Snakes at Sunset reviews

Tel: 786-220-2953
albinoturtles@comcast.net

richardf98
6/19/17

Horrendous experience! Sold me a panther chameleon for $600 plus all other equipment needed for $500. The man at the store was extremely rude and told me that the chameleon was 1-2 years old. A month later, the chameleon, Leo, became very ill and after many vet visits, Leo was diagnosed with severe MBD and died in the vet office. The vet also predicted that the chameleon was at least 8 years old. I contacted the store owner and he told me that it was my fault for not returning the "defective" chameleon to the store before. Would definitely not recommend!

jaket39
6/12/17

I went in to look at leopard geckos. I asked how much the tangerine was and the owner told me $70. I said I would be back when I got my pay check the next day. I came back in 2 days and he now said it was $100. They are not very friendly and just seem like they want their money.

sarag81
6/9/17

I understand the complaints about the customer service, Mike B is pretty blunt. He answered most of my questioned, but it seemed like he was in a hurry. I didn't want to talk to him anymore, so I texted the number they have on their websit, and whoever that was, was much nicer. Anyways, I ordered a northern blue tongued skink Tuesday night, it was shipped Wednesday, and got here Thursday morning. They sent me tracking information, so I had no problem with shipping. Was just as they said it would be. My skink is pretty happy and healthy. I'm really glad I ordered them. After reading these reviews, I was worried, but I had no reason to be. Everything turned out great! They seem like a company who has their business together. For anyone thinking about buying, just text the number and communicate that way if you want someone friendly. I do recommend them though, and would purchase again.

joshuat40
5/27/17

I had heard and read a lot of negative reviews at the same time positive reviews so I had mixed emotions and after some research thought hey let's try it. I wanted a bald/near bald hypo tangerine gecko so I emailed snakes at sunset and received a number to text to see what hypos they had in stock. Well sure enough they had what I was looking for.Ariel was the employee I was told to contact and she answered all my questions and sexed then reserved the hypo for me. though a response or two was slow for the vast majority she was fast and updated me quickly on my order. Was very pleased with my hypo tangerine. She was the one I was promised and she is very healthy and is tame! My new hot spot for online reptile orders that is for sure!

jessicad115
4/26/17

DO NOT order for Snakes at Sunset!!! I went on their site looking for two new hatchlings, a razorback and a southern painted to add to my tank. I had heard positive things from a friend of mine who had ordered so I figured it was all good. It has been a week and after taking my money the turtles still have not shipped! Both turtles showed up as "In stock" on their site, and I was not contacted immediately after my ordered stating anything wasn't available. 3 days after my order was placed I tried contacting them asking if the order had been shipped yet, there was not response from them. Finally after my 3rd attempt, 6 days after I had ordered and after I threatened wanting a full refund on the order I was given a answer. Basically Mike (yes he's really rude) said that the razorbacks were in stock but there were no painted turtles in stock when i ordered and he said they had just hatched and that they would be shipped out between monday and tuesday of this week. It is now Wednesday (8 days after my order) and there are still no signs of my turtles even being shipped out yet. My newest email requesting and update has not be answered either. I will never be ordering from them again, and will most likely be asking for a full refund. I DO NOT ADVISE ANYONE TO ORDER FROM THEM. Terrible customer service and slow and unpredictable shipping. I can't rate the animals health as I haven't received my animals. Hope this was helpful to any potential buyers. I will be sticking to Turtle source from now on.

craigo16
4/11/17

I saw many negative reviews on here; however, I had a great experience with Snakes at Sunset. I am a well experienced dart frog breeder and therefore, had many questions for the Snakes at Sunset team. They took their time to answer each one of my questions, they sent me photos of each animal, and sent the animals in a timely manner. After just receiving the frogs a few hours ago, I can see they are in great health and I would absolutely purchase from them again.

austina18
4/8/17

I randomly decided to order a few new lizards for my newest terrarium. I did absolutely no research regarding this website reliability, and I'm glad that I didn't because I probably wouldn't of purchased from them due to all these bad reviews. My order was placed on Thursday at 2:30 AM, my lizards arrived Friday morning at 9:45. I opened up my package, and had 3 wonderful new lizards, very active, and they all look quite healthy to me. Maybe I just got 'lucky', but all I can say is don't let a few bad reviews ruin your chances at getting your new little reptile friend!

