ESky.ie

ESky.ie has a consumer rating of 1 star from 27 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about ESky.ie most frequently mention customer service problems. ESky.ie ranks 114th among Travel Deals sites.

How would you rate ESky.ie?

“Worst ever service”

Zarina S.
4/16/20

They charge extra for cancellation insurance, but do not pay when cancellations are made. I am waiting for a month already. How long are customers expected to wait... and their so called Customer Service stinks... to say the least... there is NO Customer Service... even bad Customer Service is better than non at all! This is theft at its best. They must be put out of business!

zarinas4
April 16th, 2020
pauls1787
February 12th, 2020
Most awful experience in the 30 years of flying they made my life horrible I almost missed a funeral and a family re-connection I ended up paying more somewhere else because of esky beware do not use beware
bena317
December 23rd, 2020
Ref: 16051670.
This is the worst company ever, they scam people and refuse to pay them all the money back even though it wasn't the customer fault to cancel the flight. They claim that this is their term and condition that they always scam people and keep some money for themselves, so if you are a customer you always lose. That is the worst customer service
davidt1530
September 1st, 2020
I had booked 6 return EasyJet flights to Palma and attempted to reschedule the flights. I have been totally ignored and the dates the original flights have come and gone. I am going to pursue this with EasyJet as in my view they are reputable and allowing a firm like this to represent and sell their tickets is putting their name and reputation at risk.
I see from the other reviews that many others have the same experience.
I will be pursuing a refund from these people and raising the profile of this.
D Tobin
heidis247
June 11th, 2020
During covid crises could not get through to airlines and so used eSky. Flight was cancelled, no refund issued even though I purchased travel insurance and have attempted to communicate with them. Would like to pursue this so that this company can no longer operate and defraud others.
carlosm408
July 24th, 2020
I book a flight from istanbul to izmir (turkey) through this site, there is no way to communicate with them, the amount you pay is almost double what pegasus airlines charges if you do it directly with them, you do not commit this mistake. They are the worst of the worst
stefanh99
October 8th, 2020
I'm trying to get my refund now for almost 6 months for a cancelled flight. No assistance, no update, no proactive communication, nothing. Worst customer "service" ever.
rayv68
August 6th, 2020
Paid for weeks ago flights to Derry

Fkights changed but no direct boarding cards so csnnot fly out

Reviews of them on other sites the same no wonder rock bottom for service
If flights not sorted have major claim against them as. Many other items booked have so many reply like THANKS FOR YOUR E MAIL AND HAVE A NICE DAY. Gone on for weeks but running out of time NO REPLT FROM RYAN AIR WHO ALLOW THEM TO SELL THEIR FLIGHT TICKETS WHY YOU ASK?

R VAN SPALL
sarahs1765
August 12th, 2020
Esky stole my money after cancelling my booking within 5 minutes of making it. Does anyone get their money back. Esky is a total scam.
patricko220
December 8th, 2020
Last Christmas my mother died and I had to cancel a vacation to Florida to attend the funeral in the UK. Despite months of correspondence, providing them with the death certificate and all the evidence they needed they have reimbursed nothing for the lost flights. The customer service seldom followed up and showed no genuine interest in solving the problem.
After posting a deservingly poor review they did contact me asking for the death certificate for my mother which I sent them almost 12 months ago. I then asked to speak with a more senior supervisor but was asked to log a complaint on the web-site. However the complaint link does not work. I emailed them and they told me to send an email to '*******@esky.com'. I sent the complaint and received an unknown address message from my ISP.
These guys are a scam as can be seen from the predominant 'BAD' rating they get from customers.
helenh465
October 6th, 2020
Awful company! Made a booking with them in January to fly in July. Flights were cancelled due to COVID. Im still waiting for my refund. Someone contacted me to fill in the insurance refund form. That had to be returned by the day of the flight. I did that and have heard nothing more about that. I was told i was receiving a refund just over 4 weeks ago. It said it could take up to 4 weeks. Its now over 4 weeks and its still not received. And they were going to only refund £480 of the £540 they owe me.
Ive tried using the contact form that their automatic reply tells everyone to use but I cant get a response. Ive sent facebook messages and I just get an automated response. I comment on their facebook posts and get an automated response. Ive asked for their complaints procedure and been told to use the online 'contact us' form and then not had any response.
Why do they not just refund all these very unhappy customers? They should be making every effort to keep their customers happy if they want to continue being in business!
If anyone has any idea who I can complain to, who would be able to help all out cases, who they are regulated by or an Ombudsman who will be able to do something, Id appreciate your help.
edwinb114
August 13th, 2020
Waiting for refund since May terrible company no communication at all no update nothing. Refund was confirmed by email... but still no action provided by Esky poor poor communication.
behzadg2
March 31st, 2020
I bought ticket online from eSky
They have no shame very low class Agency.
I bought ticket online from eSky from Yangon Myanmar to Bangkok (order number 11534744) for March 31,2020 Includes a cancellation fee. Day after I purchased because of issues on my next flight from Bangkok asked to cancel my flight. No one respond to my request. Suddenly Night before of flight I got message from eSky This Flight is cancelled by airline.
I have to say how dishonest eSky are and taking advantage of séniors or anybody.

