Review of Kate Spade

customer_care@katespade.com
2018 Customer choice award

madb7
2/6/19

So my shipping address and billing address are different. Somehow my billing address was filled in for both once I placed the order. I immediately realized what had happened and emailed customer service. They said they would do their best to fix it. They did not. They said I would receive an update in a couple days. I also did not. When I emailed someone about it later on and they just basically said oops too late it was already shipped. So now my item is in Canada and the post office there probably wont hold on to it until I'm back in Canada. I've had better customer service from Romwe

kimberlyg151
1/12/19

I ordered 2 handbags with no problems online . The quality and customer service was great and went through Shoprunner got 2 day free shipping . Kate Spade has Great online shopping and customer service.

cherryg14
12/29/18

They shipped a package without sealing it, making the package vulnerable to any thieves. Kate Spade refused to take responsibility. They can't even explain why they did not seal the box prior to shipping.

cindyl310
12/29/18

Do yourself a favor and do not order from here!! I ordered a bracelet and they lost my packet. Customer service is a joke!!! They literally will lie to you to get rid of you. Long story short, my bracelet that they send out was broken. It has been a month since I shipped the order back and no refund.

Tip for consumers: DONT!!

thef29
12/28/18

They shipped my order and after a month of not receiving it and multiple calls to customer service I realise it was shipped to someone else. I assume this because they shipped me someone else's order (from Texas, meanwhile I live in Canada). I tell them about it and they tell me to ship it back for them. They insist that this rarely happens and that no one else has received my order, despite me receiving another person's order and the multiple online reviews. After about 6 calls and different unhelpful agents -one told me to figure it out with ups despite the tracking number being non-existent with ups- they finally reshipped my order. It took 5 weeks to get an order that was supposed to arrive after 5-7 business days. The bags were scratched and one of the items was out of stock. Not ordering from them again and will most probably never purchase anything from Kate Spade again due to the declining quality of their merchandise.

tatianad24
12/22/18

The first time I ever ordered from them was during their recent "Black Friday" sale, when they had 30% off everything. I purchased two items with 30% off the full, regular price. I initiated a return request just two days after I received my order, but I was shocked to find out that those were final sale items, with only 30% off! Since it was my first time buying from them, I did not know I had to watch for final sale indication at checkout!!! It did not say so anywhere on the product page, something I was used to with other retailers, so they got me. I feel deceived and disgusted by the way they make business. On top of that, the bag came with a scratch. And nowhere, not even the receipt said it was a final sale! I am wondering how did only 30% off qualify for a final sale at all? Funny thing is, now they have even greater sale on what I bought (60%), Well, I will never buy from them again due to their lack of transparency about final sale items, forcing unaware consumers to keep items they do not want and I am making sure all my friends know about my disappointing experience.

judeh21
12/19/18

Purchased on the website that said 75% off ship to Canada or US free put in Canadian address and expected to be billed in Canadian. No where did it say it was us funds, Then I was also billed over $50.00 for duty with no mention of that on my final bill at check out.
Paid $236.00 and it is available on Amazon and many other sites for half that. Very disappointed and will not purchase a Kate Spade product again.

lisanc
12/17/18

I purchased a bag and was supposed to get one free....ha...I should have known it was too good to be true. Now, I have to wait for 'permission' to return the item to them. WOW! Never again. Don't trust this website and read everything twice. Notified my CC company. Let's see where this ends.......

robint97
12/16/18

We bought a purse on sale knowing there were no returns however the purse that came did not match the description and it had a flaw in the finish. Never again!

hellenp4
12/15/18

Ordered something 3 weeks ago, Kate spade provided the wrong Tracking number with my mobile on it. Obviously our delivery service cant deliver it as it belongs to someone else and has different parcels in it. On the phone/Chat/email to Kate spade for 3 weeks, and was given another tracking number with my NAME and ADDRESS but someone elses mobile. There parcels inside are definately not mine. Have to now deliver it myself back to our delivery service who will need to ship it back to Kate spade.

My parcel?? No where to be found. Terrible customer service, no one seems to have a clue. Asked for a refund and now just waiting for them to 'confirm'. Seems like im not the only one they have screwed over. NEVER NEVER NEVER again..

richardc702
12/13/18

Order processed with incorrect address after the purchase was sent to paypal, spent weeks arguing for a refund, they totally denied any liability, promised a refund two weeks ago and still nothing.
An absolute disgraceful company to live with.

beaus32
12/5/18

Ordered my bag through Kate Spade website and selected the gift option and received it in a plain brown box. I asked others who ordered the same day in my office if they got a gift box they said yes. So I reached out to there customer service and got Mario agent # 12298 who said that order was already placed and he could do nothing. I asked what my options where to get one he replied " The only time you can add a box is in shipping page " which I already did the first time. Bag I received was fine but overall experience was terrible and customer service is garbage. WiIl not order from them ever again

jocelynj18
12/1/18

I have been buying in kate spade north las vegas outlet . Theres a manager there that looks like a clown even the voice looks like a clown . Very un professional and unhelpful.
From month of October and November purchase a total of almost $2500. I returned 2 purses out of those purchased nov 14 to be exact . To date dec 3 .no credit on my account. Different managers told me .they did what they need to do on their end. So kate spade have my merchandise and they are keeping the money . Wow you guys are thief...Kate Spade corporate office .return policy. Sales associates. Manager ( Specifically that one ) I'm pointing out in north las vegas . Shes about 5'in height .looks like a clown from makeup to her clothes she wears...Nothing compare to Michael kors ., Tory burch and burberry ...

