Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

janisa5
1/9/18

I highly recommend this if you have no prescription insurance!!! It compares prices at many ltiple pharmacies in your area to get the best price for you

joanc86
1/9/18

I could not afford my prescription (I have no insurance). I got the goodRx card and my prescription was only $10 for 90 day supply and I was so happy I could afford to take it then. Today I went to pick up my prescription and the price jumped to $114. I have to take the brand name so I can't take the generic brand which is much cheaper so I may have to go with my prescription now and I really need it.

andream183
1/4/18

Saved me lots of money and time on pricing my area for the best deals. I have used it now for a few years and it is very useful

daniels373
1/3/18

Have used this service before with no problems. Today I was surprised that Walgrens refused to offer the price stated on the app. This was after I confirmed the price with the pharmacist prior to giving them the RX. When I went to check out the price jumped $12. Called the number on the GoodRX card only to be told that "our prices are only estimates". Wasted over an hour of my time as did the Walgreen personnel trying to help. With over 8,000 stores you would expect that GoodRx would try to be more accurate. It is not the $12 but it is the scam being perpetrated. Could find nothing on the website stating the prices shown are only an estimate. Disappointed. Dan S

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - our prices are generally accurate, but some of our coupon partners changed their prices on 1/1. We can make this right for you - please email help@goodrx.com? Apologies for any difficulty.
mikem604
1/3/18

Do NOT use this app. It is nothing but a SCAM to get you into a pharmacy so they can give you some lame excuse why the price for an epipen (for example - just one of five attempts at using this scam app) at Walgreens is NOT $126.38 as advertised but actually over $358.00 to $663.00 at CVS and not 142.75. (think i am kidding, try zip code 85204 and see. But rest assured when you get to the bottom of the list where the price is right there at retail everywhere on the planet. Bingo! NOW ITS AVAILABLE AND ACCURATELY PRICED. and ALWAYS in stock.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Mike - sounds like you had an issue - we’d love to help - please email help@goodrx.com?
lindah354
1/2/18

I have saved a lot of money with this card over other discount cards; however, the pharmacy will not always give you the quoted price. Compared to other discount cards I have used, the savings are better with GoodRx, but it's impossible to know which card saves you the most without running every card you have, which no one will do. At this time, I still think it is the best discount available and if the comparisons are accurate, I have saved hundreds of dollars using this card.

dorism37
12/29/17

Have used coupons at Walmart many times but this last time was awesome. My prescription of Valsartan 80 mg for 90 days was quoted at $328. I found a coupon online for 90 days 80mg of Valsartan for $113. Took it in to Walmaet pharmacy and they honored the coupon. A savings of almost $200.00.

allent36
12/27/17

I took 3 coupons to two different pharmacies in my town. Both pharmacists told me this is a come on. They may give you the discount once, then goodrx doesn't pay the pharmacy when you go back for refills. I will not waste time to continue this research.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Allen - your pharmacist is mistaken. Our coupons work at virtually every pharmacy in the US. Sounds like these pharmacists would rather not give you the discounted price, despite their contract. We can help - email help@goodrx.com?
bethb88
12/18/17

I am so happy that I stumbled across this website. My insurance company quit covering my prescription face wash, which is part of the regimen to prevent recurrence of my skin cancer. Prior to this the copay was $50. It jumped up to $450 (yes, for a face wash)!!! I found a coupon from GoodRX-$46 from Costco, $68 from Walgreens. I went to Walgreens because it is much more convenient and they already know me. Although they didn't tell me about the coupon when I told them I couldn't get the wash, they did honor it immediately when I presented one. No questions or arguments. I'm so happy that I can continue to use this product!

francisl30
12/18/17

A great tool to price shop other options over your co-pay rate. I have found a few of prescriptions prescribed to be less then insurance. It is not always lower but a smart way to save money.

danw129
12/17/17

I have had an issue with both CVS and Walgreens not honoring the price quoted on coupon that is printed out with current date. I changed from Walgreens (because no one knew how to enter the coupon to get quoted price) to CVS. Today I go to CVS and they will not honor the price quoted on line today.

GoodRx Please stop misquoting the price or give us the name of a Drug store that will guarantee to honor the price.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi. Our prices are accurate and set by contracts the pharmacy agrees to accept. Please email help@goodrx.com if you’ve had an issue?
lynna75
12/16/17

Thanks to the suggestion of a pharmacist at Walgreens, I googled for a coupon for my prescription and found GoodRx. I saved $60 with the coupon. Suggestion for US consumers: when using this coupon tell them you'll be using the coupon vs your insurance.

annm285
12/7/17

When it looks too good to be true...it is. A prescription that usually costs $150-280 had a coupon on GoodRx for $12.34. Wasted a lot of my pharmacist's and my time because the price I would be charged was $156. Switch and bait!! Don't bother....go to Canadadrugs.com or affordablefdrugs.com or northdrugstore.com.

