Review of HouseofCB

Warrington, CHS WA1 4RN, GB
kim@houseofcb.com

windya1
2/9/19

The first and will be the only time I order from them. I have to say their website looks great and the models are gorgeous but my experience was not. I ordered a coral chiffon robe and paid with my credit card. The address they were supposed to send it to is to my home address in Germany and my billing address is in Indonesia. So instead of sending it to my actual residence in germany, they sent it to Indonesia (why? can't you house of CB staff read?!) .. that was when hell started. It took 2 months to finally arrive in my home in Jakarta, I had to pay tax and finally unpacked it when I came there for holidays. To my surprise, it didn't fit right and the material was really cheap feeling and looking. I was so disappointed. I spent over 70 Euro for what? for some cheap feeling and looking not even 2 Metre of chiffon fabric I can just get at the market for 10 euro? no thanks. They have 59 euro sales going on right now on their website, and I do suggest for you all to not be swayed into spending your money there. It's just not worth it! You won't be able to return your items (as it's stated on their web). I ended up not wearing the item, not even once. It was too late for me to do anything.. no refund.. nada. Now I don't even know where that thing is and tbh, I don't really care. I'll be shopping elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Shop somewhere else if you don't want hassles.

saras395
2/1/19

It's funny how all the good reviews are written by the staff, so obvious
You tubers given reviews get paid or receive free clothes,
House of CB is a brand that cheats customers operates against UK law and is fradulent. If you happened to purchase anything on sale and it came defected you cannot return even though half of the sequins on a sequins dress is missing they do not care. Their sizes is another thing Nothing to do with UK sizes. If you are actually XS size do no order because items delivered as XS are super large. Their attitude towards clients is another thing. They are not listed on the website of consumer affairs as company obiding UK laws on consumer principles. The consumer is there to be cheated and they laugh at you when you tel the, the item is damaged!!!all so that they can extorq you!! they take no responsability even if you notify them straight away customers wait for many months for a refund!
The quality in primary is much better
They invest on marketing and models, but beware it looks nothing like the picture, it's made in China, sold by a Chinese company!

jennyl168
1/24/19

I never leave reviews online but I feel so strongly about House of CB that I just simply had to chime in here. This brand is the lowest of the lowest. The quality of their garments is only rivalled by Primark. I ordered a black lace dress which I tried on once; hated and yet couldn't get a refund. It has been sitting in my garage collecting dust. I can't even bring myself to give it to my local charity as I feel that they'd be too insulted.

Every single person that recommended them on Youtube, I have unsubscribed from or don't visit anymore.

I am certain that all positive reviews are written by staff.

hannahs142
12/22/18

All the 5* reviews on Google are written by the company staff , online trading regulations don't apply to them as the company is registered in China.
The quality is horrible , they just copy Designs seen on celebrity , save yourself some money and buy from aliexpress , it's the same product for really cheap.
They only care about profit , scamming people , the founder marks up the price to sell on a drop ship basis.
Stay away from scammed business

