Review of Best Buy

onlinestore@bestbuy.com
2018 Customer choice award

jeffb632
7/14/19

Never, I repeat NEVER try to purchase something from Best Buy online. I am an Elite Plus member which apparently means nothing to this company. I recently purchased a Cooking Range online and made a subsequent call to their customer service line inquiring about earning Rewards member points being linked to this purchase. After being on the phone for hours and transferred around to several different departments, I was advised to cancel the order and place the same order using my Best Buy credit card. When they did this they subsequently informed me that the same product would be $1,000 more expensive. They have refused to honor the price I originally paid and have been nothing less than a nightmare to deal with. This is at best a case of untrained, uninformed employees and bordering in the area of a systemically dishonest retailer that does not value their customers at all.

isaaco13
7/11/19

I can imagine myself patronizing another vendor for this type of store. Wonderful service. I will gladly recommend anyone any time any day.

thomasr423
7/5/19

i am very glad that i used best buy, its easy to order and i got what i needed. i really recommend them. thanks

elliemayd
6/14/19

Waste of time and money.....not sure if I just had bad luck myself, but would probably avoid using to be honest.

troywaded
6/4/19

I signed up and made an appointment for Bestbuy in home support service and it was a load a crap. The admin canceled my appointment one day before the appointment. Did not establish communication with me and I wanted my appointment. When I call the guy from the email I got saying the appointment has been canceled; He said, "yea sir we don't do that you need geek squad and this was not a geek squad issue. All I'm saying is, if they don't want to do the work, they will blow you off for any reason. The guy on the phone was not trying to help me with my Bestbuy products which this service is for. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE, I WAS NOT HAPPY AT ALL.

eunk5
5/31/19

I went to Best Buy in Roseville MN today. Austin, a staff, was really patient to fix my daughter's cell phone. It took almost an hour. I was very moved that he worked so hard and tried many things to solve the problem that I had.

Thank you Austin!

oscari4
5/25/19

La tecnología es un arma de doble filo, ya que ultimamente observamos su gran e imparable avance, pero usado en muchos casos para fines siniestros

rays250
5/25/19

Very nice staff. Helpful and know lots about what they are selling. Nice Gaming computers as well !!!

williamf339
5/25/19

Never going back to Best Buy. I thought my receiver was out for my home entertainment equipment. Purchased a new receiver and paid to have Geek Squad come out to hook everything up. Sub contractor shows up not Geek Squad. They unplug my system and plug it back in. Everything comes back up and is working. No need to install new receiver. Took it back to Best Buy in Arlington on Pleasant Ridge. They gave me my money back, but the $150 they charged to come out when the guy is there for literally 5 minutes they would not credit or give me any type of discount. Why wouldn't the people in the store make this suggestion before I had someone not the Geek Squad to unplug and plug back in. Also, when the sub contractor comes out he thinks he is installing a new TV. Has to bring an extra guy with him because that is what the service order say. No communication between the store and the service people. I've purchased a lot of equipment, receivers, TV's, remote controls from this store and no consideration or attempt to make me happy. Just said that's the way it is.
I'M NEVER USING OR BUYING ANYTHING FROM BEST BUY AGAIN!!

mehmetd9
5/23/19

Bilgisayarlar güzel. İyi insanlar, yardımcı oluyorlar. Eğer elekrtonik malzeme alacaksanız buraya uğrayın

shannona78
5/22/19

Bought computer for my daughter at G.I. Ne store. Very pleased with all the employees who helped us. Especially Gary Thompson, he was very nice & knowledgeable. The Geek Squad was great also. Overall great experience.

shahidm7
5/22/19

I Like it this site Excellent Site "Quality product on a friendly budget" Brilliant experience"
"Great customer service
A truly effective solution for personal sh...Good value good price.

jaclynnm
5/20/19

I bought a quite expensive (1k+) computer from best buy on boxing day of 2017. I went for a 6 month trip after I had bought it and returned home to it with it still in the box. When I went to download Adobe illustrator for my business (geek squad suggested this computer because of that reason and it having some special nivida graphics card) my computer completely crashed. Un willing to do anything within the 1 year warranty, I had to buy their geek squad protection to have them fix it. I took it in on 3 different occasions and it is still the slowest computer I've ever used since the 90's on dial up. But they sold it to me as "better then a mac". They were apologetic in store, and my only request was to make sure they did not renew the membership at the end of the year and they said of course not. Now that I'm going through my bank statements, I noticed they did automatically renew without my permission but the opposite, and customer service is not willing to reimburse my money but only cancel my account now.