P.S. This is my first review I've ever posted, and I'm only posting it because of all these terrible reviews that are pointed towards this company. They seem to have their stuff together to me.

josuep4
4/3/17

Okay so I ordered a king snake 3 days ago, and I chose ground shipping because it was cheaper. So I placed my order, then the next day I got a message saying they can't ship ground only overnight and that I had to pay $30 more and I decided to not pay anymore and I'm trying to cancel my order because they still have my money and they don't answer, if they do its just to tell me to pay the $30, please can someone help me, how do I cancel it or can someone please call for me because I don't have a phone right now and they have my money. Thank you!!

charlesv29
3/29/17

The customer services if horrible. I called with a question about an order I wanted to place and the guy who answered the phone was rude. It was as he didn't care for my business. I would hate to have to try to return anything to this store.

Tip for consumers: I would advise only going to the store to make a purchase

angied24
3/1/17

I ordered a ball python on Sunday Monday it was shipped Tuesday morning he was at my door. He's beautiful love him already. They were very nice to deal with. Sent me pictures to choose which one I wanted. Will definitely buy from them again.

tiffanieh
2/18/17

WARNING!!!!! This place sells sick, unhealthy, infected turtles with holes in their shells. Shell rot and weak breakable shells. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!! When addressed my concerns they were SO uncaring "you went rambling on" RUDEST person in customer service. MIKE B Should look for a new job if he doesn't care for turtles quality and their customers.

Tip for consumers: NEVER USE THIS SITE !!!! SICK ANIMALS AND HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!

rayb74
2/13/17

i ordered a boa from this company guy on the phone was great very helpful his boss on the other hand is a rude piece of $#*! i wated over a week with nothing i face booked him and he was like i will not ship unless weather is above 30s i explained i get snakes all the time and everyones cut off is 15 degrees he called me a lier and acused me of hurting animals i told him look i paid u over a week ago and now im fighting with u for my snake he told me ppl have no problem wating till spring i said im not waiting he flipped on me and refunded me my money wich was the tied in a week long refund period

merrilynd
2/2/17

I was skeptical after reading the previous reviews, however, I went with my gut. While the response from MikeB was curt, it's the animal that counts for me, not the level of customer service.
My King snake arrived plump, no mites, no scale issues, warm from his heater and ready to explore his new 20 gallon condo. The true test will be in a few days when it comes feeding day, however, honestly I'm not real concerned, this is one chunky monkey. If appearance is any indication, this little guy has never missed a meal.
Very satisfied customer and I would not hesitate to buy from Snakes at Sunset again.

benl75
2/1/17

I ordered a emerald tree boa from snakes at sunset, I was hesitant after reading the reviews, but I gave them a call and talked to aerial. He was awesome! He's sent me pictures of all the babies and helped me pick one out. I paid for him online and got him the next day. Their prices were cheaper than others and their service is great! I highly recommend them.

sarahw171
1/22/17

My blue iguana arrived with its pelvic bones showing. I took photos of it immediately after unpacking and rushed it to the vet for treatment and a checkup. I was late to work that day.

I contacted the seller with the photos. Employees told me that the blue iguana was just dehydrated. It was not. After many months of vet trips and intensive treatment, the iguana died. The wasting disease that the blue iguana arrived with (likely crypto) has now spread to my albino iguana. I didn't realize that soaking in pure ammonia is one of the only ways to disinfect for this.

