Review of Nextdoor

Tel: +1-415-488-5949
feedback@nextdoor.com

leilaa10
1/21/19

I am more scared of my neighbors than strangers. They engage in organized community harrassment. If you are a minority or in any way vulnerable please watch out . My neighbors have used these apps to harrass and mob those who they want to drive out of their neighborhood

davek195
1/18/19

There was a question on Nextdoor about the plastic bag ban in NY by Cuomo. There was some 30+ responses and as soon as I typed "Cuomo" in the message. I was flagged. The lead said it was political.... duh. The initial post was about a political move by Cuomo. Don't use Nextdoor. It's a joke. They have garage sales and what not but it's all garbage. If you want to live in a happy bubble... go right ahead.

shannons234
1/14/19

Censorship, data mining and don't care about their mission. They say no local businesses can sell or advertise yet they allow big box stores with 15k a month invested on their feed. Question a policy and they removed you. They also don't keep info private and spam you.

aleciar3
1/13/19

I have a mice issue and contacted Atlanta Outsourced Pest Control. I spoke with Steven and he came by that same evening at 6:30 which is not usual most company's won't come out after business hours.

He was professional, knowledgeable and put my mind at ease. He went above and beyond and came back the next afternoon to monitor the situation. I contacted him today (Sunday) after a few more "catches" and he was responsive.

I recommend Atlanta Outsourced Pest Control for any issues you have with insects and rodents.

lisad580
1/13/19

The nextdoor app needs to be monitored for content. Although, they do give you a false sense of security by listing "Leads" that apparently are responsible for monitoring the content, it seems to be only a smoke screen. They do nothing to stop cyber bullying and when I complained, I was simply ignored. The promote people calling others a "Piece of $#*!" and ignore my request for asking people to be more kind. I was called a horrible names because I politely asked for people to display kindness and stop the bullying. Go figure...

sarahf240
1/10/19

Impossible to enter a phone number for a review because it doesn't like them. They will send a postcard for verification what antiquated app crappe is this. But they will accept my credit card. This is b.s.

publicr1
1/9/19

If your nextdoor.com account was disabled by a control-freak lead (FOR ANY REASON), email complaints to these two |diots.

Omar (Omoron) Farmer: support(at)nextdoor.com
Sarah Friar (CEO) sarah(at)nextdoor.com.

candacer32
1/9/19

There person that deleted me for defending myself i hope you go $#*! your self conservative $#*!. Not sure if they have a pussy or $#*! hard to tell . they seem real pussified

michellew362
1/7/19

I put a warning up on next-door about the character that was running everybody off the road finally had an encounter with him and gave up his license number and color of the car to the sheriff he actually replied on my post incriminating himself and then had the gall to report me and they removed me because they said I was bashing a neighbor. Ha, they're not worth the time or the effort the leads have no common sense whatsoever it seems like they delete everything that you want to post up there that's good for the neighborhood.

shannonb321
1/6/19

Completely controlled by snooty, conservative brats. I'm glad to be rid of it. My posts were deleted despite the fact that I never threatened, used profanity or anything else. Now I find that I can't log in. I requested to be added to the board over a month ago and was summarily ignored. STEER CLEAR. I wish I could go back to the days when I was blissfully unaware of how atrocious some of my neighbors really are.

savannahd13
1/5/19

Terrible. Plenty of fake posts and people who actually get all riled up easily over made up stuff that I guess is meant to be jokes.... if you point something out, or disagree youre just banned. If you are a real person this isnt for you. Terrible set up.

sathishk21
1/5/19

Nextdoor is completely biased toward anyone opposing Mega housing and they work closely with builders and developers, they intentionally remove de-activate the accounts with lame excuses. Completely unprofessional. You are better off using Whatsapp or Google groups.

edj62
1/5/19

Last 4th of July I posted a patriotic, pro police, pro fire fighter thread to thank our local hero's. It triggered some anti American leftists and the moderator, who was also a left wing lunatic closed my account. This company is made up of ex Google socialists out of San Francisco California. I think you are getting the picture. If you love America and patriots as I do., you may want to stay clear of Nextdoor.

martham192
1/4/19

Cancel.Cancel.Cancel...A big waste of time! Deleted a post of mine without any response as to why. A website such as this should not even call it a business they are only looking out for their personal interests only! Do not subscribe..."Nextdoor" is a waste of your time!!!

lw199
1/4/19

Local corporation used to promote own business but answered as an individual. Went on to promote business vs answering simple question. SELF promotion of business vs being informational.

Small town expanding suburb: This business wants only positive reviews, but wants revenue from growth.

