Review of BiteSquad

Tel: +1-763-400-4904
support@bitesquad.com

roys160
2/6/19

I wish I could leave 0 stars for this crap company I would. I placed an order and got a receipt by email. It said about an hour. I check the tracker in an hour to see where the food is and it shows my order as canceled. Apparently I was supposed to get another email saying I needed to send proof of ID and credit card. How stupid is that? The driver could've gotten that when they came. What bothers me the most is they expect people to keep checking their emails for their ridiculous requests? I can't call them so I have to live chat and they say I should've gotten an email. I say I didn't. They finally send it but now it's been over an hour and a half. As if I'm going to do this order with them now. So 3 people just continue to starve because of incompetence of a company. I hope they fail and Uber Eats or whoever else takes this terrible company out.

aaronm219
1/29/19

Terrible experience and constant issues. In the 5 different times I have ordered they have forgotten food, up charged on menu prices without customers nor the restaurant knowing (restaurants with no logo they add to the price due to them not being a pro member fyi). They take zero responsibility for late delivers avg time for delivery 1.5 to 2 hrs no matter the time or restaurant. This company is one that simply won't make it. I know several restaurant owners and GMs that already pulled out due to shady business practices and constant mistakes.

jenb126
1/24/19

I contacted them to let them no my order was wrong. I added steak to an item which I paid for and I never got, and they asked me to dig it out of the trash and take a picture in order for them to resolve. No thank you. I'm not digging in my trash to fix a mistake that you made. Will be sticking with Uber eats from now on. If they make a mistake they immediately refund you for the item without making you dig in the trash.

robertc1207
1/24/19

My local BiteSquad replaced a former delivery service in my area that I had zero complaints over and I wasn't too happy concerning the change. But since I can't get out often and still enjoy fast food, I ended up placing three orders with the service over the past few months. All three orders have been disappointing to say the least. On top of the booking fee, service fee, delivery fee, "other fees", and whatever else they seem to charge, they also raise the price of menu items by a flat 25%. Want a $2.00 egg roll from a Chinese restaurant? You'll be paying $2.50, and that price increase isn't documented anywhere else. Their customer service claims it is some kind of partner fee because they're not affiliated with the restaurant, but it's plain deceptive. All three orders also had items missing from the order (like an entire portion package, sides, etc. There's no verification). I can understand not opening someone's food to verify, but when it's brought up after the fact, the driver blows you off or you get a half-assed credit towards your next order. I won't be using the service again, and if you want to avoid an overpriced headache, I advise you do the same.

Price Comparison: https://www.bitesquad.com/food/hunan-chinese-restaurant/21988

ericm192
1/18/19

What an incredible rip off! Order 2 pizzas & wings & it was $88!!! They automatically add a tip (total bad, should be customers choice) PLUS a delivery fee PLUS "Other fees" which they don't explain nor label. Should be categorized as illegal business practices!!!

maryo180
12/13/18

Last night we received our order from Famous Daves and we were unexpectedly surprised and disappointed. The $24 ribs were missing a large strips of meat off the top. The mashed potatoes that I ordered came as sweet mashed potatoes. The corn bread muffins that we're supposed to come with the meal we're missing and the brownie that we ordered was missing. This was a $70 meal that we ordered to celebrate my new job offer. When I spoke to support on chat I was only offered a $15 credit. I absolutely can not believe the service we have received from Bitesquad. I spoke to Tony , the restraunt manager at Famous Dave's, who was adamant about wanting refund me for all the mishaps with this order. He said that unfortunately because it is through bite squad that bite squad needed to initiate the process. Tony also said that he planned to contact Bitesquad in the morning. Earlier this morning I received the message from the contact center whom I made the issue known with and they offered a $30 credit for Bitesquad. Yeah right. I will not be doing buisness whatsoever with such a slimey company. This needs to be resolved ASAP. I AM EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.

kelseyg16
12/10/18

ALWAYS late. And not by 5-10 minutes--usually at least 30 minutes. Additionally, the orders are FREQUENTLY INCORRECT. I understand that mistakes happen, but it happens enough that you should never get your hopes up that you will actually get what you ordered. You can trust them to be late, though.

