Review of Kate Spade

customer_care@katespade.com
2017 Customer choice award

kristir14
12/13/17

I have read the reviews and it seems like a lot of people are whining over minor stuff. I am shocked that some people are complaining for things that were their own fault! Just stop!

I did purchase my 1st Kate Spade bag back in February of this year and a couple weeks ago, I noticed that the rubber-type edging on the handles started pulling apart. I contacted Customer Service immediately via email, sent them photos, proof of purchase and style number of my bag. Within 2 days, I got a response from someone named Erica and she was most helpful! I was able to get a replacement purse (not the same purse but same value). It is being shipped to me. But overall the company backed their warranty and the Customer Service was outstanding! I do love the quality of the purse! It is just the handle finishing edge, I don't think it's catastrophic! The material is durable and wipes clean with a wet cloth. The overall quality is outstanding! I highly recommend Kate Spade Purses!

Tip for consumers: I highly recommend Kate Spade Purses!

tl100
10/12/17

Like all other stores, employees just greet the ones they like based on superficial factors. They're MUCH more likely to greet and help white, more attractive and "cooler" people. The same people get ignored and poorly treated, and they tend to be more Asian, uglier, with a more "awkward" vibe, or whatever it is.

I browsed forever in that tiny boutique, and employees completely ignored me, even while I kept looking at bags and jewelry, obviously interested in them. Meanwhile, a white or semi-white person can just immediately enter and browse, not really interested, and they'll be showered with the kindest and most reverent type of attention. I can come in with a KATE SPADE bag or equivalent, and employees will still ignore me and NOT SEE MY BAG, while a white or better-looking person can come in with a Target bag and ratty clothes, and employees with STILL shower her with the most angelic attention.

Very unfair. Be much better as an ugly Asian, and you'll still be seen as much worse. Be actually much worse as a white or attractive person, and you'll still be seen as much better.

Tip for consumers: If you're white and pretty, expect to be showered with positive attention. But if you're Asian and average-looking or worse, expect to be ignored. You'll have to ASK for help, and when you do, you'll be treated condescendingly and assumed to know nothing about high-end fashion, even if you're dressed head to toe in it. Same with all others stores, high end or low end.

jadel25
9/15/17

They put a hold on my gift card balance after the website failed to process the order I placed. Called customer service and they told me it would take 3-5 days to reinstate the funds so I wasn't able to re-submit the order during the stated sales period. Customer service could care less and said nothing more they could do. Not a fan of Kate Spade products and just trying to spend the gift card I got but would not shop here again and definitely not recommend to anyone.

carlenek
9/10/17

So I ordered the COBBLE HILL TARYN bag on sale for $87. I put in my shipping information and by accident entered in the wrong zip code, but kate spade still read the address correctly (even though the location does not exist on a map) and processed my order. I was waiting over 2 weeks for my order when I decided to call Kate Spade customer service. A rep named Lisa picked up the phone and started telling me how my order was RETURNED TO SENDER and I'm going to get a refund. I told her, I don't want the refund, I want the bag! She said "sorry maam, you have to repurchase the item because of the wrong information you entered." I FLIPPED OUT... If I entered wrong information, Kate Spade system should of never processed my order, they would not process it if I entered the wrong credit card information. They should of contacted me for the right address or never processed my order in the first place. I'M SOOO MAD BECAUSE I WAS WAITING FOR THIS BAG TO GO ON SALE. but THEIR POLICY dictates that they have to refund me the money and then I'd have to purchase it at full price. NEVER EVER SHOPPING WITH KATE SPADE AGAIN. Don't get me wrong, I like their bags, BUT THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY IS RIDICULOUS!
I'D GIVE THEM NO STARS IF I COULD.

madisonw29
7/31/17

I bought some iPhone cases and they arrive so fast to my home only 5 business days!! Absolutely I love the quality of my products.

donng3
7/27/17

This was my first and last, they don't stand behind their product. It was just a little wristlet but I have and have had them last many years. Customer service was not very customer friendly either.

patricem12
7/4/17

I ordered 2 bags & then I get an email that my order was cancelled. (It wasn't an issue w my credit card) The purses were on sale, so they were probably selling purses they did not actually have. I have bought this brand for many years, but no more. Not cool, Kate Spade, not cool.

haunahs1
6/24/17

My Kate Spade purse lasted 10 months before the straps fell apart. It was my first Kate Spade purse and was so excited when my sister bought it for my birthday. Very cheap quality and so disappointed, it's in the trash now. Save your money don't buy Kate Spade!

nikil10
6/16/17

I received a purse for Christmas 2015, used it for about 8 months before the handles started to fall apart. I took it in to my local Kate Spade store and they said they could fix the handles for free since it was under the one year warranty. I received the bag back a few weeks later, the straps were repaired but they were still the original worn straps. Another 8 months later the straps are falling apart again. I'm unwilling to fix this since I know it will happen again.

I thought a $300 plus purse would last a few years with no problems, but this purse doesn't last as long as a purse that is cheaper than $50! I won't be buying anything from Kate Spade in the future due to the lack of quality.

erical41
5/30/17

Not as high quality as I thought. Being a 'high quality' brand I expected more from the phone case I ordered. The look overall is nice but the stitching is messed up on the bottom of it. I bought the case (which is expensive) and within 3 months the trim around the leather is ripping off in multiple locations. I am very gentle with the things I own and it didn't keep the product from becoming defective. The company is very unsympathetic of this and cheats you of your money. I would NOT recommend this product. If it tears shortly within buying the product they will not replace it. Apparently their warranty doesn't apply to phone cases? Because of what they claim normal wear and tear....however when you purchase a product for as much as they cost you expect it to last more than 3 months.

