Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

donnal273
8/5/18

Coupon states that "your estimated price at pharmacy will be $84.16", I called and my price with the coupon is $389!!!!! What a waste of time for someone who doesn't have the income for their meds.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - pharmacies sometimes do not like to run coupons over the phone, but you will get that price at the pharmacy. We work closely with every major US pharmacy and we'd love to help make this right - and we almost always can. Will you contact us at help@goodrx.com?
tomd308
8/2/18

i tried getting my prescription at 4 different pharmacies, Walmart was the worst. I dont have prescription coverage on my very expensive health insurance. I was going to have to pay otta pocket for 2 medications $400 a month, thank goodness my ex-wife introduced me to GoodRX she helped me look both prescriptions up on the website get the coupon finally called Walgreens OMG! I got both prescriptions for under $100 dollars and it was true gave the Walgreen pharmacist over the phone the 4 diffrent number member ID# Group# Bin# PCN# it all checked out, i picked up my prescription, I told the pharmacist how much i saved his eyes got huge and said WOW thats awsome so im so Blessed for GoodRX, I hope there in business forever.......... saving over $3,600 a year #1HAPPYCAMPER

aymar
7/31/18

I thought I could save a little money using Good RX over Blink Health. Nope! My coupons were less than 2 hours old when I presented them to pay for my meds. Kroger wanted nearly 26$ more than the price on the coupons. Declined to be ripped off and went home. Checked the Good RX price for Kroger and it still showed the value on my coupons, not the $24 more that Kroger demanded. Tore up the coupons and paid for my meds with Blink instead. Price was higher but closer to what Kroger was demanding. I'm sticking with Blink.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hmm. One wonders if a competitive company is spamming review boards...
amandas419
7/30/18

I PAY $114 A MONTH FOR MY MEDICATION THAT IS OVER 300 ELSEWHERE, GREAT SAVINGS, I CANNOT DRIVE WITHOUT MY MEDICATION, SO GRATEFUL FOR GOOD RX

robertb1161
7/23/18

Good RX saves me $160.00 a month on my daughters' AD/HD medication. That is $1,920.00 a year...at no cost to me. That is really all that needs to be said. Type in the name of your medication, and save money. Simple...

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thank you!
dianneh2
7/13/18

I had no problem using it. I needed refills for 3 prescriptions at Kroger. My current insurance does not have prescription coverage. I searched each prescription on GoodRx, printed my coupons and went to Kroger. No problem with Kroger, they said GoodRx is great. I saved a bunch of money.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thanks!
teresah167
6/27/18

My prescription was so expensive through Medicare. My friend told me about GoodRX Gold. I m so thankful. I was going to be charged $118.00 for a 30 day supply. Asked Doctor for a paper prescription vs faxing to Pharmacy, so I could check pricing. Whoa, $30.00. Less expensive than noted on goodRX website. Customer Service is also great. What a savings so far. Thank you GoodRX!

aaront78
6/20/18

I went to hyvee pharmacy to get gemfibrozil because goodrx had them as the lowest price. i went in with the good rx coupon and my prescription, was told it was $192 without insurance so i pulled out the goodrx coupon and the price was reduced to 17 dollars. WOW. to be honest i wouldn't have been able to afford it without goodrx

williamc593
6/13/18

No one accepts their coupons... Walmart regular price with no discount card or insurance is $10.00 Cheaper then the GoodRx coupon

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hello William. You know that we list all those Walmart $4 and $10 prices, right? We always want to make it right, and we'd be happy to talk to you and make sure you're all good. Every major US pharmacy happily accepts GoodRx. Please email help@goodrx.com.
cjd14
6/8/18
• Updated review

I have my receipt. Walmart's "regular" price is lower than your reported "regular price for Walmart" and even lower than your "discount price for walmart" and I didn't have to do anything to get that cash price.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We list Walmart's "regular prices" and we talk to them regularly. Yes, you're right - you don't have to do anything. We'd love to look into this if you'll give us a chance - please email help@goodrx.com?
“Not a lower price.”
6/6/18
• Previous review

Walmart cash price as well as several local pharmacies cash prices were less than GOODRX coupon "discount" price shown for that store. Actually, the "discount" price shown at GOODRX is the full name brand price quoted by the manufacturer and the "normal" price shown on GOODRX is far more than that quoted by the manufacturer for name brand. Not sure what all the hype is about. .

