Review of Orbitz

info@runehealing.com
2017 Customer choice award

gracea78
10/27/18

The Orbitz treats its frequent flyers with special consideration. Their bonus points at time gives you a full ticket too. That's why I prefer traveling with Orbitz.

romanh23
10/27/18

I totally love the comfort and the design of their rooms. They are all cozy, clean and well-maintained. The room service is very alert to serve you around the clock.

tylerv20
10/18/18

The Orbitz give the clients the best promotions. The more you travel with them, the more royally you will be treated. I got one free ticket just because of their amazing promotions.

renatoc12
10/8/18

I have recently purchased a non-refundable Lufthansa ticket for 3 adults from Brazil to Japan, via Frankfurt. Orbitz did not mention that seats reservation are paid with Lufthansa. More than that, the site accepted my seats reservations for all legs of my trip. I have a print of my reservation with seats reserved and a BIG advice: "your reservation is booked and confirmed. There is no need to call us". Surprisingly, a few days latter I entered in the Lufthansa site and NO SEATS WERE RESERVED!!! The company says that the seats were initially reserved, as I said but, as NO PAYMENT WAS DONE those reservations were cancelled!!! In other words, I´ve paid for a non-refundable product and received a different one. To keep what I paid for, I have to pay an additional fee to the airliner Otherwise, I can just risk a very long trip in family without seats reservation. Very bad experience with the duo Orbitz/Lufthansa. Just one more comment: contacting Lufthansa in Brazil, Barbara (the Lufthansa employee) said that I should not have used Orbitz, because only their web site informs everything properly

normana50
9/9/18

Orbitz SUCKS, Booked Flight, Hotel & Car Via Orbitz. Had a four night stay in Flagstaff A.Z @ Quality Inn.Had to leave after 2 days , The room was just dirty. Front desk told me to get refund from Orbitz. Just getting run around from Orbitz. They said they paid hotel all ready. Hotel refuses to refund me. Informed manager will be back in 1 week ????. What Bull $#*!. Orbitz basically told me I am screwed for the 2 days. Use Hot wire. Or Hotels.com.Got really tired talking to third world rep from Orbitz. Who's English sucked also.
9/9/18

sonjav7
8/22/18

I called Orbitz to cancel a leg of my trip and change a flight. They quoted me $534 to change tickets that I only paid $538 for. They wanted $100 for each leg I was changing and the full cost of a new ticket. I would never ever use Orbitz again,

josephp273
8/11/18

If a company gives you a good deal and then recommends insurance to protect your deal you have orbitz. A company that makes up for its its bargains by not honoring its insurance. When I get back to Washington I will be in my congressman and senators office demanding this company face fraud. DO NOT USE ORBITS. Spend the extra money right away and deal with real companies that cares. If everything goes perfect this company is still no bargain. If it doesn't go perfect and you need there help it's the worst customer service on planet earth. Run.

michaelc1133
8/9/18

Another one star for this company (A zero if I could) which is a bait and attract scheme. I booked a room through Orbitz and did not receive an email regarding the price which was listed on line for $101.00. When I checked into a room, the hotel said that I would receive a bill through Orbitz and because I booked through them the hotel could not confirm the price. When I came home from my trip, I received a bill on my credit card for $194.88! Calling Orbitz, no one could speak English properly and I was told that the price goes up and down daily through them and the hotel that I booked. However, I called the hotel and they said that the room is offered by Orbitz for the low price at another date somewhere in never, never land future... and that the price quoted was NOT on the day that I wanted to stay! The hotel offered the AAA discount and Orbitz did not offer anything... saying that "Our prices already included the discounts!" They offered nothing. No refund, a real run around with nothing making any sense at all... mumble jumble by a foreign speaking agent. Bait and bill with misleading information to lure the customer into a false reservation. Like everyone else on this Orbitz site... beware of this company and be sure to leave your bad review and sooner or later the Better Business Bureau will stop this from happening to honest people. What a scam.

hirald5
6/1/18

Like many of you, even I had a very bad experience with Orbitz. I booked a refundable ticket on orbitz and airline denied to board the flight at the airport. On request for a refund orbitz gives an excuse that airline denies a refund. In reality, they are big CHEATS!!
Never ever book tickets on Orbitz. I prefer someone more genuine and reliable like Kayak.

wilsont21
5/24/18

Until you have to deal with their customer service agents everything is fine, but once you find out what an ordeal its to deal with them and how they lie to you after you talk to them you realise that this place is only good as long as you never run into a problem.

jasont200
5/22/18

Customer service is horrible twice they promised to call me back over issues. I waited 40 minutes to talk to someone in each case but no one called me back. Ended up giving up on trying to get my money back

rebeccag136
5/20/18

Never book a cancellation policy with orbitz. READ the fine print and you will see that the cancellation policies require an obscene amount of unreasonable paperwork that is denied through loopholes in the end. Even if you purchase the "cancel for any reason policy" there are still loopholes their company uses to get out of refunding you your money. It was awful. I was on the phone being transferred to various different departments for over 6 hours. In the end they said in order to get any kind of refund I had to go to a hospital, get seen by a licensed physician, submit insurance information, and if they decided that it was a "valid reason" by their standards, they would "consider" filing my claim for a refund. Even though I purchased a cancellation for any reason policy. THAT IS JUST RIDICULOUS!

