Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

usern10
2/21/19

Because Olmesartan is considered "non-preferred" by my mom's insurance, she was paying $300 for a 90-day supply. With the GoodRx coupon, she only paid $26.40 for the first fill and $25.49 for the latest. I printed and presented the coupon in person for the first fill, and she just read the info over the phone for the refill. She also used a separate coupon to save $40 (almost 50%) on another.
It only took two minutes on the GoodRx site to get these savings of $588 dollars!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Yay. Happy we could help.
rl167
2/15/19

I use GoodRX because I do not have insurance sadly. Each time I order a prescription refill I have to call the Pharmacy after i submit my order online to provide the GoodRX information to my prescription so it is filled at the correct price. If you wait until you are at the pharmacy you will have to go to the line for new prescriptions so they can put that information in to the system and redo the label on your already ready prescription. Then you have to wait for about 10-15 minutes before you can go back in the regular line to pick up your prescription to check out. It is a royal PITA!!! But....it does save money for those of us without insurance it is a God send.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We hear you, and we're working hard to get more pharmacies to automatically accept information (but note that it's the same for any new form of payment you provide - a new insurance card, etc). Note that we have a new program with CVS where you can automatically have it applied...
douglass172
2/6/19

I have a card and have tried three times to compare it with my drug coverage (which usually pays no more than 40% of the cost of my prescriptions). Every time I compared GoodRX price with my insurance plan, the GoodRX prescription cost more - not a lot more, but more. I'll continue to try, but I'm not optimistic. It will probably end up to be useful only when I have a prescription where my insurance doesn't cover the drug. We'll see.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello. While GoodRx can sometimes beat insurance prices, that won't always be the case - not sure why that merits a 1-star review, but whatever.
dennisa120
1/30/19

Yesterday I tried to use a coupon at Walgreens for Pred Forte at store 10671 in Ocala Florida. The hooded coupon said that the price with the coupon was $163.99. The store said that the coupon was for $40 off the price so they charged $299.17 for the medication the pharmacy employee said that the coupon doesn't mean that the price is only $163.69 even though that's exactly what the coupon says She said that it doesn't mean I only pay that much because they only give$40 if the price with the coupon I'm attaching photos of the coupon and my receipt
I feel like I either I was scammed by Walgreens or that Goodrx is committing fraud with the coupons they issue Someone owes me $136 i am also contacting the Florida States'Attornies office regarding this fraudulent business practice.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there. Sorry for any issues you're having. Our prices are very accurate and they are used tens of thousands of times a day without issue. We'd love to make this right. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. If you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
katrinac52
1/27/19

My agent Michael was the absolute best. My pharmacy overcharged me and used the wrong coupon. I called GoodRx and got Michael, very patient, professional and understanding. He called my pharmacy and made sure the error was corrected. He then called me back (as he promised) and gave me pointers on how to prevent being overcharged. Best customer service ever, thank you Michael!!

stephanied246
1/26/19

"Wow what a life & money saver"
To the people that make goodrx should be greatrx you folks are awesome, it's fine time someone started looking out for the little guy and not making the pharmaceutical companies richer.

kamrank13
1/24/19

Today I print and send a coupon to the CVS coupon money was $38.XX. At CVS they are asking $70 plus. As per CVS they try the same coupon (which is print according to area code) price appearing $70 plus. HE (CVS) advise me to call GoodRX. I called them and GoodRX representative said in 10mins she will call to the CVS and fix the issue. These 10 min extended more 90min and upto 5 calls each time 10mins. Final give and said to CVS please charge to my insurance company. Never recommend to use GoodR X. Thanks

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for leaving a review, and I'm sorry you went through such a hassle. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. We want to make this right for you, especially since you've been such a loyal customer, so if you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
amim5
1/12/19

I had been using GoodRx until my Dr changed my medication. Even with GoodRx it was $400. So I switched to GoldRx and it went down to $130 if I use a certain pharmacy. I think the plan is around $6 so it's worth it. I have several prescriptions that my insurance refuses to cover. With GoldRx I save close to a thousand dollars a month so it's more than worth it to me.

