Review of Walgreens

Tel: +1 877-250-5823
jim.cohn@walgreens.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Walgreens has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

minam21
12/30/18

Needed certain beauty stuff but the usual place I buy it from was out of stock. Went to Walgreens online since we don't have one and ordered what I needed right away. Took 2 days and I got my stuff. Now that's fast! Need better promo codes though. I usually use honey and it couldn't find a promo code to save me some money. I'll definitely order from them again if I have to. :)

yangboh
12/5/18

Walgreen used to be my favorite drug store before they changed their points system. They have good phone customer service. I won't say 100% is good, but 90% is always awesome. I am happy with that.

The only thing I don't like is they changed their points system. Hope they will change it back.

rosel136
11/7/18

Worst customer service experience. Went to 255 36th St, South Ogden, UT 84405 to buy SALE items , the Manager/Cashier on duty 11/05/2018 around 8pm said" We only allow 6 Sale items".I asked why my friend who went here yesterday never had a problem? The store policy been changed for just overnight?. She said " No that's store policy ever since. Never been changed" Really? I've been customer for Walgreens over 4 years and never had problems checking out. And she answered, "I've been working here over 7 years and that's the policy"..."What you gonna do with all of these stuffs anyway?" What in the world you going to ask that to customers? I have my purchased history and... before I finish she interrupts me and said "nope we can't do it" I said if we are going to eat it, donate or throw it afterwards is NONE of your BUSINESS!!! And she said " Enjoy eating". I will go back to the store to get her name and with my printed purchases.

ericac80
10/10/18

I always use Walgreens as my pharmacy, because they're usually fairly nice people and it doesn't usually take too long to fill a prescription. I have stopped in there to grab one or two things on the shelf, but I think the prices are a little higher than going to another store. It is nice you can find these pharmacies in some bigger cities, because I had a hard time finding anything of the sort in certain major cities' downtown areas.

clarar37
9/26/18

We have only one in town and they always have the best sales. Great drugstore makeup prices and i like their deli..at least we have one at ours

earlc37
8/29/18

I have MS and am not always able to rum to pick up things I need for myself. Walgreen's on line pharmacies have always kept up with my medical needs. Some of my meds need to be handled with special care and they always go far and beyond to make sure my meds not only get to me on time but in the best of shape. Always feel safe dealing with Walgreenpharmacy.com

henrys146
8/8/18

I drop it off and within 15 -20 minutes it's filled! The other thing that I like is they don't pester you! They ask if you're finding everything and tell you they are here if you need anything!

danielk269
8/1/18

You may notice that Walgreens is always on the corner- in fact, a lot of major corners in every large to small metropolitan area- and often within eyeball distance to their main competitor- CVS.

Convenience is my only motivation to shop there, as I am often willing to forego discount prices elsewhere for the convenience of being able to drive only a few blocks to get what I need or want.

Walgreens drive-through pharmacy is also convenient, and better for me than having to walk-in just for a prescription, after having dental surgery and still bleeding or slobbering all over myself in public.

sharonr248
8/1/18

My daughter and I decided to go to Walgreens yesterday immediately upon walking in the door, the clerk stopped waiting on another customer and yelled over to us that my daughter needed to hand over her purse to the clerk (which was a small backpack). The customer she was waiting on looked at us....and I felt completely embarrassed and confused. I asked why and the clerk cited it was store policy. Despite the numerous times I have been in that store and an associate magically appears in the same aisle as I have... I continued to return and have spent a lot of money in this store..However, yesterday, for me was the last straw...I have allowed their employees to stalk me when I make a candy run over and over again...but randomly asking for my daughter's purse when she walked in the store with me was the final act. I will never return to Walgreens again.

heatherl174
7/30/18

The have a vast variety of goods, and their prices aren't to badly priced. The also have a clean well organized store.

allenw53
7/24/18

Observing operation at Walgreens pharmacy located at 78th and State Avenue in Kansas City, Kansas was a wonder to behold. It is a modern drug dispensing facility with computer oversight, featuring a drive through, two service lines, an information window and a huge alphabetical prescription holding rack containing drugs for A to Z recipients, ready to dispense.

