Review of CVS

Tel: 1465487365
ckcramer@cvs.com
2017 Customer choice award

Legitimate

CVS has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

reneeg67
8/11/18

I like shopping here but there isn't one in convenient distance from me. But I usually stop by when I am close to one.

js460
8/7/18

I get my prescriptions and basics here. I also used to work in a CVS store, and it was a fair experience. It's a little annoying that the pharmacy calls about refills, especially because I always call when I need something. I also said no to wanting to order prescriptions through the text message service, so would expect them to have thiat information. I would rather not have it than be bothered about it with a call.

hollys156
7/16/18

The service is wonderful! Whenever I need to refill a prescription, they are so polite and give me a small wait time. During that wait I'm able to shop around and even get a little help whenever I'm unable to get something. This is one of my favorite places to go!

jeanh152
7/5/18

I will no longer shop at CVS, but I'm writing this to alert others to an experience I've had numerous times. I receive frequent emails from CVS offering discounts for online orders. Not once though, have I been successful at actually receiving the discounts. The last straw took place today when I received an email offering 30% off of selections in the entire online store (exceptions which were noted in the "details" section.) Even though I carefully read the 'details' and was certain that I had selected eligible items, no discount was applied. I tried to call CVS, but after 'holding' way too long, finally gave up and hung up. This is false advertising and I intend to file a complaint with Connecticut's Consumer Protection Bureau.

barbaral269
6/17/18

AND NO ONE!! IN MY LOCAL STORE GIVES A CRAP!!! IF YOU NEED HELP!! I PLACED AN ENTIRE ORDER ONLINE...THINKING I COULD DO IT FROM THERE..WAS TOLD HAVE TO DO IT FROM APP...RE DO THE ENTIRE ORDER!!! ALL OF A SUDDEN PRICES ARE DIFFERENT!! COUPONS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AND NOT ONE!!!! STINKING PROMO CODE - ALL WHICH STATE THEY ARE NOT EXPRED WORKS!! AND THE "FOOL" THAT GOT ON THE PHONE IN WALLINGFORD, CVS COULD GIVE A CRAP LESS ABOUT HELPING ME!!! HOURS....WASTED

laurenb105
6/14/18

After making my first online purchases from CVS, the product I bought kept popping up on Yahoo and Fox and other websites. It is called targeted ads.
I sent CVS an email and told them I do not want my personal sales shared and that this is a deal buster. One has to be able to opt out. Some of this is PRIVATE.
No answer. Been a week. No more purchases will be made from cvs.com

maureenf27
4/30/18

I'V BEEN CALLING THE COURTHOUSE CVS IN ARLINGTON VA ALL DAY AND HAVE BEEN KEPT ON HOLD FOR EASILY 10MINS AT A TIME. NO WAY TO LEAVE A MSG TO CALL BACK EITHER. AFTER CALLING ALL MORNING AND AFTERNOON, I FINALLY JUST CALLED THE STORE AND ASKED TO SPK TO A MANAGER. I TOLD HER ABOUT MY ISSUE, AND SHE SAID "ALL I CAN DO IS TO TRANSFER YOU UP TO THE PHARMACY"!!! TALK ABOUT NOT CARING ABOUT YR CUSTOMERS!! I HAVE EVERY INTENTION OF SWITCHING TO WALGREENS. I WOULD HOPE THAT THEY WOULD TREAT THEIR CUSTOMERS IN A BETTER MANNER!!!

maryg385
4/23/18

From out of town with no cvs card so ALL my purchases were not on sale! They could not oblige me by swiping a card so I could get sale prices......they wanted me to fill out info for a card, and only one check out with long line! Sure, I will do that and piss off all the people in line and in hurry to get home! Every singe store that I have gone to in my travels always swipes a card to give me the sale prices, but not CVS!!! So I will avoid CVS at all costs!

adar43
3/25/18

CVS at 9 Nelson St. Leominster, MA 01453. Went at 7:50 am. Nicolette greeted every person that came in and asked if I need help looking for something. She kept busy, once I needed her she helped right away. The check out went fast and smoothly. She was very polity. Thanks!!!

judahe
2/17/18

I purchased a prescription at CVS for my pet and a month supply was $119. When I got home I checked and the same prescription was $12 at Costco. I tried to return the pills to CVS and they refused to accept the return even though there was nothing on the receipt regarding no returns. I will dispute this charge with my credit card company. Way overpriced! Filled the prescription at Costco the next day.

jennyl112
2/5/18

I have moved around a few times and each CVS was horrible and slow.... Just gave up and went to walgreens.

jenniferd250
1/19/18

Horrible. Waited 20 minutes for an order they said they did not have after they texted me it was ready. Then the cashier was sooo rude about it. Also false advertise merchandise prices on their website. Be very careful

denisel83
1/12/18

recently on vacation CVS provided for our random list of needs. Over the counter meds, paper goods, and sweets for the road trip!

debrab126
1/8/18

My husband and I have been long standing customers of CVS. Spending hundreds on prescriptions and other products for years. CVS has always taken my coupons even if they were expired but now after spending over $150.00 at the Colchester Ct. branch in miscellaneous items the rude branch manager I requested to speak with refused my 3 coupons with one of them that had just expired on the 3rd. I explained to her that I spend hundreds on perscriptions which I will now no longer use CVS but that did not sway her in any way!! Shame on you CVS!!!!