1 - airline sold me insurance for cancelation of this ticket, there must be no Questions to refund the ticket.
2. This flight was canceled before departure so automatically has to be refund regardless of having insurance.
3- they asked me another $18 charge from my credit card with limited time of 6 hours to process my cancelation.
How awful and disgusting, dishonest and disrespectful can be to ignore the refunding of my ticket.
I will make you sure will not cry for total of this amount BUT I will take every step at any possible cost to expose this matter and your dishonesty to all social media avenues and all and any customer reviews site from A to Z.
B, Ghashghaee
maggief40
July 14th, 2020
Hi I just wanted to give some people advice if they have booked with ESKY and still waiting for a refund.
I booked with this company back in March 2020 and after 100s of emails and the worst customer service I have ever received I finally got my refund.
Not through ESKY as I had enough of them lieing to me.
Firstly I never even received a boarding pass, secondly they told me at first they would refund and then said due to COVID that it would take longer and since then I have had a standard reply that airlines are not refunding.
I asked this company on numerous occasions for their name of their CEO department and legal department and they failed time and time again to answer me. They really do not care about their customers.
I complained 7 times to the complaints departmentnd never got a response.
I emailed them over 100 times and not even an apology.
Plesse go direct to the airlines or do a charge back.
I got my money back in 5 days from both airlines both saying sorry that this company failed to refund.
Now they will reply to this with a standard email saying something like they could not proceed and their hands are tied but to me personally this is just an excuse to not refund.
Dont spend hours chasing them as they wont respond just go direct to your airline.
maryi237
September 10th, 2020
I mistakenly booked flights via this company. The website popped up as I looked for flights with Ryanair - the layout and colours of the booking platform were so similar to the original that I only noticed my mistake when it was too late! Stupid, but it obviously happens often.
When travel restrictions to the UK were imposed because of corona, I tried to change the flight dates. As the flight hadn't been cancelled this was the only way to prevent losing all my money. Ryanair would have allowed this free of charge for a limited time. Esky wanted to charge an extra booking fee of around 89€. This was just less than the amount of the original booking! Needless to say, I didn't rebook and all attempts to contact Esky failed. Why is this company still allowed to be in business?
barbaraj731
November 2nd, 2020
Esky Is unlike any airlines I have used to make flight reservations For the past 30 years. They made a change to my flight and the have tried to explain that the problem was mine not theirs. I had booked a flight home from Denver to Atlanta. There was no number to call and they only take information By passengers by us of a form. The company is from Poland and the time difference 6 hours. They do shut their offices and are not 24 hours service. My notification to them about the wrong flight was not answered for 17 days despite being contacted by me about via email about 12 times. They sometimes wil send you a accepted change of flight but you only have 6 hours to respond despite the recognized time difference. You must always pay for the change of the flight before it is accepted. I scheduled another flight from United when they had Not responded to my Request until 17 days. They then told me my flight was not reimbursable. So I had to cancel my other United tickets and pray that I the Esky reservations would finally be changed. I booked on 9/15/2020 and as of today my ticket has not been changed and it is only 6 days to my departure. I have never been treated with less respect from any other company I have dealt with. I made a complaint to resolver also. Too bad you did not have this information when you booked your flight. I have never heard of any other companies that treat you so badly
terryk282
December 30th, 2019
3 days after being directed to this rip company I requested a change in itinerary. They responded with a quote that was more than the original ticket price and twice the price I would pay at the ThaiSmile website. Don't do me any favors, thank you very much.
denism106
July 16th, 2020