The first time I was there to have a prescription filled, the two service lines were six and seven persons deep and the drive through window processed a steady line of prescription orders. (Eat your heart out McDonalds!) From what I could see there were a half dozen or so pharmacy techs of various nationalities scurrying about keeping the drive through window supplied and placing orders in the holding rack. It was by far the most intensive activity in the entire store and undoubtedly responsible for Walgreens 2016 billion dollar profits. It is for all practical purposes a highly successful retail network pharmacy. But what about real healthcare?

Only one pharmacist oversaw this circus of activity that I could detect with who knows how many unseen individuals behind the scene hastily filling little plastic pill bottles with various medicines. It was Obamacares assembly line medicine in full operation, a boon to the fortunate few who hold exclusive distribution status.: The Obama administration decided to make a deal with the PhRMA to get them to support the legislation, he told Morning Consult. PhRMA got a number of favorable provisions in the legislation.

As you might expect, in any quasi chaotic operation born of special interest deals, things were bound to go wrong. In the multicultural - multinational drug market, the mission statement is more important than the reality of care. Walgreens president, Greg Wasson claims: One of the most unifying forces behind Walgreens 113 years of success is our purpose: to help people get, stay and live well.

Really? But shouldnt that process commence by ensuring that patients obtain ALL their prescribed medicines and not someone elses? After arriving at Walgreens about a month ago, I had requested my prescription records be transferred to Walgreens from CVS. You ARENT ALLOWED to retrieve your own prescription from a pharmacy under Obamacare; it has to be requested by ANOTHER PHARMACY.

On March 27th, I went to get my 2nd prescription filled that clearly indicated there were two remaining refills on the bottle. However, I was told at the counter that they had NO prescription records for that medication. I informed them you should have the records as I had requested them to be transferred from CVS the last time I was at Walgreens. But I had to request the transfer of my 2nd prescription a second time and indicated that I would return on Wednesday of that week to pick it up.

When I arrived at the counter on Wednesday a multicultural tech informed me that my pain killing medication was ready. I didnt have a pain killing medication, I replied. Oh, then your Prednisone prescription is ready, the tech said. I dont have a Prednisone prescription either; I wouldnt take that stuff I replied. Makes you wonder if diabetic customers are getting the correct medication and dosages, hmmm? Nothing quite like being knowledgeable about whom youre serving.

But regarding my 2nd prescription they said: CVS didnt send that prescription to us because you have no refills remaining. But that wasnt true as the prescription vial I handed Walgreens clearly displayed TWO refills and it had not yet reached the 12-month expiration limit.

The pharmacy didnt seem to care about the administrative foul-up and refused to honor my request for a few emergency pills to hold me over until I could get the doctor to write a new prescription because as their pharmacist told me .. it wasnt legal. KMART did this regularly. So was it legal to push off narcotic pain killers and prednisone on me because they mistook my identity? It doesnt invoke much confidence on my part in their professional capabilities. Instead they had my third prescription ready (which I didnt need) and tried to get me to take that in lieu of what I requested. The service there feels like 'Give me the money.,.shutup...get out! Starting to get the picture, yet?

Discussion with the pharmacist led to an agreement for Walgreens to contact my doctor and their automated system would then call me when my 2nd prescription was filled. But, there was no call from Walgreens automated system and I had to call it myself (and my doctor) to find out that my prescription was ready to pick up nearly a week later. It doesnt matter what you arrange with Walgreens, you will only get what they decide you can have. Is it just me? Well, read some of the 1220 Walgreen complaints and decide for yourself. (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/rx/walgreen.html)

CVS and Walgreens are battling it out to control the market for prescription drugs so customer care is way down the line. Patient care comes in number four right behind legal liabilities, HHS directives and company policy. Emphasis is on pushing the distribution sales of prescription drugs to the dehumanizing level, everything else is secondary.

I arrived at Walgreens on April 3rd to pick up the 2nd prescription, the pharmacist waited on me directly. I informed him that Walgreens automated system didnt call me and that I had to call it instead. He did the usual security check with my birth date and then asked me to type in the last four digits of my telephone number which the system didnt take. This suggests that I quite possibly could have left Walgreens with narcotics never prescribed for me because of their malfunctioning system. He continued to try to get the system to accept my phone number and I finally had to tell the Pharmacist to ring up my charges as he wasnt responsible for the malfunction. It was the people who installed it. They could play with their computer later; I just wanted to complete my business and leave.

