Review of TAYLOR HAMPTON

San Jose, CA 95125, US
Tel: +1 208-203-9666

johnh718
9/10/18

Despite the fact that EBAY were informed that I didn't receive the item I have paid for, the tracking number supplied by the vendor is not recognised by the carrier, and the item is not where the vendor claims it is,their customer services decided I was not due a refund, robbed by these scam artists

marks608
2/27/18

EBay are a law unto themselves they totally back buyers and do not care about the sellers who pay huge fees to fund their lifestyles. Ebay have policies in place but totally ignore them to keep buyers happy. Its kind of strange as its the sellers that pay the huge fees, not the buyers so why punish honest sellers? This week alone I have lost over £50 to a buyer who purchased an item, used it and said they did not like it and returned it. Its a vaping tank and is classed as a personal item so cannot be returned if used, this is an eBay policy but they totally ignored it. The same buyer purchased another item, to get around the personal item rule they said it was faulty even though I know its not they have left negative feedback on my account. I had 100% positive feedback until this happened but eBay ignore that and believe the buyer despite my over 3000 positive reviews one buyer can ruin that. Surely anyone with a brain cell can work out if a seller has over 3000 positive feedback reviews and then one buyer complains in a week about two items there is something wrong with the buyer. They dont care so avoid them if you can. Trouble is and they know this sadly people want to help eBay by buying through it and not websites. Use your loaf, find your item in ebay, search the sellers name online and find their company as its usually cheaper and your not making eBay fatter wallets

rosinap3
1/9/18

Keep away do not ever buy from ebay seller -super-mxw. You will never get your items and its hell to try get a refund. He will answer your messages but you will get the same message over and over again he doesnt understand english or pretends not too when it comes to paying back what is yours. 11 months i ve waited for my parcel to this day still not arrived and for 8months im trying to get a refund. He will that the mickey out of you sending you back messages with nothing more than a sad face very unprofessional and rude for a seller towards his customers. Please stay away the stress is not worth it. This seller shouldnt even be allowed to sell. Beware stay away.

andrewn54
11/2/17

Ebay almost always favors the buyer in case of any disputes or problems, so have that in mind if you'd like to start selling your stuff there.

teds55
9/27/17

IF YOU ARE A BUYER YOU SHOULD BEWARE THE EBAY RESOLUTION CENTRE.

Despite the fact that EBAY where informed that I didn't receive the item I have paid for, the tracking number supplied by the vendor is not recognised by the carrier, and the item is not where the vendor claims it is, EBAY DECIDED I AM NOT DUE A REFUND .

triciat1
9/26/17
• Updated review

Update to this review about ebay. I successfully received my full refund from PAYPAL. Ebay sees much less of my money.

“MONEY BACK POLICY MISLEADING ON EBAY”
7/2/16
• Previous review

Below you will see my ebay correspondence after purchasing items from a seller. The seller it seems posted a package to the wrong address and had the package returned to him/her. The seller then used this tracking number to inform ebay that he/she did post the item and had a tracking number. When I contacted the courier I was given a reference number for the case showing that the package was returned to the seller and signed as having been received by the seller and not me (the recipient). I provided all of this information to ebay who ruled in favour of the seller, ignored repeatedly the evidence I provided to them, and added insult to injury by removing my negative feedback from the sellers Ebay page. To date I am out of my money , with no product and no access to the money back guarantee EBAY advertises on their site. Further they have even removed the transaction from my account HISTORY. Thank goodness I have screen shots of it. EBAY IS ENABLING BANDITS AND ENGAGING IN UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY TOWARD CUSTOMERS. Below is the most recent correspondence from them:

Not only have you (EBAY):
1. Enabled a thief on your market place by refusing to refund me my money on your money back guarantee policy since I provided proof to you that the seller has the goods in his possession and also refused to refund or reship the goods but you
2. Removed my negative customer feedback without just cause and thus muted me as a customer with the right to give feedback on my experience and further
3. You removed the purchase transaction from my EBAY purchase history located in my 'private ' account

All of the above is tantamount to unlawful and unfair trade practices. As a result I have put my review including all details and copies of ebay documents on a global review page so that the world can see what EBAY.UK 's policy is to customers and EBAYS FALSE ADVERTISING OF THE MONEY BACK GUARANTEE to lure unsuspecting customers into a feeling of trust.

