Jane Closet

Jane Closet has a consumer rating of 1.15 stars from 67 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Jane Closet also ranks 1198th among Women's Clothing sites. The most common issues with Jane Closet are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• But their customer service and shipment tracking is pretty horrible.
  • I ordered shoes from Jane's Closet 5 weeks ago, and they finally arrived yesterday, from China.
How would you rate Jane Closet?

“Jane Closet”

Rebeca B.
7/11/20

Hi everyone! Don't give up on Jane Closet. I ordered my sneakers on June 5th 2020, it is now July 10. As of Thursday July 9 I was really getting anxious WHERE'S MY SNEAKS? ON JUNE 3 I sent e-mail asking where are my Sneakers??? Well guess what came today??? Yes and I love them, the color, size, fit, and comfy! Thanks Jane!

“Wrong size, refusing to answer my emails for a refund”

Heather W.
7/28/20

It took over 5 weeks for my order to arrive, only to receive the wrong sizes.. one pair way to small, the other pair to big. They ask you to send pictures of the packaging, the shoe sizes,etc. I've done everything they've asked, and still they refuse to give me an address to return these items too. I will be contacting my bank, BBB, and who ever else I can contact!! There should be something consumers can do when your completely ripped off..

customer service (11) shoes (32) 3 weeks (4) 5 weeks (4) 15 days (3) 6 weeks (3) this company (15) order confirmation (3)
heatherw519
July 28th, 2020
janed695
July 23rd, 2020
I measured my foot for 7.5 exactly. Ad said wide toe box. Shoes arrived a month later. My toes were right up against the end and very narrow. Customer support required pictures of my foot measurement and shoe, then said i cant return them even though they dont fit since order filled correctly! Learned my lesson to not buy a name brand.
rebecab11
July 11th, 2020
bh362
July 16th, 2020
If I could give a zero, I would. Believe these other reviews-they are accurate. Poor quality-no returns. Cannot contact seller. Same cheap plastic, ill-made shoes shipped in a bag. DO NOT BUY.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this site

janec733
July 18th, 2020
Where are NO stars?
I bought a pair of shoes from them. Took FOREVER to get them! They are so big around the sides, you can stick all your fingers in there. Be careful of these Chinese sites they will take your money and hide out! it's a Facebook scam. Most items I have bought on Facebook are from China and impossible to send back the cheap plastic garbage they sell. RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN from them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
christinen243
July 31st, 2020
I ordered 3 pair of shoes. If you buy 2 pair you get 40% of. Well that didn't happen. I ordered my shoes July 21,2020. I have at least 4 emails with concerns, percentage off, where's my order and you took the money as soon as you received. Unbelievable, this was a gift for an elderly woman who needed orthopedic shoes desperately. I'm so upset that this has happened. The problem with places like this makes me want to just stick with Macy's, Amazon.
roslynk
July 25th, 2020
For one thing they debit your payment on the day you order the product. It is now over 3 weeks and I still have no product. I asked for a refund and was ignored. This is a seriously fake business. There are a number of complaints in the BBB. I can only echo what the other bad one star reviews have already stated. Stay away from this company. I also noticed that the same AZZY orthopedic shoes on different sites. I imagine it is the same people.
elizabethr756
July 12th, 2020
After 1 month of waiting, the shoes are impossible to wear. Not only the new items have scratches, and poor quality, in addition, the buckles are not closing and asymmetrical!!. Shame for making poorest quality items, false advertising and selling them.Good luck with return!nobody even is responding!!!!.Awful quality, damaged items, multiple misalignment, impossible yo close! DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!
maryb2077
July 25th, 2020
This company is a scam. The order arrived after four weeks from Hanoi South Korea. The sneakers were damaged with creases in the leather that does not come out. They were shipped in a bag therefore they
were damaged in shipping. Also the lining in the toe of the sneaker was torn. There response
was that was the norm for them to look that why.. They would not give me a pre-paid label to send them back..
It would cost $27 to return them and I only paid $32.00 for the sneakers. So I guess, I will just throw them away.
shantelw8
July 13th, 2020
I ordered 4 pair of orthotic sandals. First let's just say that they lied about being located in New York City. They are actually in China. The shoes look like they were hand sewn and very poor quality. It took over 6 weeks for me to receive them and there was not a number for me to call about a return. There was no return address nor a billing slip in the package. Please never order from these people.
brendam690
June 10th, 2020
Looks like I have the same issue as everyone else. Ordered a bra, they took it out of my account, didn't send a tracking number,( although looks like it would have been fake anyway) , sent 3 emails, only one answered with no helpful info. It has been almost 30 days. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and contacted my bank to dispute the transaction. I hope more people will read reviews before shopping at Janescloset.com. They are a bad company.
sandram1061
July 31st, 2020
I ordered three pairs of sandals from Jane Closet June 24th and It took almost a month to receive them. I never received any information that would enable me to track my order. I did receive them and I do love the sandals but Jane Closet needs to be more on top of timely shipping and tracking. It is not a scam but it does take awhile to receive. Sandra M.
mon9
July 21st, 2020
Weeks if not months to receive order but they charge your card as soon as you place order.
No way to contact them with reasonable expectation they will reply. Ridiculous refund/return policy. And it has a deadline but they must approve return first but you do not get approval.... Just don't buy from this scammer!
annp281
July 22nd, 2020
From the website the shoe showed a lot of footbed orthopaedic support. 100% guaranteed.
My first warning sign was that the shoe came in a flimsy cellophane bag. The shoe was crushed in that packaging. I tried emailing back-and-forth quite a few times As to my disappointment Regarding The nonexistent orthopedic support. They kept asking me the same questions over and over, and I kept explaining to them what my problem was. The aim is just to frustrate you.

