Review of GeekSquad

info@geeksquad.com
2018 Customer choice award

genevievel17
3/19/19

They always think they are smarter than the customer and they treat you as such (both online and in person and over the phone). They overcharge for everything. You start asking complicated questions and they still think they can outsmart you and try to make you feel bad for asking a question. They are terrible.

raneea
Ranee A.
8/3/18

I tried geek squad and didn't find them to be anything special. They work if all you know how to do is turn on the computer and open an application. If you know enough to be one of them this is a waist of time.

For a two time fix they up sold me a year package that I only used three times. I found half the online help are just google specialists. I had a few issues they could not fix and my brother fixed it in five minutes.

I only used them because I had no clue where windows decided to move everything to from vista to 7. I was too tired to figure out where they moved it all too. I basically felt scammed.
I was not too impressed with them.

sanjeevk17
7/22/18

It is the good sarvesh and fast delivery so good nice product and good quality and low price and my experience with the company is very good

harryh43
6/9/18

As a former veteran IT professional, I would suggest trying other technology repair resources/vendors before going to these guys. I tried to use them a few times in the past, bringing in my laptops, and can easily talk shop with them. Upon listening to their ideas on what the problem could be, it seems like the people I've encountered aren't deeply trained and experienced in more complex issues. But the biggest concern I had which prevented me from giving them my business was the estimated turnaround time. Much too long- we're talking several weeks. I instead found a reputable technology repair shop who got the job done faster and for less than GS's estimate.

yogeshp10
5/2/18

Really its good service network, i wad submitted request and i got the product within 4 to 5 days from raised the request, i thanks to all the staff of Maxbhi technical and non technical staff all service delivery department for their service. And i wish to all staff for his good future.

stephanied132
4/8/18

I HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF BEST BUYS GEEK SQUAD!!! AFTER TAKING MY IPHONE IN FOR A SIMPLE RESTORATION, UPON LEAVING THE STORE ASSUMING THE PROBLEM WAS SOLVED AND THIS WOULD BE THE END OF STORY. AFTER A TOTAL OF 6 WEEKS I WAS FRIGHTFULLY EMAILED THAT SOMEHOW THE GEEK SQUAD HAD MERGED MY APPLE ICLOUD TO THE BEST BUY STORES APPLE MACBOOK!!!!!! THEY HAD ACCESS TO ANY AND ALL OF MY PERSONAL AND BUSINESS INFORMATION VIA ICLOUD!! THEY EVEN WENT AS FAR TO SAY THEY COULD EVEN SEE MY FACETIME CALLS!!!! I THEN BECAME FURIOUSLY SUSPECT AS TO WHY YOU GUYS HAVE WAITED 6 WHOLE WEEKS TO INFORM ME OF THIS HORRIFIC SITUATION!! I THEN STATED TO THEM THEY HAVE BEEN A CYBER VOYEUR INTO MY PRIVATE FACETIME VIDEOS FOR ALMOST ONE MONTH AND A HALF!!! THEY HAD NO SINGLE EXPLANATION OF THIS CYBER BREACH / INVASION OF PRIVACY!!!!! FOLLOWING THIS I WAS TOLD THE MACBOOK HAD BEEN ON THE STORE FLOOR OPEN AND ACCESSIBLE TO THE EMPLOYEES AND POSSIBLY CUSTOMERS AS WELL! NO CONSUMER PRIVACY OR CONFIDENTIALITY WAS UPHELD. SO TO THIS DAY THERE IS AN UNMEASUREABLE AMOUNT OF STESS, UNCERTAINLY AND THE EXTENSIVE BREACH OF PRIVACY! NOT ONLY THAT BUT THE BEST BUY EXECUTIVE REPRESENTATIVE DISPLAYED AN INEXCUSABLE LACK OF CONCERN BY STATING HE DOES NOT BELIEVE THE BREACH OF PRIVACY WAS AT ALL A POSSIBILITY. SO WHEN I ASKED HIM IF THAT BE THE CASE WOULD BEST BUT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILTY IF THE EVENT THAT HE WAS WRONG AND HE REPLIED NO!!!!! HE DIGUSTINGLY STATED NO!! BEST BUY WOULD NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY!!! THEREFORE, LEAVING ME VULNERABLE TO ANY AND ALL FUTURE CONSEQUENCES!!!!!!!

ramkeshm
1/30/18

Thank you very nice company and gud service product or Boss lam better time says IM a time chal rahi hai aur time to time delivered order very good service

johnl403
10/2/17

If you purchase something electronic and don't know anything about it at all you are going to taken advantage of.

I know this area and the Geed Squad installed an 82" TV. They were fast, respectful, took off their shows when entering the home and made sure that I was happy with the quality and information I needed from them.

They left and I felt completely cartered to having any issues and questions addressed.

