Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

ericr287
4/20/19

Have used it for years but one problem. If the med is not in stock, the price may go up $5 to $200 by the time it gets in. A pop up on the web site says "apply the coupon ahead of time" and shows the coupon price next to it, but you can't apply the coupon until it arrives and the price may vary a huge amount. Good Rx runs and changes the coupon price constantly. I have refused meds twice at the counter when I saw the new price-----way higher. If your pharma does not stock your med, shop around to find one that does, or be prepared for sticker shock.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - that's not exactly right. If the manufacturer of the drug switches, the price may change. This doesn't happen often, but once in a while it will - it's up the pharmacy. We track prices and information constantly and provide the best price and coupon we can find, but there will obviously be times when a pharmacy stocks multiple products or switches when we don't know - they don't tell us. So yes, the best advice is to call around - and always let us know so that we can work to find you a better coupon for that product!
mikec822
4/19/19

Good RX advertised my inhaler (Proair) at $22.87 at Walgreens. I got there and the pharmacist told me it was $76. That is MORE than my insurance, plus advertised at $22.87. What a crock of $#*!. False advertising, fraudulent. DO NOT USE, complete waste of time.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We can fix this situation for you. Please call us at (888) 799-2553 for assistance.
jamess1691
4/16/19

ADVIR HFS IS 423.00 AT WALMART GOODRX STATES ITS ONLY 123.00 AT WALMART THE ACTUAL COSTS AT WALMART IF 418.00 BEACUSE NO ONE GUARANTEES GOODRX PRICES GOODRX IS A LYING SACK OF GOOSE CRAP!!

jamess1690
4/16/19

The discount prices that are shown are NOT anywhere close to what the pharmacy will allow. One drug ADVIR was 423.00 & goodrx says it was 135.00 the actual price was 418.00 what a RIPOFF & A LYING GOOD RX THEY SHOULD CHANGE THEIR NAME TOO GOOD & RAW WITHOUT VASOLINE!! THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - Advair is around $135; if the pharmacist charged you more, they made a mistake and we can fix this situation for you. Please call us at (888) 799-2553 for assistance.
judys401
4/15/19

My $200. a month medicine is less than $75 for 3 months. Another one is also far cheaper than with insurance.

nancyp329
4/11/19

I work for the prescriber and was sceptical. Prices have gone up and even staff pays $120 or so. I used the coupon at CVS and paid only $61.46. I am thrilled with this, and will relay to ALL of our patients.

amberm198
4/3/19

GoodRx coupon are "suggested pricing" based on "national averages" even though you enter your zip code. I have used coupons from GoodRx three times. It worked 2 out of 3 times. The third time was for a controlled medication. The pharmacy's price with the coupon was $30 more than the coupon price. After speaking with the pharmacy, I called GoodRx. They called the pharmacy. When GoodRx called me back, they said the pharmacy uses a Pharmaceutical manufacturer for my drug that costs more. They will not fix their site or app to reflect the real price for my pharmacy, because they use national averages instead of real prices. They said the only thing I can do is have my doctor submit my prescription to each pharmacy I want to try (that's a lot to ask a doctor,) so the pharmacies can run through their coupons to see what the prices come up as. There is no way to know ahead of time and they won't do it with a prescription. If I want to call GoodRx to call each pharmacy my doctor has submitted to, that's an option too. It's just as cumbersome though. I just don't understand the point of this service if the prices they show aren't reliable. They won't be getting any transaction fees from my prescriptions anymore. The price in the photo still says $173 when it's actually $204 at that store.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for your feedback. We can help. please call us at (888) 799-2553 with your issue. Our prices are very accurate and we work closely with pharmacies.
davidp1159
3/30/19

Tried to us a GoodRx coupon at my CVS. The pharmacist told me it's a scam, they do not honor GoodRx coupons and consider GoodRx to be false advertising. Stay away .