Tip for consumers: I have to rate each category as a Zero but the options won’t allow me to. Do not buy from this site!!!!

sherryh245
June 30th, 2020
I ordered shoes from Jane's Closet 5 weeks ago, and they finally arrived yesterday, from China. These shoes were advertised as "orthopedic" quality - "originally $60" and I paid $30+ "on sale". They are so poorly made that they're unusable. The company doesn't answer their phone ("due to Covid" according to their website) and hasn't replied to any of the 4 emails that I sent during the long wait to receive them. I would love to request a refund, but I have no hope of receiving one. I plan on donating them to Goodwill, if they'll even take them. This company is a scam! BUYER BEWARE!
helens489
June 6th, 2020
Ordered several items on 5/6 from Jane closet and I have emailed several times. I got 1 response stating my items should ship in 3 to 5 days. That was May 20th. Still no items . I am sure this is a bogus company . Reporting to BBB and calling my bank for a full refund .

Tip for consumers: Company has a phone number that only rings , email was answered once and no other email was ever answered after that.

zoed42
July 22nd, 2020
I, like an earlier customer, wish that I had read the reviews prior to ordering. It's been over 5 weeks and no delivery of my order. The response email stated it would arrive in 5 to 15 days. This period has passed and the USPS site states they haven't even created a label for my delivery. I'm fearful of losing money during this current economy and pandemic. It feels like being suckered.
mattiej8
July 29th, 2020
Don't order bad experience placed order n june $87 still havent gotten order or a response from company. I've sent over 20 emails. .
ericad115
July 9th, 2020
My 72 year old Mother ordered a pair of walking shoes Jane Closet listed as "orthopedic". They arrived and were made of cardboard and plastic. She can't stand in them, let alone walk in them. Don't waste your hard earned money on items so Cleary made in a sweatshop of degraded materials by people who are nothing more than swindlers.
tm468
July 9th, 2020
• Updated review
Update 7-9-20: Shoes arrived yesterday. They're definitely not worth the original or sale price. Didn't even come in a box and they were scuffed. Haven't decided if I'm going to go through the hassle of returning or just going to wear them around the house. Either way, it was a waste of money.
Update as of 6/29
June 29th, 2020
• Previous review
My shipment is showing that it is now in LA. That's progress. I will continue to update until my order is received. Too bad I still haven't received any responses from their customer service team.
Update as of 6/26
June 26th, 2020
• Previous review
Tracking on the Shop app shows that the order is moving still. So that gives me some hope. I would've felt better if I had gotten some responses to my emails though.
Pretty sure I got ripped off ...
June 5th, 2020
• Previous review
Ordered shoes - 5/22. It is now 6/5, still no shoes. Product is shipped from China, which you don't know until you receive a tracking number from Yun Express. The tracking number came on 5/25 but it's still not showing any movement. Email sent for a refund on 6/3. No response. I will post updates if I get any. If you don't see an update, it means I never got my shoes and they are a fake company.

Update as of 6/22 - if anything was actually shipped, it's now showing In Transit. I will continue to update.

Tip for consumers: They ship out of China (assuming they’re actually shipping anything at all).

chr5
July 17th, 2020
They do not respond to exchanges by saying site is under construction. You have 15 days and unable to get through.
SCAM COMPANY
myreank
July 29th, 2020
Ordered shoes, never received them. Called phone number and never answered, emailed no response. Piece of crap people, SCAM all the way.
louiseb548
August 2nd, 2020
So awful to deal with this company it could be a scam! Does not honor the return policy without a huge hassle.
rillan
July 31st, 2020
My mom purchased a pair of shoes from Jane Closet. They came over a month later. There is nothing orthopedic about these cheaply made, flat soled, no arch support shoes. They have been quick to reply to e-mails requesting refund, but, refuse to do anything about it except offer a refund IF she pays to ship them back to China. Don't get scammed! Buy from reputable companies.
nicolep458
July 13th, 2020
This bra came and it was so disappointing! The floating pads on the inside of the bra were not right. One was folded in half and hard to unfold and sit right the other was upside down I finally figured out. The cross straps were my boobs hung over and looked so wrong! I am a bigger women and this bra was not for me! If you do not have perky boobs this bra is not for you! Worst bra I have ever tried on!

You can't get ahold of any one. They don't answer the phone or emails. They will take your money ASAP. They are quick when you purchase to get the money after that,