Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

libbyh6
4/24/18

I paid 80.00 for an RX last week. Hubby got out the Good RX card he had picked up at a grocery store and took it back to the pharmacy. The pharmacist gave him 70. Cash back, no questions. I am not affiliated with this company in any way.

ce2918
4/23/18

Received a goodrx discount card from my doctor for a medication - checked the price on line and then went to the pharmacy - the cost was $60 more than the goodrx website listed it. went back home, submitted my info on their website, they quoted me the same price and then sent the pharmacy the coupon. Called the pharmacy today and was told it is incorrect and they will not fill it for that price. Called GoodRX and was told that CVS is "contractually obligated" to fill the rx at the listed website price. waited on hold for 30 minutes while the goodrx rep called CVS directly only to be told by the rep when she cam back on the line that goodrx has the prices listed incorrectly and they will have to "open a ticket" such bull$#*!. the rep was very nice and tried to be helpful but it's clear this is a scam. I wasted over 2 hours with the calls, and the visit to CVS etc. another company trying to get your info to use it for marketing etc. STAY AWAY

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi CE - Sorry to hear about your issues. GoodRx prices are accurate - it sounds like there may have been some confusion between a GoodRx card and the coupons we offer at the pharmacy. We'd love to help and want to make this right - can you send us a message either here or at help@goodrx.com?
katiea48
4/21/18

After my "D" I didn't have traditional health Insurance. I called around and asked pharmacies for the price of Latisse. I could not afford $170 for a 5ml supply. GoodRx helped me get Bimatoprost Ophthalmic (Latisse generic) for $66.00. I was beyond thrilled! The GoodRx customer service rep was fantastic as well! Thank you!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thanks!
melissas290
4/17/18

My medicine was going to be $359, I used the goodrx coupon and paid $16.08!!!!! Just now!!! NO LIE!!! Thanks so much

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
yay!
lees215
4/14/18

Because of allergies to other common meds for my condition, my doctor ordered a high dosage tab of Amoxicillin for me. My Humana plan via Walmart wanted $380 for a 10-day supply of pills. I was stunned as it was not affordable and would go without it (am retired). Walmart Pharma said it was an unusually high dosage and didn't carry it. To Walmart's credit, they mentioned I should try GoodRx and said it might be cheaper but would not count toward my Humana deductible. They also called other local pharmacies on GoodRx to see it they could locate one with this dosage. They directed me to another pharmacy in the area and that same prescription cost $99 there with GoodRx. GoodRx saved me $281 and I was able to get this live-saving medicine!

jessicam369
4/5/18

I spent a lot of time researching where I could get my prescription cheapest, and decided to have the script written for a Walgreen's Pharmacy solely because GoodRX 's app stated that the medication would be $66. I checked on the price regularly for a few weeks before my doctor sent the script over, and when I went to pick it up I was told it would be $167 (which is the cash price of the drug). I called multiple pharmacies and ended up calling GoodRX; the representative was very polite and helpful, but basically said "the prices listed are estimates and are infrequently updated, so it's definitely possible that your medication is actually $167 even though I can see that our app currently lists it as $66."

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
If someone told you that, they are incorrect and we'd like to make it right. Our prices are accurate and are updated daily. Please email help@goodrx.com?
mikeh401
3/30/18

A script was going to cost me $240. Looked it up on GoodRx and it told me $108 at CVS. I called them to save myself the embarrassment and they told me they accept GoodRx coupons. I went into CVS and it was $108! They told me it has to be a script at the store. It can't be mail order. Another caveat is this $108 will not go towards my deductible. Not sure I care about that though.

So far so good. I have insurance. Our company just switched to a plan where we pay 100% of scripts and doctor bills until we meet our individual deductibles. 4 scripts my wife and I used to pay about $50 for were going to cost us $1,000. Crazy.

