Review of Life360

Tel: 2260676236
info@life360.com

tracym163
11/20/17

The app was wonderful until I upgraded! Today the app shows my son skipping school and going 45 minutes away! I have had no problems with him and found it hard to believe... but the gps says it! I worried, called School, a cussed him ( well I just asked... but) He swore he was at school! It just causes lots of issues! How can we trust it if this happens? Canceling my premium! Its a great idea, but it has to work! Btw... he was at school!

mariap187
11/17/17

Hello, I paid $2.99 for Life360 Plus. Do my other family members need to pay as well for me being able to see them? I'm trying to track my son, but it says "No network or phone off", but he has his phone on and is connected to internet!!
On the app it even says that the last time his location was updated was a week ago...
Could someone please reply to this? Thank you.

lisah349
11/10/17

The app works fine if you can get it loaded on your phone, however if you can't get it loaded on the phone Life360 will not refund your subscription even though you JUST renewed in the last month. They say it's their policy and contained in their terms and conditions, which is bull crap. If the app doesn't work, why should you be charged for the subscription. Terrible customer service.

dannim7
11/9/17

Problem: You can be sitting at a bar but check yourself in a a drs office, salon nearby etc. Wish I never got this app. Dangerous for relationships. Either u trust someone or u dont.

christyr13
11/7/17

This has my daughter leaving @ 4 am and coming back at 5:30 am ....I just Want to see if it it ever inaccurate before I accuse her of leaving in the middle of the night ,its such a random address and she doesn't drive so it doesn't seem plausible but I could be wrong I just don't want to punish her if she hasn't done anything .I haven't asked her about it yet .does this happen to anyone else?

paulaw61
11/6/17

If I want to know now where my child was 4 days ago, this would be a good app. As soon as I started paying for it it stopped working. More worried about little bats or candy corn falling down the page around Halloween then actually telling me where my 16 year old driver is. I've 'contacted' them twice and still no response.

rosemarys19
10/23/17

I had this up and running for months, then nothing, tech support, worked for a bit, not after several more months...just sick of it! Brought us in and now nothing but a maintenance nightmare!

lindah331
10/19/17

The only problem I have with life 360 is sometimes it's slow letting you know where your kids are. When they are on the road it takes forever to see them moving or it waits 2 to 3 min to let you know they are at their destination.

shannac8
10/11/17

I am very upset with the apps accuracy. Keeps placing me at locations I have never been while I am at work and sitting all day. Causing problems with my husband, thinking I am running around all day or leaving work late or early. I am pist!

maries130
10/10/17

Like many other reviews, the app worked well for us in the beginning and now is proving to be inaccurate. And, tech support is non existent. What alternative app are people using or suggesting?

bradt19
10/7/17

All teenagers know how to fool the app by using multiple devices. Everybody has at least two devices nowadays - a phone, a tablet, etc. So they would leave the ipad in a "safe" location, then turn life360 off on their phone and go have their adventures without parents knowing.

richardw255
10/1/17

This app had me leaving the house twice and driving 3mi last night and early morning. Now my out-of-town girlfriend is doubting me and I'm defending myself. This free app isn't free... you pay for it in unwanted bull$#*! relationship drama.

sod17
9/28/17

Even as a paid subscriber, customer service doesnt reply to requests for help with errors within the app (such as showing me logged out even when I clearly am not). The simply do an auto-reply, but wont interact or reply back to you. An exhausting amount of trouble shooting has been done, to no avail. The app is glitchy with locations, even with perfect signal and using WiFi...its also unreliable with speeds and phone use, as we have tested it to see results. My husband and I installed this app since we both spend an extensive amount of time on the road, and its been a huge disappointment. #byefelicia

maggieb42
9/26/17

I am beside myself with this app and its miserable technical and customer support. I purchased the app when my granddaughter started driving. It was fine for the longest time with the exception of false alerts on phone usage. Three months ago it was alerting on speeds over 90 mph while my granddaughter was sitting at home beside her mother. Shortly after that, the location started becoming totally inaccuate at times. Complaints resulted in either no response or automated responses to read FAQ's none of which were related to my questions. I should say I bought the premium app so I would be alerted if an accident should happen. It did, the car was totalled and there was no alert, no call to either the driver or the police, none to me as the account owner. Fortunately the accident happened on a primary road during the day. Were it to have happened at night, on a secondary road or down an embankment, she might well have died. So, it doesn't track, gives inaccurate information, doesn't alert in cases of accidents. The response I finally got was that their engineers couldn't figure out why and they offered me a refund of one months subscription. Haven't seen that yet. Top it all off, I noticed I was being double billed for a system that doesn't work as advertised. They told me to contact Apple. Apple says Life360 has me down for two subscriptions! I don't normally complain on-line when I can resolve a problem with a responsive company. You can decide if you want to spend twice the subscription cost for a product that doesnt work. Don't count on it to let you know if your child, or spouse or parent has been involved in an accident, or to alert emergency services, or even to give you accurate information. I told them I was going to post this. Surprise! No response. And to those of you who want to call off the wedding or get a divorce because someone seems to be somewhere they shouldnt be, be very careful. You could lose your loved one, too.

rosal338
9/25/17

I have been using for more than 4 years. It helped me twice to locate my son's phone, lost somewhere in Kingston. Also let me know when my son reaches or leaves school. This was important when he was 11 but still good to know.
No big issues. Good app.