natashab91
12/20/18

Worst online retail experience EVER

Worst customer service I have ever received, generally the worst online retail experience I've ever had. Ordered a sale dress and returned it for a gift card; this is their policy, fair enough. Had to spend £14 on postage back to make it within their time constraint and ensure the dress was not lost which is crazy; how an online store in this day and age can not offer free returns is beyond me, especially when their dresses are so expensive. Had to hound customer service to stay up to date with my refund which was unnecessary hassle. Ordered a new dress with my money and wanted to later apply the gift card, which is a reasonable request! Again had to keep hassling the customer service team to apply my gift card and refund me what I had already paid. It will take you about 5 hours minimum to receive any response from them, I waited days and weeks and actually never heard back via email, so had to hound them on social media until someone listened to me which was extremely annoying and unnecessary. This new dress was ordered for my 21st birthday, it was LOST by their AWFUL delivery company (Parcelforce), who actually didn't even attempt to deliver it correctly, I spent hours trying to track down what "neighbor" they had sent it to, and to no avail, they had completely lost it. Another TWO WEEKS go by with me trying to access a refund from House of CB who NEVER reply to my messages. I felt ridiculous messaging them time and time again with no response. Finally they tell me they are putting a claim through for my parcel for which I wait another week to hear if it has been successful. It was successful, so presumably they received appropriate compensation for the dress, after which they don't even refund me because they are telling me I didn't even pay for the dress because they ignore the fact that I paid with a gift card. Absolutely crazy to be told I didn't even pay for the dress myself. Finally after I send them message after message they send me back a gift card for the original amount - the cheek of it! As if I will ever want to order from them again?! After everything they lost, ruined and ignored, as a gesture of goodwill they can't even give me my money back because they can only refund via the original payment method. It wasn't like I was given this gift card as a present - it was MY money in the first place which they wouldn't give me back because I bought a sale dress! I found that last act to be completely insulting and disrespectful of everything they had done wrong. NEVER order from this company; hands down the worst experience of my life and I am utterly shocked at the way they treat their customers.

adeyemis
12/18/18

I got my dresses today. I bought like 200$ but trust me i checked same dress on amazon for only 35$. Its cheap looking. Thin..transparant. smh! And no cs even try to help me! Crazy!

emilyp152
12/3/18

Literally the worst company, would happily give zero stars if I could. House of CB clearly does not know what customer service is.
I bought a $300 dress for my engagement party which is faulty and they are refusing to refund. I sent my dress back to them 3 weeks ago advising I wanted a refund and after multiple emails back and forth they completely ignored what I wanted and sent me a replacement dress.
Why would I want the dress again when the same thing is going to happen?
I don't think I have ever received such poor customer service.
I will never be shopping with this company again, neither will my friends and family. Unfortunately you have just lost many customers.

abiw6
11/26/18

I visited the House of CB store in Westfield Stratford a couple of weeks ago. It was cold. I was told the heating was not working. Today the heating still not working! I am feeling it for their staff who have to work all day in such conditions. Not good for their lungs. How much longer before the staff go off sick?

claras30
9/27/18

Terrible company. Dresses are nice yes but the whole returns policy is shocking and not worth the hassle of buying from them. I bought a dress for £150 which was previously £200. Because it was in the sale I cannot get a refund, only store credit or an exchange. This is ridiculous considering that I spent so much money on the dress regardless, and nothing on their website is cheap. People can't help it if the item doesn't fit- that is all part of online shopping. Yes they do warn you that certain items can't be returned or can only be refunded with store credit but this policy is shocking regardless.

If it was £20 that I had in store credit that is fine, but they are effectively forcing you to buy other items with them because they keep your money. This is a really shady tactic and not something I would expect from such an expensive boutique company.

Not worth your time - I would give 0 stars if I could. I don't want other people to fall into the same trap that other people have already.

umajas
9/24/18

I buy from them regularly and follow them on Instagram. The quality is phenomenal and I love their clothes. My events I attend are all top tier and their pieces can compete with the best of the best. My last birthday outfit from them and getting more outfits for my upcoming trip to Jamaica in December.

gioa1
9/18/18

I love house of cb, I have been buying from this site for more than 2 years...I have bought a lot of stuff, and even though it's pricy you get the quality. Also I have bigger hips than my waist and on this site, for the first time in my life, I found things that fit me properly. I wear a size S and I love how everything look on me and how the people compliment me.

tajanaf
9/13/18

I tried to purchase a graduation dress and it looked nothing like the pictures lol its a joke and I want my money back now!!

rebelstylep
9/6/18

Ordered a dress and received it across the world in 2 days with no delay.
The size is exactly as described on a website.
Happy costumer !

cocobumy
7/19/18

Ok its pricey but the dress I got was a very nice material, it has a weighty feel to it, etc. I was unable to sign for my package so I worked with customer service to have the address changed to my work and they were quick to respond and very helpful and resent my dress with no extra charge. When it came I had to switch and get a different size and that return was quick and easy as well and I got the correct size within less than a week. The dress is gorgeous and high quality. I will definitely shop here again.

