DylanQueen.co.uk reviews

HongKong, China

annan63
8/13/17

I ordered a dress on DylanQueen.co.uk about a week and a half ago and I read reviews AFTER I bought the dress and now I am very worried about it it being delivered. I spent 166 on the dress which is a lot of money and it is for my debs. I would love if someone who ordered a dress off of the website could help me out here, has anyone had a good experience with the website? If we're they all bad?

paulb346
6/2/17

I wouldn't buy any thing else of this company bought a dress and it was nothing like the picture had Diamante's missing and red pen all over the back of dress and having Hassel getting my money back this dress was for my daughters prom night

lisam433
5/6/17

I recently found one of these dresses at a local thrift in the states. It was so beautiful I couldn't put it down and bought it. Naturally I looked for these dresses online to find the reviews here albeit the dress was not custom ordered as other reviews but the dress itself shines brilliantly my daughter looked amazing in it. As far as the quality of the dress the chiffon and mesh were beautifully done. There was much beadwork detailing on the front of the dress which was not the best workmanship I.e thread clearly visible due to contrasting color of dress. All in all I'm happy with my purchase. I paid for a one of a kind dress for my daughter's prom from another store beads were coming off too and poorly stitched even with 20 off set me back 300 dollars so it can happen anywhere. I guess the difference is online vs what you get

michelleb240
1/18/17

I have just received my wedding dress, and was really worried because of the reviews I read AFTER I'd ordered. I can honestly saw it is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It's exactly as it is in the picture (if not better), and it fits just perfect. I really can't wait until August for my wedding to wear this gorgeous dress. Thank you Dylanqueen. I would recommend you anytime.

annonimousf
7/20/16

Where to begin. I ordered 4 bridesmaids dresses from this site a month or so ago. When they arrived they looked nothing like the dresses displayed on the website and were made far too big. I got in touch with customer services and it became obvious they are made in china. Poor speaking english and email replies in the early hours of the morning requesting the most rediculous of tasks to prove the dresses were wrong. 1 of which were to have photos of the children in the dresses that didnt fit...i didnt find it appropriate to send pictures of other peoples children in an obvious state of undress! I told them this and got called a liar. Although i had sent pictures, and had the measurements taken by a dressmaker! I always had a different customer service agent and they always asked the same questions and always insisted i was wrong. We hired a professional dress maker to correct the dresses and payed £80 each dress!! Which out costed the origional price of £266. We were very bluntly told we can have 5% off the dresses which came to £13. What an insult!!! These people or person pretending to be many different people?...are frauds i urge you not to buy from this site!!! Our wedding is weeks away and quite frankly has been ruined. I have reported this sham site to trading standards and they are in agreeance to my complaints towards them. They will be investigated by them and my credit card company for fraud. Our dresses will now cost £588. Could have got them on amazon for £30 each! I urge you for your own sakes stay well away from this site and these horrid induviduals, i assure you its a sham. SHAME ON YOU!!!!

rt58
6/6/16

Agree with all previous comments. TERRIBLE QUALITY, TERRIBLE SERVICE AND NOT WORTH A DIME. spent a considerable expense and money buying a dress for my niece as a flower girl. The dress was shockingly made, designed and the colour was horrendous. NOTHING like the pictures at all!! STAY AWAY and don't bother wasting your money. Returns are impossible!!

michelleb198
6/3/16

I would sincerely advise people stay away from these companies, they take your money and send something back completely different to what you order. Poor workmanship, ugly colours, hit with more fees from courier company upon delivery. You complain to the company and someone called Sharon replies with take your goods to be altered in the UK, nothing but con artists these trade under many nmaes which I will expose all over the net.

