Review of Hulu

huludomains@hulu.com
2017 Customer choice award

toryd5
12/9/17

The ads play perfectly fine but the show buffers like crazy. Wtf. Plus the rate is not impressive. $7.99 a month with "limited" ads and $12.99 for "hardly any" ads? It's ridiculous. That's way too much money to spend on something that just buffers every five seconds. A waste of money. If this wasn't my only way to watch How I Met Your Mother there is no way I'd still be paying for this.

whitneyw37
12/6/17

Suddenly this morning, Hulu crashes on my iPad and iPhone. I do a "live chat" with tech support and, after trying all kinds of things that don't work, they think "maybe" the problem is my IOS (9.3.5). I call on the phone and am told they no longer support any IOS older than IOS 10 and suggest I talk to Apple. I think this is the tail wagging the dog.

My suggestions:
- give advance warning IN EVERY ACCOUNT when you are going to discontinue serving an operating system.
- Hulu was already serving my operating system, continue to do so. This equipment is not that old.
- remember you are a SERVICE industry and not the only game in town. Netflix, Amazon, and all the network apps still work fine on my devices.

I cancelled my account. I can watch these same shows on the apps provided FREE by each network. It's a bit less convenient, but it's FREE.

ms488
11/20/17

My last payment was taken on the Oct 29th....now today, 20th, they took payment again! I contacted them with no help other than them saying " you were not billed twice" that was not at all what i was complaining about! I was complaining about them taking money whenever they please. I requested my money back and canceled my service completely.

Tip for consumers: AVOID!!

wesw16
11/18/17

Crooks!! I tried the days 7 free Live TV and was charged full amount of $47 thr 2nd day. Please beware of the full surcharge that will be automatically deducted from yours checking account. Crooks!! I would be better off with DirecTV R cable!!!!!!! This was a good idea but y should I pay that much and get screwed on the Trial period. I have been a cord cutter for 8 yrs now and think what they are doing is great but not at $45ish dollar's. B4 for you know it it will cost more than top line of cable. Not saying Netflix has all the Answers but the the prices is low and they are making there own Content. I loved Hulu but got "Screwed" by Their billing that partment!!!

chrish363
11/15/17

I tried Hulu live stream and it would not work in my area of Alaska. I searched the web and was able to finally find a contact number, then was on hold for no less than 20 minutes so I could speak with a live person. Hulu's website is horrible to navigate if you are simply looking for a contact number or email. Hulu cancelled my service and even sent me an email stating such, yet next month, they once again took the funds from my account. I am now on eternal hold again waiting to resolve an issue they created. If I ever had thoughts of returning to Hulu, their poor customer service, terrible website, and inept billing department helped make my choice clear. Hulu will never again have me as a customer.

moraing
11/13/17

Instead of a description about my most recent Hulu experience, here is the transcription of the chat I had with their customer service last night:

Hello, thank you for contacting Hulu. My name is Milly. How can I assist you?

Hi Milly; I processed the cancellation for my subscription and the content was ceased immediately. I was supposed to get it until November 28th.

I can definitely assist you. Before we get started, can I have your email and zip code that is listed on the account for verification.

*************@gmail.com *9*1*

Okay, I was able to get you verified, one moment while I review your account.
Due to the account cancel, once it was finalized. There is no subscription available for you to stream. The account is cancelled.

There was a note attached to my cancellation that indicated the stream would cease on the 28th. That's not for 17 days

It is no longer available

It said, "Please continue to enjoy Hulu through to November 28th..." and told me how to reestablish my account if I changed my mind.

I understand you received that but there is nothing to allow you to finish streaming, the account is cancelled

So I don't have a Hulu account at all?
I intended on revisiting Hulu with the same account every couple of months, the same way I had in the past. Is this no longer possible?

Yea you will be able to restore your account when you are ready

All the information is still stored, all I will have to do is log in and re-establish my subscription?

correct

Then it sounds to me like the account is not cancelled. I would just like have Hulu redeem the trial that was offered.

the account is cancelled however when you want to re sign up you just use the same email and set up your account and payment method and continue services
however, I can not make the cancel account uncancel to allow you days

Is there someone available that can fulfill the agreement?

as no one will, this is protocol sir.

