Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2017 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

tomf287
10/19/18

You know when you get a feeling that something is too good to be true? That's GoodRx in a nutshell. I brought a prescription for my elderly mother to WalMart that I had filled about 10 times. This time I brought in a GoodRx coupon and guess what? They don't accept them. Long story short I did my Walmart shopping, then called GoodRx and got a song and dance TWICE when I got home.

The first time it was the old it's "up to the pharmacy or the pharmacist on duty."Call some other Walmarts by you and check their prices out with the GoodRx coupon", which actually no pharmacy will do unless they have a prescription in hand. Like a fool I wasted my time and everyone of them said new corporate policy as of September 2018, NO Walmart.

The kicker was I grew up with somebody who ended up at Walmart Corporate in Bentonville. I called them and they said they had cut all ties to GoodRx as of 8/31/18.
I consider this to be the FINAL answer coming from Walmart Corporate but I figured what the heck, I just wasted a couple hours of my life so I ended up calling GoodRx back with the official response.

What I got was a snotty tone and was told the same scripted story from GoodRx, that it was up to the individual store or pharmacy. I said NO, here's the number and an extension to somebody at Walmart corporate if you want to double check. I'm looking at your website right now and my cost will be four times what you have listed.

"OK I'll pass that on to my supervisor, is there something else I can help you with today?" As an added plus according to my friend who works at Walmart corporate they stopped accepting GoodRx or any discounts for anything that's a controlled substance on 1/1/2018 and yet they GoodRx has Walmart listed for a bunch of different controlled substances. That $7 GoodRx coupon is going to cost you $33 at Walmart.

I will say that GoodRx has saved me money in the past BUT most pharmacies have the same info that is on the website but weren't allowed to use it because of some federal law. That has recently changed and most pharmacies will give you the lowest price possible but not always, I have found this to be especially true at Walgreen's, they will usually come in way higher then say Costco, in some cases 10X as much. To end this don't even bother to use a discount at Walmart because you will be wasting your time. If you have a afternoon to waste then by all means bring to your GoodRx "discount" to all of the pharmacies they have listed on their website.
You might get lucky but not at Walmart.

In the end this seems to all been a ploy to get people to join GoodRx Gold. I think that possibly that CVS and GoodRx are closely related. For the cost of a Costco membership you can join The Costco Member Prescription Program, its free. As an added bonus they can actually tell you the cost of your prescription on the phone w/o a prescription hand. You will know exactly what you will pay before you go there.
I actually got my mothers prescription for LESS then what the GoodRx price was at Walmart. I could have saved a bunch of time IF I had just called Costco first. You can pay GoodRx $120 a year OR you can get a Costco membership for $60 a year and probably get cheaper prices on prescriptions if you join "The Costco Member Prescription Program".

You might even buy 40 rolls of toilet paper with the price difference.

I knew GoodRx was too good to be true. It's getting kind of scammish.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for a very lengthy review. Sadly, everything reported here is incorrect. GoodRx works very closely with Walmart and our coupons are used there thousands of times a day. It is true that Walmart has changed their policies for ALL controlled substance prescriptions; not just GoodRx. We’d be happy to help and come up with a way to make this right if you’d email help@goodrx.com.
leone21
9/22/18

I am self pay and so good rx helps me locate pharmacies with the lowest price for my meds. Misty from good rx helped me with an issue that I was having a certain prescription med. She solved my problem with courtesy and great customer service and was attentive to all my needs. She worked with me keeping in touch with me while working on my issue and kept me informed through out the process. She even had my prescription transferred from one pharmacy to another along my daily traveled route to save me money. In my opinion Misty is an asset to your organization and represents good rx exceptionally. Thanks good rx.

robj75
9/18/18

My insurance
Did not cover my script, out of pocket was $222. I used Good to at CVS and it was $26, I'm amazed!

johns3203
9/14/18

When I fell in the old folks donut hole I started looking around for alternatives and cheaper prices for my Advair Rx. The retail price for this drug is about $1200 a month. I found AirDuo generic at Walgreens for $100 a month and my lung doc wrote me a prescription for it. The GoodRx coupon worked for me for $50 a month at Walgreens. Not only did GoodRx save me 50% but also pointed me to Walgreens because they have the best prices for AirDuo. GoodRx pointed me to Kroger for another one of my meds where Kroger was substantially lower than any other place. It just works - easy. No more donut holes for me!

angies56
9/11/18

I did not believe this FREE card would save me money on my prescriptions, I was wrong! I had to pick up 3 prescriptions that were going to be $100 , I paid $49!! I save an average of $20-30 dollars on each prescription, depending on the actual cost. I am so glad I used this card/

johnb1923
8/29/18

This happened in two states now. In my prior state, it was cheaper to pay cash with the pharmacy's regular discount. I didn't use the card.

