Review of Kate Spade

customer_care@katespade.com
2017 Customer choice award

nancym499
11/15/18

Just bought my 1st Kate Spade bag online. It was well over $125 and looks cheap as hell. The leather is very thin. It is also my LAST KS bag. Will never buy another bag online. You really need to examine one 'in the flesh'.

angelas374
10/17/18

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I have a couple of Kate Spade bags but it was my first time ordering internationally online. It was Extra 30% so I ordered right away. They took the money out my Paypal account THE SAME DAY. After 7 business days, I received an incredibly smaller bag with no dust bag ( I'm guessing this is an OUTLET BAG). Called TWICE just to get the return label. And after sending the item back, almost 2 months after my initial purchase, MY MONEY IS OUT OF NOWHERE!! They said they issued a refund but my Paypal account never got anything. Because if it does, it will say PENDING initially. I opened a claim on Paypal but they were not responding. I only received crappy email from them which looked like it was copy pasted over and over again. Telling me it will be 5-10 business days. But still nothing!! VERY HORRIBLE EXPERINCE!!!

xkates
10/11/18

I would give this no stars if the option was available. I recently purchased a Kate Spade crossbody purse and within two weeks the strap broke. I then reached out to customer service and was totally blown off.

So very disappointed. Will never purchase another Kate Spade product again. Is the company going down hill since she died?

marcellem7
10/11/18

Every outlet visit I had nothing but good service. I work in customer service and even teach my workers good customer service. That's what I got every time. I even had the opportunity to work with the mainland office and my problem was solved quickly and efficient. Thank you for the good experience.

cindym325
10/3/18

Really? I ordered the backpack (black with white dots) a Kate spade trademark color. They send me black with red poppy's. I call. They say sorry will send me correct bag. I get another black with red poppy's. Now I'm told they are out and I can't get the one I ordered. Really? Out forever? Oh no. Just can't get the sale price but they will give me 15 percent off the next one. Ummm I can get that discount any time. I won't order again.

debbieh237
9/24/18

I purchased a large brief case a year ago. After just 6 months the stitching started to come out. I hardly ever carried the bag, so I checked into getting it repaired and found out I will have to send it to a repair shop in NJ to get it fixed. Too much trouble and expense. Bag is beautiful but I won't purchase any more Kate Spade products due to poor quality/workmanship.

darcys23
8/31/18

Currently, on my fourth call with customer service. They lost my bag that I returned via the store I bought it from. It's been over three weeks that I've been waiting for the refund. I get a different story from them every time I call. Once customer service agent assured me I'd be getting a refund by today. Still nothing. Are they going to pay for the purchase interest on my VISA bill? NO. Never shopping there again. Not worth the hassle or the price point.

karrien1
8/21/18

I ordered two cross body bags. Looking forward to it, finally said delivered. I look and it was only 1 bag in there. I contacted the chat rep, they told me since we saw on your history it happened before, we can't credit or reship it to you, sorry.

Sorry? I have spent money for something I didn't receive, all I get is a sorry? And yes you are right, missing items isn't the first time happened to me, so what kind of business is this? For this company to just think only the customer out there in this world committing fraud? How about maybe you guys are having problems with employee in the packaging department too? Yes it can be an honest human mistake.... but this is not the type of customer service people who spent so much on your products.

Hundreds of dollars is being wasted just to say there's nothing we can do this time.

I love the products but customer experience is sh*t. Trust me, for me to say this when every single purse I have in my closet is Katespade, it's about damn time for me to take my business somewhere else who's value me and my business.

I can't even get no invoice for my purchase, they got the balls to tell me " it's unfortunate but nothing we can do "...

michellev89
6/14/18

I made a mistake by not correcting the mailing address in which I called 5 minutes after I made the order the correct it and they told me they couldnt do anything about it and my item was ship to a strangers address and i lost my money. A little bit more sympathy to your customers could be appreciated!

elsam17
5/22/18

I order 1 purse and a wallet on the site. They say the delivery was 2 weeks after. I was really looking forward to receive it. But then I checked on the site to see where my package was. It said they resend it to the origin because they did not have access to the building??? This is a dental office and there is always access even after hours because there are other businesses. Not only that, they have my phone and my email address, they could have contact me anytime. I chat with someone and they say they cant resend it back. I am really disappointed. And by the way, we order so many things from everywhere, amazon, best buy, dental companies, ebay, and so on, We have never had a problem like this. Incredible. By the way, this was my mother's day gift. So no gift to me thanks to Kate Spade

joyd55
5/20/18

I got the Ma Cherie Cafe Satchel with the matching adorable dog wallet. I have a variety of handbags and this was my first AND LAST Kate Spade! I thought it was so unique and reminded me of a little Parisian cafe. I carried it for less than a month, had little more than the wallet in it so it wasnt heavy or anywhere near full, and one morning the shoulder strap just broke off. I am very careful with everything I own and am not hard on anything. A tiny metal piece had actually broken, so there was no way to reattach it! That night, we brought it back to the store we had purchased it from and they initially filled out paperwork and said they would send it off to Kate Spade for repairs and it should be back in 6-8 weeks. A couple of days later, the store called with an apology, stating that Kate Spade doesnt repair any of their bags! All the other brands that store carries do repairs, and Kate Spade is the only one that doesnt! What a huge disappointment! The store gave us a full refund for the defective product, but I still want to warn others not to bother with a Kate Spade purchase!