I appreciate your time.
Have a good day

*************************************
Hulu goes from getting 60$ a year out of my pocket to 0$.

chriss640
11/12/17

Hulu works ok most of the time but when you have a big game (broncos vs. patriots) that you are watchoing and the channel goes down there is no tech support and figuring anything out is almost impossible and frustrating. Spend the money on cable or ANY OTHER SERVICE. HULU is crap

becp2
11/12/17

Ive had regular Hulu for years- dropped cable a long time ago and got Hulu live: I agree with all these posts-its horrible! We wanted it for our live local channels-right. Is its the only service available in our area to offer and here we are trying to watch the patriots game and once againthe channel service is totally and completely out! Plus, you cannot get ahold of customer service because it seems they are unavailable as well.absolutely rediculous!!!!! As soon as direct tv offers local tv in our area on their new streaming service we are canceling Hulu and going to them, so disappointed!

leac10
11/8/17

I had cancelled my subscription because I did not think the new form was user friendly. I keep getting emails to come back with a free month. I finally decided to try it again with the free month but was charged immediately. Customer service never responded to my inquire about being charged. DO NOT EVER FALL FOR THEIR SCHEMES!!!!!!!!!!!

juanitaf12
11/8/17

I thought live tv meant live, wanted to watch fox news channel and all it is is news clips, thanks for false advertising.

pollyannan
11/7/17

Weve subscribed to Hulu for several years, but are now planning on canceling, if things arent changed in the next month, or two. The new UI is horrible. I cant imagine who on Gods green earth approved this nightmare. We used to watch Hulu much more often, than any other streaming channels; but since the update, I can count on one hand how many times weve taken the time to try and even locate a show we want to watch. Its abailutely ridiculous. Its as though someone thought how can I make this completely unusable??? And went and rolled this out.
If we arent given an option to revert back to the original UI, or this catastrophe isnt fixed, Im not giving anymore of my business, or money to Hulu.

heatherk68
11/4/17

Used to love Hulu! But now after this atrocious update you can not find a series to watch without Hulu starting you on an episode of which they decide. Then to find the episode you originally wanted to watch you have to press a series of multiple buttons to find all episodes. Hulu your update is no where near user friendly. I do not like it and apparently there are plenty of others out there that feel the same. They will either need to make a change or loose me as a customer.

naim115
11/3/17

What took me 4 clicks to get to what I want now takes 8 to 10 clicks. The worst, most frustrating GUI available on streaming and on-demand content. I was told they have no intentions of going back or changing it so I canceled my service after years of devoted watching.

jamier86
11/2/17

Hulu is a racist streaming service and if your Africa American or black be prepared to be disappointed in the hulu selections it's only for white people

timp87
10/25/17

I could not find a decent faith filled movie, there is total crap on it lots of TVMA ratings popularizing sex and death LGBT interests but nothing for a good Christian person. after DWTS is over I will more than likely cancel unless things change.

amberc67
10/25/17

I hate watching tv on Hulu. It freezes up and starts a new episode when your in the middle of the last one MULTIPLE times. It hasnt just happened once, but repeatedly throughout the whole show. Its very frustrating and has been doing it for months. The only reason we still have it is because we keep getting free months but its very aggravating to watch. Would not suggest it.

rebeccac121
10/24/17

of America you have the best tv internet out there your better then netflix and cheaper then any cable company out there yall saved me a lot of money just by using yall. yall respect your customers and yall charge one rate no more no hidden fee or anything yall are the best thing out there yall need to become a cable company and keep the price cheap so low income people that way they can watch everything on a fixed income thank you for your service

yleel
10/19/17

I got this to watch sports live. It works fine if you stay on one channel/game. If you try to switch between two games then each time you switch it makes you watch 3 minutes of commercials before you can get to the live again. This makes watching multiple live sports impossible.

wesleyb46
10/19/17

I was a die hard Hulu fan and customer for years. The rolled out their "New User Experience", claiming it was aimed at making it easier for us to find what we want to watch. The opposite happened. It takes endless scrolling, searching, browsing to find anything. There is no Live TV programming guide. Whats currently airing live is grouped in with on-demand content. I found myself watching a day old newscast due to a recording being mixed in with live. This change was too much for me to waste my time on. I cancelled my account. I will sit back and wait to see if they rework the UI to something usable. In the meantime I have Amazon prime and Netflix.

katherinel45
10/18/17

The new interface and changes are complete garbage, I dont recommend it. Sorry I just upgraded, what a joke!

verenat

Hello,
I just got off the phone with hulu customer service.
They won't reset my firestick because the hotspot has trouble maintaining my IP address. After 4 times, I can't get a 3 second fix on their side.
Hulu rep was $#*!y, tried to tell me "she can't change technology" and "it's the internet". Well, I'm over educated and don't need her pale explanation.

tylers76
10/18/17

As much as I hate to hand out a 2 star rating to any kind of service I have no choice but to give it to Hulu. If it weren't for the quality of the content I'd give it a 1 star rating.

