Review of ReShip

Tel: 1-800-345-SHIP
info@reship.com

nathans167
8/27/18

I bought an item and had it shipped to reship address. Before I had sent them an address to reship it to they had advised me they would not ship my item. It was not illegal or prohibited but they didn't give me a legitimate reason why not so I never had my item shipped and I never heard back from them. I live on a disability pension so having an item worth over $100 just lost or destroyed is pretty hurtful.

kevep
7/17/18

Never make the mistake of opening an account there. I lost a lot of money there. Every other reshipping company out there is better than this abomination.

1. They close account for nothing.
2. They hold packages for nothing.
3. When you receive packages, you sometimes do not even get a notification.
4. Their management team is a joke. Cannot resolve simple issues. Makes you wait weeks.

Save your valuable time and brain cells. Use other companies.

leeanneb8
7/11/18

Stay away! I am getting constant emails that I have shipments there with prohibited items. I haven't ordered any thing! I have called and responded to emails and they keep coming. Now they are telling me that my account is being billed 1.00 a day for storage.

ericy36
6/29/18

There should be a no star rating! I should have read your review ! What a bloody joke this company! Same experience. My account was terminated by them while my shipment is still being held by them. And I have to incur charges for the refund ! Scam company !

karenw287
4/16/18

Straight forward and easy use! a must for every Canadian that doesn't have a US address/relative to ship to!

meaghang
4/9/18

Reship was a dream to work with. They kept me in the loop every step of the way, were quick to ship out my package and have decent customer service. The only downfall is how expensive the shipping is (still cheaper than a trip to the states to go shopping or the rate that would be offered by ups or DHL independent of reship.com) Wonderful and handy service. Definitely will be using again.

sophieg22
4/4/18

I used ReShip for the first time to forward an item from the US to Hong Kong. I received an email confirmation promptly after the item arrived in Portland. The website was easy to use and the package was redirected within 24 hours of my instructions. I chose the UPS saver option as I read bad reviews on the cheaper UPS Innovations service (in partnership with USPS). I received my package in good condition a week later. The tracking information was efficient. Im very satisfied with this service and intend to use it again in the future. Given the high cost of this service for redirecting to Asia, it only makes sense for expensive items.
I hesitated using their services given all the bad reviews. I went ahead in the end since a Hong Kong friend of mine uses ReShip services regularly without any issues.
I also used Reships cost estimate tool before signing up for the service. I knew what to expect and the estimate was correct. Note also that Hong Kong is a duty free port so I didnt have to worry about custom fees.

haroldz5
3/14/18

Used for the first time. Paid 5USD for the registration fee. Package was sent to them and they have charged me much more then USPS International fee. After three weeks I have contacted them for the track&trace information. It should have been delivered but...in a totally other city...Asked them to investigate. They have replied: dont bother us, when we know more we will inform you.....Still waiting...Lost 250USD..

sohaili
3/12/18

Reship are amazing, I've been a loyal customer for a while now, shipping is fast and reasonable. Customer service is great too, I told them I was ill for a while and so couldn't ship my packages and incurred storage fees - they waived them for me and wished me a quick recovery. I can't recommend them enough.

darinkak
2/23/18

Recently I ran into some problem regarding online payment which create a delay for receiving my packages and unnecessary drive from WA to Portland . Reship resolved my problem perfectly , I got credit and was satisfied at the end. I want to thank Justin and the rest of the staff who assisted me for their excellent customer service.

richc47
12/30/17

I WOULD GIVE A -MINUS STAR IF I COULD...ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! THEY DOUBLE CHARGED MY ACCOUNT FOR ONE SHIPMENT ! I CONTACTED THEM TO GET A REFUND FOR THE ONE CHARGE AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS NOT PROCESSED BY THEM AND TO CONTACT MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY ! ITS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH NOW AND STILL NO REFUND! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY YOU WILL REGRET IT!

johns2517
12/30/17

I have used reship several times in the past, last time in 2015. I remember the service was mostly lacking back then so I had decided to stay away unless really really necessary. This past November I decided to check them again, and honestly for not entirely good reason. Amazon.com already ships to Canada most of the merchandise I'm interested in and there are several other online stores that have convenient shipping rates as well.

So i gave reship another chance this last Amazon's BF. Last chance indeed since the service, again, was pretty bad.

