Review of Kate Spade

customer_care@katespade.com
2017 Customer choice award

elsam17
5/22/18

I order 1 purse and a wallet on the site. They say the delivery was 2 weeks after. I was really looking forward to receive it. But then I checked on the site to see where my package was. It said they resend it to the origin because they did not have access to the building??? This is a dental office and there is always access even after hours because there are other businesses. Not only that, they have my phone and my email address, they could have contact me anytime. I chat with someone and they say they cant resend it back. I am really disappointed. And by the way, we order so many things from everywhere, amazon, best buy, dental companies, ebay, and so on, We have never had a problem like this. Incredible. By the way, this was my mother's day gift. So no gift to me thanks to Kate Spade

joyd55
5/20/18

I got the Ma Cherie Cafe Satchel with the matching adorable dog wallet. I have a variety of handbags and this was my first AND LAST Kate Spade! I thought it was so unique and reminded me of a little Parisian cafe. I carried it for less than a month, had little more than the wallet in it so it wasnt heavy or anywhere near full, and one morning the shoulder strap just broke off. I am very careful with everything I own and am not hard on anything. A tiny metal piece had actually broken, so there was no way to reattach it! That night, we brought it back to the store we had purchased it from and they initially filled out paperwork and said they would send it off to Kate Spade for repairs and it should be back in 6-8 weeks. A couple of days later, the store called with an apology, stating that Kate Spade doesnt repair any of their bags! All the other brands that store carries do repairs, and Kate Spade is the only one that doesnt! What a huge disappointment! The store gave us a full refund for the defective product, but I still want to warn others not to bother with a Kate Spade purchase!

swethac
5/15/18

I made a HUGE mistake of ordering for the first time from the supposedly prestigious katespade.com. I unfortunately placed the same order twice which is likely to open sometimes. I called them right away requesting them to cancel one of the duplicate orders. Today was the 5th time I called customer care and every time they assure me that they will be canceling the order and that the request for cancellation didn't get through properly. How many times can a cancellation request go wrong? unless Kate spade has employed retarded customer care employees. I'm still waiting for one of the orders to be cancelled. If it doesn't happen Kate Spade will loose a customer forever and I will make sure I post this on facebook to let people know how fraudulent the company is.

nickh136
4/24/18

Kate Spade ruined my girlfriend's birthday by canceling my order just 5 hours after I live chatted with Matthew, a representative who said that it would arrive by the time I needed it. Horrible. Then I get an email that they've canceled without explanation. And my credit card has still been charged. NEVER AGAIN!!! STAY AWAY!

heatherg96
4/22/18

I ordered a graduation present for my son's girlfriend last April 13, 2017, it broke April 21. 2018. I had not received the bag in the mail a year ago and I did not give it as a present until May 2017. But they will not stand behind their product...I'm disgusted and will not buy their products again.

scottv30
4/2/18

I've loved Kate Spade's designs for a long time, but after multiple encounters with their low-quality products and honestly terrible customer service, I can't justify shopping at this store any more.

I've paid them hundreds of dollars over the course of 5 years now on products like wallets, purses, and watches. In nearly all cases, their products have been extremely low-quality and broken after just a few short months. Watch batteries have died or their gears have broken, purse zippers and stitching has come apart, and the most recent issue has been a defective wallet that was shipped to me right out of the box.

The wallet was a gift to my SO. The wallet's clasp was broken when it arrived. After trying to get a replacement, customer service filed the wrong type of replacement and provided me misinformation about how to process it. I eventually caught their mistake over a week later, and called them again to fix it. Over the phone, another representative made more mistakes: refunding me instead of giving me a replacement and telling me even more wrong information about how to proceed (information that conflicted with the previous representative too).