After the app was updated to the new interface I have experience an extreme amount of lost connections while viewing Hulu programs. My Roku TV is hard-wired to my router with a download speed of 120mbps which is plenty fast enough for anything I want to watch. All ethernet ports on the router produce the same result of dropped connections with Hulu, while all other apps (Sling, Netflix, Amazon, Plex) function flwlessly. Switching ports does not make anything better or worse. Currently I am 19 minutes in to an episode of one of your original programs and it's lost connection 10 times.

Secondly, the interface is quite beautiful, but ultimately it's hard to navigate. As a fan of windows 10 and the "Metro" interface I was excited to see this revision to the app, however this is somewhat difficult to navigate. By "somewhat" I mean it's terrible. Not sure how they can fix this since I'm not an interface expert, but it needs to be done.

The biggest problem is the connection issue. Resetting the TV and reinstalling the ap fresh has made no difference.

boby23
10/17/17

Why.... why did you kill a decent interface and replace it with complete frustrating garbage. Dont subscribe to Hulu until the interface is corrected.

darinb14
10/16/17

As someone who has cut the cable and now rely on Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBOGo, and CBS All Access, I thought I should review them. I give 4 stars because I find myself watching Hulu more than the rest. It was worth it to me to spring for the no commercial version. If that wasn't extra, I'd give 5 stars. The UI is kind of lame, but the content is current and commercial free.

billm214
10/13/17

I don't have a credit card, don't want to buy a Hulu gift card for the trial period because it's $25 and if I don't like it I am stuck.
So I bought a pre-paid Visa, tried to use it, but it won't accept it. Chatted with "Nina" and she told me I can't use it because funds may not be available when it's time to auto-renew.
Gee... If only there were a way to prevent people from using their service if they don't pay...
No, they want to auto-bill you and would rather lose you as a customer than risk having you (Heaven forbid) NOT RENEW.

Idiots.

224 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Not worth it since they updated their interface into an unusable mess. Customer service is awful, stay far away.

By glenn h.

No. Free OTA TV is better than HULU because with an amplified antenna Free TV actually works!

By Ronald B.

First you'll have to download the HULU app on your computer, laptop or tablet. You can "cast the show" from a computer, laptop and certain tablets. I use my Windows 10 Phone with no problems. OR: You'll need a "media streaming device", for example, a Roku, Apple TV or Amazon Fire Stick, or have a "Smart TV". You'll also need a good, FAST internet WiFi connection or have your router close enough to your TV for a wired connection via Ethernet. You then pick from a genre of shows that are available.

By Christopher Q.

I have 65mb down and I don't have any trouble at all. I think you only need 12mb to stream their highest quality. That could be a complicated answer. It may be your router, or wireless device. That's where you should start looking. Contact Comcast and have them help you trouble shoot. I know my provider has that service.

By David K.

Never heard of that, maybe its was advertising for the HBO service you can add on or for their ad-free options which they do not have a free trial of. But they dont charge for their regularshows

By Dani S.

You can use a wii.. a playstation 3, a ruku box.. I have also used my computer and a svga monitor cable to use the laptop to put it right to the tv. You can use google chrome cast also.. the monitor cable works awesome because you can watch utube on your tv too.. tons of movies on there as well.. hope this helps.. I can answer a little better if you have any more questions

By lisa m.

Good luck with that. They are crooks. If you like the British, Canadian and Australian things, Acorn is a terrific deal. I am not affiliated with anybody.

By Gail V.

Don't do it. They suck massive puppy sh!t. I have a download speed of 60 Mbps, and their content still won't stream smoothly. F@ck Hulu, and BS claims they make.

By Monterey B.

If you could provide more info on what/how you're getting Netflix on your TV, are you using a media streaming device (like a Roku, AppleTV, "SmartTV" or a WiFi connected BluRay, the apps are already preloaded on most devices. You can go online and set up an account with Roku and add over 1000 channels from their Channel Store. 90% are free for the watching.

By Christopher Q.

Then call HULU, get one of their ding dong pencil pushers and HAVE THEM SEND YOU A CONFIRMATION EMAIL OF THE EXACT CANCELLATION DATE SO YOU CAN'T GET CHARGED, OR IF YOU DO, THEN YOU HAVE THE "BACKUP EMAIL CONFIRM" TO PROVE THAT YOU'VE DONE YOUR DUE DILIGENCE TO CANCEL IN A TIMELY FASHION. Hulu can be really slow in the cancellation. Oops, our mistake. Yeah, RIGHT.

By Christopher Q.
Questions? Get answers from the Hulu staff and other customers.

Hulu?