Review of CVS

Tel: 1465487365
ckcramer@cvs.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

CVS has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

janiem27
5/5/19

I Use The Pharmacy I Feel so special when I Am told that I am Missed By my Pharmacist and She Showed Concern And She Hoped I was feeling Better I Felt That she Gave me the best Care and Was Happy To See Me after sending a friend to Pick up my Medicines I also asked a Question about How I was feeling and she Told me That It was something In my Medicine That was making me feel The way I did I then Told my Doctor and She was 100 Percent Correct .

kristym74
4/28/19

They are not even one star!!! First off the pharmacy is incredibly rude. I can't say that enough!!!! RUDE. And don't bother trying to talk to the store manager. He is just as rude and does not even know the District Managers name. Which if I am not mistaken it is on the wall with a picture. This pharmacy has given the wrong medication more than once to my father. How dangerous is this??? Very considering the meds they sent him home with. A bottle with someone else's meds in. And thank God he did not accidentally take it since you can't hardly mix anything with his meds. They lie all the time to him. Telling him you can pick it up this day and turn around and when he calls to get it they say nope sorry it will be this day. Most of the time they do not even have his meds in and he is waiting. This pharmacy has gone down way down.... And to allow your staff to be rude to customers thinking that is OK??? I can only hope people will start going somewhere else and let them stop making money off of good people to be treated like garbage. Due to treating a Parkinsons patient like you did and now making an er trip because of it. Thanks for everything CVS you are not a good place at all. We will be taking our business to a pharmacy that has at the least great customer service!!!!! We can definitely do better than you.

rachelo57
3/30/19

I called the 800 number 3 times this week. No one would help me. The girl Friday her name was LISA! would not let me explain myself told me I needed to stop talking or she would hang up on me. I could not even explain my issue. Asked to speak to a supervisor she told me no that she would handle it and I said but you dont understand and she told me no that I didnt understand. Still dont have a proper working cvs card!

whatever
3/11/19

I recently bought a beauty product and they sent me a gift with it as well. Really great site i love it.

ajl26
3/5/19

They filled a prescription when I was very ill. My husband picked it up, brought it home and read the "warning" labels on it; then gave it to me. There was NOT a label stating this had to be taken with food and no one at CVS had bothered to inform him of this. Since we had no knowledge of this I had not eaten before taking it. I ended up extremely nauseous, dehydrated and in the hospital. CVS will not respond to my messages/complaints. They should not be allowed to hold a pharmacy license! As busy as Walmart pharmacies are, they always give you a consult and be sure you know how to properly take the prescriptions. That CVS gets away with this uncaring negligence is a travesty.

Tip for consumers: Don't get your prescriptions at any CVS pharmacy, or even through their online service! Can't be trusted!

sandrar290
3/1/19

I was forced to change pharmacies because mine shut down. I've been in CVS 3 times and each time there have been problems. Whether it's the staff, the computers, my discount card, or the medicine being out of stock. The staff appear to be young, under qualified, confused, one guy had pants sagging off his butt, they mumble, don't smile, make eye contact, don't say please or thank you or explain anything! This place gives me anxiety attacks! I hate it. Seriously considering paying extra money and going to Walmart. They are super busy too, but at least they know what they're doing! I would not recommend CVS to anyone. Worst experiences in retail, EVER!

larissah7
3/1/19

My son has an autoimmune disorder and was prescribed Rasuvo on Dec 28 b/c the oral methotrexate wasn't working. After 3 weeks of numerous phone calls and seeing my son's condition getting worse, I knew I had to bypass them. I went to Walmart and they ordered the drug and I picked it up the next day! They also assisted me in finding an online coupon that lowered the cost.
I've now been trying to get reimbursement from CVS Caremark and have spent HOURS on the phone with them.
I used to work for Coram. Coram was acquired by CVS 4 years ago and they have drove it in the dirt. CVS was having the patients skip their home doses or stay in the hospital another day b/c CVS wouldn't hire enough pharmacists to fill the order. CVS is all about the money. THEY ARE NOT PATIENT ADVOCATES.

