Twitch

2017 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

Twitch has a consumer rating of 3.46 stars from 52 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Twitch ranks 13th among Videos sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 41.7%

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate Twitch?

“Great content, but too bad older streams are deleted.”

Anthony B.
8/18/20

It's really great, there's a great variety of content! However, I'm kinda disappointed that older streams are getting deleted. We can never see them again, what a shame!

“Streaming the riots?”

Johners M.
6/22/20

I used Twitch for a couple of months during lockdown. Things were ok, I noticed some dodgy stuff in 'Just Chatting' but overall it helped me with lockdown boredom and I even tipped some streamers. Then George Floyd was murdered and the world went nuts. I completely support the protests 100%, but the riots sickened me. And then I saw the riots streamed live on twitch, with TWITCH streamers eating snacks and shouting support for the riots. Meanwhile business's are burned and so on. Twitch has a disgusting business model and I hope Mixer leaves them in the dust.

video games (3)
johnersm
June 22nd, 2020

joaunc
February 4th, 2021

Trash site finding new ways to take money that creators get and put it in their own pockets. Absolutely atrocious. Absolutely not recommended for anyone that cares about the well being of the people they are watching. Do not spend any money, unless you are giving it directly to the streamer.

denisb260
November 17th, 2020

I have sent numerous emails and have i have not recieved feedback on my payout. This is unacceptable as you are sitting with my funds and ignoring my emails. I want my money asap! Your service is very unprofessional. I have not had a issue before but this year i have not been able to get my funds. I had to redo the registration 2x and still no response. Have this issue remedied before the end of this week.

damnedn
April 18th, 2020

Filled with garbage people who make a living off sitting on their lazy arses, Any girl can be naked as long as they paint their body? Ight let your children watch that, Also if you have an account you cant log in?

kolsonk
April 1st, 2021

This website is sooooo good it works so well and I love it. This website is my go to website now. Yay

mayh64
December 22nd, 2020

Let's be short and blunt here, save you time and tell you exactly as it is.

Twitch's customer service is complete and utter trash incapable of handling a ticket, doing it at a decent time, and still marking the "unresolved ticket" as "resolved." Even when the ticket exposes simple or obvious and unnecessary bugs on their website, it is just brushed off and marked resolved. They are just persistent and continuous problems ignored by twitch while customer service continues to do absolutely nothing to inform their IT, if they even have that department.

Either they do have an IT department, or the same nerdy simps are working IT and customer service as they are handing out loads of money to streamers just because they reveal excessive cleavage (besides their mothers) as they stroke themselves pretending the streamers actually care (like their mothers).

Although saying those facts which all streamers and viewers inevitably must deal with when reaching the twitch website and dealing with their customer service, it is not all blamed on the incompetence of their employees, but a trickle down effect of pure stupidity that began from a CEO who needed to resign long ago.

isisb9
April 23rd, 2021

Literally they do the stupidest thing on their twitch channel... their channels have EXTREME partial nudity. Taylor_Jevaux (her twitch channel name) literally does exercise in A GOSH DARN BUNNY COSTUME and twitch isnt doing anything about it. Amouranth (her twitch channel name) is literally rating skimpy bikini's live on cam. Taylor_Jevaux and Amouranth are clearly looking for attention because most women wouldn't do this. You Twitch, your community guidelines says stuff about partial nudity and suggestive sexual. But you Twitch, arent doing anything about it :/

anthonyb837
August 18th, 2020

ering218
January 8th, 2021

Untrustable, can't keep connected, keep getting bumbed off and frozen, too many pop ups. Not satisfying chat not user friendly and part of the supresseion of free speech.,

airiesm
October 23rd, 2019

I waited months for a response to my email of which I wrote in great detail what I needed help with only for them to ask "What can I help you with?" So I waited another couple of months for a response then every response I got was them twisting my words around and being rude. I ask a question about bits and the response I got was irrelevant to what I ask. The ignorant person then replied in caps as if to yell at me "BITS AREN'T GUARANTEED" or something. Completely unprofessional and not remotely what I was asking about. I see you're more likely to get hired nowadays if you have an attitude in comparison to being a capable person.

nathant169
April 11th, 2021

I just want to say that I love this company. Its flavors are great, and selection is even greater. The support it gives to gamers is amazing, and I cant be more proud to say that I will always support GFUEL! GAME ON!

jamesg743
October 23rd, 2018

This site provides (probably) one of the best ways to stream in a large, more interactive way than other sites. (such as YT) Plus, thanks to the application I can actually have an easier way to enhance my gaming experience without having to worry about certain mod installations (namely Minecraft).

eugenej42
August 9th, 2020

There are so many live streamers on this website it's incredible. They have also monetized it so people that stream can have a source of income. There's nothing like it.

jeremyl172
June 4th, 2019

After my account was hacked and money was stolen, I reached out to twitch support. After about a week no replies were in my inbox and the problem was not solved.

