Review of Express Scripts

Express Scripts reviews

Tel: +1-800-920-2828
uspto@express-scripts.com

Legitimate

Express Scripts has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

derekc109
7/12/19

Yikes!

On two different occasions, I've tried to fill an expensive medication. The first time I called 4 times and got 4 different prices. The second time I called 6 times.

They process orders and send things without confirming we need them, then send a bill. There is NO way to prevent them from doing this apparently.

Customer service is often clueless or slow.

They have screwed up our orders on multiple occasions.

There are some very serious issues with this company - I suspect their tech systems are ultimately at fault based on the issues. This is the single worst pharmacy insurance I've ever dealt with.

edr204
7/2/19

They never get the medication out before you run out. You have to call them multiple times to make sure they send it. Always at least one to two weeks late, their answer is it is being processed. If you have an option work with a different pharmacy.

jamess173
6/25/19

I just called Express Scripts Customer Service today because they shipped me a medication that I do not take. They refused to take the charge off of my account. I called my doctor's office and they told me they did not place the order. The persons working at CS and the Supervisor are very stubborn and UNhelpfull. Refuse to help = NO customer service. I'm annoyed with Express Scripts.

joans277
6/23/19

...to expand on my pevous review this company has an F rating on BBB. They did not mail my medication for more than a month. Blamed me for not calling earlier and my Doctor for submitting the claim incorrectly he had sent it in perfectly. I was forced to use old and expired medication and then they refused to mail mine out until I paid a $10- balance overphone by credit card! I told them I only pay them by check as their are numerous complaints of unauthorized transactions by them. Nope, I had to pay or no medication. F rating you earned it!

tomn130
6/6/19

They have arbrarily decided that a prescribed medication I 've been on, for decades, now needs "prior authorization".
They can think of different reason to delay covering a prescription, and seem determined to waste the time of their clients and their clients' physicians with pointless demands of "have your doctor contact us, etc."
I don't know of they are farming out the handling of their customer service line to Mexico, but a translator would be helpful if you know anyone who speaks Spanish.
So that's ( language) one barrier. The pharmacists seem to understand why a particular medication is indicated, but they may or may not have accurate records of medicines they themselves previously filled.
Accredo appears to be have authority over what a pharmacist can or can't fill. They are worthless in all respects except their speciality of wasting people's time.
It's difficult to tell is the people at Express Scripts are stupid, incompetent, or both.

janetd191
5/30/19

Express scripts fills generic prescriptions from Manufacturers (mostly from India and China) who received violations warning letters from the FDA. The one company they used to fill my generic Lipitor RX is Apotex.
Research it and you'll see Apotex Group's Indian manufacturing company, Apotex Research, picked up a warning letter from the Food and Drug Administration following an inspection last November that revealed a number of significant violations of current good manufacturing practices (cGMP). The company has been on import alert since April 2018. Always check to see who manufacturers you medicine.

stevens597
5/10/19

They don't cover anything. I literally use a prescription card I got in the mail instead. One medication was 120 with Express garbage and the free prescription card I got in the mail cut the price down to 30. So in short, your better off without Express script.

danl242
4/10/19

Hello to anyone out there do whatever you can not to use Express Scripts for you or your children's medicine. They have terrible service and will not work with you to resolve the issue.

debbik5
4/2/19

I would like to say thank you to the young man I spoke to this afternoon. He was able to resolve an issue that no one else could figure out for weeks. This young man is a true asset to your company. Debbi K

amandan106
3/12/19

ZERO stars is a more appropriate rating. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I have been on a controlled substance medication for over 10 years and my employer recently started requiring employees to using Express Scripts for 90 day supply medications. I mailed in my prescription, and it was ALLEGEDLY shipped over 2 weeks ago. Mind you I have gone without my medication all this time. I contacted USPS since I did have a tracking number and found out they never received the package from Express Scripts (a shipping label was printed and it was in the Pre-shipment phase). Of course Express Scripts is blaming the Post Office and would rather argue with me than come up with an acceptable solution. Every representative I have spoken to over the past 2 weeks has given me information that completed contradicted what the previous Representative/Supervisor/Social Media Relations told me and made false promises.

