Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

genew18
2/5/18

ALWAS ask your pharmacist, "What is the LEAST amount of money for filling this prescription? The pharmacist may be contractually unable to give a customer the lowest rice UNLESS this question is asked. Then the confidentiality restraint goes away and assuming the pharmacist acts professionally, they MUST offer the lowest price.

Although the GoodRX (or other discount offer may have a lower price one must consider the lower price in terms of meeting a deductible. Often (usually) after meeting the deductible future prices MAY be lower. If (in some cases) a patient will not meet the annual deductible then it is a decision has to be made.

amit400
2/4/18

I just picked up Clonzepam1mg for 60 pills and I was changed 25.00 and i have never paid over 11.00 for this Rx in the past.. Something is not right!! This is bs.. I'm frankly getting tired of it!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Our prices are accurate and we’d love to help. Please email help@goodrx.com for support.
aprilr38
2/1/18

I have tried using prescription savings cards that didn't save me more than a couple of dollars, GOODRX actually saves me money! I just left the pharmacy saving $74.78 on a narcotic. When the price is looked up on the website I suggest calling the pharmacy and ask the cash price, then ask if they honor GOODRX for narcotic (if it is a controlled drug) some pharmacies don't honor because of this fact. The tech state that the price I'm quoted online bring that in and they will pit that in. After I educated myself on how Goodrx is able to pass the savings down to the consumer, I'm grateful to this genius idea! Highly recommend

angelaw155
1/31/18

I have goodrx app on my phone. When I look up prices, Walmart always tells me that price on my phone, is not what shows up on their computer. For example. I was at the ER today. I was given an antibiotic and pain med. the antibiotic on my goodrx app said $17.98 for ten tabs. Walmart, said they are seeing $29.32. I'm tired of these prices changing. I was told by an ER Doctor, that they have to honor what is on my app, but they don't. Other than that, goodrx has saved me money before.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hm. Something seems up, as our prices are very accurate and we work closely with Walmart. Would you mind emailing help@goodrx.com so we can dig in and see what's up?
timj28
1/30/18

I am astonished and thrilled that this worked just as you said. If your local pharmacy won't accept GoodRx coupons, ask them to transfer it to a Walgreens, RiteAide, Kroger etc. I really believe that about 85% of the reviews I read on the internet are fake, paid for or written by competitors so they can get a leg up on the competition. My business is highly competitive so I know how that works. Unless they are verified, they can't be trusted. Even then, nothing stops a friend of a friend from buying and writing a review to kick start a business. On Jan 29, 2018, the Tamiflu RX for 10 day 75mg supply would have been $102.00, with the GoodRx coupon, it was $58.00! I have already recommended your service and will blog it up! How do the drug companies get away with this? The clerk actually looked disappointed when sent the coupon through the drive-in window. Blessings and great Karma coming your way! Your name should be GREAT_Rx! Your ratings should be AAA+++!

Tip for consumers: This really did work, even at Walgreens. This coupon program didn't cost anything to join, saved me over $40.00 first time I used this service. Really needed the savings having the flu season hit right after the insurance co-pay reset in January. Tell a friend!

mattd104
1/24/18

Reading other reviews, I knew prices being accepted might be an issue. I looked up a medication the through my insurance was going to be $1000 for 90 day supply. GoodRx price was $440 for 90 days at a local pharmacy. I called the pharmacy to confirm that they would accept the coupon. They confirmed they would. I contacted my Dr. and had the script sent to the pharmacy. The next day I contact them to see if it was ready and they said that the price was going to be $600. I confirmed the medication and amount with them. I cancelled the script. I then went to GoodRx.com to see what the price is. Sure enough, the $440 price was gone. Now the lowest price is $450 at another pharmacy. I'm not going to waste my time to find out that that price won't be accepted. Maybe for lower priced scripts they might be good, but I can neither confirm nor deny. I'm not going to waste my time.

UPDATE: Here is the response from GoodRx to my issue: "While our prices are typically very accurate, they are subject to change and are only valid for as long as the price is listed on our site. Unfortunately, we are unable to predict when a coupon will update as it is entirely dependent on which coupon provider is offering the best price at a specific pharmacy."