Try GoodRx. I will again.

kermitg2
3/12/18

Searched pharmacies found that Publix excepted Goodrx . Went to store and was told no way would they honor goodrx card. I told them that they were listed as excepting goodrx. They told me that what goodrx says and what th pharmacies except are two different things.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We don't show coupons at Publix and we do not work with them. It says so all over the site. Not sure how you missed that?
kimb2083
3/12/18

Generic Lunesta was $300.00. Medicare would not cover. With Good Rx generic Lunesta was $22.03. It is not Good Rx's fault if pharmacy does not honor or price changes. Place blame with the greedy pharmaceutical companies where it belongs!

heathers215
3/11/18

I think pharmacist try to refuse the prescription discount. Also Im not sure if every time before you pick up a prescription you have to check the GoodRx website for a price then call your pharmacy and give them all those important numbers again on the card. I am pretty sure that the pharmaceutical community wants to end this program, use it while you can. Things are going to get worse.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - we actually work closely with pharmacies, and they support what we do. If you ever have an issue, email help@goodrx.com
mikej245
3/7/18

GoodRX coupon said $36.33 at CVS for 360 capsules of 300mg of Gabapentin
when I get to CVS they say oh no we cant sell it for that, but we can sell it to you for $178.00. Coupon states price is an estimate, sounds more like a guesstimate

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - our prices are accurate. Sounds like the pharmacist made a mistake. Please contact help@goodrx.com so we can make this right?
mikec383
3/5/18

My prescription was 11.00 on good rx,I showed it to safeway and they charged me 89.56. Albertsons bought safeway and turned it into a 3 world pharmacy

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - is there something we can do better? Sounds like you're mad at Safeway? We can help resolve any pricing issues. Please email help@goodrx.com.
roberts754
2/27/18

Good RX saves lots money, many times cheaper than insurance price. Thank you Good RX, just get prescription in hand find lowest price, I retired and didnt allow enuf money so many times only way I get my meds

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thanks!
steves441
2/23/18

Looked up my medication on the GoodRx website, found a price at Walmart over $100
less than the price quoted by my local walmart pharmacy the previous day. Printed the coupon took it back to the same walmart pharmacy and they filled my prescription for the GoodRx price. No questions asked. I am so happy. I am telling everyone about GoodRx.

rms3
2/12/18

In general the American medical system over charges for all products and services. Good RX is the best comparison shopping tool for both the over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceuticals. Most people have never considered comparison shopping for Medicine which is a grave mistake if the money's coming out of your pocket. I'm looking at one simple tube of ointment that ranges from $99 the $423 in my coastal North Carolina market. Please note that you generally are not able to combine these cash purchases with Insurance coverage. Whenever I can't get a great purchase referral from good RX I look two the website affordable drugs for overseas and Canadian purchase of the equivalent generic item.

genew18
2/5/18

ALWAS ask your pharmacist, "What is the LEAST amount of money for filling this prescription? The pharmacist may be contractually unable to give a customer the lowest rice UNLESS this question is asked. Then the confidentiality restraint goes away and assuming the pharmacist acts professionally, they MUST offer the lowest price.

Although the GoodRX (or other discount offer may have a lower price one must consider the lower price in terms of meeting a deductible. Often (usually) after meeting the deductible future prices MAY be lower. If (in some cases) a patient will not meet the annual deductible then it is a decision has to be made.

amit400
2/4/18

I just picked up Clonzepam1mg for 60 pills and I was changed 25.00 and i have never paid over 11.00 for this Rx in the past.. Something is not right!! This is bs.. I'm frankly getting tired of it!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Our prices are accurate and we’d love to help. Please email help@goodrx.com for support.
aprilr38
2/1/18

I have tried using prescription savings cards that didn't save me more than a couple of dollars, GOODRX actually saves me money! I just left the pharmacy saving $74.78 on a narcotic. When the price is looked up on the website I suggest calling the pharmacy and ask the cash price, then ask if they honor GOODRX for narcotic (if it is a controlled drug) some pharmacies don't honor because of this fact. The tech state that the price I'm quoted online bring that in and they will pit that in. After I educated myself on how Goodrx is able to pass the savings down to the consumer, I'm grateful to this genius idea! Highly recommend

angelaw155
1/31/18

I have goodrx app on my phone. When I look up prices, Walmart always tells me that price on my phone, is not what shows up on their computer. For example. I was at the ER today. I was given an antibiotic and pain med. the antibiotic on my goodrx app said $17.98 for ten tabs. Walmart, said they are seeing $29.32. I'm tired of these prices changing. I was told by an ER Doctor, that they have to honor what is on my app, but they don't. Other than that, goodrx has saved me money before.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hm. Something seems up, as our prices are very accurate and we work closely with Walmart. Would you mind emailing help@goodrx.com so we can dig in and see what's up?
timj28
1/30/18

