GoodPx

2018 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

GoodPx has a consumer rating of 3.32 stars from 482 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with GoodPx most frequently mention wal mart, day supply and walmart pharmacy. GoodPx ranks 12th among Coupons sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 6 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 39.7%

• When I reported the difference to GoodRX, they confirmed that their coupon price was in error.
  • Talked with customer service all they dud was make excuses wasted 22 minutes in phone offered nothing.
How would you rate GoodPx?

“A nightmare app!”

Bb S.
6/14/20

As a pharmacy Technician I can tell you this is a nightmare! I understand people want to save money and that is fine! But then we get the customers that are just doing it to save a nickel! It is time consuming and it takes away from us being able to fill a childs antibiotic that someone is waiting on! Also prices are not always what the app says and they yell at us! Hoping our pharmacy will eventually exclude good rx for good!

“Coupons refused”

Karyn M.
7/13/20

I attempted to use a GoodRX coupon at Winn Dixie who accepted the coupon for other medications but refused one for an inhaler. Supposedly they are under contractual obligation to accept them but since you can't get anyone to speak to you from GoodRX to address it while you're at the pharmacy you're just out of luck. If there's no way to enforce this obligation - what is the point of having the contract? Ridiculous.

coupon price (0) customer service (22)
karynm27
July 13th, 2020
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hi Karyn! We’re very sorry you experienced trouble using our discounts at Winn Dixie. Our Advocacy Team would love to look into this for you immediately! Please contact us at 888-799-2553 and we will get started. Our hours are Monday-Sunday, between the hours of 8AM and 7PM CT.
springd4
April 14th, 2020
Hi, anonymous pharmacy technician here. Just so everyone else knows, the reason why some pharmacies accept these coupons and some don't tends to vary on a manager-to-manager basis. My manager will not allow me to accept the coupons, since billing prescriptions to GoodRx usually causes our company to lose money on each purchase. Instead, our company offers its own discount that is usually comparable to GoodRx's coupons. Just something to keep in mind- some pharmacies won't accept these coupons.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello Spring! Thanks for dropping a line. Here is some information regarding how GoodRx works with pharmacies like yours.

GoodRx has partnered with about 10-12 coupon providers that we list prices for on our site. Each coupon provider (or PBM - pharmacy benefit manager) works directly with the corporate office for the pharmacy to negotiate these prices. From there, we are provided the rates that the PBM and corporate pharmacy location have negotiated in order to post these prices on our site. The pharmacy does not enter a contract with GoodRx and instead is in contract with the PBM. We simply post these prices on our site for consumers to take advantage of. If you have any questions regarding reimbursement, we recommend contacting your pharmacy chain's corporate office.
lisaa954
August 11th, 2020
Who actually pays for this? How do y'all get your prices? What do you do with the information sent to your database? Is it sold? Are you selling patient's private information? Exactly how do you get money from this "Help a neighbor out?" By selling HIPPA information that pharmacies transmit to your computer. Nothing is free! You get something from this! Commercials aren't free.

Tip for consumers:
Do not trust them. They will sell your information that the pharmacies have in file for you!!!!!

Products used:
None I wouldn’t trust this company with my worst enemies script!!

GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hi Lisa! GoodRx takes our users’ privacy very seriously. We strive to go above and beyond both legal requirements and consumer expectations when it comes to protecting consumer data. We understand that some users do not want their data shared or stored, and have recently added the capability for all users nationwide to request the deletion of their data as described in the California Consumer Privacy Act. Just visit www.goodrx.com/requestdeletion. If you have any further questions, please give us a call at 888-799-2553.
marct71
February 8th, 2020
Everyone in my family has attempted to utilize good rx in the past month or so without success. Every medication I attempt to use it for at Walgreens, they say; " we cant accepted good rx for this medication " I've got a lot medications as well, having stage 4 metastatic brain cancer. Other family members have yet to get it to work. Uncle with heart disease and mom with copd. Have had every medication they attempted to use it on declined. The only one that's had any luck is my niece Kate for her son's medication.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello Marc! We are so sorry to hear about the trouble that you have experienced at the pharmacy. We would be more than happy to look into this for you. We will just need you to please give us a call at 888-799-2553, in order to collect the necessary information to reach out to your pharmacy!
bbs4
June 14th, 2020
dianac427
March 1st, 2020
This is my first time using GoodRX and I only paid $1.81 for my prescription. They gladly took it at CVS with the only difference that they didn't give me the pills inside a plastic bottle but in its original strip packaging, which is fine as the bottle ends up in the garbage anyway. Thank you!
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hey Diana! We are so happy that we were able to help you save on your medication!
marier47
March 18th, 2020
I have noticed if you PRINT OUT THE COUPON you will for the most part that price will be honored. I always use Good RX or NeedyMeds. I always print out the coupon. There are many numbers the Pharmacists have to record in the computer- grabbing the coupon frees them up vs. having your phone. That is why i think so many places will turn you down when you show them your phone with GoodRX coupon on it. I do not have insurance so this is something I use on a regular basis. I notice KROGERS will take my coupons everytime.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello Marie! There are a few different ways to use GoodRx coupons without printing a physical copy. You can text or email a coupon to yourself and show this to the pharmacist straight from your phone. If you run into any issues with using a coupon off your phone, feel free to give us a call at 888-799-2553, and we will investigate immediately.
maryannp111
April 15th, 2020
Was filling a script for my hubbie, the price with my insurance was $118 so I checked good rx, the coupon said $36.99 for the same drug, mg and count. I was excited. Money is tight due to the covid thing. When the pharmacy tech put in the codes, the price was higher than my insurance! She said they change their prices all the time. What a scam. I was glad I did not pay the $20 for a membership. Maybe it will work for you but certainly buyer beware
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hey MaryAnn. We’re very sorry that you experienced trouble using our coupons at the pharmacy. Our Advocacy Team would love to look into this for you immediately and ensure this is resolved! Please contact us at 888-799-2553 and we will get started. Our hours are Monday-Sunday, between the hours of 8AM and 7PM CT.
beverlye63
July 8th, 2020
The commercial is false. You have to go to the pharmacy that accepts good ex. Usually several miles from the location you are presently located at Just because you show a cheaper good ex price to the pharmacist doesn't mean they will automatically accept the cheeper price like the commercial advertised! Like most things found in today's TV, computer, etc marketing world, it's all deceptive crap! Welcome to today's world!
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hi Beverly! We are so sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced with our services. We'd be happy to walk you through how GoodRx works. Please give us a call at 888-799-2553.
karans60
April 7th, 2020
You only can get the lowest price if you pay a $36 annual fee to Good Rx, which isn't extremely high, but dont say "no membership required and that it's totally free, when it's not.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hey Karan! I believe you are viewing the KrogerRx Savings Club prices! You can view the free GoodRx discounts by going to www.goodrx.com. If you have any questions on how to navigate the site, feel free to give us a call at 888-799-2553.
heatherr312
October 4th, 2020
Today had my flu shot an injection at my neighborhood Walgreens. Saved only $3.73. Paid $37.26. Retail price $40.99. Exaggerated savings.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hi Reva! We’re sorry to hear about that. Please give us a call at 888-799-2553, and we’d be happy to double check this for you!
steves1640
October 14th, 2020
My local Walgreens coupon price on my iPhone App was $30.63.