In other words, if you print a coupon on day 1, then go to the pharmacy on day 2, they don't have to honor the coupon. It's possible that this is only an issue with high priced and special medications, but it's not worth it to me to play a guessing came on prices.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello Matt. Sorry to hear about your issues. Just to be clear, our prices are based on contracted relationships with pharmacies - if the pharmacist told you it wouldn't be accepted, they were simply incorrect. We'd love to help - email help@goodrx.com if you'd like to pursue.
sueh112
1/24/18

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect when I took the GoodRX "coupon" to Walgreens. Would I be told it didn't work? Would they look at it and have no idea what it was? Tried anyway since you DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. Showed the pharmacist and no problems. Saved about 100.00. Use it now whenever they are cheaper and never a problem.

uwsb
1/19/18

Have insurance and the goodrx price was 60 percent cheaper. Pharmacist stated it works but not always accurate. Not surprising since drug companies always changing there deals

normann10
1/18/18

You stated price of mupirocin 15g of 2% was $79.12 and Walmart charged us
$130.00. I don't like being ripped-off.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - our prices are accurate and we'll do whatever it takes to make this right. Please email help@goodrx.com so we can assist?
johnb747
1/14/18

I paid $12 on a perscription with a coupon through this site that my insurance was going to charge me $28 to fill . I called the pharmacy to confirm the legitimacy and the transaction went through great. This is definitely a good resource to have on hand when paying for drugs out of pocket.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the kind words!
diannew17
1/14/18

I have a GoodRx card and I checked the price of my medication on GoodRx.com and was quoted about $10. When I went to pick up my prescription the amount was $147! They ended up giving me their own pharmacy discount which was $20. So apparently this company cannot be trusted. Knew it was too good to be true.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello there. Sorry for your issues. When you see prices on GoodRx, they require you to print or present that coupon to the pharmacist. Your card will likely not offer the same discount, which is why it advises you on the card to go to goodrx.com for the lowest prices and discounts. We provide the cards for people who are unable to use our website or mobile app. Make sense?
janisa5
1/9/18

I highly recommend this if you have no prescription insurance!!! It compares prices at many ltiple pharmacies in your area to get the best price for you

joanc86
1/9/18

I could not afford my prescription (I have no insurance). I got the goodRx card and my prescription was only $10 for 90 day supply and I was so happy I could afford to take it then. Today I went to pick up my prescription and the price jumped to $114. I have to take the brand name so I can't take the generic brand which is much cheaper so I may have to go with my prescription now and I really need it.

andream183
1/4/18

Saved me lots of money and time on pricing my area for the best deals. I have used it now for a few years and it is very useful

daniels373
1/3/18

Have used this service before with no problems. Today I was surprised that Walgrens refused to offer the price stated on the app. This was after I confirmed the price with the pharmacist prior to giving them the RX. When I went to check out the price jumped $12. Called the number on the GoodRX card only to be told that "our prices are only estimates". Wasted over an hour of my time as did the Walgreen personnel trying to help. With over 8,000 stores you would expect that GoodRx would try to be more accurate. It is not the $12 but it is the scam being perpetrated. Could find nothing on the website stating the prices shown are only an estimate. Disappointed. Dan S

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - our prices are generally accurate, but some of our coupon partners changed their prices on 1/1. We can make this right for you - please email help@goodrx.com? Apologies for any difficulty.
mikem604
1/3/18

Do NOT use this app. It is nothing but a SCAM to get you into a pharmacy so they can give you some lame excuse why the price for an epipen (for example - just one of five attempts at using this scam app) at Walgreens is NOT $126.38 as advertised but actually over $358.00 to $663.00 at CVS and not 142.75. (think i am kidding, try zip code 85204 and see. But rest assured when you get to the bottom of the list where the price is right there at retail everywhere on the planet. Bingo! NOW ITS AVAILABLE AND ACCURATELY PRICED. and ALWAYS in stock.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Mike - sounds like you had an issue - we’d love to help - please email help@goodrx.com?
lindah354
1/2/18

I have saved a lot of money with this card over other discount cards; however, the pharmacy will not always give you the quoted price. Compared to other discount cards I have used, the savings are better with GoodRx, but it's impossible to know which card saves you the most without running every card you have, which no one will do. At this time, I still think it is the best discount available and if the comparisons are accurate, I have saved hundreds of dollars using this card.

dorism37
12/29/17

Have used coupons at Walmart many times but this last time was awesome. My prescription of Valsartan 80 mg for 90 days was quoted at $328. I found a coupon online for 90 days 80mg of Valsartan for $113. Took it in to Walmaet pharmacy and they honored the coupon. A savings of almost $200.00.

