Review of TAYLOR HAMPTON

San Jose, CA 95125, US
Tel: +1 208-203-9666

maxl44
4/17/17

I just move myself to Amazon. Honestly i open my account in 2002. I just delete everything lately EBay became unreliable and dishonest.
AVOID IT. Also they use Paypal is horrible and avoid post services as
ParcelForce. Ebay became totally crap.

roosg1
4/1/17

I'm an ebay seller and have just closed my shop due to constant theft that ebay allows. If you want free stuff shop on ebay, all you need to do is claim you never got your item as most sellers like myself (in order to remain competitive on prices) do not send items with tracking so get your item and then open a case to claim you didn't. Ebay will ask the buyer for a tracking number if they don't provide one you get your money back...easy, shame ebay treat sellers in such a way as without sellers they don't have a business!

maryamk4
2/15/17

The clothes are quirky and unique, reasonably priced. i would buy from just-me co again.
The customer service provided by the seller was great i received my item within the week it was hassle free and a quick process.

cordialt
1/21/17

Wrote a review on this mega market from a seller's perspective (Dealing with company policy & how to get your feet wet). nonetheless reading similar reviews i came across many 1 star reviews and reading it, i realize a seller's nightmare. mostly people were upset because they do not read. ebay usually offers several of the same item from diverse sellers. it is a marketplace that is very rigorous for sellers to pass. So when consumers are not even willing to choose carefully then blame the seller is bluntly stated pretty lame. With that out of the way, if you research your item and research your seller you will see clear pattern of someone you want to or not want to deal with. just like in "real life" when you walk in a store and the "vibe" you get is similar to the sellers feedback on ebay or how their inventory appears ...SO as a shopper, take your time. watch items, research how much they sold for and if you are patient you will find hard to find items for fraction of the cost of retail. remember ebay sellers want you to have a good experience because their status depends on it :) So overall ebay is a pretty safe marketplace to do business on and even if there is a small hickup that usually can be worked out with the sellers before ebay has to step in. Have fun. join the future. big box stores will be a thing of the past before we know it. Last but not least i have purchased hundred items on ebay over last decade and 99% accuracy/great condition. Just gotta read a little. :)

joseg52
10/4/16

Chinese Ebay seller did cheat us... and Ebay afterwards does it once more not complying with their Money Back Guarantee

For Ebay to know this story belongs to appealing case SR# 1-87948172921

As ordered by Ebay... I did supply the tracking number provided by the shipper.
However... after a long wait... Thailand Post told me that the parcel with tracking number RR211160065TH was refused by the recipient.
What does Ebay really want an already frustrated buyer to do as the buyer did follow Ebay's instructions correctly.
In fact firstly the buyer is cheated by a Chinese seller and afterwards Ebay does the same not complying what is promised.
Does Ebay really think buyers to be stupid?
Ebay gave the buyer advice to send the items back to the seller which was done providing a tracking number... to receive later a confirmation letter of receipt.
I went to Thailand Post Office last week... to hear that the seller refused the parcel.
HOWEVER... THE PARCEL IS IN CHINA !!!!!!!!!!!!

This cannot be the buyers problem as the buyer did comply Ebay's orders a buyer in Thailand is not able to force a fraudulent Chinese seller to accept a parcel in China.
Ebay is completely wrong but we will proof by a document of the Thailand Post that the seller refused to sign for and/or accept the parcel.

I refuse to contact the seller he/she is an uncivilized Chinese having insulted me already too many times.
Ebay's Money Back Guarantee is a complete joke due to the fact that Ebay afterwards obliges the buyer to proof the seller did receive, or to force the seller to receive... meanwhile the tracking numbers provided are too many times not updated by the shippers... if not... the already fraudulent seller repeats to be incorrect.

Ebay may be stubborn in this case however I recommend buyers to be stubborn as well by stopping to buy on Ebay!