I am astonished and thrilled that this worked just as you said. If your local pharmacy won't accept GoodRx coupons, ask them to transfer it to a Walgreens, RiteAide, Kroger etc. I really believe that about 85% of the reviews I read on the internet are fake, paid for or written by competitors so they can get a leg up on the competition. My business is highly competitive so I know how that works. Unless they are verified, they can't be trusted. Even then, nothing stops a friend of a friend from buying and writing a review to kick start a business. On Jan 29, 2018, the Tamiflu RX for 10 day 75mg supply would have been $102.00, with the GoodRx coupon, it was $58.00! I have already recommended your service and will blog it up! How do the drug companies get away with this? The clerk actually looked disappointed when sent the coupon through the drive-in window. Blessings and great Karma coming your way! Your name should be GREAT_Rx! Your ratings should be AAA+++!

Tip for consumers: This really did work, even at Walgreens. This coupon program didn't cost anything to join, saved me over $40.00 first time I used this service. Really needed the savings having the flu season hit right after the insurance co-pay reset in January. Tell a friend!

mattd104
1/24/18

Reading other reviews, I knew prices being accepted might be an issue. I looked up a medication the through my insurance was going to be $1000 for 90 day supply. GoodRx price was $440 for 90 days at a local pharmacy. I called the pharmacy to confirm that they would accept the coupon. They confirmed they would. I contacted my Dr. and had the script sent to the pharmacy. The next day I contact them to see if it was ready and they said that the price was going to be $600. I confirmed the medication and amount with them. I cancelled the script. I then went to GoodRx.com to see what the price is. Sure enough, the $440 price was gone. Now the lowest price is $450 at another pharmacy. I'm not going to waste my time to find out that that price won't be accepted. Maybe for lower priced scripts they might be good, but I can neither confirm nor deny. I'm not going to waste my time.

UPDATE: Here is the response from GoodRx to my issue: "While our prices are typically very accurate, they are subject to change and are only valid for as long as the price is listed on our site. Unfortunately, we are unable to predict when a coupon will update as it is entirely dependent on which coupon provider is offering the best price at a specific pharmacy."

In other words, if you print a coupon on day 1, then go to the pharmacy on day 2, they don't have to honor the coupon. It's possible that this is only an issue with high priced and special medications, but it's not worth it to me to play a guessing came on prices.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello Matt. Sorry to hear about your issues. Just to be clear, our prices are based on contracted relationships with pharmacies - if the pharmacist told you it wouldn't be accepted, they were simply incorrect. We'd love to help - email help@goodrx.com if you'd like to pursue.
sueh112
1/24/18

Honestly, I didn't know what to expect when I took the GoodRX "coupon" to Walgreens. Would I be told it didn't work? Would they look at it and have no idea what it was? Tried anyway since you DO NOT HAVE TO GIVE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. Showed the pharmacist and no problems. Saved about 100.00. Use it now whenever they are cheaper and never a problem.

uwsb
1/19/18

Have insurance and the goodrx price was 60 percent cheaper. Pharmacist stated it works but not always accurate. Not surprising since drug companies always changing there deals

normann10
1/18/18

You stated price of mupirocin 15g of 2% was $79.12 and Walmart charged us
$130.00. I don't like being ripped-off.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - our prices are accurate and we'll do whatever it takes to make this right. Please email help@goodrx.com so we can assist?
johnb747
1/14/18

I paid $12 on a perscription with a coupon through this site that my insurance was going to charge me $28 to fill . I called the pharmacy to confirm the legitimacy and the transaction went through great. This is definitely a good resource to have on hand when paying for drugs out of pocket.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the kind words!

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GoodRx