Review of GoodRx

Tel: 1-888-799-2553
help@goodrx.com
2018 Customer choice award

Legitimate

GoodRx has been investigated by LegitScript, a NABP recognized organization that vets online pharmacies and has been given "legitimate" status. For more information, please visit the Legitscript report.

cathym214
5/25/18

I have had good luck at CVS. Walmart and Walgreens are worthless so GoodRX should either make them honor the contract they have with them or stop advertising the price that you never get from them. I've wasted many hours at both places. Go to CVS It is only a few dollars more and worth not having to go through the hassle at Walmart and Walgreens. Walmart did have one medication that I get for my dog that was cheaper without the coupon, but the most expensive drug I use for my dog Amantadine was easily gotten at CVS after fighting with the pharmacies at Walmart and Walgreens. Last I heard GoodRx was going to the corporate level about Walmart, but that was several months ago and I haven't heard anything back. So you can get 5 stars from me but only if you go to CVS One pharmacy is better than none. And their prices are only a few bucks more.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Cathy - we have reached out to both you and the pharmacy to make this right. We expect it to all work out and you to get the discount price you were quoted; please check your email for more. Apologies for the pain; the pharmacist was confused about how to process pet meds.
dougw101
5/16/18

I own 2 pharmacies, I understand the pricing of generic medications. If Good RX is saving you tons of money (which it may) you need to find a new pharmacy that isn't ripping you off. Look for independently owned stores. They have the power to change prices and are usually going to give you a fair price and not charge you $150 over the cost of the med, which is what happens when you see a big price drop from Good Rx. Why not find a pharmacy that will give you a fair price from the start? I'd love to hear from you, I'll give you a quote and let you know my cost of the med your inquiring about so you can get an idea of what a good price is. I'm tired of these stupid games.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the feedback.
michaelg658
5/12/18

PharMacy: Giant. Printed a GoodRX coupon yesterday for a prescription I just got. Gave the pharmacist the scipt and coupon....she said OK, be about 15 minutes. Picked it up and low and behold it was a dollar less than the coupon!! Here is the kicker believe it or not: price paid was $16.66. The regular retail price printed on my paperwork was $534.09. Im still stunned. Unbelievable.

michelleg287
5/11/18

I was able to use the coupon for a controlled substance (Adderall) here in Scottsdale AZ, via CVS. As a single parent...one income, the savings were astronomical! I recommend to anyone. Call ahead to your pharmacy as Wal Greens did not accept for controlled substance where as CVS in Target store did.

richardi28
5/8/18

Trying to get a prescription filled at a Drug Chain mandated by my drug insurance carrier, I stumbled onto GoodRX and filled out a coupon from their website for my drug. I learned that this slip of paper might fill the prescription at a lower price than I could obtain with my insurance plan. But the drug chain would NOT fill it at anything but an inflated price--even with the insurance discount taken. I called the number on the coupon for GoodRX to step in and help.
A pleasant, intelligent, persistent woman--Michelle-- became my GoodRX helpmate.She phoned the pharmacist at the chain branch I was having trouble at and was insulted! She tried another branch store in another town 20 miles away and was told THAT I DID NOT EXIST (they could not verify my birth!). So Michelle phoned a third store, 20 miles in another direction. Success: They did not use my existing drug insurer, but filled it from the prescription copy the initial store had received--and filled it for me for 52% less than the price the first store had insisted was correct.
I'm writing this to praise both GoodRX and their super hard-working, persistent, problem-solver, Michelle.
Thank you both!
--Richard, Tunkhannock, PA--

ellend52
5/5/18

GoodRX Gold was exceptional! It's the pharmacies that need to be educated. Initially CVS refused to apply the discount as they said my ID # did not exist. Within 15 minutes Alexis at GoodRX Gold customer service had solved the issue with them and my prescription was filled at the cost quoted to me by GoodRX which was $83 less than the cost at CVS without the card. It did take an extra 15 minutes BUT CVS says that they have the info on file for future refills so there shouldn't be future delays!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Thanks for the kind words! Not sure why the pharmacist was confused, as we work closely with CVS, but happy it got resolved. :)
richm90
5/4/18

i checked out the pricing of several meds I use daily. For example the metformin was 10.00 at good rx, its free at Publix (grocery store) pharmacy and 2.00 at the local pharmacy. The other meds I checked were similarly priced higher. Another example was Victoria, goodrx was over 800.00, I pay 80.00 through mail order.
So I wont be using goodrx ever!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
HI Rich - We list the Publix price you mentioned above; not sure how you missed it as it's clearly indicated. We don't show local pharmacies, that's true, because we adhere to specific safety and licensing standards. So...appreciate your review, but we actually have most of the information you discovered...next time, reach out to us before you say negative things?
jm407
4/30/18