Back in Feb I booked a ticket from Cork to Bristol. Last minute job kind of so booked this Company. Needless to say the ticket can be issued "2 hours" before departure... I live over 2 hrs from the Airport! And this is exactly what they did to include T&C's etc., etc. As I did not receive my ticket several hours beforehand (had to be there at 6.30am) I felt I had no choice but to book another ticket with Aer Lingus for comfort sale. And yes the confirmed within minutes. What a rip-off! Polish crowd, knowing exactly what that were doing... Lost my initial ticket price & had to pay twice for the one journey. Tried going through the usual pathetic route but as usual no joy! LESSON LEARNT! DO NOT BOOK YOUR TRAVEL TICKET WITH THIS "EXCUSE OF A COMPANY ". TAKE IT FROM ME, I KNOW!
janem724
August 6th, 2020
RUN! There is no one to talk to... EVER! The number on the reservation goes to a site where you have to PAY to speak to a 3rd party! PLEASE RUN! You can't cancel, verify it's a legit business. I'm praying I actually bought a ticket!
adekunles
November 9th, 2020
I booked my ticket, then I had medical issues, I have insurance on my ticket, I called to change my departure day, I couldn't get hold of anybody for three days either to cancel and get refund, I was unable to do so, I finally got hold of someone in India after three days, the guy in India said we can't refund or cancel and he hung up. I will never patronize Esky.com and I will encourage all my friends to do so. E. sky do not response to email or answer calls. If you value your money think twice before you book your ticket through this fraudulent site. They still have my money. I couldn't make my travel date because I tested positive for COVID-19 and they still want me to travel to infect fellow passengers. Worst customer service in the world. Booking #*******160
lindal1478
August 14th, 2020
I made a hotel reservation that was refundable for June 2021. I decided to use hotels.com since I have a rewards program. They had messed up one of the rooms of the two that I booked so I cancelled the other one, I have been waiting for over 3 weeks for a refund. They said that they are working with the "provider" what ever that means. I contacted the hotel and they said that esky had NEVER reached out to them. They did not charge my card esky did. THIS IS A SCAM. I am now having my VISA deal with them. I am pissed off. THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER AND THEY ONLY REACH BACK TO THEN IF YOU DO A COMPLAINT. STAY AWAY FROM ESKY!
kanthinyk
November 26th, 2020
I've been sent around in circles by this company by sending emails and calling. I was not informed about my cancelled flight. I was at the airport trying to board when employees at the airport said there are no flights. I called you to find out about alternatives but that was not possible. Not only did I waste my money and time travelling to and from the airport but I wasted my holiday's from work. This is very stressful for me. This is horrendous customer service and now I am being told I need to wait MONTHS for a refund. Why do I have to wait for you to receive the refund from Ryanair, if this is coming you can refund me now and wait for this yourself. I will take this to all socialmedia platforms and leave reviews for this awful company. Disgraceful service, It took you guys 2 mins to take my money out but I need to wait for months. I have never ever had service like this from any company. Totally incompetent and awful at getting anything done correctly. This needs to be sorted
I now get told that i do not get a refund, this is awful service. How can you scam people like this
johnl1922
November 23rd, 2019
I paid extra for a flex ticket. It was impossible to change the date. I sent lots of e-mails asking them to change the date. Each time I received an automatic reply saying they would contact me within 24 hours. NOT ONCE DID THEY REPLY...
jacquelyns30
November 22nd, 2019
They stole my money! Terrible customer service! Do not follow their own terms of service. DO NOT USE
joew351
December 2nd, 2019
You pay extra for trip insurance and then they count let you use it if you need to, disgusting company. Neve use. I wishI could get them less then one star.

Pretty much impossible and they are clearly incentivized not to progress any claim for a refund. The 'complaints' link on the website does not work nor the email address I was given.

By Patrick O.
See more answers (3)

It was the first entry when I googled airline reservations. I was in a hurry and since I could not use Delta because of their service area I choose what ever. I would never chose them again

By Barbara J.
See more answers (3)

Would not know about this I have never come across this before

By William M.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ESky.ie staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ESky.ie?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.0
Have a question about ESky.ie?