Astonished and annoyed!
Dirk van Ostaden

svetlanad3
9/11/16

I am absolutely dissatisfied with selling on Ebay. First of all, you can sell only almost for nothing the lowest imaginable cost and when you get ebay fees and paypal fees deducted you get nothing at all! Open your eyes! EBAY support team is no use at all. They don't even try to investigate the matter and continue sending to you the same template answers word by word giving even wrong information about the date of the listing that caused problem and have no idea what was wrong with it that it was removed and my account banned forever. The only answer you get in each email is that this is permanent decision. So I did investigation mysleff. I listed my item as usual with photos and full description and got the confirmation email with a gallery photo in it. the next morning I found 2 emails saying that I don't have photos in my listing and 2-d saying that I am indefinitely restricted in selling in this category. Can you imagine my shock? Now it is so funny really to make them see that I have as a proof the email confirming my listing that it had all the photos and the gallery photo to make them acknowledge that there was a technical mistake that had no connection to me. I feel like talking to the wall! I got NO SUPPORT! NO EXPLANATION! NO HELP! Amazingly unhelpful and blind customer service! And how funny they don't give you their full names only Simon B., Janey O. So you cannot even identify them.

Tip for consumers: It is not worth selling on Ebay. I am a new seller I got banned instead of support and help!

anthonyw38
9/5/16

Huge variety of items and getting a bargain is fairly common. Watch out for ultra cheap imports from China, They are poorly made and can be fire hazards.

jekl
9/2/16

We are a group that races and builds racing quadcopter drones here in Sussex so we buy quite a bit of components online, including from ebay. However, now we advise our members and supporters to avoid ebay if possible, because its typically "buyer beware" territory, don't rely on their guarantee promise as both ebay and it's sellers obviously do not understand nor practice either.

Two main issues;

Issue 1
Bought four quad motors from seller, paid £52, item failed to arrive after delivery dateline, contacted ebay, was advised to try and sort out with seller, so contacted seller who apologised profusely, initially blamed postal service, asked us to wait, we stupidly did for another two weeks and when we chased seller again, advise will send replacement, which we stupidly accepted, thus had to wait another 28 days.

2nd delivery dateline lapsed, contacted seller who again blamed post, however this time we asked for refund, seller failed to reply. We contacted ebay who told us its past 30 days so ebay's buyer guarantee has expired! We argued that ebay advised us to try and sort it out with seller, but ebay will not barged! We lost £52!

Issue 2

Bought FPV unit in July 2016, paid £20.99, and based on previous experience from issue 1 even though we already have a long archive of email ping pong with the seller who again apologised profusely, blame everyone in the delivery chain except themselves and request us to wait patiently again!, we contacted ebay when delivery dateline lapsed on 30th August 2016. ebay chat advised us to contact them on 31st to request ebay to help. On 31st August, ebay chat says delivery dateline is 31st, so to contact ebay the next day! We logged back onto ebay website and the previous dateline of 30th have been changed to 31st! Fortunately, we always copy paste to update our complains to our log report, so we regurgitated a copy of ebay's own system's notification of 30th August as clearly stated to ebay chat, but that was refused!

ebay refused to acknowledge their own system's notification!

So we waited until the next day, 1st Sept, contacted ebay again and was told to go to their website's resolution centre to send another request to the seller asking him to refund, even though we already have a long list of email ping pong whereupon we have asked the seller on numerous occasions for the refund and seller have refused and finally ignored to reply. Then ebay advised us to wait another 9 days!

By now, we have already got a file and must have spend several hours chasing up on this one transaction! because at each ebay process, there are always threats that if we fail to reply and/or take a particular action, our complain will be nullified and the guarantee expires for that transaction!

Bought the item in good faith on 22nd July 2016. It's 2nd September 2016 and ebay has asked us to wait another 9 days even though ebay have a string of email proof in ebay's own messages system of our email correspondence between us and the seller to show that this seller is purposely delaying the entire process.

Obviously we now avoid ebay, banggood and a couple of other dodgy retail sites and advise our members and community to do so, in order to mount a boycott of such malpractices until these online companies take their responsibilities seriously.