tracyb136
12/18/17

I received an email offering 30% off any full-priced item and free shipping for an online order. I was close to meeting my Extra Care rewards so I got online and ordered a common beauty product, LOreal Age Perfect Cell Renewal. The cost was 25.99 and so I would have received $7.73 off and free shipping. There was no problem checking out, no notice of being out of stock, but a little while later, I received an email stating they could not fulfill my order and no reason given. I called customer support and was on the phone for 45 minutes and put on hold several times. They could give me no reason as to why my order could not be filled. When I was told they were going to contact their receiving/shipping dept. and I would hear back for them, I politely requested a rain check. After being put on hold one more time, Chris, the customer service representative came back and offered me $10 off my next order - this did not include free shipping. This was not an equivalent amount of my order. After some questioning about it, I found out I would have to call customer service to place my order if I wanted to receive the $10 off my next order. Chris apologized for forgetting to mention this, ahem, little fact.I believe this is very bad business. You all can make your own judgements about their business practices - but to me they seem a little on the shady side.

annr39
12/5/17

This morning, we stopped by the Ruckersville, Va.; CVS to create our 2017 Christmas photo card. The machine is a bit intimidating, but photo expert KATIE helped us every step of the way, even straightening out our crooked photo! Katie couldn't have been nicer, making our visit fun. She assembled the envelopes, made sure the cards printed quickly using 1-Hour Photo (50 cards in 20 minutes), and she even brought us the finished cards, all boxed up, while we shopped elsewhere in the store. We gave her a big hug and nominate Katie as Ruckersville, Va., CVS Queen for the Day! And we know right where we will go to create our future Christmas photo cards. Thank you so much - Annie and Mack Rowe, Madison, Va.

Tip for consumers: It's easier than you think to create a personalized Christmas photo card, especially when you are assisted by Katie!

wendyk39
11/25/17

Recently purchased a hair color kit, not on sale, not a BOGO but the coupon didn't work. Long line, didn't want to ask for the manager. This has happened repeatedly to me. Not sure what that problem is CVS. No email address for me to complain to. You want me to call your 800 # or write a letter. Not happening. I get 5% off EVERYTHING at Target. Looks like I'll be shopping there from now on.

janicem94
11/14/17

I learned a lot after checking this site out. It is amazing to read about all the products in this site.

barbarag119
10/21/17

I tried ordering from cvs.com to use a discount, and one of five items was missing. I had to wait til the next day to call customer service because they are only available til 10 p.m. CST on weekdays, and then it took a trip through the voicemail menu to get a rep, who put me on hold for several minutes while she filled out some form. She was very pleasant, but said it would be 3 to 5 business days for a replacement. No offer to do anything to make up for the inconvenience. Simply unacceptable. Will not order from them again.

pauly51
10/4/17

sometimes CVS has a sale that I take advantage up
the store is usually clean and clutter free and the employees seem to know their business..

johni250
8/10/17

Hello, had to unlike the page. Usually you guys are great, but what happened? Pittsfield, MA West St 01201 store no longer carries postage stamps in the Rx dept. in the back of the store? What gives? So, a customer has to pay for his prescriptions, a few over the counter items then go to the FRONT of the store to buy postage stamps? Every time a debit card is used it's an extra .50 per transaction. You used to have postage stamps in the back so customers can buy them with their prescriptions. Why was this stopped and the snooty answer for some girl working the register in the back?

zeidaj
7/22/17

CVS.com is getting better. They are offering free shipping often coupled with coupons. I just think their online site needs to be structured better, as products are often scattered in different catagories that make them very difficult to find. Service is good but representatives often are not as customer Oriented as I think they should be. As a huge company I would want to retain loyal customers if it's between losing them over a 20% discount code not being applied. All in all, I think CVS is pretty good and getting better.

beckyp32
7/16/17

I have a an Amazon prime account which I've had for a year. The other day I bought I bought an Amazon gift card at the CVS on Valley View and Lincoln in Buena Park CA for 60 dollars. When I tried to use it, it said it had no money on it. I called Amazon customer service and they said CVS was responsible for it. Do not buy Amazon gift cards from here! If you'd like more information you can email me about it at queenbess1533@aol.com

kennethp34
7/8/17

cvs pharmacy in New Lexington, Oh lied to me several times that my prescription was ready when it wasn't drove about 50 miles round trip to pick it up when they said it would be ready and they knew it wouldn't be until Mon this is Sat

karinac21
6/30/17

i needed to buy a pre-paid card. the cashier told me to buy a card that was different than i one i already had. i asked her if the card worker for what i wanted, which was to buy games online. she asked another cashier and she said that it was better. when i arrived at my house, the card didn't work. one hour later, i returned to the store and i was told "sorry, gift cards cant be exchanged." which i was never told while paying.

123 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Yes, you should do such!!!

By Paul Y.

I have changed too

By Nina R.

I agree they have very poor service. I had left the dr office and went by my home and waited an hour. I called the CVS pharmacy to see if my prescription would be ready. I was placed on hold and said I would be answered in the order the call was received. I decided I would drive over and keep my phone on. When I arrived all the pharmacy staff was working but no one was on the phone. I was on hold for 25 minutes. I still had to wait 30 more minutes for my prescription. The average wait time at this pharmacy is at least two hours. I recently had surgery and my husband had to wait 3 hour for my pain medicine and the hospital had called it in an hour before he arrived.

By Nina R.

Questions? Get answers from the CVS staff and other customers.

CVS?