Express Scripts has taken ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY for losing track of where my medications are and will only send me a replacement after my Physician sends a new prescription (process time averages 5 days). So I did all of the leg work getting a new prescriptions. Well then Customer Service charged me $100 AGAIN and stated "We never told you the replacement would be free of charge" - "If your original order never arrives we will refill your next order free of charge, or you can request a refund in 30 days & it will be processed within 30-60 days"!!!

I am an Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse and as a healthcare professional it is absolutely terrifying to encounter this level of incompetence. Again, this medication is a controlled substance that very well may have ended up in the wrong hands. Today alone I was on the phone for over 3 hours and spoke to one fabulous Supervisor. Well, so I thought because later in the day when I called to follow-up the Supervisor's Supervisor told me everything I was told was FALSE and my replacement prescriptions were not valid so I will not be receiving my medication after-all. I am thankful that although it is an inconvenience I will not die from missing doses of this medication.

PLEASE DO NOT FILL YOUR MEDICATIONS WITH THIS SHADY COMPANY! I would not wish this nightmare on my worst enemy, and there is no solution in sight for me at this time.

ginaj30
3/5/19

I submitted a reimbursement claim over three weeks ago and this company has no record of it. Upon looking up my info, there was an incorrect account linked to mine. I asked if i should or could resibmit copies and the representative told me to just be patient. This is my first experience with a claim and needless to say it has not been satisfactory. If you have a choice, avoid this company!

lollym2
12/3/18

My body chemistry does not respond to generic progesterone. I have to use brand name, my physician has written do not substitute. I now have to pop at 492.00 per month. I appealed it and was denied literally in 2 minutes on the phone.

bradyq
11/13/18

Express Scripts do not care about a customers needs. Traveling out of town and forgot my meds. Express scipts would not help me get meds from a local pharmacy. Wanted to penalize me because I just had the med filled last month. I only need enough to get me through the week (4 tablets - 1 per day). Instead, they wanted to charge me an unreasonable cost for it. They are ok with leaving me stranded out of state from home without a medicine that is crucial to my heath.

elyses3
10/13/18
• Updated review

I've been updating my reviews. The last was an update & I was told I'd be contacted over 3 months ago to try to solve the issue. That is the problem, there's always another issue & no one cares to get to the bottom of it. A refill was done by mistake for something that I was told would be 100% fully covered. Only until I received this did I finally see a huge balance for 2 scripts. The first script had no balance & again when I spoke with someone previously it was said to be covered & if I'd known obviously I wouldn't have been in such shock! I tried to speak with several people & had to stop talking to them because of the harshness throughout. I called back a few days later & heard basically the same thing but at least the woman stopped long enough to listen, she finally did understand. I had no choice but to pay for the first medication & asked again about sending the second one back...I can't even take this anymore & would take responsibility for my mistake. However I couldn't understand why this company wouldn't take any for theirs. She told me that I would hear back from someone within 24-78 business hours...I explained I've heard that before. Needless to say this was over 3 months ago. I've had to use my monthly medications VERY sparingly since the website won't let me contact anyone, it keeps saying there are issues even though I'm able to view my account, just can't contact anyone. I also know that since I owe this money I won't be able to fill anymore medication through them & I truly dread speaking to anyone else in this company. They've told me they have no control over the prices, those are decided through the insurance companies & can change any minute so what they quote the customer is only a quote. I've been told they aren't allowed to take any medication back or do any refunds/credits, no matter what. Again, I wouldn't expect them to take medication back & give it to anyone else but in good faith to prove to them I (or any other customer) has not used what they sent & isn't trying to get away with anything...since they never seem to take our word then either give the credit (like I KNOW they can). There is NO reason to say they aren't allowed to give credit/refunds if they won't even look further into the situations & too many times these situations have been happening. Express Scripts stop making the customer do all this work, the work YOU should be doing. Why are your reviews so bad? Take a step back & start doing some quality assurance. I know I've asked MANY times to have my calls pulled.

