Twitch

Trustpilot
1.7 / 5
Better Business Bureau
1.1 / 5

Twitch has a consumer rating of 3.26 stars from 61 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Twitch ranks 13th among Videos sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 22.2%

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Twitch?

“Great content, but too bad older streams are deleted.”

Anthony B.
8/18/20

It's really great, there's a great variety of content! However, I'm kinda disappointed that older streams are getting deleted. We can never see them again, what a shame!

“Love the content creators but twitch is to hung up on advertisements”

sander G.
9/8/21

Lately you watch almost as much advertisements as content of a streamer, they pluage the vieuwers that want to watch new streamers, if you dont pay subscription on all the channels you will be bombed by advertisements. Its a shame really add were for helping people get known, but today you get only a handfull of advertisements over and over and over again. Its become obnoxious really i hate the companies that advertise now

video games (3)
johnersm
June 22nd, 2020

I used Twitch for a couple of months during lockdown. Things were ok, I noticed some dodgy stuff in 'Just Chatting' but overall it helped me with lockdown boredom and I even tipped some streamers.
Then George Floyd was murdered and the world went nuts. I completely support the protests 100%, but the riots sickened me. And then I saw the riots streamed live on twitch, with TWITCH streamers eating snacks and shouting support for the riots. Meanwhile business's are burned and so on.
Twitch has a disgusting business model and I hope Mixer leaves them in the dust.

joaunc
February 4th, 2021

Trash site finding new ways to take money that creators get and put it in their own pockets. Absolutely atrocious. Absolutely not recommended for anyone that cares about the well being of the people they are watching. Do not spend any money, unless you are giving it directly to the streamer.

sanderg10
September 8th, 2021

cristinad77
July 21st, 2021

Twitch was great years ago but over time they just have been going downhill. There are a lot of people who don't even stream games on their platform. There are people who just sit their in a bathtub and just talk for hours about how pathetic their lives are [people actually view this stuff]. How does this relate to gaming? You have people who stream sitting in a bikini while asking people for money. How does this relate to gaming? What's the point of having a Terms of Service? What happened with Twitch?

Tip for consumers:
Twitch doesn't enforce their Terms of Service.

damnedn
April 18th, 2020

Filled with garbage people who make a living off sitting on their lazy arses, Any girl can be naked as long as they paint their body? Ight let your children watch that, Also if you have an account you cant log in?

mayh64
December 22nd, 2020

Let's be short and blunt here, save you time and tell you exactly as it is.

Twitch's customer service is complete and utter trash incapable of handling a ticket, doing it at a decent time, and still marking the "unresolved ticket" as "resolved." Even when the ticket exposes simple or obvious and unnecessary bugs on their website, it is just brushed off and marked resolved. They are just persistent and continuous problems ignored by twitch while customer service continues to do absolutely nothing to inform their IT, if they even have that department.

Tip for consumers:
Consider Youtube for content creation. I regret starting with twitch when I have a lot more accessibility, algorithms in support of smaller streamers and general subscribers on youtube.

Products used:
Streaming service for content creators.

denisb260
November 17th, 2020

I have sent numerous emails and have i have not recieved feedback on my payout. This is unacceptable as you are sitting with my funds and ignoring my emails. I want my money asap! Your service is very unprofessional. I have not had a issue before but this year i have not been able to get my funds. I had to redo the registration 2x and still no response. Have this issue remedied before the end of this week.

stphenm
April 20th, 2019

I love TWITCH but--
Often viewers will stop and look to see what a streamer is showing via the short videos they produce and upload. Twitch has taken this away from the new streamer with the requirement that you must have partner or affiliate status before they can upload videos to Twitch. Twitch please give back the Video Upload feature to the new Streamers!

joshw387
April 21st, 2022

I was joined twitch in few 3 months of June ago and I was being lied and being hated and I was disgusted when the streamers treated me like crap and I bet twitch community hates towards autism and I was lied and deceived aka betrayed heart broken and I was being ignored IGNORED by those awful streamers and I been so much hated on twitch and I got banned from those streamers