swethac
5/15/18

I made a HUGE mistake of ordering for the first time from the supposedly prestigious katespade.com. I unfortunately placed the same order twice which is likely to open sometimes. I called them right away requesting them to cancel one of the duplicate orders. Today was the 5th time I called customer care and every time they assure me that they will be canceling the order and that the request for cancellation didn't get through properly. How many times can a cancellation request go wrong? unless Kate spade has employed retarded customer care employees. I'm still waiting for one of the orders to be cancelled. If it doesn't happen Kate Spade will loose a customer forever and I will make sure I post this on facebook to let people know how fraudulent the company is.

nickh136
4/24/18

Kate Spade ruined my girlfriend's birthday by canceling my order just 5 hours after I live chatted with Matthew, a representative who said that it would arrive by the time I needed it. Horrible. Then I get an email that they've canceled without explanation. And my credit card has still been charged. NEVER AGAIN!!! STAY AWAY!

heatherg96
4/22/18

I ordered a graduation present for my son's girlfriend last April 13, 2017, it broke April 21. 2018. I had not received the bag in the mail a year ago and I did not give it as a present until May 2017. But they will not stand behind their product...I'm disgusted and will not buy their products again.

scottv30
4/2/18

I've loved Kate Spade's designs for a long time, but after multiple encounters with their low-quality products and honestly terrible customer service, I can't justify shopping at this store any more.

I've paid them hundreds of dollars over the course of 5 years now on products like wallets, purses, and watches. In nearly all cases, their products have been extremely low-quality and broken after just a few short months. Watch batteries have died or their gears have broken, purse zippers and stitching has come apart, and the most recent issue has been a defective wallet that was shipped to me right out of the box.

The wallet was a gift to my SO. The wallet's clasp was broken when it arrived. After trying to get a replacement, customer service filed the wrong type of replacement and provided me misinformation about how to process it. I eventually caught their mistake over a week later, and called them again to fix it. Over the phone, another representative made more mistakes: refunding me instead of giving me a replacement and telling me even more wrong information about how to proceed (information that conflicted with the previous representative too).

After waiting for 3 more weeks with no follow-up and no new wallet, I just called them this morning. I was on the phone for over 1 hour while I had to have this escalated to two managers just to get someone who wasn't disrespectful and who could explain their own company's policies. Ultimately they couldn't provide any significant compensation despite acknowledging their multiple failures and misinformation. I have experience with other companies equivalent to Kate Spade (not going to give them free advertising) who have owned up to their mistakes and provided a sharp discount and/or equivalent price in gift cards. Kate Spade did not even come close to an appropriate response. They didn't even file my refund until I called them over the phone and complained!

Instead, Jennifer "couldn't authorize anything more" and seemed to just want to get me off the phone. A pathetic response to their failures is the reason I will not shop at Kate Spade in the future, and I hope this encourages others to avoid their store as well.

heidew
3/19/18

Bought a large tote 1 yr 3 months ago. Handles coming apart and fraying. Store said they would not replace but I could send it in and get an estimate for my cost to fix. Really!!! The purse is only a year old and was not used everyday. Wrote corporate and they said the same thing. 2 of my friends have the same purse with the same problem. 1 could return since it was under a year. Its obviously a defect in the product , workmanship. Will never buy another Kate spade product.

amyk139
1/26/18

I bought a $30 Kate Spade water bottle (glass, with a silicon sleeve and plastic lid) from a department store. It dropped, and the handle broke off the lid. I emailed the company to request a replacement lid, and they just said flat out NO. Ridiculous!

mariahc12
1/14/18

Although the actual bag and wallet I received was of good quality the customer service was not. I ordered $300 of products off of the Kate Spade website in early December. DHL contacted me saying I owed custom fees, which I already paid on the Kate Spade website. So when I contacted Kate Spade via email I was told to pay the DHL fees and send a picture of the receipt and I would get a refund of the charges which was $100, so I did that. They said I would get a confirmation email 3-5 business days saying the refund was on its way, this email never came. After 7 business days I emailed again, and once again received an email saying I would have more information in 3-5 business days. After not receiving an email, I emailed again this time a little more upset, and having stated I called the customer service number and waited an hour on hold with not hearing a word from an actual human. They responded with an excuse saying just since the time of the year it is really busy. Which I understand, but waiting an entire month for my refund which was promised to me is unacceptable, especially since Christmas has been over for 3 weeks now. Just overall not impressed at all.