When I listed a con about the company (all businesses have pros and cons), gosh beware of the "locals" who have supported this near monopoly for decades. It was the "popular" crowd then coming to the rescue of the "high school prom queen".

One doesn't get true objective information.

I ended up getting more frustrated because others didn't get the point of a different perspective.

If this is a way for businesses to promote themselves under "general" section, why stay?

Business thanks those with positive comments, but ignored cons. Good thing they are a near monopoly. Otherwise, they wouldn't be in business.

lg119
1/2/19

A TOTAL WASTE OF CASH & EMPTY PROMISES---> Don't give signing up w/Nextdoor another though-it does not work!!! A 72% price increase (without notice) in 2019 AND you are unable post any of your listings.

na69
12/31/18

Do yourself a favor and don't even think about advertising with this company. They increased one of my zipcodes advertising rate from $30 to $336 per month without my approval. Plus, the open house posts NEVER worked.

migdiac1
12/25/18

Nextdoor is nothing more or less than a vigilante website to keep everyone at bay. You post anything at your own risk, so it's a risk to your life. In Glendale, Nextdoor is a toady to the city of Glendale cartel and to organized crime.

raymonda50
12/25/18

I wrote a post making neighbors aware of two Hispanic teens repeatedly walking through the neighborhood. Then two people complained of it being vague. I explained why I put it out. Possible casing neighborhood. Never seen those boys. Ever.
Well post was removed because they said my post was vague.i repo fed to email and then they deactivated my account. After I responded. I explained again maybe they should have read the post and the neighbors who appreciated my post and encouraged me to keep making people aware. Some thanked me also.
I feel that that Nextdoor app employee didn't like that I responded to the email they sent in disagreement. To me that's unprofessional.that employee turned it into a personal issue. And use THIER position to take revenge .

videttel
12/24/18

If they do not like your opinion they block your access, limit your first amendment rights . Extremely abusive app that silences people, and silences them during critical emergencies. We must stop using this App, it's controlled by tyrants.

caroln105
12/24/18

No one will unsubscribe from your end and the links don't work for the never-ending emails I get from you. I just want to be done with this.

kinal
12/22/18

I received an email from Nextdoor informing me that they've deactivated my account because I am not using my "real" name and that for it to be re-activated I'll need to fax them a government issued form of identification. Isn't that crazy! I've been using a shorter version of my long last name on social media for a number of reasons and one of them being the preservation of what's left of my privacy.
I have been using Nextdoor for a few years now and have found the site quite useful to sell or donate some of my used household items, to add new members to my neighborhood, to find a lost neighbor's pet, to follow stories of an injured rescued coyote, to receive alerts regarding robberies and prowlers, to get recommendations on various service contractors, and to stay informed about our neighborhood events and news in general.
I've been living in my neighborhood for almost 20 years and own my house and for Nextdoor to demand that I disclose my full last name to continue to be a member seems like "big brother is watching me".
I do not recommend Nextdoor to anyone wanting to preserve their privacy. Why do they need the exact spelling of name unless they sell our information to third party corporations?

ce52
12/21/18

I deleted today bc one of the "leads" as she calls herself went off on a nice old lady that had commented about how well these people watched after her dog and recommend them. The lead started in on her being rude and Condescending thing she was not allowed to advertise for a business even though she wasn't and that she needed to check her guidelines that she was sick of people doing that. I read the guidelines and saw where you are not to be rude to anyone for their personal beliefs and leave politics off. This same lead was attacking everyone during the midterm elections saying if they didn't vote for beto they were dumbasses and racist. Anyway I thanked the lady for her Recommendation because we were looking for a dog watcher. The lead Named Melody pelof in Amarillo tx, private message me getting rude and smug asking if I needed help reading guidelines . Basically trying to bully anyone and thin through them if it wasn't in line with their agenda . Told em if they wanted to run it like Facebook they can shove it!

paulm1043
12/19/18

There are multiple reasons to stay away:
1) not really a neighborhood site. You get news about lost dogs from 30 or so miles away.
2) Lots of random posts about events with no info. ex: "yardsale this weekend in the neighborhood. But since it covers a huge area, you have no idea where
3) Politics. A neighbor started posting these longwinded stories that were essentially political copy-pastas ending with numbers to donate and join the resistance. I reported it as spam and was immediately attacked by the "neighborhood lead". It seems they have a deal with the local DNC. It escalated until threats were made and I quit the site. Now I know how creepy my neighbors are, and they know where I live.

zaks17
12/18/18

It's a great social media platform for busybodies and retirees whose kids don't visit them to complain to each other about the time they saw a minority walk past their house.