I almost didnt bother because of all the negative reviews. So glad I decided that it wouldnt hurt to try. I am so skeptical of all the scams out there. I work for a major news channel and would not have bothered to write this review if it was less than a great experience. So simple! It really is an amazing money saver. I asked for my Dr. to prescribe a generic equivalent to save money. When I called to see if it was ready I asked what the total would be and was floored when she told me it was over $500. I asked if she was sure that was for the generic version and she said yes. I Googled prescription coupons and Im so glad I found GoodRx! It gave me a list of what it would cost for my prescription at a number of different pharmacies and it said it would be $19 and some change for the exact same prescription. I Googled Is GoodRX a scam. I called the Jewel-Osco Pharmacy and asked if it was legit. They said yes. I entered only my email address and they emailed me the coupon to show the pharmacy. I went and picked up my prescription and confirmed that it was the EXACT same medicine. He said yes and explained how it worked. I showed the coupon and I paid $20 and got change back. Over $500 in savings!!!! Walked out of there thinking I cant wait to write a review to tell everyone that its 100% legit. Please try it! It wont hurt to try. I promise! So simple!

Tip for consumers: Cannot emphasize enough how easy it is and what amazing savings you get!!! 100% Legit! No longer skeptical!

alm616
4/28/18

Got coupons for Rx at my pharmacy: they don't take them. Got coupons at several other pharmacies: none would take them. Most were polite enough not to laugh in my face. Don't know how they get good reviews unless they write them themselves.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We work closely with all our pharmacies and we can resolve any issue you’ve had. Please email help@goodrx.com
dianed147
4/25/18

I save over $300.00 every month on my prescription, without goodrx coupon my script can run from $425.00 - $500.00, with the coupon I pay $45.00 for 14 pills times 2 for a months supply which is less than $100.00. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE GOODRX AND RECOMMEND IT EVERY CHANCE I CAN. I recommended at Rite Aid today for an elderly lady who was questioning the price of her script and asking about a coupon or something, I told her about Good rx and she couldn't believe it and thanked me up and down. Not sure why the pharmacist didn't tell her about it but they didn't and weren't so happy that I did, oh well!!

libbyh6
4/24/18

I paid 80.00 for an RX last week. Hubby got out the Good RX card he had picked up at a grocery store and took it back to the pharmacy. The pharmacist gave him 70. Cash back, no questions. I am not affiliated with this company in any way.

ce2918
4/23/18

Received a goodrx discount card from my doctor for a medication - checked the price on line and then went to the pharmacy - the cost was $60 more than the goodrx website listed it. went back home, submitted my info on their website, they quoted me the same price and then sent the pharmacy the coupon. Called the pharmacy today and was told it is incorrect and they will not fill it for that price. Called GoodRX and was told that CVS is "contractually obligated" to fill the rx at the listed website price. waited on hold for 30 minutes while the goodrx rep called CVS directly only to be told by the rep when she cam back on the line that goodrx has the prices listed incorrectly and they will have to "open a ticket" such bull$#*!. the rep was very nice and tried to be helpful but it's clear this is a scam. I wasted over 2 hours with the calls, and the visit to CVS etc. another company trying to get your info to use it for marketing etc. STAY AWAY

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi CE - Sorry to hear about your issues. GoodRx prices are accurate - it sounds like there may have been some confusion between a GoodRx card and the coupons we offer at the pharmacy. We'd love to help and want to make this right - can you send us a message either here or at help@goodrx.com?
katiea48
4/21/18

After my "D" I didn't have traditional health Insurance. I called around and asked pharmacies for the price of Latisse. I could not afford $170 for a 5ml supply. GoodRx helped me get Bimatoprost Ophthalmic (Latisse generic) for $66.00. I was beyond thrilled! The GoodRx customer service rep was fantastic as well! Thank you!

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thanks!
melissas290
4/17/18

My medicine was going to be $359, I used the goodrx coupon and paid $16.08!!!!! Just now!!! NO LIE!!! Thanks so much

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
yay!
lees215
4/14/18

Because of allergies to other common meds for my condition, my doctor ordered a high dosage tab of Amoxicillin for me. My Humana plan via Walmart wanted $380 for a 10-day supply of pills. I was stunned as it was not affordable and would go without it (am retired). Walmart Pharma said it was an unusually high dosage and didn't carry it. To Walmart's credit, they mentioned I should try GoodRx and said it might be cheaper but would not count toward my Humana deductible. They also called other local pharmacies on GoodRx to see it they could locate one with this dosage. They directed me to another pharmacy in the area and that same prescription cost $99 there with GoodRx. GoodRx saved me $281 and I was able to get this live-saving medicine!

jessicam369
4/5/18

I spent a lot of time researching where I could get my prescription cheapest, and decided to have the script written for a Walgreen's Pharmacy solely because GoodRX 's app stated that the medication would be $66. I checked on the price regularly for a few weeks before my doctor sent the script over, and when I went to pick it up I was told it would be $167 (which is the cash price of the drug). I called multiple pharmacies and ended up calling GoodRX; the representative was very polite and helpful, but basically said "the prices listed are estimates and are infrequently updated, so it's definitely possible that your medication is actually $167 even though I can see that our app currently lists it as $66."

