Review of Badoo

London, W1W 5BB, United Kingdom
Tel: -1465487196

bellaa17
12/16/17

Badoo customer support is extremely rude, horrible and unprofessional. I received an e-mail that I was blocked because I violated their terms and conditions but they don't specify what it is. Then I started to sent an e-mail to ask why they blocked me and the agent name "DOMINIC" was trying to assist me but the thing is he was not a friendly agent, then he was just stating that I broke their rules and sound so unhelpful. We are throwing e-mails like today and he was responding like every 3 hours. Imagine that, and I read every detail of the rules in badoo which I never violated any of it at all. The most unfair part is that they are allowing others to post half naked and some of them are with children which is extremely prohibited on the page but those users are still active. I was completely offended on how they handle these cases and I wish that someone would speak up about it. They created this app to meet people but the community itself was so disrespectful. I was thinking they might be accessing some personal messages which was completely abusive and disturbing. How can we secure ourselves if badoo is not even fair with their community. If they can't retrieve our accounts, well boycotting them is much better and to ensure that they will sink in like TITANIC

nemanjac
12/10/17

Site is generaly make to suck money out of you. The chances to meet someone is close to zero.
System constantly send you messages that other people are intested in you, but that is a cheat. When you pay, then you see that actually you meet the criteria of that person. But, that person didnt even saw your profile.
Bad site. Dont waste time.

bellaa15
12/2/17

Hi ,

I been on badoo for a while and i never send inappropite photos or rude messages to people. I tried to log in and its says you account has been blocked. I tried to make a new one and on and on they blocked it again. Whats going on here? Im really upset and disappointed at badoo. I tried to email you several times and your response was poor in my upnion, so so so pity....

vasilea3
11/29/17

dont spend your money on badoo.......................................................................................................

brunow14
11/25/17

I was on Badoo and saw that I could chat with a girl right away if I sent her a gift. "Ok, I'll try it," I thought. So I clicked on get credits and it immediately gave me 500 credits because I had already put in my payment details at a previous date.

I saw no screen nor any option nor any notification for an automatic top up.

I sent three gifts and dropped to 200 credits upon which I was charged immediately for another 500.

WTF?

So I contacted Help immediately and told them of the error, lack of notification and they brushed me off and pointed to their policies.

Total scam tactics. Totally unethical.

felixc27
11/20/17

Could i give them 0 star? even 1 star is too much.

Badoo hard-bitten me with their "Super Powers" for $95.99 USD. BE CAREFUL WITH BADOO, Please read:

In a summary, I subscribed to Badoo "Super Powers" by mistake and I, RIGHT AWAY asked them to cancel it and for a full refund, explaining that I inadvertently tapped the GIANT button to buy, and by the way, they don't have any 'back' or 'cancel' buttons, nor ask for confirmation before proceed and charge you, that's lack of ethics of the application, which also PRE-SELECT the option of 90 days :) ).

I tried to talk to them and explain what happened, but they wanted their unfairly charged money.

To me, It's a most unfair and insensitive way of doing business and making money, honestly, I see it as a robbery.

I DID NOT BOUGHT THAT to later ask for a refund, there are other cheaper options, if I wanted to try them, I would have bought another option in a legitimate way (a day or a month) and not by an induced purchase-flow of the application, made that way on purpose, to see if the users buys by mistake and then you can continue charging and charging and charging, because it also DOES NOT ASK THIS ANY TIME but tries to make paypal pay them from time to time, with auto-renewals that the user does not necessarily want and also they don't ask or confirm.

Badoo tries to make you buy with a single click or tap, in my case USD $95.99:

1 - A very expensive option pre-selected for you, almost 100 dollars (with the excuse "The most popular package")
2 - No "Cancel" or "Go back" button, just the big big one to make the purchase.
3 - The worst, NO CONFIRMATION, in other words, you tap (you can tap by mistake, like in my case), you get charged by 95.99 dollars :)
4 - On top of that... when I took a look to my paypal account, in the screen where you see the "Pre-Approved payments", There was BADOO as "Active" again (I disabled them long time ago), WHAT???, I don't want to auto-renew 95.99 dollars every 3 months, so that's very very very unfair, no confirmation, no ask, nothing.