I'm still living a nightmare and I ordered the axanthic iguana back in April 2016. Now I'm just waiting for my poor albino to die the same way as there is no treatment for this terrible disease.

Snakes at sunset has cost me thousands of dollars and caused me much heartache. Do not ever order from them.

cassandras15
7/29/16

They are total scam artists.......they took my $$$ for an online order sent me an email stating it was shipped.......NOT SO! They made the label but never shipped the product! I called FedEx and they confirmed no product shipped! I called the store and the so called manager acted as if he didn't care that it's Friday and deliver was scheduled for Tuesday! We knew that even if it was shipped it was dead.........he never offered to ship another or return our $$$! He was so rude my husband asked it speak to him and he hung up on my husband! I called them back and let them know I would be reporting them to my bank for taking $$$ from my account without sending out a product!!! These people suck.....I wish I would have read the previous reviews before ordering......I hope I can help someone else!

winnieh3
7/14/16

Got a reptile from them .... red head aganas. Tail was infected and it looked ruffed. Died a day later. Contacted them got a response of asking me what type of reptile a Agnes is... spelled wrong becuz of auto correct... knowing what I meant. Responded with the correct spelling and still no response back. I should of checked reviews before I bought from them. Will be letting all my reptile fb pages know.

paule168
5/24/16

I saw a really nice gargoyle gecko listed by these guys and decided to purchase him. After giving them all my info (email, phone number,shipping address) we settled on a shipping date. Unfortunately as the delivery date approached my fathers health declined and he had to be hospitalized. I rescheduled all of my work appointments for the day to spend some time at the hospital with my dad then realized "Oh! The gecko gets delivered tomorrow. I have to make sure I'm there to receive it." Bright and early I woke up and went into work JUST to receive the package. Hours went by and fed ex never showed up. Unable to track the package (as they never even supplied me with a tracking number) I began to really worry about the gecko. I called Snakes At Sunset twice to try to find out what was going on and got an answering machine. This was around 11:00 when they open. Eventually realizing that my package was not going to be delivered (it was already passed the 10:30 guaranteed delivery time) I left to go visit my dad. Later that day after waiting for a call back that never came, I called and got an employee who supplied me with a tracking number. I called fed ex and was told that Snakes at sunset botched the shipping address. Irritating, but mistakes happen right? I called beck to snakes at sunset to update them as to where the gecko was thinking that they'd be concerned just like me. Another employee answers the phone and before I can even tell him why I was calling he tells me he wouldn't be able to help me because he really doesn't know what he's doing?!!! He instructed me to "call back in about ten minutes and ask for Mike". Ten minutes go by and I call again. Someone answers and I politely say "Is mike available please?" I get a super blunt and rude response of "what's your call about" with obvious attitude. I explain the situation and finally ask "is this Mike?" Thinking don't tell me this rude $&@ hole is the owner. His reply is "no...he's too busy"... Not sorry but he's really busy right now. Can he give you a call back in a minute or something tactful like that but "he's too busy" my response was to ask (irritated at this point) "He's too busy to talk to a customer who's live animal is lost in the mail because of his company's mistake?" A properly trained employee at this point would probably apologize and put the boss on the phone, but instead he gives me a smart-ass "yes". After flat out telling him "Put Mike on the phone!" several times he finally gives in. He puts Mike on and I explain what is going on and how rudely I'd been treated by his employees and was told by Mike that "Yes" he is "to busy" and that he has 3 customers in his store! I guess making another sale is more important than following up on making sure animals make it to their new homes safely.
His solution to the problem was to tell me to track down the package myself( which at this point I had already done). I told him it was at a fed ex location an hour away from my house. And he told me he was too busy to talk "go pick it up. No apology for his companies mistake, no apology for his employees or HIS rude behavior... Not even the slightest concern for the animal itself just "I'm busy... Go pick it up. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS "MAN" OR HIS PITIFUL EXCUSE FOR A "BUSINESS". There are tons of knowledgable polite professional alternatives out there. I wish I had read reviews On Snakes At Sunset before I gave him my business. At least in the end the gecko made it out of that place and found a good home:)

ghostd2
5/18/16

I have inquired about several reptiles that they advertise on Kingsnake.com , they don't respond.
They advertise turtles that they dont have in stock.

