Review of Safeway

Tel: +1 877-723-3929
carl.menezes@safeway.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

Safeway has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

richardb877
11/25/18

I order on line for delivery between 5 PM an 9 PM. At 8:30 PM got a call that my delivery would be there between 9 PM and 10 PM. at 9:15 PM I got a call that they would not be able to deliver that night and given their 8 00 number to call to reschedule my delivery. When I call the 800 number they were closed. Called next morning at 6 AM and for delivery at 8 AM and was told they could guarantee the could deliver then. I ask why they didn't deliver last night and was told they don't make deliveries after 10 PM. When my order finally showed up (9 AM over 16 hours after it should have showed) it was missing several items and of the items I did receive the frozen items has started to thaw and the "fresh" chicken was frozen! It is now 1 PM the next day and I still haven't received all items I ordered. They were sure fast to charge my bank card for the charges, only wish they were as fast and correct on their delivery!!!!!

ss368
9/12/18

Title says it all. My groceries were supposed to be delivered between 3-4 pm. By 8:30, I had had enough waiting around and I cancelled the order. They inform me I have to wait 5 business days for a refund... I need that money now, to buy my groceries from someone else!! Never again!!

jillj10
8/13/18

This store had a really nice lady Store Manager named Kathy who busted her butt to improve the mess a male Store manager had made previously. She interacted with the public and was a positive influence on employees. What did Corporate do? They replaced her with a 'local boy' looking to improve his career. Male chauvinist corporate insensitive jerks! Don't work there and don't shop there. Safeway doesn't care about its employees or customers one bit.

jessicab312
2/27/18

I had to run to Safeway before my husband left for work to get medicine for my sick son. My total came to $16. I realized at check out that I forgot my ID and debit card. I had no way to pay and walked away sad. A nearby clerk saw my medicine and paid for the order for me so I could take it home! May God bless her!

melindaj11
7/17/17

I have been an avid Safeway shopper for many a year now. I loved to buy your fudge brownies then in a very short time the price went from $5 to $6 to $8. Now they sell for over $8 and well less than 1/2 the original weight in bite-sized pieces. What a RIP OFF to the customer. Like myself and many other purchasers of this product-I have had my fill. I no longer shop at Safeway as the store is and hasn't been for some time now for the customer but for the Almighty PROFIT. I inform others of this also and i know many feel and many have left Safeway due to your lack of customer care.

lindae82
5/8/17

I have shopped at the safeway store on cannon road for the last 6 years or better, in the last month, every time I have tried to get lunch meat out of the deli, I have had to wait 15 to 20 minutes to get help. I wait in front of the deli where the meats and cheeses are and wait and watch people who have come after me get waitted on for chinese food or whatever from the hot food department and the women from behind the counter wait on them and leave me waitting even though I was there first. Its rude, I finally had enough today. I went to complain to the manager and they gave me a bay boy to complain to. I know he was a bag boy because I've shopped there for over 5years and I know everyone who works there. My own neice works there thats why I started shopping there. When I finally did get to talk to the manager,[he just happened to check me out]. All he said was that he was sorry. my neice was working in foral and on my way out, i stopped to talk to her and the manager named Jay Betts came up to me and said I had to leave. I just got done spending $100.00 in his store. How rude was that. I will no longer shop Safeway, Plus I'm going to let everyone I know about the rude people who work at Safeway. No Longer A Loyal Customer......Linda Eagen

shelleyd10
2/27/17

I feel that the prices are more expensive than other grocery stores, and they don't seem to be very friendly. The pharmacy is very slow. I will definitely not be shopping there.