This is an unfairly charge by Badoo, to me that's unscrupulous. They KNOW what they're doing, they are trying to get money this way from as many people as possible, be VERY CAREFUL, they will BITE you :)

Felix C.

phillw4
11/17/17

I've been on badoo now for a few months and got nothing out of it seems like a waste of time and money

phillipr29
11/16/17

Badoo us in the process of scamming me out of 240 dollars for super powers that I did not even want to receive. They constantly bait you into the super power buy list when you swipe pictures to rate them. If you accidently click this you come to a box in which is already highlighted for you in advance. This is super powers for life and it cost 239.99 (this box is already highlighted) then the app will freeze when you try to click the x, after if you click anything else the purchase has been made. Badoo does not respond right away and when they do they write tude remarks basically saying they are bot liable and they robbed you out of your money..if anyone else has this problem can we sue these people for fraud and malpractice.

stanleyy7
11/3/17

It is just a big money hole. I can't imagine wanting to pay what they want to chat and or meet. As bad as Phrendly.

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Stanley!

Thank you for your message.

You can use Badoo for free and it is up to you to purchase any of our premium features or not. You can create a profile, upload as many photos and videos as you want, and chat and meet new people. Our premium features provide the possibility to gain more attention, but they are totally optional and not required to use our site.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us via Facebook or Twitter with any feedback, we're always happy to hear from our users!
farrowd
10/24/17

Do not use this website if you are man that is not at top 10%. It will drain your pockets fast with its micro transactions needed all over for any illusion of improving your chances. If you are top 10 man, than this is the heaven website for you and I advise you to use it and enjoy all the women without any real effort needed, other then nice pictures of your body. Also if you are girl that is in top 80%, you can use this website to boost your ego and receive dozens of messages and likes every day and feel like little princess without need to type back, just wait your turn so that top 10% guys can service you all. If you are bottom 20% woman, sorry then this is also not website for you, same as for bottom 90% man.

Tip for consumers: Avoid micro transactions and payments as they will quickly add up and empty your pocket without making real difference.

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
HI Farrow!

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience at Badoo. We strive to make our site as inclusive as possible and appreciate all of our users. Please let us know if you have any more feedback on this, we'd love to hear more about how can we improve this!

Regarding the micro transactions, they are totally optional and not needed to use our site. You can create a profile, upload as many photos and videos as you want, and chat and meet new people for free!

We hope this answers some of your questions but please get in touch with us via Twitter (www.twitter.com/badoohelp) or Facebook (www.facebook.com/badoohelp) if there's anything else we can do for you!
grazielem
10/23/17

Countdown to delete my account..there is.only old men seeking for whores in Badoo. Terrible app I have met only one person so far, all the rest just very suspicious middle east guys. Change your location and they'll be there bothering you saying $#*!e.

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Graziele!

We're very sorry to hear about your experience on Badoo. We do not tolerate any kind of abusive behaviour on our website so please do not hesitate to report any malicious users using our in-app function and we'll look into them for you immediately.

If you have any more feedback, do not hesitate to get in touch with us over Facebook or Twitter and we'll find a solution for it as soon as possible.
tijanap
10/23/17

I registered a profile about 2 weeks ago. Used several of my real life photos, true details, legit phone number, e-mail address. My communication with other users was polite, even when scam attempt was obvious. After having to deal with tons of fake users, which I reported regularly, it was my profile that was blocked, all of the sudden. I tried to get an explanation, how did I break their Terms and conditions, with no luck. It is obvious that so called moderators are into scam. There is no other explanation. So stay away from this site.

EDIT: Tried to contact Manel M, supposed Bado representative for this site, but he never replied. SInce I don't have any other social media account, this was my only way. So much of a customer care. Just like their other members of staff, that were rude and abusive, upon blocking my account and my attempts on clarifying the reasons. They are obviously very kind only in public.

Tip for consumers: Just don't

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hey Tijana!

We are very sorry to hear about your experience on Badoo. Our moderators take extra care to not inconvenience any genuine Badoo users, but this could have been a mistake. If you can’t find the reason why you’ve been blocked in our Guidelines (www.badoo.com/guidelines), please get in touch with us via Twitter (www.twitter.com/badoohelp) or Facebook (www.facebook.com/badoohelp) and we will double-check this decision for you.

