Review of FreeShipping

Tel: 1-800-869-5597
customerservice@freeshipping.com

jacobm108
12/15/17

I purchased over $10,000 during the holiday season, my account was shut down saying it is only for personal use! Did not get my $1,000, stick with Ebates, it's free and they actually pay you!

micheles102
12/13/17

Whatever you do, do not use freeshipping.com. I usually know better then this to fall into the trap of companies like this, but unfortunately had a weak moment one night and clicked the button for their service. Once I did I was being charged $12.97 to my charge card. Once I realized this, I immediately called them and had it stopped. They did reverse the charges without hesitation, but ironically I now have fraud on the very card that this was hitting. And interesting enough all my other charges are with reputable companies. So, my suspicion lies with freeshipping.com. Do not trust them with your information. They are nothing but a scam. So I guess they will stick it to you one way or another, either by $12.97 a month or rip you off by stealing your information and charging a bunch of charges on your credit card! Thank God my cc company realized it and put a stop to all the charges.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Michele,

I'm so sorry to hear about the inconveniences you are having with your card. I can assure you all information on our site is encrypted with the best software in the industry. We do not store any of your card information on file. If you have any questions regarding your account or your information don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com and I will certainly go over this with you. We are always here to help!

jial5
12/11/17

Beware there is a $1000 limit cashback which they do not let you know about it. I made over 20+ transactions during Thanksgiving/ Black Friday and now they declined all of them because according to them I reached my annual maximum cash back amount which they did let me know that I have reached. How am I supposed to know and keep track of the amount that I have received so far? Plus, they decline your cash back after like one month of your transaction which is very deceiving and misleading. If they would have let me know I did, I would not have made all the purchases with it and use Ebates instead; which is free service unlike this. Very bad customer service; they do not take responsibility for the fault in the program.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Jia,

I apologize for the confusion regarding your account. We do try and make the limits very clear to our members. You would have seen these when signing up, on the Savings Center page, How it Works, FAQ's and the Terms of Service. Please let me know if you have any questions on locating these.

heatherh122
12/11/17

I had two fees for this service on my credit card. They refunded me in two seconds without even asking why I wanted to cancel. When I asked how it got on my card, they said I registered for their service when I was on the Kohl's website. I absolutely did not! My next email is to Kohl's!

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Heather, sorry for any confusion regarding your account. We have a no questions asked cancellation policy, which is why you were cancelled and refunded immediately. If you would like to offer feedback or suggestions for us I would be more than happy to listen to them. You can email me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com. Thanks!
hugoh37
12/7/17
• Updated review

My original review did not start well at all. But after a rough start, I am extremely happy with the service that I received from FreeShipping.com.

I am perplexed that there are still great companies out there like Freeshipping.com that take the time to listen to their customers and do right when it is fair and possible. After my original review, Freeshipping offered me a full reimbursement for the eight months my credit card was charged. This is more than fair because I never used FreeShipping.com and I never applied for any rebate while I accept responsibility because I should have noticed this charge from the first month but I took 8 months to figure it out.

I am sure that if it was any other company, I would have most likely never been contacted and if I was, it would have been in the form of a simple apology for any misunderstanding. This was not the case with Freeshipping.com, as they went far beyond than what I expected. After receiving my refund, I know that they believe in what they are offering to their customers and are not out there to take advantage of anyone, as perhaps I may have implied in my original posting. I didn't know better.

Perhaps the only thing that they could improve is to think of better ways to grow their customer base. Many times it is better to grow slow but with customers that are actually into their service than too many that may end up signing up lured by a different product (in my case, I wanted to get a free sample of Amora coffee). These type of customers (like me) will most likely not know about the service Freeshipping is offering and will later dispute charges they were unaware of .

Having said all the above, when I have a bit of time, I will see if I can use Freeshipping.com in the future because I believe that companies like this should be given all chances to be successful.