“Choices...roll the dice on running out of medication or get a rep that doesn't care :(”
11/21/16
• Previous review

Honestly don't know what is worse, dealing with this company or being without my medication! BEYOND stressful because from yearS of experience I now must check up on every order & if I don't put in the "work" & follow up with EVERY step, I won't get what I need. They claim notifications are always sent out correctly but they are not. I can get a different answer from the website as well different representatives all in the same week. Have even had medication cancelled for no reason & again with no notice. One very bad situation they claimed medication was delivered at my door that was not, FACT! The latest..charges on my account & as soon as I saw them, trying to speak to several people the only answers were pay or I won't get anymore medication. If they could have overlooked something it may be my fault, when I see a mistake but will meet half way it's still my fault & it's very hard for them to take responsibility. I've been working for years to make sure everything is in order & have so many documented notes to prove all these facts but they don't seem to care, it's sad how much effort the customer must put in just for their medication to be received correctly...for a company who gets paid TO do this! I'm trying desperately to get myself off of medication, it's painful enough to suffer daily but worse every time I know I have to contact Express Scripts for any reason.

nicoled171
9/25/18

This is the most terrible company I have ever worked for. I have been here since February 2018 and can tell you if you have a choice of your pharmacy benefit manager, do NOT choose this place. I have never met a company with such low morals. I get penalized for trying to help patients and actually put in an effort to get them what they need. Its completely unethical and unintelligent for a place that gives a 3 week training course and suddenly were supposed to decide which medications are relevant for a patient over a doctors order and experience. I hope as a mother that they never have to experience being told no to even LIFE saving medicines because the questions for authorization were answered "incorrectly." I can assure if you have ever had the pleasure of receiving me as your authorization rep, you were not disappointed because unlike most of the people in this company I am not cold hearted. I will go out of my way to help any patient and rest assured it is NOT for this $#*!ing companies benefit. I cannot stand by while I have a husband, wife, child, elder or any person crying or screaming calling just to get what they need. I am so sorry for you recipients of this company, but if you ever have the pleasure my name is Nicole and I will go to any lengths to help you, express scripts you can $#*!ing fire me if you want I don't care anymore.

deborahk138
8/28/18

This is THE last time I give Express Scripts a chance. I paid for my meds on Aug 5th, got one prescription 3 days later. The second one still isn't here. The pharmacist yesterday said it was mailed out on Aug 21st. So today I called them back, it seems my pills are lost somewhere in Texas. Express Scripts gave me the routing # and more or less washed their hands of the whole problem. It's up to ME to call and find out where my pills are. WTF is up with that?

charlesm472
7/13/18

ExpressScripts sent me a letter to Prior authorize a medication . 10 phone calls and multiple transfers + being cut off twice , I did get the job accomplished . I would still like to talk to someone that is compentent !! Needless to say, they do not offer a complaint department or anyway to accept suggestions OR anyway to discuss issues with a human being !!!!!!!

tiffanyn36
6/19/18

Was charged a copay I was not informed of when making my order (that was previously covered in full)... until I recieved two automated calls that sounded like a scam from a number that did not show up when searched for on google. When I finally had time to call I was told I did indeed owe money and it had been 2 months and at a total of 90 days my debt would be sent to a collection agency.

Matter was not helped with I asked for a full name or ID from the representative and was told that she could only give the first letter of her last name and did not have an ID #. Twenty minutes later talking to a manager (as I was having a hard time paying online and did not fill comfortable giving my card information to someone without a full last name or ID#) and wait wait WAIT everyone has an ID# according to the manager...

