Review of Best Buy

onlinestore@bestbuy.com
2017 Customer choice award

andrewl287
10/18/18

Very fast services and smooth payment. The delivery was prompt and professionally handled. Excellent communication during the process and very helpful staff. A very trustworthy company.

youngl20
10/11/18

best and fast delivery within two days,friend i will advice you all to order from best buy and also there rep is very smart and antentive......they rock

karena298
10/11/18

ordered a Bosch dishwasher ($967.00) and was told that it was to be delivered 1.5 weeks later. I was given a five hour window then a 12 hour window, then a six hour window, then finally back to a 12 hour window. The day before I had not heard from BestBuy so I called and was told that it would be there between 7 am and 12 noon, delivered and installed. When it didn't arrive I called Best Buy to say that I had to work that evening and was told that it could be as late as 7 pm. They said that nobody at Best Buy would give less than a 12 hour window and I must be mistaken or that it had changed at the last minute. No apologies for my loss of a vacation day from work or for "not showing up at all". They lied to me about the delivery and then said, "just do what everyone else does and get your money refunded when they don't show". Also on your order form, they do not include a telephone number and try to get you just to look at your status online. You will need to search the internet to get a number so that you can wait 20 minutes to speak with a customer rep. They don't want you to contact them. Its been more than 10 years since I last ordered from Best Buy and I thought maybe they had changed. They have not. Customer service is worse today than it ever has been. Feel free to reach out to me for more info as I want everyone to know how awful this company is. They don't care at all about customers. Terrible experience. Go elsewhere.

markp497
10/11/18

The management is absolutely fantastic! They make sure everyone and everything is going smoothly! It's nice to see managers that actually care!

mial40
10/11/18

Their store is always so clean! I have a sense of comfort when I walk in here every time! Walking into a clean store can really make my day!

felixb43
10/6/18

If you're a gamer, you have to come here! They have a few older systems but they mostly have newer stuff! They have plenty of games to choose from as well

davidj553
9/25/18

I love this store so much! They have just about electronic you could think of here! I found a heck of a deal on my new laptop!

dannyc118
9/13/18

I had an amazing shopping experience. I will most definitely be coming for more products. I highly recommend this store.

cherylm323
9/8/18

I was told if I pay Pomo I will have a zero Balance please don't listen to anybody that tell you this you wii still have a balance They are very conniving and cheaters continue to pay your bill monthly

joshg117
8/29/18

It's nearby my workplace. I go there often. Real easy to find what you look for, professional staff too. Thumbs up.

johns3148
8/24/18

Regarding Sharp lc-50lb481u 50" smart roku TV....18 months ago I purchased this unit mainly on impulse..as when I spend that type of money I usually spend time on researching the item...price seemed too good and as it turned out it was...looking at reviews now I see this is a know problem..where just over a year the units go black screen..but maintain sound..the CS guy it was a major failure..when I said it appeared to be a known issue at the time they were selling them..why did they do so..I was civil...but just posting this as a heads up...any store that sells a know defective item will at some point get a class action suit on them..these sets may be headed that way..also said it was the most expensive part and not worth fixing..but would pass my info onto the engineering dept....in hopes they can better the product so others can avoid this issue...so now 18 months latter I have to pay to take it to recycle...considering passing this onto our AG here in this state as he has done an excellent job of getting justice for the consumer..and this one is a no brainer...just a heads up...no more Sharp branded products in this family..but Best Buy is just about the only game in town unless I want to do Internet...

mikej333
8/22/18

Delivered brand new TV. Screen is ridiculously cracked. I call to set up exchange. After an hour they tell me to call back tomorrow. They cant set up the exchange because the TV is still listed in transit. Now i have to take another 1/2 day of work for a pick up and delivery and hopenthe new TV is not cracked. I cant wait until they go out of business.

barbaraf198
8/16/18

Went to Mt Laurel store-good display of dishwashers. Great salesperson, Ordered to be installed. Gave me a 4 hr window. Did not call or text as stated. After 5 hrs, I called. Showed up after 6 hrs. Came in & immediately almost hit a painting on the wall with a soiled cardboard. I said-you almost hit the painting. Response-it was only cardboard. Then left. Supervisor said that he had a back his employee. Compensation for losing almost a day of work & starting over-$50 store credit. Went to Johnnie's Appliances. 1 Hr window. Called and came. Very professional. Faster turnaround. Cheaper price.

bruceb285
8/16/18

As the old saying goes, "no good deed goes unpunished." Wanted to buy a wireless mesh system. Amazon had it for $10 less, but being a (former) loyal Best Buy customer I steered the business to them. Worst decision I ever made.