kristie105
9/12/17

This app is ripping apart families!!!?? Wow. Obviously trust was an issue before this app. We have 4 phones on this app. 2 married adults and 2 teenage children...no issues with app or trust! It's been great. I did notice tonight location is off on one child's phone. Not an issue with trust simply thought someone may have stolen her phone. Humans ruin marriages and relationships not apps!

marianb23
9/11/17

I drive a lot for work and this app helped me feel more safe because I knew my boyfriend could track my whereabouts if needed. We had gotten the new driver report upgrade and after I had gotten home that day my boyfriend asked what I had been doing on my phone while driving... I told him nothing. I ignored some messages and adjusted my maps app. That's it. I even showed him my recent calls and texts. A few day later we decided to try it out while running an errand and I had done the same type of things I had done that day on my phone - Those actions didn't get recognized by the app. Talk about causing major trust issues here. It also doesn't show location properly and will say I stayed at a location longer than I did. This app just keeps getting worse.

deet47
9/11/17

Tells me my hubby is at one location while he's at work I called his office and he was there talking to someone in the office app is a scam

jh630
8/27/17

This business sends unsolicited spam mails en masse. Anyone can sign up with any email address, and they have no system in place to actually confirm that email address. The result is that innocent people are being bombarded with emails of the original customer trying to recover their password, which is of course impossible. And if you write them about this, you get a dumb, automated answer from a computer, no human involved.

And it is all easily and completely avoidable by having a system that would confirm the email addresses that people type in. But they chose not to implement that.

Awful company.

benc206
8/25/17

my mom made me get the app to make sure i wasn't speeding and to know where i was but multiple times she has called me while i was at school and asked why i was in a completely different city and whi i drove 98 to get there which was not true at all. it's an absolutely terrible app

heidil29
8/24/17

We have had this app for quite some time (several months). Unlike a lot of the reviews, we have not had huge issues with the location accuracy. It might be off a little bit, but no more than 1/2 a mile. We have the app on all of the phones in our family, which is 5 phones & overall are quite happy with it.

I also feel like a lot of the relationships in these reviews must already have issues because this app is in no way hurting our family or the relationship my husband & I have.

teresal65
8/24/17

This app almost destroyed my marriage.. Had my husband at places he was not at because he took pictures with our grandkids. Had me doing something at the mall and I was at home cleaning the bathroom? Either fix it or stop taking people's money... I think everybody should call the Better Business Bureau

jeaniet4
8/23/17

I installed this app to keep track of my family. My husband and I thought it was ok at first but it just told my husband was 12 miles away from his place of work. When he sent me a picture and even a video of him at work. We have fought so many times over this app telling me he is at locations that he is not really at. I even went as far to tell my husband that I wanted a divorce over this pathetic app!! My husband wants me to find if there is a number to call these people. To the people that made this app you all are destroying families and almost destroyed our marriage of 6 years. I am Thanking God I got on here and looked at these reviews! If we can figure out a way we will be trying anyway possiable to make this known to friends and family that this app is nothing but trash and a waste of time!! I don't see how you people sleep at night! You all need a lawsuit!!! I wish I could give this app a 0 you all are sorry as he** for this!!

kristenk30
8/22/17

This app is utterly inconsistent. Frankly i am upset that I wasted five minutes of my life downloading this app. it will proceed to tell me that someone sitting across from me is currently in a tree. The amount of times that this app has backfired is very sad this company should be very ashamed because i would be better off strapping ankle bracelets to everyone i would like to keep track of. I can't even imagine how many families this app has broken up. Are you people happy? you are single handily ruining innocent lives. This is more than just a stupid app, families are at stake. Whoever created this app deserves to go to jail immediately. thank you.

cristinav4
8/18/17

I've had this app for my kids and husband for a few years. It was working well in the beginning, but now its showing my husband in another state and then all of a sudden back at work then in another state again. He doesn't travel for work at all. The other day it had him travel through a wooded area where there are no roads and a small pond. What's going on? He was at work the whole time with his phone on the office. My daughter takes her phone to school and leaves it on silent. It shows her still at home. We made sure we updated life 360 and rebooted our phones, etc... I guess we'll look for something more reliable.

Any app that uses GPS will drain your battery more than usual.

By Paluda S.

As far as I know, the free membership does not expire, My wife has the free membership, and I purchased the 30 day history for $5.00 a month. We have been on Life360 for months. People have had complaints about this app. We both have Android phones, and haven't had problems so far.

By Ronald B.

Has been helpful for the most part...... but a little frightening in some others.... mostly accurate but not always!! and now I feel there is a site online that they can go to ...to figure out how to outsmart the device we have...

By Sandy S.

get her to read the reviews + watch the app for inconsistencies, when it shows you where you are not FaceTime her, call, text a selfie anything to prove the app is faulty and it is, I've questioned a ton of locations it said my husband was he provided proof to eliminate my grief the thankfully we have a good sense of humour

By Anne H.

I don't know if this is the case at all, but I had the same situation with my phone. And it was because I also had the app downloaded on my iPad which stayed at home all the time and it was picking up the location of my iPad and not my iPhone . Just a thought!

By Deb G.

I work out at Lakeshore Towers in Irvine CA and it shows me at a different location than at the gym. Why and how do I fix it?

By r j.

It's a very dodgy app, just puts the guy who's tracking in trouble by sending text messages to connect to the person whom you are trying to track, thus putting the tracker in tough spot. Please ditch this app!!!

By Konti D.

This is a very dodgy app, it sends messages to all your friends and Family members. It doesn't help anything with tracking, so nasty app!!

By Konti D.
Questions? Get answers from the Life360 staff and other customers.

Life360?