Note: I don't believe there was an error because a second drug in the same family that is even more expensive showed similar savings but proved not to be. In addition, I called Goodrx 2 times to verify the validity of the coupon and was told the coupon would work. After my pharmacist tried to process it, the coupon value changed. I called a 3rd time after this and interestingly, the value on the coupon changed and the person I spoke with was rude.

I have been buying drugs in Canada for several years whenever it effects a savings for me and have had no problems with legality. It is well known that unless it is a controlled substance, they look the other way. Kind of like illegal immigration. It's illegal but it's been going on for decades. I don't see any threat trying to save money by purchasing from Canada. It's name brand manufacturers. You can also go to Mexico and purchase many drugs without a prescription. It's quite a savings. When the drug companies decide to stop being greedy, then consumers will have no reason to take their business outside the country or get sucked in by these unreliable websites.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hmm. A few things to consider:

1) We'd love to help resolve your issue, as there was clearly an error and we can make this right.
2) Be aware that purchasing Rx's from Canada is currently illegal.
shelleyc41
12/4/17

I save 120 a month a on prescription or 50% of the cash price. But some things I have learned and may explain some of the reviews.
1) While goodrx has a partnership with walgreens, most of the time the pharmacists have no idea how the discounts work or are possibly encouraged to be short-change artists. I am hopeful its just the former.
I had one pharm tell me Goodrx doesnt pay their bills so their card is not honored anymore. They obviously had no idea how discount rx programs work.
After i proved him wrong, he apologized.
Another said, "we dont accept that here". if that happens, do not take no for an answer at least for me $120 was worth fighting for. Usually a pharmacy manager is helpful in this instance, ask to speak to them. You can also call Goodrx when you are at the pharmacy and hand the phone to the pharmacist. At first, this whole process is very annoying but as time goes on you will have less problems(provided you always go to the same walgreens).
2) Make sure you tell them that you do not want the script to go against your insurance deductible. I have been told by walgreens that you cannot get the discount/coupon and apply the amount paid against your deductible. While this may be wrong I have found this to be the only way the discount or coupon goes thru.

carolw155
12/4/17

I had been waiting for a authorization from insurance for this medication. Almost 3 weeks later still waiting and find out that the Dr had been sitting on it. Then found out Dr was gone for the week. So I searched around as this med was quoted to me as 127 dollars. No way. So I found GoodRx put my info in and it said 29.94. I saw that my pharmacy Albertsons was part of GoodRx and took it over and gave the pharmacy the info and it was exactly that price. It was also a controlled substance which Albertsons had no problem with. Thank God for GoodRx, seriously saved a bundle.

Tip for consumers: All the reviews I have read are usually a pharmacist issue and not filling controlled substances or not honoring the price contract with GoodRx should be reported. I made sure when I got my quote I knew exactly the strength, amount etc so there would be no surprises.

tiffw1
11/30/17

Goodrx worked great for me, I been using it for awhile at walmart, walgreens and cvs and it has worked everytime. My docter gave me a prescription for 20 pills and the RX coupon was only for 9 so cvs let me get the 9 pills for only 15 dollars and I can go back at a later date to get another 9 with the coupon. I have also got prescription from walmart with Goodrx for only 4 dollars so it worked great for me

nancym218
11/30/17

What's up with the negative reviews? I've used GoodRx many, many times and only had a problem once. Using the card didn't get me as large a discount as using the coupon, but the pharmacist actually looked up the coupon price and honored it. Every single time I've used the coupon I got huge savings! I have no idea why some people would complain about this wonderful program, but don't turn away because of the negative comments here. I've saved hundreds of dollars through GoodRx. Maybe these people can't figure out how to use a coupon! And by the way, the website is very easy to use. One word of caution: Make sure you check the prescription strength and the number of pills. The coupon does need to match your actual prescription. (Maybe this is where some people went wrong? All you have to do is read, people. It's really not hard at all.)

sandrap135
11/23/17

The prescription must be for the exact number of pills you advertise. Tried to use this and was told by the Pharmacy that is the "gimmick". Also had to drive into another state to use this particular Pharmacy with the "so called" savings. Did not save anything but cost me more in gas.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Nothing you say above is true; sounds like your pharmacist just didn't want to give you the savings. We can help - email help@goodrx.com. Happy thanksgiving!
vld
11/22/17

