Review of MyFlightSearch

diannem95
5/22/19

D Messent
Posed as Porter Airline

Flight was $392.51 return from Windsor On to Toronto .
Claimed to be the cheapest. This was in USA dollars which was not clear to see on web site.
Appeared to be in business class. E ticket was USA funds and had business printed on it.
Was informed at airport check in ticket was a basic ticket. Had to pay another $44.64 for my carry on times 2 both to Toronto and return to Windsor.
So total ticket cost plus baggage was $629.28 Canadian
This flight Windsor to Toronto flight is 1 hr.
I flew Air Canada Toronto to Victoria BC 5hr flight return for $765.00 including carry on.
Stay away from this site. Should be shut down.
Does not deserve one star.

jacobr115
5/21/19

I accidentally called them after I received an Email from Expedia saying to confirm my seat with united. When I asked if they were united they said they were and proceeded to charge me an extra $40 to confirm my seat. Partially my bad however they never should have claimed to be united. STAY AWAY!!!

matthiasb17
5/18/19

They stole 2grand from me after saying "we care about our business and customer" charged me for a flight that I had refunded and now whenever I call they talk over me and pretty much call me an idiot

Tip for consumers: Never ever ever ever use this website

christ381
5/15/19

Booked a round trip flight to Ft. Myers and back. Recd the "itinerary" via email and never really looked at it until it was getting close to leaving. Went to check in for outbound flight from MKE and guess what? The flight had been cancelled!! Never received any update, nothing. Entered confirm # and it was only for the return flight from FT Myers ON THE WRONG DAY!! Tried calling, and after long hold time got a message that said leave a message and we will call you back. RIGHT. No call back. No outbound flight, wrong return flight. We had to rebook at an astronomical cost both directions. DO NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO BOOK THROUGH THIS BOGUS FLY BY NIGHT GARBAGE COMPANY!!! These people are vacation wreckers and only in the business for their own airline commissions.

rital104
5/15/19

MyflightSearch scammed me on two flights I tried to book with them. Took my money but
no e-ticket.
VISA will refund both and the RCMP are looking into this fraud as well as another site
travelavion that is also a scammer and has ties to My Flight Search.

traceyl61
5/13/19

Booked 6 months ago and the flight times changed which didn't work for us so they said we would be refunded. Still waiting for my money. Every time I call they say it will be there in two weeks!
Asked again to speak to a supervisor and was told there was not one available!!
I said it was BS and asked where they were located. He told me Las Vegas. Whatever
Totally bunch of scammers
I can't believe they haven't been shut down yet!
I'm going to be their worst $#*!ing nightmare!!

shelleyg46
5/13/19

I inadvertently booked a flight through them because I googled the airline and this website came up first looking like the carrier site. 2 minutes after I realized what I had done, I called them to cancel. Not only was the flight $100 more than what it cost to book direct it was also in US dollars and not Canadian which it did not specify until after it was booked. I received an email confirmation that I would receive a full refund. It has been 2 months and I have called 3 times when I can even get through as most often I am put on hold and then disconnected. I am always told I will receive my refund in a few days and I still have not. I have talked to at least 10 different people in customer service and they are all trained liars! The stories are unbelievable. I don't expect that I will ever receive my $700.00 back. I cannot believe that they can get away with this!!!

yusnelysp
5/7/19

I bought a flight ticket with them and a few minutes after I cancelled it I got my cancellation email and it have two months and still I am waiting to get my money back

lisak407
5/2/19

Total scam! Liars! Charged Mc & sent legit email confirmation w/booking # and flight # etc. Daughter arrives at WestJet & she's not on plane to come home! Calls flight search & they lie to her saying flight was cancelled but she can pay them for another flight! They lie to me saying charge didn't go through! More lies. Total bull$#*!

kimberlyf111
4/29/19

They liked and said they were Allegiant Airline. Which was a total lie. I informed them I did not wanna use there service when I realized they were not being truthful. The money was taken out of my account and now they will not refund. Everytime I call they hang up the phone on me.

staceyw84
4/22/19

I googled Porter Airlines and the first headline link was "Porter Airlines Flights from Toronto". Apparently it took me to a 3rd party company - "My flight search.com" which i didn't realize. I booked a flight with return for $260 + and received a confirmed email. Half an hour later, this person calls from "My flight search" and said the flight price had gone up $100 and we were unable to keep our initial confirmed price even after it being CONFIRMED. Not to mention, the price was in US Dollars which did not state. I cancelled the flight. Went online, and still it was the same $250 + i originally booked. I called back, and they said the computers take time to process new prices. We called porter airlines and they were aware of a third party company, and did not have any price point similar to the one i booked.

SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM TO ME.

sougatad1
4/20/19

The whole place, starting with the owner & CEO, is a place of fraudsters...
- Employees are cheated of their salaries and mandatory dues (provident fund fraud, Income Tax fraud)
- customers are cheated on fares
- Suppliers are cheated on dues
- Government are cheated of taxes
- Work in Gurgaon heat, without AC
- Sell and then get cheated out of your incentive on pretentious reasons
- Quit, and you lose everything that is due

kelseyh35
4/16/19

Booked my flight online for what I thought were dates of 04/18-04/21. Looked at my confirmation and they were the complete wrong dates!! When I tried to call and have my flight either changed or refunded they said that there was nothing they could do since I booked online. IT WAS THEIR WEBSITE THAT HAD THE GLITCH. Wish I would have read these comments before booking through their bull$#*! website. I will be contacting the attorney general and BBB if they don't fix this situation.

craigd138
4/9/19

This site has nothing to do with booking flights, I booked online got a booking confirmation number. A day later I was emailed and informed there was a problem with my credit card. It was cleared up over the phone and I was assured the flight was confirmed. Two days prior to the flight I was informed that my reservation was cancelled at my request which was absolutely untrue. I have yet to incur any suspicious activity on my credit card to date, nonetheless, I suspect this was an attempt to collect credit card information. Stay away!

kimh427
3/27/19

I contacted them by mistake as their number was the result of my search for Air Canada Reservations. They answered the phone "Reservations, how may I help you"... after booking my flight for $760, received a "verification email that was from domain name "travelavion.com", not Air Canada!!! Immediately called my credit card company to dispute transaction that hit my card for $343 from "SKR My Flight Search"??? Sad, Sad, Sad - grateful for my credit card company who honors their good customers.

diannes137
3/26/19

I booked a flight for two from SLC to Houston on Expedia. Next day I received an email from Expedia Travel Services' stating my seats were not confirmed and that I needed to call the airline to confirm my seats. I did call United and somehow got this creepy rude guy from India. He never at any time indicated we had seats with Expedia and told me I had to pay 48$ per person each leg. I really resisted this but he made me feel like I had no choice. Meanwhile, credit card was charged 196$ for two seats even though I had already paid Expedia 709$. Many calls with expedia, united and my bank later I finally filed dispute with bank. We shall see if I prevail. These guys are total scammers! I knew it wasn't right! They got me!

valerieg102
3/1/19

I am searching all ways way to report them.
I contacted them by mistake as their number came up when I was searching for Delta's number.
I was talking to somebody regarding some plane ticket and realized he was not being truthful about some details on the tickets (time between plane, pets allowed on board....) , so I decided to not purchase through them.
I had already given my credit card info but as I was still on the call, I told them I didnt want to go through with the purchase. (He had also advised me that I had 48 hours to cancel).
I received a confirmation email for the cancellation, saying that my credit card wouldn't be charged.
I NEVER RECEIVED A TICKET.
And my card was indeed FRAUDULENTLY CHARGED. The charges show as delta airlines (Myflightsearch purchased the tickets on Delta.com with my card info, therefore my credit card company was not able to dispute the charges).

nancyr349
3/1/19

TOTAL SCAM - DO NOT USE MYFLIGHTSEARCH! Received email - "Congratulations! Your flight has been booked" along with detailed flight information, credit card number and charges, etc. - as you would normally see with a legitimate company. Went to check in within 24 hours of departure, to find my flight was never booked! When I called, they said they tried to call me to tell me my seat was not available after all (I suppose if I had answered, they would have tried to raise the price, as others have mentioned). They acknowledged that no email was sent to notify me of the ticketing issue, but had no explanation for that. I had to book a last minute ticket and spend hundreds more than I should have!

alessandras11
2/21/19

WARNING!! myflightsearch.com are SCAMMERS!!!

On January 6th my dad was scammed out of $400. For some reason, while trying to cancel my mom and dad's airplane reservation I called their phone number. They had all the information so I didn't feel anything was wrong. They informed me that there would be a cancellation fee but that I could have it refunded because it was because of medical reasons.
I went to the airline to submit the letter from the hospital to get the refund. Only the ticket fare was granted, when I asked why the cancellation fee was not refunded the airline told me that they never charge a cancellation fee, that I should call my bank because i had been a victim of fraud.

I immediately called them and have been given the runaround ever since.

I have been told to call in 72 hours, that they would call me in 72 hours, I have talked to Janet in the customer service department, to email the customer service department, to wait a week, etc.

It's been a month and a half and today the assured me they would deposit the $400 my dad was scammed out of.

Of course this did not happen so I am letting everybody know about them and what scammers they really are.