Thank you Freeshipping for listening and helping me. I appreciate that.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Hugo! So glad to hear we've changed your perception of FreeShipping.com. If you shop online often, FreeShipping.com can certainly save you a lot of money. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!
“While I am waiting for my refund”
• Previous review

FreeShipping contacted me about refunding my payments since I really never used their service. In the meantime while I am waiting for my reimbursement to show on my credit card, I am updating my review. I believe that FreeShipping's offer to reimburse me for the full amount of my payments is fair and it is by far much more than what most companies out there would do for anybody. I am just waiting for my refund now and that alone is a 5-star service. When I have more time in the near future, I will probably analyze if I could benefit from their service. I will update my review later but so far, this company is serious and cares about the customer journey experience, which is very important nowadays.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Hugo! So glad to hear we were able to assist you! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions. Thanks!
“"FreeShipping" is misleading”
• Previous review

Apparently I had signed up with them for Amora coffee. I cancelled Amora and I never remembered this "Freeshipping.com" site. For months I was charged $12.95 a month for something and today I finally called this number 800-515-9185, when I got to carefully see my credit card statements. The lady that answered the phone arrogantly said that I had signed for this service and that in order to get "cashbacks" (I didn't even know what the site was all about), you must make claims and that I had to read the fine prints about their service. I threw away my money for something that I never used and didn't even know it existed. Notice that the reason why I say that this is bad its because of the way they get customers to sign up. Very unclear, not transparent, not to mention that other companies offer similar services for free. I have finally gotten around to cancel this! Be aware, do not let the word "free" fool you. To me, "freeshipping.com" is related to shipping something for free. Very disappointed.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Hugo,

I would be more than willing to issue you a refund of your membership fees since you weren't using our program. Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate your account using the information given here. Can you please contact me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com?

lydiag15
12/2/17

Part of this may be my fault for not meticulously checking my account every month. It was never a huge amount stolen from my checking account, so it got missed. Every month for months on end they were stealing from me. I went to my bank and they eventually got 2 months worth back for me. I got a new credit card, a new debit card and thought that would be the end of it. NO, it's not. Now they are back again stealing from my checking account. How is this possible? I never signed up for this disaster and have sure never used their services. I want them to cease and desist. But apparently they can get away with it. I'm beyond angry. I'm livid.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Lydia,

I would be more than happy to assist you with your account. I can certainly cancel and refund your membership, however I am unable to locate your account using the information that is given here. Please contact me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com.

miket209
11/25/17

Only after my I had to cancel my card due to unrelated fraudulent activity did I look over my charges closely enough to find a charge from freeshipping. When I contacted them and asked for a supervisor, sure enough the woman said she was the supervisor and there was no one above her. Not a single email or letter from them over the course of almost a year, yeah that doesn't seem shady at all.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Mike,

I'd be happy to look into this further for you. I can certainly cancel and refund your account, I'm just unable to locate it using the information given above. Can you please contact me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com so I can get some more personal information from you in order to locate your account?

dat100
11/24/17

At first I thought this was a hoax or a scam but I gave it try. I decided to stick with it for a couple of months and if I got nothing fine. But then then first $10 check rolled in cool. Then $23, then $16, then $25, then a whopping $485 (thanks to buying a couple of big ticket items during a 20% bonus offer).

I like it so much I got my wife into it and we love the fact we can reimburse $10 for shipping and $10 for return shipping plus any cash back rewards.

I knocked off one star but every once in a while tracking fails. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. You also have to keep track that they reimburse you for all submitted claims (they do process about 95-99% of what I send in though). Customer service via phone isn't the greatest but that's ok. I can usually get what I need taken care of over email.

Overall have been with them 2 years and I get most my cash back during their 20% cashback promo's they have during the year. I usually spend about $120 in monthly fees but I max out their cash back (I think it's $1000) yearly (not including all the shipping rebates) so I think it's a fair deal.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi,

We're so glad you are enjoying your benefits of being a member. I would really like to hear more about how we can improve the Cash Back tracking as we are always looking to make it easier for our members to receive their benefits. Also, I want to ensure our phone support is just as helpful as email support. Could you please contact me at Help@FreeShipping.com?

chriss646
11/20/17

I'm not understanding a lot of these complaints and confused consumers.

You pay 12 bucks a month to be able to shop for 10% off with free shipping at your favorite stores. Sometimes during the year they do 20% off and that's a great deal PLUS free shipping. If you are old fashion and don't do a lot of purchasing online , this may not be for you, but if you enjoy having your shopping done online with free shipping to your house and 10% off anything you purchase at all the name brand stores, it is definitely worth it.