YOUR RESPONSE TO ME IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE AND UNLAWFUL!

Previous Message Follows

UPDATE

I tried again to contact ebay to right their wrong via messages from my account page and via telephone - they ran me around from one operator to the next until the final one hung up the phone. It seems to me that ebay's policy is to protect the sellers who bring them business thus the 'money back policy' they advertise is just there to entice customers into a false sense of safety. I told them that I would blog them - it didn't seem to bother them much.

So I took it a step further by putting in a complaint on my PAYPAL and escalated the matter immediately since I had tried communicating with the seller and ebay. The evidence is clear that the ebay seller is a thief and has probably scammed various people with this same tactic. I also learned that a number of them post empty boxes to your home so that they can show a tracking number and delivery + receipt by the customer. Bunch of scam artist they are. Nevertheless my claim with paypal went through and i PROVIDED ALL THE EVIDENCE TO PROVE MY CASE which was also sent to ebay- who ignored it. PAYPAL RULED IN MY FAVOUR. Will update when I actually receive the funds in my account.

THE EBAY BANDIT listed as living in Blackpool UK - a depressed seaside town - saw this review and attempted to spam my facebook business page with unintelligible and offensive language. Its amazing the extent people will go to steal other people's money. To you BURNSFESTIVALFUNFAIR - ( and you are lucky I haven't put your real name because I have that too) these are my final words :-

"THOU SHALL NOT STEAL!"
-------------------------

No Subject SR# 1-79775732381

Hello Tricia, Thank you for writing back to eBay Customer Service in relation to the bag (item 322116989973) you bought from “burnsfestivalfunfair" . I am sorry to hear that the seller refused to refund you for this transaction though the item was returned back to them. Let me assist you with this. I have thoroughly reviewed all of the details of your case again today but please understand that, as previously explained, we cannot overturn our original decision, and we cannot grant your appeal because seller provided tracking showing that the item was delivered to your address. If you are wondering what your next steps should be in relation to this transaction, please refer to our previous emails on the matter. Remember you are covered with eBay’s Money Back Guarantee programme once you meet our terms and conditions, for more information please see our page below; http://pages.ebay.co.uk/ebay-money-back-guarantee/index.html I understand this isnt the answer you were hoping for but I know Ive explained our decision clearly. I wish you all the best on eBay in the future. Kind regards, Mica D. eBay Customer Service

From:
Sent: 7/11/2016 7:14:25 PM
To:
CC:
Subject: Viewing your eBay seller invoice

Viewing your eBay seller invoice

[THREAD ID: 1-10NCET27]eBay Document ID: 36625805001

eBay is committed to your privacy. Read our user agreement and privacy notice. Learn how to recognise fake (spoof) emails.

Copyright © 2016 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM BURNSFESTIVALFUNFAIR on eBAY UK.

Don't depend on Ebay's money back guarantee. Its a scam.

Do not depend on Ebays review policy for sellers - also a scam as sellers can ask to have negative reviews removed and ebay complies.

stewartc28
9/25/17

With 'customer service' this bad, I wonder why serious businesses even bother with the hassle of selling on eBay any more. I know I had to stop for the sake of my mental health.

The danger for sellers is that, because of eBay's vast reach and the millions of part-time, non VAT-registered sellers, many businesses are often selling at lower prices than on their own website, despite eBay's ever-increasing charges (remember when they were about 5% and no fees on postage?).

The consequence could be that in another decade or two, nearly all internet sales are handled through third party sites like eBay and Amazon. Businesses will basically no longer be independent, increasing merchandise will be banned as they are deemed politically incorrect (such as all Confederate flag items, as just one example).

They will be able to set prices by setting their fees (why stop at 10% plus rip-off PayPal fees?) and we will only have easy access to the books they think we ought to read and the music and films we should own and the food we should eat.

