Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

angies56
9/11/18

I did not believe this FREE card would save me money on my prescriptions, I was wrong! I had to pick up 3 prescriptions that were going to be $100 , I paid $49!! I save an average of $20-30 dollars on each prescription, depending on the actual cost. I am so glad I used this card/

johnb1923
8/29/18

This happened in two states now. In my prior state, it was cheaper to pay cash with the pharmacy's regular discount. I didn't use the card.

I got a couple of prices and called the pharmacy w/the lowest price here. The said they're having problems with the company's quoted price and invariably had to call and call them again. The costs quoted were bogus. Consumers were screwed - nothing new and this confirms what I saw but didn't understand. In this new state, I only called one pharmacy that's local for two quotes and I'll pay about $3 more for one and $7 more for the other. I'll stop enriching the pharmaceutical companies for one script and will just not bother filling it anymore.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Well hello John! We aren't having issues - our prices are right. Sounds like a misunderstanding - can you email help@goodrx.com and we'll make this right for you?
elizabethp256
8/28/18

Received my 30 day free trial card. The web site quoted the discount price. Went to my participating Pharmacy and GoodRx would not approve the price quoted on line. Spoke to 2 different GoodRX customer service representatives. First one young inexperienced, told me what she was probably reading off a sheet. Asked for a supervisor (Isaiah) Extremely rude, cut me off during asking questions, and when I would cut in to ask ask a question l was told I was being difficult.?It appears they are programmed, and if you ask simply questions they don't know the answer too you all the sudden become difficult and they want to end the conversation. I rarely send reviews but this one is truly price false advertising and horrible customer service.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - GoodRx Gold prices are right, and if there's an issue, we're happy to take care of it and make things right. Our contracted rates are clearly published and if we're wrong (which rarely happens, if ever) , we'll be sure to make you happy somehow. Will you please email help@goodrx.com so we can resolve this?
folzk
8/24/18

My husband and I printed out GoodRx coupons for shingrix vaccine and went to Walmart. They refused to honor the price and showed us on the computer that it was GoodRX that said the coupons were no good for That vaccine. Go figure that one out.

jimf218
8/22/18

Good RX is total crap, buy yourself toilet paper instead, you can put it to good use. Went to four different pharmacies with Gold Good RX Card (Sams, CVS, walgreen's and Walmart) and ALL of they gave me a hard time AND refused to take the card. I immediately called Good RX and canceled the card!!! Total waste of time and money!!!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Jim - We'd be happy to help. GoodRx Gold is accepted at every pharmacy in our network, and we can fix problems. What are the odds you'll reach out again so we can make this right?
tammyb213
8/18/18

I checked two pharmacy's for my medication with the Good RX Cupon. Rite Aid would not honor the Cupon, and Fred's did not have the medication. Wal-Mart would not honor their Cupon.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - we work closely with all of the pharmacies you mention. It sounds like you may have been trying to fill a controlled substance, which pharmacists have the option to deny (and we say so on the site). Still, we'd like to help - please email help@goodrx.com.
crystalt53
8/17/18

Walmart is listed on the good rx site. Went there they said no. Called the good rx. # and was informed that eventhough they partner with Walmart that can choose to accept it or not. Gee thanks I think maybe they didn't want to honor it because the script was actually for a canine but a human med obviously. Whatever not gonna embarrass myself with this crap again

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - sounds like the pharmacist was not aware how to process GoodRx; we can help with this. Please email help@goodrx.com? We'll make this right.
frankh212
8/10/18

Simvaststin $38 cvs. Had transferred to Shoprite with GoodRx app. Only $9.78 90 days supply. Simply read the numbers from coupon. Quite a savings

vicb17
8/10/18

Save me 40 dollars. My pharmacy told me cash price was 60. I brought in the coupon. I ended up paying 19 and some change. You just have to try. Each pharmacy is different. Thanks so much to good rx

lorac15
8/5/18

One of the actors says that he has insurance,but goods saves him more. On the bottom of the screen,it CLEARLY says "not to be combined with other insurance ". Sounds misleading to me....

