Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

christopherb443
6/19/19

I've always had decent insurance, but got a prescription from my doctor today that was not covered on my plan. I had anticipated what the doctor would prescribe and did a little home work before even visiting the doctor for how I could handle the situation financially. That's when I stumbled into GoodRx via google. I was a little worried based on some negative reviews that this was not a legitimate service. I was surprised when I visited the doctor today and he told me what he wanted to prescribe was not covered by insurance, but he would show me how I could make it affordable. Next thing I knew, he brought up GoodRx on the computer to show it to me. I told him I had already stumbled into it the day before. He said he recommended it for this situation and gave me a paper prescription instead of just sending it electronically to my pharmacy on file so I could shop around. I went the grocery store and used their pharmacy because it was on the list with a great price of $26. The normal pharmacy I go to had it listed at over $300. Sure enough, I did my shopping while waiting for the prescription to be filled, and was pleasantly surprised when made my way to the pharmacy to pick it up paying the $26 as advertised in the coupon. Thank You GoodRx!

shayw18
6/12/19

Good RX most likely will not save you any more than your (probably) crap insurance already will. Actually, Good RX is usually more expensive than your (again already, probably CRAP) insurance is. Waste of time!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Shay. We are happy to hear your insurance had a better price. We always want you to get the lowest price available so if your insurance has a better price, we recommend using your insurance. However, GoodRx has been found to beat insurance copays about 40% of the time. Many insurance plans have high deductibles or limited formularies that don't cover the drugs consumers need. GoodRx is a great resource to use when your insurance doesn't cover a drug or if you can't afford your medication due to a high deductible. If we can ever look up the cost of a medication for you, please feel free to give us a call at 888-799-2553.
judithn8
6/5/19

GoodRx used to be good, and I've used them several times in the past, but now they are pretty worthless. I've wasted hours over the last two weeks trying to get a decent price on my cat's medicine, and I still don't have it. I tried two CVS pharmacies, both of which said they couldn't process the GoodRx coupon because the doctor that wrote it doesn't have an NPI number. Veterinarians don't have NPI numbers, so I was unable to use the coupon. Then I went to a Walmart and thought I had gotten lucky, until I found out they only gave me 45 pills instead of the 100 my vet had prescribed. I could have used the coupon, but it would have cost me more per pill than what it would have if I could have gotten the 100 pills. Called customer service, who informed me they won't pay for more than a 90-day supply. I now have my prescription back and my cat still has no medicine. Thanks for wasting my time, GoodRx.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Judith. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Instead of NPI's, veterinarians have DEA numbers. If the pharmacy system prompts for an NPI, the pharmacist can enter the vet's DEA number here instead. They can call your vet to obtain the DEA number, or it may already be listed on the script. Once the pharmacist has your prescriber’s DEA number, they should be able to process the coupon without any problems. We can certainly contact your pharmacy and get the coupon on file for you. Sending you a message for additional information!
jlh6
5/31/19

My husband has no perscription coverage uses VA. At times needs antibiotic now. Used Good RX at Walgreens on Levaquin 750 mg x 7 pills cost $36.94, savings $174.00, that's amazing. Thank You GOOD RX

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with GoodRx! We are very happy to hear we were able to help you save.
greogeb1
5/28/19

I try to get a discount on my script and the one they gave me was 23.00 more than what the pharmacy told me it may be good in the past but like most places after a while they don't care about the customer just want to make money off the pharmacy and the people

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Greoge,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about this pharmacy. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced while trying to use a GoodRx discount. The pharmacies listed on our site are actually contractually obligated to accept the coupons we list. (The only exception to this being controlled substances, as discounts for controlled substances are honored at the discretion of the pharmacy/pharmacist).

I would be more than happy to reach out to your pharmacy and see if we can get the correct discount applied for you. We can also notify the coupon provider of the experience you had with this pharmacy. From there, they will notify their corporate office who can re-educate the staff at this location on their contractual obligations to accept the discount.

To do so, there are just a few pieces of information we will need. I am sending you a private message for this info. Looking forward to working towards a resolution for you!
rogerl167
5/25/19

Good Rx advocates using generic drugs where available, due to cost savings. Having used their coupons, I have saved money on some prescriptions, while others I do just as well paying cash, as the pharmacy charge is about the same as the Good RX coupon price.

But GOOD Rx advises users that, with very limited exception, generic drugs are the equivalent of the branded versions, and the patient is just throwing away money buying the brand. All one has to do is Google generic medications and FDA recalls of those to learn that there is a serious problem with many generics.

And on May 14, 2019, a new book by an investigative reporter with Fortune Magazine, entitled "Bottle of Lies" went on the market. It is much worse than people know - generic medications are made in large part in India and China, and widespread fraud, phony record keeping, etc has hidden from the public, and the FDA which must approve those meds before they're imported, some of the horrors associated with the ingredients and manufacturing processes.

The reporter has been interviewed and her interviews can be found on YouTube.

