Review of Hulu

huludomains@hulu.com
2017 Customer choice award

buckj5
2/15/18

Hulu freezes after watching a couple of episodes. I have to exit Hulu and then re-open it for it to work. NONE, I mean NONE of my other apps do that. I have extremely fast internet and fantastic NEW router. It ONLY happens on Hulu. I am going to cancel as soon as I get Netflix loaded in.

And yes, I have done all of that "generic" stuff that is described on the internet. (Un-install, reboot, etc.....) Don't waste my time telling me to unplug, etc.... I have done ALL of that 50 times!!!!

I am using Roku on 4 different TV's, and 2 of the TV's are Roku Tv's, and 2 TV's use Roku Streaming Sticks. And YES, I have contacted Roku Support on many occasions.

I see hundreds and hundreds of people on the internet having the same problem, and all any of us get, are the "generic" responses from the support books they give you.

Netflix, here I come!!!!

tiffanyb94
2/14/18

Hulu has not been working correctly to begin with and now somehow all my information is no longer attached to my account and it looks as if I cancelled my service, which I did not do, along with the fact that I also can not use the gift card I got as a Christmas gift. When I tried to chat with Hulu to fix this problem my wait time went from 1 minute to 30 minutes. Good thing I have Amazon Prime and Netflix. I will NEVER use Hulu again!!!

stephaniec177
2/13/18

Only 2 TV's can watch Hulu in one household & only ONE tv can watch it live. The only way my youngest can watch Mickey mouse is in my room!? There's no Paw Patrol (nickelodeons current cash cow) but they have Rugrats & Doug. Cartoons for my kids in THIS era would be nice, because TV is mainly for children. Id rather pay $100 for cable then waste $40 on Hulu.

feralg
2/13/18

I keep getting ads on my Hulu feed, for add-ons such as HBO or Hulu Live. i spend hours trying to get them to work, I spend hours waiting to get through to support. After months of being charged for service I never got, I find put those service are not compatible with my Roku device. Hulu's reponse? A $12 credit. For so many wasted hours. When I asked them not to send me ads I could not use, they said they had no way of knowing what would work for me. yet my device is registered with them. So they do know what device I use. Very unhappy with the several hours it takes to get through to support. And unhappy with the support people who do not know about the compatibility issues.

kaseyr3
2/8/18

We just paid to get hulu live and the short of it is, it doesn't work. At all. I even called hulu today to figure out how to get to the live tv and was told that they are having issues with it and there is no estimated time it will be fixed. Im not sure what we paid $40. When I asked if it would be fixed for the Olympics tomorrow, the customer service women said she had no idea. So we will be canceling that subscription and looking for another option ASAP. Sorry, hulu. But don't offer a service if you cannot actually give that service.

merandas
2/5/18

I like Hulu but all the buffering
and freezing is driving me crazy. I'm trying to watch the Super Bowl and it keeps freezing. Grrrr

whitneyl13
2/4/18

HULU cuts out and reboots whether your watching a TV show a movie or the Super Bowl. We wouldn't recommend purchasing HULU unless you like constant interruptions. It's definitely not worth the money. The only time your not interrupted is during the commercials.

dumpt
2/2/18

Had many issues setting up the account, only to be very disappointed. TERRIBLE customer service, and overall hard to use! Commercials up to 90 second sometimes. NOT WORTH IT, get Netflix instead, much more user friendly.

willh55
2/1/18

I love hulu live product!!I think it is amazing and it saves me money on watching tv and moves!!It's really really easy to setup and it is affordable!!I give it the highest possible rating ever!
Will C http://www.memphis-locksmiths.com

joem316
1/30/18

If you are having problems with constant buffering try switching to microsoft edge if you have windows 10. I was using Google. I have had no problems since the switch.

markt196
1/29/18

I have never received Hulu, yet unauthorizes charges were made to my bank account, by a person or address that did match my account number! I called and was told, unfortunately, this happens all of the time. I asked the customer service rep (Michelle) why do they accept an account card that does NOT match the person requesting service. I received no response, other than...sorry! I the spoke to a supervisor (Jarrod), and all he could say that he wishes Hulu's policy was different, but they will accept a card, even though the person's identification does NOT match the card!