jamesl820
2/26/19

My wife is a pharmacist for CVS. She works alone with no support of a technician during half of her pharmacy hours. This is a discrase putting patients lives at risk. You can't possibly fill prescriptions, deal with the insurance companies and then run the register and be responsible for patient counseling. I am a pharmacist and I physician and the public needs to know that CVS is trying to balance a negative balance sheet at the expense of practing safe medicine. When you see your pharmacist overwhelmed that is because they are with too much multitasking that distracts from staying alert to filling your prescriptions!

mariem61
2/14/19

I am on a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan that uses CVS, exclusively, as their "Preferred" Pharmacy Chain. That means I either have to fill my prescriptions at CVS, or pay significantly more to fill them at a different pharmacy. CVS refuses to fill my "Do Not Substitute" prescriptions as written (by my physicians). No good reason given by CVS pharmacist, just told me that CVS could not provide (generic) drugs manufactured by the pharmaceutical companies specified on my prescriptions, even though CVS does have the ability to do so (other more customer-centric drug store chains do this for their customers). Apparently, CVS would rather limit their customer base to people who will accept whatever CVS chooses to dispense........ likely due to their focus being on profit, rather than on what is in a customer's best interest.

lishac1
2/11/19

I went to the drive thur for the pharmacy to drop my child daily meds off at 8:45 to be filled tonight. The tech said oh it won't be tonight why not y'all open for another hour and 15 mins he said she can't do it tonight Wowwww

jamesd807
2/5/19

I have been trying to fulfill a necessary prescription for my seven year old son since Monday afternoon. My wife called in the Rx between 3:30pm to 4:00pm on Monday ( 2-4-19). She stops off today after work today between 5:30pm to 6:00pm. The prescription is not ready and they tell her it will be another hour. She calls CVS around 7:30pm to 7:45pm and they tell her twenty more minutes. I wait until 8:10pm to 8:15pm to leave. I get there and wait in a line with four customers ahead of me. I meet a guy behind the counter and he apologizes about the wait and being slammed, but says it will be another ten minutes. I am hesitant and give him the stink eye, but I say no more and browse the store. He tells me that he will make my prescription a top priority and will expedite me. I get bored of the store and pace around the prescription desk again. An older blonde female pharmacist asks if she can help me and I tell her my story thus far. She tells me that she can only give me 22 pills of the prescription because that's all they have. One, she couldn't transfer it to another CVS since it was electronically sent to them from the doctor and two, we would miss eight pills because of the electronic prescription. She says sorry, that someone should have checked to see if there was enough for the prescription. The funny thing is that it was her and one other male employee that was running the pharmacy. Is she blaming herself? When she told me she couldn't fill it short of us loosing eight pills, I saluted her and walked out. Nothing but silence from the pharmacist upon walking out. Yes, we waited too long to fill my son's prescription, but does one mean to tell me that a common needed prescription can't be filled/communicated after approximately thirty hours in the 21st century. I will never slide another dollar of my money across the clerk counter of this CVS. We are transferring this prescription in the morning.

alanp208
1/27/19

Was told I could pick my pills up at 11am. I went over at noon and was told it would be another 45 minutes. It's now 2 pm and I'm still waiting. Also your parking lot has lots of litter and trash. Doesn't CVS want customers?

sheliao2
1/10/19

The pharmacists are a complete joke and have bad attitudes. Hey, its not my fault you barely make a living. Treat people with respect and maybe they will respect you. If you disrespect the you will get 10X the disrespect you gave.

shehzada2
1/10/19

The customer service is trash and people are low IQ. Seriously, social media has created a society of narcissism and these dumb people working at chain stores now think they are celebrities and need to give everyone attitude problems. I don't care if you have 500 Instagram followers, just ring me up and move along. No one cares about you.

elizabethw75
1/4/19

Worst drug store ever (except maybe Walgreens)!!!!! The workers lied to me about my anti-psychotic medication, and I nearly ran all the way out, if I hadn't called my doctor's office twice, them 3 times, and the woman lied to me on the phone, saying it was ready!!! It wasn't, and she lied to me, straight up. This is not my first bad experience with them on this issue and others,Once, they were completely out of one of my medications, made me spend the weekend WITHOUT my medication, supposedly called an emergency prescription in, but did not follow through so Monday, it was not ready, and they had to, a second time, write out an emergency prescription I didn't receive until Wednesday, after I had called a week ahead for it, as I did for my anti-psychotic medication. These people are dangerous, and will definitely kill someone eventually, or someone will be without their anti-psychotic meds and kill themselves. Like me.They don't even care they are sub-par. I have dates and times I called, and it was a female, and I'm calling their corporate office after safely changing to Krogers. Very dangerous and incompetent!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!! I hope the liar gets fired, as I can pinpoint when I called and send screenshots to corporate. Moreover, they sent a message to me Christmas eve, late, to contact my doctor immediately, no reason why, and ruined my entire Christmas for no good reason. I hate them. I hope they go bankrupt because of incompetence!!!!!!!!!!

