Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2017 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

dianneh2
7/13/18

I had no problem using it. I needed refills for 3 prescriptions at Kroger. My current insurance does not have prescription coverage. I searched each prescription on GoodRx, printed my coupons and went to Kroger. No problem with Kroger, they said GoodRx is great. I saved a bunch of money.

teresah167
6/27/18

My prescription was so expensive through Medicare. My friend told me about GoodRX Gold. I m so thankful. I was going to be charged $118.00 for a 30 day supply. Asked Doctor for a paper prescription vs faxing to Pharmacy, so I could check pricing. Whoa, $30.00. Less expensive than noted on goodRX website. Customer Service is also great. What a savings so far. Thank you GoodRX!

aaront78
6/20/18

I went to hyvee pharmacy to get gemfibrozil because goodrx had them as the lowest price. i went in with the good rx coupon and my prescription, was told it was $192 without insurance so i pulled out the goodrx coupon and the price was reduced to 17 dollars. WOW. to be honest i wouldn't have been able to afford it without goodrx

williamc593
6/13/18

No one accepts their coupons... Walmart regular price with no discount card or insurance is $10.00 Cheaper then the GoodRx coupon

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello William. You know that we list all those Walmart $4 and $10 prices, right? We always want to make it right, and we'd be happy to talk to you and make sure you're all good. Every major US pharmacy happily accepts GoodRx. Please email help@goodrx.com.
cjd14
6/8/18
• Updated review

I have my receipt. Walmart's "regular" price is lower than your reported "regular price for Walmart" and even lower than your "discount price for walmart" and I didn't have to do anything to get that cash price.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We list Walmart's "regular prices" and we talk to them regularly. Yes, you're right - you don't have to do anything. We'd love to look into this if you'll give us a chance - please email help@goodrx.com?
“Not a lower price.”
6/6/18
• Previous review

Walmart cash price as well as several local pharmacies cash prices were less than GOODRX coupon "discount" price shown for that store. Actually, the "discount" price shown at GOODRX is the full name brand price quoted by the manufacturer and the "normal" price shown on GOODRX is far more than that quoted by the manufacturer for name brand. Not sure what all the hype is about. .

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - I think you're confused. We list Walmart cash prices for prescriptions. I think you've got your facts wrong. We'd love to help - help@goodrx.com
lynns219
6/7/18

I've been using Good Rx with good results for months. Today I pulled up the coupon and it showed my RX was $19.59 at my pharmacy. The pharmacy put the info in and it was $26.02. they verified the name/dosage/quantity were correct in the coupon. They then said this has been happening a lot lately. I called Good RX and they pulled the RX and my pharmacy up and said it showed too be $25.42.

This is ridiculous. I'll stick with Blink

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Lynn. Our prices are quite accurate, and this story doesn't seem to make sense. We'd love to look into it and also make it right by you. Please email us at help@goodrx.com if we can assist. And please note that other programs aren't accepted at many pharmacies.
aimiem
6/6/18

I had a prescription to pick up at Walgreens and the cost was $118!!! I started researching and found GoodRx and downloaded the app. I looked up the medication and it showed a card with several different numbers....member ID, Group number, BIN number, and PCN. I called Walgreens and asked if they take GoodRx coupons, they said yes! I asked if I could give her all the info over the phone and she said sure and got all the info from me. She then says ok that coupon brought your prescription to $52. I was so elated! Picked it up that evening and paid $52!!! Its definitely worth trying. This is not a scam! I was embarrassed to ask after reading some of the reviews but so glad I did!!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the wonderful feedback.
nancyc382
6/3/18

tried to get my dog's calcitriol filled at walmart and the pharmacist said they couldn't honor the coupon because they don't have an NPI number. i need to get this med for my dog before he has another seizure.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - the pharmacist is incorrect - Walmart changed their policies on this a few months back and it should work now. We can help - help@goodrx.com and we'll get this sorted out correctly ASAP.
richardc171
6/2/18

I am not sure what this site or company is all about. I have checked their pricing and it is all wrong. When I contact them they indicate that they have not updated their pricing. I have attempted to utilize their coupons three times and each time it has been declined by the pharmacy with the comment that the coupon price is lower than their cost so obviously they cannot honor that price.
I honestly think this is a scam, not something when it comes to life saving medications.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi. More than 8 million people use us to save each month, and we'd like to help you too. Our prices are accurate. Would you mind emailing help@goodrx.com so we can assist you? Sounds like there's some confusion here, and we're quite good at sorting it out.
cathym214
5/25/18

Tried to get Amantadine for my dog at Walgreens. They can't process it without an NPI number from the vet. Vet doesn't have an NPI number only a DEA number. Called GoodRX and was told to tell the pharmacist to put the DEA number in the NPI slot. She couldn't do that. Said they could sell it to me for $112 dollars instead of the GoodRX quoted price of $39.05. Had to drive to pharmacy to show coupon and they ran it again and still couldn't get the 39.05 without the NPI number. Went home called GoodRX and now it is being sent to the cooperate level. I need this straightened out soon before I run out of meds for my dog. So not sure how to rate them at this point since this is my first experience. GoodRx keeps saying they have to honor the price and WalMart says they can't process it so not sure what to do. HELP>....