kristag22
7/19/18

Im not sure why there are so many bad reviews on here. The bandage dresses fit amazing. Designer looking dresses for a fraction of the price. I ordered two dresses for an event and sent one back for a refund with no problem at all.

mitsukkov
7/16/18

OK..... I have to give it to all of you beauties that are currently on this webpage looking for a real time review before buying an expensive piece from this website. Well, here goes an ALL time REAL and RAW review about my experience. I saw these beautiful pants on Instagram that was posted by this beauty guru her name is Amrezy. Instantly when i saw them i knew they had to be mine. I purchased them an XS and they where too tight... i had to return them. Yes that was a mission because no one likes to go through the process of having to wait all over again. GIIIIRRRRLLLLLL let me tell you ... Regardless of how much time they take to respond to the emails ... regardless of all the wait and the extra money i had to pay to return my item, I was all around very happy with the results. I returned the pants on a Monday and a week later exactly on a Monday (today) i received my new pants and i couldn't be any happier. I'm honestly impressed with all the comments i read at first and was really scared but you know what ? they have a loyal customer here ! And yes ladies and gent's IM REAL ! IM NOT A "PAYED" customer services employee who goes on sites and writes nice reviews for them! I am the real deal holly field ! They deserve better than these negative comments. A lot of people just don't read the return policies... I have worked in retail, customer service as a manager and i know the deal. These people get product back that have been used and abused and for that i have no respect. But ANYWAYSSSSSSS going back to the real point, I will continue to buy from them as long as i can afford it and im very happy with this company ! I will look like a million bucks for my birthday... and i did as i promised to Nikki and all the associates... i would write this review and let them know how thankful i am for ALL of there help !! THANKYOU House of CB !!!

kimoraa
7/2/18

I order like 1 mo ago. I just got my package and the dress very small. I tried to complain no one ever get back to me. The dress also NOT EVEN look like pic at all. This dress even look like i bought somewhere in china. Omg

lorrainem104
6/29/18

House of CB located inside of TopShop in Lenox Mall is extremely deceptive in their business practices. There are no return policy rules anywhere in store/area of rental space and you will receive a TopShop receipt that does apply to House of CB's store policies and your purchase. This company is trying to take advantage of every person possible with this system in place.

clairep61
6/22/18

My daughter bought a dress for her prom for £89 which was poorly made and did not fit correctly. She has now received a gift card but I requested a refund and this hasn't been received. I will be seeking legal advise if they do not return my money as despite what they say the Consumers Act states you are entitled to full refund if shopping online. Do not take no for an answer.

tw109
6/11/18

This store has a lot of nice pieces and options to choose from. However, we noticed a lot of their pieces were either dirty or defective. When we entered the store on Melrose, the staff did not speak and I even went out of my way to say hello just for one of the staff members to turn her head as if she did not hear me. VERY RUDE and the vibe was just OFF.

em91
6/3/18

I was sold a defective product from house of cb, I took to my seamstress so she can fix it and she said she couldnt bc the product was poorly made. I contacted them and asked if they can either switch the product or fix the product I already had. Instead, they accused me of wearing the product although the tags and pick ribbon were still in place. Anyone who wears House of cb knows once you cut the ribbon you can no longer reattach the tag. Hence, i dont understand why they are so accusatory.

The item was not worn and the tags and pink ribbon were still attached. How is it possible to wear the item with that pink ribbon on? At this point I'm not asking for a refund or even exchange, I'm just asking that you fix the blazer.

