Review of Hulu

support@hulu.com
2017 Customer choice award

brittanyb131
2/15/19

Although Hulu has wonderful TV shows I cannot watch any of them because every couple of seconds the show starts to load. Or it says connectivity problem and there's no way to get out of it but quit. I pay $100 a month on my internet alone and my router is in the very next room there should be no freaking reason that this is happening this is the only app that happens on and it's so infuriating. I will be canceling my subscription ASAP what a joke of a company!! Don't waste your money

josephd398
2/11/19

sigh up for free month,they charged my bank for month same day,told them to cancel when month ran out they canceled it right away cost $9.00 for 1 day stay away from them

midorib
2/6/19

Will never use Hulu again. Don't trust them! Shady business practices! Signed up for the big Black Friday $0.99/month for 12 months deal just over 2 months ago & decided to add the 7-day free Hulu Live trial only to be told when we decided against keeping the Hulu Live that we could no longer keep the deal we were on & had to pay full price. WHAT A SCAM!! So you're actually punished for trying out an added upgrade if you don't keep it. The woman I spoke to said she understood my frustration but just basically kept saying over & over again that it was their policy as if reading from a script. Management is AWFUL. Asked to speak to a manager twice, both times put on hold only to be told they would not come to the phone. Wow. I will never be back and will make sure I let anyone and everyone know about the scam they're running. Couldn't afford their big deal they offered so now they've found a way to SCAM people out of it. Horrible business practice. Will be sticking with Netflix & Prime.

tomr324
2/3/19

Went through three customer service reps. No supervisor was present to handle my complaint of poor customer service. I felt like I was talked down to by the reps representing Hulu. They follow scripts which restricts them to getting to problem sooner. I asked the last rep to have her supervisor call when he or she gets in because they do not work at night. I am still waiting of the supervisor's call eight hours later. Don't waste your money with Hulu. I went back with YouTube TV.

nataljep
1/31/19

Jesus mf Christ, this has to be the worst mf $#*! I have ever used AND PAID MONEY FOR. You $#*!s are scammers. Jeez I mean no one can figure this stupid $#*! site out!!! I just have the biggest need to tell you how bad it is your like a Walmart vagisil compared to the real $#*!. You suck your like bing vs google, you mfn suck. I mean your like Hulu vs Netflix!!!!!!! Gtg ttyl

kd131
1/30/19

You can't personalize. You can't review really BAD movies. I CURRENTLY enjoy all 3 NETFLIX, HULU & PRIME. You have to ask yourself if you want current stuff, more CURRENT TV Movies (Hulu) or BIGGER movie/TV SERIES Options (Netflix), or just broad overall option but limited with FREE Amazon shipping(Prime). Prime rocks if you order from them a lot plus you can access your blue ray.

nancyn117
1/28/19

I signed up for Hulu several months ago and have really enjoyed it. I have live TV with no commercials. Thought the price was fair, but not any more. I might as well go back and sign up for cable tv. With the price increase, Hulu and Internet are back up to $120 - 140 monthly. So what's the purpose? Hulu is limiting me to 50 hours recording...cable has no limit. I think they lowered there base product just to grow customers, that might then be tempted to switch to Live tv. But this may backfire on them in the long run. I can see their live tv subscribers starting to look for an alternative now. I know I am. This is just a sad situation. All about the money...so what else is new....

briannar25
1/27/19

Our service was outstanding he not only helped us but he went beyond that and gave us a 2 week extension on our monthly payment His name is Raymond ask for him !!! Give him a raise !!!

idas27
1/24/19

I have Hulu movies package. To tell you the truth I got Hulu special offer doing the holidays which offers a $1.00 for a year and the movies they have on there sucks. I barely watch the dam thing. I'm checking out Amazon free movies they show better 100 percent movies than Hulu and Netflix is better than Hulu. The only thing wrong with Netflix is you have the same movie, you barely get updates. So over all Hulu really sucks with selection of movies they show. I don't even watch the dam thing Hope they get better. Hulu try showing some of the movies prime video show, and you would great.

