eBay UK

eBay UK has a consumer rating of 2.82 stars from 118 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about eBay UK most frequently mention customer service, tracking number and negative feedback problems. eBay UK ranks 47th among Marketplace sites.

No positive highlights yet

• If you call customer services to complain about eBay they hang up on you.
How would you rate eBay UK?

“5/5”

William M.
2/1/20

Always happy with purchases both with quality and delivery time. Prefer it over amazon and no hassle checking out

“WORTHLESS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE & USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE”

WILLIAM M.
2/25/21

I ordeed Molton Brown Eucalyptus shower gel on 18/1,2 bottles arrived 25/1, not the molton brown I have bought from Molton Brown previously. Contacted seller ( Sigma Advantage 1540) to ask for refund. NO RESPONSE. After 5 contact chats where refund was promised, I was sent an e mail with returns label which would not print, i returned the goods. I sent E Bay proof of postage, and then got e mail, stating, " CASE CLOSED NO REFUND". Have reported this to Trading standards. DISGUSTED.

customer service (19)
williamm2587
February 25th, 2021

GO TO AMAZON OR QVC THEY DO NOT RIP YOU OFF

none

rw448
July 29th, 2020

Ebay made me prove I had not received the goods from "Alice" by contacting courier and asking for evidence. I did so 3 times and courier failed to respond on each occasion. Seller has been believed even though I have not had the goods and was in the day(s) the courier said they were delivered - both 8 and 18 June for one item! Avoid. I have cancelled my membership of Ebay and caution against seller.

matthewm590
November 20th, 2019

I can say they deliver what they show on their site. Need to improve their delivery time took over a week to deliver my parcel.

williamm1523
February 1st, 2020

aj389
May 2nd, 2021

FRAUD Ebay continue to steal money from people by taking it out of their accounts even after signing over to the new agreement where when you've sold something ebay deducts the fees themselves, so PayPal is no longer involved, but after checking my account PayPal has paid ebay £13.61, ebay and PayPal are both FRAUDS and hopefully they'll continue to lose sellers on their platform.

victord208
March 29th, 2021

If you do want to trap in any scam then please use the other websites to buy product online. Also the customer support is the worst. They will always try to convince you that its all your (buyer's) fault and they can not do anything against that. Scammers!

dane407
July 16th, 2021

You can blame ebay for your parcel being late as they hold your payment from the seller for up to 8 days! For no other reason than to collect the interest on our sales. Was a good company, now greedy, corrupt and deceiving STAY CLEAR If you want an item quickly!

Tip for consumers:
That ebay hold the sellers payment from them for up to 8 days! So most sellers wait until ebay finally sends them the money before shipping the product. Can't blame the sellers, ebay have become greedy, no other reason.

Pool

andrewn54
November 2nd, 2017

Ebay almost always favors the buyer in case of any disputes or problems, so have that in mind if you'd like to start selling your stuff there.

terryo42
September 14th, 2020

I purchased an item through eBay, the item has not arrived. EBay is making every excuse in favour of the seller, allowing them extra time for the item to arrive. When they should have the seller blocked, and refund me my hard-earned cash. I have been a member since 2007. And they could not care less about me. Their attitude on chat is deplorable and arrogant. I am closing my account shortly and I would advise anyone thinking of opening one or thinking of purchasing anything through eBay to think long and hard before doing so. They are the worst to communicate with, you cannot email, it is blocked. I've tried phoning only to be cut off after several minutes on hold. Chat is stressful and a total waste of time. Be Warned!

charlottec38
April 17th, 2017

I hardly had a problem shopping at ebay, and they respond effectively and quickly if you don't receive an item. The only thing I would change is that they should allow to put more detailed feedback and also change it when necessary. I recommend Ebay

giovannif28
December 9th, 2020

I had a problem with a dishonest buyer which I bought a brand new phone, wait a week and then open a dispute for a microphone faulty... he open the phone and change components... so now I got no money and broken phone... this is eBay now... I just walk away and move to Facebook Amazon etc etc USELESS

doctora11
May 29th, 2021

A while back on eBay, a buyer purchased a camera of mine for over two grand plus a postage charge of £20, but I paid nearly £30 for shipping and collect, since it was a heavy camera. Unfortunately for me, the buyer automatically assumed that this camera wasn't so heavy before they bought it and started a return on the same day they received it.

I tried to fight eBay on the case that the buyer should've done their research before purchasing a camera as expensive as this one, but their customer service, callous as they can be, told me that the buyer is fully within rights to not only receive a full refund, but also have the original postage charge refunded, too.

