Review of Nextdoor

Tel: +1-415-488-5949
feedback@nextdoor.com

denisej90
6/26/19

Very one sided opinions, bias, bullies will stop any opinion that does not match their own political or otherwise

sandraa222
6/25/19

I enjoy Nextdoor very much and find it helpful when searching for good people to contract with. The daily conversations regarding our town and neighborhoods is greatly appreciated

eileenb109
6/25/19

I enjoy Next Door because it enables me to connect with my community. I also enjoy the ability to post items for sale, and to see what others are selling or needing that I might have to donate. And I like reading others' thoughts on topics of neighborhood interest.

carolynb368
6/25/19

I enjoy reading about the concerns of people near me. I would like to learn more, like how to access services. I have never been able to figure it out and the HELP stuff doesn't help me.

jennyp109
6/24/19

I wouldn't recommend signing up for this company even if there was money in it for you or my life depended on it. For the staff that works there and isn't sure what "PUBLIC SHAMING" is: Public shaming is a judicial punishment imposed on a convicted criminal that includes humiliation in public instead of imprisonment. I didn't humiliate the woman I posted a video of. She humiliated herself IN PUBLIC! AND THREATENED MY KID - recording him and saying she wished she had her gun. THIS ALL TOOK PLACE AT AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. I never ONCE said anything negative about this woman... I asked for the public's assistance in locating her to report her to the police. People should know who they are living next to and you guys are CLEARLY hiding it with your lame "terms of service excuse". And they sell your information... so clearly, privacy isn't a concern of theirs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2K-fOURRPU

Tip for consumers: Don't fall for the scam and sign up. This company doesn't give a crap about you or your privacy or safety.

jamesg970
6/24/19

Nextdoor only allows open and free communication as long as you are only posting about kittens and puppies and rainbows. If you delve into difficult community issues such as a corrupt police department (like in Franklin Park Borough, PA), your posts will be taken down and you will be banned from the service. It only takes one complaint and your post will be removed. Even if the other nieghbors appreciate the information and give positive reviews. Nextdoor is a typical weak social media site. They prefer to remove and harm the poster of the information, rather than the complainer. Welcome to social media censorship. It's not very social.

markp646
6/22/19

I use Nextdoor to get recommendations and to respond to other's requests for information. It is a good resource for input from others on various topics. One aspect I do not like is not knowing why a thread is removed. At least leave in its place the reason it was removed and maybe who removed it. I would like to be able to create a group which includes neighbors from other neighborhoods besides my own.

carolk256
6/22/19

I READ IT DAILY WHEN I CHECK MY MAIL--I LIKE HAVING REVIEWS FROM MY NEIGHBORS REGARDING GOODS OR SERVICES

alexanderc126
6/19/19

someone is stalking me on this website taking pictures of my car when im home and posting my license. this is absolutely not cool.

cathieg8
6/18/19

I appreciate the Nextdoor site because it keeps me informed on little and big things regarding my neighborhood. If there is a topic I do not have interest in, I can easily ignore it. If there is a topic I am very interested in, I can follow it for as long as I like and turn off notifications when I am ready. Thank you for the site - I think it is wonderful!

vj23
6/18/19

I enjoyed Nextdoor 5*'s until recently. I have notices arriving in my "inbox" which I find disturbing. Everything used to show up in my "Social" folder. Why the change? This is disturbing.

lindag710
6/18/19

I have been on this listserve for several years and am mostly happy with the content. I've learned so much from my neighbors who generously share their experiences, concerns and referrals. The referrals alone are worth the time to be involved. And I love how everyone goes above and beyond to help the many lost and found animals. Every once in a while someone gets hostile, but usually the group responses will help tone things down. I applaud the listserve organizers for helping to make this such a helpful and easy way to stay connected.

maryc898
6/18/19

It keeps me up on what's happening in the neighborhood, what to look out for, how to claim lost animals, etc.

alanl175
6/17/19

We at Stonewater Creek use Nextdoor frequently. I, as the admin, have had serious problems with getting proper support for map maintenance. We are a growing community with new sections being added every couple of years. As an IT professional this is a great concern to me and as the founder, lead and admin for my community the map should reflect properly. It hasn't for the new areas being developed. I've also offered to help if given the access to do so.