paulinas8
11/30/18

I purchased a purse and a wallet from Kate Spade during their 75% off surprise sale. The products were expected to deliver by December 10, but to my surprise they just came in today, just 6 days after ordering. Both products were new, great condition and exactly what I wanted. I'm super happy with my two purchases! Wore my purse out already and got so many compliments on it!!

paulaz11
11/29/18

Awful! The products that used to be the real deal are no longer the same. Cheaper quality and even the price tags are now missing. I used to get the bags with the dust cover -- no longer. I suspect that the inventory is (are?) "seconds" and created specifically for the outlet. Just ordered 3 bags as gifts and without exception, all are low quality, small, and have no price tags. No receipt in the box either, so no ability to return. In the past, I was able to return something if it didn't suit, but this is not the case. Is this the beginning of the end? And customer service - pretty much non-existent. When I had an issue and tried to call on a Saturday, pretty sure I got someone at home who really had no interest in helping. Had to call back. Received an individual code for 25% off my next purchase - but guess what - no good on outlet purchases, nor good with any other code in the "normal" Kate Spade on line site. Tried to manage this with customer service, and once the agent "answered" my question, she discontinued the conversation. On the regular KS on-line (not outlet) site, I can no longer get a gift card enclosure. Just sent something to my sister and hope she figures it out. I'm DONE ordering from KS on line. Buyer beware!

kay3
11/24/18

Purchased a cardigan during surprise flash sale, it was a final sale. A used cardigan was received, pilling everywhere, especially the underarm and cuffs. And the care label was cut off. It was used very obviously. I am very disappointed with their quality and honesty!

nancym499
11/15/18

Just bought my 1st Kate Spade bag online. It was well over $125 and looks cheap as hell. The leather is very thin. It is also my LAST KS bag. Will never buy another bag online. You really need to examine one 'in the flesh'.

angelas374
10/17/18

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! I have a couple of Kate Spade bags but it was my first time ordering internationally online. It was Extra 30% so I ordered right away. They took the money out my Paypal account THE SAME DAY. After 7 business days, I received an incredibly smaller bag with no dust bag ( I'm guessing this is an OUTLET BAG). Called TWICE just to get the return label. And after sending the item back, almost 2 months after my initial purchase, MY MONEY IS OUT OF NOWHERE!! They said they issued a refund but my Paypal account never got anything. Because if it does, it will say PENDING initially. I opened a claim on Paypal but they were not responding. I only received crappy email from them which looked like it was copy pasted over and over again. Telling me it will be 5-10 business days. But still nothing!! VERY HORRIBLE EXPERINCE!!!

xkates
10/11/18

I would give this no stars if the option was available. I recently purchased a Kate Spade crossbody purse and within two weeks the strap broke. I then reached out to customer service and was totally blown off.

So very disappointed. Will never purchase another Kate Spade product again. Is the company going down hill since she died?

marcellem7
10/11/18

Every outlet visit I had nothing but good service. I work in customer service and even teach my workers good customer service. That's what I got every time. I even had the opportunity to work with the mainland office and my problem was solved quickly and efficient. Thank you for the good experience.

cindym325
10/3/18

Really? I ordered the backpack (black with white dots) a Kate spade trademark color. They send me black with red poppy's. I call. They say sorry will send me correct bag. I get another black with red poppy's. Now I'm told they are out and I can't get the one I ordered. Really? Out forever? Oh no. Just can't get the sale price but they will give me 15 percent off the next one. Ummm I can get that discount any time. I won't order again.

debbieh237
9/24/18

I purchased a large brief case a year ago. After just 6 months the stitching started to come out. I hardly ever carried the bag, so I checked into getting it repaired and found out I will have to send it to a repair shop in NJ to get it fixed. Too much trouble and expense. Bag is beautiful but I won't purchase any more Kate Spade products due to poor quality/workmanship.

darcys23
8/31/18

Currently, on my fourth call with customer service. They lost my bag that I returned via the store I bought it from. It's been over three weeks that I've been waiting for the refund. I get a different story from them every time I call. Once customer service agent assured me I'd be getting a refund by today. Still nothing. Are they going to pay for the purchase interest on my VISA bill? NO. Never shopping there again. Not worth the hassle or the price point.

karrien1
8/21/18

I ordered two cross body bags. Looking forward to it, finally said delivered. I look and it was only 1 bag in there. I contacted the chat rep, they told me since we saw on your history it happened before, we can't credit or reship it to you, sorry.

Sorry? I have spent money for something I didn't receive, all I get is a sorry? And yes you are right, missing items isn't the first time happened to me, so what kind of business is this? For this company to just think only the customer out there in this world committing fraud? How about maybe you guys are having problems with employee in the packaging department too? Yes it can be an honest human mistake.... but this is not the type of customer service people who spent so much on your products.

Hundreds of dollars is being wasted just to say there's nothing we can do this time.

I love the products but customer experience is sh*t. Trust me, for me to say this when every single purse I have in my closet is Katespade, it's about damn time for me to take my business somewhere else who's value me and my business.

I can't even get no invoice for my purchase, they got the balls to tell me " it's unfortunate but nothing we can do "...

michellev89
6/14/18

I made a mistake by not correcting the mailing address in which I called 5 minutes after I made the order the correct it and they told me they couldnt do anything about it and my item was ship to a strangers address and i lost my money. A little bit more sympathy to your customers could be appreciated!

107 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Kate Spade staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Kate Spade