Review of Gap.com

olivia_doyne@gap.com
2018 Customer choice award

hamentk
6/12/19

I can see that over 70% of the reviews are bad on Truspilot. This is not surprising as Gap have no respect for there loyal customers either. I have been buying Gap cloths for over 25 years now and recently bought three pairs of Pyjamas worth £44. Unfortunately due to defective materials the garments have shrunk despite following correct washing instructions. When I wrote an email to there CEO Mr. Peck firstly he does believe in replying to customers directly, as he feels customers are not that important. This is a guy who is paid millions of dollars in salaries and bonus yet takes customers for granted. Eventually I got a reply from a disrespectful member of team who was only blowing Gap trumpet in how good there are and asked me to take the clothes to a Gap store. Even though I had bought the garments online and supplied pictures which don't lie I was basically told to get lost in the usual Gap language. I use to spend over £1000 per annum but for sake of £44 these amateurish organisations behaved in an abhorrent way despite supplying proof with pictures. I would never buy from these cowboys again. Beware as they appreciate loyalty and should you experience any faults with your garments they will tell you to go for a ride. Avoid buying from them is the only to hurt these cowboys in taking customers for a ride in this abhorrent way. The garments have shrunk by 2 inches and they have no shame

patrickv188
5/11/19

Worst shopping experience with GAP! It was my first time shopping here and I was so disappointed. I always thought buying from a brand name company would be durable and lasting but I was wrong. Bought a pair of pants and the quality was so poor. Will never shop from here again.

jennilyns
5/7/19

Throughout the years their products remain hip and stylish. Still finding design that are appealing and nice to wear at the same time.

julieb733
4/24/19

Gap.com truly is perfection when it comes to online shopping. My orders always arrive on time and customer service is excellent! The return process is so easy and fast too. They seriously couldn't do it any better! Thanks Gap!

tl100
4/7/19

Gap basically started the reasonably-priced, everygirl specialty clothing chain. It was big in the 90s. They had hip 80s songs like "dress you up in my love" and some early hit from Depeche Mode. Gap was cool, basic, fairly affordable, and accessible - where do you get a combination like that these days?

Gap has really gone downhill for years and years now. In the mid-2000s, it was still pretty good. I bought good, unique, cool items there at a decent price. But by the late 2000s, it really slid down - the designs were odd, like they were reaching for a certain vibe and customer base, but weren't quite getting it. I think Gap Inc. was having trouble distinguishing between its various Gap brands. It was trying to hard to preserve Gap's minimalist, breezy, and slightly edgy/rocker 90s to mid-2000s style - but it wasn't succeeding.

I'm not sure if Gap has ever picked up sufficiently. In the past decade, I've made some decent purchases there - but all basic, forgettable clothes of slightly poor to decent quality. Gap won't ever go back to their perfect 90s heyday, when they practically had a monopoly on specialty clothing chains.

In the old days, Gap employees seemed friendly and accessible. But in the past several years, I'm seeing very snooty employees at their flagship location in SF. The cashiers always seem disgusted and rude to me. I went past an employee at the fitting room, and she gave me a disgusted look instead of offering help. I don't know how something as everyman as the Gap can be so snooty and elitist. The prices aren't that bad at all, with the constant sales, and percentages off sale items. And the offerings aren't all that - slightly dated styles aimed at late 30s-40s conservatively-dressed people, probably.

Shopping online is a hit or miss. The Gap site, and stores, just don't seem fun to shop at - dated and uncool. Nothing fresh or Millenial there. Not hipster.

Please fix your service in SF stores, GAP. Employees don't deserve to be so snooty at such a boring, has-been of a chain.