After waiting for 3 more weeks with no follow-up and no new wallet, I just called them this morning. I was on the phone for over 1 hour while I had to have this escalated to two managers just to get someone who wasn't disrespectful and who could explain their own company's policies. Ultimately they couldn't provide any significant compensation despite acknowledging their multiple failures and misinformation. I have experience with other companies equivalent to Kate Spade (not going to give them free advertising) who have owned up to their mistakes and provided a sharp discount and/or equivalent price in gift cards. Kate Spade did not even come close to an appropriate response. They didn't even file my refund until I called them over the phone and complained!

Instead, Jennifer "couldn't authorize anything more" and seemed to just want to get me off the phone. A pathetic response to their failures is the reason I will not shop at Kate Spade in the future, and I hope this encourages others to avoid their store as well.

heidew
3/19/18

Bought a large tote 1 yr 3 months ago. Handles coming apart and fraying. Store said they would not replace but I could send it in and get an estimate for my cost to fix. Really!!! The purse is only a year old and was not used everyday. Wrote corporate and they said the same thing. 2 of my friends have the same purse with the same problem. 1 could return since it was under a year. Its obviously a defect in the product , workmanship. Will never buy another Kate spade product.

amyk139
1/26/18

I bought a $30 Kate Spade water bottle (glass, with a silicon sleeve and plastic lid) from a department store. It dropped, and the handle broke off the lid. I emailed the company to request a replacement lid, and they just said flat out NO. Ridiculous!

mariahc12
1/14/18

Although the actual bag and wallet I received was of good quality the customer service was not. I ordered $300 of products off of the Kate Spade website in early December. DHL contacted me saying I owed custom fees, which I already paid on the Kate Spade website. So when I contacted Kate Spade via email I was told to pay the DHL fees and send a picture of the receipt and I would get a refund of the charges which was $100, so I did that. They said I would get a confirmation email 3-5 business days saying the refund was on its way, this email never came. After 7 business days I emailed again, and once again received an email saying I would have more information in 3-5 business days. After not receiving an email, I emailed again this time a little more upset, and having stated I called the customer service number and waited an hour on hold with not hearing a word from an actual human. They responded with an excuse saying just since the time of the year it is really busy. Which I understand, but waiting an entire month for my refund which was promised to me is unacceptable, especially since Christmas has been over for 3 weeks now. Just overall not impressed at all.

lanef
12/31/17

This site is an obsession that has emptied my bank account too often. I have found some of the most unique bags I purchased at any price. No longer owned by spade and now part of Coach which is no longer Coach but tapestry. What will become of the styles has yet to be seen. I shopped this year and got many great unique items at a sale price. Very good customer service in the stores, and the online tries to be just as good. This is why I keep coming back.

mirnas7
12/29/17

Every penny is well spent. Their products are awesome!! I bought a hand bag that is great! I always receive complimets about it. The style and colors are fabulous!

mariskan1
12/27/17

I had the worst 1st experience from you all. I received a defective lunch tote and was sent around the world just to get a replacement after being told It was out of stock. Then before asking to speak with a manager, I was offered 15% off for future purchases which is the same for email sign up. After begging to speak with a manager, I got Shannon who was great. She told me that her inventory said she had 7 left which was a different system that the guy before and that she would overnight me one and I would receive it today. Well last night, I received an email that my order was canceled. When I called Customer service, I was told after a 20 minute wait that it was out of stock. And there was nothing that could be done. This was the worst experience and now Im stuck with a lunch tote that is defective or none at all. Im highly upset at the way multiple customer service reps have treated me. Im a very unhappy customer! #ihateKateSpade

kristir14
12/13/17

I have read the reviews and it seems like a lot of people are whining over minor stuff. I am shocked that some people are complaining for things that were their own fault! Just stop!