Costumer service was completely unsympathetic and the kate spade website Declines you from saying anything too negative about the product on their site. I will never purchase from them again. Not impressed.

denisem131
5/24/17

I purchased a Kate Spade bag on May 15,2017.
In Florida on business I e Teresa's a Kate Spade store and saw the SAME BAG but in a different shade!
Arriving homr I called CSD and explained WHY I wanted to exchange the bag BUT ALSO specified the bag had my monogram (2 letters)
On the "luggage tag" portion of the bag.
NOT THE E NTIRE FRONT of the bag as some I have seen, can be.
On May 24, 2017 - I called and asked that if I pay for a new luggage tag - could I exchange this bag for another seen in their Florida store?
The answer was a FLAT NO - no reason, another Supervisor Othman than the one who refused would be put on the phone OR E Mail to explain why.

1. I offered to pay for a new luggage tag to be re-attached to the bag I would like to return (no cost to them just Customer Satisfaction.
The bad is less than ONE MONTH old,, I certainly can understand the rules and regs. of purchasing a monogrammed piece.
BUT this makes NO sense!
I am replacing by buying a new un-monogrammed tag to your bag.
Brand new right?
All I wanted was a color exchange - there would be no expense to Kate Spade!!!!
I spoke with a very nice Customer Service Representative that repeatedly offered her apology
I would like a professional -Management or Supervisor respond to my request.
It makes no sense at all - the bag is still in packing!
Dmontrond1028@gmail .com
Very Frustrating outcome for such an EXPENSIVE bag.
Not good business practice when YOU get back
Your first sale un monogrammed, you have no cost and I would have exchanged for ANOTHER Color/same Bag!,,
First and last I purchase from such an inflexible
Quality Bag Manufacturer!!!

Tip for consumers: I do not believe it serves the customer AT. ALL
The decision to not Listen to my question infuriated me.......

ritaw22
4/25/17

Purchased a purse from the sight. Never received it, though payment was taken. When I contacted them they sent me a new purse but I was charged 50.00 to,have it sent to me. Still have not been reimbursed. Everyone passes the buck when you call. For this reason I would never purchase a Kate spade bag. I have actually sold 2 bags that I have because they have left such a bad taste in my mouth

alishiac
4/15/17

I bought a Kate Spade wristlet and within a year the wrist strap frayed so much that it broke. When I contacted customer service they said that as long as it was new within a year, they could replace it but it would take 2-3 MONTHS to receive it. 10 months later and I still never received anything. Their product guarantee is lies.

evaa30
4/10/17

Usually choose out of their old arrivals. Their style is so great as well as using their service. Feels like I'm walking on air because of their shop and discounts! Would buy it all!

mariaa157
3/30/17

I bought a hand bag on December and I got stained with jeans! It is impossible to clean it and the answer from customer service is that is because of the material, can you believe it! The make bags with materials that you cannot clean!!
And the guaranty does not cover it!! 3 months and you have to thought it away!!

elysem1
3/30/17

I've found so many nice stuff at Kate Spade. I love that store. And when they have sales, you can find great items for very reasonable prices.

deshnas
3/29/17

I placed the order online for EVERPURSE X KATE SPADE NEW YORK ZANA. On not receiving the product on time I called them to find out the status. Then they tell me that there is something wrong with the shipping and then another person says that they are out of the stock. Didn't expect such POOR management service from such a reputed brand. Really disappointed!!

maragretm
3/27/17

love there bras. i love the free shipping and i get my items quick shipping at that. that dont give me a problem and I can go to their store to return and exchange if i need to.

annam204
3/20/17

Bought to very expensive items from kate spade and both items are falling apart! Well not be buying and Kate spade products again! /:

aydeem
3/18/17

I got my daughter a watch 2 years ago. The band was pink but a couple of months later, it started to lose the color and looked between black and pink. We replaced it, now it started to lose the little stones from the front and they are just moving around the watch when it is moved. Very unsatisfied with the quality!

sarahi31
2/16/17

Experience was very good. I ordered a bag & got it in 1 week. Bag was as described on kate spade surprize website. I will definitely order again.

kimiam
2/9/17

kate spade has cancelled my order for no reason for the THIRD time!!!!! HORRIBLE website! I was really looking forward to the items I had ordered. this is a real bummer. They could at least give me a reason, but they're not answering my emails. Never again

sj285
1/30/17

I ordered a bag on final sale from the official website, and had seen this bag in store. Received it quickly via international shipping but was horrified to find a USED BAG in the box! Not kidding! Large pen, ink and makeup marks throughout the inside, faded logo and blackish smear on back where bags tend to rub against jeans and stain. Final sale so can't return. Disgusting!

rozin4
1/3/17

A couple of years ago I wouldn't have bothered to write a review for Kate Spade. However recently, I have been ordering a couple of their products that have caught my eye and I totally love them! They have new things like water bottles and umbrellas that are totally modern and are aimed at, yet not limited to, a younger audience. It's so cute and edgy!

caitlynn5
12/30/16

I ordered from their website for the very first time and my order did not go through so now I have to wait 3-5 days for them to stop holding my money and for it to be back deposited back into my account. I DO NOT recommend ordering from them it's very frustrating and I am so angry that this happened my first time ordering from them. They kept asking if I would like to reorder my stuff and I asked if they could use the money that they are holding to reorder and they can't. Do not order from them. Just go to the a store if you want on of their purses that badly. If I could give zero stars I would.

107 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Kate Spade staff and other customers.

Kate Spade?