This is not a new issue. The FDA used to push the line that generics are just as good as the brand - until they got smacked upside the head on Wellbutrin. Good Rx does no one a service by not at least informing users of potential problems with generics, which can, in fact, can themselves cause users serious health problems because they(some) are so deficient. And I can attest to this from personal experience with a few generic drugs I've taken.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Roger,

Glad to hear we were able to help you save! GoodRx provides prices and coupons for both brand-name and generic medications (FDA approved). If a drug is available as both generic and brand-name, we'll show the generic prices first as a way to help consumers save.

While we’re experts on drug prices, we aren’t doctors and can’t give medical advice. We always recommend speaking with your doctor before considering switching to a generic medication.

If you have any concerns regarding the FDA and generic medications, we recommend you speak to your doctor or pharmacist with any medical questions you might have.

Thank you.
cathys241
5/7/19

I just filled two prescriptions neither of which did my Humana drug coverage cover. Using the GoodRx card the cost went from $218 to $49. The other prescription went from $198 to $40. Both were filled at Walmart Pharmacy.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
HI Cathy - that is great news. Glad we were able to help you save. Thanks for spreading the word!
krm4
5/7/19

Went to Winn Dixie pharmacy to fill at advertised price of $100 and the pharmacist told me (after I sat and waited for a half an hour) then told me that was below their cost. She then tried to tell me she had another discount card for $200. I told her Publix price was $140. Then the Winn-Dixie pharmacist told me she had another discount card she could fill it for $134; but it was not in stock and I would have to come back in 5 days and pick it up. That's 34% higher then the GoodRx advertised price. Costco and Walmart no longer accept GoodRx in my area. This all seems like false advertising and the Federal Trade Commission should look into it.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello! Winn Dixie is contractually obligated to accept the GoodRx discount under most circumstances. I'd be more than happy to reach out to this pharmacy and their corporate office so this location does not provide misinformation to you or others in the future! Sending you a message for more information and thank you for letting us know about this incident!
davidg1048
4/25/19

I went to the Safeway pharmacy today to pick up my prescription. It was over $900 and with the coupon code it came down to $329. It was my first time using it but it is the real deal. For those whiners out there stop expecting everything for free. If you get any discount your lucky.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi David! Thanks for sharing your experience with GoodRx. Glad to hear we were able to help you save on such an expensive medication. GoodRx will always remain free to our consumers!
kevinh523
4/24/19

My degenerative condition has challenged me financially as much as physically.I have used your service many times when it made sense. I wish that people would understand that you can't control what others do with their prices.Most only care about profit, and feed off the most vulnerable segment of society.This is a small,but important step in the right direction. Thank you

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Kevin! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with GoodRx. We are very happy to hear we are able to provide you with savings for your medications.
chrisw638
4/24/19

I used the app at Walgreens and cut my price in half. My prescription was for an antibiotic and two different pain meds. The price went from $50 to $21. I think it really depends on the medication and where the discount is used. My experience and savings have been exceptional.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thank you for sharing your experience with GoodRx, Chris! Happy to hear we were able to assist.
ajm49
4/22/19

GoodRx gave me incorrect prices this month on two medications. One was $30 more at CVS and the other was $14 more at Walmart, than what GoodRx said. When I called GoodRx, they said the coupon prices are based on national averages (even though you enter your zip code.) It did not work accurately in California nor Arizona. Also, the prices on GoodRx have been higher on many others than the CVS prices without insurance.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi AJ, we're sorry about the price discrepancies for your medications. We use data from pharmacies to estimate, based on your location, what your discounted price should be. On occasion, pharmacies might carry a higher priced manufacturer, but in the vast majority of the cases, our prices are correct. We update the price information when the data becomes available to try to keep prices as accurate as possible.
ericr287
4/20/19

Have used it for years but one problem. If the med is not in stock, the price may go up $5 to $200 by the time it gets in. A pop up on the web site says "apply the coupon ahead of time" and shows the coupon price next to it, but you can't apply the coupon until it arrives and the price may vary a huge amount. Good Rx runs and changes the coupon price constantly. I have refused meds twice at the counter when I saw the new price-----way higher. If your pharma does not stock your med, shop around to find one that does, or be prepared for sticker shock.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - that's not exactly right. If the manufacturer of the drug switches, the price may change. This doesn't happen often, but once in a while it will - it's up the pharmacy. We track prices and information constantly and provide the best price and coupon we can find, but there will obviously be times when a pharmacy stocks multiple products or switches when we don't know - they don't tell us. So yes, the best advice is to call around - and always let us know so that we can work to find you a better coupon for that product!
mikec822
4/19/19

Good RX advertised my inhaler (Proair) at $22.87 at Walgreens. I got there and the pharmacist told me it was $76. That is MORE than my insurance, plus advertised at $22.87. What a crock of $#*!. False advertising, fraudulent. DO NOT USE, complete waste of time.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We can fix this situation for you. Please call us at (888) 799-2553 for assistance.
jamess1691
4/16/19