lr146
12/31/18

Good RX saved us money. My husband and I are both are Medicare and have several medications each that we have to take. Three of them cost $62.00 each every month. We usually ended up paying $221.00 each month for our medications. We just picked up our monthly meds and was surprised (and very happy) to only have to pay $42.00 for all of them! And a few even had 90 day supply! We did have to change to a different pharmacy other than Walmart, which was fine by us as Our Walmart is a joke! I'm very happy! As others have said, the Good RX card is NOT to be combined with a Medicare program. It is instead of. I usually don't do reviews, but in this case I have to say they deserve recognition. Thank you Good rx!

martinc222
12/27/18

I have successfully used GoodRX for several years. This year my pharmacy says Goodrx has a 91 day fill limit at the pharmacy on my benazapril. The coupon indicates it is for 360 day supply, which is how I always fill my maintenance drugs.

When calling GoidRX customer service number, I get sent to "special offers" that sound exactly like the telemarketing calls we all try to avoid. You know the ones: Free $100 Walmart gift card. Special pricing on travel. I tried 4 times and never got close to anyone who resembled a human customer service representative. I will NEVER use GoodRX again. There are too many legitimate discount cards out there to put up with this garbage. I am very disappointed in GoodRX.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Martin – thanks for leaving a review, and I'm sorry you went through such a hassle. Our customer support number should get you through to a GoodRx Advocate quickly during business hours (9AM-6PM CST). If you're willing to try again, please use this number: 888-799-2553. We want to make this right for you, especially since you've been such a loyal customer, so if you don't want to call, I can get someone to reach out right away if you shoot us an email (help@goodrx.com) with your name and phone number. Again, really sorry about this.
troyc85
12/20/18

Had trouble using goodrx coupon called customer service they called the pharmacy and took care of it in just a few mimutes. My discout was applied. Would recommend it to anybody.

annap220
12/8/18

We printed the card and used it at our nearest H-E-B. It works! We saved 50% of the cost. Great to use when in the donut hole.

rebeccah271
12/6/18

I was way ovwrcharged at Wal Mart on my rxs by 27.83. The pharmacy tech didn't run it through my Good RX card. As it turns out if they had I would have paid more. I spoke to a Customer Service Rep at Good RX who said that the drug prices on their site were estimates only. They don't guarantee ANY prices. So of course, their prices would be lower. You have to print out each and every coupon to get the discounted price and the coupon price is not guaranteed. But if you pay for Good RX Gold it is. Folks Good RX is Sleeping Beauty with Wal Street's Seven Drawfs. It is deceitful.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - that information is incorrect. Our prices are very accurate and we work closely with Walgreens. If we've made a mistake, we'll be happy to make it right. Please call 888-799-2553. Thanks.
nadyaa3
12/5/18

good. it so helpfull. try to improve another content. pleas be kind for every custumoers. it is really insteresting

franz2
11/29/18

Every time that I have used GoodRx at Wal-Mart, they DO NOT honor the reduced price with a song and dance that it's a different strength or some reason why I would NOT Get the GoodRx price. Wal-Mart expects you to give in to their higher price since you are already there. I instead take my prescription elsewhere (Kroger, CVS, etc) and the GoodRx reduced price is honored. Again, Wal-Mart continues to be listed with GoodRx reduce rates, but don't be surprised if it's not honored. I have used GoodRx over the past 2+ years at other listed pharmacies (except Wal-Mart of course) with huge savings.

bobs573
11/20/18

My wife takes a generic med which costs (with insurance) $300.00 for a 90 day supply from CVS. Today we refilled that prescription at the same CVS pharmacy using a GoodRx coupon and the cost was $103.00!! How great is that?!

katiec150
10/19/18

Today we had a prescription filled at WalMart. I had printed the Good RX certificate and was thrilled I did! The charge with our insurance was $26.00 and the Good RX was $3.66 for the antibiotic. A month ago I saved $3.00 over the insurance cost by using GoodRX.

We are committed to using GoodRx to check prices!

