Review of CVS

Tel: 1465487365
ckcramer@cvs.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

CVS has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

mariem61
2/14/19

I am on a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan that uses CVS, exclusively, as their "Preferred" Pharmacy Chain. That means I either have to fill my prescriptions at CVS, or pay significantly more to fill them at a different pharmacy. CVS refuses to fill my "Do Not Substitute" prescriptions as written (by my physicians). No good reason given by CVS pharmacist, just told me that CVS could not provide (generic) drugs manufactured by the pharmaceutical companies specified on my prescriptions, even though CVS does have the ability to do so (other more customer-centric drug store chains do this for their customers). Apparently, CVS would rather limit their customer base to people who will accept whatever CVS chooses to dispense........ likely due to their focus being on profit, rather than on what is in a customer's best interest.

lishac1
2/11/19

I went to the drive thur for the pharmacy to drop my child daily meds off at 8:45 to be filled tonight. The tech said oh it won't be tonight why not y'all open for another hour and 15 mins he said she can't do it tonight Wowwww

jamesd807
2/5/19

I have been trying to fulfill a necessary prescription for my seven year old son since Monday afternoon. My wife called in the Rx between 3:30pm to 4:00pm on Monday ( 2-4-19). She stops off today after work today between 5:30pm to 6:00pm. The prescription is not ready and they tell her it will be another hour. She calls CVS around 7:30pm to 7:45pm and they tell her twenty more minutes. I wait until 8:10pm to 8:15pm to leave. I get there and wait in a line with four customers ahead of me. I meet a guy behind the counter and he apologizes about the wait and being slammed, but says it will be another ten minutes. I am hesitant and give him the stink eye, but I say no more and browse the store. He tells me that he will make my prescription a top priority and will expedite me. I get bored of the store and pace around the prescription desk again. An older blonde female pharmacist asks if she can help me and I tell her my story thus far. She tells me that she can only give me 22 pills of the prescription because that's all they have. One, she couldn't transfer it to another CVS since it was electronically sent to them from the doctor and two, we would miss eight pills because of the electronic prescription. She says sorry, that someone should have checked to see if there was enough for the prescription. The funny thing is that it was her and one other male employee that was running the pharmacy. Is she blaming herself? When she told me she couldn't fill it short of us loosing eight pills, I saluted her and walked out. Nothing but silence from the pharmacist upon walking out. Yes, we waited too long to fill my son's prescription, but does one mean to tell me that a common needed prescription can't be filled/communicated after approximately thirty hours in the 21st century. I will never slide another dollar of my money across the clerk counter of this CVS. We are transferring this prescription in the morning.

alanp208
1/27/19

Was told I could pick my pills up at 11am. I went over at noon and was told it would be another 45 minutes. It's now 2 pm and I'm still waiting. Also your parking lot has lots of litter and trash. Doesn't CVS want customers?

sheliao2
1/10/19

The pharmacists are a complete joke and have bad attitudes. Hey, its not my fault you barely make a living. Treat people with respect and maybe they will respect you. If you disrespect the you will get 10X the disrespect you gave.

shehzada2
1/10/19

The customer service is trash and people are low IQ. Seriously, social media has created a society of narcissism and these dumb people working at chain stores now think they are celebrities and need to give everyone attitude problems. I don't care if you have 500 Instagram followers, just ring me up and move along. No one cares about you.

elizabethw75
1/4/19

Worst drug store ever (except maybe Walgreens)!!!!! The workers lied to me about my anti-psychotic medication, and I nearly ran all the way out, if I hadn't called my doctor's office twice, them 3 times, and the woman lied to me on the phone, saying it was ready!!! It wasn't, and she lied to me, straight up. This is not my first bad experience with them on this issue and others,Once, they were completely out of one of my medications, made me spend the weekend WITHOUT my medication, supposedly called an emergency prescription in, but did not follow through so Monday, it was not ready, and they had to, a second time, write out an emergency prescription I didn't receive until Wednesday, after I had called a week ahead for it, as I did for my anti-psychotic medication. These people are dangerous, and will definitely kill someone eventually, or someone will be without their anti-psychotic meds and kill themselves. Like me.They don't even care they are sub-par. I have dates and times I called, and it was a female, and I'm calling their corporate office after safely changing to Krogers. Very dangerous and incompetent!!!! AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!! I hope the liar gets fired, as I can pinpoint when I called and send screenshots to corporate. Moreover, they sent a message to me Christmas eve, late, to contact my doctor immediately, no reason why, and ruined my entire Christmas for no good reason. I hate them. I hope they go bankrupt because of incompetence!!!!!!!!!!

