Havertys Furniture

Havertys Furniture has a consumer rating of 2.14 stars from 7 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Havertys Furniture also ranks 254th among Furniture sites. The most common issues with Havertys Furniture are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate Havertys Furniture?

“This is a great place to shop for furniture.”

Sheila S.
12/3/17

We bought all of our family room furniture from Havertys. Our sectional is really comfortable and has lasted. The prices were great, and the service was amazing. Its so nice to shop at a store that actually exists with people you can talk to, and has excellent delivery service.

“Bad service”

John M.
5/15/20

This was one of the worst experiences. The furniture that I bought is horrible. The service is even more horrible. I would never shop here again

johnm5001
May 15th, 2020
joannm143
January 22nd, 2020
We recently purchased our bedroom set at Havertys. The whole experience was the worst we ever had buying new furniture for our home. Our salesperson never let us know that part of the bed was not in stock for over a month. The nightstands and dresser all came damaged without the cords for usb and 1 nightstand had a different color back as if it was repaired before. Customer service was no help offering us money back to keep damaged items. The store manager offered a gift card for future purchase. We decided to cancel when the back ordered side rails came delivered damaged and found out that they dismantled store bed and delivered parts to us from floor model. We ended up getting our bedroom set at American Signature and received seamless delivery with our salesperson following up after our delivery. We'll be going back to American Signature for our living room and formal dining next. Great service from American Signature after the unexpected bad experience at Havertys. We'll never go back to Havertys.
sheilas85
December 3rd, 2017
robert11
April 12th, 2020
Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out. Whatever one sows, that will be what he also reaps.
We purchased Beckley Entertainment Wall System from Havertys. The Entertainment Console that was shipped was defective - did not include the feet to be screwed on. Deep gouges and scratches in several areas.
A hole was missing to screw the feet into the console. Delivery men were going to transfer the feet from the Left Pier unit but there was no hole predrilled hole for the attachment. They told me there was a "pink ticket" on the console which meant this was already a "used and returned furniture item". I went straight to the store but other than writing it up on the computer they were no help. So far NO call from any manager or Customer Service representative to schedule a new replacement entertainment wall unit.
I will never buy anything from Haverty's again. Trust me when I say the CEO is 'WAY OVERCOMPENSATED" for the job he is doing with this company. *** - even Rooms-To-Go is better than this. I paid $2949.97 for this unit. I still had other furniture on backorder.
Going back to store today and just canceling the entire order altogether. Havertys is CLEARLY Lacking Store and Quality Control Management.
Beware shopping at Haverty's. More stress than what it's worth.
martyh151
October 4th, 2019
Every piece of our dining room set came damaged again.. Delivery men wanted to leave it in our home until we get another exchange. We didn't exchange it again and demanded a full refund. After being tricked once, one should learn from one's mistakes and avoid being tricked in the same way again.
maryh545
May 1st, 2018
Bought several pieces of furniture from local Haverty's over the years. Always turned out well. Had one bad cushion on a couch and they replaced it quickly, no questions asked.
tonar
December 22nd, 2015
TRUE STORY: We purchased 2 swivel recliners in July - delivered in August. 1 chair arrived broken - they said "don't worry, you purchased the gold plan for $99 each so they will just send you another chair right out." WRONG! Not only would they NOT send another chair, they insisted on repairing this chair. Havertys only has 1 tech in the entire Charlotte, NC region and he only works our area when there are several customers who need repairs. They ordered the wrong parts, etc. and it is Dec. 22 and this chair is STILL not repaired!!! I will NEVER EVER darken the doors of their store again and I will make sure EVERY person I encounter knows about this experience. Honestly, I wouldn't have paid $5 for these 2 chairs given the nightmare of an experience this has been!

After Checking Consumer reports and the complaints posted of Havertys low quality furniture and customer service problems we shopped for our furniture at different stores and glad we did. We found better styles, quality and pricing that met our budget.

By Jerry C.
See more answers (3)

Don't bother. They don't care about your problems after you pay..

By Marty H.
See more answers (4)

We were highly surprised to find that Rooms To Go and American Signature have better quality furniture than Havertys. We didn't buy anything at Havertys after we saw the manager arguing with a customer in the middle of the showroom. It sounded like the customer had a bad delivery and the manager was reluctant on helping them resolve the problem. It was a clear sign for us not to shop at Haverty's.

By Robert -.
See more answers (4)

The only Success Story we can share about Haverty's Furniture is Getting a FULL REFUND and taking my business elsewhere where they know the meaning of quality furniture and customer service. After calling their Corporate Offices in Atlanta we told them of the extensive damaged furniture we received 3 times. We demanded a refund and also called our credit card company. We refused all the furniture. We finally received a full refund. Save yourself the headache and buy furniture somewhere else.

By Robert -.

It how Havertys does business to get applicants to apply since most people looking for a real job won't choose commission work that pays ONLY when products are delivered. Lots of variables involved like no stock, warehouse and delivery errors and damage.

By John -.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Havertys Furniture staff and other customers.

Shop Havertys for quality furniture, affordable prices and a range of stylish, customizable pieces. Free Design Services. Reliable Top Drawer Delivery. Free Online Design Tools. Helpful Customer Support.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Havertys Furniture?

Have a question about Havertys Furniture?