arianah3
1/25/18

I like the idea of Hulu because it has more options than Netflix but there are WAY TOO MANY COMMERCIALS. 7 commercial times in a one hour show is ridiculous, that's more than you even get on T.V.

kalpanav1
1/18/18

The first episode of False Flag had subtitles and then the 2 nd episode has no subtitles. Really ! This is the most inconsistent and worst streaming channel ever. If you rewind an episode you have to see ads for 1.5 minutes again, so its really difficult to go back to something if you missed a dialogue !! Dont waste your money on this service !!

tamip10
1/18/18

I had to wait 40 minutes for a customer rep and also no one would reply on their 'chat'.. I tried to cancel on line about 20 times but kept being directed to put my account on HOLD...So I was forced to make a phone call instead in order to cancel my account. I think this Company sucks..don't waste your time. Bad web site and difficult to find your way around their site.

meghanp15
1/17/18

I find it absolutely atrocious that this bull$#*! app is all about the money. I can understand one ad in an episode, but every five minutes?! Literally every five minutes theres a 90 second ad. Its very obvious that all they care for is money, not the customers who pay them money. Most of the world is poor, we need some sort of entertainment and because we cant afford or refuse to pay more money for less ads, were getting $#*!ed over. The poor get screwed again! $#*! you, Hulu! See how long you can mistreat your paying customers before you yourself are bankrupt.

andreal96
1/11/18

SCAM ALERT!I have never used Hulu before, so I was excited to try it. I recently took advantage of a 30 day free trial that was advertised on a Roku that I had just purchased. 2 weeks into my 30-day trial my credit card was debited $39 99. I tried to contact Hulu as soon as I saw the debit, but they make it impossible for you to get help! I was forced into talking to a very pushy, overseas, salesperson who was trying to sell me a $150 voucher in exchange for my credit card information and $0.95. When I told him I was not interested he wouldn't stop pushing me, when I told him I needed to speak to somebody about an issue he told me he couldn't transfer me until I paid my $0.95 to receive my $150 voucher. I repeatedly asked for a supervisor and he repeated the same phrase "once you give me your credit card information and your $0.95 I will send you your $150 voucher then I will transfer you. The sales rep ended up hanging up on me because I refuse to pay the $0.95. What kind of scam is this Hulu you stole $39.99 from me and then try to rape another $0.95 from me when I call to ask for help?! Shame on you! SCAM ALERT

minam21
1/8/18

I only get hulu when it's fall and my shows are on. I don't have cable or satellite so...this is the only way I can catch up on my shows. Sure, I gotta wait the next day for it to be uploaded, but that's ok with me. I usually get rid of it by Summer time. There isn't enough shows on there for me to keep it.

leathak
1/6/18

I love Hulu but they charged my card 40.00 for insufficient funds without my acknowledgement. I tried to chat with an agent but I never got a response. I want this resolved immediately !

liamm46
1/3/18

Most aggravating video steaming service I have ever experienced. Displays adds even though you pay 7.99 a month for it. Displays far more adds than you would ever anticipate. User interface is very confusing and unhelpful. I feel that I have completely wasted 7.99 even though that amount of money means nothing to me. Please do not cause yourself the same frustration by purchasing this service. I spent 8 dollars to raise my blood pressure significantly. Terrible service.

ajr9
12/29/17

I watched each episode of Hand Maids tale without a hitch. But, into the third season of The Strain, nothing but perpetual buffering and blackouts. Customer service wait times are in excess of 30 minutes and you're likely to be dropped from the call!!! Very frustrating and still no answers.

jennifers455
12/23/17

For years I tolerated the commercials because the had good programming, GREAT classic TV and movies and during the holidays they also had GREAT holiday movies.

The 'new' hulu has very few of the programming choices that appeal to me and my family. I just searched "Christmas Movies" and "Holiday Movies" and NOT EVEN ONE decent movie is listed, just modern GARBAGE.

