Review of Best Buy

onlinestore@bestbuy.com
2018 Customer choice award

delilahw3
2/6/19

I was scheduled to have an appliance installed on a certain date, I found out that for "whatever" reason, Best Buy opted to change the delivery date for the next day, I took a vacation day from work, solely for the purpose of this delivery Yes, I AM a bit ticked off, After about 30 minutes of waiting on the phone ( I was hung up on twice) I finally got to talk to a REAL person, and maybe the NEXT delivery date will NOT be goofed up!

I was warned before about Best Buy, and I didn't listen!. FYI the store in question is the Best Buy in Avon Indiana.

jakej54
2/6/19

I had to return a wifi camera that stopped working. I was glad that I bought the protection plan. Went in. Returned the camera without ANY hassle. They shipped out a new one to me within days.

tonik41
2/4/19

I have made many purchases thru bestbuy and always been pleased. Communication is great, timely delivery, and the prices very good. Thank you!

caitlinl23
1/28/19

We had the WORST experience buying our stackable washer/dryer at Best Buy. They were late delivering it today (Monday) and wore their snowy/dirty boots inside our house and on the carpet. Not only that, when they took out our old washer/dryer, they set it on our carpet and now it is stained, where is a protective tarp? Only gets worse...they installers left because they were behind schedule and as my husband ran the initial cycle, the washer began leaking all over the carpet. He called customer service immediately (now 5pm) and they said they couldn't schedule a return/replace until the truck returned to the warehouse tonight. I called the customer service line and the store which we bought it from and they are not unable to come to replace the unit until Friday. There is no urgency or desire for them to help us get this defective piece of equipment out of our house. I even said I just wanted to return it if this is the best they can do for us and they still can't get out to our house to remove it until Friday. I can't believe how poor their customer service is and the poor quality of machinery they deliver. I will NEVER buy anything from Best Buy again. Worst experience, they clearly don't give a crap that their product is defective nor about their customer's experience.

junkoc2
1/22/19

For this Holiday Season, I ordered big screen TV and sound box. I found better price with other web site. But as I read the reviews, the sites were claimed broken screens at the time of arrivals. I did know I didn't want to waste my time to return bringing back the large screens around. However I found few reviews on Best Buy, saying well packaged shipments with double boxes. The review was true. I was very amazed to see delivered large box, which didn't have store name. Even from the size of box, you could guess it is a large screen TV. And it was double boxed. I was very pleased .
I always have good experience with Best Buy, either with home delivered or store pick ups. I also like the choices I have on the products. They also have good sales on major holidays.

dineshk37
1/21/19

The only site which cannot be beaten on a electronic purchase due to its lowest price offered. In case if you find a better price somewhere else which I bet you cannot unless you are a Costco/Sams/BJ member like me, still bestbuy does a price match for you which no other retailer does!!

carolinay2
1/4/19

When I made purchase ($1500) with store card, they included the reward points to a wrong account and I asked for the correction. Then it took them forever to fix the mistakes they made, I have called four times already, Best Buy still keeps the mistakes they made. Best Buy deserves zero star, the worst company in the world! It should be renamed as "Worst Buy".

suzannep104
1/4/19

Don't buy appliances from Best Buy - it's a minefield of issues

I ordered a dishwasher online, being careful to choose to get an installed one, even paying extra for the hardware kit ($32 extra) and hauling away my old dishwasher ($20). I checked my order over several times to be sure I had it right. When the people came to deliver it they told me they couldn't install it because they thought I didn't choose that option (wrong!) and a separate group of people could do it, they couldn't.

We called customer "service" & spoke to a rep who was argumentative, told me I had to call ANOTHER customer "service" number to schedule delivery, & kept demanding that I tell her whether I wanted to accept delivery RIGHT NOW. I told her if I needed a separate appointment & had no idea when I could get installation (I already waited 2 months for this one - ordered 11/8/18 & the first available date was New Year's Eve, so I had to go with the 2nd available date, 1/4/19) so how could I know when THEIR COMPANY could get here to install their product? I said I needed to get that info first, I wasn't going to have my partially working dishwasher removed and left without a dishwasher indefinitely. I needed to have the basic facts before I made that decision. The rude woman kept demanding I answer, saying their people couldn't wait a few minutes while I found out the necessary info from Best Buy. I said this is your fault the situation was created because I ordered delivery AND if your customer service line is prompt it wouldn't take long anyway.