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING STEER CLEAR RIP OFFS

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY OFF SHILLAS, DYLANQUEEN.CO.UK JUST BUY IN UK GUARANTEED QUALITY

deer39
5/31/16

Please heed this and other warnings regarding this Scam of a Company and it's fraudulent practices. Recently ordered a dress for my Wife - gave them the complete measurements and some - This 'thing' arrived and to say it's cheap, cheap and nasty tat is an understatement. I also asked for a size 14 - this thing wasn't even a size 12. Tried my best to get refund then they just blanked me. Totally thieving B@stards. I really do hope they get what's coming.

jaynel6
5/20/16

Ordered prom dress for daughter ... What a joke wrong colour and size didn't look anything like advertised.. When contacted them they said nothing they could do . Don't be fooled rip off you will not get your money back .

jod798
5/16/16

I ordered a made to measure dress for my daughter for her prom, the dress arrived in good time and was the correct colour and style, but that's where the positives end! How a made to measure dress can be 4" too big around the chest and 5" too long I will never know, aswell as numerous gems hanging off and poor stitching in the lining. Well what can be done about it?? Dylan Queen will do nothing even after me sending photos they say the dress is fine, offer no exchange or refund

tanyadawnh
5/7/16

I ordered a made to measure evening gown in October with express service and expedited mail so that it would be ready for a photoshoot - it was not cheap but looked super in their photos. The dress arrived surprisingly quickly but I was immediately struck that the flesh-toned mesh was white and there were huge ugly seams where the promo picture showed none, but worse was to come because it was entirely the wrong size - I think they just had this in stock ( probably a return from another poor sap ) and was far too small. I went through huge hoops sending pictures with detailed measurements and every time a different 'customer agent' would reply asking for clarification in poor English or offering me few pounds so I could get it altered locally(!) What a farce - this is their tactic. Send you cheap rubbish then offer a tiny discount. I eventually went to my bank and after several more months got my money back. These people are a disgrace - don't even think about it!

deanob
5/4/16

Purchased a prom dress for my daughter - arrived in appalling condition, rip down the front, sequins in the packaging, poorly made at seams. Offered me a heart wrenching excuse and 6% refund to keep the garment. Will not take the dress back. Still nothing 3 months later, have now raised a case with visa. Customer Services cannot understand basic English. Please do not use this terrible, un-caring bunch of money grabbing fraudsters.

jordiek
4/29/16

It was my first time ordering from Dylan queen, The customer service/ support team wasn't very good at all, however I gave my own measurements in and got a quality dress for a reasonable price. I ordered this dress for prom and it came within the expected time. Overall-not bad. Would order again.

carolp71
4/29/16

I would like to share my experience in the hopes that it will save people's money!! I did not order from this website but have used ladystyle.co.uk. They are the same company that have just launched a new website under different name!! I was tempted by how nice their dresses are and by the fact that they can do custom size dresses. So I found a dress, took my measurements and placed my order. I have even paid extra for expedited delivery as I needed the dress for a wedding. The dress did come quickly however the biggest shock was that the dress is almost 3 times bigger than my size!!! Nothing has been made according to the measurements I have requested.

I have emailed their support immediately complaining and requesting a refund, and I was asked to provide them with photos, so I did take photos that show how big the dress is, they came back to me telling me that the dress has been tailored made and it can not be returned and that I have taken the wrong measurements! Not only that, they even want me to take more photos of me taping myself so they can see the measurements!!!! Also they told me to take it to a tailor to fix it!!! I am just shocked of how those sites even exist and are just stealing people's money.

People please stay away from those sites, I have learned the hard way. I am still fighting with them and requesting a refund. I do not see how I will ever get my money back. But I am writing to whoever is tempted to order a dress from there, it is all a waste of time and money and you will end up throwing it in the bin where it belongs.

Not only that, they are not even based in Europe nor England! They are all based in China, so we do not have any rights as a consumer. Please stay away from temptation and I really wish I have read the reviews before I made my purchase. Be very careful and save your money!!!

christinaw38
4/25/16

Ordered a dress with jacket for a wedding came quickly ! But the dress was poorly made had a hole in it .. size was all wrong .. does not fit .. after 15 emails back and forward they ignored me .. so cant get a refund .. stuck with a awful dress that cost a fortune .. do not order off this company .. they could'nt careless .. just want your money !!!!! Dont even want to give it a rating but cant submit unless i do !!!!