Join me in boycotting eBay, as a seller and as a buyer, otherwise we will be at the mercy of these kind of companies and in my experience, they don't do much inn the way of mercy.

dominicg
9/8/17

Have bought some great products off the site. Never had problems with the sellers or the buyers. I guess that's why the competition never lasted a long time.

danielj95
8/30/17

One thing best about eBay is they always care for their customers and always respond them on time. Although I trust on their products quality but I am even sure if I ever get any problem they will sort it out.

laryl1
8/25/17

I loved the idea and the concept of ebay but their customer service is very bad.
I would recommend to pay via your credit card and not use pay pal.

davidw512
8/9/17

Have deleted my account had a few bad experiences,even delivery is ridiculous and when you ask ebay to get involved they dont want to know,even when i phoned ebay,they said not to use the automated service,ive been with amazon for a while never had an issue with products/sellers and delivery is spot on

allisters
8/3/17

I hate to admit it i use ebay at least 3/4 times a month, never had a bad experience so far, i've had some good deals, and have found even the brand new stuff is cheaper to buy here than online.

alisong32
8/1/17

Obstructive and inpenetrable rules. Restricted my account saying I was trying to sell off ebay when I wasn't (apparently using their own messaging system to answer questions about the item you're selling is against their rules?!) Their 'seller protection' has previously been completely useless and their fees are massively disproportionate to what they're doing. I'm off to Schpock/Gumtree.

Tip for consumers: Don't

terrim40
7/22/17

They suspended me for no reason. Didn't give me a logical explanation. Just kicked me to the curb and forced me to pay fees from a fraudulent dispute. eBay sets it up where buyers game the system and leaves the sellers hanging dry. Had my 2 year account suspended because of them. Does eBay care? Why should they. They take your money and kick you in the groin so you live with the consequences.

After endless months of trying to get it reinstated, I just gave up. They didn't budge at all. Had to enlist Auction Essistance to help me create a stealth account just to start selling again.

Does eBay like it? Who cares, they created this environment so they need to deal with it.

toms334
7/4/17

Make sure you use a reputable seller because the eBay guarantee is worthless, you'll get very little help from them if you have a problem with one of their sellers. I bought a caravan awning for £449, when it arrived it was damaged, it had a hole in the roof panel and a corresponding hole in the bag in which it came. I've been trying to return it since 19 Jun (15 days), I've offered 5 days when it could be collected. I've stayed in for these 5 days just in case. The seller is trying to get the manufacturer to pick it up, the manufacturer has made no contact whatsoever. Ebay are supposed to be sorting it out for me but are just making the situation worse.

mikec319
6/30/17

Iv always used eBay, find the right buyer one with experience and plenty of reviews and no issues. Ebay idea for anything your looking for, its important you research the buyer before your purchase, give them a call send them an email ask any questions you might have. For any complications or issues ebay is always there to help

huldad
6/13/17

really nice and i love that you can find one of kind things there...!!! and they are really fast and always the ready to help and do anything for you, if you ask. :) I'm really happy with them....!!!!

jayk82
5/3/17

1 STAR IS WAYYYY TOO MUCH! THEY ACCUSED ME OF BEING "ABUSIVE" AND "SWEARING" WHEN I SAID "HOW STUPID IS THIS POLICY OF EBAY?"...WITH THE WORD "STUPID" BEING A SWEAR/ABUSIVE?, SPOKE TO THE MANAGER AND HE/SHE SADLY AGREED WITH THE REP. THEY WOULDN'T LET THE BUYER SEE THE ITEM BEFORE PURCHASE! I HAVE THE CHAT TRANSCRIPT IF ANYBODY INTERESTED! ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED IN EBAYS BEHAVIOR! STAY WELL IN DISTANCE FROM THEM!

charlottec38
4/17/17

I hardly had a problem shopping at ebay, and they respond effectively and quickly if you don't receive an item. The only thing I would change is that they should allow to put more detailed feedback and also change it when necessary. I recommend Ebay

maxl44
4/17/17

I just move myself to Amazon. Honestly i open my account in 2002. I just delete everything lately EBay became unreliable and dishonest.
AVOID IT. Also they use Paypal is horrible and avoid post services as
ParcelForce. Ebay became totally crap.

roosg1
4/1/17

I'm an ebay seller and have just closed my shop due to constant theft that ebay allows. If you want free stuff shop on ebay, all you need to do is claim you never got your item as most sellers like myself (in order to remain competitive on prices) do not send items with tracking so get your item and then open a case to claim you didn't. Ebay will ask the buyer for a tracking number if they don't provide one you get your money back...easy, shame ebay treat sellers in such a way as without sellers they don't have a business!

maryamk4
2/15/17

The clothes are quirky and unique, reasonably priced. i would buy from just-me co again.
The customer service provided by the seller was great i received my item within the week it was hassle free and a quick process.

