Snakes at Sunset reviews

Tel: 786-220-2953
albinoturtles@comcast.net

wendyl135
8/26/18

I was trying to buy a tangerine albino Honduras milk snake from them last year. But after I purchased it on Wednesday night I thought they will ship it on Thursday but I didn't get any notification from them the next. I thought they must be busy so I waited until Monday. But when Monday came there were still no any notification from them. So I emailed them and then they finally told me there was no more tangerine albino Honduras anymore only normal albino. I really want this snake because it was my first time to buy a animal online. So I said ship that snake to me and I asked is the price still the same. In other words I was looking forward to have refunds. Normal albino should be cheaper than tangerine albino but not at here. They said the price is the same and didn't show any apologizes to me. At last I got my snake and she is a happy beautiful and healthy girl. So if you are looking forward to have a animal you can buy from here. But if you are looking forward to have a good experience on online shopping then choose another store.

amberh138
8/21/18

I placed an order Friday evening, gave them a call Monday morning to check the status of the order and by Monday evening it was shipped out and I received it Tuesday morning. It was more beautiful than the picture on the site. I love him.

scottp258
8/12/18

Bought three kings snakes from this guy, all were so infested with mites. I mean you could see them all over the snakes right off from opening the bags the snakes were in. Called this SOB and he told me it was my fault, and to top it off, he then hung up on me. Worst reptile guy I have bought from and I have had snakes for over 40 years. Find a reputable breeder, lots of them out there, this scum is the backyard breeder of reptiles. This guy does not care about reptiles or the people who buy from him. He cares about money only. Once he has your money, you are screwed.

azurew
7/25/18

I ordered two giant day geckos and a terrarium hood from Snakes at Sunset on 17 June, 2018. I received my geckos three days later and figured the hood would arrive after around a week since it in theory would be sent via FedEx Ground. I noticed there was no tracking information available for the hood, so I emailed customer service that Friday (22 June) and was told they would "check on it and let me know Monday". Monday came without reply.

On Tuesday 26 June, I emailed again to ask where the hood was. I was told the hood hadn't shipped because it was defective, but they would receive new hoods and ship one out to me on Thursday. I asked for a refund instead. Several days later I emailed again asking if I would be refunded or if the hood would be sent, as I hadn't gotten a reply to the original request for a refund. They emailed back and said I would get a refund. Days later there was no confirmation of a refund or any evidence of one on my PayPal account. Subsequent emails sent to them were completely ignored.

Long story short, I opened a PayPal dispute and was refunded. Snakes at Sunset never replied to the dispute; it was automatically closed by PayPal and found in my favor due to the lack of seller response. Shocking.

I won't purchase anything from them again solely due to their terrible lack of communication. I will say that my geckos are beautiful and healthy, at least.

meghanc33
7/2/18

I ordered a redfooted tortoise on wednesday, they took my money right away, and it said shipped on Thursday 6/28 - and Fedex never recieved my package. I have sent 5 emails too them and no awnser. Texted the numbers and response was "Stop". I want my money back. Just can't get in touch with someone too get it back!!

leeo34
6/9/18

TITLE SAYS IT ALL--NOBODY SHOULD BE IMPATIENT AND ORDER FROM THESE ASSCLOWNS. WAIT UNTIL YOU FIND WHAT YOU WANT FROM A QUALITY SOURCE.

terryo43
6/8/18

Fast,friendly no problems! I received a happy healthy animal with in 48 hours of deciding a needed a 6th snake sense my normal pet store has a hard time getting even a common one. Will defiantly use them again and will be telling every one in my snake circle about my experience. Great job Snakes @ Sunset!

andyr96
5/18/18

I purchased a Mangrove monitor from snakesatsunset.com with over night delivery. that added nearly $40 to my total purchase. I ordered it on monday and its already friday and no sign of my lizard being shipped. i did recieve a confirmation email that my order had been processed thru there company. i called tuesday afternoon to check on my order since it hadnt been shipped yet and the guy on the phone said they were working on filling orders and i would recieve a confirmation email shortly. well its been 3 days and no email and no god damn lizard! i ordered from another company and i recieved my lizard the next day on time and the only reason i didnt order from them this time was because they were out of what i wanted. i am extremely upset about the poor service i have recieved and dishonesty of the employee i delt with. just still wondering if ill ever recieve my expensive order........

