Dylan Queen UK

Dylan Queen UK

Dylan Queen UK has a consumer rating of 2.44 stars from 620 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Dylan Queen UK also ranks 87th among Wedding Dresses sites. The most common issues with Dylan Queen UK are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• I am so in love with my wedding dress, You've made me so beautiful on my coming wedding day!
  • Everyone keeps asking me where I got the purple cocktail dresses.

• Firstly the image on the website was nothing like the dress i received.
  • Terrible customer service and i will not stop making these comments to prevent others to be fooled.
How would you rate Dylan Queen UK?

“Stunning”

Michelle B.
1/18/17

I have just received my wedding dress, and was really worried because of the reviews I read AFTER I'd ordered. I can honestly saw it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It's exactly as it is in the picture (if not better), and it fits just perfect. I really can't wait until August for my wedding to wear this gorgeous dress. Thank you Dylanqueen. I would recommend you anytime.

“FRAUD”

Flora T.
4/12/16

Completely fraudulent. Ordered one dress which was fine, nicely made, ordered 4 more for bridesmaid dresses - Totally the wrong colour, very badly made. Totally different to the first one. All measurements incorrect, and £450 down... their reply? 'There's nothing wrong with them we checked before sending' followed by - 'there must be a reason you buy from abroad, it's cheaper, you get what you pay for so you just have to keep them'

dress (537) customer service (114) wedding dress (35) not buy (45) credit card company (17) not order (30) this company (110) trading standards (19) money (151) return policy (10) web site (12) dresses (121)
michelleb240
January 18th, 2017
emilys57
April 26th, 2015
I ordered a dress from Dylan Queen for a wedding. The dress arrived on time and it was the right dress but they sewed the dress and left two pins in it that could only be removed by creating a larger hole in the fabric. Getting them to refund me even 10% was extremely difficult. They were very unprofessional in their responses and didn't care that they had sent me a dress with pins in it. I would only buy a dress from this site again if I had exhausted all other options.
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your shopping on Dylanqueen.co.uk. We sincerely apologize for this problem happened on you. Could you please give me your order number? So I can check the details for you. Also, I will inform this unpleasant problem to my higher manager. Anyway, we will try our best to resolve this question and gain your trust. You can also write to:service@dylanqueen.co.uk. I am sure that you will get the related answers from our manager. May you have a good day!

gemmas10
November 13th, 2015
The dress arrived and was badly made, threading not completed properly and overall the size was completely off. I sent pictures and spoke to customer services about getting a refund and they initially offered me 5% towards the cost of me getting the dress tailored. Yes, £5 towards what is likely to cost me £50! I refused and they then offered me 10%. Absolute joke. I also had a very abrupt Sandra telling me I must have bought the dress from abroad because it was cheap so I should not be expecting such high quality. Avoid this company. I will keep fighting but I dont think I will get anywhere. Wish I had read these reviews first of all!
archiem27
April 16th, 2015
Don't go near as I bought a dress for daughters wedding when it arrived to say the least it was far to big and had to say 60 $ to get it altered so stay well away from this place

katyl3
March 30th, 2015
The dress arrived lovely. However the delivery company (TNT) also provided me with an ADDITIONAL invoice for over £24!. Customs are looking at imports from China and charging you. Spoke to TNT who confirmed that they have to pay the Government so they can deliver it. So you have to pay them :(

Tip for consumers: Add this to the poice

lisam433
May 6th, 2017
I recently found one of these dresses at a local thrift in the states. It was so beautiful I couldn't put it down and bought it. Naturally I looked for these dresses online to find the reviews here albeit the dress was not custom ordered as other reviews but the dress itself shines brilliantly my daughter looked amazing in it. As far as the quality of the dress the chiffon and mesh were beautifully done. There was much beadwork detailing on the front of the dress which was not the best workmanship I. E thread clearly visible due to contrasting color of dress. All in all I'm happy with my purchase. I paid for a one of a kind dress for my daughter's prom from another store beads were coming off too and poorly stitched even with 20 off set me back 300 dollars so it can happen anywhere. I guess the difference is online vs what you get
ursulaq
July 4th, 2015
So sorry I didn't read these reviews first before ordering a dress. The dress arrived on the date stated and was the material and design I ordered but not a UK size 18. Have been told it is my fault and there is nothing I can do about this. Dress cost £79.99 delivery £25.00 and tax to be paid before delivery £3.50 Now I have a dress which doesn't fit. From what I can discover the dress has been made to US size 14. Totally unhappy with the company no customers service at all. Please don't make the same mistake as me and just DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY

paule97
May 8th, 2015
I bought a dress for my daughters prom she is between size6 to 8 ordered size 8 when dress came zip very poor and she struggled to do dress up. I did send several emails and was not answered until a week or so ago. I had a letter off tnt and I now owe them £25 for postage whch I payed £20 to Dylan queen. I have had several emails now offering 15% back for a dress which is no good. I have now been and opened a small claims court against them and I have also emailed watchdog this company should not be trading as they do and my daughter has her prom in 4 weeks and is very upset please please please do not buy off them and get ripped off like I have
lorraines25
February 27th, 2016
After reading all the horrendous reviews I was getting more and more worried. Sleepless nights etc as I was not able to track the prom dress either. Then it came on 26 February. My daughter texted me to say it was fine. I got home from work and went to see it. It was absolutely beautiful and as my daughter is tall, a perfect length and fit in every way. I thanked Dylan Queen and thought I would share this with other consumers. It was a gamble but it paid off for us.
florat2
April 12th, 2016
lisag121
March 19th, 2016
This company leads you to believe they are out of the UK but they are from Asia! The dress material looks nothing like the website shows (it looks like sequins you would use on a little kids pageant dress) and they sewed it so terribly that the tailor is not able to correct it! I paid $149 and no matter how many times I sent pictures and tried to get them to understand they would only offer a 10% refund! DO NOT TRUST THEM!
sheilal14
April 28th, 2015
I ordered a white lace dress on wedding and I have to say it was worth the money I spent and the time waited for it. My friends are really trying to figure out where I got this and it's fun to watch them guess. I love their selection of proms too and it matches my personality just right and for a great price! I'm definitely going to be ordering more from this site, especially dresses and a few pieces of jewelry they have on the site. Best wishes for the company.
deanob
May 4th, 2016
Purchased a prom dress for my daughter - arrived in appalling condition, rip down the front, sequins in the packaging, poorly made at seams. Offered me a heart wrenching excuse and 6% refund to keep the garment. Will not take the dress back. Still nothing 3 months later, have now raised a case with visa. Customer Services cannot understand basic English. Please do not use this terrible, un-caring bunch of money grabbing fraudsters.
annan63
August 13th, 2017
I ordered a dress on DylanQueen.co.uk about a week and a half ago and I read reviews AFTER I bought the dress and now I am very worried about it it being delivered. I spent 166 on the dress which is a lot of money and it is for my debs. I would love if someone who ordered a dress off of the website could help me out here, has anyone had a good experience with the website? If we're they all bad?
christinaw38
April 25th, 2016
Ordered a dress with jacket for a wedding came quickly! But the dress was poorly made had a hole in it. Size was all wrong. Does not fit. After 15 emails back and forward they ignored me. So cant get a refund. Stuck with a awful dress that cost a fortune. Do not order off this company. They could'nt careless. Just want your money! Dont even want to give it a rating but cant submit unless i do!
blanches2
March 1st, 2015
Dress is of very good quality.The site is easy to navigate, easy to find what you are looking for.The shipping was super fast got here before the expected delivery date. Didn't have to contact customer service so I can't comment on that. Very prompt communications. Five stars, will shop at dress-market again. The dress is absolutely beautiful! The measurements are exactly as stated in the size chart! The quality is far beyond my expectations. This dress is lovely and flattering!
jennifera37
July 2nd, 2014
There were a few alterations that I had to have made like an extra button for the back side of the party dress where it is laced up and there was an applique that was sewn on the wrong way. All easy fixes, the attention to detail is amazing with this dress! Also the party dress came with optional straps that you snap into place, i love this feature so on the big day I can decide whether or not I want to go strapless or have straps. Thanks very much! If i need, i will come next time.
ke7448
March 9th, 2015
I ordered a dress for my wedding reception. Not only did the dress arrive 3 weeks late but when arrived it was not the same design as on the website. It was made of cheap substandard material and was ill-fitting. They offered me an 8% refund but when I declined that ridiculous offer they said they can not give me a full refund. DO NOT BUY from this company they are con artists and scammers. There customer service is appalling!
jod798
May 16th, 2016
I ordered a made to measure dress for my daughter for her prom, the dress arrived in good time and was the correct colour and style, but that's where the positives end! How a made to measure dress can be 4" too big around the chest and 5" too long I will never know, aswell as numerous gems hanging off and poor stitching in the lining. Well what can be done about it? Dylan Queen will do nothing even after me sending photos they say the dress is fine, offer no exchange or refund
jordiek
April 29th, 2016
It was my first time ordering from Dylan queen, The customer service/ support team wasn't very good at all, however I gave my own measurements in and got a quality dress for a reasonable price. I ordered this dress for prom and it came within the expected time. Overall-not bad. Would order again.
michelleb198
June 3rd, 2016
I would sincerely advise people stay away from these companies, they take your money and send something back completely different to what you order. Poor workmanship, ugly colours, hit with more fees from courier company upon delivery. You complain to the company and someone called Sharon replies with take your goods to be altered in the UK, nothing but con artists these trade under many nmaes which I will expose all over the net.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING STEER CLEAR RIP OFFS