When I went to their 'new' website, there was no "LOGIN" button or ANY way to login anywhere on the entire page!!!! I had to look up their phone number to call and cancel my account!!!!!!

johns2051
12/18/17

Why do they only show modern hellywood crap shows? What happened to all the old good shows? Hulu sucks!

vanj16
12/18/17

Call center person named Ayanna-GHETTO. After not being in the mood to entertain a person who was rude to begin and end with, I asked to speak to her supervisor. After waiting on the phone for an hour, Britany gets on the phone. Britany said she was from San Antonio Texas and that she is the HIGHEST PERSON AT HULU. LOL I beg to differ! Apparently Britany THINKS SHE IS THE CEO OF HULU, which surely she is NOT. Apparently role playing while on the clock at Hulu is what they get paid to do.

CUSTOMER SERVICE, MINUS RUDE GHETTO AND STORY TELLERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I would definitely NOT recommend Hulu to anyone due to the PURE IGNORANCE I experienced. My initial call was about being charged for a trial membership. Needless to say I cancelled the service and will ONLY STICK TO NETFLIX.

ATTENTION HULU CORPORATE OFFICE, PLEASE ADVICE BRITANY THAT FALSIFYING INFORMATION AND TITLE POSITIONS IS AS SICKENING AS IT GETS! MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS EXIST! BRITANNY IN SAN ANTONIO TEXAS, GET HELP! Unfortunately leading by example is what caused Ayanna to feel that it is okay to become combative with customers. NOT!!

caseyb33
12/17/17

Hulu is awful. The connection freezes all the time. I have called and called. It is common among their complaints. I have a internet connection of 150mbs.... nothing is slow for me and yet I can't stream hulu on my TV.... Ridiculous.

gabid2
12/16/17

Hulu literally took off a show I was watching and had only 2 episodes to finish. They suck and dont have all the seasons for each show Netflix is so much better they just try tricking you

224 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Not worth it since they updated their interface into an unusable mess. Customer service is awful, stay far away.

By glenn h. [Hulu Rep]

No. Free OTA TV is better than HULU because with an amplified antenna Free TV actually works!

By Ronald B. [Hulu Rep]

First you'll have to download the HULU app on your computer, laptop or tablet. You can "cast the show" from a computer, laptop and certain tablets. I use my Windows 10 Phone with no problems. OR: You'll need a "media streaming device", for example, a Roku, Apple TV or Amazon Fire Stick, or have a "Smart TV". You'll also need a good, FAST internet WiFi connection or have your router close enough to your TV for a wired connection via Ethernet. You then pick from a genre of shows that are available.

By Christopher Q. [Hulu Rep]

I have 65mb down and I don't have any trouble at all. I think you only need 12mb to stream their highest quality. That could be a complicated answer. It may be your router, or wireless device. That's where you should start looking. Contact Comcast and have them help you trouble shoot. I know my provider has that service.

By David K. [Hulu Rep]

Never heard of that, maybe its was advertising for the HBO service you can add on or for their ad-free options which they do not have a free trial of. But they dont charge for their regularshows

By Dani S. [Hulu Rep]

You can use a wii.. a playstation 3, a ruku box.. I have also used my computer and a svga monitor cable to use the laptop to put it right to the tv. You can use google chrome cast also.. the monitor cable works awesome because you can watch utube on your tv too.. tons of movies on there as well.. hope this helps.. I can answer a little better if you have any more questions

By lisa m. [Hulu Rep]

Good luck with that. They are crooks. If you like the British, Canadian and Australian things, Acorn is a terrific deal. I am not affiliated with anybody.

By Gail V. [Hulu Rep]

Don't do it. They suck massive puppy sh!t. I have a download speed of 60 Mbps, and their content still won't stream smoothly. F@ck Hulu, and BS claims they make.

By Monterey B. [Hulu Rep]

If you could provide more info on what/how you're getting Netflix on your TV, are you using a media streaming device (like a Roku, AppleTV, "SmartTV" or a WiFi connected BluRay, the apps are already preloaded on most devices. You can go online and set up an account with Roku and add over 1000 channels from their Channel Store. 90% are free for the watching.

By Christopher Q. [Hulu Rep]

Yes, if you have the live TV subscription. The user interface requires a little getting used to but I have had none of the streaming, buffering issues that others report.

By Vincent W. [Hulu Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Hulu staff and other customers.

Hulu?