In conclussion, ebay's buyer guarantee is purely a gimmick as the guarantee is purposely rendered invalid by ebay's own business practices.

Tip for consumers: Possible good values IF you get the stuff at all, forget any buyer guarantee and unless you're a civil servant who enjoys red tape, ebay will wrap you up in so much confusing red and blue tape to muffle any complaint you may have!

andp1
9/1/16

i like ebay it is my favourite online shop

exe14
8/20/16

My account was closed after I sold PRADA purse with authentication card but buyer requested a return saying it is not authentic.I offered a return under a reason "changed my mind" but buyer did not wanted to pay return postage and contacted to eBay.Ebay closed the case "not authentic" and sent a decision only under "not as described" (all 12 pictures presented with a full description of the item), but what is important- here was no such case open at all, but a decision came only on never existed case!!!! By eBay rules a buyer can not open a second case for the same item but eBay did: they sent a refund and closed my seller's account- my account is restricted to sell !! Nightmare: this decision is final,could not be appealed. At any cases eBay is ignoring all seller's comments, otherwise he is loosing his voice at all!!!!!
eBay is perfect for a buyer, specialy for an unhonest one: whatever he say- eBay takes it as a truth, without any proov. All cases goes to favour of a buyer! EXCELENT TO BUY, GET ITEMS AND MONEY BACK: SHOPPING FOR FREE! All you need is money to pay, but after the item arrives- claim a return under reason of " NOT AS DESCRIBED"- do not worry about proving anything- you will get the refund and often keep the item!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: N/A

debie6
8/11/16

Used eBay for a while have and have now been conned I sold item buyer signed for item on receipt but 5 days later decided the item was broke? Item was I excellent condition but Took 5 days to say item was broke eBay took his side n refund him I have not received item back the buyer has very bad feedback cancelling orders saying never recieved item or having item for a while then saying its damaged for a refund wish I had read this before selling to him dishonest buyer but eBay still took his side disgusting I've lost out completely no item plus they took his full refund £82 will never deal with eBay again biggest load of $#*! I've heard in my life from them I feel violated and ripped off so BEWARE using eBay they are not helpful only to ppl who want to rip ppl off it seems will never use eBay again disgusting

nathanw46
6/18/16

This is a warning to all dont use yodle any one els is more reliable a faster this is a con you wont get any item in the time you pay to get it i never have and the company dont care

graceoluchia
6/2/16

items do arrive on time and honest

ruij
4/11/16

if you have to contact ebay buyer protection and you have to send the item back, only when the seller recives the item, we recive the refund. be aware from who you buy.

shanem54
4/11/16

great shopping on-line but when i comes to selling be very careful as you can get into debt like i have when things are automatically re-listed if you tick the box.but overall i think they could be a little bit more fair regarding listing fees and also regarding holding funds as a new customer /seller but they still like taking their fees thats what is really frustrating.but as a buyer great site 100% recommend Shane, Manchester uk.

margoc3
4/7/16

the size was misrepresented,diamonds are minuscule, no luster, metal is dark grey with no hallmark.Cant be sized was represented as large

robertw245
4/4/16

my first experience with ebay is terrible!
I bought a set of books and it shows this is a set of physical book in title, item details, item specifics that this is a set of 6 physical hardcovered books. they even list the size of the box and the weight of the books. but outside of all those description, the seller write down something to mention that this is ebooks. if the customer did not notice these two line at the end of the book listing page. you will get no refund as the seller will mark it as shipped immediately after you made the order and ebay refuse to refund it.

the seller told me that within 2 dozon of the buyer, two of us did not notice it is ebook. that is a big percentage. I asked the seller why not mention it is an ebook in the title, or details of items or item spefics. the seller refuse to do that.
ebay even remove the bad review of this seller to fool more customer again. it is still show 100% satisfied of this seller! ebay is helping the seller to fool the customers!
This is my first and last experience to buy stuff on ebay! NEVER AGAIN!