olap7
6/17/19

Nextdoor is a great resource for neighborhood alerts, items for sale, homes for sale, lost pets and general information. I like that you can scan categories to find the answers from previous postings.

richardh720
6/17/19

I view and sometimes comment,where it might be helpful on my wife's site. Whenever I put something out there,it is usually received being very helpful. However. I do find it disrespectful & unkind when somebody thinks they are clowns when making those kind of remarks when someone is actually reaching out to their neighbors for help & these "knuckleheads" have to add a stupid remark & delay the person seeking help for a special need. The old saying; "if you don't have anything nice to say ______". Fill in the blank.

stephaniek183
6/16/19

Nextdoor is convenient way to communicate with neighbors. I like the ability to select your own neighborhood. Filter out others.

aaronp125
6/16/19

Okay, so if you need a plumber might be an option, but if you're interested in talking about anything difficult, like say trash in public places, or aggressive drivers, forget it. Just a feel good place for another software company to sell your data, and for entrepreneurs to look for their next marketing opportunity.

cathyh169
6/16/19

I love Nextdoor. It's great for neighbor notifications, referrals, posting events & items for sale.

johnl1359
6/16/19

When I went through the sign up process, they wanted permission to access my contact list. Of course I refused. The only way they can pay for their servers, infrastructure, and employees is by either selling ads or by selling user information. My bet is on information.

wandas146
6/15/19

Nextdoor is great for communication in our area. The increase presence of ads is Annoying! I wish there was a way to reward the businesses when they receive positive fair reviews such that they would actively pursue that praise. Users could rely on ratings; businesses receive word of mouth recommends and ND s volume grows.

roannel1
6/15/19

I am very pleased with Nextdoor as it keeps me updated on what's going on in our neighborhoods. I acquired two delightful kittens because of Nextdoor. I hear about events that are coming up. Sometimes the posts are not pleasant (e.g., deaths, burglaries), but keeps us aware and safety conscious.

peterr370
6/15/19

I like being able to know what is happening in my immediate neighborhood. Things get posted that do not make it into the local paper, but are still quite useful to know about.
My one complaint is that the boundaries for each "neighborhood" seem arbitrary. Why not allow members to choose where they belong? Have the boundaries be adjustable based on preference and local usefulness.

thomasm797
6/15/19

For the most part, a great place to share neighborhood information, get helpful hints, and stay in touch with neighbors. You get a grouchy comment every now and then, but for the most part good old fashioned neighborly chat.

hidekos
6/15/19

Mostly, I use Nextdoor to find events of interest in my neighborhood, or to keep on top of crime reports. Occasionally, things get heated, when politics or personal values clash. I wish there were a way to limit angry speech, but I realize people are only human. I don't like getting follow-up notices for every thread I've thanked or commented on; I wish you'd remove that feature.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

A note to Randy. Free speech is guaranteed to all Americans - except on websites. Nextdoor is one of the worst! My wife and I are 'banned for life' for speaking the truth about issues such as our HOA. The president of our HOA stated that my wife is a liar and I should stop trying to be relevant - on Nextdoor. This president is also a convicted felon. The main lead, Ben, is conflicted in his identity and demands acceptance. If he doesn't get it, he bans people. His co-lead, Kira, racially profiled some teenagers in the neighborhood, saying they were looking for a car to steal. She said one of them said he had a gun, then, in another post, showed her nephew a gun. In a third post, she stated the teenager "pulled a gun". Shortly after I called her on this, I was remove from Nextdoor. Another co-lead, Brian, called my wife the "meanest person he has ever met". I'm told that Brian's religion teaches him that women are less than men. She was removed from Nextdoor shortly thereafter. I complained to Nextdoor through their website. After the second try to receive fair treatment, I was then ignored by Theresa at Nextdoor. My heart is not broken. I will still insist on free speech. And, I no longer have to deal with the nasty people on Nextdoor.com. Nextdoor should have a closer look at the kind of people they let represent themselves as leads. Suppression of free speech is a basic tenet of fascism!

