Review of FishingBooker

Tel: +1-888-395-2564
admin@fishingbooker.com

valeries188
8/1/19

Seemed like an easy way to book a charter fishing trip but the reviews on the site seem made up. Our Captain was terrible. The trip started an hour earlier than we booked and the services provided did not match the description at all.

randyr147
6/20/19

Do not use FishingBooker. They are not honest. Will blame the captain for issues when it is actually their fault. See note below from the Captain I booked through FishingBooker regarding a deposit that was not returned: "I did not however, refuse to refund your $50. You better take that up with fishing booker. It didn't go to me. If they ask me I'll say refund it." FishingBooker told me the Captain would not refund, but obviously this is not the case. SCAM

susanw534
6/19/19

BUYER BEWARE!! My 15 year old was very ill and the captain said we could cut the trip short and he would only charge us for the time used (3 hours start to finish). We agreed to go back to the marina and the captain said, please take care of the first mate-$200-doing that anyways-he then said he had to call the owner and proceeded to say he couldn't charge us for time used!! VERY dishonest. Felt like a giant scam and definitely not the first time they pulled this one. Paid $1300. The captain and first mate fished the first two hours and caught NOTHING!! Very interesting how "everything" ate their bait. The boat was also very dirty and uncomfortable. Lastly, the owner of the boat told me this was "my problem" and the captain knows the policies so we need to get our money back from him. If you have any ethics or morals, please chose another charter, there are MANY. FishingBooker customer service (Janette) refused to help me with this situation after repeated requests! These people are frauds!!

toms785
6/3/19

3 of us chartered with Captain Jeff Opelt on Lake Erie the end of May. Our 1st day was very windy & cold. Jeff put us on fish all day. We limited with 24 walleyes most over 20 inches. The 2nd day was nasty. Severe Storms were forecasted. Jeff said we might have a short day. We did get rain but the problem was no wind. Jeff again put us on fish with an other limit of walleyes with 20 inches the norm. As you can tell Jeff Opelt is a great guide. However, even more important is his relationship with clients. We were more like his friends. The camaraderie is outstanding. His personality matches his skills. Not only will you catch fish, but you'll definitely enjoy the experience, despite ugly weather.

jessec135
5/30/19

They book your boat, the customer canceled and your out of money, they keep the deposit and tell you sorry, that the policy. Call the charter directly and you or the charter won't get screwed.

suniln13
1/14/19

Today was my 3rd attempt to go fishing using this agent but i've had enough. First time booking got cancelled due to bad weather(understandable). 2nd time got cancelled a day before due to :not enough people booked on the boat, 3rd time i thought yay i finally get to live my life time dream only to drive down an hour to the marina and be told by the captain that fishing booker cancelled it last night. no email, text or phone call. Don't trust this Overseas company anymore. Now I can also see so many bad reviews here. Maybe i should have read all of these first.

leet111
11/20/18

My trip was xld just hours before we took off and it was done via email, even though they had my phone number. We were in a cab, on the way to the dock when the cancellation came through. No explanation either and no way to book with another firm on such short notice. Asked for a phone call several times from fish booker to no avail. Stay away if you need a definite trip!! Shaky!!

danielm704
9/21/18

This was my second trip with Treble Maker Charter and captain Mark Kornosky, I had the best time fishing for Musky's on Lake Ssint Clair if your looking for a top notch guy who knows this lake like the back of his hand Mark's your guy! He put us on fish I caught my personal best with him. I highly recommend Treble Maker charters for your next fishing trip.

johnc1736
9/19/18

We originally booked our fishing trip 30 days prior to fishing date. The rule for consumers is that we need to cancel at least 7 days prior to fishing date. But the captain (GOOD TIMES SPORTS FISHING) canceled 5 days before our trip date. I understand that things can happen...but... The company FISHING BOOKER have no replacements or alternatives in place (in terms of pricing and trip length). We have 4 separate people that all booked hotels and 2 flying in from out of state for this trip. The only thing I got was " we are sorry, but we can book you on a more expensive charter for less fishing time. I gave this booking service another chance, they gave me a 2nd option of booking with another captn thats more expensive with 1 hour less fishing time, 12 hours after booking and paying a deposit online i received an email telling me that the charter is again not available. This is just unacceptable. This is the first I booked with Fishing Booker and will never book with them again. I NOW SEE THAT THERE ARE OTHER REVIEWS FOR BOOKING ISSUES AS WELL, SO PLEASE THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO BOOK WITH THEM ESP IF YOU ARE COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN. I NOW HAVE TO BE ON THE SEARCH OF OTHER LAST MINUTE FISHING CHARTERS.

mikei47
8/30/18

Booked a trip based on availability on their website, booked hotel. After couple days they told me that the trip is not available. Pissed me off.

jamesc939
7/19/18

Booked Dreamboats Portugal through fishing booker.com and captain cancelled on morning of trip due to bad weather conditions. Terms and Conditions state I get deposit refunded as I did not cancel the trip. This is far from the case as Fishingbooker.com held the deposit and sided with the captain of Dreamboats and also whilst in dispute released the money to captain and told me it was unfortunate and they couldnt help me now as funds had already gone. Awful service and treatment. STAY CLEAR AND BOOK THROUGH AN ALTERNATIVE SITE

michaels1536
6/30/18

We were shown a very nice 45 foot boat and when we were verified they sent us a photo and a name of the boat with no length mentioned!!!!!!!! When we arrived after paying 1000.00 for a very old 33 foot boat We were very disappointed. This boat which only has 1 good seat the rest of the seats were cushions on top of coolers, was not the boat we paid for. After the 1000.00 payment we saw that other boats this size were 500 to 600. After my poor review the captain had the nerve to reply to my review that I was a bad sport because we didnt catch anything. I have been fishing in Cabo many times and sometimes have not caught anything.....this sometimes happens and has nothing to do with this Bait and switch. THIS COMPANY RIPPED ME OFF. Showing me the 45 foot boat then booking me an old 33 foot boat. I will never book with fishing booker again. I can go on about the rude comments made by the captain after only a 35.00 tip,but I will spare the drama

rickm274
6/29/18

I have contacted the booking company www.fishingbooker.com many times now for 2 weeks, and they are unwilling to refund my deposit. Even though it was the fishing captain who cancelled our early morning booking due to bad weather. He wanted to change to later in the day, again because of bad weather that morning, but we decided it did not work for us, which is in their policy to refund us. So not only did the captain cancel our original booking, which deserves a refund based on their policy, but the bad weather also is part of their policy to refund our deposit in full.

It was a fishing trip. The captain cancelled the original booking due to bad weather. Their policy states cancellations due to captain changing the booking was due a full refund of the deposit. And that includes bad weather. Now not honoring policy.

Questions? Get answers from the FishingBooker staff and other customers.

6 Photos for FishingBooker