Tip for consumers:
Don’t joined twitch community because it’s brings towards people with autism

autumnm27
July 24th, 2019

My boyfriend and I spend maybe boring weekends watching Fortnite steamers on Twitch. I think the idea of it is absolutely amazing! Of course, I have my favorite streamers that I watch almost everytime they stream and it gives me endless hours of entertainment (S/O to Hamlinz, Daequan, Nick Mercs, High Distortion, and Dakotaz). Anyway, I refuse to put my card on my account anywhere. Although I'd absolutely love to support some of my favorite streamers, I've gotten countless emails about my account being hacked somewhere in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, or other 3rd world countries. Therefore, I don't trust putting money anywhere near my account. I've been gifted a few subs which is fine by me, but as far as putting you card onto your account, I wouldn't. So, in case some streamers are wondering why the subs are dwindling, not subbing anymore, or why they have so little subs, you may want to contact Twitch about their hacking issues. If they can fix that, Hamlinz will most definitely be my first sub!

fredw327
February 10th, 2022

This is the dumbest app ever made, somehow my account isnt on their anymore, cant make a new one says i make the account too fast like what kind of app wont let you make an account because you created it too quickly… such a stupid company who just wastes peoples time.

axish1
June 6th, 2020

Twitch does not have a healthy community. Data mining and data mining affiliated relations plague the really well formatted website. Toxic, etc... I am sure this place could be the best thing since sliced bread.

bluew8
October 17th, 2021

I lost $45. Like three month in unvolunteered month i only signup for one month and than charge me $20 for only for one month but i not sub to the channel they took my money and ran with it. 4.99 more like $20 for a sub but i not sub to the channel lease make me a sub to the channel

erics2428
April 5th, 2022

This is a community where the police are 13yo boys. What could be worse. An extremely toxic place...

krishnad14
August 6th, 2020

I watch KiddNation channel every day and get so frustrated because while they are talking it constantly freezes or starts buffering so I miss what they are saying! It happens ALOT! And it's not my internet connection. I don't have this problem on any other sites and am literally sitting on top of my modem!

anthonyb837
August 18th, 2020

isisb9
April 23rd, 2021

Literally they do the stupidest thing on their twitch channel... their channels have EXTREME partial nudity. Taylor_Jevaux (her twitch channel name) literally does exercise in A GOSH DARN BUNNY COSTUME and twitch isnt doing anything about it. Amouranth (her twitch channel name) is literally rating skimpy bikini's live on cam. Taylor_Jevaux and Amouranth are clearly looking for attention because most women wouldn't do this. You Twitch, your community guidelines says stuff about partial nudity and suggestive sexual. But you Twitch, arent doing anything about it :/

ering218
January 8th, 2021

Untrustable, can't keep connected, keep getting bumbed off and frozen, too many pop ups. Not satisfying chat not user friendly and part of the supresseion of free speech.,

baiess
June 23rd, 2021

PERILS OF GOING ON TWITCH

Hello all,

I am doing this review as a warning to all of the perils and danger of following streamers on twitch and am writing this as a concerned parent with the hope that no one else will get taken like we did.

My son in his early twentys is an avid gamer and spends most of free time playing COD (call of duty) online and is very naive and gullible and he has always had money management issues. His personality is that he has always been a very generous and giving person willing to help anyone. This whole nightmare started when he got steered and lured by other gamers online to this popular attractive female streamer who also plays COD online. Eventually after being invited to visit and chat with her on TWITCH they developed some type of a relationship online. Over the course of about 3 months my son had donated roughly over 40K via TWITCH and amazon gifts to this attractive streamer that he was enamored with. He essentially got cleaned out and is now so financially strapped that he cannot even pay his credit card payments nor make his truck payments. We had to step in and make these payments for him as he had essentially gave away all his money to this streamer. I was devastated and in shock when I started investigating on what happened to his finances. The money that was lost was meant for his future and a nest egg for a downpayment on a house for him.