Katie C

tomf287
10/19/18

You know when you get a feeling that something is too good to be true?

That's GoodRx in a nutshell. I brought a blood pressure prescription for my elderly mother to WalMart that I had filled for her about 10 times. This time I brought in a GoodRx coupon and guess what? They don't accept them. Long story short I called GoodRx and got a song and dance TWICE when I got home.

The first time it was the old it's "up to the pharmacy or the pharmacist on duty. Call some other Walmarts by you and check their prices out with the GoodRx coupon", which actually NO pharmacy will do unless THEY have a prescription in hand because for a pharmacy to just "run" the GoodRx coupon costs them money. Like a fool I wasted my time and every one of them said new corporate policy as of August 2018, NO Walmart should accept them.

The kicker was I grew up with somebody who worked their way up at Walmart Corporate HQ in Bentonville. I called them and they said they had cut all ties to GoodRx as of 8/31/18.

I considered that to be the FINAL answer coming from Walmart Corporate but I figured what the heck, I just wasted a couple hours of my life so I ended up calling GoodRx back with the official Walmart HQ response.

What I got was a very snotty tone and was told the same scripted story from GoodRx, that it was up to the individual store or pharmacy. I said NO, here's the number and an extension to somebody at Walmart Corporate if you want to double check. I'm looking at your website right now and my cost with the Good Rx coupon will be four times the price of the price you have listed on your site RIGHT NOW.

"OK I'll pass that on to my supervisor, is there something else I can help you with today?" My friend who works at Walmart corporate said they stopped accepting GoodRx or any discounts for anything that's a controlled substance on 1/1/2018 and yet GoodRx has Walmart listed for a bunch of different controlled substance discounts. That didn't really apply to me, the prescription was for a non controlled BP med for my mother but even in their "response" they say "Walmart has changed their policies for ALL controlled substance prescriptions" and YET they still list discounted prices for them. My point is: Doesn't that just PROVE that Good Rx is the "incorrect" one and not the 103 people on here who gave them 1 star?

UPDATE: Reply to GoodRxs response which made me REALLY look into this company:

The moral is I'm not "in talks to be acquired for at least $1.5 billion" which isn't bad for a company valued at 300 million but they do have A LOT of personal medical information for marketers to buy and use.

I will say that GoodRx has saved me some money in the past BUT most pharmacies have the same info that is on the website but weren't allowed to use it because of some old federal law. That has recently changed and most pharmacies will give you the lowest price possible but not always, I have found this to be especially true at Walgreen's, they will usually come in way higher then say Costco, in some cases 10X as much. Don't even bother to use a discount at Walmart because you will be wasting your time. If you have a afternoon to waste then by all means bring to your GoodRx "discount" to all of the pharmacies they have listed on their website, you might save $3 and have your or your families very personal information sold. Your name, address, phone number, doctor, condition, prescriptions ALL go into a database run by a PBM (pharmacy benefit manager) who is the middle man between the manufacturer and drug store. What happens to that information is it gets sold. The PBMs are the one who set the prices for your drugs and most drug stores hate dealing with the ones that GoodRx has contracted with. If anything just watch the first link, it goes into pretty good detail on why your drug costs are so high to begin with and is a pharmacist. The other links confirm it and are mostly pharmacists.

Actually to counter GoodRxs response I talked to a pharmacist who pointed me to these links:

You will have copy and paste them but it explains how Good Rx actually works and the information is from mostly pharmacists and drug store owners. These are MUST READS and are very interesting. Basically being politely called a liar has upset me so what went from a basic "They aren't accepted at Walmart review" has become
"THEY SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION REVIEW".

I have a serious problem with my families medical information being sold to third parties. I also find the fact that a review wasn't posted for a month and the SAME DAY I posted a negative one a glowing one about using GoodRx at Walmart was posted.
"Today we had a prescription filled at WalMart."
"We are committed to using GoodRx to check prices!"
That doesn't seem too fishy at all.

Attached is a GOODRX WALMART DISCOUNT COUPON for generic Valium from 10/28/2018 which is a SCHEDULE 4 CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE or maybe everyone but GoodRx is "incorrect". 103 ONE STAR reviews are absolutely "correct" and I have serious doubts about the validity of most of the 5 star reviews.

