I've bought into a few. I've stopped. Here's the reason why.

Yes, I know that you have to spend money to make money, but I don't have to be stupid either. You post, and you post, and you post until sometimes you might make your friends nuts. If you're selling a product or in my case trying to get people interested in my books, I've set up not only book pages but character pages. You spread the word anyway you can. Use tags, use URL's when you have them, don't have a website, set one up. I don't know how I can have so many people visiting my website and me not selling more books. I figured part of it out. Same thing. Use those URL's, tag lines, and
post regularly. Don't be afraid to repost something you have in the past. Not a lot of people saw it the first time around unless you're someone like Steven King or James Patterson. Keep reposting. It doesn't matter if it's a blog, vlog, a short story, a video, or just something you feel you must share with the world, just keep reposting.

I will give you some advice I've given to other writers. Stay away from certain subjects, top of the list politics. Also, religion. Unless you're a politician or a minister of some type or a religious writer targeting certain groups, all you're going to do is alienate a lot of people who might otherwise buy your product be it a book or anything else.

The one thing it is going to take from you is dedication to what you're doing and the belief in what your promoting. Another words, it going to take some hard work on your part. You can try to buy that from others but unless you have an unlimited supply of money that's not going to get you far.

So, you want to beat the algorithms then You are going to have to hit those buttons on your keyboard. I just got my laptop replaced for Christmas because I had worn the keys
down to nubs. That was because I do write a lot and not because I was spending the time doing the other things I needed to be doing.

If the short cuts work for you great, but for me they don't. I will wear yet another keyboard down I'm sure. I just hope this one last a little longer than the last. Poor baby. It has taken a beating.

benh57
12/30/18

They're always offended by words on a screen, ashamed of nothing regards letting their users sell duty free cigarettes by the carton load imported from mainland Europe on the Facebook marketplace.

Moderators of the site are good at turning humorous comments made by users responding to news stories on media outlet pages in making out that the comment made is in their eyes promoting "hate speech" All the while, they are permitting users of the site in selling regulated products such as cigarettes that have been imported from mainland Europe (TAX FREE) for the seller to profit from for their own gains..

Apparently it is OK with facebook allowing this to happen as shown by the screenshot of the report that had been made over a month ago "15th November 2018" in relation to this seller selling imported tax free cigarettes. While a comment I had made got taken down from a media outlet not even 2 days after I had made it..

If that's not a joke, I don't know what is..

williams1173
12/27/18

Sat with Will to discuss getting into a leased vehicle.
With him knowing that we are both retired with fixed income.
We discussed the Ford Escape.
Came to terms that fit into our budget and has all the options we were looking for.
Will recommend the dealership and Will to our close friends and family.

Gloria A.

johnc1909
12/22/18

it is really nice app but i have some kind of privacy concerns about it, whenever i meet a person, i find him in my suggestion,.. how is it possible, do they know who I meet??

overall nice app

jillj10
12/11/18

This company is run by very immature and illiterate individuals. I made a very benign comment on news site and some Facebook employee took offense. Grow up and get a real job.

jeffr267
12/9/18

I am waiting for the HUGE class action lawsuit for the simple reason that fraudbook advertising clicks are mostly bots!

Do not advertise on FB, they are the biggest scam going. There has been many discussions in FB groups with people complaining about bots and these discussions all get deleted in a few days.

Soon enough, the FB advertising scam will be unleashed to the hungry lawyer wolves.. And really, truly looking forward to the day!

alexisp45
12/5/18

A long time ago, I thought Facebook was great. This was in 2008-2011 when it was mostly just kids in high school and in university who were using it (I was 14 in 2008). But as it became more popular and more baby boomers and Gen Xers starting to use it, it started to go downhill as it slowly became more and more inundated with the most mind-numbing political memes and personal drama imaginable.

From a business perspective, having the site be as open and as accessible as possible makes sense. It's no secret that Facebook makes a whole lot of money from knowing everything about everyone. But from a personal level, I don't think it's worked out so great.

Social networking sites are often at their best when they have some kind of niche that they're geared towards. Reddit is a forum site that's geared towards having a lot of different communities talking about the things related to the theme of the subreddit. Tumblr is a social network made up of various fan communities and special interests as well, but in a microblogging/photo blogging kind of format.

But what does Facebook have going for it? It's the site for keeping up with old friends and with family members who live a long way away. It's a great idea on paper, and for the most part it has been a profitable one, but in reality, it turns out that if you let these people connect with each other in an online environment, they're mostly going to be sharing the most inane stuff imaginable. The people I thought were great once upon a time turn out to be the most annoying people.

Unfortunately, it's also socially required to have an account. Our culture assumes you're trying to hide something if you don't have a Facebook profile now, even if the reality is that you just don't want to know every passing thought of everyone you've met.

So I think it's one of those sites that would work better if it was mostly geared towards people who are/were still in school. Once the scope of the site expanded beyond that, the site began to spiral downhill.

michaelg952
12/2/18

Joining and using Facebook is like perpetually flashing any digital character that stumbles upon your page. For some extremely odd reason, people post their most private thoughts on the most public platform that ever existed. It is like going to your confessional, but instead of just your gay priest listening while he masturbates, you are confessing to the entire world.