After I got off the phone the delivery guys (very nice guys, subcontractors, who said they see this all the time) said they could leave the new dishwasher on the truck & I wouldn't get charged "today" (a word that leads me to believe there will be more fighting to come soon with Best Buy! By the way, when I called my husband immediately after they left he said there was a $20 charge from Best Buy that posted today - & I've bought nothing else from them lately!)

I called the Westbury Best Buy and was on hold for 30 minutes - including the 1st call that abruptly disconnected on me! Then, I reached a rep named Christian, who was very nice & understanding, who told me THEY COULDN'T EVEN SCHEDULE A DELIVERY because the item was still on the truck! REALLY? REALLY???!!!!

This blew my whole morning, and another errand I was supposed to get done, & my installation still is left unfinished. Now I have to wait until at least tmrw (Saturday, their busiest day!) to call again when I should have been helped today. I don't know about you, but my life is crazy busy & I don't need this!

I chose Best Buy because I thought I could count on them for a routine purchase of an installed appliance without being tortured and having my time wasted. I was wrong to pick Best Buy.

I can still get a full refund, still deciding whether to do so.

Tip for consumers: Don't even use it, if you find a store with an employee you trust to tell you what you need to know (& wouldn't know to ask if you didn't work there!) then perhaps it would work but even then be warned

jeremyl161
12/27/18

I ordered two laptops for my kids for Christmas. They told me I'm have them in two days. I received a notice several hours after the order that my order was delayed. I called to cancel my order so I could get different items. I was assured by the representative that I would have them before Christmas and not to worry about it. One of the items arrived as promised two days later. I assume the other one was on the way. I had check tracking and it said a label had been issued. 4 days later I called to find out the tracking status. they said they weren't sure it when it would be there in maybe I should call the shipper. I called Federal Express Federal Express said that the store never called them to pick up the item. I called them back they told me that they were doing The intercept in measured me it would be there for Christmas. it is now December 27th and the item still has not been picked up and they will not let me cancel the item. I have to wait till it arrives and then return it at the store. Don't waste your time with bestbuy.com you're better off dealing with other people.

joel272
12/13/18

Had MAJOR problems with Best Buy today. I attempted to order a tablet (IPad). When I reached the order screen and prepared to make payment, I received an error stating the item was no longer available. I chatted with a BB rep, who said I should try again because he showed it to still be available. If that did not work, try again and call BestBuy I was still not able to order , so I called BB and was informed that the item was not available. Thereafter, the item was no longer available on the website at that price (listed for $80 more), and other options were also increased in price by over 10%. Ordered an alternate option. Subsequently received a voice message from BestBuy needing info. I returned the call and spent 45 minutes on the phone attempting to determine what the issue was. I was bounced between 3 different reps, all of whom said they could not help (despite the fact that I provided order # and the BestBuy reference #). I then attempted to chat with BestBuy, and the response I received was "I see that the case is open they are still working on this issue I request you to wait for a couple of days."

Wow - really great and effective service. This should tell you all you need to know about BB and their customer serice.....

oksanak12
12/13/18

Happy Holidays!

I am writing to you today in regards to the recent
experience my son and I had at the Best Buy, Rockville, MD location store while
having installation of the rear and side view cameras done along with the
remote start.

First of all, after having the cameras and remote start
installation done last Friday in November this year (my car was at the shop for
seven hours), I had to come back to the store the very next day as my son and I
realized the next morning that the front passenger seat door cannot be open
from inside. We knew right away that it was obviously an issue with
installation as we had no such problem with the car in the past.

So, we came back to the store on Saturday morning where we
were greeted by the person standing in the middle of the doors chewing the food
with his mouse open. We found it to be very offensive and an inappropriate. The
first thought comes to mind - is this how employees at that store are trained
to greet the costumers? Are not they allowed to have break and lunch?

Second, that same person, who had no name tag (at least it
was not visible to us) asked us if we need help and we asked to talk to the
manager. It took a while before Joe Baez came to greet us. We had explained
that we came back after realizing that installation was not done properly and
we are not able to open the door from inside. He told us that Nate Metcalf, the
person who had done the work had family emergency and did not come to work. He
suggested we come back and I gave him my number asking to pass onto Nate that I
need to bring my car back.