I got a couple of prices and called the pharmacy w/the lowest price here. The said they're having problems with the company's quoted price and invariably had to call and call them again. The costs quoted were bogus. Consumers were screwed - nothing new and this confirms what I saw but didn't understand. In this new state, I only called one pharmacy that's local for two quotes and I'll pay about $3 more for one and $7 more for the other. I'll stop enriching the pharmaceutical companies for one script and will just not bother filling it anymore.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Well hello John! We aren't having issues - our prices are right. Sounds like a misunderstanding - can you email help@goodrx.com and we'll make this right for you?
elizabethp256
8/28/18

Received my 30 day free trial card. The web site quoted the discount price. Went to my participating Pharmacy and GoodRx would not approve the price quoted on line. Spoke to 2 different GoodRX customer service representatives. First one young inexperienced, told me what she was probably reading off a sheet. Asked for a supervisor (Isaiah) Extremely rude, cut me off during asking questions, and when I would cut in to ask ask a question l was told I was being difficult.?It appears they are programmed, and if you ask simply questions they don't know the answer too you all the sudden become difficult and they want to end the conversation. I rarely send reviews but this one is truly price false advertising and horrible customer service.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - GoodRx Gold prices are right, and if there's an issue, we're happy to take care of it and make things right. Our contracted rates are clearly published and if we're wrong (which rarely happens, if ever) , we'll be sure to make you happy somehow. Will you please email help@goodrx.com so we can resolve this?
folzk
8/24/18

My husband and I printed out GoodRx coupons for shingrix vaccine and went to Walmart. They refused to honor the price and showed us on the computer that it was GoodRX that said the coupons were no good for That vaccine. Go figure that one out.

jimf218
8/22/18

Good RX is total crap, buy yourself toilet paper instead, you can put it to good use. Went to four different pharmacies with Gold Good RX Card (Sams, CVS, walgreen's and Walmart) and ALL of they gave me a hard time AND refused to take the card. I immediately called Good RX and canceled the card!!! Total waste of time and money!!!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Jim - We'd be happy to help. GoodRx Gold is accepted at every pharmacy in our network, and we can fix problems. What are the odds you'll reach out again so we can make this right?
tammyb213
8/18/18

I checked two pharmacy's for my medication with the Good RX Cupon. Rite Aid would not honor the Cupon, and Fred's did not have the medication. Wal-Mart would not honor their Cupon.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - we work closely with all of the pharmacies you mention. It sounds like you may have been trying to fill a controlled substance, which pharmacists have the option to deny (and we say so on the site). Still, we'd like to help - please email help@goodrx.com.
crystalt53
8/17/18

Walmart is listed on the good rx site. Went there they said no. Called the good rx. # and was informed that eventhough they partner with Walmart that can choose to accept it or not. Gee thanks I think maybe they didn't want to honor it because the script was actually for a canine but a human med obviously. Whatever not gonna embarrass myself with this crap again

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - sounds like the pharmacist was not aware how to process GoodRx; we can help with this. Please email help@goodrx.com? We'll make this right.
frankh212
8/10/18

Simvaststin $38 cvs. Had transferred to Shoprite with GoodRx app. Only $9.78 90 days supply. Simply read the numbers from coupon. Quite a savings

vicb17
8/10/18

Save me 40 dollars. My pharmacy told me cash price was 60. I brought in the coupon. I ended up paying 19 and some change. You just have to try. Each pharmacy is different. Thanks so much to good rx

lorac15
8/5/18

One of the actors says that he has insurance,but goods saves him more. On the bottom of the screen,it CLEARLY says "not to be combined with other insurance ". Sounds misleading to me....

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
It's not misleading - you simply can't combine the two discounts. Not sure why that would merit a 1-star review.
donnal273
8/5/18

Coupon states that "your estimated price at pharmacy will be $84.16", I called and my price with the coupon is $389!!!!! What a waste of time for someone who doesn't have the income for their meds.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - pharmacies sometimes do not like to run coupons over the phone, but you will get that price at the pharmacy. We work closely with every major US pharmacy and we'd love to help make this right - and we almost always can. Will you contact us at help@goodrx.com?
tomd308
8/2/18