anns313
12/23/18

I asked my dr to call in the script early so as CVS would have time to make sure they had it in stock since it's a controlled substance the pharmacist called and said I wouldn't be able to pick it up until Sun this was Thursday which I was fine with Sunday morning I get a text that states they do not have enough to fill the prescription I then called cvs and asked when I would be able to get my meds I was told it would be Thursday I asked how they didn't know they didn't have enough to fill it when we spoke on Thursday and again on Saturday? Meantime I have had to postpone a trip to spend Christmas with family I delayed others by 2 days of them leaving. I now get to spend the holidays alone all because CVS couldn't do one simple thing. Had they told me on thursday or even Saturday they couldn't fill it I could of at least let the rest of the family leave as planned I know I can't sit for that long in a car without my meds this is the second time this has happened with CVS I am totally disappointed in them and I will no longer tell people to give them a try

yangboh
12/4/18

I was super upset with one of the order I put it in recently. I just began to shop in CVS and online. I put the order on November 19th and had to wait over 2 weeks and last night partial of the order got cancelled by CVS. I called the order department this morning and asked if they can still honor the deal. The agent was very careless and impatient and I ended up having to cancel my entire order. I do a lot of online shopping all the time and never have to call so many times to check this order status and ended up having to cancel it. After the order got cancelled, I had to call another time to get my extra care bucks back. The first order department agent didn't take care of the whole process. The only thing I want to say it is so frustrating to deal with the whole process of this order. I waited for so long because this order is part of the Christmas gifts for my mother-in-law!!! I won't do online business with them again. I still will go to the store, but I will buy stuff on the other website.

katea72
11/22/18

I have sensitive skin so it's hard to find beauty products for my skin type. thanks to CVS, I found a couple of brands that worked great for me. I want to continue shopping from them but how can I avail their discounts?

klm7
11/18/18

Tried it recently and love it!!!. Good products, timely delivered via shipping. Was what I expected, plus what a nice surprise - plus free gifts inside my box. Shampoo, lotion, body wash, etc. How nice - in this day and age when products cost both an arm and a leg, but the price was fantastic, and the free gifts were an additional breath of fresh air. Will definitely do more online shopping with CVS.com. Linda, Gainesville, FL

jenniferr429
11/10/18

I must say I like this store. It may be expensive but you are able to get what you need 24 hours a day. Some times the store can be crowded but it's cool.

dawno26
10/29/18

The cv s website is so easy to follow. the personal pharmacy page allows your to easily refill prescriptions or contact your pharmacy. They have a fantastic rewards program . As well as online coupons which can be added directly to your cv s rewards card. Love the site and store.

marvas2
10/9/18

I am a Senior citizen who had hip surgery 9/13/2018 and went to pharmacy on 9/17/2018 upon release to drop off a prescription for pain as well as pick up prescription that were not picked up during hospitalization.
The pharmacist gave my husband a hard time since 2 of the medications were controlled substance which my doctor had discussed with me and instructed me how to take prior to my release.
The pharmacist did not dispense any pain medications despite having prescriptions and referred my husband back to my doctor.
I had make an appointment to see my doctor after 2 days of no pain medication & hip surgery because a pharmacist made a judgement call that overrode my doctor's right to prescribe her patients needed medication after surgery.
I can't put into words the pain and suffering I endured at CVS Pharmacy located at 1950 Village Circle Las Vegas NV. I will never do business at this CVS ever again for their lack of compassion and ability to make their clients uncomfortable as if they were drug addicts. Pharmacist gone wild on a Senior Beware of this pharmacy I went to another 24 hour CVS that assisted me in my needs without the drama of they gave me. Shame on them

tl100
9/26/18

There are some stores I can never go into. CVS is one of them. It just has such a pathetic, ugly, unwelcoming vibe.