Will never return to express-scripts and if ever brought up will discourage their use. DO NOT recommend express scripts under any circumstances.

bonnieq3
6/14/18

Been waiting for a rx that my doctor ordered 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I get it before I die. Crazy. It's just a generic statin for cholesterol

cathyh110
5/10/18

I paid $4000.00 for 1 RX I have a $5600.00 family deductible Express Scripts only gave me $2800.00 credit towards my deductible. After 100 plus phone calls Blue Cross Blue Shield calling them they still will not give me credit for the entire amount I paid in January. So I am out $1200.00.

pattim60
5/8/18

My husband and I are saving a ton of money with Express Scrips. Wouldnt use anything else. Fast easy convenient cheap

josephc213
3/6/18

EXPRESS SCRIPTS!!!
I was sent the incorrect medication, Called to return it. Was told Return Envelope on its way just send it back then follow up with a call to make sure we credit your account... Yes thats correct I have to call... Fast Forward 4 weeks to Today. I call looking for said Return Envelope, Sorry sir we dont show a request for a return. Todays Call was with Erika.. Do you want to return or to dispose of the medication. Whats the difference?? Return you might get a refund, If we approve, Dispose is no refund Oh Ok. what are the terms of the Dispose option... I dont know she says I will have to trandfer you to the Disposal Department... Really???? We wil get back to you if we decide to approve the return. Do they have a drug for Bad Customer Service. Oh and one last thing, they ask if you can stay on the line for a quick survey.... That's only if you havd a Lovely Experence... I was cut off...

julier23
1/10/18

We have had many problems with Express Scripts in the past. They take at least 3 to 4 weeks to send out a prescription, so we are always in the position of paying ridiculously expensive expedited shipment charges. Furthermore, I have NEVER received my sleeping pill from them even though they say they have mailed it. I believe someone within Express Scripts steals controlled substances.

Our latest debacle with this company is that they told us we could no longer fill our prescriptions at Kroger, that Kroger was no longer in our plan. I contacted our company and this is not true. I called Express Scripts again and spoke with a different customer service rep who said that Kroger is in our plan, but if we use them instead of using Walgreen's or Express Scripts, we will incur a severe penalty.

I insisted on speaking with a supervisor. I told the supervisor I wanted a cost analysis of the cost to us of filling our prescriptions as Kroger versus Walgreen's. I already knew that every one of our prescriptions is cheaper at Kroger than at Walgreen's. At that point, the supervisor acquiesced and admitted that we could use Kroger without any penalty.

Obviously, Express Scripts makes a greater profit if the customer uses Walgreen's or Express Scripts instead of Kroger. The supervisor denied that his underlings were told to try to make customers use the retail outlets that are more profitable to Express Scripts, but I don't believe it. I told him the problem is one of the following: 1) Employees are told to shift customers to retail outlets that are more profitable for Express Scripts, which is dishonest; or 2) The employees of Express Scripts are very poorly trained and don't understand the prescription policies they enforce. Either explanation is a bad reflection on Express Scripts.

This is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. If you must deal with them, insist on speaking with supervisors only.

garys236
10/16/17

I wish I had another option for my prescription plan. I take a class 2 medication prescribed by my doctor for the past 5 years. Every year prior to this year, the medicine is renewed without a problem. This year, the appeal process is awful, almost as if they don't want to provide the coverage I pay for.

The first part of the renewal was denied because of a trick question. The second part of the renewal was denied because the medical records submitted with the first request was not forwarded.

I am now in the External Audit review. I have been without my medicine for over 30 days.

Express Scripts DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU.

pauly51
10/4/17

Since my wife and I are retired since 2006 we have found Express Scripts mail order to be the best bang for your buck for our prescription needs
Getting the medicine delivered to our door~
Having a great customer service to call is great too
Having a prescription with a 90 day supply saves money for everyone!
Thank you Express-Scripts for being there for us!

Questions? Get answers from the Express Scripts staff and other customers.

Express Scripts?