anns313
12/23/18

I asked my dr to call in the script early so as CVS would have time to make sure they had it in stock since it's a controlled substance the pharmacist called and said I wouldn't be able to pick it up until Sun this was Thursday which I was fine with Sunday morning I get a text that states they do not have enough to fill the prescription I then called cvs and asked when I would be able to get my meds I was told it would be Thursday I asked how they didn't know they didn't have enough to fill it when we spoke on Thursday and again on Saturday? Meantime I have had to postpone a trip to spend Christmas with family I delayed others by 2 days of them leaving. I now get to spend the holidays alone all because CVS couldn't do one simple thing. Had they told me on thursday or even Saturday they couldn't fill it I could of at least let the rest of the family leave as planned I know I can't sit for that long in a car without my meds this is the second time this has happened with CVS I am totally disappointed in them and I will no longer tell people to give them a try

yangboh
12/4/18

I was super upset with one of the order I put it in recently. I just began to shop in CVS and online. I put the order on November 19th and had to wait over 2 weeks and last night partial of the order got cancelled by CVS. I called the order department this morning and asked if they can still honor the deal. The agent was very careless and impatient and I ended up having to cancel my entire order. I do a lot of online shopping all the time and never have to call so many times to check this order status and ended up having to cancel it. After the order got cancelled, I had to call another time to get my extra care bucks back. The first order department agent didn't take care of the whole process. The only thing I want to say it is so frustrating to deal with the whole process of this order. I waited for so long because this order is part of the Christmas gifts for my mother-in-law!!! I won't do online business with them again. I still will go to the store, but I will buy stuff on the other website.

katea72
11/22/18

I have sensitive skin so it's hard to find beauty products for my skin type. thanks to CVS, I found a couple of brands that worked great for me. I want to continue shopping from them but how can I avail their discounts?

klm7
11/18/18

Tried it recently and love it!!!. Good products, timely delivered via shipping. Was what I expected, plus what a nice surprise - plus free gifts inside my box. Shampoo, lotion, body wash, etc. How nice - in this day and age when products cost both an arm and a leg, but the price was fantastic, and the free gifts were an additional breath of fresh air. Will definitely do more online shopping with CVS.com. Linda, Gainesville, FL

jenniferr429
11/10/18

I must say I like this store. It may be expensive but you are able to get what you need 24 hours a day. Some times the store can be crowded but it's cool.

dawno26
10/29/18

The cv s website is so easy to follow. the personal pharmacy page allows your to easily refill prescriptions or contact your pharmacy. They have a fantastic rewards program . As well as online coupons which can be added directly to your cv s rewards card. Love the site and store.

marvas2
10/9/18

I am a Senior citizen who had hip surgery 9/13/2018 and went to pharmacy on 9/17/2018 upon release to drop off a prescription for pain as well as pick up prescription that were not picked up during hospitalization.
The pharmacist gave my husband a hard time since 2 of the medications were controlled substance which my doctor had discussed with me and instructed me how to take prior to my release.
The pharmacist did not dispense any pain medications despite having prescriptions and referred my husband back to my doctor.
I had make an appointment to see my doctor after 2 days of no pain medication & hip surgery because a pharmacist made a judgement call that overrode my doctor's right to prescribe her patients needed medication after surgery.
I can't put into words the pain and suffering I endured at CVS Pharmacy located at 1950 Village Circle Las Vegas NV. I will never do business at this CVS ever again for their lack of compassion and ability to make their clients uncomfortable as if they were drug addicts. Pharmacist gone wild on a Senior Beware of this pharmacy I went to another 24 hour CVS that assisted me in my needs without the drama of they gave me. Shame on them

tl100
9/26/18

There are some stores I can never go into. CVS is one of them. It just has such a pathetic, ugly, unwelcoming vibe.