i tried getting my prescription at 4 different pharmacies, Walmart was the worst. I dont have prescription coverage on my very expensive health insurance. I was going to have to pay otta pocket for 2 medications $400 a month, thank goodness my ex-wife introduced me to GoodRX she helped me look both prescriptions up on the website get the coupon finally called Walgreens OMG! I got both prescriptions for under $100 dollars and it was true gave the Walgreen pharmacist over the phone the 4 diffrent number member ID# Group# Bin# PCN# it all checked out, i picked up my prescription, I told the pharmacist how much i saved his eyes got huge and said WOW thats awsome so im so Blessed for GoodRX, I hope there in business forever.......... saving over $3,600 a year #1HAPPYCAMPER

aymar
7/31/18

I thought I could save a little money using Good RX over Blink Health. Nope! My coupons were less than 2 hours old when I presented them to pay for my meds. Kroger wanted nearly 26$ more than the price on the coupons. Declined to be ripped off and went home. Checked the Good RX price for Kroger and it still showed the value on my coupons, not the $24 more that Kroger demanded. Tore up the coupons and paid for my meds with Blink instead. Price was higher but closer to what Kroger was demanding. I'm sticking with Blink.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hmm. One wonders if a competitive company is spamming review boards...
amandas419
7/30/18

I PAY $114 A MONTH FOR MY MEDICATION THAT IS OVER 300 ELSEWHERE, GREAT SAVINGS, I CANNOT DRIVE WITHOUT MY MEDICATION, SO GRATEFUL FOR GOOD RX

robertb1161
7/23/18

Good RX saves me $160.00 a month on my daughters' AD/HD medication. That is $1,920.00 a year...at no cost to me. That is really all that needs to be said. Type in the name of your medication, and save money. Simple...

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thank you!
dianneh2
7/13/18

I had no problem using it. I needed refills for 3 prescriptions at Kroger. My current insurance does not have prescription coverage. I searched each prescription on GoodRx, printed my coupons and went to Kroger. No problem with Kroger, they said GoodRx is great. I saved a bunch of money.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thanks!
teresah167
6/27/18

My prescription was so expensive through Medicare. My friend told me about GoodRX Gold. I m so thankful. I was going to be charged $118.00 for a 30 day supply. Asked Doctor for a paper prescription vs faxing to Pharmacy, so I could check pricing. Whoa, $30.00. Less expensive than noted on goodRX website. Customer Service is also great. What a savings so far. Thank you GoodRX!

aaront78
6/20/18

I went to hyvee pharmacy to get gemfibrozil because goodrx had them as the lowest price. i went in with the good rx coupon and my prescription, was told it was $192 without insurance so i pulled out the goodrx coupon and the price was reduced to 17 dollars. WOW. to be honest i wouldn't have been able to afford it without goodrx

williamc593
6/13/18

No one accepts their coupons... Walmart regular price with no discount card or insurance is $10.00 Cheaper then the GoodRx coupon

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello William. You know that we list all those Walmart $4 and $10 prices, right? We always want to make it right, and we'd be happy to talk to you and make sure you're all good. Every major US pharmacy happily accepts GoodRx. Please email help@goodrx.com.
cjd14
6/8/18
• Updated review

I have my receipt. Walmart's "regular" price is lower than your reported "regular price for Walmart" and even lower than your "discount price for walmart" and I didn't have to do anything to get that cash price.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We list Walmart's "regular prices" and we talk to them regularly. Yes, you're right - you don't have to do anything. We'd love to look into this if you'll give us a chance - please email help@goodrx.com?
“Not a lower price.”
6/6/18
• Previous review

Walmart cash price as well as several local pharmacies cash prices were less than GOODRX coupon "discount" price shown for that store. Actually, the "discount" price shown at GOODRX is the full name brand price quoted by the manufacturer and the "normal" price shown on GOODRX is far more than that quoted by the manufacturer for name brand. Not sure what all the hype is about. .

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - I think you're confused. We list Walmart cash prices for prescriptions. I think you've got your facts wrong. We'd love to help - help@goodrx.com
lynns219
6/7/18

I've been using Good Rx with good results for months. Today I pulled up the coupon and it showed my RX was $19.59 at my pharmacy. The pharmacy put the info in and it was $26.02. they verified the name/dosage/quantity were correct in the coupon. They then said this has been happening a lot lately. I called Good RX and they pulled the RX and my pharmacy up and said it showed too be $25.42.

This is ridiculous. I'll stick with Blink

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Lynn. Our prices are quite accurate, and this story doesn't seem to make sense. We'd love to look into it and also make it right by you. Please email us at help@goodrx.com if we can assist. And please note that other programs aren't accepted at many pharmacies.

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Please email customer service at help@goodrx.com for more assistance with this question.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Our price is closer to $17 - see here: https://www.goodrx.com/potassium-chloride-er?drug-name=potassium+chloride+er

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

1 Photo for GoodRx