Review of Trip.com

Trip.com reviews

Tel: 833 896 0077

annem534
12/5/19
DO NOT BOOK anything thru Trip.com they trick you with getting a room at a cheaper price and exclusive room availability (even when the hotel your booking says theyre fully booked). They will ask you to pre-pay your room using a credit card. They'll charge your credit card or deduct the amount on your account if you use debit card, then they'll call to say the room is not available etc. We'll refund your payment within 10days.

DO NOT BOOK thru Trip.com because they are one big fraud.
jesses171
12/2/19
I booked a flight with them from Bangkok to Toronto. 24 hours before my flight they cancel it. I call to ask for my options they tell me I only have two options wait 4 days for another flight or wait 10 business days to get a refund. I ask the rep Jessica how she would feel if someone gave me those options and this disrespectful woman told me if she was me she wouldnt be travelling with no money! I have money its not the point who cancels someones flight 24 hours before and gives them a refund in 10 business days with no compensation, im sure Im not the only one who sees thatsnot right! Wth
adriant65
11/22/19
Book a flight with trip.com but wanted to change destination. Told them i agree there will be a price different and i am willing to TOP up the amount. They just inform me to get a new ticket. Told me ticket is non refundable. Will not recommend anyone to use trip.com
joritas
11/22/19
Booked via Trip.com a hotel in Britain, Travelodge Droitwich. Payment needs to be done in advance by credit card. They say it's an pre-authorised pay. It isn't!! So we needed to pay cash at the hotel again because I didn't bring my credit card. The fee for the hotel is now paid twice! Than you need to go through the hassle of getting your money back via your bank. Travelodge has a business agreement with Trip.com and both tell us, we need to do all the work to get the money back. This already has taken up more than 2 hours of work and we still have not gotten our money back! Do not book via Trip.com or Travelodge!!
danielm1230
11/17/19
Booked a hotel room through Trip.com and when I got to the hotel they had my booking BUT not my payment!
Trip.com took my money, but never paid the hotel!!!!! Thankfully the hotel gave me the room for free as they commiserated with me! Never again!
sydneyj17
11/13/19
I have an absolutely terrible experience with trip.com. After booking and confirming my date TWICE, I looked in the confirmation email and it showed a different date. I assumed their was a glitch in the system and gave them a call. They said no refunds or returns and wouldn't do anything to make it right. They took my money and scammed me. never book with trip.com!!
as681
11/12/19
Do not use this service as they are not trustworthy and liars that do not take responsibility for errors. Book a hotel through a search for a hotel in one location with the search bringing up all the hotels in my location and one placed in the mix that was on the other side of the U.S. I booked that hotel thinking that it was in the appropriate area of my search. After paying and discovering the search was wrong on the part of the third party site,I contacted the hotel which clearly stated Trip.com only had the authority to cancel the reservation only to find that trip.com stated the hotel was the authority. I made 5 calls to trip.com with 4 hang ups and then reached a representative that could barely speak English. Was told they would check with the hotel, a bold face lie so placed a hold on payment with my credit card! Trip.com had refused to take responsibility for the problem! DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE AS IT IS UNRELIABLE AND A SCAM! DO NOT
jayc289
11/12/19
i participated in an event held by trip.com earlier and the winning prize is an iPhone.
i happened to discover the first place is an IP theft stealing information online and is their employee (or i should say suspected to be, that trip.com cant even proof that he or she is not their employee). the content of the first place does not even relate to the campaign. but the company still shields that and keeps changing the campaign rule for the 1st place.
trip.com refused to provide me prompt feedback and even misused my personal information to deal with that matter.
hristog1
11/12/19
I'm in the middle of a true nightmare with flight tickets I bought via Trip.com.

If you are planing to buy flight tickets from them (a very bad idea), you have to consider this:

1. Trip.com's online booking system is limiting passenger's name to 25 characters max. If your 3 names in summary are longer than that, your middle name will be truncated on the ticket.

2. They don't issue separate tickets for each passenger, we are a couple and we got a single ticket for both of us.

So what happened is that I found information that the airline will not allow us on board with incomplete middle name (only my wife's name was truncated, mine was OK). I contacted the airline and they confirmed that they will not let my wife on board.

What's more interesting is that the airline not only refused to change the name for free, but also required double payment for name amendment for 2 persons, not 1, because it's a double ticket, not 2 separate tickets.

I tried to resolve the case by contacting Trip.com's support probably 50 times, via emails and online chat, and not only they didn't do anything (other than the standard "we are very sorry"), but also it seems they totally failed to understand what the problem is. Finally I informed them that I'm planing to take a legal action against them and a member of their support team called me on the phone, saying "But when we did your reservation it was successful"

Unfortunately it seems we will not be able to use the tickets we paid for :(

So please be very careful if you decide to deal with them. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !
heidih299
11/10/19
Was charged incorrectly for a flight and they refused to refund. I had to call my bank to cancel the transaction, and after I received my money back they have been calling and emailing threatening to sue me for "unfair losses" if I dint pay them the full payment for my flights that I'm never taking....as an added note the entire cancelation of the transaction was within 10 minutes of the error occuring... unfair losses my a**
kevinr408
11/7/19
STAY AWAY. This site is a scam - they charged me for a hotel stay on the wrong date.

backstory: Trip.com advertises hotel stays for less money than what they will charge you upon check out. it is an illegal scheme but they get away with it. I paused and called their support office. The call center was looking into the issue and then booked my trip for the proper date, at the advertised price.