Tip for consumers: Never book a cancellation policy with orbitz. READ the fine print and you will see that the cancellation policies require an obscene amount of unreasonable paperwork that is denied through loopholes in the end. Even if you purchase the "cancel for any reason policy" there are still loopholes their company uses to get out of refunding you your money. It was awful.

dougs140
5/9/18

I made reservations for a stay at Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun in Cancun through Orbitz for the dates Dec 17, 2017 - Dec 22, 2017 . I realized immediately that the dates I chose were incorrect and called Orbitz. While making the reservation there was wording on one of the pages that said 48 hour cancel policy through Orbitz.

When I caught my error I called Orbitz and they said no problem just cancel the flights and call the resort and that it shouldn't be a problem. After Cancelling the flights, I called the next day and they told me they cannot cancel the room I would have to call the manager directly and that it should not be a problem. I cancelled the flights and called the resorts and the desk person told me I would need to call the manager and they were not there. I called 2 days in a row to next to catch the 48 hours and could not reach a Manager. I called Orbitz again and they called the resort and said they talked to their manager and the rooms could not be cancelled or changed. I asked about the 48 hour policy which was now expired and they told me that was for flights only and they conveniently failed to tell me this before the 48 hours was up. I cannot find the reference to this 48 policy anymore on their site. And to make it worse Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun has changed their policy to a 10 day cancellation notice..... They still won't budge... Orbitz now claims there is a 24 hour cancellation policy only applicable to airfare when I most recently spoke to them on the phone.

I tried to re-book the flights and they were filled up and the only flight available was very expensive. I called the resort again before the booking date and asked for help. I asked if I could change the reservation dates and was told I could not. I asked for fewer days with a penalty and they would not work with me. I asked Orbitz to change the dates or charge me a penalty. Between them and the hotel they were completely unwilling to help in any way. They took my $2400 and gave me NOTHING in return.

Discover Card supports their "policy" and will not dispute the case. I have called them and gave them all of the supporting documents and still nothing. Love the card, had it for 23 years, probably cancelling it.

Be very cautious and do your homework. It is very disturbing that we as consumers have to do our homework on big companies that we blindly feel like we can trust. Since then I've googled and found a staggering number of issues very similar to my own.

Google your travel company before you buy and consider buying direct!!

allenf40
5/7/18

You will never be able to unsubscribe. Use a dummy address or stay way. They will send multiple junk emails every day.

harryh43
4/30/18

I used Orbitz for a number of years. It was ok only. Prices were competitive, but I'd always wondered whether they were one of those websites who would display certain airlines first before everyone else or not include very many results from certain airlines because they didn't have any sort of backroom agreement. I never had a cancellation in my plans so can't validate all of these poor reviews. However, once I found Kayak, which seems pretty equal in showing the best fares, I abandoned Orbitz.

kathyd81
3/3/18

Customer service is outsourced to India. Agents are difficult to understand. They obviously cant understand us either as they inadvertently cancelled my flight and would not take responsibility. I will never use them again

betsyp6
2/14/18

I have been using Orbitz since 2008. In the beginning, they treated me really well. Even canceling flights and hotels was annoying, but the reps were kind and tried to help. A lot has changed.

Today I am resolving today to NEVER use Orbitz again. In the last year, I have found dealing with Orbitz customer service to be a nightmare. Ideally, of course, I would never need to call customer service, but when you have to, it's hard to find worse than Orbitz.

I just tried to cancel a round-trip flight which it turns out Orbitz booked as two one-way flights. Because of that, the airline wants me to pay 2x the cancelation fee. I don't think I should have to do that. I thought I was booking a one-way flightI booked it at the same time on the same airline and Orbitz presented it to me like a round-trip flight when I paid for it.

I talked to two customer service reps who did not speak to me like a human being or try to understand my problem or solve it in any way. They just read me their Delta handbooks and told me that I should be grateful that Orbitz did this to make the flight cost lower. Orbitz absolutely has the ability to mitigate the cancelation fee if they wanted. I booked two identical flights, and in the past they have helped me out in this way.

I've been sticking with Orbitz for a long time just out of habit and because they have all my info saved, but they aren't good any more. I think they're still helpful with cars and a mess with flights and hotels. And they certainly don't care about my loyalty, so there's no reason to stay. There have got to be better services out there (Southwest, which doesn't charge cancelation fees at all, comes to mind!). This service has jumped the shark.

malikar1
11/24/17

I booked my flight with Orbitz then they cancelled the flight but they refused to give me my money back its the worst experience ever

adamb199
11/6/17

Orbitz failed to inform me of a flight change, resulting in a missed flight. When I called to ask for a refund they left me on hold for 1 hour, then they failed to claim responsibility. They gave me a $100 hotel coupon for my "next Orbitz experience" (....), and sent me on my merry way.
I strongly discourage anyone using Orbitz.

deanm76
10/29/17

I reserved a car rental on Orbitz, once, and now they are like a gnat that won't go away, or that bad odor you can't get rid of. DO NOT USE ORBITZ UNLESS YOU LIKE RELENTLESS SPAM EMAILS, SEVERAL TIMES EACH WEEK. I worked to find their contact information to complain and turn off their emails. I got a response telling me it would take them 3 months to turn off the emails, that was a month ago. I warned them i would take this public if they didn't turn them off. Now you know the results. Don't even check flights, cars, or anything else. Don't pull up their website for any reason because if you use it, you will be hammered with junk, and they don't care. These kinds of businesses need to be taught civility.