ADVIR HFS IS 423.00 AT WALMART GOODRX STATES ITS ONLY 123.00 AT WALMART THE ACTUAL COSTS AT WALMART IF 418.00 BEACUSE NO ONE GUARANTEES GOODRX PRICES GOODRX IS A LYING SACK OF GOOSE CRAP!!

jamess1690
4/16/19

The discount prices that are shown are NOT anywhere close to what the pharmacy will allow. One drug ADVIR was 423.00 & goodrx says it was 135.00 the actual price was 418.00 what a RIPOFF & A LYING GOOD RX THEY SHOULD CHANGE THEIR NAME TOO GOOD & RAW WITHOUT VASOLINE!! THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - Advair is around $135; if the pharmacist charged you more, they made a mistake and we can fix this situation for you. Please call us at (888) 799-2553 for assistance.
judys401
4/15/19

My $200. a month medicine is less than $75 for 3 months. Another one is also far cheaper than with insurance.

nancyp329
4/11/19

I work for the prescriber and was sceptical. Prices have gone up and even staff pays $120 or so. I used the coupon at CVS and paid only $61.46. I am thrilled with this, and will relay to ALL of our patients.

amberm198
4/3/19

GoodRx coupon are "suggested pricing" based on "national averages" even though you enter your zip code. I have used coupons from GoodRx three times. It worked 2 out of 3 times. The third time was for a controlled medication. The pharmacy's price with the coupon was $30 more than the coupon price. After speaking with the pharmacy, I called GoodRx. They called the pharmacy. When GoodRx called me back, they said the pharmacy uses a Pharmaceutical manufacturer for my drug that costs more. They will not fix their site or app to reflect the real price for my pharmacy, because they use national averages instead of real prices. They said the only thing I can do is have my doctor submit my prescription to each pharmacy I want to try (that's a lot to ask a doctor,) so the pharmacies can run through their coupons to see what the prices come up as. There is no way to know ahead of time and they won't do it with a prescription. If I want to call GoodRx to call each pharmacy my doctor has submitted to, that's an option too. It's just as cumbersome though. I just don't understand the point of this service if the prices they show aren't reliable. They won't be getting any transaction fees from my prescriptions anymore. The price in the photo still says $173 when it's actually $204 at that store.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for your feedback. We can help. please call us at (888) 799-2553 with your issue. Our prices are very accurate and we work closely with pharmacies.
davidp1159
3/30/19

Tried to us a GoodRx coupon at my CVS. The pharmacist told me it's a scam, they do not honor GoodRx coupons and consider GoodRx to be false advertising. Stay away .

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hm. That’s just not true. We work very closely with CVS and talk to their leadership almost weekly. please call us at (888) 799-2553 with your issue and we'll do our best to help.
dawnf98
3/25/19

I have never had to use Good RX but I am checking this out. I see people who have used this and everything has gone well for months/yrs. Then the minute something goes wrong it is all negative. Nothing in this world always goes perfect. I see so many good reviews from all of your customers. People do not realize when negative things happen it all has to do with insurance/pharmacy/store and their rules and regulations also. RX does not own the patent on this. It is like a medication that can save your life coming out. It is tried for up to 5 yrs on people with as many side effects as possible stated not only during advertising but on brochures given out. People have them in black and white what can or may happen but will grab at this drug as a lifeline. The minute something happens and someone starts suing someone over a side effect many jump on board. It makes no difference that it has stated the possible side effects. You took it upon yourself do talk with your Doctor and decide to use this knowing what maybe could happen. As a Nurse I see this all the time....I am sure many people are very thankful you exist. I see many who have had good experience . Many need all the help they can get!....

juanh78
3/20/19

I am between jobs and don't have insurance. I have a montly prescription for Armodafinil 30@150mg. With my prior insurance it was $20 bucks.

Without insurance the cost was going to be OVER $500!!!

I went to that giant discount store with the smiley faces and presented a coupon code I got from GoodRx. Out the door I paid $50!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GOODRX!!!!!!! They are the real deal!!

chickies
3/19/19

So far everything I've gotten a coupon for has been ignored. Walmart refuses to adhere to the prices on the coupon. Instead they refer to the clause that gives them an out on the coupon. This is a waste of time...........

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
please call us at (888) 799-2553 with your issue and we'll do our best to help.
jacquelineh319
3/13/19

Thank you so much for savings I'm 72 on a tight budget and this site has saved me hundreds of dollars even with my ins you are so much better

judithb227
2/26/19

I am a Pancreatic Cancer survivor of 13 years. I have to take a medication that my insurance does not cover. After paying $700 a month GoodRx reduces it to $250. This makes a huge difference on a retired income. Thank you GoodRx you are literally a life savor. I don't know how other than a gift from God was sent to help me. A hugh hugh difference in my quality of life. Thanks so very much for your help and I am so grateful

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GoodRx