hannahd16
4/16/16

Having visited this review site and read some good and some bad reviews, I decided to go ahead and order a prom dress thinking that 'something bad wouldn't happen to me.'
I was however, mistaken. Having paid more for the dress than originally intended, I expected it to be beautiful. However, I arrived the wrong size, poorly made, with a broken zip, creased and with bits of lace, thread and sequins falling off. Having sent photos as asked when asking for a refund, I have received numerous emails over the last few weeks each from a completely different person. Although the return policy states clearly 'that you qualify for a FULL refund if the dress is defective or damaged' all they are trying to offer me is 5%!
Absolutely ridiculous. Awful dress, awful price, awful customer service. Couldn't be more upset and annoyed.

deborahm86
4/13/16

I wish i had read the reviews before ordering! The dress i ordered had a gold beaded top and a white bottom. What i recieved was an all white dress where the neck was so tight my daughter felt like she was choking when trying it on!! I have had exactly the same response as everyone else has had when asking for refund!! They just dont give you one!! Beware they trade under different names and websites the latest one being ladystyle.co.uk! They should all be shut down. Buy from uk , you may pay more but at least will end up with something decent!! Please please read all the reviews as these people are shocking and really couldnt care less.

juliec86
4/12/16

Just had an online chat with Maggie. At Dylan queen who admits that they get lots of complaints and that the website is a scam

Tip for consumers: I have finally obtained an address to send my dress back

florat2
4/12/16

Completely fraudulent. Ordered one dress which was fine, nicely made, ordered 4 more for bridesmaid dresses - Totally the wrong colour, very badly made. totally different to the first one. all measurements incorrect, and £450 down... their reply? 'There's nothing wrong with them we checked before sending' followed by - 'there must be a reason you buy from abroad, it's cheaper, you get what you pay for so you just have to keep them'

karens194
4/11/16

Bought a dress and jacket for my sons wedding,shoddy workmanship doesn't fit,asked for refund and to return it,guess what!! Still arguing with them!!! Wanted to give me 5% back out of £125 WHAT A JOKE, now got to try and find something else!!
THESE PEOPLE ARE JOKERS
DONT BUY FROM THEM
Heartbroken and angry

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from here!!!

tanyaa13
4/10/16

Is it possible to ask any authority to close this site? They are misleading, quality is disgusting! It seems for me that they send few 'normal' dresses to get positive reviews but 90% are really disgusting. Sizes are wrong. Customer service doesn't response! Return policy is awful. There are so many Chinese businesses which are qualitative and professional, but these are thieves! And prices are not 'Chinese'. I've paid £100 for my daughter prom dress, but received skirt and some disgusting lace different to picture of the dress. Does anybody know how it is possible to request to close the web-site at least with co.uk!

sherrys51
4/7/16

I ordered my dress sent them a picture of off the shoulder strap for the gown. Shipping and making time was fast!! I assumed they would acknowledge their error being that they are quick to respond to emails. I've explained and showed them pictures, upon arrival it was completely wrong they sent me long sleeves!!! I contacted them immediately that day- within the 7 days - they wanted me to send picture attachments which I already did and told me "the dress looks fine" we cannot do a return. Which clearly the dress "is fine" but it is NOT what I ordered. I've read the return policy and I know I'm entitled to a legitimate return because of an error on their part. They dress doesn't fit perfectly but that is fine I can get that altered I don't expect it to fit like a glove. I understand it's difficult for them to accept refunds because these or custom dresses. But the dress I ordered was made incorrect on a specific area and they will not acknowledge it!!! I won't say not to go through them I'm sure they've done a great job with you others but I wouldn't want anyone to go through my experience $180 including shipping isn't worth it!! Because the alterations now will cost close to it.
This company does not follow their return policy and if they allow a return it'll barely be nothing!