Horrible expensive computer
Horrible advice
Horrible geek squad service
Horrible trust
Horrible customer service

Expert highway robbers

davidw1442
5/17/19

Ordered a refrigerator. Delivery was 50 minutes late. Refrigerator was hinged on the right, I ordered it hinged on the left. Delivery person said I would have to call and schedule another delivery person for $25.00 to change door hinges. Top hinge cover is missing. I asked delivery person where it was. He looked in refrigerator and said it was not there.

jerizac1
5/17/19

Great to hear and review this site so meaningful and all are affordable good Ida's lots of things are amazing..thanks you

adeleyeo
5/15/19

Love is one of the thing that people like to find in some one special, and people are looking for it, if you can provide it, it will be easy to gain access to their heart

allana50
5/14/19

POOR PRODUCTS, POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EVEN WORSE MANAGEMENT. THEY LOST OUR BUSINESS!!!Absolutely
furious right now after trying to resolve an issue with manager, "Elena
A". It is difficult to explain a short version of all that has gone on
but thanks to a lack of customer service skills from this manager, Best
Buy has officially lost our business (we've spent upwards of $20k at BB
over the years).The story: Purchased 2 computers in February
2019....one wouldn't work out of the box, got another the next day. Then
that one started acting up and went dark (after 3 months). I opted to
upgrade the hard drive to solid state and merely asked that after 5
trips to the store and many hours on the phone to fix this thing, that
they give me a $140 credit to cover the Geek Squad cost to re-load the
operating system on the new disk. Nope, she wasn't going to do anything
for me...she flat out said that to me!!! I spent $2,500.00 here
on 2 computers and this is how they treat their customer!!!! Oh and they
"gave me $75 off hard drive" turned out it was overpriced $150! (their
list = $429.99 and exact same one on Amazon = $296.69!!! Ripping me off,
selling me faulty stuff and managers who are not trained how to retain
repeat business.So, for a poor choice by the manager, they have
lost our business. Over $140. Not a good move. I plan to call corporate,
I am not done with this as I intend to get a credit back (or next I
file a grievance with my credit card). They are not done with me yet,
just so angry right now. DO NOT SHOP BEST BUY IN DUBLIN, CA !!!!!!

ngocp3
5/14/19

i bought an ipad to surprise for my daughter but she preferred one with more storage. So, after two days i called BestBuy if I can return it at a different location because it was convenient for me, on the phone BestBuy was really nice about it, but when I went to the Schaumburg Bestbuy to return they weren't nice at all..She told me she preferred that I return it where I bought it from, but she returned for me anyway , then another lady came over with an attitude and this let me know that Bestbuy is not the place to buy... We went straight to Apple to get another one...

sallyj65
5/9/19

Just ordered a couple of keyboards online for my desktop and the came the next day. Great service. They emailed me ever step of the way.

sibelg1
5/2/19

i recommend to everyone. Very fast shipping. İ bought comfortable boots and cozy cardigan. I want to order dress for my baby.