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Cathy - we have reached out to both you and the pharmacy to make this right. We expect it to all work out and you to get the discount price you were quoted; please check your email for more. Apologies for the pain; the pharmacist was confused about how to process pet meds.
dougw101
5/16/18

I own 2 pharmacies, I understand the pricing of generic medications. If Good RX is saving you tons of money (which it may) you need to find a new pharmacy that isn't ripping you off. Look for independently owned stores. They have the power to change prices and are usually going to give you a fair price and not charge you $150 over the cost of the med, which is what happens when you see a big price drop from Good Rx. Why not find a pharmacy that will give you a fair price from the start? I'd love to hear from you, I'll give you a quote and let you know my cost of the med your inquiring about so you can get an idea of what a good price is. I'm tired of these stupid games.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the feedback.
michaelg658
5/12/18

PharMacy: Giant. Printed a GoodRX coupon yesterday for a prescription I just got. Gave the pharmacist the scipt and coupon....she said OK, be about 15 minutes. Picked it up and low and behold it was a dollar less than the coupon!! Here is the kicker believe it or not: price paid was $16.66. The regular retail price printed on my paperwork was $534.09. Im still stunned. Unbelievable.

michelleg287
5/11/18

I was able to use the coupon for a controlled substance (Adderall) here in Scottsdale AZ, via CVS. As a single parent...one income, the savings were astronomical! I recommend to anyone. Call ahead to your pharmacy as Wal Greens did not accept for controlled substance where as CVS in Target store did.

richardi28
5/8/18

Trying to get a prescription filled at a Drug Chain mandated by my drug insurance carrier, I stumbled onto GoodRX and filled out a coupon from their website for my drug. I learned that this slip of paper might fill the prescription at a lower price than I could obtain with my insurance plan. But the drug chain would NOT fill it at anything but an inflated price--even with the insurance discount taken. I called the number on the coupon for GoodRX to step in and help.
A pleasant, intelligent, persistent woman--Michelle-- became my GoodRX helpmate.She phoned the pharmacist at the chain branch I was having trouble at and was insulted! She tried another branch store in another town 20 miles away and was told THAT I DID NOT EXIST (they could not verify my birth!). So Michelle phoned a third store, 20 miles in another direction. Success: They did not use my existing drug insurer, but filled it from the prescription copy the initial store had received--and filled it for me for 52% less than the price the first store had insisted was correct.
I'm writing this to praise both GoodRX and their super hard-working, persistent, problem-solver, Michelle.
Thank you both!
--Richard, Tunkhannock, PA--

ellend52
5/5/18

GoodRX Gold was exceptional! It's the pharmacies that need to be educated. Initially CVS refused to apply the discount as they said my ID # did not exist. Within 15 minutes Alexis at GoodRX Gold customer service had solved the issue with them and my prescription was filled at the cost quoted to me by GoodRX which was $83 less than the cost at CVS without the card. It did take an extra 15 minutes BUT CVS says that they have the info on file for future refills so there shouldn't be future delays!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the kind words! Not sure why the pharmacist was confused, as we work closely with CVS, but happy it got resolved. :)
richm90
5/4/18

i checked out the pricing of several meds I use daily. For example the metformin was 10.00 at good rx, its free at Publix (grocery store) pharmacy and 2.00 at the local pharmacy. The other meds I checked were similarly priced higher. Another example was Victoria, goodrx was over 800.00, I pay 80.00 through mail order.
So I wont be using goodrx ever!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
HI Rich - We list the Publix price you mentioned above; not sure how you missed it as it's clearly indicated. We don't show local pharmacies, that's true, because we adhere to specific safety and licensing standards. So...appreciate your review, but we actually have most of the information you discovered...next time, reach out to us before you say negative things?
jm407
4/30/18

I almost didnt bother because of all the negative reviews. So glad I decided that it wouldnt hurt to try. I am so skeptical of all the scams out there. I work for a major news channel and would not have bothered to write this review if it was less than a great experience. So simple! It really is an amazing money saver. I asked for my Dr. to prescribe a generic equivalent to save money. When I called to see if it was ready I asked what the total would be and was floored when she told me it was over $500. I asked if she was sure that was for the generic version and she said yes. I Googled prescription coupons and Im so glad I found GoodRx! It gave me a list of what it would cost for my prescription at a number of different pharmacies and it said it would be $19 and some change for the exact same prescription. I Googled Is GoodRX a scam. I called the Jewel-Osco Pharmacy and asked if it was legit. They said yes. I entered only my email address and they emailed me the coupon to show the pharmacy. I went and picked up my prescription and confirmed that it was the EXACT same medicine. He said yes and explained how it worked. I showed the coupon and I paid $20 and got change back. Over $500 in savings!!!! Walked out of there thinking I cant wait to write a review to tell everyone that its 100% legit. Please try it! It wont hurt to try. I promise! So simple!