When we showed up for our hotel stay (over $300 charge) the hotel was booked and my wife had a surgery procedure the next morning at 5am. This placed us in a very bad spot and put unnecessary stress upon us, forcing us to scramble late at night to find a hotel close enough to UCLA Medical to avoid hours in traffic and miss a very important surgery. Luckily we found another hotel that night.

Trip.com is refusing to refund us a mis-booked hotel stay involving their customer service department for over $300 that we never used. Never again will I use Trip.com.
dannyp96
11/6/19
I was charged twice for our room not sure how as there was only 1 confirmed booking in my trip.com account. Messaged by 3 different agent each time with different information, seems like each time no one know what had happened so they just pass me from one depart to another at the end said we went pass our refund date so we had to lose over $600 because their agent refused to help any further. We travel over 3 times a year, definitely not booking through here again no matter how good the deal is and not recommending Trip.com, stay clear of this greedy company. There are lots of other companies out there that are willing to give better deals and care for their clients.
abidk4
11/5/19
Booking No. *******5792
Hi everyone, I would strongly suggest you guys to book your flight directly from Airlines instead going through this Trip.com scam. I used Expedia couple of times before and never faced this issue however this time I chose Trip.com and faced this issue.
so what happened is I booked a flight from Hong Kong to Islamabad via Bangkok since there is no direct flight. I used tip.com and booked the best flight with minimum layover time in Bangkok of 1 hr and 30 mints. I booked the flight almost 2 months in advance because I was certain to fly on this date and its slightly cheaper if you book well in advance. so after around 3 week of booking the flight, I received an email from Trip.com that my flight which was taking off from Hong Kong to Bangkok 3:30PM is cancelled and I have been transferred in next flight which is flying 6:50PM from HK and reaching bank kok 8:25PM but off course then I cannot catch my connecting from bank kok to Islamabad which is flying 6:45 from Bang kok as there is negative 2 hrs difference there. so I called Trip.com local office and asked why my flight is cancelled and they replied its Airline who is cancelling and we can put you on an earlier flight from Hong Kong to bank kok which is flying 12:45PM but the stay over time will be 4:20 mints in Bank kok because this flight will reach bank kok around 2:25PM and my connecting flight is still at 6:45 from bang kok. Anyhow I take this flight because they told me there is no other option and this is the best for you. Now normally longer stay over flights are cheaper however they did not offer me any compensation for this at all.
So now after a week of all this hassle, I can see that the same original flight which was suppose to fly 3:30PM from hong kok was cancelled is back with slightly changed time to 3:00PM, and by taking this flight the layover time will be just under 2 hours which is still better rather than over 4 hours. So I called Trip.com and asked them to put me on this flight but I cannot even believe what the representative told me, he said you have to pay the flight changing fee and in additional fare difference because this flight is expensive as compared to my changed flight now of 12:45PM. So I said to guy that originally the flight from 3:20PM to 12:45 was changed because there was no alternative but now that the flight is back with slightly changed time to 3PM, can you please put me back in that flight so we have the same layover time of around 2 hrs. but he said its not possible and you have to pay these charges in order to change back. then I asked him at least I deserve an apology, so can you at least say Sorry for giving us a longer layover time. But he was so rude and all of this really pissed me off and I suppose they do this a lot when they see that certain flight is in demand so that play these scam to earn higher. Anyhow my advise to you guys wherever possible book directly on Airline booking system and advise these scam sites.
roxanas18
10/22/19
After booking Premium Economy I received automatically (also got charged) for Economy. I mean, they should tell you before paying that you don't have the Premium available anymore, not after when it`s too late. Especially in my case, when I had to book a ticket for a very important person in our company and the ticket was not refundable.
Besides this, at some point on the phone, I was told (differently from what I was told in a previous phone call) that I will receive a refund of around 400 and that made me opt for cancelling the whole flight. Instead, I was refunded only 121. Looks like all the customer service employees work for different airline companies.
I had to cancel and lose the whole amount of money in order to buy another ticket with the Premium Economy option.
Never again will I use Trip.com
rakand
10/20/19
Paid them for a hotel for employees of mine, show up and no room. Guy places me on hold for 20 minutes comes back and says they didn't answer so I put him on 3 way with hotel then he says oh they did answer but there's no room, system error. Stay away!!!!!
tedm204
10/11/19
If you're reading this, I hope it's not too late for you. As everyone else has said, this company will not refund your money. No service rendered? They don't care. They won't even attempt to change your accomodations or make new ones on your behalf. That's not a service at all. You will need to dispute with your bank/creditor. This is a chinese company with very poor customer service. They will APPEAR to be helping you, but they are just giving you the run around in order to buy time. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES.