chrisd168
3/28/16

I have been selling on ebay for over 5years. At first all was well....we use it to fundraise for animal rescue centres. However, over the past 18mths it has deteriorated substantially. Firstly 'stealing' 10% on postage costs (still arguing that one with trading standards), then, no longer is 100% feedback enough....they moved the goalposts so that despatch times, communications with sellers etc., were all included in the childish 'seller dashboard'....now they have moved the goalposts yet again...to penalise any sellers who cannot fulfill an order. Recently we had 3 items which sold...but we could not locate them. I issued immediate refunds, explained the situation and all 3 buyers said they still wanted to purchase if we located the item. Within a week I found 2 items, relisted....messaged the original buyers...who both purchased. We still have 1 item we cannot find. However, all three items are now counted down in 'seller dashboard' and as a result we are deemed 'below standard'...thus not being able to take advantage of free listings...which are crucial for fundraising. As I write this, I am speaking to ebay tomorrow, but will close our account and our paypal account if ebay do not see sense. I appreciate that ebay is not a charity...but they are now bordering on 'ultra greedy'...plus, many of the sellers, although supposedly selling from the UK are actually selling and despatching their goods from China. We will not sell, nor purchase from China as their human and animal welfare issues are abysmal. Selling on ebay is becoming more and more tedious and takes me back to my 'homework' days....but, sadly, I am too long in the tooth to be dictated to by 'tutors' who have absolutely no idea what they are doing. We will lose a lot of funding if we do not sell on ebay....but we will all have more time to maybe do the things that can be more important...like enjoying spare time instead of being at the beck and call of ebay, buyers, answering questions, keeping buyers happy...whilst 'toeing the line' with the growing ebay dictatorship!

jevgenijsf
3/21/16

Don't suggest to use their service if you want to sell something. I'm private seller. Have selling lot of stuff. Today i have sold 2 items for same price and i was surprised about fees. I was selling 1 item for 3.00 GBP. So when i sold 2 items i should pay paypal fee and i got from 3.00 GBP only 2.66 GBP. As well i need to pay ebay fee 0.30 GBP. And postage like letter(cheapest option) is 1.00 GBP. So from 6.00 GBP i got only 2.70 GBP. And if i will be self employed person when i should to pay tax so where is a profit. For me it is useless service.

sallys51
2/22/16

I have been a member on eBay for over 5 years.
In the last six weeks I have not sold one item yet eBay still took fees nearly £8.
What for? No listing fees and no sales.
Come on eBay get real.
If you call customer services to complain about eBay they hang up on you.
You can't win.

steveo31
1/11/16

After receiving this today:

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service. To serve you in the best possible way, we would like to speak to you on the phone. Here's how to get help:
1. Click the "Customer Support" link at the top right of most eBay pages.
2. Click the "Contact eBay" tab and sign in.
3. Select the topic that fits your question or concern. If your issue is not resolved with the information provided, please click the "Call us" link. You'll see a phone number and a PIN to use. The PIN expires within 15 minutes, so if you're not able to call us within that timeframe, please click the "Call us" link again for a new PIN.
Thanks,
eBay
Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

Ive just had yet another conversation with an Ebay person in Manilla I believe. Who tells me that my issues have nothing more to do with them. As the sellar hasnt responded to me for over a month I assume Ebays policy is to let poor service or??? prosper. Ebay wont tell me whether the sellar claims he hasnt received them although Ebay keep claiming that I havent got the proof of sending that are right in front of me at the moment. If they could tell me whether the guy is saying he hasnt got them then obviously the post office could do something. If they told me that he has them then Id need to take a different course, all I get from Ebay is the suggestion that I havent returned them. Whenever I say to Ebay I do have proof they just ignore me.