Tip for consumers: Cannot emphasize enough how easy it is and what amazing savings you get!!! 100% Legit! No longer skeptical!

alm616
4/28/18

Got coupons for Rx at my pharmacy: they don't take them. Got coupons at several other pharmacies: none would take them. Most were polite enough not to laugh in my face. Don't know how they get good reviews unless they write them themselves.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We work closely with all our pharmacies and we can resolve any issue you’ve had. Please email help@goodrx.com
dianed147
4/25/18

I save over $300.00 every month on my prescription, without goodrx coupon my script can run from $425.00 - $500.00, with the coupon I pay $45.00 for 14 pills times 2 for a months supply which is less than $100.00. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE GOODRX AND RECOMMEND IT EVERY CHANCE I CAN. I recommended at Rite Aid today for an elderly lady who was questioning the price of her script and asking about a coupon or something, I told her about Good rx and she couldn't believe it and thanked me up and down. Not sure why the pharmacist didn't tell her about it but they didn't and weren't so happy that I did, oh well!!

libbyh6
4/24/18

I paid 80.00 for an RX last week. Hubby got out the Good RX card he had picked up at a grocery store and took it back to the pharmacy. The pharmacist gave him 70. Cash back, no questions. I am not affiliated with this company in any way.

ce2918
4/23/18

Received a goodrx discount card from my doctor for a medication - checked the price on line and then went to the pharmacy - the cost was $60 more than the goodrx website listed it. went back home, submitted my info on their website, they quoted me the same price and then sent the pharmacy the coupon. Called the pharmacy today and was told it is incorrect and they will not fill it for that price. Called GoodRX and was told that CVS is "contractually obligated" to fill the rx at the listed website price. waited on hold for 30 minutes while the goodrx rep called CVS directly only to be told by the rep when she cam back on the line that goodrx has the prices listed incorrectly and they will have to "open a ticket" such bull$#*!. the rep was very nice and tried to be helpful but it's clear this is a scam. I wasted over 2 hours with the calls, and the visit to CVS etc. another company trying to get your info to use it for marketing etc. STAY AWAY

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi CE - Sorry to hear about your issues. GoodRx prices are accurate - it sounds like there may have been some confusion between a GoodRx card and the coupons we offer at the pharmacy. We'd love to help and want to make this right - can you send us a message either here or at help@goodrx.com?
katiea48
4/21/18

After my "D" I didn't have traditional health Insurance. I called around and asked pharmacies for the price of Latisse. I could not afford $170 for a 5ml supply. GoodRx helped me get Bimatoprost Ophthalmic (Latisse generic) for $66.00. I was beyond thrilled! The GoodRx customer service rep was fantastic as well! Thank you!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thanks!
melissas290
4/17/18

My medicine was going to be $359, I used the goodrx coupon and paid $16.08!!!!! Just now!!! NO LIE!!! Thanks so much

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
yay!
lees215
4/14/18

Because of allergies to other common meds for my condition, my doctor ordered a high dosage tab of Amoxicillin for me. My Humana plan via Walmart wanted $380 for a 10-day supply of pills. I was stunned as it was not affordable and would go without it (am retired). Walmart Pharma said it was an unusually high dosage and didn't carry it. To Walmart's credit, they mentioned I should try GoodRx and said it might be cheaper but would not count toward my Humana deductible. They also called other local pharmacies on GoodRx to see it they could locate one with this dosage. They directed me to another pharmacy in the area and that same prescription cost $99 there with GoodRx. GoodRx saved me $281 and I was able to get this live-saving medicine!

jessicam369
4/5/18

I spent a lot of time researching where I could get my prescription cheapest, and decided to have the script written for a Walgreen's Pharmacy solely because GoodRX 's app stated that the medication would be $66. I checked on the price regularly for a few weeks before my doctor sent the script over, and when I went to pick it up I was told it would be $167 (which is the cash price of the drug). I called multiple pharmacies and ended up calling GoodRX; the representative was very polite and helpful, but basically said "the prices listed are estimates and are infrequently updated, so it's definitely possible that your medication is actually $167 even though I can see that our app currently lists it as $66."

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
If someone told you that, they are incorrect and we'd like to make it right. Our prices are accurate and are updated daily. Please email help@goodrx.com?

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Please email customer service at help@goodrx.com for more assistance with this question.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Our price is closer to $17 - see here: https://www.goodrx.com/potassium-chloride-er?drug-name=potassium+chloride+er

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

We want to help - Please direct your question to help@goodrx.com. Thanks.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

GoodRx?