Everything is just as described thus far, I have not been mislead or taken advantage of and I'm wondering if a lot of these people just don't pay attention to what they are doing and get angry about their own ignorance.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Chris!

So happy to hear you are enjoying your membership. Please never hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions!

lolitaa2
11/17/17

i AM WARNING CONSUMERS THAT THIS COMPANY IS A HOAX. SPOKE TO A LADY WHO KEPT ON TALKING AND TALKING. I SHALL WAIT FOR MY MONEY TO BE REFUNDED. OR ELSE!!!!!!

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Lolita, we have many loyal members who save a ton of money by using FreeShipping.com. I understand that FreeShipping.com is not for everyone and may not be beneficial if you don't shop online often. I would be happy to refund your account for you. I am unable to locate the account using the information given here, so can you please contact me at Help@FreeShipping.com? Thanks!!
tonyk67
11/14/17

they will terminate your account and cancel all the rewards if they found you have too much reward transactions.
and customer service will only tell you "all your rewards were canceled and your account was terminated".

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Tony,

If your account was locked due to misuse of the program, you should have received an email from us explaining exactly why your account was shut down. If you do not agree with your account being shut down you can certainly reach out to me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com.

patr303
11/12/17

Very time consuming to keep track that they record all your purchases. if you use a store's coupon, you don't get the rebate. i would join for the christmas season when i do a lot of shopping online, but don't know if they will allow me.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Pat, we apologize for the confusion regarding the cash back. Please view a full list of the how it works section on our site to ensure you receive the cash back you are owed. Unfortunately, if there is an outside coupon used, the retailer won't send us the purchase information. If you do want to join for Christmas season, please contact us directly to reinstate your previous membership, instead of signing up for a new membership. Thanks!
jamieb106
11/9/17

Freeshipping.com is a RIPOFF!! THANKFUL I WAS ABLE TO GET A SMALL POTION OF MY MONEY BACK!! OVER 2 YEARS WORTH OF $12.97 A MONTH CAME OUT OF MY ACCOUNT FOR THOS COMANY! YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT I GOT OUT FOR MY $350+ ONE 15% OFF COUPON!! THIS COMPANY OS A JOKE!! DO NOT GIVE THEM ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT INFO!!!!

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Jamie,

Please contact me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com, I don't want to request your personal info here. Once I receive that I will be happy to issue you a full refund.

annetteb40
11/6/17

I am wondering if free shipping.com is a legit site and wont rip me off?? Anyone use them?? Could you tell me your experience if you have used them? Give me some advice please? Thank you in advance!

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Annette,

If you shop online often, than our program will certainly be beneficial to you. We offer 10% Cash Back, Shipping Rebates, Return Labels with FedEx, Exclusive Coupons and much more! If you have any questions about a membership with us, please let me know and I'd be more than happy to help!

binap
11/4/17

I HAVE USED THIS SUBSCRIPTION FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND COLLECTED A GOOD AMOUNT OF CASHBACK & SHIPPING REBATES. BUT WHEN I REACHED MY CAP FOR THE YEAR I CANCELED M MEMBERSHIP AS I DIN'T WANT TO KEEP ON PAYING THE DUES IF I WASN'T GOING TO GET ANY MORE REBATES, ISN'T THAT A LOGICAL AND OBVIOUS CHOICE ANYONE WOULD MAKE? NOW WHEN A NEW YEAR BEGAN AND I WANTED TO JOIN AGAIN, I AM TOLD THAT I CAN'T DO IT BECAUSE THEIR RULES PERMIT ONLY 1 TIME MEMBERSHIP AND THAT I CAN'T CANCEL THEN COME BACK! DOES THIS MEAN THAT I HAVE TO GO ON PAYING THEM EVERY MONTH EVEN WHEN I AM NOT EARNING ANY REBATES? MAKES NO SENSE, IS THAT EVEN LEGAL? ANOTHER COMPLAIN I HAVE IS THAT MANY TIMES THEY DON'T ADD A TRANSACTION TO YOUR ACCOUNT SO YOU HAVE TO KEEP CHECKING THEN REMINDING THEM DO ADD IT. THIS MAY MEAN THAT THEY COLLECT THEIR MONEY FROM THE RETAILER BUT NOT GIVE YOU THE REBATE. THIS WOULD BE CLEAR AND SHEER FRAUD!