My first hint that Walgreens was more a greed driven enterprise than a healthcare outlet occurred when I was forced into their system from the collapse of KMARTs pharmacy. And mind you, not that KMART provided inferior products or service but it simply wasnt as good as Walgreens in marketing their slice of the Obamacare drug cartel. KMARTs final pharmacy closure sent my prescription records to CVS, the bottom of the birdcage in prescription medicine.

The reader is well advised to seek other drug store providers if at all possible.

ceceliae1
5/26/18

Great products...Quality customer care...Excellent return policy! Open twenty four hours three hundred sixty five days/

sueh120
5/11/18

Nice to look up ad then download coupons from site to card! They dont put the ad in the newspaper anymore, so it has become necessary to navigate the site!

dorism3
5/1/18

Dealing with this company is horrible! They use a 4th rate delivery service that left my package out on the street in front of my building, rather than bringing it to my apartment--or even into the lobby! There is NO excuse for this! And I have fingers crossed that the bottles of detergent I ordered have not broken or leaked because, from past experience with this company, their "solution" is to "bring the soaking wet box and broken bottles to the local store"
If I wanted to go the the store I could have gone and bought the stuff in the first place!
Avoid ordering from Walgreens unless no other company on earth sells what you need.

johnv268
4/23/18

My mailoder pharmacy united with Walgreens a year ago and i have had one problem or another almost every month since.

They lose track of refills. They duplicate orders. They put orders on hold with no explanation or way tofix it. They ran out of something Ive gotten for years with no trouble and cant tell me more.

Their customer service gives wrong info. They confuse store orders with online. They tell me they cant help me or that I have to call by phone if Im online.

I struggle to think of what they could do worse except sending wrong thing which fortunately so far they havent.

suzannei5
3/11/18

I am using walgreens for a long time, i never faced any issue with the product quality or price. A Genuine store !

terryw112
1/23/18

I don't know if Walgreens is individually owned or corporate but the one I go to is always very clean with professional and friendly staff. Their pharmacy is knowledgeable.

Their products are on the bit of expensive side, but if you are a member, there are great discounts of many items that makes it comparable to your local supermarket.

aliceg58
1/17/18

The 3 different Walgreens in my area all have excellent service. I'm always greeted when I walk in and always asked if I need help looking for anything and if they do not have it, they will check their system for the closest Walgreens that does. I've never had a bad experience there and it is so much faster than larger shopping areas. Walgreens in Allen, TX are employed with great people who genuinely care about their customers.

Tip for consumers: If you had a bad experience, I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean they are all that way. Trust me

douglasm99
1/4/18

Walgreens mail service received my refill order for six meds on dec. 5. They claim they filled the order on December. 6 for delivery by dec. 13.on December.27 I called and told them I had run out of meds and the rep said they would overnite deliver. First lie. Three days pass with no meds. I call again on December. 29 and rep in effect claims they never promised overnite delivery and they would call me back in four days. Second and third lies. No call on Tuesday so I call them on Wednesday and they claim they can't fill prescription on my plan since the meds were so recently filled. I explain that I called delivery service and they say I didn't get delivery because Walgreens never placed the meds with them. Walgreens however keeps looking at their computer and seeing a pending note. I explain to them that if they would call their delivery service they would find prescriptions never reached their hands. So, they call my Dr. and get half of my prescriptions reordered and call me telling me my insurer won't cover cost since per their records I just had these meds refilled on December 5. Apparently Walgreens wants to treat an order for vital meds as having been delivered since they are too lazy to call the delivery company and too cheap to send the medications and to sort out where they screwed up in the first place. I am meanwhile at risk of heart and stroke problems and am suffering, insomnia, headaches and nausea while they continue their grossly negligent inaction and continue to lie.

todda5
11/23/17

As a professional photographer, all of my photo prints and enlargements are done at Walgreens. They have top-of-the-line equipment that is constantly updated.