I got a call from Nate on Sunday (yesterday) morning. He
asked me if I can come at 7:00 pm. I explained to him that I cannot come at
that time as my son and I already had plans for that evening. This year is especially difficult to us as I
lost my husband to ALS last year and am a widow and a single mother now.

Nate then suggested 12:00 pm.

When I had entered the store little bit after 12:00 pm
yesterday I was greeted by the same person, chewing with his mouse wide open
asking if I need help. At that time I had the car fixed by Nate and had decided
to take upon Joe's offer to ask for a discount for inconvenience which he had
mentioned on Saturday he will be able to grand after Nate is done with
correcting the mistake. It made sense to me, so I came back to the store.

When Joe saw me, he acted as he had never seen me before. He
was acting unprofessional, inappropriate and disrespectful. I asked him if the
reason he is treating me that way is because I am a woman he replied he feels I
am harassing him. I cannot understand why he would get such impression. I came
back to take upon his offer and he acted as he never heard of it and does not
understand what I want from him. Then he went to Nate. I came from the customer
side and had witnessed him whispering with Nate after which he reluctantly gave
me $53.00 discount which I felt was not enough to justify the treatment I had
received at the store along with the service. In addition, he asked why I chose
this particular store and wished I never came.

I also noticed that Nate's license, which is displayed by
the window at costumer's side in the shop had expired in 2017. When I asked him
if he has a current license, I had received a very unclear answer which sounded
as he has it, but he had not received it yet. It sounded very strange as we are
entering 2019 and the expiration date was listed as in the middle of 2017. I
wish I had noticed it earlier. How is it possible that Nate allowed to work
under expired license?

One thing I have to say is though Nate did a mistake, he
obviously is a hard worker who knows his stuff, but clearly overworked and
needs at least another person at the shop. I had noticed that he did not even
had a chance to eat which made me feel very sorry for him as a human been.

This was a very disturbing experience. I was living in this
area for over 21 years and though I was aware of the Best Buy's reputation I
thought I should give this chain a benefit of the doubt. Unfortunately, it was
big mistake on my part.

rosem318
12/3/18

If you need an appliance, save your time and don't go through Best Buy. I got a microwave and stove through them a few months ago. They showed up 2 hours after our time frame making us late for work. We decided to give them another chance since Home Depot did not prove to be any better when it came to getting a washer and dryer. They came out 2 weeks after buying the systems and within days the dryer was not working. We waited a few more days for a tech to come back out and he said the unit was defective. We called customer service waited on hold for an hour finally scheduled someone to come replace it. The guys never showed and never called. We called customer service and 2 hours on the phone fighting with reps (being called a $#*! by one of them) and speaking to a supervisor, they refused to come back out. They kept saying we missed our appt. It was a rainy day we were home and have 2 dogs we did not miss it, they skipped us. Now they are coming back out tomorrow to install the new one. This place is full of idiots who are disgustingly terrible to their customers! I will NEVER go through Best Buy again. We are elite members, you would think they cared what we had to say when we have spent thousands every year there!!

marym1185
12/3/18

I love shopping at Best Buy. They offer the best prices, good customer service, and good deals. I find they sometimes lack in products, but overall been happy with what I find there like the apple phone cases, vacuums and humidifiers I got. They have a great selection on TV's not the best price, but they match!

cesarp32
12/1/18

Some couple of year i get the problem of my pc and but when i get a new one so there is no problem of thing hardware issue

crystalb94
11/25/18

I've have never had a problem with bestbuy.com very easy-to-use. Products received within credible time. Also the pick up at store option is also a plus and very quick

juliusw17
11/25/18

I recently bought a windows 10 laptop computer from bestbuy.com to assist me in running my automobile company. The processing speed of the machine is way too good than I expected. When I compare the price of the laptop with its capabilities, it seems like it was given to me for free. I liked the assurance they offer to their customer. They give a one-year warranty for products of these kind

johnk1129
11/15/18

We have had the Geek Squad service for a few years, and been very happy when we used them at the Anderson SC store. Today my wife contacted the Geek Squad to help with her computer which is one of the three covered in our contract.Nope, no account for us, so the wife paid $200 for the service. When I got home and found out, I called the Anderson SC store. Sure enough, we have an account until Oct 2019. It is currently Nov 2018.So, to get a refund, I have to call an 800 number. When I finally get thru the layered recorded menus, I get a person that I can't understand. I tried for 10 minutes or so. I have no clue what the person's first language was, so I hung up and called in again. Finally get thru the menus, and again, some guy that I can't even understand his "hello" or whatever he said. I guess we are out the $200, plus the second plan. All I can do now, is find a new service, and not to back to Best Buy again. I spent 30 minutes this evening trying to get thru to someone who spoke English at Best Buy. Nope, you can't get there from here!