By Bill B.

Forget about nextdoor and leads. Get a life, a real one. Don't waste your time with toxic online communities that tend to get the worst out of people. My advise is run away while you still have some dignity left.

By Nikoleta M.

Depending on whether it is the complainer or it is the offending Lead who is Gordon Strouse's favored winner, Nextdoor will either scold the complainer for violating the "always assume best intentions" rule or they will scold the Lead for "removing a message just because you don't like it". Nextdoor does not follow their own rules, which by the way, are so disorganized that they're word salad. Nextdoor has over 50k neighborhoods, and yet Gordon himself always intercepts and answers my emails to help@nextdoor.com. Last year when I was still Lead, Gordon also suspended my account, and a friends, and ORDERED us to demonstrate hacking the website. We refused, so he crippled our accounts and ordered us to get permission to do anything. Nextdoor then handed our group directly to the HOA which we existed to be an alternative! tinyurl com/seized-by-hoa

By Kevin L.

Facebook. You can make it a private group if you chose. It's working so much better and no vitriol. Everyone in the group agrees when ever there is solicitation the post is deleted.

By Frank C.

Because they can. There is no oversight of the "Leads" which means they can do whatever they want regardless of the rules. That's why I rated nextdoor a one and deactivated my account with them.

By Allisa P.

Several other reviewers on this site have had the same thing happen to them. We have been fully banned from nextdoor (beyond just "suspension"), but they keep our profiles, and sometimes our names still appear in the neighbor registry. They refuse to remove us fully, I suppose, in an attempt to misrepresent our endorsement and participation there. It's clearly unethical, but their TOS states that they can do this, as any nd apologist will point out.

By Chad V.

I think there is a lot of potential for Nextdoor; but, presently I think the 1 1/2 star rating is really stretching it. The moderators control everything. The Customer service always take up for them, no matter what they are doing Bascially, the site is run by a lot of people who are not qualified to do that kind of work, abuse the personal information that everyone is forced to give to them, they don't know the guidelines they are to go by and they abuse like crazy. If htey don't like you, they delete all of your post. They can lie and even send you nasty threats which happened in my case, and no one can do anything about it. Many topics start off helpful and often turn into a lot of people arguing and a lot of bad feelings amonng member. Member Pricacy is BAD. Make sure to read the policy and don't post anything personal that you do not have to. They need professionals who know their job and have good diplomatic skills. Many of their moderators seem to love deisplaying power over others and treating them in a very demeaning manner. My moderator treated me so trashy that it made me sick. The private filth she sent to me was never controlled by any overseers, so I left. From what I have read it is a big ego trip for a lot of uncouth moderators who make people unfortable since they know our home addresses. I got so it made me feel very degraded and unsafe.

By Wanda J.

Nextdoor wants your full legal name, house number and address and your email address that they link all together. As an added bonus... They have a little map that you can click on. That way if, OMG, you offend someone the little map leads them straight to your house. Run, do not walk, away from this site. No good comes from Nextdoor.

By PA t.

OPM (Other People's Money) $106 million in fact. No one has proved they are data-mining but a new member signing up is asked for interests and other information that gives ample justification for concern. The simple fact they have earned an "F" rating by their own San Francisco Better Business Bureau and have refuted nothing there or here, says a lot.

By David J.

here's a tidy answer from corporate..... Hi Colleen, Thanks for getting back to me. Our Community Guidelines prohibit posting about Lead activity on the main newsfeed. If your Leads are inactivate and youre concerned about moderation in your neighborhood, you should reach out directly to Nextdoor Support. If you have any specific concerns I can help you with at this time, please let me know. Best, Amanda Nextdoor however, the minute you alert corporate to issues with leads in your community you'll find your account terminated. They are very protective of the information surrounding who really is controlling the activities on the boards. Most people in my community are under the misguided impression that corporate is in control. They don't even consider it is their neighbor who sits in judgement.

By colleen x.
Questions? Get answers from the Nextdoor staff and other customers.

Nextdoor?