Products are all way overpriced - probably far beyond the manufacturer's suggested retail price. Like Walgreens, their tactic is to overprice everything, then have sales, coupons, and their own "Extracare" rewards. That's so you thinking you're saving, and that's how they reel you back. Even with all that, they can't reel me in - going into those stores, using the self-checkouts that never work, and interacting with the rude employees is so painful.

Once I was returning a cosmetic item that really didn't work for me - and I try multiple times to get them to work. I never return anything for nothing. I had the receipt, and I bought it just 2 weeks ago. The employee was extremely rude and condescending to me, and refused to let me return it. She was simply biased against my physical appearance - I had done nothing wrong, and everything right. I was very polite and nice, as usual. She would've gladly let anyone else return it, even if they didn't have a receipt, even if they bought it long ago, and even if CVS' policy didn't expressly state a 100% guarantee on cosmetics. Then I called their corporate office, and they were horrified that I got such unacceptable treatment at CVS. They clearly state and advertise a 100% guarantee cosmetic policy - and I was fully within the policy, and used it lightly a few times, and it simply didn't work for me.

Employees are pretty rude or indifferent at CVS, in general. It attracts that type of person. Many chains are very bland and unwelcoming, but it doesn't get any worse than CVS.

Tip for consumers: Bland, unwelcoming chain. Unacceptable service. Employees are rude and indifferent in general. There are always problems with the self-checkout machines. Products are all overpriced.

megk4
9/26/18

A week or so ago, I gave them a refill bottle for 10 mg of Ambien. A few days later, they gave me a prescription bottle with 5 mg of Ambien. They said, "You'd been taking 5 mg. Have you discussed this dosage change with your doctor?"

It's like, "Yeah, but I'm travelling internationally in a week, and I suspect I might have jet lag. Not that that should matter, because my refill bottle isn't outdated and should be valid."

"Well, we have to check it out. Ambien is a controlled substance and we need to make sure your doctor approves."

"Um, all you should need is my valid, unexpired refill bottle."

"Yes, we agree you gave us such a bottle. But we just need to do our due diligence."

"So you're going to harass my doctor, who doesn't deserve to be bothered over this, because you don't want to admit you screwed up my prescription?" I asked.

"We didn't make a mistake. We just need to do our due diligence and make sure your doctor approves this."

"Then why didn't you let me know instead of filling this 5 mg refill on file?"

"It was on file, because it's the dosage you've been taking for the past two months."

"Yes, but I didn't request a refill of 5 mg," I insisted.

This left off with them promising to call and badger my poor doctor the next morning, after which they'd call my dad's landline (I don't use a cell phone) first thing and let him know what my doctor said.

Two days passed, and I finally sent my dad down to the pharmacy to see what was going on. (There had been no promised phone call.) When my dad was there, they finally picked up the phone and called my doctor. I guess prior to that, they were hoping the problem would magically disappear. Then my dad brought home the original prescription I'd requested of 10 mg.

And now, my dad wants to know why I'm still mad. "They filled the prescription!"

"Yeah, after you went down there two days later and made them do what they promised to do!" I swore.

So, being about as angry as possible, I'm giving them a 1-star review.

reneeg67
8/11/18

I like shopping here but there isn't one in convenient distance from me. But I usually stop by when I am close to one.

js460
8/7/18

I get my prescriptions and basics here. I also used to work in a CVS store, and it was a fair experience. It's a little annoying that the pharmacy calls about refills, especially because I always call when I need something. I also said no to wanting to order prescriptions through the text message service, so would expect them to have thiat information. I would rather not have it than be bothered about it with a call.

hollys156
7/16/18

The service is wonderful! Whenever I need to refill a prescription, they are so polite and give me a small wait time. During that wait I'm able to shop around and even get a little help whenever I'm unable to get something. This is one of my favorite places to go!