Get a clue, people. Why would you share all of this information with people you don't even know? On top of that, the Facebook management is morally bankrupt and exists solely to squeeze another dollar out of an asset that isn't even theirs. In a word, its one of the greatest swindles perpetrated on the unwitting public, perhaps ever.

I quit about six months ago and the only thing I miss about FraudBook is playing Words With Friends, but even WWF blew up when they started selling cheats.

emilj8
11/28/18

Facebook makes a person idiotic in ways that is so high level that people say "why could he break up with me on Facebook like a normal person", it made human beings value themselves with the system of "LIKES" and it also has awfull comments

jessd38
11/23/18

Facebook shows same stuff over and over again in the feed.
To view news of a particular person or a group I have to go to their profiles.
I started looking for a reason - then I found they control what we see.
I used a couple of browser extentions which took care of the ads (all were removed)
and tried to tweak the feed. Then I was banned for posting a joke about muslamix.
At the same time ISIS people, resistors and other haters can incite violence any way they want and are not being censored.
Now I am on mewe.com and gab, where I see everything in a natural way, when it is posted.

kh650
11/23/18

There are myriads other social media services. Why do people keep on using this lying site? I checked to see if my information had been deleted after 2 years. It hadn't. They claim they delete it if you permanently disable the account. Like everything else, this is untrue. So they still have my phone number, which hackers use. They can also use this to gather information on you for sales purposes around the Internet. They call it tracking. I call it spying. People with business accounts have no help or customer service.

jessliej
11/13/18

this $#*!book is made to spy on you
to steal your data and to sell it
that applies for all facebook products (whatsapp , instagram ......)
try to sign up with tor or to login with tor and your account locked
then they will ask about your PHONE NUMBER or GOVERNMENTAL ID
i think they shouldn't force anyone to share this VERY PRIVATE INFORMATION with them
besides who are they to request them?

barbaras171
11/8/18

i been playing the Farm Ville 2 for years and it is so annoying that the ones who are in charge of the game wont listen to there is so many bugs and clinches in it that the game just crashes so much and it is very hard to even finish it or even enjoy it i have told them so many times and they do not seem to want to hear it is their issue that its not being fix and they are always blaming me that it is my computer and so on that needs to be updated and my computer is updated and there isn't nothing wrong on my end with my computer it is the game and i do wish they would listen and do something to fix it so at least the game can be more enjoyable to play

ralpht44
11/5/18

Facebook (I refer to is as 'Facetube') has to be one of the most frustrating websites to use. They even keep you from logging in unless you post a profile photo. Why anyone would want to post intimate details about their lives online when it is now well-established that Facebook is basically a data collection point for intelligence agencies is beyond me. But hell, some people still smoke, so what the hey....go hog wild...

trevint
10/30/18

I've registered to facebook a long time ago and to be honest I've barely used it. It's really only suitable for self-absorbed narcissists who only care about themselves and just want to boost their ego. But it's not all about that, the experience really depends on what you want from the site. You are free to "unfollow" people to keep their posts from your feed while still staying friends with them to keep up appearances. A lot of companies use facebook for marketing purposes but its sometimes worthwhile to follow them if you are really interested in some specific thing. I personally use facebook mainly as a way to find nearby events or concerts. It lets you see which of your friends are interested in these events so if you're an outgoing person it gives you options for finding a nice weekend activity. Also the mobile messenger app is quite good with some goofy features. Overall the experience of Facebook really depends on you personally. Just don't obsess over it too much.

teresah180
Teresa H.
10/29/18

I had been a member of Facebook for several years and as of tonight I have deactivated my account. It all started within the past two years. Hatred, anger and hostility towards political rivals. I'm 56 years old and I have been a Republican sense I was 18. Please do not hold that against me. I am more of the middle bipartisan Republican. I normally don't go on Facebook anymore. Not like I use too. And I have tired my very best to stay away from the political grim that's on there but in this one case I felt I needed to defend this person constitutional right of free speech with the man that was harassing her.

And what do I get? This same man that was hassling this woman, mind you, anther Republican calling me all kinds of nasty names. I mean this man was just down right nasty. I called him an idiot and left the post. Next thing know, Facebook tells me I went against their community rules and I would not be able to post. Fine. I deactivated my Facebook account. I will VOTE DEMOCRATIC this combing Tuesday and after the elections I will be changing my party affiliations and why? Because Facebook only looks at one post comments. They don't look at the complete conversation and why such a comment came about. This so REPUBLICAN is still on Facebook bullying people and getting away with it and Facebook is letting. If that how Facebook operates that's fine. Surely that can do with one less member. As for the Republican Party... I don't want to be associated with low lifes.

274 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You won't. I was banned for a month for a meme and appealed. They restored the post said it was OK but I was still banned for a month.

By James S.

Questions? Get answers from the Facebook staff and other customers.

Facebook?