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - I think you're confused. We list Walmart cash prices for prescriptions. I think you've got your facts wrong. We'd love to help - help@goodrx.com
lynns219
6/7/18

I've been using Good Rx with good results for months. Today I pulled up the coupon and it showed my RX was $19.59 at my pharmacy. The pharmacy put the info in and it was $26.02. they verified the name/dosage/quantity were correct in the coupon. They then said this has been happening a lot lately. I called Good RX and they pulled the RX and my pharmacy up and said it showed too be $25.42.

This is ridiculous. I'll stick with Blink

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi Lynn. Our prices are quite accurate, and this story doesn't seem to make sense. We'd love to look into it and also make it right by you. Please email us at help@goodrx.com if we can assist. And please note that other programs aren't accepted at many pharmacies.
aimiem
6/6/18

I had a prescription to pick up at Walgreens and the cost was $118!!! I started researching and found GoodRx and downloaded the app. I looked up the medication and it showed a card with several different numbers....member ID, Group number, BIN number, and PCN. I called Walgreens and asked if they take GoodRx coupons, they said yes! I asked if I could give her all the info over the phone and she said sure and got all the info from me. She then says ok that coupon brought your prescription to $52. I was so elated! Picked it up that evening and paid $52!!! Its definitely worth trying. This is not a scam! I was embarrassed to ask after reading some of the reviews but so glad I did!!!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the wonderful feedback.
nancyc382
6/3/18

tried to get my dog's calcitriol filled at walmart and the pharmacist said they couldn't honor the coupon because they don't have an NPI number. i need to get this med for my dog before he has another seizure.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi - the pharmacist is incorrect - Walmart changed their policies on this a few months back and it should work now. We can help - help@goodrx.com and we'll get this sorted out correctly ASAP.
richardc171
6/2/18

I am not sure what this site or company is all about. I have checked their pricing and it is all wrong. When I contact them they indicate that they have not updated their pricing. I have attempted to utilize their coupons three times and each time it has been declined by the pharmacy with the comment that the coupon price is lower than their cost so obviously they cannot honor that price.
I honestly think this is a scam, not something when it comes to life saving medications.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi. More than 8 million people use us to save each month, and we'd like to help you too. Our prices are accurate. Would you mind emailing help@goodrx.com so we can assist you? Sounds like there's some confusion here, and we're quite good at sorting it out.
cathym214
5/25/18

I have had good luck at CVS. Walmart and Walgreens are worthless so GoodRX should either make them honor the contract they have with them or stop advertising the price that you never get from them. I've wasted many hours at both places. Go to CVS It is only a few dollars more and worth not having to go through the hassle at Walmart and Walgreens. Walmart did have one medication that I get for my dog that was cheaper without the coupon, but the most expensive drug I use for my dog Amantadine was easily gotten at CVS after fighting with the pharmacies at Walmart and Walgreens. Last I heard GoodRx was going to the corporate level about Walmart, but that was several months ago and I haven't heard anything back. So you can get 5 stars from me but only if you go to CVS One pharmacy is better than none. And their prices are only a few bucks more.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Cathy - we have reached out to both you and the pharmacy to make this right. We expect it to all work out and you to get the discount price you were quoted; please check your email for more. Apologies for the pain; the pharmacist was confused about how to process pet meds.
dougw101
5/16/18

I own 2 pharmacies, I understand the pricing of generic medications. If Good RX is saving you tons of money (which it may) you need to find a new pharmacy that isn't ripping you off. Look for independently owned stores. They have the power to change prices and are usually going to give you a fair price and not charge you $150 over the cost of the med, which is what happens when you see a big price drop from Good Rx. Why not find a pharmacy that will give you a fair price from the start? I'd love to hear from you, I'll give you a quote and let you know my cost of the med your inquiring about so you can get an idea of what a good price is. I'm tired of these stupid games.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the feedback.
michaelg658
5/12/18

PharMacy: Giant. Printed a GoodRX coupon yesterday for a prescription I just got. Gave the pharmacist the scipt and coupon....she said OK, be about 15 minutes. Picked it up and low and behold it was a dollar less than the coupon!! Here is the kicker believe it or not: price paid was $16.66. The regular retail price printed on my paperwork was $534.09. Im still stunned. Unbelievable.

michelleg287
5/11/18

I was able to use the coupon for a controlled substance (Adderall) here in Scottsdale AZ, via CVS. As a single parent...one income, the savings were astronomical! I recommend to anyone. Call ahead to your pharmacy as Wal Greens did not accept for controlled substance where as CVS in Target store did.