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
If someone told you that, they are incorrect and we'd like to make it right. Our prices are accurate and are updated daily. Please email help@goodrx.com?
mikeh401
3/30/18

A script was going to cost me $240. Looked it up on GoodRx and it told me $108 at CVS. I called them to save myself the embarrassment and they told me they accept GoodRx coupons. I went into CVS and it was $108! They told me it has to be a script at the store. It can't be mail order. Another caveat is this $108 will not go towards my deductible. Not sure I care about that though.

So far so good. I have insurance. Our company just switched to a plan where we pay 100% of scripts and doctor bills until we meet our individual deductibles. 4 scripts my wife and I used to pay about $50 for were going to cost us $1,000. Crazy.

Try GoodRx. I will again.

kermitg2
3/12/18

Searched pharmacies found that Publix excepted Goodrx . Went to store and was told no way would they honor goodrx card. I told them that they were listed as excepting goodrx. They told me that what goodrx says and what th pharmacies except are two different things.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
We don't show coupons at Publix and we do not work with them. It says so all over the site. Not sure how you missed that?
kimb2083
3/12/18

Generic Lunesta was $300.00. Medicare would not cover. With Good Rx generic Lunesta was $22.03. It is not Good Rx's fault if pharmacy does not honor or price changes. Place blame with the greedy pharmaceutical companies where it belongs!

heathers215
3/11/18

I think pharmacist try to refuse the prescription discount. Also Im not sure if every time before you pick up a prescription you have to check the GoodRx website for a price then call your pharmacy and give them all those important numbers again on the card. I am pretty sure that the pharmaceutical community wants to end this program, use it while you can. Things are going to get worse.

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - we actually work closely with pharmacies, and they support what we do. If you ever have an issue, email help@goodrx.com
mikej245
3/7/18

GoodRX coupon said $36.33 at CVS for 360 capsules of 300mg of Gabapentin
when I get to CVS they say oh no we cant sell it for that, but we can sell it to you for $178.00. Coupon states price is an estimate, sounds more like a guesstimate

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - our prices are accurate. Sounds like the pharmacist made a mistake. Please contact help@goodrx.com so we can make this right?
mikec383
3/5/18

My prescription was 11.00 on good rx,I showed it to safeway and they charged me 89.56. Albertsons bought safeway and turned it into a 3 world pharmacy

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Hi there - is there something we can do better? Sounds like you're mad at Safeway? We can help resolve any pricing issues. Please email help@goodrx.com.
roberts754
2/27/18

Good RX saves lots money, many times cheaper than insurance price. Thank you Good RX, just get prescription in hand find lowest price, I retired and didnt allow enuf money so many times only way I get my meds

Response from GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
thanks!
steves441
2/23/18

Looked up my medication on the GoodRx website, found a price at Walmart over $100
less than the price quoted by my local walmart pharmacy the previous day. Printed the coupon took it back to the same walmart pharmacy and they filled my prescription for the GoodRx price. No questions asked. I am so happy. I am telling everyone about GoodRx.

rms3
2/12/18

In general the American medical system over charges for all products and services. Good RX is the best comparison shopping tool for both the over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceuticals. Most people have never considered comparison shopping for Medicine which is a grave mistake if the money's coming out of your pocket. I'm looking at one simple tube of ointment that ranges from $99 the $423 in my coastal North Carolina market. Please note that you generally are not able to combine these cash purchases with Insurance coverage. Whenever I can't get a great purchase referral from good RX I look two the website affordable drugs for overseas and Canadian purchase of the equivalent generic item.

If you have any questions, we're here to help - please email help@goodrx.com and we'll get back quickly. Pharmacists have the discretion to honor or refuse controlled substance coupons, but most of them (like 99%) will take them, which is why we list them (and indicate that they may not be accepted). Hope that helps.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes we do. Just present coupon to save. Have a nice day

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi there - can we help you? Head to our help section for information on how we do business.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

It takes very little time. Immediately after sign up you'll receive the information you need to purchase at our discounted rates.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Every pharmacy we list accepts our prescriptions. If you're having issues, please email us at info@goodrx.com so we can help.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Walmart is contractually obligated to accept GoodRx coupons. Please email us at info@goodrx.com if you are having issues. Apologies.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Hi guys - both answers above are incorrect. GoodRx does not pay pharmacies; pharmacies simply agree to accept a negotiated discount. Publix DOES that GoodRx coupons; some pharmacists are simply mis-informed and we've spoken to Publix management to resolve.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Sorry - were gonna need more info to help here. Please email help@goodrx.com.

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative

Yes - go here - https://www.goodrx.com/trulicity/savings-tips?drug-name=trulicity

By GoodRx R., GoodRx Representative
Questions? Get answers from the GoodRx staff and other customers.

6 Photos for GoodRx