Tip for consumers: SF Flagship store has snooty, rude employees. Site and stores seem dated and boring - not fun to shop in. Slightly odd selection - trying to appeal to their original 90s crowd, but they should really get with the times.

robing216
12/14/18

The only reason that I have shopped at the Gap in the past 20 years is for boy's jeans. There aren't many choices for boy's jeans, and the Crewcuts at our mall moved out, as well as the Gap. Unfortunately, I purchased two pairs at Gap on-line recently which did not fit my son. I immediately returned them the next day. This order was placed before Thanksgiving and was received back to them (via slow USPS because they do not have a UPS shipping label). They received it on Nov. 30th, despite numerous 'customer service specialists' telling me they didn't receive anything. After tracking it and speaking to a supervisor twice, they admitted they received it. After six calls, I still do not have a refund. I was originally told I'd receive the credit on a Thursday, then a Friday, then 7-10 business days, then 14 days, then 15 days. Finally, a supervisor told me 15 days and made notes on my account to refund me at the 15th day. I called today (Friday afternoon- 15th day) and they are still refusing to refund until Monday, which is the 15th business day. However, they aren't going to be processing anything over the weekend, so I don't understand why I would need to make a 7th call to them. Also, the supervisor yesterday reassured me that I would not be told any longer time frame, and I literally received an email from Gap the next day telling me 25-35 business days!!!! Is this company for real? And they wonder why so many people prefer to shop with Amazon and Zappos who ship in 1-2 days and immediately refund customers once received (or even just scanned with the carrier). No wonder they are closing so many brick and mortar stores. They are 100% not customer friendly and tie up everyone's money at the holidays, probably because they are on the verge of bankruptcy. And by the way, what happened to Banana Republic? They used to be my #1 go to for all clothes. I shopped with them almost exclusively for 20 years. Now they are like a bad Gap- selling only basics and their quality has severely declined. Fabrics are now polyesters and other synthetics, made in China and have no style. I think this company is headed out!

cathm7
11/19/18

I can always rely on Gap to get some awesome pieces of clothing for any occasion or season. My favorite place both when shopping online or in stores. Top stuff, customer for life!

katea72
11/17/18

I love this site to the core of my heart. The prompt delivery and responsive customer service made this amazon india, a wonderful hub to shop.Quality service and quality product.

debonb
10/30/18

I have been a shppper of GAP specifically for my kids for a long time- all their life- my oldest is 9. Every issue I have had they are quick to fix it but today they went above and beyond, and I didn't complain or ask they offered. My order was not shipped to the right address, and they refunded my entire order, as well as, sent me 3 of the items which remained in stock for free ( which included my daughters birthday picture dress) and expedited it!

They have corrected mistakes before and never given me hassle and have always taken care of me: but this time they truly put did themselves.

This makes me want to keep shopping at GAP! Also I looked to see if they were an American company, becuse I'm like there's no way this isn't American and the founders are American! :)

jokl
10/22/18

My favourite purchases this week a couple of stylish jumpsuits in jersey & lovely knitwear with Perfect quality and good prices..Totally worth it.

juneb102
8/15/18

I love Gap, I've got many fab items in my wardrobe including several pairs of well fitting jeans, casual trousers, tees in all colours, warm jumpers & cuddly cardigans. I can't bear to part with any of them, even though some are several years old, & have worn them lots. I'm happy to say that the majority of my Gap purchases have been of excellent quality. Sadly, Gap in Leeds, West Yorkshire, UK has closed down & I am devastated by that. It was a great shopping experience & it's so disappointing that it has disappeared from our main pedestrianised street, Briggate, & is very much missed (& not just by myself). I do order online though & usually my orders arrive very quickly. Returns take a little longer to process but that is no problem. Occasionally, I have used the online chat & I have had excellent service from that. My favourite purchases this season are a couple of stylish jumpsuits in jersey & some lovely knitwear. The frequent offers are well worth taking advantage of make Gap clothes a steal & if you have the app you can save a further 5% on your purchases. Please come back to Leeds, Gap!

cindyb290
7/26/18

Not a very satisfied customer here. The clothes are quite expensive and the wait for the delivery is long. I'm sorry but clothes at this price should at least be of exceptional quality. And they are not.