Getting the price match from BB was a major headache. First you have to complete the order at their list price, then jump through all kinds of hoops with a BB rep to get the final price modified. I received an email confirming my purchase. However, apparently the BB rep did something during the price adjustment that caused the order to get canceled.

Now, wouldn't simple common sense dictate that when an online order gets canceled (by BB's system, not the client) that it automatically gets passed to a human being to make an attempt to save the sale? I sure think all BB shareholders would agree... No attempt whatsoever was made. To add salt to the wounds, the cancellation email ended up in my spam folder, so I didn't see it for 2+ weeks. Only when the unit didn't arrive did I discover it.

For two weeks now the BB live chat feature has not been working, even during normal business hours (I tried on 2 PCs). I finally tried to reply to the cancellation email, and got the most unhelpful response ever:

"This is an automated response. Please do not reply to this email.
If you need additional assistance, please visit www.bestbuy.com/expertservice."

Does this mean there will be no further response to my email? Apparently so, because none has been received. The link just takes you to the normal customer service links.

So the moral to the story is, if Amazon has a lower price, just take it. BB doesn't deserve the efforts you have to make to get a price match. Their software should be automatically matching prices, or they don't deserve the business...

js460
8/8/18

I periodically order from the site and go into the store, and I like the products. Some of the customers are crazy (like in the Brooklyn Atlantic Terminal location). I almost got into a fight with the man in front of me because he was standing too close to me on line (crazy). But not the store's fault. The website has a good selection too, and I've found a lot of really specific pieces of equipment I've needed on there.

kareno111
7/31/18

very over price. i would shop amazon. wont suggest their service at all. their returns process is worst.

heatherl174
7/30/18

Love their selection of computers. Even though they are kind of pricy the have great products and accessories.

cathym36
7/24/18

Love best buy whether I take in my computer, buy something from the store, or order online it's always a smooth transaction. Great store. Good people, friendly and helpful.

timp172
7/23/18

Please do yourself a favor and don't geek squad it for anything computer related. they said my home equipment (I just had working the week before) was too old and they could not hook it up.

I called my old tech guy and we figured out they connected our new house wifi incorrectly. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with them and gave them remote log in.... nothing accomplished

you also get no refunds if you're dissatisfied. I paid twice....

I also used them for home theatre and they did well there.

byeb
7/12/18

Best Buy
Best Buy 2018-07-12
1/5
Beware of Best Buy's "You Can Return It" Claim

After spending $789 on a Samsung Galaxy S9 phone, plus $45 on the case and $31 on the glass cover, plus the $11 per month for the damage and loss/theft protection plans, I also asked the sales person about stands for the back of it I case I would ever want to set it on a tray table on a flight and watch a video or whatever. He showed me some pop-sockets for $15 each. I said I wasnt sure if I would want to put it on the phone, but would buy one and think about it. He indicated I could return it within 14 days as long as I had the packaging and receipt.

Two days later, I decided the $15 pop-socket wasnt going to be something I would use, and brought it back to the same Best Buy. I was able to return it, but in the course of the transaction a second receipt generated saying Warning, future returns might be declined. I asked what that meant and the customer service person she did not know. There was info on that receipt about contacting "The Retail Equation" to get more information on our return activity.

In any returns we have made to large retailers - Target, Home Depot, Lowe's etc. - we have always made the return within the acceptable return period, always with a receipt, and have never been issued a "warning" or been denied a return. So I didn't think much more about it, thought it was possibly a fluke or that Best Buy was doing this to deter people from returning things too often or without a receipt.