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
It's not misleading - you simply can't combine the two discounts. Not sure why that would merit a 1-star review.
donnal273
8/5/18

Coupon states that "your estimated price at pharmacy will be $84.16", I called and my price with the coupon is $389!!!!! What a waste of time for someone who doesn't have the income for their meds.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - pharmacies sometimes do not like to run coupons over the phone, but you will get that price at the pharmacy. We work closely with every major US pharmacy and we'd love to help make this right - and we almost always can. Will you contact us at help@goodrx.com?
tomd308
8/2/18

i tried getting my prescription at 4 different pharmacies, Walmart was the worst. I dont have prescription coverage on my very expensive health insurance. I was going to have to pay otta pocket for 2 medications $400 a month, thank goodness my ex-wife introduced me to GoodRX she helped me look both prescriptions up on the website get the coupon finally called Walgreens OMG! I got both prescriptions for under $100 dollars and it was true gave the Walgreen pharmacist over the phone the 4 diffrent number member ID# Group# Bin# PCN# it all checked out, i picked up my prescription, I told the pharmacist how much i saved his eyes got huge and said WOW thats awsome so im so Blessed for GoodRX, I hope there in business forever.......... saving over $3,600 a year #1HAPPYCAMPER

aymar
7/31/18

I thought I could save a little money using Good RX over Blink Health. Nope! My coupons were less than 2 hours old when I presented them to pay for my meds. Kroger wanted nearly 26$ more than the price on the coupons. Declined to be ripped off and went home. Checked the Good RX price for Kroger and it still showed the value on my coupons, not the $24 more that Kroger demanded. Tore up the coupons and paid for my meds with Blink instead. Price was higher but closer to what Kroger was demanding. I'm sticking with Blink.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hmm. One wonders if a competitive company is spamming review boards...
amandas419
7/30/18

I PAY $114 A MONTH FOR MY MEDICATION THAT IS OVER 300 ELSEWHERE, GREAT SAVINGS, I CANNOT DRIVE WITHOUT MY MEDICATION, SO GRATEFUL FOR GOOD RX

robertb1161
7/23/18

Good RX saves me $160.00 a month on my daughters' AD/HD medication. That is $1,920.00 a year...at no cost to me. That is really all that needs to be said. Type in the name of your medication, and save money. Simple...

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thank you!
dianneh2
7/13/18

I had no problem using it. I needed refills for 3 prescriptions at Kroger. My current insurance does not have prescription coverage. I searched each prescription on GoodRx, printed my coupons and went to Kroger. No problem with Kroger, they said GoodRx is great. I saved a bunch of money.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thanks!
teresah167
6/27/18

My prescription was so expensive through Medicare. My friend told me about GoodRX Gold. I m so thankful. I was going to be charged $118.00 for a 30 day supply. Asked Doctor for a paper prescription vs faxing to Pharmacy, so I could check pricing. Whoa, $30.00. Less expensive than noted on goodRX website. Customer Service is also great. What a savings so far. Thank you GoodRX!

aaront78
6/20/18

I went to hyvee pharmacy to get gemfibrozil because goodrx had them as the lowest price. i went in with the good rx coupon and my prescription, was told it was $192 without insurance so i pulled out the goodrx coupon and the price was reduced to 17 dollars. WOW. to be honest i wouldn't have been able to afford it without goodrx

williamc593
6/13/18

No one accepts their coupons... Walmart regular price with no discount card or insurance is $10.00 Cheaper then the GoodRx coupon

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello William. You know that we list all those Walmart $4 and $10 prices, right? We always want to make it right, and we'd be happy to talk to you and make sure you're all good. Every major US pharmacy happily accepts GoodRx. Please email help@goodrx.com.
cjd14
6/8/18
• Updated review

