Review of Kate Spade

customer_care@katespade.com
2018 Customer choice award

patriciaa337
7/5/19

Im waiting for my refund for a couple of days already. Ive been chatting with their customer service they always end fast. $#*! that and I already emailed them ive got no reply. They get the money fast but its hard to get a refund!

amandaw282
7/1/19

The most dreadful customer service ever!!
My bag was signed for at their returns address, 19 days ago and I STILL haven't had my refund!!
I have emailed countless times and just get fobbed off. I will never buy from this company again!

chukab
6/26/19

I have ordered an item and after a couple of days the order status did not change from "processing order". I called customer service and they told that it will take at least a week to ship the item. I asked to cancel the order but I was told that it is impossible due to "how fast things are going". What a terrible service!!!

marians54
6/22/19

Ordered a phone cover on line, received a handbag instead, contacted the company to let them know as I am sure the hand bag is more expensive than the phone cover. Should not have bothered, they want me to organize returning the handbag and are telling me that I then need to re-order the phone cover. As I have not made the mistake not really sure why I would need to do this, I would have expected a company like Kate Spade to deliver the correct item and collect the handbag, obviously I was mistaken. There are plenty of companies who are much better to deal with, do not order online from this company

priscillac47
5/29/19

I was at The Foley, Alabama Kate Spade store and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable of the products. It was my second visit to the store and my second purchase. I will digoxin back and recommend the store

chloeb116
5/24/19

I purchased myself a wallet for my birthday which I assumed I was paying $90 AUD for. When my payment was processed I found out that that the price was in USD, meaning that I was charged an extra $50!
Not only that, but 2 payments of the same high cost were taken out of my account. This took my bank account into negative figures and I couldn't afford food and travel to work for 3 days! Kate Spade did NOT mention a double payment on their website. When I brought this up with customer service, they did not apologise and did not guarantee getting me my money back.
Please don't take the risk of buying with them, especially over seas and / or with PayPal!

beatricer18
5/22/19

The store manger is atrocious. Lacking all qualities of being a manager. ZERO customer service skills. Clearly the wrong choice for such a quality Brand.The hiring manager missed on this one.

lo54
5/18/19

I had bought Kate Spade for years, having spent thousands for handbags, shoes and accessories.
First week of December 2018, the metal zipper pull to my wallet broke off and was lost. The next day, I went to its San Francisco store expecting repair service. Staff took my wallet, said it would take 2 to 3 weeks, I said I was willing to pay.
Returned after 3 weeks and my wallet was not returned. Then after 2 months, still not returned. I called, not in. On April 19, after 4.5 months, they had my wallet and said due to a repair policy change, they could not fix it. COULD NOT replace the parta small, metal zipper pull for a wallet that I purchased from their company. The store staff...no apology, no sympathy, not friendly. The zipper pull breaking was a defect and they would not accommodate me. I wrote "Customer Service" (yes, in quotes) about my experience and never received a reply. Yeah, I'm pissed!
L of SF

bubblesb1
4/23/19

One of the worst customer service I have experienced. When you call them.theh have such cold answers that you would think why did you even call. I placed my order a d it's been 7 days it's showing label created . REALLY ?? why you will not ship it ? It should have arrived by now and still sitting at their warehouse.

jennifern219
4/20/19

I have been purchasing both from the Kate Spade full priced store and the outlet stores (for clothing and gifts for young adults).
The online surprise sale is almost always outlet stuff! I live near both so I go and check them out. Let me tell you get what you pay for don't except to have great quality for $100 if you want that go to the main stores. You do pay 2-3× but I find that if you like a bag and wait for it to be on sale with an additional 30% it's totally worth it! The full price store leather bags all come with dust bags AND there gift boxes (I ask for all of mine to be boxed) is gorgeous!! If you wait your looking about $200-$300 for a great bag that won't break on you unlike the other bags that I've gotten at the outlets. (Hence why I no longer purchase from there).

natashat39
3/23/19

I received a Kate Spade bag for Christmas from my boyfriends mother.
I felt so honored to receive such a high end bag with much significance to it her putting so much thought into one of my most favorite designers.. An absolute blessing
One grateful Kate Spade received from
Mrs. Diana Gallo of Long Island N.Y.

mariem260
2/21/19

Recently I prurchased five items from the online sale, and one product was over sold. They sent me an email asking if I would like a similar product instead. After several messages later they stated it's no longer available even though they asked me for further details. They could've simply stated all the products were no longer available instead of wasting my time.

madb7
2/6/19

So my shipping address and billing address are different. Somehow my billing address was filled in for both once I placed the order. I immediately realized what had happened and emailed customer service. They said they would do their best to fix it. They did not. They said I would receive an update in a couple days. I also did not. When I emailed someone about it later on and they just basically said oops too late it was already shipped. So now my item is in Canada and the post office there probably wont hold on to it until I'm back in Canada. I've had better customer service from Romwe

kimberlyg151
1/12/19

I ordered 2 handbags with no problems online . The quality and customer service was great and went through Shoprunner got 2 day free shipping . Kate Spade has Great online shopping and customer service.

cherryg14
12/29/18

They shipped a package without sealing it, making the package vulnerable to any thieves. Kate Spade refused to take responsibility. They can't even explain why they did not seal the box prior to shipping.

cindyl310
12/29/18

Do yourself a favor and do not order from here!! I ordered a bracelet and they lost my packet. Customer service is a joke!!! They literally will lie to you to get rid of you. Long story short, my bracelet that they send out was broken. It has been a month since I shipped the order back and no refund.

