Review of PrimoCameras

Tel: 8005003988359
rodney@primocameras.com

louist10
9/29/14

They are crooks. How can this place still be in business? Never mind that it was the worst ordering experience that I have ever encountered, they sold me a "grey market," product. I.e. a camera that was not intended for sale in the US (and I purchased it online in the US). Three years after buying the camera, I sent it to a Nikon authorized repair agent. Nikon just emailed me to say that they will not have authorized agents repair grey market cameras.

johnp22
10/22/10

RUN LIKE HELL FROM THIS VENDOR!!!
I saw the bad reviews, but the Canon SX210 seemed like an awesome deal. Never got the camera, all of the run-arounds like you've read from the other customers. The refused to refund my money and stated that I would have to get my money back from the credit card company. That sometimes takes weeks and I was only trying to get a camera to go on vacation and didn't have much time. Luckily, paypal got my hard-earned money back and I was able to purchase the camera elsewhere from a reputable, authorized Canon dealer... STAY AWAY FROM PRIMO!!!

sams5
8/24/10

After failing to receive confirmation for my order I called PrimoCameras and was put on hold for what seemed an eternity. When I was finally connected to Customer Service they confirmed nothing more specific than an order to my zip code had been shipped on Friday (I ordered the camera the previous Monday and my credit card was billed Tuesday.) I was then asked whether I wanted the $50+ battery or the $80+ battery. I was a bit confused by this question having ordered a camera, not a battery. (The camera comes with the required 4 AA batteries. A set of 2500 mAh LiMH batteries with charger is ~$30 at Home Depot.) The question was not if I wanted to order this or that battery, but which battery. In response to my stupidity the guy at PrimoCameras yelled so loud that his telephone rattled, "Let me make it very clear. The battery that comes with that camera will only last about 20 minutes.", then hung up. (Rudeness must be a virtue in New Jersey.)
A short time later I called PrimoCamera and waited and waited on hold again before requesting a tracking number for the shipment. When I attempted to use the number I was given at USPS the response was no such number. I called PrimoCamera a third time to verify the tracking number and was told that this number was only for their use if the shipment was lost and was of no use to me. (I must be really stupid.)
It had now been over two weeks since I'd ordered the camera. Customer service said that my camera should have arrived by now asked whether I wanted to reorder or a refund. I asked for a refund. I then asked what might have happened to my camera. The response was that it was lost in the mail. The guy then said something to the effect that they oversold. Excuse me, which is it? A package doesn't get lost in the mail because they oversold. Either it got lost in the mail or PrimoCamera was out of stock and fed me a line complete with phony tracking number.
I received e-mail from PrimoCamera on June 1 indicating my order had been cancelled. On June 3 I called Customer Service again after seeing that the $339 I paid for the camera had not been returned to my credit card and was told I would be reimbursed by the 4th. June 4th passed and the money had still not been credited to my account. Subsequent calls to customer service resulted in disconnect after waiting on hold. When I finally reached them I was told that they did not refund money to credit cards and I would have to file a dispute with my credit card company. It took several more months for my credit card company to complete the dispute process and permanently credit the money back to my account.
I hope you're laughing by now, but I'm not making this up. I would not recommend buying from these clowns.

carminam
7/12/10

I bought a camera on May the 10th. I did not received my camera and they stole my money.....Until now, they have not CREDIT the charged........
Never ever work with this company!!!!!

lg1
6/28/10

Extremely RUDE & DISHONEST, website said the camera was in stock, it was not.6/1/10 I called to cancel & the guy hung up on me, so I sent an e-mail to cancel the order. 6/11/10 I noticed my credit card had been billed even though I had cancelled my order 6/1, e-mailed them again. 6/14/10 Called the credit card company & they called PRIMO / US1PHOTO with me on the phone as well, the guy said they would reverse the charges within 24-48 hours. 6/28/10 Called the credit card company again as the charges still had not been reversed. Will never use them - AWFUL!!!!!!!!!

jr11
6/8/10

These guys are the WORSE shopping experience I have ever had. We had to cancel our credit card and file a dispute. They called us after a couple of days to try to cross sell accessories at 2-3 times the actual price. They never give you order number or a tracking number and simply LIE thorugh their teeth. Anyone who has been swindeled by these guys they are registered to a Wesnick Inc. in Albany, NY .. here is the URL to state entity information for $5 state of NY will give you the name of the registered owner http://tinyurl.com/2ukebym - I will pay to get the name of this bozo and call him at home and give him a little grief at dinner time.

alpengoa
6/1/10

Awful, just awful. I ordered my camera only to have somebody call back and tell my wife that the order had been canceled because they didn't accept Amex (which their website says it does). So we spent a half-hour on the phone waiting for a rep to change the credit card only to have them tell us "that camera isn't available." This is a common Canon Rebel T2i that is listed on their site as "in stock";.

This is a slimy operation. Avoid them like the plague that they are.

km4
4/30/10

1. Purchased a popular point-and-shoot camera on April 11, 2010.

2. Called several days later for status and was told the camera had been shipped April 14 and that it would take 7-10 days to arrive. Take notice that credit card was billed on 4/12 according to my card's website.