Everything I went to use it for ! Oh sorry we don't cover that! You have to pay the cash price. Oh yes we have that but we can't cover that you have to pay the cash prices. Both CVS and Smiths same thing save your money it's a BIG COME ON , we'll save you money on aspirin lol I called and demanding my money be returned!! I would rate a minus if I could that why it's only getting a 1

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hmm. Doesn't make any sense. We work closely with every major pharmacy. What money do you want returned? Please email us at help@goodrx.com - we can make it right.
janetm134
11/18/17
• Updated review

Yes, they did reach out. And LISTENED to me. I was impressed that Doug Hirsch, the CEO, took time to email and look into my situation. He offered me $20 in compensation--but I really only wanted $10--the amount that I actually spent over and above the coupon quote. And he promised to commend the customer rep that was so helpful. They did the right thing.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the additional post, Janet. Appreciate it.
“Not worth the time or effort”
11/13/17
• Previous review

First time I tried it. Coupon was $18 for 30 days of generic Effexor ER. Got to the pharmacy (Target CVS) and they told me the GoodRX price was $55. Big difference--over 3 times higher. The pharmacist found me a cheaper price from another source. When I reported the difference to GoodRX, they confirmed that their coupon price was in error. They told me I could go back across town and probably get a refund for maybe $7. And for my time and gas expense--they offered me a $5 Amazon gift card. REALLY?

Tip for consumers: UPDATE: I sent a PM as requested by Good RX in their response to my post. They haven't bothered to answer.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
This makes us sad to see. Our prices are very accurate, and if you've had an issue, we can make it right. Can you send us a message so we can ensure you're happy?
marlonc7
11/16/17

I wished it did work, lol. Printed off the discount drug coupon. Went to Walgreens and ordered prescription and gave discount drug coupon to when ordering. Went back next day and the price was the same as it was prior ($230 vs $91 Goodrx). Emailed Goodrx and they sent back 3 or 4 emails from different people that said the same thing. Basically that each pharmacy can choose to honor coupon or not. Guess what, none do. I tried Walgreens and then went to Kroger,,,nada, zip, zero, nope. I ask Goodrx to call Walgreens. Gave them all the details they asked for. Nope, no call. Just crickets. It really is too good to be true.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - we can help (and sorry for your experience so far). Thousands of people use GoodRx each day without issue. Can you email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back within a few hours?
bernies24
11/15/17

Been using GoodRx over a year now. I am taking around nineteen prescriptions now with no insurance. GoodRx as saved my life without them I would never be able to afford my Meds. THANK YOU GOODRX..........

karenb345
11/12/17

I was trying to get a non-narcotic prescription filled for a friend of mine who has no insurance and no money to get a $200 prescription of Colchicine filled. I followed the directions, took the coupon to Walgreens and the pharmacist spent over 20 minutes trying to validate the coupon. I was never able to use it. The pharmacist went on to tell me that a huge percentage of these third-party prescription fillers are just scams. It was a huge waste of time and I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to save my friend. The site quoted an $80.21 prescription price. What a joke.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hmm. We work closely with Walgreens and our coupons are based on contracted rates with the pharmacy. I think there was a misunderstanding with the pharmacist and we’d like to help - can you email help@goodrx.com so we can make this right?
marges16
11/8/17

Maybe I did something wrong but the prices GoodRx found for the Advair 250/50 that I use is 3x MORE expensive than what I pay: $367 for 1 mo. I pay $350 for 3 month supply! ??

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
That’s correct. Advair is a brand drug and it’s hard to find good savings - although we do offer manufacturer coupons and other savings tips. We save tons on generics and we can help a bit on brands when you don’t have good coverage - it appears you have very good insurance and, in this case, you should use it!
jl221
11/4/17

Went to my doctor on Thursday, he sent a prescription for a drug not covered by my insurance to a pharmacy, showed me how to install the GoodRx on my phone. Later, looking at the coupon on the GoodrRx app on my phone, found that the pharmacy he sent it to "doesn't accept coupons". Fair enough, called the doctor's office, they resent it to a Kroger's pharmacy near me. Walked in, showed them the coupon on my phone and bingo, I had my drugs for a fraction of what it would cost without the coupon. Easy as could be. Great site, great service. Almost too good to be true ( I WAS skeptical at first, but I'm a believer now)

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thank you so much. Appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Happy you had a great experience using GoodRx!

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GoodRx