Nearly £30 out of pocket in total on the account of this buyer's remorse. Having explained to customer service why I shouldn't be financially penalized for something that wasn't my fault, the best they could make it out to me was essentially "sorry, but that's the way the cookie crumbles."

I've come to learn it is down to policy, but it's not a very good one and can even facilitate scams. It's haunting to think that so many sellers out there have done everything right and then be out of pocket on the account of someone else's incompetence.

Thanks, eBay :)

allisters
August 3rd, 2017

I hate to admit it i use ebay at least 3/4 times a month, never had a bad experience so far, i've had some good deals, and have found even the brand new stuff is cheaper to buy here than online.

md497
August 18th, 2020

I have used ebay in the past as a infrequent buyer and it has generally been ok. Recently I decided to start selling on ebay, I had some products so set up an account and listed my items. I researched prices from other sellers who were selling similar items and followed the ebay system as it asked me find similar items so i could post in the right categories... all seemed to be fine, the items were listed and started to get views etc.
This morning i received a email telling me my account was suspended, it provided no reasons at all for the suspension so i contacted their customer service via the online chat and they essentially refused to give me any reasons for the suspension and disconnected me when i tried to discuss the issue. If i have broken any rules its completely accidental and i would have been willing to make any required changes but they have literally suspended the account and then removed me from their system without any rationale being given and now refuse to discuss it... basically high handed and impossible to work with

shanem54
April 11th, 2016

Great shopping on-line but when i comes to selling be very careful as you can get into debt like i have when things are automatically re-listed if you tick the box. But overall i think they could be a little bit more fair regarding listing fees and also regarding holding funds as a new customer /seller but they still like taking their fees thats what is really frustrating. But as a buyer great site 100% recommend Shane, Manchester uk.

johnb5965
December 15th, 2020

Having bought an item through Ebay that was incorrectly described I started a returns process. I was informed that I had to pay the postage for the return which I was not impressed with as the seller incorrectly described the size. When I tried to get a return label I was directed to PayPal which then kept sending me back to merchant.
I informed eBay and the seller on numerous occasions and requested to pay their return postage by debit card. They continually ignore me. When I did manage to have webchat with customer service who promised to email me a return label. Guess what I never received one.
I am now stuck with an item that does not fit and eBay have closed the return.
How can I return it if eBay will not give me return label and just ignore all communications from me.

chrisg1101
December 3rd, 2020

Dental 3-Well Wax Heater Dipping Pot…

Dental 3-Well Wax Heater Dipping Pot…

Dental 3-Well Wax Heater Dipping Pot Portable Analog Heater Pot JT-15 UK STOCK
Item price £115.96
Item discount -£5.80
Quantity 4
I purchased this product for 'listed as a UK seller'
The items were dispatched from China with an unrecognisable tracking number. They have never arrive. When I complained the company sent 1 out of the 4 from UK! As the company successfully sent one Ebay customer services said the case was closed!
I loose the rest of my money and they do not want to know!
They have lost respect and trust.
Looks like they have peaked and are enjoying the Covid situation.
I had 1576 positive buyer reviews, looks like parting from the company is the best response.
Beware its not what it was!
Regards
Chris

sarahl795
December 23rd, 2020

Absolutely disgusting company. I purchased an item from prasad1103 which was so fake, not even the same as the photo, awful quality, awful stitching and having purchased the item/make several times before I know exactly what the genuine item looks and feels like. I was forced to return it and wait for a refund which I did.
I then left negative feedback for the seller explaining the issues and ebay removed it without even telling me. Having asked them why they have decided that it was removed accidentally but surprise surprise they cannot reinstate it or let me resubmit feedback.
This is not the first time I have had issues with ebay and questioned them as to why they are turning a blind eye to dodgy sellers. Probably because this seller sells a lot and is therefore beneficial to them.
PLEASE PLEASE TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE! THIS COMPANY JUST GETS WORSE AND WORSE!

emmae147
October 18th, 2020

I can't speak for selling anything there, but from the buying side of it, some items arrive faster than others. Depends on the seller.