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY OFF SHILLAS, DYLANQUEEN.CO.UK JUST BUY IN UK GUARANTEED QUALITY

antoniaw1
February 14th, 2015
I'm appalled at the service Dylan queen offered this site is obviously a scam. Firstly the image on the website was nothing like the dress i received. Secondly as soon as i opened the package (which took 25+ days to come) and unzipped the dress it broke. I couldn't believe how poor quality this dress was. Then when i went to email the company, they offered to pay to fix the dress. Basically admitting they knew it was faulty. After i explained how i didn't want it fixing, but just a return they ignored all my further emails. Don't buy from this website its a scam. And I expect all posit reviews are from the company its self.

Tip for consumers: Never use this site quality is awful and customer service is disgusting

ls92
January 14th, 2016
Absolutely disgusted with this company, I ordered my daughter a dress which looked beautiful when it arrived I was devastated I've never seen anything so tacky in all my life. I have been trying to get a refund at first they told me to take it to the local tailors or do some alterations myself! Now they are offering me a 5% discount, never again will I buy from this company.
suzyc9
March 26th, 2015
When i receive my dress, actually i have some surprise. Yeah, the dress is beyond my image. It is really very fashionable and fits me well. So i am more willing to give 5 stars for Dylanqueen. I must say that customer service is very good, and she reply my email in the shortest time. Yes, i hope to deal with some details with email instead of live chat. Always, so happy shopping experience. Hope you can
suem51
March 27th, 2015
DONT ORDER FROM THIS SITE... I wish I had read some of these reviews... if you look at the site response they are all the same. Poor Quality cheap and doesn't fit... I've been ripped off by these guys twice now (they changed their name and I was stupid enough to fall for it again) All you get is a crappy parcel from China with a crappy dress inside that doesn't look anything like what you ordered and worse still just doesn't fit! It's so badly made it's laughable

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY

Stay away from these scammers the dresses are atrocious

By tracey l.
See more answers (31)

Please save your money and shop elsewhere. These people are a complete rip off. My mother in law bought a dress for a wedding and the size was completely wrong ( even though she bought it based on the measurements and went up a size to be on the safe side) and they refused to return it. It was obvious that it was made poorly but they refused to return or exchange it. The dress was also very cheap looking, nothing like the website. They're a complete fraud. I reported them and my mother in law filed a complaint with her credit card company to get her money back. Definitely do yourself a favor and stay away from these people.

By Jasmine r.
See more answers (32)

Whitney, please take your money and run very fast in the opposite direction. This company is not ethical. They took my money, did not provide a dress than refused to provide a refund. Here's what's really insulting, they offered a discount if I brought another dress. Really, after not refunding my money from the first order. Let all of you under the eye of this posting ask the government to investigate them and shut them down. They are stealing from the public people.

By Virginia C.