Tip for consumers:
Do not attach payment methods as the security is very weak.

Products used:
Bits.

chelig
May 11th, 2019

Do not do it! I've called to cancel it 7 times since January, and I'm still getting charged to my card. Predatory company. Stay away!

michaeld952
February 7th, 2019

Twitch allows people who like video games like myself to make some money from playing them along with forming great communities in the process. I strongly recommend trying it out. I also like the bit donation feature as it allows you to support your favorite streamer. As eSports develops into a bigger industry I think that Twitch is amazing. Also, the twitch prime rewards are great too! P.S. Go check out twitch.tv/squatingdog

stphenm
April 20th, 2019

I love TWITCH but--
Often viewers will stop and look to see what a streamer is showing via the short videos they produce and upload. Twitch has taken this away from the new streamer with the requirement that you must have partner or affiliate status before they can upload videos to Twitch. Twitch please give back the Video Upload feature to the new Streamers!

patriciah175
October 30th, 2017

I do not have an account with twitch nor have I even heard of twitch and I get a call from my bank telling me that twitch has charged my account 32 times in one day for $1.40. Can not get this handled because they don't have a number you can call. I am very upset. It fraud!..

autumnm27
July 24th, 2019

My boyfriend and I spend maybe boring weekends watching Fortnite steamers on Twitch. I think the idea of it is absolutely amazing! Of course, I have my favorite streamers that I watch almost everytime they stream and it gives me endless hours of entertainment (S/O to Hamlinz, Daequan, Nick Mercs, High Distortion, and Dakotaz). Anyway, I refuse to put my card on my account anywhere. Although I'd absolutely love to support some of my favorite streamers, I've gotten countless emails about my account being hacked somewhere in Iraq, Saudi Arabia, or other 3rd world countries. Therefore, I don't trust putting money anywhere near my account. I've been gifted a few subs which is fine by me, but as far as putting you card onto your account, I wouldn't. So, in case some streamers are wondering why the subs are dwindling, not subbing anymore, or why they have so little subs, you may want to contact Twitch about their hacking issues. If they can fix that, Hamlinz will most definitely be my first sub!

happys1
March 24th, 2013

Very bad customer service they just added a new feature to were the people who are getting paid by them get screwed over. If you have a subcribe button or run ads for your own channel they can now buy a feature that makes it not show up on everypage. Basicly what this is coming down to is that people are just ganna turn ad blocker on 24/7 and no one that gets paid to stream will be gaining anything. From what i hear the pay is very low also even if you can pull a number of 800-1800 people u would have to run ads every 1 mins just to make a decent amount. So as far as this site go's it started out great but the new feature is horrible.

codyp33
November 27th, 2018

As an active duty military member working all sorts of hours, I normally drink 5-6 monsters a day. Once I get home I start playing BO4 with friends all around the world. Gfuel allows me to be able to do that without the crash. I was watching Foxygranpayt on twitch and he was drinking it. Told me about it so I figured I would try it. I stopped drinking monsters and I feel great. I've even got my brother and another Navy vet to give it a try.

andym142
January 2nd, 2018

Good place if you like to check out a video game without buying, but the chat on some streams are very often very offensive to new users...

caseyw66
November 4th, 2018

Twitch has improved a lot in the last few years. It has become a lot easier to look for some oddly specific subjects thanks to the new community features and keyword filtering. Its definitely not just for gaming anymore.

danb473
October 23rd, 2018

Good platform to watch others stream their gameplay or stream it yourself. Amazing opportunities to support your favorite players or gather a community if you're streami ng yourself.

terryb132
July 12th, 2017

My gameplay of multiple games has improved since I started watching streams in Twitch. There are a lot of pro players who are willing to help you

Mixer is like Twitch, I have no real experience with them though.

By Johners M.

It is a legit company. Why would you think otherwise?

By Michael D.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Twitch staff and other customers.

Twitch is the world? ۪s leading social video platform and community for gamers

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Twitch?

Have a question about Twitch?