Products are all way overpriced - probably far beyond the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Like Walgreens, their tactic is to overprice everything, then have sales, coupons, and their own "Extracare" rewards. That's so you thinking you're saving, and that's how they reel you back. Even with all that, they can't reel me in - going into those stores, using the self-checkouts that never work, and interacting with the rude employees is so painful.

Once I was returning a cosmetic item that really didn't work for me - and I try multiple times to get them to work. I never return anything for nothing. I had the receipt, and I bought it just 2 weeks ago. The employee was extremely rude and condescending to me, and refused to let me return it. She was simply biased against my physical appearance - I had done nothing wrong, and everything right. I was very polite and nice, as usual. She would've gladly let anyone else return it, even if they didn't have a receipt, even if they bought it long ago, and even if CVS' policy didn't expressly state a 100% guarantee on cosmetics. Then I called their corporate office, and they were horrified that I got such unacceptable treatment at CVS. They clearly state and advertise a 100% guarantee cosmetic policy - and I was fully within the policy, and used it lightly a few times, and it simply didn't work for me.

Employees are pretty rude or indifferent at CVS, in general. It attracts that type of person. Many chains are very bland and unwelcoming, but it doesn't get any worse than CVS.

Tip for consumers: Bland, unwelcoming chain. Unacceptable service. Employees are rude and indifferent in general. There are always problems with the self-checkout machines. Products are all overpriced.

megk4
9/26/18

A week or so ago, I gave them a refill bottle for 10 mg of Ambien. A few days later, they gave me a prescription bottle with 5 mg of Ambien. They said, "You'd been taking 5 mg. Have you discussed this dosage change with your doctor?"

It's like, "Yeah, but I'm travelling internationally in a week, and I suspect I might have jet lag. Not that that should matter, because my refill bottle isn't outdated and should be valid."

"Well, we have to check it out. Ambien is a controlled substance and we need to make sure your doctor approves."

"Um, all you should need is my valid, unexpired refill bottle."

"Yes, we agree you gave us such a bottle. But we just need to do our due diligence."

"So you're going to harass my doctor, who doesn't deserve to be bothered over this, because you don't want to admit you screwed up my prescription?" I asked.

"We didn't make a mistake. We just need to do our due diligence and make sure your doctor approves this."

"Then why didn't you let me know instead of filling this 5 mg refill on file?"

"It was on file, because it's the dosage you've been taking for the past two months."

"Yes, but I didn't request a refill of 5 mg," I insisted.

This left off with them promising to call and badger my poor doctor the next morning, after which they'd call my dad's landline (I don't use a cell phone) first thing and let him know what my doctor said.

Two days passed, and I finally sent my dad down to the pharmacy to see what was going on. (There had been no promised phone call.) When my dad was there, they finally picked up the phone and called my doctor. I guess prior to that, they were hoping the problem would magically disappear. Then my dad brought home the original prescription I'd requested of 10 mg.

And now, my dad wants to know why I'm still mad. "They filled the prescription!"

"Yeah, after you went down there two days later and made them do what they promised to do!" I swore.

So, being about as angry as possible, I'm giving them a 1-star review.

reneeg67
8/11/18

I like shopping here but there isn't one in convenient distance from me. But I usually stop by when I am close to one.

123 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, you should do such!!!

By Paul Y.

I have changed too

By Nina R.

Never I had some side affects Not sure why and The Pharmacist Looked at My Profile and Told me What It could Possible Be and she was Right , Very Grateful she took time to Spend explaining my Options .Very Happy .

By Janie M.

Can't wait for Amazon to get into pharmacy goods. CVS customers will flock to their service!

By alan P.

I agree they have very poor service. I had left the dr office and went by my home and waited an hour. I called the CVS pharmacy to see if my prescription would be ready. I was placed on hold and said I would be answered in the order the call was received. I decided I would drive over and keep my phone on. When I arrived all the pharmacy staff was working but no one was on the phone. I was on hold for 25 minutes. I still had to wait 30 more minutes for my prescription. The average wait time at this pharmacy is at least two hours. I recently had surgery and my husband had to wait 3 hour for my pain medicine and the hospital had called it in an hour before he arrived.

By Nina R.

Questions? Get answers from the CVS staff and other customers.

CVS?