farahf15
1/23/19

Surprise! Hulu has begun to jump on the bandwagon of price hikes. Signed up for Hulu + Live TV package for $39.99/month in July 2018 and just got an email saying they'll be raising it to $44.99/month. Absolutely absurd! It hasn't even been a year that I'm with them and they're already raising the rates. The entire point of switching to Hulu was to save $ but they seem to be going in the same direction as the larger companies. I called and spoke to a "supervisor" named Kenya whom sounded like she was 18 years old and had no no customer service skills at all. She basically said the reason for the price change was because they've added a lot of channels over the years. Ummm, all those channels were already there when I signed up. She couldn't help me and basically said it's my choice if I want to switch. Hulu is becoming a scam! Searching around for alternative options right away.

stevea316
1/23/19

I received this from Hulu today:

"We're reaching out to let you know that the price of your Hulu (No Ads) + Live TV plan will increase from $43.99/month to $50.99/month on Tuesday, February 26, 2019."

So you know, that's a 16% hike. It's so ridiculous I'll be canceling my account.

kameshaf
1/21/19

Although, you have to pay more to binge watch with no commercials, but its totally worth it! Hulu has ALL of my favs to binge watch such as Grownish, How to Get Away with Murder, Killing Eve, Gordon Ramsey and America's Got Talent, just to name a few. These shows are streaming new seasons RIGHT NOW! Hulu has came a LONG way the past few years. I definitely prefer Hulu over Netflix anyday.

raneea
1/21/19

I tried hulu here and there and I found it not to be all that great. They have most of the videos locked for the gold membership plan and if you don't have on you have to wait 1-2 weeks before you can even watch it. By then the video is posted on every other website thus defeating the purpose of pay me to watch or I'll deny you access.

Save your self the money and do not go into a hulu monthly contract.

jeannak3
1/11/19

I would much rather Netflix over Hulu anyday, at least when you search for a movie or show on Netflix the results will show what you CAN watch instead... Upgrade to a plan that's more than double your current price and then, only then are you able to watch Hulu's shows that are on your screen. Unfortunately this does not even work, they want you to pay over $30.00 on top of your original payment - and you still can't watch what you may be looking for. In my opinion DON NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT pay anything for Hulu, they are the full definition of a SCAM!!

lisaj316
1/10/19

Hulu screwed me over. I tried to cancel my account twice, and both times it didn't go through. They charged me anyway and overdrafted my account twice. When I tried to have them compensate me for the charges, they refunded only one month and told me I was screwed for my overdraft fees that wouldn't have happened if Hulu hadn't messed up. I hate Hulu and want everyone to know that they can't be trusted.

starseedb
1/8/19

I subscribed to Hulu and was highly disappointed by the lack of accecablitiy to their supposed wide range of movies and tv shows. This in addition to the site crashing to the point of being unusable! I canceled my subscription a month ago and they took out a payment for a month of service that was not provided.

nlvv
12/30/18

My account with Hulu was hacked after I cancelled my account some months ago and these 10 folks got it going again ... and have been using it illegally. ... I have password security. Never gave my password out to anyone. I'm from WYOMING NOT LA but they refused to give my money back and charged me for future use even though NOT using. Reporting to my bank and negative reviews for Hulu every place I can place them to warn folks not safe and not cooperative when hacked. Terrible! Find another streaming service.

hollieh22
12/25/18

I have an Amazon firestick and Hulu is the only tv service that I have an issue with. Netflix, Sling, YouTube TV and every other app I have work great. Hulu is constantly freezing, has issues with playback and I consistently have to uninstall and reinstall. If something does not improve soon I will be canceling my subscription.

adamh244
12/24/18

i've had hulu for one and a half years now and i would not recommend this site maybe the only reason i'm keeping it is because some shows i can't get on netflicks. some of the older tv shows will skip through frames fast in spirts or if i am watching for a time hulu will just exit all on it's own without me doing anything. as a fact all shows i watch sometimes the picture will speed up the go back to normal frames .i checked to see if it was my tv but it isn't. and in order for me to watch movies i like i have to upgrade to a more expensive package. hulu sucks and the only reason i have it is because it came with my phone pakage. get your app straightened out already

kmaco
12/23/18

some shows i wanted to watch, but way too many ads for price and not that much original content. compared to netflix i would say not a good value

pattys127
12/18/18

I pay $43 for no commercials /advertisements it's a lie I get maybe a hand full with no commercials/advertisements and it doesn't matter what station or tv show yes I'm Angry I gave it a 3 only because as of now it's cheaper than dish

deandreh9
12/12/18

I think it is very misleading that we pay for the no commercial plan and yet STILL get advertisements! When I called about it because it doesn't make sense to me to pay extra for no commercials and to still have a ton of advertisements the customer service rep was quite irritating to deal with, and just informed me that we have to pay an Additional $15 to not have commercials?