The Geek Squad does their job and more!

gelindaj
6/25/17

I have had to contact GeekSquad 4 times in the last 3 weeks. I get the same Agent notes every time. This is getting really old very fast!! They must have there spill of (s**t)
that is already typed up for them to use. It is always I tuned up your computer and cleared Temp Files and bla bla bla bla!!! I think GeekSquad really sucks. I am going to get rid of Kaspersky and GeekSquad when my time is up. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good protection plan?

jennifers351
4/3/17

in the beginning when I got my computer I never had this problem year and half ago,now past 2 on the online help have been so rude i had to report them . they hardly do any thing for you at all,waste of money

karens298
3/12/17

I've had them for 3 yrs., and gladly renewed for another year. Overall they've solved MOST issues on the first try. Yes, at times they have to give it another go. But they DO solve it in the end. So it doesn't change my 5-star rating. And they always ask if you need further help before disconnecting.

deannac27
1/24/17

I called best buy on the 19th because my computer wouldnt turn on, i called when they opened (at 10am) asking if i had a warranty and told them i would be come in, in 5 minutes and the man on the phone said "great! we'll will see you when you get here." So I came in waiting in line for 10-15 minutes to be talked to, then by the time the one guy working there came up to me he told me it would be an 30 min/ hour long wait unless i made an appointment. I told him i called and said i was going to be in in 5 minutes and he said that wasnt a formal appointment so there wasnt anything he could do. So then i made an appt. for 2:45 i got there then had to wait until 3 to be talked to. The guy in line in front of me told me he made an appt. for 2:20, and was just picking something up. finally when i got called up i showed him my computer and he said he would have to run a diagnostic but he thinks it was the hard drive so that meant it would have to be sent to the company for them to fix it which could take a week or two. I said okay whatever do what you need. Then by the 24th i hadn't gotten a call back so i looked up the status using the online tracker. There was a notification saying they needed to talk to me before they proceeding in fixing it. That was posted the 19th the day i brought it in. So basically i bought it in to sit there. So i called asking WTF is being done to my computer and why haven't they called. The man on the phone said the hard-drive was broken and it needed to be sent to the company to be fixed. I asked why they hadn't done that and he couldn't give me an answer "I just reading what's in the notes ma'am" he kept saying. I asked why they hadn't called me and he just gave me the same response. I am so angry with this company. That computer is what i use for college. It has been a set back not having it and they have only made that worse. Please I impel you to not go through them with your computer needs.

veronicas39
12/9/16

Not all my experiences with Geek Squad have been negative, I have to say I've been helped by two techs in particular who were friendly and very helpful, but I would only ever use Geek Squad as a last resort.
I recently went to them because my computer was acting up. After being unable to make any fixes during the consultation, the guy told me for $150 I can have my computer diagnosed and that would take maybe a week. I'm a college student and this was around finals so having a week without my computer was unacceptable. The tech also tried to convince me how great it would be because they would include or have something about online/phone/in-store support. That's absolutely useless for me and I told the guy as much.

My boyfriend looked at my system and almost completely fixed my issues. My complaint isn't that I would have to pay for the service, I understand what a business is, but for $198 I bought a tablet computer to use for work while keeping my slow/iffy computer for casual internet browsing and gaming rather than shell out $150 and maybe get my problem fixed. I have a feeling their fix would involve restoring my system and having my lose all my stuff unnecessarily.

Again, I don't doubt that these people can fix your systems, but I always feel like I'm getting ripped off.

bille31
Bill E.
10/12/16

Best thing I ever did was to sign up to the Geek Squad online for just the price of a couple of cups of coffee a month. They have helped with my phone, computer, laptop and tablet online, remotely over the phone and in-store. They have never failed to fix something for me in over 3 years. I can't understand why everyone doesn't use them!

alexe149
Alex E.
7/13/16

I have had to contact the Geek Squad twice this week. 1 problem was very serious, I had deleted very important information, trying to solve this myself, I deleted the delete!!!!!!!!! To cut a long story short, the Agent after a great deal of trouble restored everything. He was patience personified. It is worth every penny, and I will definitely use them again.

marym411
Mary M.
1/10/16

The service provided by Geeksquad is excellent. I cannot understand how anyone can give less than 5 stars for the service. I found a contact number on the site quickly and easily. The telephone response time was very quick. The agents are knowledgeable, friendly and determined to resolve issues. With any computer problem or issue, you just phone up and an agent logs on and resolves the issue without you having to do anything. I love this service.

adamh81
Adam H.
1/4/16

Having had a previous poor experience (with another company), Geek Squad provided a very fast and reliable service - providing a very good price to fix my old iPhone. I will definitely use them again.

howardg23
1/4/16

This Co with Geek Squad is so bad and the help is so nasty you pay for help and you get nasty help and will do as it likes not as I ask and makes more mess-up on my computer and I say stop and will not plays with things I did not ask them mad thing worse I ask for the to MGR and cant get them then I find out sum won takes my Phone NO and address out of the computer as if I never pad for help and that was BS know it is over 9 days and NO call from them as if the Co cares I'm so mad so know I take them to court for 1500.00 and if I had goat the time of day I was looking for them to stop the BS if fix things and stop making us stay on the phone for 3 to 6 HR for help and then not the write help line then more time and 2 YR free of Webroot and this was part of things that did not get a fix on as other things so after all the BS I make them pay big time hope the Co is happy

johnw569
John W.
12/27/15

The help I received on the GeekSquad website was very good, I thought the process was going to be much more stressful for me but the site made it so much easier, and the staff were great to work with. I would highly recommend using the service to anyone.

margaretm124
Margaret M.
11/30/15

I first used a comparison website to find a phone repair service. The price quoted and service rating led me to Geek Squad and I haven't been disappointed. Return envelope arrived quickly after completing my online request, an email confirming receipt of the phone came right away and then processing payment was very efficient. First class experience. Oh, and my phone is working great!

ronm52
5/6/15

I discovered this morning that the Window's key on my keyboard was not working. I spoke with an agent who had to elevate the problem as it "as over her head." I had to go into the city, so left GS working on this issue. I got a phone call roughly 2 hours later that the problem had been corrected.

