Review of Hulu

support@hulu.com
2017 Customer choice award

chereenah
11/14/18

Hulu is trash.....its so $#*!ing difficult to talk to a representative.....why Hulu has hidden numbers?????fishy overall

jeffm495
11/14/18

Want to see an example of how terrible HULU is? Go into movies and then genres and the classics. There are 14 choices. 5 are old James Bonds and 6 are old cowboy movies. There must be at least 5000 movies that would be called classics at HULU has a poor selection of 14.

I'm done. HULU sucks and has gotten worse and worse. I don't feel like I'm getting any real value and I certainly don't think HULU is making any effort to provide good programming.

Goodbye Losers!

kianag4
11/9/18

Save your $#*!ing money and buy Netflix or HBO. Hulu is $#*!ing slow, blurry and "buffers" and then won't play the rest of the show. Hulu is $#*!ing hot garbage!!!

jaclyng6
11/5/18

I tried Hulu but shortly after cancelled bc my internet provider offered me a great TV deal. Nothing wrong with Hulu itself but the customer service is RUDE! I was charged after I cancelled (no biggie) so I contact Hulu via chat. FIRST I was asked my birthdate - um that's not normal for any customer service chat line. SECOND he never asked me any questions other than email/birthdate. I sat on the line waiting for him to ask "how can I assist you" or something. I finally asked him how do I get that charge back and double check the account was cancelled. His reply was "i already cancelled and refunded" so I asked how long will it take to see refund.......his reply "check email what else do you need?" Hmmmmmmmmmm well ok then. So I in turn asked if he was a customer serivce rep bc most ask questions - HELL they apologize for the issue. I GOT NOTHING!

Maybe he was having bad day but I didn't want to take that survey without letting him know I was not impressed with his customer service skills and I told him to have a good day.

BREON G - Hulu rep

allisonm122
11/4/18

They should be paying you for as many ads as they make you watch. It really just boils down to greed. Over 2 minutes of ads per ad break... Thats not acceptable for a paid service.

melaniea43
10/30/18

I have been paying for no commercials for over a year yet most shows have them and some are over 200 seconds numerous time throughout a damn hour show! Freaking ridiculous!!!! Plain and simply false advertisement!!!!

dawno26
10/29/18

Cheap easy way to watch your favorite shows or movies anytime . Binge watching with family and friends is fun.

georgef172
10/28/18

For starters, Hulu cut the Superbowl 3 minutes before the game ended. Hulu continues to have transmission errors causing constant loss of live TV shows. During Dallas/Redskins game Hulu went into a 40 minute LOOP show a single play over and over and over. I have ordered Direct TV to be installed and am cancelling HULU. Simply dreadful!!!!

rickj108
10/27/18

We have had Hulu for over a year now and are starting to think of letting it go. There are 3 main reasons for this which seems pretty blatantly obvious as a consumer, sports fan & a parent.
1. We pay for NO commercials but are stuck watching them anyway - not sure why this is okay.
2. The commercials that Hulu allows to be shown during kids shows are inappropriate for kids. Shooting, killing, blood & other drama shown during a PG film should NOT be allowed.
3. I am a Sports fan but I don't always have the time to watch the games LIVE. The commercials during the replay of the games constantly shows the final score of that game and others that I want to watch. This started with World Cup Soccer and has carried over to other sports (NCAA Football, etc...). How is this okay? Not smart Hulu!

I would not recommend Hulu in it's current form!

michaelm1792
10/24/18

Been on one week. Never ending network errors. Been on a week and have not been able to finish a show. 230 - 241 download speeds with one connection.

aristidem
10/15/18

I'm presently paying for my Hulu service and I'm rating it as GOOD connection. Hulu is an interesting streaming platform that has for a long time provided some great shows. Hulu provides a free catalog as well as a premium catalog, both of which are supported by advertisers.

adamw201
10/1/18

$40 a month and still have to watch 90 second commercials 5 times in a 30 minute show is atupid. What a rip off. $40 a month for a $5 value.