maryr159
8/8/16

I have shopped at safeway for years and within the last couple years (2014-2016) I have noticed the price at the shelf is NOT the price you get at checkout. When I questioned if I was going to get the 'discount' the clerk was curt with me and a heavy sigh states "It will all come off at the end maam'. It never did. I got home and realized I paid $18 for sparkling water that was supposed to be 3/$12. The meat had additional coupons that were not scanned. The price on the shelf was not what I got. I thought maybe this was just a 'bad checker' so I returned a week later and even told the other clerk about the price problem. He assured me I would get the 'discount' and so I believed him. I get home and see I did not get any of the discounts. I called the store and they say "well, bring in your receipt and we will fix it'. I live 25 miles out of town, I won't remember to bring in the receipt 2 weeks later, The point is, please, get it right the first time, The way they scan your items, it's impossible to watch and see if you get the discount, I think Safeway corp. designs it this way so they can confuse you or make you feel like you are holding up the line if you question an item. I will not shop at safeway anymore,

elaineo13
7/7/16

I would like to say that I have had my groceries delivered twice aweek for about 2 years and I have been very pleased with every thing, occasionally I have ordered something and it arrived a little different as I had thought it was number like 4 Carrots and have reseved 4 lb. but I made some delicious Carrot and Ginger Soup which was delicious.
If someone thing is missing a quick phone call and I am credited no questions asked and the customer service people are very helpful and pleasant. We live in Auburn WA and the drivers are all very very helpful.

michaela130
4/14/15

In recent times, I noticed that Safeway stores were well kept and organized, but they lacked certain things, as well. One is that there were many items that are common in King Soopers, Albertson's and elsewhere, but Safeway either rarely carried the item in question, or not at all. I'm talking about items that are commonplace. For whatever reason, Safeway doesn't always go as far as they could merchandise wise. Prices also leave much to be desired at times. The local grocery chain, King Soopers, always has bargains and much lower prices. Why they must charge more than Soopers is beyond me since they deal with the same basic vendors and suppliers. Why the difference? I understand that they are union, granted. But so are many of the other chains and they still can offer better deals. They also need to introduce sublet businesses that are geared toward cuisine and other services. Their staff is basically friendly and nice, though I have met a few grouches in my time.

Recommended for overall service, quality and reputation. Format of stores and prices could use adjusting.

warrene5
2,293 helpful votes
3/16/15

I have shopped at Safeway for many years buying mostly groceries and some medicines from the pharmacy in it. I can't think of any complaints about them. lol

robb413
6/28/13

Safeway has always been good.

On youtube, these kids were tossing milk up on purpose in safeway stores. They thought it was funny, now they got charged. Safeway though what I read handled it right, didn't make a scene and were very professional.

danaea
5/7/13

My area doesn't have the LET SOMEONE SHOP FOR YOU AND DELIVER IT BECAUSE YOU'RE LAZY feature, BUT it does populate coupons and deals specically matched to the stuff you buy.
It's easy to load your member card from the site and you can print out a shopping list.
The only thing I wish that it had was a way to organize the items/shopping list by AISLE in your chosen store. It's very mixed up and when shopping with two of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, you want to get in and out as quickly as possible so CPS doesn't get called from a epic mother meltdown in the fruitsnack aisle.

richardj5
12/17/12

This review is of the (central) customer service, not the markets.

Customer service either by phone or their Web form is incredibly useless. Why they encourage such communication is a mystery, as I've found on each of several occasions that it's just about impossible to get any information or help in that manner. You will lose your time and gain nothing but frustration.

bs8
1/7/11

I went here in need of home delivery which they offer in my area (I was caregiving for a relative and could not get out to shop). The selection was dismal -- pretty much only store brands -- and the prices were astronomical! I can live on pent butter sandwiches a lot longer before submitting to this highway robbery.

rodg
7/18/09

We buy all of our office supply / food from safeway.com and it is much easier than other online delivery services. Our office buys everything from paper towels to cases of diet coke and they deliver it right to our office. They also will give you free products via email if you order online. The delivery is free and there is no minimum fee. Everyone in the office can easily make their requests and add to the shopping list. Great service!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Safeway staff and other customers.

Safeway?