lanef
12/31/17

This site is an obsession that has emptied my bank account too often. I have found some of the most unique bags I purchased at any price. No longer owned by spade and now part of Coach which is no longer Coach but tapestry. What will become of the styles has yet to be seen. I shopped this year and got many great unique items at a sale price. Very good customer service in the stores, and the online tries to be just as good. This is why I keep coming back.

mirnas7
12/29/17

Every penny is well spent. Their products are awesome!! I bought a hand bag that is great! I always receive complimets about it. The style and colors are fabulous!

mariskan1
12/27/17

I had the worst 1st experience from you all. I received a defective lunch tote and was sent around the world just to get a replacement after being told It was out of stock. Then before asking to speak with a manager, I was offered 15% off for future purchases which is the same for email sign up. After begging to speak with a manager, I got Shannon who was great. She told me that her inventory said she had 7 left which was a different system that the guy before and that she would overnight me one and I would receive it today. Well last night, I received an email that my order was canceled. When I called Customer service, I was told after a 20 minute wait that it was out of stock. And there was nothing that could be done. This was the worst experience and now Im stuck with a lunch tote that is defective or none at all. Im highly upset at the way multiple customer service reps have treated me. Im a very unhappy customer! #ihateKateSpade

kristir14
12/13/17

I have read the reviews and it seems like a lot of people are whining over minor stuff. I am shocked that some people are complaining for things that were their own fault! Just stop!

I did purchase my 1st Kate Spade bag back in February of this year and a couple weeks ago, I noticed that the rubber-type edging on the handles started pulling apart. I contacted Customer Service immediately via email, sent them photos, proof of purchase and style number of my bag. Within 2 days, I got a response from someone named Erica and she was most helpful! I was able to get a replacement purse (not the same purse but same value). It is being shipped to me. But overall the company backed their warranty and the Customer Service was outstanding! I do love the quality of the purse! It is just the handle finishing edge, I don't think it's catastrophic! The material is durable and wipes clean with a wet cloth. The overall quality is outstanding! I highly recommend Kate Spade Purses!

Tip for consumers: I highly recommend Kate Spade Purses!

tl100
10/12/17

Like all other stores, employees just greet the ones they like based on superficial factors. They're MUCH more likely to greet and help white, more attractive and "cooler" people. The same people get ignored and poorly treated, and they tend to be more Asian, uglier, with a more "awkward" vibe, or whatever it is.

I browsed forever in that tiny boutique, and employees completely ignored me, even while I kept looking at bags and jewelry, obviously interested in them. Meanwhile, a white or semi-white person can just immediately enter and browse, not really interested, and they'll be showered with the kindest and most reverent type of attention. I can come in with a KATE SPADE bag or equivalent, and employees will still ignore me and NOT SEE MY BAG, while a white or better-looking person can come in with a Target bag and ratty clothes, and employees with STILL shower her with the most angelic attention.

Very unfair. Be much better as an ugly Asian, and you'll still be seen as much worse. Be actually much worse as a white or attractive person, and you'll still be seen as much better.

Tip for consumers: If you're white and pretty, expect to be showered with positive attention. But if you're Asian and average-looking or worse, expect to be ignored. You'll have to ASK for help, and when you do, you'll be treated condescendingly and assumed to know nothing about high-end fashion, even if you're dressed head to toe in it. Same with all others stores, high end or low end.

jadel25
9/15/17

They put a hold on my gift card balance after the website failed to process the order I placed. Called customer service and they told me it would take 3-5 days to reinstate the funds so I wasn't able to re-submit the order during the stated sales period. Customer service could care less and said nothing more they could do. Not a fan of Kate Spade products and just trying to spend the gift card I got but would not shop here again and definitely not recommend to anyone.

carlenek
9/10/17

So I ordered the COBBLE HILL TARYN bag on sale for $87. I put in my shipping information and by accident entered in the wrong zip code, but kate spade still read the address correctly (even though the location does not exist on a map) and processed my order. I was waiting over 2 weeks for my order when I decided to call Kate Spade customer service. A rep named Lisa picked up the phone and started telling me how my order was RETURNED TO SENDER and I'm going to get a refund. I told her, I don't want the refund, I want the bag! She said "sorry maam, you have to repurchase the item because of the wrong information you entered." I FLIPPED OUT... If I entered wrong information, Kate Spade system should of never processed my order, they would not process it if I entered the wrong credit card information. They should of contacted me for the right address or never processed my order in the first place. I'M SOOO MAD BECAUSE I WAS WAITING FOR THIS BAG TO GO ON SALE. but THEIR POLICY dictates that they have to refund me the money and then I'd have to purchase it at full price. NEVER EVER SHOPPING WITH KATE SPADE AGAIN. Don't get me wrong, I like their bags, BUT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY IS RIDICULOUS!
I'D GIVE THEM NO STARS IF I COULD.

107 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Kate Spade staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Kate Spade