Tip for consumers: DONT!!

thef29
12/28/18

They shipped my order and after a month of not receiving it and multiple calls to customer service I realise it was shipped to someone else. I assume this because they shipped me someone else's order (from Texas, meanwhile I live in Canada). I tell them about it and they tell me to ship it back for them. They insist that this rarely happens and that no one else has received my order, despite me receiving another person's order and the multiple online reviews. After about 6 calls and different unhelpful agents -one told me to figure it out with ups despite the tracking number being non-existent with ups- they finally reshipped my order. It took 5 weeks to get an order that was supposed to arrive after 5-7 business days. The bags were scratched and one of the items was out of stock. Not ordering from them again and will most probably never purchase anything from Kate Spade again due to the declining quality of their merchandise.

tatianad24
12/22/18

The first time I ever ordered from them was during their recent "Black Friday" sale, when they had 30% off everything. I purchased two items with 30% off the full, regular price. I initiated a return request just two days after I received my order, but I was shocked to find out that those were final sale items, with only 30% off! Since it was my first time buying from them, I did not know I had to watch for final sale indication at checkout!!! It did not say so anywhere on the product page, something I was used to with other retailers, so they got me. I feel deceived and disgusted by the way they make business. On top of that, the bag came with a scratch. And nowhere, not even the receipt said it was a final sale! I am wondering how did only 30% off qualify for a final sale at all? Funny thing is, now they have even greater sale on what I bought (60%), Well, I will never buy from them again due to their lack of transparency about final sale items, forcing unaware consumers to keep items they do not want and I am making sure all my friends know about my disappointing experience.

judeh21
12/19/18

Purchased on the website that said 75% off ship to Canada or US free put in Canadian address and expected to be billed in Canadian. No where did it say it was us funds, Then I was also billed over $50.00 for duty with no mention of that on my final bill at check out.
Paid $236.00 and it is available on Amazon and many other sites for half that. Very disappointed and will not purchase a Kate Spade product again.

lisanc
12/17/18

I purchased a bag and was supposed to get one free....ha...I should have known it was too good to be true. Now, I have to wait for 'permission' to return the item to them. WOW! Never again. Don't trust this website and read everything twice. Notified my CC company. Let's see where this ends.......

robint97
12/16/18

We bought a purse on sale knowing there were no returns however the purse that came did not match the description and it had a flaw in the finish. Never again!

hellenp4
12/15/18

Ordered something 3 weeks ago, Kate spade provided the wrong Tracking number with my mobile on it. Obviously our delivery service cant deliver it as it belongs to someone else and has different parcels in it. On the phone/Chat/email to Kate spade for 3 weeks, and was given another tracking number with my NAME and ADDRESS but someone elses mobile. There parcels inside are definately not mine. Have to now deliver it myself back to our delivery service who will need to ship it back to Kate spade.

My parcel?? No where to be found. Terrible customer service, no one seems to have a clue. Asked for a refund and now just waiting for them to 'confirm'. Seems like im not the only one they have screwed over. NEVER NEVER NEVER again..

richardc702
12/13/18

Order processed with incorrect address after the purchase was sent to paypal, spent weeks arguing for a refund, they totally denied any liability, promised a refund two weeks ago and still nothing.
An absolute disgraceful company to live with.

beaus32
12/5/18

Ordered my bag through Kate Spade website and selected the gift option and received it in a plain brown box. I asked others who ordered the same day in my office if they got a gift box they said yes. So I reached out to there customer service and got Mario agent # 12298 who said that order was already placed and he could do nothing. I asked what my options where to get one he replied " The only time you can add a box is in shipping page " which I already did the first time. Bag I received was fine but overall experience was terrible and customer service is garbage. WiIl not order from them ever again

jocelynj18
12/1/18

I have been buying in kate spade north las vegas outlet . Theres a manager there that looks like a clown even the voice looks like a clown . Very un professional and unhelpful.
From month of October and November purchase a total of almost $2500. I returned 2 purses out of those purchased nov 14 to be exact . To date dec 3 .no credit on my account. Different managers told me .they did what they need to do on their end. So kate spade have my merchandise and they are keeping the money . Wow you guys are thief...Kate Spade corporate office .return policy. Sales associates. Manager ( Specifically that one ) I'm pointing out in north las vegas . Shes about 5'in height .looks like a clown from makeup to her clothes she wears...Nothing compare to Michael kors ., Tory burch and burberry ...

107 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Kate Spade staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Kate Spade