michaelr2681
November 16th, 2020

Ebay really has done quite well in COVID regarding being able to contact support for its sellers. The problem being that is all lost, all wasted if they are not supporting the sellers that sold 50,000 items (personally packaged every one by hand) and been with them over 20 years!
When a buyer abuses an Ebay policy you can not then say ah yes we can see that's the case but we are going to make you personally pay for it - that's real abuse. You really after 20 years have not moved on your still operating in a Corporate bully boy way and the reason for that is because you can! And for that reason I removed 880 listings today and closed my shop - because I can - In fact it does not suit me at all in any way but otherwise I got to live with myself accepting you can cheat me and bully me because even though you know you are in the wrong you can do - disguisting absolutely horrible. You forced my hand because I otherwise feel I am accepting whatever even against your own policies you decide to throw at me and then you can treat me like worthless rubbish so you clearly tried and this time you can't, well not without some consequence. I hope this guides other people about how strongly your willing to support the policies you made up - In this case where you clearly know I'm in the right the policy is 100 percent worthless and you allow the buyer to abuse it at my expense. HOW CAN I TRADE WITH YOU - TELL ME

raymonh3
May 13th, 2019

I regularly look to renew my cars and used to use ebay UK to aid my search, as I live in france but prefer to drive right hand drive cars as I visit my family in the UK quite often mit is not easy for me to simply pop on to a forecourt to view possible choices.
I have found that almost every advertisement for a private sale is a dealer, every statement of service history is a lie and almost every car has at least one accident in its history. When I report the most egregious cases to ebay they do nothing and deny any responsibility to investigate or check the frequent fraudulent users and they money lost to them. Caveat emptor has never been more applicable. Don't use the site or if you must check the MOT history via the government web site and do a full HPI check even though this is expensive if you are just looking.
Also watch out for the stolen user id's. Exellent feedback for selling anything other than cars or items below 10 pounds yet suddenly they are selling dozens of high priced cars.
I regularly find multiple instances of this and examples of phishing sites, so be very careful who and how you contact anyone. It is a great shame that ebay does not care to clean up this part of its on line empire, some of the other sections are excellent.

nk50
April 22nd, 2019

Clothes ridiculously small. Ask you to pay for returns then never refund you. Liars and cheats and time wasters. Avoid.

justicej5
June 19th, 2019

Don't be fooled by Hausrange 100% positive feedback. I knew i was fooled once and writing this for potential buyer out there.
I bought an item based on their 100% positive feedback and Uk based. Item did not arrived on estimated date and waited another 2 days but it did not arrive at all.
Contact seller and offer to resend i ve refused as this item for birthday present so no point.( it really cause inconvenience as i have to go looking for other item at last minute)

They state the reason is because their courier service damaged the item, and also other reason that are not add up the whole story.
Please do check on their natural feedback which reviewed on the same courier issues.
I've bought my item after reading this feedback(my bad) and they obviously done nothing to prevent this problem from occurring again.
For 100% positive feedback seller, this problem should not happen.

Another DISTURBING FACT- this seller have a habit of deleting their negative review.
I know that because i leave one, and as i check on their page every so often, they did the same with other people who leave negative review and they've done it pretty quickly.
Its like they re power seller in ebay and nobody can touch them.
If you do buy form them and leave a review- maybe leave neutral instead negative, at least your review wont get deleted.
Its an obvious seller that cheat buyer with their corrupt 100% positive feedback

mikec319
June 30th, 2017

Iv always used eBay, find the right buyer one with experience and plenty of reviews and no issues. Ebay idea for anything your looking for, its important you research the buyer before your purchase, give them a call send them an email ask any questions you might have. For any complications or issues ebay is always there to help

marks608
February 27th, 2018

EBay are a law unto themselves they totally back buyers and do not care about the sellers who pay huge fees to fund their lifestyles. Ebay have policies in place but totally ignore them to keep buyers happy. Its kind of strange as its the sellers that pay the huge fees, not the buyers so why punish honest sellers? This week alone I have lost over £50 to a buyer who purchased an item, used it and said they did not like it and returned it. Its a vaping tank and is classed as a personal item so cannot be returned if used, this is an eBay policy but they totally ignored it. The same buyer purchased another item, to get around the personal item rule they said it was faulty even though I know its not they have left negative feedback on my account. I had 100% positive feedback until this happened but eBay ignore that and believe the buyer despite my over 3000 positive reviews one buyer can ruin that. Surely anyone with a brain cell can work out if a seller has over 3000 positive feedback reviews and then one buyer complains in a week about two items there is something wrong with the buyer. They dont care so avoid them if you can. Trouble is and they know this sadly people want to help eBay by buying through it and not websites. Use your loaf, find your item in ebay, search the sellers name online and find their company as its usually cheaper and your not making eBay fatter wallets

Customer service doesn't exist. They never answer, unless you're threatening to cost them big money.

By James H.

It varies. Each item has an estimated date to you. Look closely at the page, underneath the item where it describes the shipping.

By James H.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the eBay UK staff and other customers.

Buy and sell electronics, cars, fashion apparel, collectibles, sporting goods, digital cameras, baby items, coupons, and everything else on eBay, the world's online marketplace

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eBay UK?

Have a question about eBay UK?