alezav
11/16/17

You can get everything done on their app photos prescriptions even go shopping and get it shipped to your home. I use the app mainly to earn rewards and save coupon and reward offers on my account. Idk why no one else is doing this people want to save money but not every one can cut coupons twice a week then organize them to later spent hours trying to find everything correctly to get to check out and find them all wait for a manager to apply one no one's sure about get no rewards or points just hassle and shame. Thank you Walgreens for realizing how this should be done.

kristens51
10/23/17

Walgreens.com is an easy to navigate site. Lots of products not available in store. I like that when you order online you still get points as you would in store. I've never dealt with the pharmacy online so I can't speak in that service. But I love the selection of products. Excellent beauty section!

seanc99
10/5/17

I had four (4) rain checks for Bumble Bee Salmon, a quantity of four (4) @ 2cans/$5. The calculation for each rain check is eight (8) cans for twenty (20) dollars. 4x2cans=8; 4x$5=$20. Simple algebra right? The first time I went to 'cash in' one (1) of the rain checks, the Assistant Store Manager (I THINK his name is Ibrahim) rudely, obnoxiously, and disrespectfully denied to honor the rain check by telling me, "yes, I understand the math, but you are only getting four (4) cans. I bought the four (4) cans. Of course, I filed a complaint online about the incident. I then received a phone call from the Store Manager, Mr. Momon, August 9, 2017, 8:24 pm. He and I discussed the incident. He was very professional and accommodating. He assured me that an incident like that would never happen again, that he spoke to his store clerks, and they were informed to honor the remainder of my rain checks. To this date, I still have all three (3) rain checks. I have been back to the Walgreens Store located at 361 Bergen Street, Newark, NJ 07103, on at least eight (8) occasions to 'cash in' the remainder of my rain checks, and on every occasion, the cashier, or manager in the store at the time did not understand the 'simple math' of calculation regarding the rain check; thus, they refused to honor my rain check. I think it was a pre-meditated plan set-up by the assistant store manager; undermining, Store Manager, Momon, instructing the cashiers of the day to not honor my rain checks. All of the cashiers at the Walgreens at 361 Bergen Street, Newark, NJ 07103, and lower level managers, need to be fired. I was about to file a law suit for not honoring my rain checks. I still might. I am giving that Walgreens another chance. I called one of the higher offices last night and filed another complaint with the Deena, 07332457, 10.4.17, 4:57 pm. Deena told me that she will forward my complaint the Regional Manager, Mr. Patel, who is responsible for all the Walgreens in that regional area in New Jersey to follow up. I was told that it may take up to three (3) business days for a response. I await his call. The customer service and math skill to understand a simple rain check at the Walgreens at 361 Bergen Street, Newark, NJ 07103 from the cashiers, and lower level managers is the "WORSTEST", OF THE WORST. If ever in Newark, NJ please DO NOT go to that Walgreens. There is a Walgreens in Irvington on Springfield Avenue. FREAKING UNBELIEVABLE!

pauly51
10/4/17

My wife and I have done business with Walgreen for a long time and we always go back for our prescription and non prescription needs
The Walgreen employees always treat the customer with the respect we should be getting from a retail store.
In the age of the big box stores~Walgreen seem to remember to treat the customer right
This endorsement comes free from my wife and I as we are not getting$$$ for endorsing Walgreen Drug Stores

michaelg370
8/25/17

I used to get my prescriptions filled with Prime Therapeutics mail service, until they recently transferred that function to Walgreens Mail Service. Since 8/15, I have made a ridiculous number of attempts to get a prescription filled and it is still not in process. It would seem the only possible solution would be to have my doctor transfer my prescription to a brick & mortar location. Only this time it will be CVS and not Walgreens!

166 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Do not use, please beware, I have used this company and completely damaged my left eye after countless split fake lenses! Been to Optitions today to confirm I have deep scratches all over my eye and dry eye, now have drops and ointment and can not even consider wearing lenses! The contact lens specialist wouldn't even allow me to have my lens test after having sight test!!! Your eyes are precious do not try to cut costs, go to an Optician!

By Nikki B.

Questions? Get answers from the Walgreens staff and other customers.

Walgreens?