Tip for consumers: DEAL DIRECTLY FOR YOUR SERVICE. BOOK YOUR OWN FLIGHT OR HOTEL. DO NOT GIVE A THIRD PARTY POWER OVER YOU.

gavinu1
10/5/19
We booked flights with Trip.com despite the poor reviews but we are experienced travellers so we double checked the booking before submission.
However the Itinerary came back with one incorrect name on our infant. We contacted Trip.com to amend the booking but Trip.com claimed that Korean Airlines would not allow name changes and we should cancel the booking at a fee (of course so they can charge the fees and then resell the flights)
So we contacted Korean Airlines and they explained that they would never disallow name amendments and they were very happy for Trip.com to amend the name at no charge. We even did a conference call but Trip.com would not budge. (I don't quite understand why Korean airlines could not amend the name??? - so they were not much help in hindsight)

Finally Korean Airlines asked for our child's passport and they will attempt to work with Trip.com to change the name.

Still no word. Ridiculous!

Don't book with this company or Skyscanner its subsidiary. They are a massive powerful company that scam customers. Maybe not every customer is scammed but enough to skim billions in fees and charges praying on the fears of families in an attempt to get them to cancel flights and book again.

Learn from us and the other reviews.
ginod15
10/5/19
They won't help re booking for cancelled flight. Dodgy operators that put you in their system. They talk like police officers over the phone.
bellah33
10/3/19
Horrible
Horrible experience with the booking of a train from Shanghai to Beijing. We rang to confirm our booking and location the day before-we received an email for the address and was where we got dropped off at 6am. Upon arriving at the station, there was no one manning the ticket booth until 7:40am and our train was due to leave at 7:00am. We couldn't use the machines as we weren't locals. After calling the support number provided by trip.com we were told to commute to the otherside of the station to find a ticket booth there. We couldn't find a ticket booth anywhere and there was no staff to ask. We called again, explaining that we had no way of actually getting our tickets, they told us that it was NOT their problem, they wouldn't provide a refund and would NOT help book the next train. They couldn't even tell us where to locate an operating ticket booth (the other side of the station). So we missed our train. Beyond a horrible experience and definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND
nickh269
9/25/19
I booked a flight through Trip.Com. it said that the payment has been processed and that I will receive a confirmation email in a few hours. Nothing came through and when I called them they could not find any record of my booking. By then the price of the flights had gone up significantly and they could not assist at all.

DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE AS IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!
charlotter73
9/24/19
Very disapointed.
I originaly wanted to buy a plane ticket on the 20th, but at the moment of proceding to the reservation, it cancelled several times, as i was apparently "too slow" and the prices changed. When refereshing the page for the 10th time, i didn't see i was booking for a plane ticket that refreshed onto the next day.
I only realized a few days later... by that time, it was already too late.
I tried contacting the company, no response, and no possible modification as the policy doesn't accept any modifications of my flight.
Now i have to book a new plane ticket as my Visa as expired...
As a bag packer, this comes very tight on my budget, and a lot of money by the window....
"Thank you" trip.com
kentk46
9/23/19
Have been using trip.com for my trip in Australia and all went well. No hassle for checkin in Sydney and Melbourne, and also a flight with Jetstar. Price very compatitive with other site as well.
georgea273
9/19/19
Bunch of incompetent liars.I purchased a one way ticket on Lufthansa.
5 PHONE CALLS, 5 LIES AND I STILL DO NOT HAVE THE TICKET.THIS IS A CHINESE COMPANY WITH AWFUL SERVICE.YOU WILL REGRET IF YOU EVER DEAL WITH THESE MORONS.WISH I COULD GIVE THEM 0 STARS IF THERE WAS AN OPTION TO DO THAT.
oliviaf38
9/11/19
I requested a refund of a train ticket because I never received it but was charged.
The email received from client service shows that they know I did not receive the ticket but refuse to refund my money and
a 2nd email is even more dishonest

"Regarding your train ticket reservation No. *******216 from Shanghai Hongqiao to Beijing South on 31Aug, G412, please kindly noted that the confirmation email ending failed because your mailbox address *****@lyceeshanghai.org was incorrect. Sorry for any inconvenience you experienced this time."

"Regarding your reservation No. *******216, No refund can be processed of train tickets due to expiration, Your understanding will be very appreciated.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us."
lukep191
9/9/19
Booked China Southern Airlines with Trip.com. Arrived ok but return flight was cancelled. China Southern refused to change my flight home as the passenger details (passport number) on ticket was incorrect. This was not picked up on the flight to China from Melbourne. I paid $800 for a one way ticket home. After several months of debate now I am told that I will receive nothing for the cancelled flight. Apparently, 'since the outbound flight fare is higher than the round trip'.

definitely a scam. They changed my booking and then wouldn't let me change it back.

By Sydney J.

give me your email address and i will tell you the status

By GEORGE A.

Questions? Get answers from the Trip.com staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Trip.com