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hello Bina,

I apologize for any confusion. There is only one membership allowed per household. If you cancel your account you would just need to contact us directly so we can reinstate this for you. Also, in regards to the missing cash back. If you made a purchase that you believe should be showing in your account, if your rebate isn't showing, that means we didn't receive any of the purchase data from it. We are not withholding any of those savings from you. Once you reach out to us about missing cash back, we then report that missing purchase to the retailer.

I apologize for any confusion and would be happy to help!

gostg
11/2/17

RUN AWAY FROM THIS CHEATING ORGANIZATION!

THEY SHOULD BE CLOSED BY NOW AND THE MONEY THEY STOLE SHOULD BE RETURNED TO PEOPLE

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Gost,

I apologize for any confusion you had with our program. If you are looking to cancel your account and receive a refund of the charges, please contact me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com and I'd be happy to refund that charge back to you.

sandys133
10/30/17

Why do you need to know MY card number if YOU are going to be sending me a check in the mail. It's not like my card number is my address. Hmm little wild didn't go through with it.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Sandy, sorry for any confusion regarding our membership. There is a membership fee, which was located in the print directly above entering your credit card, as well as the terms and conditions which you would need to agree to prior to joining. We apologize for the confusion regarding the membership fee, however we believe that we do make it clear prior to a member joining. If you need help locating that language, please contact me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com. Thanks!
josho16
10/30/17

They don't send you notices when you are charged. We were billed $50 before I finally caught it. Customer service lady was snappy with me when I was outraged. What kind of a business model is this other than a scam?

EDIT: I see the response they have added to this review, and I just wanted to say when I called they were not friendly (clearly because they deal with unhappy customers all day). I stand behind my 1 star.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Josh, I would be more than happy to look into the handling of your account. Our customer service team is extremely courteous and always willing to help, so I'd really like to look into this. Can you contact me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com? Thanks!
stevens235
10/25/17

I would give 0 stars if I could. They let me collect cash back and rebates, and charged my card every month. When the cash back amount became significant they canceled my account and did not pay anything. Awful company. They kept all my cash backs and rebates, and their share from the stores. I could have shopped through Ebates.com and accrued same amount of money I had lost. Worst experience with freeshipping.com. Do not fall into their trap!

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Steven, we do have terms of our program that we expect our members to abide by. If you believe that your account was shut down in error please let me know. You can reach me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com. Thanks!
candyc31
10/20/17

IF you shop on line a lot, this is definitely something that you will need. But, do remember to read the fine prints, knowing what are eligible and what are not, what are the maximum (maximum rebate amounts and times for different merchants). If you don't want to read the fine prints to learn what are eligible for 10% back or not (the restrictions also vary among merchants), try small amount orders at the beginning for each store, and then you will learn. The membership fee will definitely pay back.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Candy, we're glad you are enjoying your membership! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions! Thanks!
amberb83
10/19/17

Signed up for rebate, not realizing I was gonna be charged the 12.97. Went to cancel exactly a week from my sign up date and didn't get my money back. They need to advertise a 6 day trial because I was literally charged a week from the date at like 4 am my time. They should at least wait the full week before trying to charge you. Its dumb.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Amber, I am unable to locate your account using the information given here. However, I would be more than happy to refund that back to you. Can you contact me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com?

ashleya108
10/14/17

I signed up like many people for free shipping or a rebate, not realizing that they would charge a membership fee after my "trial" ended. I supposed if I had read the fine print, then I would've know about the membership. Anyways, I noticed the charge on my bank statement and immediately went to the site to figure out what was going on. After a little researching I realized how the services offered actually work, so I figured I would go ahead and give it a try. I received several checks in the mail and rebates from purchases made online through the website. I did however cancel my services after about 6 months or so. I only cancelled because I was not making enough online purchases for the membership to be worth it.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Ashley, I'm glad you enjoyed your membership while you had it. We agree, that if you shop online often, than FreeShipping.com is definitely for you.
kevink149
10/9/17