Also, we want to thank you for having reported any suspicious profile. We do not tolerate any kind of abuse on our app and strive to maintain a good quality user base. Thank you for helping us keep Badoo safe!
leslied54
10/21/17

This is not the place to look for serious relationships at all. There's a lot of married men on badoo. There's also men who are looking to be taken care of financially women be very careful. I also experienced men who act normal and a few day's later do a 360 of bat $#*! crazy. I had swingers also offering me a threesome it was a married couple. Many commited men wanting to take advantage of single hard working women.

ashleys236
10/14/17

So I haven't had my account for 2 days I tried registration and my phone verification wouldn't accept my phone number I contacted Badoo help and the next morning they said my account has been blocked because I didn't follow their guidelines it's a bunch of bologny I advised you trying another app Badoo sucks

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Ashley!

We're very sorry to hear you've had this experience with us.

I have checked our correspondence from Badoo Help and couldn't find the one you're referring to. Would you mind contacting us there so that we can look into this?

From what you're saying, it looks like you have been blocked due to a violation of our Guidelines, which you can find here: www.badoo.com/guidelines. If you can’t find the reason why you’ve been blocked in our Guidelines, please get in touch with us via Twitter or Facebook and our customer service team will double-check this decision for you. However, please note that their decision will be final.

We look forward to hearing from you!
terryg69
10/8/17

I hit the "send" button to send a message and it sent a "gift" sticker instead and automatically charged me $9.99 to my PayPal. Now I'm in the process of disputing the PayPal charge.

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Terry!

Since you linked your payment details to your profile when purchasing a service in the past, you were able to make purchases with our one-click method. This is designed to make purchases more convenient to the user.

However, don't worry: if you didn't use any more Credits and this happened less than 14 days ago, we can provide you with a refund. Simply drop us a message on any of our social media sites (<www.twitter.com/badoohelp> or <www.facebook.com/badoohelp>), including the email address linked to your account, and we will look into this for you.

Thank you for using Badoo!
alicej42
10/7/17

When I send message it will deliver but it will not be reply. No view on my profile, and I get messages of people complaining that I don't reply to their messages but actually I did replied but they are not receiving any of my messages, I think is a technical issue

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Alice!

This doesn't sound right. Would you mind sending us the email address linked to your account? We want to troubleshoot this with you. You can contact us at any of our Twitter or Facebook accounts, look for "Badoo Help"!

We look forward to hearing from you.
kayl924
10/7/17

The heart of the application is a photo gallery that user must go through one at a time and rate the people. Access to any kind of people contact through a list of potential candidates to meet doesn't exist. Once you pay for their service, don't expect much either. Your temporary highlights listing you "higher" up in the search order is a useless piece of crap. As a paid full member, you have access to nothing extra than a cute little bar at the top of the screen telling you that you are more popular. It's a crock. The system is designed top down to prey on daters to steal their money away from them. Even after a paid membership is given, you still have to keep coughing up dough to do much of anything to interact with people. Stay far, far away from this company. Unfortunately, I got ripped off and like so many other people here have reviewed this company's moral compass is lost somewhere in the pits of fire.

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Kay!

We're very sorry to hear this, but the feedback of our users is very important for us. We can totally assure you that our popularity features work: when receiving new visitors, you can see on what section did they find you. We're sure that you'll notice an increase on visitors coming from searches or Encounters after using our popularity features!

In any case, we really want to hear more about your experience. Please message us on Twitter or Facebook, we want to solve this with you!
princessk1
10/4/17

I met this dude off badoo. I've been with him for two years. He was very sweet and kind at first.. He made me fall in love and I had a baby with him. People when I say I saw his true colors after 3 months it came out... Bottom line: NEVER DATE NO ONE OFFLINE. They are crazy as $#*!!!! He came out to be a cheater, left me in the house every weekend, got mad over Stupid $#*! and Lied about having a car and job! It was a Nightmare being with this $#*!! Badoo is a good dating site, but don't fall for the bull$#*! everyone splurge at you because you're online...

leef84
10/4/17

I have been on Badoo for 6 days,just checked my bank account, payments of 15,75 taken of my account in one day,what a joke,closed the account

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Lee!