roberts1460
7/4/18

A lot of good options, and great sales. I have the card and they are always offering extra discounts so I would recommend waiting if you see something you like. Still good quality materials for the most part, can buy a good cotton shirt and jeans.

dianag108
5/10/18

First and last time buying gap jeans. Theyre expensive so you'd assume theyre of good quality. Then why does every lint/stray hair in a 5 mile vicinity end up on my pants? Good jeans shouldnt have static issues. Ive paid less for jeans that were better than this

kellyc215
3/24/18

Overall good clothing for kids but the deliveries take much too long. This might be because we are ordering from Canada so 4 stars.

elenik9
2/26/18

Perfect quality, good prices. Totally worth it, I would suggest it to anyone looking both for price and quality.

lanef
12/31/17

They have really stepped up the style factor and I love the sale prices especially. Online often has exclusive products that do not come into the stores. So exclusive limited editions are only online- drawing you to the online site.

sharonb208
12/28/17

They stopped having a young boys line of clothing size 14/ They canter to girls. The boys clothing are awful

lindaa146
12/22/17

I received a GAP card and I love it! They're always sending me discount codes, which saves me alot.. loving it!!

amyb226
12/19/17

So frustrating. It's the week before Christmas and Gap sends me an email showing my package shipped on 12/13/17 but yet delivered to another state on 11/10/17. When I called, they apologized blaming it on UPS, but basically said they were sure it'd get here, to trust them and that because in their system it hadn't missed the guaranteed delivery date of 12/22, it wasn't something they could replace or reship without me paying for it a second time and paying expedited shipping. Then they told me it was with the USPS but there is no tracking information available at all on their website and their website says they've received nothing. They blamed that on the system just being behind. Are you kidding me? Customer service fail. Bigtime.

cra1460
12/19/17

Never a problem returning, shipping is also free to return, great phone system, always able to speak to a person whose first language is English, great clothes I get compliments on, fantastic sales that occur often!

tracyb134
12/3/17

I returned an online purchase for a refund and it was received by Gap on the 24 November, 10 days later I have not even received an acknowledgement from Gap let alone a refund. Emails are not answered until it has been sent 2 or three times, appalling customer service which if you check out other reviews is a common complaint, I will never shop with Gap again!

samanthas142
12/1/17

I like Gap, I often order there clothes for me and my kids. There are large variety of fashion collections at affordable prices

laurens225
11/23/17

I am unable to get my sister's requested birthday gift to her on time because of the stupid cheap shipping method Gap.com uses, and I got no help from the jerk in customer service who canceled my order without telling me. I ended up hanging up on the idiot and calling back in to get another customer service person. She was a bit more helpful, although I wanted to scream at this point because she kept hinting that I should thank her for giving me free shipping (all orders over $50 get free shipping online now anyway, so I have no idea why the heck she was so weird about it.)

I honestly have never been so frustrated by "customer service" people before in my life. I have had lost packages, misdelivered packages, late and lost items; but the companies I was dealing with would actually work with me to fix the situation. The Gap customer service people are really bad, and the company should stop with this cheap delivery company (it's LaserShip, which actually runs like Uber with independent contractors....who often seem to steal packages.)

I honestly have never been so frustrated with an online buying experience.

Thanks for everything Gap! The party is Saturday, so I have to go out on Black Friday to get her birthday gift. Oh, and thanks for the 10% off coupon to use on my next order. I can't even begin to imagine why they thought sending me that as an apology would be a good idea. It just made me furious. Hopefully my facebook and twitter posts will spread the word a bit about this horrible company.

lindab419
11/22/17

I love 1969 jeans and their staff are great in Valencia Mall. Miss the mall since I moved up north but go there every time we are in Santa Clarita CA

Questions? Get answers from the Gap.com staff and other customers.

Gap.com?