jordanes
2/13/18

I purchased a ball python back in November. After a few weeks it arrived quite cold but warmed up quickly. This was my first official pet snake and took every precaution and set up everything exactly as it should. Temperature and humidity gauges and settings and all. Everything was perfect. Until I noticed he wouldnt eat. I assumed he was drinking becuase I was having to refil his bowl every week or more. But I never noticed any urine. I contacted the company multiple times about this and never got a response. My snake seemed as though he was much too small to be sold in the first place and was shipped in a tiny deli container full of his own urine and excrement not to mention instead of a sack. My snake passed away today after having him out yesterday and he looked normal. This is a shock. And I am attempting to seek answers from the company. Please do not order from this place. They do not sell quality pets and are in it for the money.

carliet
2/1/18

I received my chameleon and it was dead , i tried to warm it but no response . Its body was cold to the touch . I contacted customer service and they were extremely rude and couldnt even spell properly. They told me to take a photo of the reptile which i did and they insisted i send the DEAD chameleon back . Are they morbid? They wanted me to ship a dead reptile back to them . Extremely disappointed. Havent recieved a refund . DO NOT BUY FROM THEM . Rip little Marvin

tonyg101
1/15/18

Ordered a Green and Brown Basilisk the Brown one came in just fine fairly large like they've had her for awhile but the Green one you can tell is barely even a hatchling he's so small. The Green one came with all kinds of issues, Eyes were sealed shut from an infection, he wouldn't eat no matter what I gave him I tried calling the company the SAME day I got it to inform them and ask for help they were completely rude, took him to the vet day after I got him and he too said the reptile was way too small and should have not been sold like that also said there was a low chance of it surviving and what do you know he was right.

dougp51
11/11/17

I ordered a female Mojave ball python from them about a year and a half ago.It was advertised as a female 700g when I received it it was only 520g and had scars all over it and then I come to find out last week it was a male.I think this company will do anything to make a buck.Very sad please do not waste your money!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yamilem
11/7/17

Worst customer service I've experienced in my entire life! These posts are real! They are horrible! So disrespectful! They never sent me tracking information! Barely responded to any of my emails! Refused to refund my shipping due to there irresponsibility and inability to do there damn job! On top of that some jerk decides to email me with this horrible attitude and condescending remarks. I wish I would've payed warning to the posts on here! Still haven't even received my sand boa! I will be reporting these people. Sad to be a Miami native and get treated so poorly. F**k snakes at sunset your garbage!!!!

christopherc123
10/25/17

I've purchased a couple of ball pythons from them now and every time I'm more and more impressed!! Unmatched prices and my snakes arrive on time and healthy! No issues once so ever

antoniaa5
10/11/17

My snake came on time and super healthy.. I never had to call them everything was done in a timely and orderly fashion. My only complaint is that they didn't give me the day/month he was born, his sex, or the last time he ate but I immediately took him to the vet and they gave me an approximation.

jessicas281
9/3/17

Ordered a lizard from these clowns. They never answered texts and when I called their number, the people who answered were useless and unprofessional. Please stay away from this company. They are the worst of the worst. I will never order from them again.

marcusp23
7/13/17

Horrible buisness, bad customer service, and sick animals. I ordered some pacman frogs and one of them showed up dead and another sick in 90 degree weather with a heat pack? I emailed them and I got nothing but rude responses and Just plain out ignored after their mistakes. I ended up not getting refunded for what was their fault and completely ignored after bringing up the issue of their mistake. Their website even says live arrival guaranteed but that's complete BS.

antonioc69
7/6/17

We orderd it on Sunday but it was not shipped till wednsday and the snake arrived dead ! We payed top dollar for the albino king snake shipping for it arrive dead .... we contacted the place to address the issue but the employee did not help us at all by saying "email us the issue and we will get back to you on Monday " hello!!! Dead snake ! Idk what to do with it ?! What should I do ? Can I get a refund ? Money back? Why till Monday ?!? $#*!s man

anthonyc158
6/28/17

Do not buy from them i recived a blue tounge skink and he has roten mouth and wont eat and wont poop..