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hm. That’s just not true. We work very closely with CVS and talk to their leadership almost weekly. please call us at (888) 799-2553 with your issue and we'll do our best to help.
dawnf98
3/25/19

I have never had to use Good RX but I am checking this out. I see people who have used this and everything has gone well for months/yrs. Then the minute something goes wrong it is all negative. Nothing in this world always goes perfect. I see so many good reviews from all of your customers. People do not realize when negative things happen it all has to do with insurance/pharmacy/store and their rules and regulations also. RX does not own the patent on this. It is like a medication that can save your life coming out. It is tried for up to 5 yrs on people with as many side effects as possible stated not only during advertising but on brochures given out. People have them in black and white what can or may happen but will grab at this drug as a lifeline. The minute something happens and someone starts suing someone over a side effect many jump on board. It makes no difference that it has stated the possible side effects. You took it upon yourself do talk with your Doctor and decide to use this knowing what maybe could happen. As a Nurse I see this all the time....I am sure many people are very thankful you exist. I see many who have had good experience . Many need all the help they can get!....

juanh78
3/20/19

I am between jobs and don't have insurance. I have a montly prescription for Armodafinil 30@150mg. With my prior insurance it was $20 bucks.

Without insurance the cost was going to be OVER $500!!!

I went to that giant discount store with the smiley faces and presented a coupon code I got from GoodRx. Out the door I paid $50!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GOODRX!!!!!!! They are the real deal!!

chickies
3/19/19

So far everything I've gotten a coupon for has been ignored. Walmart refuses to adhere to the prices on the coupon. Instead they refer to the clause that gives them an out on the coupon. This is a waste of time...........

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
please call us at (888) 799-2553 with your issue and we'll do our best to help.
jacquelineh319
3/13/19

Thank you so much for savings I'm 72 on a tight budget and this site has saved me hundreds of dollars even with my ins you are so much better

judithb227
2/26/19

I am a Pancreatic Cancer survivor of 13 years. I have to take a medication that my insurance does not cover. After paying $700 a month GoodRx reduces it to $250. This makes a huge difference on a retired income. Thank you GoodRx you are literally a life savor. I don't know how other than a gift from God was sent to help me. A hugh hugh difference in my quality of life. Thanks so very much for your help and I am so grateful

usern10
2/21/19

Because Olmesartan is considered "non-preferred" by my mom's insurance, she was paying $300 for a 90-day supply. With the GoodRx coupon, she only paid $26.40 for the first fill and $25.49 for the latest. I printed and presented the coupon in person for the first fill, and she just read the info over the phone for the refill. She also used a separate coupon to save $40 (almost 50%) on another.
It only took two minutes on the GoodRx site to get these savings of $588 dollars!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Yay. Happy we could help.
rl167
2/15/19

I use GoodRX because I do not have insurance sadly. Each time I order a prescription refill I have to call the Pharmacy after i submit my order online to provide the GoodRX information to my prescription so it is filled at the correct price. If you wait until you are at the pharmacy you will have to go to the line for new prescriptions so they can put that information in to the system and redo the label on your already ready prescription. Then you have to wait for about 10-15 minutes before you can go back in the regular line to pick up your prescription to check out. It is a royal PITA!!! But....it does save money for those of us without insurance it is a God send.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We hear you, and we're working hard to get more pharmacies to automatically accept information (but note that it's the same for any new form of payment you provide - a new insurance card, etc). Note that we have a new program with CVS where you can automatically have it applied...
douglass172
2/6/19

I have a card and have tried three times to compare it with my drug coverage (which usually pays no more than 40% of the cost of my prescriptions). Every time I compared GoodRX price with my insurance plan, the GoodRX prescription cost more - not a lot more, but more. I'll continue to try, but I'm not optimistic. It will probably end up to be useful only when I have a prescription where my insurance doesn't cover the drug. We'll see.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello. While GoodRx can sometimes beat insurance prices, that won't always be the case - not sure why that merits a 1-star review, but whatever.
dennisa120
1/30/19