I am a loyal customer of house of cb and have always supported Conna even when she was celeb boutique. This brand is very successful and makes a lot of money so its disheartening to know that you can sell a product that is defective and not be willing to do anything about it. I was just at top shop at the grove at purchased some items from house of cb. I also refer people; including celebrities as I am in the entertainment industry to house of cb and I speak very highly of the brand. I met Conna at an event and she is a very pleasant woman. When I met her I was wearing a house of cb dress and she complimented me on how great the dress looked on me. I'm not trying to get by, like I said I've been shopping and supporting the brand before it blew up.

Like I said before I love the brand and wish that you guys can empthazie with me. I'm an honest person and I would never wear something and return it. Like you can see the tags and ribbon are both attached to the pants as well. I asked management to reconsider and they didnt. Instead, they said they would be shipping the product back to me at my expense.

I am available for a phone call, can some one call me at the number below?

No one from House of CB Attempted to call me.

This is horrible customer service and I will no longer patronize this business. There are other boutiques that sell the same of similar product at a fraction of the cost.

Also, I spoke with one of the managers at the house of cb store in LA and they agreed that the product was defective. Im a regular customer and the associates know me well. We also noticed that the quality of the clothing is not as good as it used to be and this is bc the brand has gotten so big that they are cutting corners to mass produce. Hence, resulting in defective products.

Im filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

Tip for consumers: Be cautious

ashleyc234
5/10/18

I am SOOOOO annoyed and frustrated with this company. DONT EVER ORDER HERE!!! I ordered a dress on Tuesday night for my graduation Saturday and instead of choosing the free 2-3 day shipping offered, I expressed it overnight for $15. Considering I ordered on a Tuesday night, I should have received my order before Saturday. I received an update that my dress was shipped on Thursday morning, WITH FREE 2-3 DAY SHIPPING! I tried to contact customer service MULTIPLE times about the mistake they made JUST to receive an email saying they would refund my $15.On top of that they tried to lie about the mix up and ignored the fact they did not overnight my item. UPS (although they claim they use Fedex) confirmed that they shipped my item with 2-3day shipping. I deserve a refund as well as the item. My item isn't even arriving until Monday! I have no dress for graduation although I had my shoes/accessories/nails ready. I'm just at a loss for words.

jcl9
4/17/18

My daughter bought an outfit that was supposedly on sale but still cost £45. She is a student with not much money. It took longer than expected to arrive and she had already attended the event she wanted to wear it for. She contacted the company for details on how to return it only to be told that sale items cannot be returned. Despite several emails they will not accept that they are breaking the law and that she has the right to return it within 30 days. She has decided not to return it as she feels she will never see the outfit or the money again. These people are fraudsters. How are they still in business? Do not buy from these crooks! Unfortunately the rating will not allow zero stars otherwise that is what I would give them.

lindseyc50
4/5/18

Considering their sizing is so out of sync with the rest of the highstreet you'd think they'd be more flexible with exchanges. House of CB refused to exchanged a bikini top and now I'm left with an unwearable item. Buyers beware that the sizes are all over the place and you won't be able to exchange or return. Total waste of time and money.

mrss25
2/10/18

there are laws in this country about selling goods not fit for purpose.
Customer service is terrible.there happy to take your money,but dont want to know if you have any issues with a purchase.i have contacted trading standards.this is my personal experience with this company.

Online purchases can only be returned to our warehouses, not in stores. :)

By Maria M., HouseofCB Representative

Hi, a USA 7.5 would be a 38. Please contact sales@houseofcb.com so they can guide you with this. xx

By Maria M., HouseofCB Representative

You need to contact returns@houseofcb.com or sales@houseofcb.com with your order ID and they will be able to provide the address. xx

By Maria M., HouseofCB Representative

Hi Lyndsey Please advise your order ID and we will help you with this asap.

By Maria M., HouseofCB Representative

Hi Barbara, Our shipping requires 2-3 working days to deliver to most countries, depending on where the stock is located. If you would like specific information please contact sales@houseofcb.com letting them know the item you want and where you will ship it to & they will be able to help you. xx

Hong kong

By Katy L.

Questions? Get answers from the HouseofCB staff and other customers.

3 Photos for HouseofCB