deannar53
12/6/18

I have had Hulu for many years. I started out with their free PC service but when I started paying for it to use on other devices that's when the issues started. I get connections errors, loading errors or its just not working all the time and when you call into have them fixed they blame it on you or the device you are using when it is very clearly an issue with their service. If you enjoy throwing money away, go ahead and get Hulu but if you value your money and your sanity just use Netflix or some other streaming service.

hopeb39
12/6/18

1.You can choose another streaming source, but if you have a HULU subscription, it takes an act of dark magic to get HULU not to override your choice. HULU is not good enough on it's own to pull the cable plug, limited program choices, 99.5% of which you could watch commercial free on other streaming networks for Free. The reason to have HULU is for handful of shows other streaming networks don't have. The movie choices at HULU is extremely limited compared to Prime and Netflix. I just spent 15 minutes forcing HULU off so I could watch a show in Prime, because that particular show is not free on HULU. DEAR HULU, YOU CHARGE SUBSCRIPTIONS SO STOP CHARGING PER EPISODE OR SEASON FOR MORE THAN HALF YOU LINE UP, then you'll be a streaming service worth the subscription price.

erict200
12/3/18

Just got the free 2 month trial and I hate Hulu already, not nearly as good as my Netf or Am Prime....adds, buffering problems, horrible interface content is blahh, I will not pay for it!!

225 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Not worth it since they updated their interface into an unusable mess. Customer service is awful, stay far away.

By glenn h.

No. Free OTA TV is better than HULU because with an amplified antenna Free TV actually works!

By Ronald B.

You don't need a fancy smart TV or an App. Hook up your computer or laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable. Set your TV INPUT to HDMI (go to your tv menu, find the input, and select HDMI 1 or 2... whichever port your cable is plugged into). Turn on your computer, log into internet, go to www.hulu.com, sign in, and you're in business. Cool tip: get a wireless keyboard and mouse and you're surfing the web from comfort of your couch. I watch Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, shop online, go on Facebook and email... all from my couch on the big screen :)

By Jenn S.

I have 65mb down and I don't have any trouble at all. I think you only need 12mb to stream their highest quality. That could be a complicated answer. It may be your router, or wireless device. That's where you should start looking. Contact Comcast and have them help you trouble shoot. I know my provider has that service.

By David K.

I have similar speeds, about 50 Mbps, but don't have any issue with streaming shows smoothly on HULU. I watch streaming shows directly off my computer, which is connected to my TV via an HDMI cable, essentially works like a big monitor. I connect my computer to internet, and log into www.hulu.com. Works fine. I travel a bit and I also watch shows over hotel WiFi on my laptop, which surely have much slower speeds. I'm not sure why some people have issues at such high connection speeds. IMO, HULU is worth it IF they have the shows available that you want to watch. HULU doesn't have right to many shows. Or you have to pay extra like for HBO.

By Jenn S.

Never heard of that, maybe its was advertising for the HBO service you can add on or for their ad-free options which they do not have a free trial of. But they dont charge for their regularshows

By Dani S.

You can use a wii.. a playstation 3, a ruku box.. I have also used my computer and a svga monitor cable to use the laptop to put it right to the tv. You can use google chrome cast also.. the monitor cable works awesome because you can watch utube on your tv too.. tons of movies on there as well.. hope this helps.. I can answer a little better if you have any more questions

By lisa m.

Good luck with that. They are crooks. If you like the British, Canadian and Australian things, Acorn is a terrific deal. I am not affiliated with anybody.

By Gail V.

If you could provide more info on what/how you're getting Netflix on your TV, are you using a media streaming device (like a Roku, AppleTV, "SmartTV" or a WiFi connected BluRay, the apps are already preloaded on most devices. You can go online and set up an account with Roku and add over 1000 channels from their Channel Store. 90% are free for the watching.

By Christopher Q.

Yes, if you have the live TV subscription. The user interface requires a little getting used to but I have had none of the streaming, buffering issues that others report.

By Vincent W.
Questions? Get answers from the Hulu staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Hulu