jeanh152
7/5/18

I will no longer shop at CVS, but I'm writing this to alert others to an experience I've had numerous times. I receive frequent emails from CVS offering discounts for online orders. Not once though, have I been successful at actually receiving the discounts. The last straw took place today when I received an email offering 30% off of selections in the entire online store (exceptions which were noted in the "details" section.) Even though I carefully read the 'details' and was certain that I had selected eligible items, no discount was applied. I tried to call CVS, but after 'holding' way too long, finally gave up and hung up. This is false advertising and I intend to file a complaint with Connecticut's Consumer Protection Bureau.

barbaral269
6/17/18

AND NO ONE!! IN MY LOCAL STORE GIVES A CRAP!!! IF YOU NEED HELP!! I PLACED AN ENTIRE ORDER ONLINE...THINKING I COULD DO IT FROM THERE..WAS TOLD HAVE TO DO IT FROM APP...RE DO THE ENTIRE ORDER!!! ALL OF A SUDDEN PRICES ARE DIFFERENT!! COUPONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AND NOT ONE!!!! STINKING PROMO CODE - ALL WHICH STATE THEY ARE NOT EXPRED WORKS!! AND THE "FOOL" THAT GOT ON THE PHONE IN WALLINGFORD, CVS COULD GIVE A CRAP LESS ABOUT HELPING ME!!! HOURS....WASTED

laurenb105
6/14/18

After making my first online purchases from CVS, the product I bought kept popping up on Yahoo and Fox and other websites. It is called targeted ads.
I sent CVS an email and told them I do not want my personal sales shared and that this is a deal buster. One has to be able to opt out. Some of this is PRIVATE.
No answer. Been a week. No more purchases will be made from cvs.com

maureenf27
4/30/18

I'V BEEN CALLING THE COURTHOUSE CVS IN ARLINGTON VA ALL DAY AND HAVE BEEN KEPT ON HOLD FOR EASILY 10MINS AT A TIME. NO WAY TO LEAVE A MSG TO CALL BACK EITHER. AFTER CALLING ALL MORNING AND AFTERNOON, I FINALLY JUST CALLED THE STORE AND ASKED TO SPK TO A MANAGER. I TOLD HER ABOUT MY ISSUE, AND SHE SAID "ALL I CAN DO IS TO TRANSFER YOU UP TO THE PHARMACY"!!! TALK ABOUT NOT CARING ABOUT YR CUSTOMERS!! I HAVE EVERY INTENTION OF SWITCHING TO WALGREENS. I WOULD HOPE THAT THEY WOULD TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS IN A BETTER MANNER!!!

maryg385
4/23/18

From out of town with no cvs card so ALL my purchases were not on sale! They could not oblige me by swiping a card so I could get sale prices......they wanted me to fill out info for a card, and only one check out with long line! Sure, I will do that and piss off all the people in line and in hurry to get home! Every singe store that I have gone to in my travels always swipes a card to give me the sale prices, but not CVS!!! So I will avoid CVS at all costs!

adar43
3/25/18

CVS at 9 Nelson St. Leominster, MA 01453. Went at 7:50 am. Nicolette greeted every person that came in and asked if I need help looking for something. She kept busy, once I needed her she helped right away. The check out went fast and smoothly. She was very polity. Thanks!!!

123 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, you should do such!!!

By Paul Y.

I have changed too

By Nina R.

Can't wait for Amazon to get into pharmacy goods. CVS customers will flock to their service!

By alan P.

I agree they have very poor service. I had left the dr office and went by my home and waited an hour. I called the CVS pharmacy to see if my prescription would be ready. I was placed on hold and said I would be answered in the order the call was received. I decided I would drive over and keep my phone on. When I arrived all the pharmacy staff was working but no one was on the phone. I was on hold for 25 minutes. I still had to wait 30 more minutes for my prescription. The average wait time at this pharmacy is at least two hours. I recently had surgery and my husband had to wait 3 hour for my pain medicine and the hospital had called it in an hour before he arrived.

By Nina R.

Questions? Get answers from the CVS staff and other customers.

CVS?