frankr68
3/16/16

I contacted Snakes at Sunset inquiring about a snake that they had for sale on their website. I wanted to verify it was in stock, after I read all of the terrible reviews I found about them. MikeB responded to my inquiry that Saturday, and assured me they had it in stock I ordered the snake that same day, and it was to be shipped the following Tuesday. The day came for it to ship, and I received a notice from Snakes at Sunset that my order was refunded. I had to contact them to ask why, and MikeB told me the website sold me a snake that was not in stock. What?! You assured me it was in stock, created a shipping label through FedEx that was sent to me by FedEx, and when it came time to ship 3 days after I ordered it, then you realize it is not in stock?! When I complained about it, they posted my private emails that I sent to them on a public message board revealing my personal and private information to the public! Stay away from Snakes at Sunset! I should have headed all of the negative information I read about them!

bv17
7/9/15

First off, this Mike guy is an arrogant d!ck!!!!! They provide TERRIBLE customer service and treat everyone like they're scammers out to screw them over from the beginning. He talks to you like you're bothering him and he wants to keep his answers short as if he wants to go as soon as possible. He is incredibly rude to top it off. They have very poor communication. He never called to discuss a delivery date and NEVER sent me a tracking number. I emailed and asked for a tracking number, to ensure I would be home but he never even bothered replying to me. He does NOT care about the animals he sells AT ALL. He basically called me a liar even after I sent him photos of my snake, he acted like I was only out to get my money back! I don't care about the 100+$ they basically stole. He can keep it, because with the reputation hes gaining online, he'll need it when he goes out of business. He said my snake looked "alive" so I called a TRUSTED local breeder and asked if he would come by and take a look (telling him just keep the money and basically ending the conversation), after all i brought the snake because I wanted it. If there was a chance of saving it, i DEFINITELY wouldn't have sent it back to those people. He replied like I was lying and just wanted money back even though i told him just keep it!? Im not him, I couldnt care less about the money, Im just hoping my snake DOES turn out okay. If that was the case I would have still left very positive feedback but his attitude and service made me write this review. Ive never had a transaction go so horrible, and I own many different species of snakes purchased from MANY resources. Never again will I order from these INCOMPETENT, RUDE people. I suggest you pay just a bit extra and purchase from BHB Reptiles, BigAppleHerp, or Don Soderberg. They are amazing and truly care about their animals. This man needs to realize not everyone is trying to scam his so called company, because thats NO way to get returning customers. He should also work on his people skills because they are terrible! He has this "Im blunt, you must earn my respect attitude" you need to show respect to earn it!!!

Tip for consumers: -Do research well! ALWAYS read reviews before jumping into anything it will save you so much trouble. paying more is worth QUALITY SERVICE!

nb15
3/8/14

They KILLED MY SNAKE and didn't even care about it. The employees are RUDE. Never go there, better off at petsmart. THE WORST

I recently bought a beautiful male baby ball python and couldn't be happier. They shipped him immediately (he was at my house in less than24 hours and was warm & healthy. )All their shipping info is on their website and they answered all of my questions.

By Sarah W.

Helpful answer -1

Well, you can read the bad reviews for yourself to find out. Most of them are the poor customer service and, yes, it is bad. My sister ordered a red tail boa from here about a year ago and it was like pulling teeth to get his birth date, last shed, what he's currently eating, etc. from them. I just ordered two ball pythons two days ago and still have not received shipping confirmation, tracking number, or follow up, etc. I do not, however, have any experience with animals from them being sick - as many of the reviews claim.

By Rowan B.
Questions? Get answers from the Snakes at Sunset staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Snakes at Sunset