I sent them a note explaining my posting to Social Media, but they still send email promotions, daily. Below is a response to my notifying them of this post. They don't care:

"We were sorry to hear that this issue about promotional emails had been posted to social media. Please be advised that your request of unsubscribing from promotional emails had been forwarded to our higher department. Please do understand that the process takes time because they need to scrutinize carefully the mailing list to be removed.

Thank you for choosing Orbitz.

Olivia
Orbitz Customer Service Team"

jasonw184
10/28/17

I booked Sleep inn Gulfport MS via Orbitz. When I wanted cancellation 10 days before living in, they refused. The hotel said if I booked it to front desk, they could cancel the reservation. not from Orbitz. No help either call to Orbitz costumer service.It's ridiculous. Why does Orbits recommend the kind of hotels to its costumers? Why we need Orbitz.

marcusm65
10/25/17

Guys, I missed my flight because you didn't book it through your site after I paid you near $10,000 and then you guys take 6 hours to fix the flight for me to leave the next day? You have no respect for my time, my personal life and there is no way for you to compensate for my time lost!

So, I bought my tickets through Orbitz.com and then when I arrived at the airport, you did not have me booked on the flight that I booked through your site and then you make me fight on the phone for hours and hours with total disregard for my time and the personal reason's I had to fly back home? This is total abuse and a poor system if this is how you handle your customers'! I am still on the phone waiting and it's MIDNIGHT!!!!

helenc110
9/7/17

I booked a vacation package with orbitz for a thanksgiving trip to Cancun, mexico. They switched my flight, it is a one stop flight, they changed one flight one day later the original date, while the second flight still the old date, means when we take the first flight, the second fligh has been long gone. Such a simple questions, it took me and my husband lots of hrs holding on the line and kept getting same answer: they have contact the fligh company, within 48 hrs will give a response. then either we don't have any response or same email notice our flight has been changed.
Last time, I insisted to speak a supervisor, the guy called Mirk, won't gave me the last name. I on the phone with lots of holding up to 3 hrs, he promised me to have a resolution within 48 hrs, and give me a case number, but results are the same, no information for 5 days already. Now need another couple hrs holding....
DO NOt USE THIS $#*! COMPANY, full of lie! JUST a SCAM,!!
I regret I did not check review before I booked my trip, it is a night mare!

royan5
8/29/17

Ok so up front the prices are good. Often Kayak.com beats them but they do have good rates. All is well if you don't need customer service re: your already purchased ticket. I have had to call a few times over the last few days and every time it was a minimum of an hour 1/2 wait...So they at least provide the option to receive a call back everytime they state it will be an hour & 1/2. One time it was within that time yes an hour & 1/2 later. The second time I did not receive a call back at all and 3 hours later I called again and set up another call back. It then took 2 hours to receive that call back. Once you get a representative some of them are really good others are average at best. The next day I had another question and again received the message that It would be at least an hour 1/2 and could receive a call back...that call back came nearly 5 hours later. Then to add insult to injury while I was on hold the call disconnected. I then had to call again. the system put me through to a rep. I was shocked...ended up that she could only help with hotel reservations. So for hotels the provide normal service. Then I was forwarded to the flights department and again it is an hour 1/2 wait or longer. I give them a 1 star even though they do provide adequate help when you get a hold of someone...and do have decent prices....because I find it appalling that ANY company would think it's ok to have a customer wait EVERY time they call for hours at a time & have a call back system that is flawed. It says ALOT about the ethics and character of the company that it would not have more reps available to be of assistance. If they have that many people calling they should err on the side of good customer service not poor. If this happened once or twice that it was this long of a wait I would just think that I called at a high volume time. However this happens EVERY TIME at all hours. I live in CA and it was the same thing at 9pm PST when I had to resubmit a call request which happened 2-21/2 hours later. Kayak.com provides excellent and accessible service. I have been using Kayak for at least 15 years and NEVER had such issues when using them. Plus kayak now sends you over to the airline to book your flight so if there are any issues you can go directly to the airline even for changes....unlike orbitz. you have to call them and end up in this never ending loop of just trying to get someone. Simply Orbitz this is not acceptable!!

abek6
8/28/17

This is a good website for locating prices on hotels and airlines. However, when I called them, the wait time was over 45 minutes to speak to a live representative. They basically do not want you to call them and do everything online; yet they say they provide excellent customer service. They do not.

232 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Depends where you are flying from and where you are flying to

By Sue H.

Questions? Get answers from the Orbitz staff and other customers.

Orbitz?