I bought something on EBay that already had free shipping. There was no mention of membership fee only $10 rebate. It was so much hassle to sign up I did not even complete the membership & they found a way to bill me! I have an amex credit card linked up with ebay & somehow they managed to bill my Chase! I called & got a it cancelled and refunded & the rep told me I need to read terms & conditions more carefully. I fired back & stated they need to be more upfront with their fees! They don't even deserve the one star. It should be negative 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Kevin, I apologize for the confusion you had regarding the membership fee. We do believe that it is clear that FreeShipping.com is a membership service. We list the charge 3 times prior to you being billed. It is first right next to the field where you enter your credit card number, again in the terms and conditions that you must agree to prior to signing up and lastly the membership fee can be found in the welcome email that you were sent upon signing up. If you were charged by us, please let me know and I would be happy to take care of this for you. You can email me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com. Thanks!
brianl140
10/6/17

It is not clear that you will be charged $12.97 per month for the membership. I was advertised that I could sign up for a 1-time rebate offer. Several months later, I realized they have been charging me every month without notifying me by email or making it clear up front. A horrible company that's obviously trying to take your money for nothing. Why don't you guys send email updates? Invoices of your charges? It's very obvious that you want to slowly take money from everyone's bank account until they find out and leave you a horrible review here.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Brian, I apologize for the confusion you had regarding the membership fee. We do believe that it is clear that FreeShipping.com is a membership service. We list the charge 3 times prior to you being billed. It is first right next to the field where you enter your credit card number, again in the terms and conditions that you must agree to prior to signing up and lastly the membership fee can be found in the welcome email that you were sent upon signing up. If you were charged by us, please let me know and I would be happy to take care of this for you. You can email me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com. Thanks!
vincentz6
9/20/17

Make sure you read the terms very carefully otherwise they will terminate your membership and take away your cash back for any unreasonable excuse. Don't trust them. I had a bad experience with this website and they took away couple hundred dollars cash back. DON'T sign up for this stupid membership.

Response from FreeShipping C., FreeShipping Representative
Hi Vincent, we do have some terms and conditions around improper use of our program. You are only allowed one membership per household and FreeShipping.com is intended for personal use only. If we declined your rebates due to improper behavior, you should have gotten an email from us explaining why. We also work with you to ensure that we are not making a harsh decision and ask for further documentation to ensure fairness for all of our members.

If you still have questions regarding why your account was closed down, please let me know. You can email me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com and I'd be more than happy to help. Thanks!

Hi Kalia, I would be happy to help you with this. I will need some of your information so I would much rather handle this off of here. Can you email me directly at mprocaccini@FreeShipping.com or call me at 860.358.9198 x237. If you would rather call toll free you can call 1-800-515-9185. Thanks!!

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep]

Hi, yes, even if you cancel within your trial your rebate will still be processed. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com. Thanks!!

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep]

Please tell us which number you tried to use. I called them more than once when I was a member, and all the numbers worked. They gave me one number to use specifically to cancel. I am out now and using a tablet but will give you all the numbers when I get home later today. You can also cancel very easily through the website. Just click "Help" and the option will show up. I will be back later with the numbers. This turned out to be a good, honest website and has gotten so many unjust bad reviews that I want to help when I can.

By Shirley S.

Melody, Congratulations on at least attempting to learn about this Company and its service before signing up - great advice for all consumer decisions. I would advise you to carefully read the comments on this site to get a flavor on the cost and benefits of FreeShipping.com to see if it is right for you. I think for most people, it is such a hassle, it is not worth it, and such a hassle to cancel, and if you don't, the billing of your credit card will continue forever until you do. That's what happened to me, so for me it wasn't worth it. Good luck on your decision.

By Gary W.

Contact us at customerservice@freeshipping.com and we will be happy to resolve your issue. Thank you KellyT

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep]

Hi Michelle, unfortunately I can't locate your account using the information here. Can you please reach out to me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com?

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep]

Hi Michael, I’m so sorry for any confusion regarding your account. Unfortunately, once you cancel you cannot log back in to your account. For any updates please call our toll free number at 1-855-226-7047 or email us directly at customercare@freeshipping.com. Thanks!!

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep]

Hi Elaine, I need to request some personal information from you in order to locate your account. I'd rather collect that information over email. Once we locate an account I can certainly refund this for you. Please contact me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com. Thanks!

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep]

Hi Pamela, Can you please reach out to me directly at Help@FreeShipping.com so I can get some personal information to locate your account? Thanks!

By FreeShipping C. [FreeShipping Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the FreeShipping staff and other customers.

8 Photos for FreeShipping