Please be aware of these people! Adi or Ary and Janet are part of this operation so if you get them on the phone for some reason hang up immediately they're only out to get your money!!!

earlg38
1/16/19

We unfortunately bought tickets to Italy through MyFlightSearch, and received a confirmation email for our tickets and flight dates. Made arrangements accordingly just to find out, they had made a mistake on the date of our return, and we had to return home one day early, losing 1 day in Rome, losing $1109 for an Almafi Coast tour, and losing $348 x 2 rooms non refundable in Rome because of this one mistake. After 3 hrs of arguing on phone and ruining our last night in Rome, they promised a $600 refund. To this date, over 3 months later, there is no refund, just excuses. They are a scam company. Please don't use them, save your money and frustration.

adil4
1/11/19

The worst they charge me double and it's nonrefundable will never order from them they're lying they told me it's going to be 700 when I checked my Credit card I paid 1100 and when I called I wanna cancel they said my ticket is nonrefundable what joke people don't get robbed

zakk13
12/11/18

BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY
I M A TRUE RESIDENTS OF CANADA THEY FALSEFY THE RESERVATION PRICES THEY WILL OVER CHARGE YOU MAKR FALSE PROMISES AND DELIBERERTLY SEND RESERVATION INFORMATION LATE
THEY WILL CHARGE ADMIN CHARGES AND REFUND AFTER MONTHS
YOU WILL BE FIGHTING WITH THEM FOR TIME IN TIME OUT
Do not trust them with your credit card info once charged very very hard to fight the charges

victoriam225
12/9/18

BEWARE!!! It is a scam. They offer a good price on a flight itinerary and then tell you the e-tickets will be coming in an e-mail soon. They have your credit card info at this point and you think you have a reservation. Then they send you an e-mail with a reference number and your (fake) flight info and details of the cost with taxes and fees. So you make all of your travel plansvacation days from work, hotels, ground transportation, etc.. But then you try to contact them about the e-ticket that never came. They don't answer your emails. When you call their 24/7 800 number, they put you on hold for a long time, and then you get a recording to leave your information and they will call you back. They do not call you back. Finally, when it is close to your departure time/date, you get to talk to someone who pretends to be "helping you with your problem" by locating your lost e-ticket. This is a soulless slick salesman who has you backed into a corner now because you are invested and Flight Search, Inc. has your credit card info. The salesman tells you that unfortunately your flight has increased in price from $800 to $4000! And you didn't secure the original price, so you have to pay the new charge. BUT, miraculously he is able to save you $2000 by booking you on a different route. WAIT! WHAT??? This unscrupulous company lies and misreprents what they are doing in order to put the customer in a desperate situation and then pressure them to make a costly decision on the spot. DO NOT FALL FOR THESE TRICKS! The positive reviews are obviously fake and written by the same few people who cannot even spell or use correct grammar. The salesman I spoke to had a thick Indian accent and was very condescending. Flight Search, Inc should not be allowed to operate.

steveb832
11/18/18

Thought we called Allegiant to make flight reservations. All went well and we made the flight. Upon receipt of our credit card statement we had a booking fee charge of $533.98 from Flight Search. We had no idea we were talking to this company and no disclosure of booking fees was discussed, we were never sent an invoice either. At this point we are stuck with filing a grievance with both the credit card company and Flight Search. Reputable businesses do not act in this manner.

georgeh315
11/13/18

They charged me an extra fee on my booking and when I disputed they emailed me that there will be a refund. Never happened even after 2 months.
I don't understand if they are fraudulent why there is no action against them...

No, this is not a legitimate site. They are scammers. Do not book with these people!

By Sandra C.

Because nobody has ever filed a class action suit. Somewhere somehow one needs to be filed. They are vacation wreckers.

By Chris T.

They charged $230 to make a flight reservation from Chicago toAtlanta for two people

By George Z.

Nope. You have to leave a message and they will never call you back.

By Chris T.

Because they are not actually reserving your seat. The price they have given you is fictitious. Later they will say that the price has gone up, and you will be left stranded if you do not pay extra.

By Victoria M.

Withdraw as fast as you can and use a legit booking site like Orbitz

By Chris T.

American. Then in my case the first flight of a 3 plane trip was through westjet so it appeared on my cc as a payment to westje tFSI. Then they cancelled my ticket did not inform me for some time then said they would refund ha ha. I have been on the phone with them for numerous days now but am getting the bums rush.

By Derek D.

That's because they are scamming you. They might let you leave a message, but will only call you back if they think they have an opportunity to get even more money from you.

By Victoria M.

WAS YOUR TICKET EXPENSIVE,PLEASE CHECK THEIR SERVICE FEE,WHICH WILL BE MORE THAN $50-500.Cnecktge real price with airline....

By Charles H.

This 3rd party site is a total scam. They take payment send flight details but they never send your payment to the airlines. They keep it for themselves! So when you arrive for your flight you're not on it. Book direct to save yourself the hassle and the money that you'll never get back

By Lisa K.
Questions? Get answers from the MyFlightSearch staff and other customers.

2 Photos for MyFlightSearch