"The pharmacy is wrong, our prices are correct, we'll make this right, we'll correct this, we'll resolve this" and so on in response to EVERY negative review.

Translation: They will send you a $10 Amazon gift card or something along those lines. That isn't going help my mothers blood pressure or am I "incorrect"?

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for a very lengthy review. Sadly, everything reported here is incorrect. GoodRx works very closely with Walmart and our coupons are used there thousands of times a day. It is true that Walmart has changed their policies for ALL controlled substance prescriptions; not just GoodRx. We’d be happy to help and come up with a way to make this right if you’d email help@goodrx.com.
leone21
9/22/18

I am self pay and so good rx helps me locate pharmacies with the lowest price for my meds. Misty from good rx helped me with an issue that I was having a certain prescription med. She solved my problem with courtesy and great customer service and was attentive to all my needs. She worked with me keeping in touch with me while working on my issue and kept me informed through out the process. She even had my prescription transferred from one pharmacy to another along my daily traveled route to save me money. In my opinion Misty is an asset to your organization and represents good rx exceptionally. Thanks good rx.

robj75
9/18/18

My insurance
Did not cover my script, out of pocket was $222. I used Good to at CVS and it was $26, I'm amazed!

johns3203
9/14/18

When I fell in the old folks donut hole I started looking around for alternatives and cheaper prices for my Advair Rx. The retail price for this drug is about $1200 a month. I found AirDuo generic at Walgreens for $100 a month and my lung doc wrote me a prescription for it. The GoodRx coupon worked for me for $50 a month at Walgreens. Not only did GoodRx save me 50% but also pointed me to Walgreens because they have the best prices for AirDuo. GoodRx pointed me to Kroger for another one of my meds where Kroger was substantially lower than any other place. It just works - easy. No more donut holes for me!

angies56
9/11/18

I did not believe this FREE card would save me money on my prescriptions, I was wrong! I had to pick up 3 prescriptions that were going to be $100 , I paid $49!! I save an average of $20-30 dollars on each prescription, depending on the actual cost. I am so glad I used this card/

johnb1923
8/29/18

This happened in two states now. In my prior state, it was cheaper to pay cash with the pharmacy's regular discount. I didn't use the card.

I got a couple of prices and called the pharmacy w/the lowest price here. The said they're having problems with the company's quoted price and invariably had to call and call them again. The costs quoted were bogus. Consumers were screwed - nothing new and this confirms what I saw but didn't understand. In this new state, I only called one pharmacy that's local for two quotes and I'll pay about $3 more for one and $7 more for the other. I'll stop enriching the pharmaceutical companies for one script and will just not bother filling it anymore.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Well hello John! We aren't having issues - our prices are right. Sounds like a misunderstanding - can you email help@goodrx.com and we'll make this right for you?
elizabethp256
8/28/18

Received my 30 day free trial card. The web site quoted the discount price. Went to my participating Pharmacy and GoodRx would not approve the price quoted on line. Spoke to 2 different GoodRX customer service representatives. First one young inexperienced, told me what she was probably reading off a sheet. Asked for a supervisor (Isaiah) Extremely rude, cut me off during asking questions, and when I would cut in to ask ask a question l was told I was being difficult.?It appears they are programmed, and if you ask simply questions they don't know the answer too you all the sudden become difficult and they want to end the conversation. I rarely send reviews but this one is truly price false advertising and horrible customer service.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - GoodRx Gold prices are right, and if there's an issue, we're happy to take care of it and make things right. Our contracted rates are clearly published and if we're wrong (which rarely happens, if ever) , we'll be sure to make you happy somehow. Will you please email help@goodrx.com so we can resolve this?
folzk
8/24/18

My husband and I printed out GoodRx coupons for shingrix vaccine and went to Walmart. They refused to honor the price and showed us on the computer that it was GoodRX that said the coupons were no good for That vaccine. Go figure that one out.

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

5 Photos for GoodRx