janam45
5/2/19

its very good..to join..what can i do..for to join bussines..and what bussines..please..i want studying

carenb1
4/20/19

We ordered a Best Buy Insignia TV on Amazon. The seller and the shipper were both listed as Best Buy so we felt confident we would get a good product.
We received the TV and after a few days we started having issues - error messages saying the channel we were watching was not available. TV would black out and we'd get another error message "playback failure", TV would lock up and we'd have to turn off then turn on again to continue watching. We contacted Amazon per the product site and were instructed to contact a local store. We contacted the store, they told us to bring the TV in and they would send it out for repair. It took three weeks to get the TV back and when my husband asked if the problem had been fixed Best Buy said, "we think so but we're not sure". He brought the TV home and after a few days the same problems started again. We took the TV back to Best Buy and they wanted to it send out again for repair...and yes, it would take 3-4 weeks to get it back. We said sending it out didn't fix the problems the first time so why should we think it would work this time. Store replied, there are no guarantees. We asked for a store credit (note: NOT a refund so they had nothing to lose) to go purchase another brand besides Insignia and Best Buy refused because they said it wasn't their TV and we couldn't get a store credit since we didn't purchase it directly from a store. When we showed them the Amazon receipt clearly stating it was a Best Buy Insignia and the return address on the label clearly showed shipped from Best Buy Chicago, they still argued it was not their TV. They explained we had a one year warranty and they'd be happy to continue to try to fix it during the warranty period. When we said what happens when the warranty expires - their response - we wouldn't be able to do anything for you. I located the store manager, explained the situation and said all we wanted was a store credit to purchase another brand. He said they couldn't do that since it wasn't a Best Buy TV. Showed him the order sheet to prove it came from Best Buy to no avail, so I said, well you leave me no choice but to leave negative feedback on your site and on Amazon. His response shocked me, he said, "Go ahead, we don't care". Apparently, Best Buy is so big they really don't care about customer service, lack of customer service, or customer satisfaction /dissatisfaction. Spend your money elsewhere.

andreww404
4/19/19

I had bought 3 "Geek Squad Certified" TVs a couple of years ago, but couldn't use one of them so I stored it away without even opening it. Recently I set it up to use...nothing but a broken screen image with a bunch of odd patters...useless. I took it in to the store..."call corporate", which I did. No help, it has been too long.

Beware of "Geek Squad Certified" products. TEST them right away. CHECK EVERYTHING YOU BUY IMMEDIATELY, or money down the drain.

PLUS, I have tried using Geek Squad a couple of times at $100 a pop...NO HELP whatsoever.

caspianl
4/15/19

Bad service. This site can hold orders for many hours before releasing the product. I think I won't buy from them anymore.

angelinac27
4/8/19

I bought an Apple cord for my computer. It was the wrong cord. I went to return it and cause it was after 14 days- they only gave me store credit. I NEVER shop at Best Buy so $100 of store credit is me being out of $100. I just didn't have time to return it sooner cause of work. Honestly I should have gone to the Apple store which was a huge mistake. The woman who helped me said sorry and shoved the receipt back. Just rude.
This is my 2nd bad time dealing with Best Buy. I should have just learned. I bought a dishwasher and had them install it. The installer was 5 hours late. I had to take the day off from work waiting for the installer. I kept calling and they said they were on their way. Each hour they were coming until it was 5 hours later. When I called to complain to Best Buy they sent me a measly $25 gift card. With Amazon, Costco and other places that having better customer service- I dont imagine Best Buy can compete for long treating customers like this. I wont buy from them again.

206 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I am sure there is a catch-like a 2 year contract. No one gives you a phone for $1

By Leon M.

I would write a letter to your state's attorney general. There are laws regarding taking advantage of senior citizens. I would specifically ask for documentation from Best Buy in which your grandmother gave them permission to recycle her 18 month old computer. If they cannot produce that document they may be in very big trouble with the state's attorney general. I would also write the BBB and contact your public officials. This I think would be paramount to theft if your grandmother did not give them permission to recycle her computer. On the flip side of things, ASUS is a very good machine. My son is a computer scientist and swears by ASUS. I have three ASUS machines one of which is over 5 years old and it is a workhorse. Unless something significant happens in the ASUS business world, I will continue to buy ASUS!

By Anna K.

All I can say is that you obviously have been very lucky. I was a dedicated customer for 25 years, however, I would do without before I ever spent another dime in a Best Buy!!!!

By Anna K.

write a genuine review for a product you buy from there, get upto $25 gift certificate

By Dinesh K.

Questions? Get answers from the Best Buy staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Best Buy