Twitch

2017 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Twitch has a consumer rating of 3.59 stars from 44 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Twitch ranks 11th among Videos sites.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Twitch?

“Great content, but too bad older streams are deleted.”

Anthony B.
8/18/20

It's really great, there's a great variety of content! However, I'm kinda disappointed that older streams are getting deleted. We can never see them again, what a shame!

“Streaming the riots?”

Johners M.
6/22/20

I used Twitch for a couple of months during lockdown. Things were ok, I noticed some dodgy stuff in 'Just Chatting' but overall it helped me with lockdown boredom and I even tipped some streamers. Then George Floyd was murdered and the world went nuts. I completely support the protests 100%, but the riots sickened me. And then I saw the riots streamed live on twitch, with TWITCH streamers eating snacks and shouting support for the riots. Meanwhile business's are burned and so on. Twitch has a disgusting business model and I hope Mixer leaves them in the dust.

video games (3)
eugenej42
August 9th, 2020
There are so many live streamers on this website it's incredible. They have also monetized it so people that stream can have a source of income. There's nothing like it.
anthonyb837
August 18th, 2020
michaeld952
February 7th, 2019
Twitch allows people who like video games like myself to make some money from playing them along with forming great communities in the process. I strongly recommend trying it out. I also like the bit donation feature as it allows you to support your favorite streamer. As eSports develops into a bigger industry I think that Twitch is amazing. Also, the twitch prime rewards are great too! P.S. Go check out twitch.tv/squatingdog
denisb260
November 17th, 2020
I have sent numerous emails and have i have not recieved feedback on my payout. This is unacceptable as you are sitting with my funds and ignoring my emails. I want my money asap! Your service is very unprofessional. I have not had a issue before but this year i have not been able to get my funds. I had to redo the registration 2x and still no response. Have this issue remedied before the end of this week.
stphenm
April 20th, 2019
I love TWITCH but--
Often viewers will stop and look to see what a streamer is showing via the short videos they produce and upload. Twitch has taken this away from the new streamer with the requirement that you must have partner or affiliate status before they can upload videos to Twitch. Twitch please give back the Video Upload feature to the new Streamers!
jamesg743
October 23rd, 2018
This site provides (probably) one of the best ways to stream in a large, more interactive way than other sites. (such as YT) Plus, thanks to the application I can actually have an easier way to enhance my gaming experience without having to worry about certain mod installations (namely Minecraft).
codyp33
November 27th, 2018
As an active duty military member working all sorts of hours, I normally drink 5-6 monsters a day. Once I get home I start playing BO4 with friends all around the world. Gfuel allows me to be able to do that without the crash. I was watching Foxygranpayt on twitch and he was drinking it. Told me about it so I figured I would try it. I stopped drinking monsters and I feel great. I've even got my brother and another Navy vet to give it a try.
johnersm
June 22nd, 2020
damnedn
April 18th, 2020
Filled with garbage people who make a living off sitting on their lazy arses, Any girl can be naked as long as they paint their body? Ight let your children watch that, Also if you have an account you cant log in?
axish1
June 6th, 2020
Twitch does not have a healthy community. Data mining and data mining affiliated relations plague the really well formatted website. Toxic, etc... I am sure this place could be the best thing since sliced bread.
andym142
January 2nd, 2018
Good place if you like to check out a video game without buying, but the chat on some streams are very often very offensive to new users...
autumnm27
July 24th, 2019
My boyfriend and I spend maybe boring weekends watching Fortnite steamers on Twitch. I think the idea of it is absolutely amazing! Of course, I have my favorite streamers that I watch almost everytime they stream and it gives me endless hours of entertainment (S/O to Hamlinz, Daequan, Nick Mercs, High Distortion, and Dakotaz). Anyway, I refuse to put my card on my account anywhere. Although I'd absolutely love to support some of my favorite streamers, I've gotten countless emails about my account being hacked somewhere in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, or other 3rd world countries. Therefore, I don't trust putting money anywhere near my account. I've been gifted a few subs which is fine by me, but as far as putting you card onto your account, I wouldn't. So, in case some streamers are wondering why the subs are dwindling, not subbing anymore, or why they have so little subs, you may want to contact Twitch about their hacking issues. If they can fix that, Hamlinz will most definitely be my first sub!
caseyw66
November 4th, 2018
Twitch has improved a lot in the last few years. It has become a lot easier to look for some oddly specific subjects thanks to the new community features and keyword filtering. Its definitely not just for gaming anymore.
krishnad14
August 6th, 2020
I watch KiddNation channel every day and get so frustrated because while they are talking it constantly freezes or starts buffering so I miss what they are saying! It happens ALOT! And it's not my internet connection. I don't have this problem on any other sites and am literally sitting on top of my modem!
lr75
January 23rd, 2018
I don't browse for certain games/media being streamed (which you can do) but I'm able to watch my favorite people (artists, gamers, and friends) do what they do in the comfort of their home or working space, live or past broadcast. The delay is fairly minimal for me, but then there's the occasional invasive ad playing in the middle of the streams. So you could be missing out on something important, which is a little bothersome. Depending on the popularity of the streamer, chat can get a little hectic as well, but you can opt out of chat if you like. Setting up a stream was simple enough last I tried it, and of course they offer a few more options to get your stream going. I'm not sure what the standard is for those options, but so far, it all works pretty well for me.