The reason, I think next-door can suck becuase of the absolute authority of trolls to censor. The leads can be.drunk with power to control community conversations by banning certain speech. It my neighborhood it has been taken over by loser politicians that are trying to regain power. The arbitrary authority plays into the worst impulses of human nature to control.others. next-door could address this with a like and dislike buttons instead of anonmyous flags which is used by angry people who object to certain speech. It can be very uncivil.

By Stephen N.

Depending on whether it is the complainer or it is the offending Lead who is Gordon Strouse's favored winner, Nextdoor will either scold the complainer for violating the "always assume best intentions" rule or they will scold the Lead for "removing a message just because you don't like it". Nextdoor does not follow their own rules, which by the way, are so disorganized that they're word salad. Nextdoor has over 50k neighborhoods, and yet Gordon himself always intercepts and answers my emails to help@nextdoor.com. Last year when I was still Lead, Gordon also suspended my account, and a friends, and ORDERED us to demonstrate hacking the website. We refused, so he crippled our accounts and ordered us to get permission to do anything. Nextdoor then handed our group directly to the HOA which we existed to be an alternative! tinyurl com/seized-by-hoa

By Kevin L.

Because they can. There is no oversight of the "Leads" which means they can do whatever they want regardless of the rules. That's why I rated nextdoor a one and deactivated my account with them.

By Allisa P.

It's tough fighting a lead on a power trip. And Nextdoor corporate doesn't seem to be interested about customer satisfaction. At the time I was on Nextdoor, many participants recommended different topic categories such as politics ... never happened. Either the lead didn't know how to create another category or simply didn't care and preferred to be the "executioner." I think it was the latter.

By BILL R.

I think there is a lot of potential for Nextdoor; but, presently I think the 1 1/2 star rating is really stretching it. The moderators control everything. The Customer service always take up for them, no matter what they are doing Bascially, the site is run by a lot of people who are not qualified to do that kind of work, abuse the personal information that everyone is forced to give to them, they don't know the guidelines they are to go by and they abuse like crazy. If htey don't like you, they delete all of your post. They can lie and even send you nasty threats which happened in my case, and no one can do anything about it. Many topics start off helpful and often turn into a lot of people arguing and a lot of bad feelings amonng member. Member Pricacy is BAD. Make sure to read the policy and don't post anything personal that you do not have to. They need professionals who know their job and have good diplomatic skills. Many of their moderators seem to love deisplaying power over others and treating them in a very demeaning manner. My moderator treated me so trashy that it made me sick. The private filth she sent to me was never controlled by any overseers, so I left. From what I have read it is a big ego trip for a lot of uncouth moderators who make people unfortable since they know our home addresses. I got so it made me feel very degraded and unsafe.

By Wanda J.

Several other reviewers on this site have had the same thing happen to them. We have been fully banned from nextdoor (beyond just "suspension"), but they keep our profiles, and sometimes our names still appear in the neighbor registry. They refuse to remove us fully, I suppose, in an attempt to misrepresent our endorsement and participation there. It's clearly unethical, but their TOS states that they can do this, as any nd apologist will point out.

By Chad V.

Facebook. You can make it a private group if you chose. It's working so much better and no vitriol. Everyone in the group agrees when ever there is solicitation the post is deleted.

By Frank C.

OPM (Other People's Money) $106 million in fact. No one has proved they are data-mining but a new member signing up is asked for interests and other information that gives ample justification for concern. The simple fact they have earned an "F" rating by their own San Francisco Better Business Bureau and have refuted nothing there or here, says a lot.

By David J.

Michelle S. nailed it. Even worse, my own PRIVATE communications as a long time and current Nextdoor Lead was sent to a disruptive member by Gordon Strause, Nextdoor’s Director of Neighborhood Operations. So much for the bull crap "Privacy" policy. Nextdoor is about one thing and only one thing: recruiting membership for it's flat, unappealing and old-school message board right out of the 1980's at all costs. Well, with millions in OPM (Other People's Money) for advertising a lie that is. "Shysters" is probably too kind a word to describe this San Francisco based crew. 90% of what we do with our officers who cannot join in the area they patrol is done behind the scenes with crime victims and GOOD member who really want to see solutions not dribble or hype. You don't see Nextoor here refuting anything, right?

By David J.

Providers? Web Beacon? Sounding like a hacked account or robot generated internet junk.

By JP V.
Questions? Get answers from the Nextdoor staff and other customers.

Nextdoor?