danielh175
6/20/17

I emailed them on a Wednesday to make sure they had baby albino pythons available and told them I planned on ordering on Friday morning, they informed me if I did order on Friday it would ship Monday and be to me on Tuesday and that's exactly what happened. My snake arrived very active and healthy.

richardf98
6/19/17

Horrendous experience! Sold me a panther chameleon for $600 plus all other equipment needed for $500. The man at the store was extremely rude and told me that the chameleon was 1-2 years old. A month later, the chameleon, Leo, became very ill and after many vet visits, Leo was diagnosed with severe MBD and died in the vet office. The vet also predicted that the chameleon was at least 8 years old. I contacted the store owner and he told me that it was my fault for not returning the "defective" chameleon to the store before. Would definitely not recommend!

jaket39
6/12/17

I went in to look at leopard geckos. I asked how much the tangerine was and the owner told me $70. I said I would be back when I got my pay check the next day. I came back in 2 days and he now said it was $100. They are not very friendly and just seem like they want their money.

sarag81
6/9/17

I understand the complaints about the customer service, Mike B is pretty blunt. He answered most of my questioned, but it seemed like he was in a hurry. I didn't want to talk to him anymore, so I texted the number they have on their websit, and whoever that was, was much nicer. Anyways, I ordered a northern blue tongued skink Tuesday night, it was shipped Wednesday, and got here Thursday morning. They sent me tracking information, so I had no problem with shipping. Was just as they said it would be. My skink is pretty happy and healthy. I'm really glad I ordered them. After reading these reviews, I was worried, but I had no reason to be. Everything turned out great! They seem like a company who has their business together. For anyone thinking about buying, just text the number and communicate that way if you want someone friendly. I do recommend them though, and would purchase again.

joshuat40
5/27/17

I had heard and read a lot of negative reviews at the same time positive reviews so I had mixed emotions and after some research thought hey let's try it. I wanted a bald/near bald hypo tangerine gecko so I emailed snakes at sunset and received a number to text to see what hypos they had in stock. Well sure enough they had what I was looking for.Ariel was the employee I was told to contact and she answered all my questions and sexed then reserved the hypo for me. though a response or two was slow for the vast majority she was fast and updated me quickly on my order. Was very pleased with my hypo tangerine. She was the one I was promised and she is very healthy and is tame! My new hot spot for online reptile orders that is for sure!

jessicad115
4/26/17

DO NOT order for Snakes at Sunset!!! I went on their site looking for two new hatchlings, a razorback and a southern painted to add to my tank. I had heard positive things from a friend of mine who had ordered so I figured it was all good. It has been a week and after taking my money the turtles still have not shipped! Both turtles showed up as "In stock" on their site, and I was not contacted immediately after my ordered stating anything wasn't available. 3 days after my order was placed I tried contacting them asking if the order had been shipped yet, there was not response from them. Finally after my 3rd attempt, 6 days after I had ordered and after I threatened wanting a full refund on the order I was given a answer. Basically Mike (yes he's really rude) said that the razorbacks were in stock but there were no painted turtles in stock when i ordered and he said they had just hatched and that they would be shipped out between monday and tuesday of this week. It is now Wednesday (8 days after my order) and there are still no signs of my turtles even being shipped out yet. My newest email requesting and update has not be answered either. I will never be ordering from them again, and will most likely be asking for a full refund. I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO ORDER FROM THEM. Terrible customer service and slow and unpredictable shipping. I can't rate the animals health as I haven't received my animals. Hope this was helpful to any potential buyers. I will be sticking to Turtle source from now on.

Well, you can read the bad reviews for yourself to find out. Most of them are the poor customer service and, yes, it is bad. My sister ordered a red tail boa from here about a year ago and it was like pulling teeth to get his birth date, last shed, what he's currently eating, etc. from them. I just ordered two ball pythons two days ago and still have not received shipping confirmation, tracking number, or follow up, etc. I do not, however, have any experience with animals from them being sick - as many of the reviews claim.

By Rowan B.
Questions? Get answers from the Snakes at Sunset staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Snakes at Sunset