3. Called April 24 and was told that the camera had been shipped on April 15. I was told to wait a few days; if it didn't arrive, to call back and get it shipped overnight.

4. Did not get anything. This was supposed to be a 4/29 birthday present. Called 4/30 and was told the camera was actually out of stock. Cancelled the order and will never do business with them.

Draw your own conclusion.

amycarona
4/21/10

they never reply the enquires!
i hate this, i just wanna buy something safty!
but their online support never have service!!

venkatd
4/20/10

HORRIBLE. JUST SUCKS.
This is the worst customer service ever.
If they continue to do this way, they will soon be out off the business.
I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND ANYONE TO THIS SITE. JUST DONT GO BY THE CHEAP price. you have lower quality.

I have brought a CANON T1i camera in this. They have different batteries available. I asked them to give the default. It hardly lasts 30 min. My fnd got a same camera from Best buy. His lasts for atleast 3 hrs. when I called them They are very very rude. they are soooooo ****ed up

suttont
4/15/10

I just got off the phone with a representative asking some questions about the site and the products. The guy on the phone was THE RUDEST guy I have talked to over the phone in a long time. I asked him why their prices were so low, and he told me there was a sale. I told him the site did not specify that. He told me to check the website for what I needed and that they were very busy. I asked him what reassurance he could give me that the product would come as advertised. He never answered my question. After I asked again, in a different way, he slammed the phone down and hung up. My opinion, STAY AWAY! THESE GUYS SEEM VERY SKETCHY. BE AWARE!!!! Read the other reviews. I don't think I am the only one who has been treated like this.

laurac3
4/8/10

BEWARE!!! I had the most bizarre experience with this company today. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

I ordered a Nikon D90 package which seemed to be an amazing deal on line Tuesday night. At the time of my order I had not researched Primo Cameras but the next day I decided to google them just to confirm they were ligitimate. I read a lot of terrible reviews but some good ones so I hoped for the best.

This morning I received an email from Brian of Primo Cameras advising to call to confirm that I made the purchase. I called Brian and we confirmed the order and then he asked me which battery I would like. I told him I wanted the one that came with the package. He started getting rude and told me that the battery only lasted 1/2 an hour and that I could purchase the 2 hour or 5 hour battery. He told me the cost and I said that I was good with the one that came in the package that I ordered and that I would buy one at London Drugs if I was unhappy with that one as they sold them for the same price. He then started getting really angry and yelling at me. He told me he would do me a favor and throw in a different lens than the one in the package. I advised him that I wanted the one that came with the package and now he was super angry. I could not believe this guy's attitude. He was so angry, telling me I didn't do my research and if I had than I would see that that lens was discontinued. When I asked him why he was yelling he just started getting more irate and rude. I then told him that I want to cancel my order and the guy blew a fuse. He told me that he would cancel my order but he would charge a cancellation fee. I told him that I was going to call my credit card company and make sure there was no charges. He told me I couldn't do that and that there would be charges and that he would notify the credit bureau if I didn't pay them. I hung up on him and before I called my credit card company I decided to call Primo Cameras again and let the owner know what a cuckoo this guy is.

The person who answered the phone sounded like Brian so I asked him if he was Brian. He said no and that he was the manager. I then asked to talk to the owner and he told me that the owner is in Hawaii and he can't be reached. I proceeded to tell him how disappointed I was with the company and I was originally looking forward to getting my Nikon D90 until I spoke with Brian and how terrible he was. The so called manager then said that he was looking at my file and that I was treating Brian poorly and yelling at him. Okay, now what grade is this guy in? I'm pretty sure it was Brian I was speaking to pretending to be the manager. Anyhow, I then told him I canceled my order and there better not be any fees charged to my credit card and that I would be writing a review and warning people not to shop there. He then said to me "that's fine, I will be putting your credit card information on the internet".

I called my credit card company and advised them of Brian's threat to put my credit card number on the internet. After speaking with them, I emailed Brian and confirmed that I had canceled the order and that there better not be charges and if there were any suspicious charges to my credit card it would come back to PRIMO. I got an email back from Brian saying that there would be no fees but that it wasn't him I was speaking to on the phone today....it must have been someone else. This company is not to be trusted.

jasons2
3/13/10

I was looking around for a Nikon D90 digital slr camera I found Primocameras on 1 of the price comparison shopping sites and they had the camera for a great price compare to other companies I saw. I checked their reviews before I purchases and they seemed to be pretty good so I decided to give them a shot.
I called them up spoke to a salesman named Brian he seemed very knowledgeable and extremely nice he answered all my questions on the camera and took down my order and said he will email me a confirmation of the order by email once we hang up and I will get a tracking # in the email in 3-4 days once it ships. I did receive a confirmation email but it was towards the end of the day but to my surprise it had the tracking # in there even though the salesman said I would get the tracking # in 3-4 days. I tracked and it was scheduled to be delivered to me earlier then the salesman promised. To finalize my experience I got the camera I wanted at a GREAT price and with an outstanding service that you won't find anywhere else. Thank you primocameras I will definitely recommend you to my friends and colleagues.

yom
1/2/10

WARNING!!!!WARNING!!!!!

Questions? Get answers from the PrimoCameras staff and other customers.

PrimoCameras?