jennab17
4/3/16

I order one dress to see what it was like when the first one arrived it was just like the picture I was happy to order the other three bridesmaid dresses. These arrive and I was very disappointed how all dresses where different the flowers were massive on one tiny on another a pin on the bottom of one that left holes and the flowers weren't attached to the dress completely basically they were cheaply made and very messy. I contacted Dylan queens to ask for compensation I had no time to send them back because it would take ages. I got told I could have 5% per dress. So including delivery I sent 300+ on four dresses that we're going to cost me £50 per dress to have altered they sent me £8.50 and think that will cover the costs to alter there mess I will never use them again and I strongly advise no one else does either. Dresses poorly made customer service disgusting please do not use you too will be disappointed

gemmac15
3/31/16

The dresses look lovely on the website, a little pricey but I thought if they look like that it's worth it. The dress took a month to arrive and it was nothing like the photo. I tried it on and the quality is so cheap I looked like a hooker. Not only that the dress was padded all over so made me look puffy! I complained continuously to Dylan Queen and I got the same automated reply. They refused to give me a refund every time and told me to take it to a Taylor to get it altered. I couldn't send it back as the postage is over £25 as they are made in Singapore. So I now have a horrible, disgusting quality dress which cost me £100 and I'll never wear it. Extremely disappointed and feel very cheated! PLEASE NEVERY BUY THERE TACKY DRESSES.

mb146
3/21/16

I ordered the item a month ago and when the dress finally arrived after having to pay for additional postage plus the £160 cost of the dress, i was very dissapointed and underwhelmed. Shoddy workmanship' is an understatement. Poor tailoring resulted in a wonky/unraveling hem and the making of it meant there was a cardboard Basque inside of the top of the strapless dress. When emailing them various responses were: take it a tailor, a 5% refund and that they could do nothing. I find this service absolutely outrageous and i am DISGUSTED. AVOID BY ALL MEANS... BEWARE!! Dylan Queen are also operating under fifferent names selling the same dresses.
Not even worth 1 rating!!

Stay away from these scammers the dresses are atrocious

By tracey l.

Please save your money and shop elsewhere. These people are a complete rip off. My mother in law bought a dress for a wedding and the size was completely wrong ( even though she bought it based on the measurements and went up a size to be on the safe side ) and they refused to return it. It was obvious that it was made poorly but they refused to return or exchange it. The dress was also very cheap looking, nothing like the website. They're a complete fraud. I reported them and my mother in law filed a complaint with her credit card company to get her money back. Definitely do yourself a favor and stay away from these people.

By Jasmine r.

Whitney, please take your money and run very fast in the opposite direction. This company is not ethical. They took my money, did not provide a dress than refused to provide a refund. Here's what's really insulting, they offered a discount if I brought another dress. Really, after not refunding my money from the first order. Let all of you under the eye of this posting ask the government to investigate them and shut them down. They are stealing from the public people.

By Virginia C.

Do not order from dylan Queen - the dresses are rubbishly sewn (if u can call it that) and the service is disastrous - you will have nothing nice to wear and you will get no refund because they are a theiving website from China

By Yazi y.

Yes your right. We have to get this business closed . it is not genuine and robbing people of their hard earned money!!

By rashda a.

Do not bother it's a waste of money they are nothing like the pictures plus I ordered a size 12 (UK) for my daughter and ended up with a UK size 6

By Vikki B.

I'm afraid you won't. I'm still waiting over a year now for my refund. All you can do is to keep warning people about this company. We can't all be wrong

By Roche F.

Size is not important to this company .... I ordered a custom sized dress and provided my exact measurements. The finished product required me to be nearly 7 ft tall and about 3 stone heavier to get a good fit. The colour was supposed to be black but they sent orange .... According to their customer services orange and black are the same.... I wouldn't hold your breath for a white dress ....

By Michelle g.

Next time read reviews its not likely that you will find a great website with so many bad reviews all we can do as former shoppers is post and spread the word about this company if you get any money back it wont be as much as you paid for the dress plus you're paying for shipping

By lex l.

Sorry to hear you had problems like many of us who purchased items from DylanQueen.. Unfortunately this company are $#*! and probably not repair the dress, so my advise is go to your local dry cleaners they maybe able to put a new zip in for you. Also I have had a email from a lady called Nicola Murphy she works for BBC Rip of Britian and would like to hear from any who had problems with DylanQueen. Please send her a email Nicola.murphy@bbc.co.uk

By teresa b.
Questions? Get answers from the DylanQueen.co.uk staff and other customers.

DylanQueen.co.uk?