cordialt
1/21/17

Wrote a review on this mega market from a seller's perspective (Dealing with company policy & how to get your feet wet). nonetheless reading similar reviews i came across many 1 star reviews and reading it, i realize a seller's nightmare. mostly people were upset because they do not read. ebay usually offers several of the same item from diverse sellers. it is a marketplace that is very rigorous for sellers to pass. So when consumers are not even willing to choose carefully then blame the seller is bluntly stated pretty lame. With that out of the way, if you research your item and research your seller you will see clear pattern of someone you want to or not want to deal with. just like in "real life" when you walk in a store and the "vibe" you get is similar to the sellers feedback on ebay or how their inventory appears ...SO as a shopper, take your time. watch items, research how much they sold for and if you are patient you will find hard to find items for fraction of the cost of retail. remember ebay sellers want you to have a good experience because their status depends on it :) So overall ebay is a pretty safe marketplace to do business on and even if there is a small hickup that usually can be worked out with the sellers before ebay has to step in. Have fun. join the future. big box stores will be a thing of the past before we know it. Last but not least i have purchased hundred items on ebay over last decade and 99% accuracy/great condition. Just gotta read a little. :)

joseg52
10/4/16

Chinese Ebay seller did cheat us... and Ebay afterwards does it once more not complying with their Money Back Guarantee

For Ebay to know this story belongs to appealing case SR# 1-87948172921

As ordered by Ebay... I did supply the tracking number provided by the shipper.
However... after a long wait... Thailand Post told me that the parcel with tracking number RR211160065TH was refused by the recipient.
What does Ebay really want an already frustrated buyer to do as the buyer did follow Ebay's instructions correctly.
In fact firstly the buyer is cheated by a Chinese seller and afterwards Ebay does the same not complying what is promised.
Does Ebay really think buyers to be stupid?
Ebay gave the buyer advice to send the items back to the seller which was done providing a tracking number... to receive later a confirmation letter of receipt.
I went to Thailand Post Office last week... to hear that the seller refused the parcel.
HOWEVER... THE PARCEL IS IN CHINA !!!!!!!!!!!!

This cannot be the buyers problem as the buyer did comply Ebay's orders a buyer in Thailand is not able to force a fraudulent Chinese seller to accept a parcel in China.
Ebay is completely wrong but we will proof by a document of the Thailand Post that the seller refused to sign for and/or accept the parcel.

I refuse to contact the seller he/she is an uncivilized Chinese having insulted me already too many times.
Ebay's Money Back Guarantee is a complete joke due to the fact that Ebay afterwards obliges the buyer to proof the seller did receive, or to force the seller to receive... meanwhile the tracking numbers provided are too many times not updated by the shippers... if not... the already fraudulent seller repeats to be incorrect.

Ebay may be stubborn in this case however I recommend buyers to be stubborn as well by stopping to buy on Ebay!

Astonished and annoyed!
Dirk van Ostaden

svetlanad3
9/11/16

I am absolutely dissatisfied with selling on Ebay. First of all, you can sell only almost for nothing the lowest imaginable cost and when you get ebay fees and paypal fees deducted you get nothing at all! Open your eyes! EBAY support team is no use at all. They don't even try to investigate the matter and continue sending to you the same template answers word by word giving even wrong information about the date of the listing that caused problem and have no idea what was wrong with it that it was removed and my account banned forever. The only answer you get in each email is that this is permanent decision. So I did investigation mysleff. I listed my item as usual with photos and full description and got the confirmation email with a gallery photo in it. the next morning I found 2 emails saying that I don't have photos in my listing and 2-d saying that I am indefinitely restricted in selling in this category. Can you imagine my shock? Now it is so funny really to make them see that I have as a proof the email confirming my listing that it had all the photos and the gallery photo to make them acknowledge that there was a technical mistake that had no connection to me. I feel like talking to the wall! I got NO SUPPORT! NO EXPLANATION! NO HELP! Amazingly unhelpful and blind customer service! And how funny they don't give you their full names only Simon B., Janey O. So you cannot even identify them.

Tip for consumers: It is not worth selling on Ebay. I am a new seller I got banned instead of support and help!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the TAYLOR HAMPTON staff and other customers.

6 Photos for TAYLOR HAMPTON