Finally, lets talk about their TERRIBLE customer service (if I could write this review in all caps, I would, but I fear it would lose its impact). Bitesquad needs to do total refunds if they mess an order up badly enough. Once, my order came over hour late, and the driver had accidentally grabbed someone else's order. When I called in, they offered me $5---I had to fight tooth & nail to get only the item refunded (which still left me paying $11 for something I didn't order). Once, when I called in to complain, they accused me of calling in too much to complain!! Like it was MY fault that they were screwing up all my orders!!! In my industry, if I sent my client something they didn't want, and it was late, I would be lucky to get paid at all.

barbk42
12/9/18

Absolutely horrid. The food always takes at least 1.5-2 hours to be delivered, arrives cold, and is wrong half the time. It's not the drivers' faults either. The company has them pick up multiple orders at once and accepts orders from customers even when there isn't an available driver so it appears as if they've taken 30-40 minutes to even submit your order to the restaurant. Customer service will hang up on you and stall you, claiming they were disconnected until it's apparently "too late" to cancel your order and you're stuck with cold food. I don't think they'll last very long unless they get their customer service reps in line.

kerryh90
12/1/18

NEVER on time !!! in fact more than 20 plus minutes late on every order I've place with them. Don't believe the time frame ... finally frustrated enough to call the customer service that was worse. They put me on hold for 18 min. Finally offered a discount on the of $5 dollars on my next order. During that call I got a text update that my order is delayed-an additional 27 min. I said I want a credit on the delivery charge. They refused . Now my order is going on 1 hour and 40 min. So I said cancel the order I could drive there multiple times in that space Of time .... they said I can't cancel because the order had been made.... I'm charge back my credit card .... this is the worst delivery service in the state of Washington. I'll never use them again ......

betha93
11/16/18

I placed my first order with Bite Squad today and we had quite a few issues. Firstly, we wanted our food by 12. I understand sometimes it takes longer, but we didn't get our food until 12:35. When it finally arrived, we were missing 4 orders of fries. I also don't like that you can't get any of the deals. We ordered from Applebee's and we weren't given the option to do the 2 for $20 deals that they have on their menu. Overall, it was just a very poor experience. I decided to contact Bite Squad and see if they were willing to fix the issue... instead they made excuses for being late saying they get a 30 minute window to be late and then proceeded to give me a $5 credit to my Bite Squad account not even refund me for the missing orders of fries. Horrible company, horrible customer service, horrible all around.

hollyl63
11/10/18

I had to pay 75 dollars just to get lettuce, tomato, onions and pickle, which were supposed to come with the burger as specifically stated on the menu. Anjyi of bite squad was excessively rude to me and after spending all that money, and from the time I ordered and the time the last driver showed up with what was actually ordered it was THREE HOURS. Bite squad lied to me. Bite squad lied to the delivery driver. Bite squad lied to the restaurant. Bite squad did not bother to READ THE MENU to find out that shockingly enough, the lettuce tomato onion and pickle COME WITH THE BURGER. Anjyi insisted on a photo of the meat. I sent a photo of the meat, which looked like.....meat. This took up a lot of time. How utterly ROTTEN my experience was. How NASTY my experience was. I even had to call the restaurant and go though a quarter of an hour of an employee screaming at me the customer so that I could verify that yes, LIKE THE MENU SAID, it comes with LETTUCE, TOMATO, ONION, AND PICKLE. What does it come with? IT COMES WITH LETTUCE TOMATO ONION AND PICKLE. Not 75 dollars worth which is what I had to pay and was forced to pay three booking fees and tips over and over until finally I was able to have something other than just a nasty cold slab of ground meat, which looks like....meat.