Let me start with the good though:

- cs is quite responsive, and I appreciate the live chat
- affordable service overall, in spite of overestimating package dimensions and therefore shipping price, see below

The bad:
- took a week from the moment item arrived until shipped. This is my main issue with them really, and the one that disqualifies them from most of my shipments
- transparency while managing issues. They somehow charged my usd cc in canadian dollars, even though the invoice they presented me was and is in USD. I had to call the bank in order to find out about the currency exchange, reship agents were, at best useless, if not deliberately avoiding to acknowledge their fault. There were another minor problems during shipping, where they failed to notice me my tracking number changed etc.
- as expected, the reship cost and rounding up the package dimensions: reship overestimated the weight by more than one pound which drove the shipping costs up. That is from weight as calculated by amazon and by me upon receiving the item.

alicem102
12/9/17

I have been trying to cancel my subscription since september and they are still charging my account. I now have to take it to the credit card company:(

valeriep47
11/22/17

I had a very long delay to received my package with UPS innovation.. This is not the reship fault, but at my experience, never I will choose this option. Reship resolve the problem perfectly and I got satisfied at the end.. I use this service since a long time ago, some people find it expansive, but when we do not have choose, it not that bad. I have no complain.

janeta55
11/10/17

Instead I believed their site when they write that they are the "best". Our shipment went missing, customer service is terrible and to top it off - outrageously expensive. Plus I could have driven to the US and back quicker.
Never again.

josipj1
10/29/17

I have a package ship from Amazon to Reship 10 days ago, UPS Innovations have a label for delivery purposes, however the package has not been picked up from Reship. Reship are investigating Ha! I am out over $350 USD including postage if they can't find it, and I am very upset. It was a present for my son and no one is doing anything about it. This is just not on, does anyone have any Idea as to what or who I can complain to and maybe get some help. I am from Australia.

georgim3
10/29/17

Awfull service!!!...told them to do one thing and one thing only!!!...they were suppose to unpack everything, remove all pricetags and labels and pack everything together! For that simple action paid between 150 and 200 U.S.!!! When they arrived in Germany the customs called me to let me know that can not be a present because all the labels and pricetags are there!!!...instead of 200 I paid 500 U.S.! When I wrote them they basically told me that it is all my fault and that is it!!...very irresponsible, expensive for the one simple action they do and not user friendly at all!!! Please do yourself a favour and ignore them!!!

deanm103
10/13/17

I shipped a couple of items at exorbanant rates. So I used very sparingly. I had an item shipped to them to forward to CA. They reversed the payment without notice and all of sudden demanded I supply Photo ID, picture of both sides of my credit card, and a screenshot of my PayPal account. Felt like my item is being held ransom. I reluctantly supplied a screenshot and Health Card with number blacked out, they STILL won't accept my payment!!! Now I have to try and get Amazon to return the package and send Reship a return label, however I feel my item $100+ is going bye bye!!!!

lisaq19
8/22/17

I had to use a service as I live in CA and many websites will only ship to US addresses. I highly suggest you go to their page and use their shipping estimate calculator before you purchase this service. Shipping is outrageous, the least expensive option would only deliver the package in 'approximately 90 days'. And this package was literally going from Portland to Vancouver. Had I known this was what it would cost, I'd have driven to their warehouse to pick it up myself. The next shipping method tier up was $43, more than the cost of the original item. Regardless, this service is the lesser of two evils, as this at least allowed me access to products otherwise unavailable to Canadian consumers. And it does give you the option of cheaper shipping, but only if you don't mind waiting 3 months.

nataliec48
8/16/17

Textbook from Amazon.com: $22
ReShip Membership Fee: $5
ReShip Handling Fee: $5
ReShip Shipping Fee: $37.49
UPS Cost of Delivery: $12
Total: $81.49!!!!!!!!

I should have just gotten the textbook from Amazon.ca for $60 and saved myself the time and money ...

lucyd35
8/14/17

I will never, ever, ever use Reship again! I ordered a pair of $34.99 leggings, got them shipped to my Reship address for free from the retailer. Reship took 3 days to log that it arrived. I selected my delivery, only to be emailed to tell me that they don't offer insurance on that type of delivery - how convenient, being that it's the cheapest shipping option! They refunded my original fee and directed me to redo it. The next option was a whopping $15 more!!! Having it shipped from the retailer would only have cost me $20 in the first place! And, guess what - they don't return items to the retailer! So my options were to lose my parcel or pay their extortionate price...!

To top it off, when the UPS man turned up at my door he demanded another £21 for "customs". Upon checking the invoice, my customs fee was only £9.99, the rest was a "handling" fee!!! So, don't believe their claim that they get around customs fees!