terrella9
9/30/18

I like hulu live content for cost. If you take into account hulu's on demand service, live costs $32 - $35. Which is comparable or less then other services. The price point of $40 including on demand library is good.

jamies258
9/29/18

I think it is ridiculous you only offer one screen at a time. Even Netflix gave me more than that. You should offer at least 2 screens with the base price. Then for the last 4 nights I haven't even been able to access Hulu (usually just at night). Also making people pay $60 a month just to view it on more than one screen. I quit Netflix bc they suck, I quit amazon prime bc they lied about everything you get, and Hulu is slowly working my nerves on this one. Can't someone put something out there where they actually care about what their customers want and not to fulfill their own greedy needs. All of these channels are now trying to make a pretty penny off of everyone now. It's ridiculous to make someone pay for a channel they already pay for with cable.

dougl106
9/28/18

Wish I could give it a half star for content because other then SOME shows the service is trash. The site crashes ALL THE TIME. They blame your internet service meanwhile Netflix and amazon I never have an issue. It's all those adds! It uses up the band width and slows everything down. How this kind of service is acceptable when your PAYING is beyond me. And don't even get me started on their user interface

genew47
9/28/18

Signed up for the COMERCIAL FREE service as it states on the signup page only to find that every show I tried to watch had commercials.. Got ahold of customer support and was told that select shows didnt have commercials!!! Are you $#*!ing kidding me what out and out bold face FALSE advertising.... Even on a brand new Samsung Tv buffering takes for ever and I have a fiber connection for internet.... COMPLETE AND TOTAL GARBAGE WISH I COULD GIVE 0 STARS!!

lauras522
9/25/18

I like Hulu but it seems they must have a contract with ABC or something. There is almost every ABC network show but very few if any NBC or CBS. They used to play Nashville on the CMT network but now that that season has ended, nothing has replaced it. As for the movies, I go to VUDU, which has a ton of very good movies for free. Yes, I'm considering dropping it if they don't pick up something other than ABC

kayted1
9/25/18

Hulu used to be better. Sometimes I can watch abc new programs live and other times not. Sometimes I can watch work news tonight the same day and other days not. I pay for live TV options. I can't count on this and plan on cancelling. Not a fan.

chrisp421
9/24/18

7.99 to start sounds good until you subscribe then you find out all they got are a bunch of old tv shows and movies of with you can find most for free on Roku. If you subscribe you better get ready to pay extra for anything good to watch. 49.99 for live to and as little as 10.99 for stars, HBO, and others. I think it's a big joke and hate it. I will never subscribed again.

jasont215
9/24/18

I used to like Hulu, but after today I'm looking at getting rid of the service. Today was the first time since they did the massive overhaul of their homepage where I had to pause a show on my computer. At first, I wasn't able to get the pause button to come up, so I decided to stop the show and restart it. When I hit the X, it dropped the video to the bottom corner and kept playing. At least the pause button showed up. After some work, I was able to get the pause button to show up on the full screen mode, so I paused it and walked away to deal with a couple of things. When I walked by my computer, the video was playing. Okay, maybe I didn't hit the button after all, so I rewound the show and paused it again, making sure that I did pause it. The movement and sound stopped. I'm sure you can guess what was happening when I returned. Of course, it was playing again. This time I paused the video and sat there. After 10-15, the video would unpause and continue. Why should I have to exit a video when I get up to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water? This is ridiculous. It's making the watching experience worse. I can get over the complaints that others have posted about the look of the interface, but this isn't live TV. I shouldn't be tied down to my computer for the full running length of the show just because they don't allow you to pause the video any more.

tonyr188
9/23/18

I hate the new interface. They removed all commentary after the show. They messed with the search, your cue, everything. They gave us Windows 10 like boxes. I hate Win10 and hate this format. I'll be cancelling my paid subscription since I have cable, Amazon, and Netflix. I guess the fools who don't care what their customers want get bumped out.

urij2
9/22/18

terrible. Just terrible. Anything new takes some adjustment, but with how easy it is to watch the shows I'm looking for by just opening the Network apps, and other free site options. It hasn't become worth it for me to continue to pay for Hulu with the new lay out, it's just more of an annoyance than anything.