Tip for consumers: Refresh browser to combat lag, never leave browser if you want chat updated (on mobile) haha

danb473
October 23rd, 2018
Good platform to watch others stream their gameplay or stream it yourself. Amazing opportunities to support your favorite players or gather a community if you're streami ng yourself.
terryb132
July 12th, 2017
My gameplay of multiple games has improved since I started watching streams in Twitch. There are a lot of pro players who are willing to help you
joshuah188
August 8th, 2019
This platform has been so corrupted lately, I wouldn't recommend this place if you're trying to start your own streaming channel because simply is not well balanced for new creators, the moderators don't care about you
koralf
October 17th, 2017
In fact the service is not only about games, its some times interesting conversations with people from all over the world and can even be a bit educating. On the other hand - lots of hate. Welcome
elec26
May 22nd, 2017
As a viewer, I have greatly enjoyed Twitch. The content is diverse, the layout is practical and interacting with streamers is effortless and lots of fun. However, the game ban policy is pretty arbitrary and unusually stiff for a flexible industry. *Cough* Yandere Sim *cough*

The site made conscious efforts to ban streamers who used sex appeal as the main focus of their show and now values quality content creators through many little gimmicks, some more successful than others. Getting monetization as a streamer is about as difficult as it is on Youtube from what I've heard and policy changes can be destabilizing if you're intending to stream. Some technical difficulties have been reported for audio delay and frame rate. As a viewer, no issues at all! But as a streamer, minor roadblocks lie ahead.
dickl22
July 28th, 2018
Has long has this dam thing is there...
I have been turning around every single time i been tempted to stream...
Has a male with 18000+ hours of livestream...
Having my Lifetime follower count be beaten by normal cute girls in 10h of streams
Is already one thing. But thats the virgins fault...
But being ashamed of streaming on a gaming platform that restrict nudity in games yet allows amouranth to not only parade half naked but to promote her nudes on patreon...
On top of using LIVE in her video titles which Counts has misleading title which id mostly get banned for even having no viewers huuuh...
I was warned once for forgetting to switch game quick enough when i had 1viewer in 18h... i mean wtf... i reported amouranth 20+ times with perfectly taken screenshot of her breaking atleast 6 tos in 1 single stream. Yet noooope
Shes a disgrace to women in general. Id be butt fkin big burly mans if they were all like this braud
Shes single handedly ruined my streaming career has i lose interest every single time...
And please lets not forget at night there is fat males in IRL dancing topless...
So i even accepted getting beaten by male boobs... yet her... her... NOPE
They are Biased, Hyprocrits and Twitch is so overrated...
Look carefully 80% of its viewers comes from OFF twitch.
These celebrities are only using the platform.
So it is creative this image of false hopes for smaller people with no social media's
liveme.com has 20xtimes more people then twitch...
And its only midlife crysis women begging for follows 3-4hours a day...
Thats where she belongs.
And anyways. I seen people with 50k viewers there on a daily basis. So shes dumb has fk to stay on twitch with nerdy broke kids with a top of 3k... that pedo
airiesm
October 23rd, 2019
I waited months for a response to my email of which I wrote in great detail what I needed help with only for them to ask "What can I help you with?" So I waited another couple of months for a response then every response I got was them twisting my words around and being rude. I ask a question about bits and the response I got was irrelevant to what I ask. The ignorant person then replied in caps as if to yell at me "BITS AREN'T GUARANTEED" or something. Completely unprofessional and not remotely what I was asking about. I see you're more likely to get hired nowadays if you have an attitude in comparison to being a capable person.
raulw9
June 13th, 2017
Now the Twitch is giving up a little bit because of YouTube, but for me it still remains the preferred platform because of its community and chat features.
kyleb82
March 17th, 2017
Twitch is a fun community, filled to the brim with entertaining gamers, artists, musicians, and even more. But in reality the only reason I got Twitch in the first place was to watch EVO 2016 lol:^)
jeremyl172
June 4th, 2019
After my account was hacked and money was stolen, I reached out to twitch support. After about a week no replies were in my inbox and the problem was not solved.

Tip for consumers: Do not attach payment methods as the security is very weak.

Mixer is like Twitch, I have no real experience with them though.

By Johners M.

It is a legit company. Why would you think otherwise?

By Michael D.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Twitch staff and other customers.

Twitch is the world? ۪s leading social video platform and community for gamers

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Twitch?

Have a question about Twitch?