I have my receipt. Walmart's "regular" price is lower than your reported "regular price for Walmart" and even lower than your "discount price for walmart" and I didn't have to do anything to get that cash price.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We list Walmart's "regular prices" and we talk to them regularly. Yes, you're right - you don't have to do anything. We'd love to look into this if you'll give us a chance - please email help@goodrx.com?
“Not a lower price.”
6/6/18
• Previous review

Walmart cash price as well as several local pharmacies cash prices were less than GOODRX coupon "discount" price shown for that store. Actually, the "discount" price shown at GOODRX is the full name brand price quoted by the manufacturer and the "normal" price shown on GOODRX is far more than that quoted by the manufacturer for name brand. Not sure what all the hype is about. .

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - I think you're confused. We list Walmart cash prices for prescriptions. I think you've got your facts wrong. We'd love to help - help@goodrx.com
lynns219
6/7/18

I've been using Good Rx with good results for months. Today I pulled up the coupon and it showed my RX was $19.59 at my pharmacy. The pharmacy put the info in and it was $26.02. they verified the name/dosage/quantity were correct in the coupon. They then said this has been happening a lot lately. I called Good RX and they pulled the RX and my pharmacy up and said it showed too be $25.42.

This is ridiculous. I'll stick with Blink

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Lynn. Our prices are quite accurate, and this story doesn't seem to make sense. We'd love to look into it and also make it right by you. Please email us at help@goodrx.com if we can assist. And please note that other programs aren't accepted at many pharmacies.
aimiem
6/6/18

I had a prescription to pick up at Walgreens and the cost was $118!!! I started researching and found GoodRx and downloaded the app. I looked up the medication and it showed a card with several different numbers....member ID, Group number, BIN number, and PCN. I called Walgreens and asked if they take GoodRx coupons, they said yes! I asked if I could give her all the info over the phone and she said sure and got all the info from me. She then says ok that coupon brought your prescription to $52. I was so elated! Picked it up that evening and paid $52!!! Its definitely worth trying. This is not a scam! I was embarrassed to ask after reading some of the reviews but so glad I did!!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the wonderful feedback.
nancyc382
6/3/18

tried to get my dog's calcitriol filled at walmart and the pharmacist said they couldn't honor the coupon because they don't have an NPI number. i need to get this med for my dog before he has another seizure.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - the pharmacist is incorrect - Walmart changed their policies on this a few months back and it should work now. We can help - help@goodrx.com and we'll get this sorted out correctly ASAP.
richardc171
6/2/18

I am not sure what this site or company is all about. I have checked their pricing and it is all wrong. When I contact them they indicate that they have not updated their pricing. I have attempted to utilize their coupons three times and each time it has been declined by the pharmacy with the comment that the coupon price is lower than their cost so obviously they cannot honor that price.
I honestly think this is a scam, not something when it comes to life saving medications.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi. More than 8 million people use us to save each month, and we'd like to help you too. Our prices are accurate. Would you mind emailing help@goodrx.com so we can assist you? Sounds like there's some confusion here, and we're quite good at sorting it out.
cathym214
5/25/18

I have had good luck at CVS. Walmart and Walgreens are worthless so GoodRX should either make them honor the contract they have with them or stop advertising the price that you never get from them. I've wasted many hours at both places. Go to CVS It is only a few dollars more and worth not having to go through the hassle at Walmart and Walgreens. Walmart did have one medication that I get for my dog that was cheaper without the coupon, but the most expensive drug I use for my dog Amantadine was easily gotten at CVS after fighting with the pharmacies at Walmart and Walgreens. Last I heard GoodRx was going to the corporate level about Walmart, but that was several months ago and I haven't heard anything back. So you can get 5 stars from me but only if you go to CVS One pharmacy is better than none. And their prices are only a few bucks more.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Cathy - we have reached out to both you and the pharmacy to make this right. We expect it to all work out and you to get the discount price you were quoted; please check your email for more. Apologies for the pain; the pharmacist was confused about how to process pet meds.

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

6 Photos for GoodRx