So sorry about that! It looks like you acquired some of our premium services. Don't worry though, if you haven't used them and this happened recently we can provide you with a refund! Simply send us a private message over Facebook or Twitter, including the email address linked to your account, and we will look into this for you.

We look forward to hearing from you!
evelinef
10/3/17

I have been now actively on Badoo since May, but I deleted my profile 2 weeks ago. The reason being , after answering 6 requests, turn out to be all scammers wanting money!!! At one point, I had to involve the FTC, because the pictures were stolen of an US soldier,and I also think , since you are letting this go on, knowing some of these men are scammers, you should be held accountable.

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Eveline!

We're very sorry you've had this experience with us.

The majority of profiles on Badoo are genuine. However, there are people who try use our product for malicious purposes. The security of our users is very important and, as per our Guidelines, we do not allow any kind of malicious profile. If you come across a suspicious profile, please report it and we'll check it immediately, we want to solve this issue with you.
amberc62
9/21/17

Badoo is also known as a site where certain gang members network to access woman they may have Internet in.I have met a few on there all telling lies and have tried to steal from me and are working with gangs or as undercover it seems.There are genuine ones on there but usually farmer want a wife or married full of lies or just deviates and fake posers.Be aware Badoo is famous for this as I was informed of after telling peoplet some of my experiences.

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Amber!

The security of our users is paramount for us, we double-check all the reports we receive and moderate profiles as needed. If you find any suspicious profiles, please report them to us and we will check them and take appropriate action for you. We are always looking for new ways to keep malicious users out of Badoo and have created security measures that are yielding great results, such as photo verification or video chat, but every little gesture helps!

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if there's something else we can help you with. You can contact us on any of our social media profiles.

Thank you for using Badoo!
zn9
9/20/17

Never ever install this scam application and never give your credit card details to them. Even after you delete the payments from your profile and uninstall the app, they keep charging you! Stay away, very bad application.

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Z N.!

We're very sorry to hear about your experience.

Unfortunately, depending on the payment method you used, you may need to manually cancel your subscription, as it may be processed externally. If it's managed internally, we automatically cancel all subscriptions attached to a profile once it's deleted by a user. In any case, cancelling your subscription is very easy, you can do it from your Payment settings section on your profile. And our Customer Care Team is always happy to help, so simply send us a message on any of our social media channels and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
peregrineh
8/26/17

Apparently signed up without ever inputting a password so I can't delete my account.
Every photo I upload is somehow tagged as a group photo despite only having me in them.
I can't select my own main profile picture.
I have to connect to facebook for basic information instead of inputting it myself.
Every single aspect of this site is clunky and unusable. It's ridiculously difficult to figure out even the most basic function without running into some kind of an issue.

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Peregrine!

We're very sorry to hear that you've had this experience with us, but we've got some easy tips to help you solve these!

If you are unable to see the 'Account' or 'Sign out' buttons, then you will first need to create a password for your account. Please click on 'Get Password' in your account settings. You will be able to sign out once you have confirmed your password.

Regarding the photos, only pictures where your face is clearly visible can be selected as your profile picture. Pictures where your face is not clearly visible will be marked as group or landscape photos and won't be available to use as a profile picture. Please try with different pictures!

Finally, it is optional to connect any social media profile to Badoo. You can still use it without connecting any method of verification.

We hope this helps, but please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if there's anything else we can do for you or if you require more detailed information!
nikolaia
8/9/17

Badoo automaticly turn on a service when you buy credits, that if you go under 200 credits it will just charge youre credit card for a full pack of 550 credits.. WTF ????
I was useing a service to get more votes, and it cost 100 credit. I then bought a small credit pack to get 550 credits, unaware and not promted at any $#*!ing point, that now everytime my credits would be under 200, it would automaticly charge my card.

I have tryied to a get a refund for this scammy scammy scammy method, but not only was I denied this, The support also clearly lie and say that my credit was under 50, and that is why the auto- service kicked in.

That is not true! I want my refund, and we are taking legal actions against this scammy way of not telling the user, when real money is being used.

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi there!

We're sorry you've had this experience with us.