Yesterday I tried to use a coupon at Walgreens for Pred Forte at store 10671 in Ocala Florida. The hooded coupon said that the price with the coupon was $163.99. The store said that the coupon was for $40 off the price so they charged $299.17 for the medication the pharmacy employee said that the coupon doesn't mean that the price is only $163.69 even though that's exactly what the coupon says She said that it doesn't mean I only pay that much because they only give$40 if the price with the coupon I'm attaching photos of the coupon and my receipt
I feel like I either I was scammed by Walgreens or that Goodrx is committing fraud with the coupons they issue Someone owes me $136 i am also contacting the Florida States'Attornies office regarding this fraudulent business practice.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there. Sorry for any issues you're having. Our prices are very accurate and they are used tens of thousands of times a day without issue. We'd love to make this right. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. If you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
katrinac52
1/27/19

My agent Michael was the absolute best. My pharmacy overcharged me and used the wrong coupon. I called GoodRx and got Michael, very patient, professional and understanding. He called my pharmacy and made sure the error was corrected. He then called me back (as he promised) and gave me pointers on how to prevent being overcharged. Best customer service ever, thank you Michael!!

stephanied246
1/26/19

"Wow what a life & money saver"
To the people that make goodrx should be greatrx you folks are awesome, it's fine time someone started looking out for the little guy and not making the pharmaceutical companies richer.

kamrank13
1/24/19

Today I print and send a coupon to the CVS coupon money was $38.XX. At CVS they are asking $70 plus. As per CVS they try the same coupon (which is print according to area code) price appearing $70 plus. HE (CVS) advise me to call GoodRX. I called them and GoodRX representative said in 10mins she will call to the CVS and fix the issue. These 10 min extended more 90min and upto 5 calls each time 10mins. Final give and said to CVS please charge to my insurance company. Never recommend to use GoodR X. Thanks

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for leaving a review, and I'm sorry you went through such a hassle. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. We want to make this right for you, especially since you've been such a loyal customer, so if you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
amim5
1/12/19

I had been using GoodRx until my Dr changed my medication. Even with GoodRx it was $400. So I switched to GoldRx and it went down to $130 if I use a certain pharmacy. I think the plan is around $6 so it's worth it. I have several prescriptions that my insurance refuses to cover. With GoldRx I save close to a thousand dollars a month so it's more than worth it to me.

lr146
12/31/18

Good RX saved us money. My husband and I are both are Medicare and have several medications each that we have to take. Three of them cost $62.00 each every month. We usually ended up paying $221.00 each month for our medications. We just picked up our monthly meds and was surprised (and very happy) to only have to pay $42.00 for all of them! And a few even had 90 day supply! We did have to change to a different pharmacy other than Walmart, which was fine by us as Our Walmart is a joke! I'm very happy! As others have said, the Good RX card is NOT to be combined with a Medicare program. It is instead of. I usually don't do reviews, but in this case I have to say they deserve recognition. Thank you Good rx!

martinc222
12/27/18

I have successfully used GoodRX for several years. This year my pharmacy says Goodrx has a 91 day fill limit at the pharmacy on my benazapril. The coupon indicates it is for 360 day supply, which is how I always fill my maintenance drugs.

When calling GoidRX customer service number, I get sent to "special offers" that sound exactly like the telemarketing calls we all try to avoid. You know the ones: Free $100 Walmart gift card. Special pricing on travel. I tried 4 times and never got close to anyone who resembled a human customer service representative. I will NEVER use GoodRX again. There are too many legitimate discount cards out there to put up with this garbage. I am very disappointed in GoodRX.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Martin – thanks for leaving a review, and I'm sorry you went through such a hassle. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. We want to make this right for you, especially since you've been such a loyal customer, so if you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
troyc85
12/20/18

Had trouble using goodrx coupon called customer service they called the pharmacy and took care of it in just a few mimutes. My discout was applied. Would recommend it to anybody.

annap220
12/8/18

We printed the card and used it at our nearest H-E-B. It works! We saved 50% of the cost. Great to use when in the donut hole.

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GoodRx