I was charged $48. 67. 50% more

Neither the pharmacy not GoodRx could explain this.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hi Steve! We’re so sorry you experienced trouble using our discounts at Walgreens. Our Advocacy Team would love to look into this for you immediately! Please give us a call at 888-799-2553 and we will get started.
bradleyf13
January 7th, 2020
One example, Januvia (for Type II Diabetes) 30 pills for $500. Invokana, even more expensive. How can they can claim to save 80% on meds with a straight face? Ignore their TV commercials, total lies.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello Bradley--We sincerely apologize for the trouble, and would be more than happy to double check this for you! Please give us a call at 888-799-2553, and we will investigate immediately.
scottc1012
scott c.
August 6th, 2020
Sacm, avoid at all possibilities. They stole my money and gave me chalk tablets which have no active ingredient at all. I ended up taking 2 strips and it did nothing I recommend (presspharmacyshop.com) cause the are reliable.
leong61
February 25th, 2020
My wife has non-small cell, non-smoking lung cancer. We purchased her first script for a little less than $500 at a Safeway (very rude) in Fairfax Va near Centreville. She is at a refill point and now the cost at the Saeway is over a 1000% increase. For the past week the cost at Giant has been a little less than $500. I'm guessing our inquiries have made that cost increase over 1000%. Bait & switch? It's like a drug dealer saying the first one is free--now we got you. So, my experience with Goodrx is pretty rotten.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello Leon! We apologize that we were not able to provide a lower discount, and we would be happy to double check this for you. We have sent you a private message on Facebook, where your original comment was posted to see if we can investigate further!
jeffr444
April 8th, 2020
I ordered an elective prescription from my doctor, it was for 90 days and Walgreens wanted $1200, with insurance it was $450, with GoodRx it was $23. I want to personally thank GoodRx for providing this service but am afraid they will get hosed once more and more consumers use this service and the corporate entities change their minds about how this formula saves consumers money.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello Jeff! We are so happy that we are able to help you save so much on your prescription! Feel free to let us know if we can help you with anything in the future!
jedd17
December 31st, 2019
For all the different meds that I take, I visited one dozen places. I got the prices first with out any discount, then four discount cards. The one of this concern is GoodRx for all my meds, some actually cost more and the rest of them saved less than 10%. The other three cards saved on average 40% or more. My word of advice, tell everyone you know that GoodRx is not even worth the time to get it.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello Jed! We sincerely apologize for the trouble that you have experienced, and would be more than happy to look into this further, and reach out to the pharmacy on your behalf. Please give us a call at 888-799-2553, and we will collect the necessary information to get started!
paulap259
January 27th, 2020
Didn't cover ANY of my prescriptions. Didn't save anything! I was very discouraged after visiting several pharmacies. I think there should be a disclaimer on commercial because it's Very misleading.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello Paula! We sincerely apologize for the trouble that you have experienced, and would be more than happy to look into this for you. Please give us a call at 888-799-2553, and we will investigate immediately.
cl305
January 20th, 2020
I went to Publix on 1/17/20 with the GoodRx app. My prescription on the app came up $39.81. Publix said it keep coming up $54.97. The cashier rang it up several times (so she said). I ended up paying the $54.97. For some reason I decided to call today, 1/20/20. The rep indicated it shows $29.95. She called Publix and called me back indicating they are accepting the $29.95 and will call me with a refund. She did explained that it was at their discretion. Either way, I'm happy!
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello! We apologize for the trouble, and are happy that we were able to get everything sorted out for you!
thomasd878
August 21st, 2020
The commercial that claims up to 80 percent savings is misleading. The commercial referencing a $67 transaction reduced to $8.70 is obviously more the an 80 percent savings. Based on all the customer complaints I have read I would have to say that this another attempt to mislead customers. Or else the company can not figure basic math.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hi Thomas! We apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. It is possible to save more than what is advertised on our commercials and we strive to save Americans as much as possible on their medications. If you have any further concerns, please give us a call at 888-799-2553.
toniv28
February 11th, 2020
You need a doctor prescription to buy OTC over the counter products that do not need a prescription and this is the only way you will receive the discount. What a stupid app.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello! We apologize for the frustration. You will need a valid prescription for an OTC medication in order to use a GoodRx discount! If you have any further questions, we would be happy to help you out! Our number is 888-799-2553.
williamm2162
September 24th, 2020
Took Safeway a prescription normally don't like Safeway but with the GoodRx app it showed my prescription to be only $46. I chose to go to Safeway this time all because of GoodRx. Gave the coupon to the pharmacist and they took the coupon put it in the computer at $46.87. They did not have my medication in and so two days later after I fought to get the $47 up went to pay for my prescription and then all the sudden it had changed to $73 and some change. I feel like they entrapped me. The best deal to go to Safeway only to change it once my prescription had been put into the system. I find that a lot of people try to get whatever money they can right at the very end of bankruptcy or some political change. Please do not use GoodRx because they will in trap and change the prices! I would rather use a pharmacy and pay full price than ever used GoodRx again!
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hi William--We're sorry to hear about your experience using GoodRx at your local Safeway Pharmacy. We'd be happy to reach out to them on your behalf. Please give us a call at 888-799-2553, and we'll reach out ASAP!
dank438
September 14th, 2020
Please. I am honestly begging you. I will do whatever you want. If you just ask me to look it up BEFORE I fill the script. Don't wait for the price from your insurance. If you think it will be high and you have the card or phone or whatever ready: call ahead. Ask them to compare the prices for you. It will save us both a LOT of time. It does not take 20 seconds, as that commercial may suggest, to change the price for you. My soul dies a little each time I scan out a script and then they pull out their little card. (Also highly do not recommend using the cards. Print it out. At my pharmacy we use our phones for you, but i know a lot of places wont do that, so if u want the EXACT price you found - print it. They change the cards)
tonyl470
October 17th, 2020
Was charged $35 just so they could tell me they don't prescribe meds out for men for a infection should have been told this before I filled everything out and paid thanks
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hi Tony! We're so sorry for the inconvenience. After investigating further, we'd recommend seeing your doctor or going to an urgent care today. Would you be able to sign in to your account and send this message there? This way we can verify your account to provide you with a refund as an apology for the inconvenience. To access that - Sign In to your account and click Messages. Give us a call at (415) 237-1378 if you need help finding the secure message portal.
marisas31
January 6th, 2020
Often times the prescription price isn't anywhere near the coupon price and the company doesn't seem to care considering it would be an easy app edit to add a "send feedback" so they could make an attempt to correct the price difference. It says to have the pharmacy call if it doesn't work but they they don't. It's a real hassle to switch your schedule 1 (narcotic) prescription when goodrx or the pharmacy are wrong. If they had a "feedback" option this review would be going there but GoodRx isn't great at automated customer service.
GoodRx R. – GoodPx Rep
Hello Marisa--We’re very sorry if you experienced trouble using our coupons at the pharmacy. Our Advocacy Team would love to look into this for you immediately and ensure this is resolved! Please contact us at 888-799-2553 and we will get started.

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day