Please contact us on any of our social media profiles and we'll see what we can do for you. In any case, you can turn off Auto Top-up, go to your 'Payment Settings' in your 'Settings' menu and there you'll see the option to turn off Auto Top-up.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
amberf27
8/8/17

Yes I am very annoyed I was charged 15.75 euro from my bank account just to put a sticker in a message to someone. That's absolutely scandalous

Response from Manel M., Badoo Representative
Hi Amber!

This doesn't sound right, please contact us on any of our social media profiles and we'll look into this for you. Our stickers are definitely not that expensive!

We look forward to hearing from you.
1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi stranger (don't know what ur name is :) Lot off factors that can help you if someone's profile is not fake .check the pictures closely .is there a time lapse ?? Means do all pictures look diff .if yes means they are being picked up from Internet or someone's profile .second if you are chatting with them then ask them to send u a picuture of them doing a certain action like for eg I wouldask u hey I want you to send me a pictures in which you are touching ur eyebrow or standing under a wall clock .if the profile is fake they won't send and come up with all diff excuses if they are genuine they will do it.. Rest you can always ask questions which are open ended and remember if some one is lying he won't be able to remember it for long if u ask him the same questions later .rest it's upto ur wisdom

By Gajendra R.

NO. It means the person has JUST been connected (disconnected few minutes ago). RED means offline. GREEN means online.

By Marco L.

Hi there! Coloured dots inside your connections menu indicate the online status of the user. Please see explanation below: Green dot: The user is now online Orange dot: The user was recently online If your messages stay on 'Delivered' it's probably because your friend hasn't been online and therefore has not had the chance to receive them. However, if you believe there is some kind of technical issue, please get in touch with us via Twitter (www.twitter.com/badoohelp) or Facebook (www.facebook.com/badoohelp) and we'll look into this for you.

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep]

Hi Gunal! We work hard to keep a database of high quality real users, and our moderation team works 24/7 to spot any malicious profiles. Most of our users are really who they say they are! However, if you're still suspicious, we urge you to use the reporting feature to notify our moderators about a potential fake profile. Additionally, Badoo is completely free to use. We do have some additional features to increase your popularity, but they are totally optional. We hope this helps, but please do not hesitate to get in touch if otherwise!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep]

Hi Lamorn! Thank you for getting in touch with us. Super Powers operate on a subscription-basis. The method to cancel it will depend on the method you used to purchase them in the first place. Could you send us a message including the email address linked to your profile to any of our social media profiles (www.twitter.com/badoohelp or www.facebook.com/badoohelp)? We'll be able to send you the correct instructions to cancel the subscription once we have this information. We hope this helps!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep]

Hi Dean! We are sorry to hear that someone created a fake profile with your details and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Please could you send us a private message with the link to the profile? You can find this by visiting the profile on a desktop computer and copying the URL at the top of the window. If you have found this profile via Google, please send us the link to the results. For example: Stephanie Smith, Female, 26 | London, United Kingdom | Badoo www.badoo.com/en/02746395978/ You can send this on a private message to any of our social media accounts and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep]

Hi there! Thanks for your message! Were sorry youre having trouble logging on to Badoo. You can restore your password by visiting www.badoo.com/forgot and following the simple instructions. An email will then be sent to you to restore your password. If you can't find the email, please be sure to check your spam and junk folders. If you registered through Facebook, please use the email address attached to your Facebook profile. Please let us know if you are still experiencing any issues or require any further assistance!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep]

Hi Joe! Thank you for your message. We're unaware of any major issues with phone verification at the moment. If you're experiencing any issues, please get in touch with us via any of our social media channels (links in description) and we will solve this as soon as possible. In any case, we really appreciate your feedback and I will relay it onto our developers to ensure that everything is up and running. Thank you for using Badoo!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep]

Hi Nadia! Thank you for your message. We're sorry you've had this experience with us. We do have an option to import your pictures from Facebook when signing up. However, we'll never pull these without your permission, this will only happen if you link your Facebook accounts. Please get in touch if you need help on how to delete these and we'll be happy to help!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep]

Hi Serena! Thank you for your message. It looks like you're using an outdated version of our app. Can you confirm which version are you using and for what device? Also, would you mind sending us a private message, either here or on any of our social media profiles, including the email address linked to your account? In the meantime, you can always use our website version, simply log into www.badoo.com We hope this helps!

By Manel M. [Badoo Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Badoo staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Badoo