anthonyl213
11/14/18

I use to feel sorry Best Buy for the obvious of it soon filling for bankruptcy. We decided to give them some business and buy a fridge from them. Including paying them to move our old fridge out.

The fridge was completely empty and ready to be unplugged and moved out. Except they FAILED to tell us the delivery instructions, that you have to have the water line unplugged. They also didn't include this as a requirement for home deliveries.

The delivery driver came into my home and said he couldn't complete the delivery and called their 1800# to cancel the delivery. I requested a few minutes to allow me to unplug the fridge and the driver refused and told the rep on the phone that he was leaving and he wasn't going to wait the 2 minutes it takes to unplug the fridge. The 1800# rep was not cooperating and let the driver leave when the task was so simple and I was willing to unplug the fridge myself.

Made me waste an entire day of work to wait for a delivery when they didn't do anything.

janetg142
11/7/18

It has a lot of electronics that you might need and some other related things, but its really not anything special. You would think that after being around for so long they would improve and stand out in some aspects but its really average.

derekc89
11/3/18

Had to get police involved. Their delivery crew surrounded me and began threatening me with physical violence. They only backed off when I dialed the police and began taking pictures.

The installation crew pulled apart a gas line, and I asked if they could reconnect it. They became angry when I asked if I could speak to a manager. I ended up having to connect it myself, and I called the gas company to check my work.

A little scary and not exactly what my wife and I expected. We just thought we were ordering an appliance--which they delayed twice (once without notifying us).

When a company is willing to let quality or services drop this far they are probably on the way out.

We will not be visiting Best Buy anymore. Their company has changed a lot, and it seems they only have money to contract their jobs out to the lowest priced thugs they can find.

jenniferr429
10/29/18

I've noticed that all the issues with Best Buy have caught up with them. They are shutting down really quickly. I'm guessing they forgot that other stores sale the same things with better prices.

alyciao
10/27/18

BEWARE: do not order from best buy. I ordered and paid for a printer. It said one day delivery. It has been 23 days and three customer service calls no help, no printer, not able to cancel order, no refund!!! Worst e experience ever!!!

natem47
10/26/18

So, samsung frontier watch. Known as galaxy gear s3. They overpriced the product. You paying that much money for smartwatch, so you are expecting excellent quality. Anyway, besides the price, watch is really usefull and has some really good features inside, my favourite is pulse tracking.

andrewl287
10/18/18

Very fast services and smooth payment. The delivery was prompt and professionally handled. Excellent communication during the process and very helpful staff. A very trustworthy company.

youngl20
10/11/18

best and fast delivery within two days,friend i will advice you all to order from best buy and also there rep is very smart and antentive......they rock

206 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I am sure there is a catch-like a 2 year contract. No one gives you a phone for $1

By Leon M.

I would write a letter to your state's attorney general. There are laws regarding taking advantage of senior citizens. I would specifically ask for documentation from Best Buy in which your grandmother gave them permission to recycle her 18 month old computer. If they cannot produce that document they may be in very big trouble with the state's attorney general. I would also write the BBB and contact your public officials. This I think would be paramount to theft if your grandmother did not give them permission to recycle her computer. On the flip side of things, ASUS is a very good machine. My son is a computer scientist and swears by ASUS. I have three ASUS machines one of which is over 5 years old and it is a workhorse. Unless something significant happens in the ASUS business world, I will continue to buy ASUS!

By Anna K.

All I can say is that you obviously have been very lucky. I was a dedicated customer for 25 years, however, I would do without before I ever spent another dime in a Best Buy!!!!

By Anna K.

write a genuine review for a product you buy from there, get upto $25 gift certificate

By Dinesh K.

Questions? Get answers from the Best Buy staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Best Buy