Review of ALDI

Muelheim an der Ruhr, NW 60510, DE

1 star

ericac80
10/8/18

I love ALDI! It's a smaller size, but the best place to buy your produce! Amazing prices and such a great help for families with a lot of mouths to feed!

noellew14
7/19/18

The stores were perfectly fine. Great selection, new inventory every week, great price/value/quality ratio- who cared that it was crowded, decidedly not spiffy, and with endless lines? It was the price to be paid for the perks and that was fine by me. Now the stores are all being renovated, the prices have spiked, common items like lemonade and raspberry jam are discontinued, and the lines are still long - and without the favorable cost/value/quality ratio that they had before, with attention to sales I can do just as well elsewhere. Why they would mess with a winning formula is beyond me. When my local store reopened, I gave it 3 tries -I wanted to be sure my impressions were consistent. They are. I am done.

bruisedw
6/26/18

I'm familiar with Aldi from my past residency in Germany. I'm happy to shop now at Brooklyn's Gateway location. Great prices and special endemic products offered not easily found elsewhere. But here is the problem... despite using horrible (labor) practices (worldwide) to bring low priced products to the masses... the quality is suffering greatly. This is especially true when it comes to produce. I envision that it is someone's responsibility to place a rotten unit or two into each package of strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries etc. On a separate note the so-called "fresh" fish (salmon) also seems to be suspiciously bad tasting.
Please do something about this Aldi and improve your quality control pronto. Otherwise, I will be routing for your demise and Lidl's rise!

elkeh1
3/8/17

Love the products and customer service and all the awesome prices that I can afford without feeling I am getting ripped off. Would recommend all their products and seen they carry brand names too now which they don't tend to do in Europe.

patrickc37
12/5/16

Aldi is a small grocery store, small enough to be efficient for customer. You can get in and out without having to walk 6 miles of store. Their carts are customer returned by the .25c deposit system which saves the store the expense of additional employees, these saving are passed on in their pricing. A lot of "store brands" are also cost effective. In a world where most try to be all things to everyone it is refreshing to see a brand focus on the simple clear mission - be a great grocery.

lauraj25
1/5/16

An adventure, a wonderful adventure inside a grocery store! The shelves were packed and the prices were more than reasonable; add the variety and then read the label; no MSG, no Colored Dye, quality product from the beginning to the last isle.Here is the big news, no huge prices on Organic foods, just fair and reasonable..Loved the Organic veggies, fresh bread, soup and decided to stock up, all delicious and inexpensive. Walmart is across the street is always filled with stress, rude employees, overworked employees, but not in ALDI. Maybe I just walked through a time tunnel where carrying about the customer, great products and kindness is the mission. More I didn't have to struggle to pay for my groceries they were well marked, fairly priced and stress free. Who ever is running this chain of stores must of taken notes from Costco management, its about the customer dummy not the billionaire owner.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the ALDI staff and other customers.

ALDI?