Now I am mostly a non-judgmental person and. Have no qualms on what a person does for a living but a good decent person with a soul would have stopped the donations once it reached a $1000 which in itself is a lot of money but to encourage the donations and gifts to keeping coming to the point where it exceeded over $40,000 is just insane, greedy and evil in my opinion. Now my son is lot to blame but he was so taken by this female streamer it was like he was enchanted or hypnotised by her. At the time he was in a rough spot and was down and depressed. She said all the right things to him that he wanted to hear and he basically does not have much social skills with girls.

Our entire family has been turned upside and traumatized by this entire situation and we all feel that my son had been manipulated and victimized. After we had found out and my son realized the gravity and graveness of him giving away all of his money he contacted this female streamer and asked if could get his money back or a least a part of it so that he would not be destitute. Not surprisingly her answer was a NO and retorted that there are no refunds as stipulated in Twitch.
I am now considering legal action as no one should be allowed to get away with this and destroying other peoples lives.

joshuah188
August 8th, 2019

This platform has been so corrupted lately, I wouldn't recommend this place if you're trying to start your own streaming channel because simply is not well balanced for new creators, the moderators don't care about you

airiesm
October 23rd, 2019

I waited months for a response to my email of which I wrote in great detail what I needed help with only for them to ask "What can I help you with?" So I waited another couple of months for a response then every response I got was them twisting my words around and being rude. I ask a question about bits and the response I got was irrelevant to what I ask. The ignorant person then replied in caps as if to yell at me "BITS AREN'T GUARANTEED" or something. Completely unprofessional and not remotely what I was asking about. I see you're more likely to get hired nowadays if you have an attitude in comparison to being a capable person.

jeremyl172
June 4th, 2019

After my account was hacked and money was stolen, I reached out to twitch support. After about a week no replies were in my inbox and the problem was not solved.

Tip for consumers:
Do not attach payment methods as the security is very weak.

Products used:
Bits.

chelig
May 11th, 2019

Do not do it! I've called to cancel it 7 times since January, and I'm still getting charged to my card. Predatory company. Stay away!

patriciah175
October 30th, 2017

I do not have an account with twitch nor have I even heard of twitch and I get a call from my bank telling me that twitch has charged my account 32 times in one day for $1.40. Can not get this handled because they don't have a number you can call. I am very upset. It fraud!..

dickl22
July 28th, 2018

Has long has this dam thing is there...
I have been turning around every single time i been tempted to stream...
Has a male with 18000+ hours of livestream...
Having my Lifetime follower count be beaten by normal cute girls in 10h of streams
Is already one thing. But thats the virgins fault...
But being ashamed of streaming on a gaming platform that restrict nudity in games yet allows amouranth to not only parade half naked but to promote her nudes on patreon...
On top of using LIVE in her video titles which Counts has misleading title which id mostly get banned for even having no viewers huuuh...
I was warned once for forgetting to switch game quick enough when i had 1viewer in 18h... i mean wtf... i reported amouranth 20+ times with perfectly taken screenshot of her breaking atleast 6 tos in 1 single stream. Yet noooope
Shes a disgrace to women in general. Id be butt fkin big burly mans if they were all like this braud
Shes single handedly ruined my streaming career has i lose interest every single time...
And please lets not forget at night there is fat males in IRL dancing topless...
So i even accepted getting beaten by male boobs... yet her... her... NOPE
They are Biased, Hyprocrits and Twitch is so overrated...
Look carefully 80% of its viewers comes from OFF twitch.
These celebrities are only using the platform.
So it is creative this image of false hopes for smaller people with no social media's
liveme.com has 20xtimes more people then twitch...
And its only midlife crysis women begging for follows 3-4hours a day...
Thats where she belongs.
And anyways. I seen people with 50k viewers there on a daily basis. So shes dumb has fk to stay on twitch with nerdy broke kids with a top of 3k... that pedo

Mixer is like Twitch, I have no real experience with them though.

By Johners M.

It is a legit company. Why would you think otherwise?

By Michael D.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Twitch staff and other customers.

Twitch is the world? ۪s leading social video platform and community for gamers

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Twitch?

Have a question about Twitch?