richardi28
5/8/18

Trying to get a prescription filled at a Drug Chain mandated by my drug insurance carrier, I stumbled onto GoodRX and filled out a coupon from their website for my drug. I learned that this slip of paper might fill the prescription at a lower price than I could obtain with my insurance plan. But the drug chain would NOT fill it at anything but an inflated price--even with the insurance discount taken. I called the number on the coupon for GoodRX to step in and help.
A pleasant, intelligent, persistent woman--Michelle-- became my GoodRX helpmate.She phoned the pharmacist at the chain branch I was having trouble at and was insulted! She tried another branch store in another town 20 miles away and was told THAT I DID NOT EXIST (they could not verify my birth!). So Michelle phoned a third store, 20 miles in another direction. Success: They did not use my existing drug insurer, but filled it from the prescription copy the initial store had received--and filled it for me for 52% less than the price the first store had insisted was correct.
I'm writing this to praise both GoodRX and their super hard-working, persistent, problem-solver, Michelle.
Thank you both!
--Richard, Tunkhannock, PA--

ellend52
5/5/18

GoodRX Gold was exceptional! It's the pharmacies that need to be educated. Initially CVS refused to apply the discount as they said my ID # did not exist. Within 15 minutes Alexis at GoodRX Gold customer service had solved the issue with them and my prescription was filled at the cost quoted to me by GoodRX which was $83 less than the cost at CVS without the card. It did take an extra 15 minutes BUT CVS says that they have the info on file for future refills so there shouldn't be future delays!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the kind words! Not sure why the pharmacist was confused, as we work closely with CVS, but happy it got resolved. :)
richm90
5/4/18

i checked out the pricing of several meds I use daily. For example the metformin was 10.00 at good rx, its free at Publix (grocery store) pharmacy and 2.00 at the local pharmacy. The other meds I checked were similarly priced higher. Another example was Victoria, goodrx was over 800.00, I pay 80.00 through mail order.
So I wont be using goodrx ever!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
HI Rich - We list the Publix price you mentioned above; not sure how you missed it as it's clearly indicated. We don't show local pharmacies, that's true, because we adhere to specific safety and licensing standards. So...appreciate your review, but we actually have most of the information you discovered...next time, reach out to us before you say negative things?
jm407
4/30/18

I almost didnt bother because of all the negative reviews. So glad I decided that it wouldnt hurt to try. I am so skeptical of all the scams out there. I work for a major news channel and would not have bothered to write this review if it was less than a great experience. So simple! It really is an amazing money saver. I asked for my Dr. to prescribe a generic equivalent to save money. When I called to see if it was ready I asked what the total would be and was floored when she told me it was over $500. I asked if she was sure that was for the generic version and she said yes. I Googled prescription coupons and Im so glad I found GoodRx! It gave me a list of what it would cost for my prescription at a number of different pharmacies and it said it would be $19 and some change for the exact same prescription. I Googled Is GoodRX a scam. I called the Jewel-Osco Pharmacy and asked if it was legit. They said yes. I entered only my email address and they emailed me the coupon to show the pharmacy. I went and picked up my prescription and confirmed that it was the EXACT same medicine. He said yes and explained how it worked. I showed the coupon and I paid $20 and got change back. Over $500 in savings!!!! Walked out of there thinking I cant wait to write a review to tell everyone that its 100% legit. Please try it! It wont hurt to try. I promise! So simple!

Tip for consumers: Cannot emphasize enough how easy it is and what amazing savings you get!!! 100% Legit! No longer skeptical!

alm616
4/28/18

Got coupons for Rx at my pharmacy: they don't take them. Got coupons at several other pharmacies: none would take them. Most were polite enough not to laugh in my face. Don't know how they get good reviews unless they write them themselves.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We work closely with all our pharmacies and we can resolve any issue you’ve had. Please email help@goodrx.com
dianed147
4/25/18

I save over $300.00 every month on my prescription, without goodrx coupon my script can run from $425.00 - $500.00, with the coupon I pay $45.00 for 14 pills times 2 for a months supply which is less than $100.00. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE GOODRX AND RECOMMEND IT EVERY CHANCE I CAN. I recommended at Rite Aid today for an elderly lady who was questioning the price of her script and asking about a coupon or something, I told her about Good rx and she couldn't believe it and thanked me up and down. Not sure why the pharmacist didn't tell her about it but they didn't and weren't so happy that I did, oh well!!

libbyh6
4/24/18

I paid 80.00 for an RX last week. Hubby got out the Good RX card he had picked up at a grocery store and took it back to the pharmacy. The pharmacist gave him 70. Cash back, no questions. I am not affiliated with this company in any way.

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GoodRx