I did purchase my 1st Kate Spade bag back in February of this year and a couple weeks ago, I noticed that the rubber-type edging on the handles started pulling apart. I contacted Customer Service immediately via email, sent them photos, proof of purchase and style number of my bag. Within 2 days, I got a response from someone named Erica and she was most helpful! I was able to get a replacement purse (not the same purse but same value). It is being shipped to me. But overall the company backed their warranty and the Customer Service was outstanding! I do love the quality of the purse! It is just the handle finishing edge, I don't think it's catastrophic! The material is durable and wipes clean with a wet cloth. The overall quality is outstanding! I highly recommend Kate Spade Purses!

Tip for consumers: I highly recommend Kate Spade Purses!

tl100
10/12/17

Like all other stores, employees just greet the ones they like based on superficial factors. They're MUCH more likely to greet and help white, more attractive and "cooler" people. The same people get ignored and poorly treated, and they tend to be more Asian, uglier, with a more "awkward" vibe, or whatever it is.

I browsed forever in that tiny boutique, and employees completely ignored me, even while I kept looking at bags and jewelry, obviously interested in them. Meanwhile, a white or semi-white person can just immediately enter and browse, not really interested, and they'll be showered with the kindest and most reverent type of attention. I can come in with a KATE SPADE bag or equivalent, and employees will still ignore me and NOT SEE MY BAG, while a white or better-looking person can come in with a Target bag and ratty clothes, and employees with STILL shower her with the most angelic attention.

Very unfair. Be much better as an ugly Asian, and you'll still be seen as much worse. Be actually much worse as a white or attractive person, and you'll still be seen as much better.

Tip for consumers: If you're white and pretty, expect to be showered with positive attention. But if you're Asian and average-looking or worse, expect to be ignored. You'll have to ASK for help, and when you do, you'll be treated condescendingly and assumed to know nothing about high-end fashion, even if you're dressed head to toe in it. Same with all others stores, high end or low end.

jadel25
9/15/17

They put a hold on my gift card balance after the website failed to process the order I placed. Called customer service and they told me it would take 3-5 days to reinstate the funds so I wasn't able to re-submit the order during the stated sales period. Customer service could care less and said nothing more they could do. Not a fan of Kate Spade products and just trying to spend the gift card I got but would not shop here again and definitely not recommend to anyone.

carlenek
9/10/17

So I ordered the COBBLE HILL TARYN bag on sale for $87. I put in my shipping information and by accident entered in the wrong zip code, but kate spade still read the address correctly (even though the location does not exist on a map) and processed my order. I was waiting over 2 weeks for my order when I decided to call Kate Spade customer service. A rep named Lisa picked up the phone and started telling me how my order was RETURNED TO SENDER and I'm going to get a refund. I told her, I don't want the refund, I want the bag! She said "sorry maam, you have to repurchase the item because of the wrong information you entered." I FLIPPED OUT... If I entered wrong information, Kate Spade system should of never processed my order, they would not process it if I entered the wrong credit card information. They should of contacted me for the right address or never processed my order in the first place. I'M SOOO MAD BECAUSE I WAS WAITING FOR THIS BAG TO GO ON SALE. but THEIR POLICY dictates that they have to refund me the money and then I'd have to purchase it at full price. NEVER EVER SHOPPING WITH KATE SPADE AGAIN. Don't get me wrong, I like their bags, BUT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY IS RIDICULOUS!
I'D GIVE THEM NO STARS IF I COULD.

madisonw29
7/31/17

I bought some iPhone cases and they arrive so fast to my home only 5 business days!! Absolutely I love the quality of my products.

donng3
7/27/17

This was my first and last, they don't stand behind their product. It was just a little wristlet but I have and have had them last many years. Customer service was not very customer friendly either.

patricem12
7/4/17

I ordered 2 bags & then I get an email that my order was cancelled. (It wasn't an issue w my credit card) The purses were on sale, so they were probably selling purses they did not actually have. I have bought this brand for many years, but no more. Not cool, Kate Spade, not cool.

haunahs1
6/24/17

My Kate Spade purse lasted 10 months before the straps fell apart. It was my first Kate Spade purse and was so excited when my sister bought it for my birthday. Very cheap quality and so disappointed, it's in the trash now. Save your money don't buy Kate Spade!

nikil10
6/16/17

I received a purse for Christmas 2015, used it for about 8 months before the handles started to fall apart. I took it in to my local Kate Spade store and they said they could fix the handles for free since it was under the one year warranty. I received the bag back a few weeks later, the straps were repaired but they were still the original worn straps. Another 8 months later the straps are falling apart again. I'm unwilling to fix this since I know it will happen again.