Fast forward to a week or so later when my husband called to tell me that Best Buy refused to allow his return of a $120 wireless TV device. At the time of his purchase, he was also assured by the salesperson that he could return the item within 14 days, as long as he had the receipt. He had not removed the device from the package, had his receipt, and attempted the return within the 14-day period. He was told by the customer service person that there was nothing Best Buy could do about the denied return and that he would need to contact "The Retail Equation" - the vendor Best Buy had hired to monitor fraudulent returns, returns without receipts, etc. As we were following Best Buy's return policy to a "T", yet were denied the credit, we have disputed the charge with our credit card company and hope to have it resolved that way. We are also considering sharing our story with a major law firm who is collecting peoples' experience with The Retail Equation in consideration of a possible class action.

Thanks for nothing, Best Buy. Apparently my $900.00-plus phone purchase, along with thousands of dollars of TVs, laptops, electronic accessories and gift cards we've purchased over the past 20 years, count for nothing. Bye-bye, Best Buy. We won't be shopping there again and look forward to patronizing retailers where the "You Can Return It" claim actually means something.

franciscos55
7/10/18

I got hooked on the Deal of the Day. I check them everyday. Sometimes, the bargains are just too good to pass up. The deals are only good for 24 hours and limited quantities, so you have to act fast.

johnm1913
7/8/18

I had a great distaste for Best Buy due to many negative experiences. Recently I begrudgingly went back to Best Buy to look at 4k TV's. I found the experience to be very enlightening. The sales staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. I am not kidding this truly was a great experience. So much so that Best Buy has become the store I Once believed it should have been.

Since then, I have gone back multiple times for other products. There rewards program is "ok". Although they do step you up a level once you start to buy more product. They send you $40.00 off certificates etc. They have a fairly extensive relationship with Magnolia as well. The Magnolia sales person actually delivered my TV personally. I am giving them 5 stars now based on multiple experiences. By the way do take advantage of their price matching program. There are significant discounts to be had there.

jacep3
7/8/18

I always feel at home at Best Buy. All the gadgets and technology I need for my vehicle and fitness goals are here.

barryb29
6/20/18

Bought a TV a week ago. It was supposed to be delivered today between 9-12. Got a robo call at 10:30 saying it would be here between 12-4. It never arrived. I called the store in Prescott, AZ. Nobody answers the phone there and never have. Checked online. No info.about the order or its whereabouts. Finally got on a chat with a rep from the company as there's no customer service at the store. On chat, I decided they had wasted my day and to cancel the item. I wasn't about to wait again. The representative apologized for the delay and admitted the TV wasn't in stock and had been back ordered.Nobody bothered to inform me of this and I waited all day for this delivery that would never arrive. This is just another example of a company not caring about it's customers. They deserve to have their doors closed. One star is too many.

markd274
6/18/18

The extended Warranty and Service is suspect at best. I went to the tech counter and was told the pen for my Surface Pro needed new tips when all it needed was a battery. Now I have a set of tips I don't need, and $20.00 plus dollars that could have been spent on groceries, and wasn't.

206 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I am sure there is a catch-like a 2 year contract. No one gives you a phone for $1

By Leon M.

I would write a letter to your state's attorney general. There are laws regarding taking advantage of senior citizens. I would specifically ask for documentation from Best Buy in which your grandmother gave them permission to recycle her 18 month old computer. If they cannot produce that document they may be in very big trouble with the state's attorney general. I would also write the BBB and contact your public officials. This I think would be paramount to theft if your grandmother did not give them permission to recycle her computer. On the flip side of things, ASUS is a very good machine. My son is a computer scientist and swears by ASUS. I have three ASUS machines one of which is over 5 years old and it is a workhorse. Unless something significant happens in the ASUS business world, I will continue to buy ASUS!

By Anna K.

All I can say is that you obviously have been very lucky. I was a dedicated customer for 25 years, however, I would do without before I ever spent another dime in a Best Buy!!!!

By Anna K.

Questions? Get answers from the Best Buy staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Best Buy