Here's the general breakdown of how much one pair of leggings cost with Reship:

Direct from the retailer - $34.99 leggings + $19.99 delivery = $54.98/£42.40

Using Reship - $34.99 leggings + $5 handling + $2 Insurance + $38.80 delivery + $28 "customs" = $108.79/£83.90!!!!

Tip for consumers: A tip for using this site?! DON'T!

jamesm688
7/27/17

I ordered a lamp with a magnifier for $45 from an Amazon store that didn't offer shipping to Canada. The tracking said the package arrived at Reship warehouse on July 14, didn't get email notifying me until July 24.Only available hipping options to Canada, $155, $150 and $135 USD!

For a $45 lamp.

rutht41
7/7/17

It was the first time I used RE-SHIP. One of my friend tried it for one package only and everything was okay. So, I bought different things at Amazon and some other sellers, an average of 10 different orders. Many complications. Had to pay twice because they cannot find my payment. Very hard to find somebody to help. All my stuff is still in their warehouse since 2 weeks and they refuse to delivery because they have something to check. After this they asked for a photo of my credit card and one ID. Today I got a message from them telling me they found hazardous stuff in one of my boxes. I told them it is only clothes and shoes. No more answer. I bought something for my husband's birthday : forget it ! They are asking delay of 24-48 hours to check something else again. A lot of trouble, abusive rates and I'm still waiting for my stuff. They are faster to pick-up the money from your credit card than to give the service. I am furious !!!

martins158
6/17/17

I had a package from Canada that needed shipping to Europe. Worked like a charm. Quick and reliable service. Will recomment to everyone.
Possible improvements: wider opening hours, cheaper worldwide shipping

davidd337
5/23/17

Everything seemed good at the start, until I needed a package split up. Since live chat is only available during US business hours, a simple conversation that could have taken place in 5 minutes, took a week with questions and answers back and forth. Missed my shipping window, not happy.

I have used Reship.com many times and there is no trouble at all. If you worry about a shipping fee, you can calculate it before an order at their website. And, you can choose your favorite shipping method. If you order a heavy parcel, it may take much shipping fee.

By Sander K.

I have just discovered "YouShop" and they are totally amazing ... https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/youshop

By Jo J.

Login--> Account---> Order Currently At Reship---> Select Shipping Method Select the cheapest one which is USPS (delivery estimate is "up to 90 days" however I got mine shipped within a week to Toronto, Ontario, Canada). If you know the dimensions get a price quote first to avoid unpleasant surprises later: https://www.reship.com/UI/ShippingEstimate.aspx

By Teresa N.

Avoid Reship all together. If you don't have troubles now, you WILL. Read my review. Absolutely terrible customer service and you don't have to read just my review. Find an alternative, please.

By Steven B.

Does this link help? http://www.howtocallabroad.com/qa/toll-free.html

By Jo J.

Hello Elaine. I am the Operations Manager for Reship. USPS attempted to change our zipcode back in June in the hopes of steam lining the on time delivery service. This has blown up on a very large scale. We are still missing over 150 packages going back to the beginning of the year. When you track your package on the USPS website, it will show delivered. What that means is it has been delivered to one of two locations here in Portland and scanned to what they call a format sheet. Their goal os have those packages delivered within 24 hours. The new locations that our inbound packages are supposed to be coming from do not have deducated drivers at this point. the post office manager and acting state of Oregon Post Master are working with me to find a solution. We received over 350 missing packages late Friday. Please check your account ans see if it has been delivered by now. if not email our customer support team with your tracking number and reference my name and I will contact the manager personally to see if they can find this. This has been a huge obstacle that is out of our control. I apologize for this and we hope to have things back on track soon with USPS. Justin Camp

By JUSTIN C.

our office hours are 8:00am to 4:00pm PST. I am the Operations Manger for Reship. call 503-257-4644 or my direct number of 604-592-7255

By JUSTIN C.

Have you received your item yet? I am the Operations Manager here and want to make sure you are getting the level of service you deserve.

By JUSTIN C.

This company SCAM I sent to their address products in the amount of $ 300. But when it was required to pay for their services, I got an error - "Payment was not successful - Please try again or contact us for assistance" Support responds 48 hours - Do not know what to do. My things were bought from them

By kennie s.

You can go to our website (www.reship.com) scroll down on the home page and you will see a section to request a qoute. You will need the dimensions, value, weight and city country and zipcode. This will give you carrier pricing to ship the item.

By JUSTIN C.
Questions? Get answers from the ReShip staff and other customers.

ReShip?