I thought a $300 plus purse would last a few years with no problems, but this purse doesn't last as long as a purse that is cheaper than $50! I won't be buying anything from Kate Spade in the future due to the lack of quality.

erical41
5/30/17

Not as high quality as I thought. Being a 'high quality' brand I expected more from the phone case I ordered. The look overall is nice but the stitching is messed up on the bottom of it. I bought the case (which is expensive) and within 3 months the trim around the leather is ripping off in multiple locations. I am very gentle with the things I own and it didn't keep the product from becoming defective. The company is very unsympathetic of this and cheats you of your money. I would NOT recommend this product. If it tears shortly within buying the product they will not replace it. Apparently their warranty doesn't apply to phone cases? Because of what they claim normal wear and tear....however when you purchase a product for as much as they cost you expect it to last more than 3 months.

Costumer service was completely unsympathetic and the kate spade website Declines you from saying anything too negative about the product on their site. I will never purchase from them again. Not impressed.

denisem131
5/24/17

I purchased a Kate Spade bag on May 15,2017.
In Florida on business I e Teresa's a Kate Spade store and saw the SAME BAG but in a different shade!
Arriving homr I called CSD and explained WHY I wanted to exchange the bag BUT ALSO specified the bag had my monogram (2 letters)
On the "luggage tag" portion of the bag.
NOT THE E NTIRE FRONT of the bag as some I have seen, can be.
On May 24, 2017 - I called and asked that if I pay for a new luggage tag - could I exchange this bag for another seen in their Florida store?
The answer was a FLAT NO - no reason, another Supervisor Othman than the one who refused would be put on the phone OR E Mail to explain why.

1. I offered to pay for a new luggage tag to be re-attached to the bag I would like to return (no cost to them just Customer Satisfaction.
The bad is less than ONE MONTH old,, I certainly can understand the rules and regs. of purchasing a monogrammed piece.
BUT this makes NO sense!
I am replacing by buying a new un-monogrammed tag to your bag.
Brand new right?
All I wanted was a color exchange - there would be no expense to Kate Spade!!!!
I spoke with a very nice Customer Service Representative that repeatedly offered her apology
I would like a professional -Management or Supervisor respond to my request.
It makes no sense at all - the bag is still in packing!
Dmontrond1028@gmail .com
Very Frustrating outcome for such an EXPENSIVE bag.
Not good business practice when YOU get back
Your first sale un monogrammed, you have no cost and I would have exchanged for ANOTHER Color/same Bag!,,
First and last I purchase from such an inflexible
Quality Bag Manufacturer!!!

Tip for consumers: I do not believe it serves the customer AT. ALL
The decision to not Listen to my question infuriated me.......

ritaw22
4/25/17

Purchased a purse from the sight. Never received it, though payment was taken. When I contacted them they sent me a new purse but I was charged 50.00 to,have it sent to me. Still have not been reimbursed. Everyone passes the buck when you call. For this reason I would never purchase a Kate spade bag. I have actually sold 2 bags that I have because they have left such a bad taste in my mouth

alishiac
4/15/17

I bought a Kate Spade wristlet and within a year the wrist strap frayed so much that it broke. When I contacted customer service they said that as long as it was new within a year, they could replace it but it would take 2-3 MONTHS to receive it. 10 months later and I still never received anything. Their product guarantee is lies.

107 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Kate Spade staff and other customers.

Kate Spade?