Only to get home and not able to open Outlook, so I had to have another remote session conducted on my PC. I again had to leave the PC unattended, and came back and it was finally correct. At this point, I have very little faith in Geek Squad, and will consider other alternatives when my 1-year contract runs out.

masond9
1/30/15

My cat Morris has long since loved to lay on top of my computer tower while I am online. It's warm and cozy and probably has a great view of the room as far as a cats point of view goes. So it was no surprise when I started noticing a funny noise coming from the inside of my computer when I started it up. The noise finally got so bad that Morris refused to venture on top any longer. It was quite a frightening sound. And then out of the blue the computer would no longer load Windows. Sadly I took my injured lil computer into the Geek Squad ER and prayed that they could perform some life saving procedure that miraculously reunites us like in Soap Operas. They took the computer and within a few days my diagnosis was complete.. Death by Hard Drive Failure."O say it ain't so!" "It was so young etc."

Then the technician mentioned that they could install a new hard drive, do data recovery and reinstall the Windows operating system. He then quoted me a price that almost sent me to the REAL ER. It was almost $700! I could buy a whole new computer for that amount. Feeling like I should probably do some "shopping around" I took my computer home. At work the next day I looked up a few other businesses that could help me but would be me within my budget. I selected Secure Remote Support because they offered me the very best deal on parts and labor. I had my computer back within a week and had all of my pictures, music and files back too. I was afraid I might have lost some very important honeymoon photos. It was less than half of what Geeks Squad was wanting and I felt like I was dealing with an experienced technician not a high school kid in his first job.

jasonm124
1/23/15

Do not hire Geek Squad to do anything with your computer. They've been found to snoop through your personal files, including pictures, financials and other documents. Additionally, there are numerous complaints out there about them scamming customers by telling them that they have something more wrong with their machine than they actually do. Its complete and flat out fraud. Michelle's suggestion below was a good one, and that's who I'm having fix this mess the "Geeks" created. Find someone you can trust! NOT GEEK SQUAD!

karlal5
11/19/14

good site

michellem63
9/29/14

Be wary of these Big Box stores and their "computer repair" technicians. I've experiencing nothing short of anguish and egregious amount of errors and mistakes on their part. Most recently, I took a computer in to have it looked at for errors upon start up. It appeared that there might be a bug or something causing some startup problems.

My computer is used mostly for business, and has up-to-date virus protection installed. I have however, gotten infections in the past. My line of work requires a lot of internet research so I might be predisposed to certain types of infections.

The last time I had to take my computer to Geek Squad, the Agent, let me know that it would take about 3 days to clean up and return the computer to a usable state. Unfortunately, it took over 7 business days to get my computer back. The original quote of $149.99 turned into $349.99. In the end, I got my PC back, late and over estimate. They informed me that I needed a new hard drive.

Once I got the computer back, I still was having issues with the new operating system installation. Apparently, once they installed the operating system, they left a few issues unresolved. My computer was missing the data, the computer was starting in a weird mode that I could not get it out of and It was incredibly slow to start and restart.

I began to look at reviews of Geek Squad, and I came across this site. One of the users suggested SecureRemoteSupport, as a possible alternative to Geek Squad. After doing my research I contacted them to repair my still broken machine. After a brief diagnostic period, which I did not pay for, they informed me that there was nothing wrong with my old hard drive and that I had been scammed by Geek Squad. John was able to get my computer up and running using the old hard drive and after a few hours, got the infections removed from the PC. I didn't lose any data and I didn't have to reinstall any programs. Additionally, John offered me LIFETIME protection software for the computer. While expensive, it is guaranteed. Geek Squad won't do that.

I was able to go back to the Best Buy Geek Squad and speak to the manager and explain the entire situation. I offered up the invoice and diagnostic paperwork from Secure Remote Support and they decided to give me a full refund. I did have to threaten a chargeback with my American Express. I also returned the hard drive that the Agent said was absolutely necessary for my machine.

Most interesting, while I was waiting in line to speak to a manager, there were approximately 6 other customers in front of me. Of all those people, most of them I heard complaining about issues and problems that weren't related to the computer. It sounded as if they were experiencing similar issues to me. After reading some of the reviews related to them, I am not surprised there are this many problems with this service. I will not be using the Geek Squad in the future, and I suggest that you don't either.

Tip for consumers: Avoid the Geek Squad at all costs!

80 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the GeekSquad staff and other customers.

GeekSquad?