jaylenb8
9/21/18

I am utterly exhausted with the agenda Hulu tries to push on its viewers. I started to watch a Hulu original series today called The First. I had gotten to the 3rd episode and was liking the show this far then boom a lesbian couple has to be in the show. Or particularly scen that is thown in to trailer to the LGBT community. I'm tired of this. I can't watch anything anymore now a day with out liberal progressive agendas being forced in my media and entertainment. The show is about sify space exploration to mars. What on earth is the point of putting pro LGBT scene in this show. I'm done with Hulu and they won't get another dime from me. I refuse to be forced to accept there agendas.

hannahh81
9/20/18

I am now going to every site I can to leave bad reviews about HULU. I hate them with a burning vengeance. They are on of those sites that purposefully makes their service hard to cancel so you accidentally stay signed up with them charging even when you thought you canceled! I tried the site for the free trial, realized they were basically sub par netflix and then attempted to cancel. Talked to their customer service people and they were rude as hell about the whole thing! I am very angry!

douglasp79
9/17/18

Trying to get Hulu on my TV. I needed help with that also needing them to take my credit card number they hung up on me two times in a row and they said they had a problem, I fully agree...laughing in the background talking about things that had nothing to do with helping me a new customer! Hulu needs to address this completely unprofessional behavior! This is an understatement... I let her lie did not subscribe to their service I know that I'm only one person very disappointed

225 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Not worth it since they updated their interface into an unusable mess. Customer service is awful, stay far away.

By glenn h.

No. Free OTA TV is better than HULU because with an amplified antenna Free TV actually works!

By Ronald B.

You don't need a fancy smart TV or an App. Hook up your computer or laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable. Set your TV INPUT to HDMI (go to your tv menu, find the input, and select HDMI 1 or 2... whichever port your cable is plugged into). Turn on your computer, log into internet, go to www.hulu.com, sign in, and you're in business. Cool tip: get a wireless keyboard and mouse and you're surfing the web from comfort of your couch. I watch Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, shop online, go on Facebook and email... all from my couch on the big screen :)

By Jenn S.

I have 65mb down and I don't have any trouble at all. I think you only need 12mb to stream their highest quality. That could be a complicated answer. It may be your router, or wireless device. That's where you should start looking. Contact Comcast and have them help you trouble shoot. I know my provider has that service.

By David K.

I have similar speeds, about 50 Mbps, but don't have any issue with streaming shows smoothly on HULU. I watch streaming shows directly off my computer, which is connected to my TV via an HDMI cable, essentially works like a big monitor. I connect my computer to internet, and log into www.hulu.com. Works fine. I travel a bit and I also watch shows over hotel WiFi on my laptop, which surely have much slower speeds. I'm not sure why some people have issues at such high connection speeds. IMO, HULU is worth it IF they have the shows available that you want to watch. HULU doesn't have right to many shows. Or you have to pay extra like for HBO.

By Jenn S.

Never heard of that, maybe its was advertising for the HBO service you can add on or for their ad-free options which they do not have a free trial of. But they dont charge for their regularshows

By Dani S.

You can use a wii.. a playstation 3, a ruku box.. I have also used my computer and a svga monitor cable to use the laptop to put it right to the tv. You can use google chrome cast also.. the monitor cable works awesome because you can watch utube on your tv too.. tons of movies on there as well.. hope this helps.. I can answer a little better if you have any more questions

By lisa m.

Good luck with that. They are crooks. If you like the British, Canadian and Australian things, Acorn is a terrific deal. I am not affiliated with anybody.

By Gail V.

If you could provide more info on what/how you're getting Netflix on your TV, are you using a media streaming device (like a Roku, AppleTV, "SmartTV" or a WiFi connected BluRay, the apps are already preloaded on most devices. You can go online and set up an account with Roku and add over 1000 channels from their Channel Store. 90% are free for the watching.

By Christopher Q.

Yes, if you have the live TV subscription. The user interface requires a little getting used to but I have had none of the streaming, buffering issues that others report.

By Vincent W.
Questions? Get answers from the Hulu staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Hulu