allent36
12/27/17

I took 3 coupons to two different pharmacies in my town. Both pharmacists told me this is a come on. They may give you the discount once, then goodrx doesn't pay the pharmacy when you go back for refills. I will not waste time to continue this research.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Allen - your pharmacist is mistaken. Our coupons work at virtually every pharmacy in the US. Sounds like these pharmacists would rather not give you the discounted price, despite their contract. We can help - email help@goodrx.com?
bethb88
12/18/17

I am so happy that I stumbled across this website. My insurance company quit covering my prescription face wash, which is part of the regimen to prevent recurrence of my skin cancer. Prior to this the copay was $50. It jumped up to $450 (yes, for a face wash)!!! I found a coupon from GoodRX-$46 from Costco, $68 from Walgreens. I went to Walgreens because it is much more convenient and they already know me. Although they didn't tell me about the coupon when I told them I couldn't get the wash, they did honor it immediately when I presented one. No questions or arguments. I'm so happy that I can continue to use this product!

francisl30
12/18/17

A great tool to price shop other options over your co-pay rate. I have found a few of prescriptions prescribed to be less then insurance. It is not always lower but a smart way to save money.

danw129
12/17/17

I have had an issue with both CVS and Walgreens not honoring the price quoted on coupon that is printed out with current date. I changed from Walgreens (because no one knew how to enter the coupon to get quoted price) to CVS. Today I go to CVS and they will not honor the price quoted on line today.

GoodRx Please stop misquoting the price or give us the name of a Drug store that will guarantee to honor the price.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi. Our prices are accurate and set by contracts the pharmacy agrees to accept. Please email help@goodrx.com if you’ve had an issue?
lynna75
12/16/17

Thanks to the suggestion of a pharmacist at Walgreens, I googled for a coupon for my prescription and found GoodRx. I saved $60 with the coupon. Suggestion for US consumers: when using this coupon tell them you'll be using the coupon vs your insurance.

annm285
12/7/17

When it looks too good to be true...it is. A prescription that usually costs $150-280 had a coupon on GoodRx for $12.34. Wasted a lot of my pharmacist's and my time because the price I would be charged was $156. Switch and bait!! Don't bother....go to Canadadrugs.com or affordablefdrugs.com or northdrugstore.com.

Note: I don't believe there was an error because a second drug in the same family that is even more expensive showed similar savings but proved not to be. In addition, I called Goodrx 2 times to verify the validity of the coupon and was told the coupon would work. After my pharmacist tried to process it, the coupon value changed. I called a 3rd time after this and interestingly, the value on the coupon changed and the person I spoke with was rude.

I have been buying drugs in Canada for several years whenever it effects a savings for me and have had no problems with legality. It is well known that unless it is a controlled substance, they look the other way. Kind of like illegal immigration. It's illegal but it's been going on for decades. I don't see any threat trying to save money by purchasing from Canada. It's name brand manufacturers. You can also go to Mexico and purchase many drugs without a prescription. It's quite a savings. When the drug companies decide to stop being greedy, then consumers will have no reason to take their business outside the country or get sucked in by these unreliable websites.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hmm. A few things to consider:

1) We'd love to help resolve your issue, as there was clearly an error and we can make this right.
2) Be aware that purchasing Rx's from Canada is currently illegal.
shelleyc41
12/4/17

I save 120 a month a on prescription or 50% of the cash price. But some things I have learned and may explain some of the reviews.
1) While goodrx has a partnership with walgreens, most of the time the pharmacists have no idea how the discounts work or are possibly encouraged to be short-change artists. I am hopeful its just the former.
I had one pharm tell me Goodrx doesnt pay their bills so their card is not honored anymore. They obviously had no idea how discount rx programs work.
After i proved him wrong, he apologized.
Another said, "we dont accept that here". if that happens, do not take no for an answer at least for me $120 was worth fighting for. Usually a pharmacy manager is helpful in this instance, ask to speak to them. You can also call Goodrx when you are at the pharmacy and hand the phone to the pharmacist. At first, this whole process is very annoying but as time goes on you will have less problems(provided you always go to the same walgreens).
2) Make sure you tell them that you do not want the script to go against your insurance deductible. I have been told by walgreens that you cannot get the discount/coupon and apply the amount paid against your deductible. While this may be wrong I have found this to be the only way the discount or coupon goes thru.

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

6 Photos for GoodRx