ORDER DATE
08 Aug, 2015
ORDER TOTAL
£235.00
£4.50

postage
Order TOP SWISS VINTAGE OMEGA SEAMASTER DATER FULL S.STEEL GOLD PLATED WRIST WATCH
View similar items

( 252041518562 )

Add note
ITEM PRICE:
£235.00

On the 8th of August 2015 I purchased an Omega Gold Plated Seamaster watch from top-watch4U. The guy said it needed a new part, so I was prepared to wait but I didnt receive it until December 2015 and it wasnt working so I returned it and made a complaint to Ebay. Ebay say that because over 30 days had passed it has no responsibility for my complaint etc. I wonder whether the sellar TopWatch4U knew that if he sent it sfter 30 days Id have no cover.

As I was purchasing that watch I saw the watch below and thought Id like that so I purchased it:

ORDER DATE
11 Aug, 2015
ORDER TOTAL
£265.00
+ £4.50
postage
Order TOP RARE SWISS VINTAGE OMEGA SEAMASTER cal.1010 FULL S.STEEL WRIST WATCH LOOK!
View similar items
View seller's other items
More actions
1 item sold by top-watch4u

TOP RARE SWISS VINTAGE OMEGA SEAMASTER cal.1010 FULL S.STEEL WRIST WATCH LOOK!
( 201399629354 )

Add note
ITEM PRICE:
£265.00
Item TOP RARE SWISS VINTAGE OMEGA SEAMASTER cal.1010 FULL S.STEEL WRIST WATCH LOOK! Orders 201399629354-0-1262568312010

but after a week it stopped working so I got in touch with the sellar, who asked me to return it, which i did in September. I have still not received it back. I complained to Ebay, who once again said because the 30 days have gone, its nothing to do with them.

The sellar Top-watch4U or Georgios Papadopoulous of Guildford Surrey sent me these messages, (in reverse time order):

Dont worry about it, i will sort it out, trust me. Have a good weekend, regards Georgios

YOU:

Have you any idea of what EBay is doing! They sent me an email yesterday saying that you had asked them to intervene and they had resolved the issue in your favour. I sent them a blunt reply!
top-watch4u:

Hi Steve, i am still repairing them, nearly done, will let you know soon, thanks and have a good weekend. Regards Georgios
YOU:

Gi Giorgios
Any news on the watches?

Best wishes

Steve
top-watch4u:

Hi Steve, please send it to
Georgios Papadopoulos, 85 Northway, Gu2 9SG, Guildford, Surrey, i will try and repair it for you. I am still waiting for Omega to send me the capacitor, unfortunately it has to come all the way from Switzerland
I will keep you informed, have a good week, regards

Ebay cant find these emails, although I have just copied them from my messages. Ebay seems to suggest to me that I havent sent them, although Ive receipts from the Post Office and the messages above suggests that the sellar has received the first one that I sent back and still had the one that I didnt receive until December.

fabbyb
1/6/16

agmplaza - online shop
At the beginning of December I ordered an item - sent an email regarding post and as I didn't receive a quick reply sent money via PayPal to the company's email address. I contacted the company to say I had done so.
During the month I received payment demands for the item. I left a negative review on Ebay which since was removed. Just before Christmas I recalled my money.
What does it take before Ebay removes a vendor who only causes distress (84 complaints in 6 months!

matthewc65
12/30/15

Bought a number of times from ebay and was always satisfied. Obviously one has to use common sense when buying from 3rd parties.

robn13
11/17/15

After carefully following all terms and conditions to qualify for an eBay provided 20% discount promotion, it did not work. I have so far spent 26 days and close to 50 messages trying to get the discount. So say that they are unhelpful and the customer service offered is appalling puts it mildly. Why would you run a business like this?

Tip for consumers: Beware of eBay discount promotions, just like me you may not get it and they will not help!

maureenh8
maureen h.
11/11/15

Most of the sellers are reputable and honest
Be warned if u return an item as it was not as described ebay say they help u, but all they do is send useless emails. PayPal are no better. I have a proof of postage but ebay always sides with the seller. Use amazon far more professional.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the TAYLOR HAMPTON staff and other customers.

7 Photos for TAYLOR HAMPTON