kylel111
11/5/18

Bite Squad continues to disappoint. Always later than expected. This last time I received the wrong order. Called the restaurant who admitted it was wrong but couldn't do anything since it was ordered thru Bite Squad. I got on the app and went thru live chat. I was told that I could be refunded for the wrong food only. That left me with $11 worth booking fees and tips fries and beans. There is no point in having the fries and beans if you don't have the meat to go with them. I called the customer service number where they told me they would refund the wrong item and the drivers tip but not the booking fee. Why would i want to pay a booking fee when you brought me the wrong order? At this point I'm starting to get a little frustrated so I tell them i want a complete refund on the entire order. I was called a "$#*!er" and hung up on. I called back to talk to a manager and the manager said i'm sorry you were talked to like that. We will give you a $5 credit on your Bite Squad account. $5 holy crap! That makes it all better! Maybe I can get some more fries! Last time I ordered thru them the delivery tracker said the customer was sitting at the restaurant waiting to pick up the order. 45 minutes later I call the restaurant and they tell me they haven't seen a bite squad driver all night. This place is a scam. I don't suggest using it.

borisb44
11/4/18

I used Bite Squad a couple of times and it has been great every time. The foods are delivered fresh and don't take too long so I am very happy that such a convenient way to get food delivered exists.

jans273
10/19/18

Ordered early in the evening (6:00 ish) for a restaurant online, clicked submit order, nearly $20 added for fees, taxes, extra taxes, service fees. Attempted immediately to cancel the order and was told after a 5-10 minute wait that the restaurant wouldn't allow it because they had already started cooking the order. Was offered an $8 refund, but the chat timed out. Got a message that the order was delayed but Bite Squad was at the restaurant waiting for the order and it be arriving at 7:05. At 7:10 got a call from Bite Squad saying the restaurant was asked to cancel the order so the food hadn't been cooked yet. Now 7:43 and we are cooking dinner.

edwardp125
10/16/18

After being a customer of both Naples express meals and Bight squad I ordered there 3 our 4 times a week for the last 7 years I began to have a problem with the drivers going to the wrong house especially at night when it was dark They just could not get it right I Live in a town home Properly lit Address directly in front a house on sign they could not get it right bothering my neighbors parking in their driveway So I complained Only the find out both their customer service and management team are disrespectful And not ready to admit Their business faults Not only is it unsafe for the driver snooping around people's homes that are not expecting him I Complained they never gave me back my tip the police wound up coming to my The neighborhood At basically blamed me They begun to not take my calls I try to order only to find out after Being such a good customer they cancel my count I did absolutely nothing wrong I've always been respectful and kind call of their drivers I've always tip them properly more than I should have I don't like companies like this That can't admit when they made a mistake and just fix it Worst company ever

anao33
9/14/18

This company will lead you to believe you have ordered... And then 40+ minutes later when you are tracking your order you figure out it's not coming and has not been placed.. this has happened 4 times in a year. They keep contacting me tell me it will get better.... Really.... I'm loosing Faith. I do love this app and the people, but it very hard to trust every time we order something happens!! Just be cautious...

maryt389
9/12/18

I do not usually write reviews but I must. This is the 3rd time that bitesquad has forgotten items on my order. Each time foolishly I have given the driver a generous tip without checking the order. I do this because I want to make sure the get a good tip. I will no longer be tipping since the driver is not checking the order and taking proper care of their customer. Each time I have complained they say they will give me a $5 credit (which is laughable) and it won't happen again. I have never received a credit. Further more the chat person is always the same name and could care less about customer service. I am currently disabled so recieving a nice meal is a treat for me and I spend hundreds of dollars each month for this type of service. They could care less about loyalty, or good faith. I am so dissapointed because I do not have many options. And even worse is their cavalier attitude. EXTREMLY DISSAPOINTED!!!!

melissac341
9/1/18

This company is absolutely horrible. They don't bother relaying to the restaurants what you actually requested to order. They always seem to get lost so the food is always cold and it's not cheap I am still waiting on an order totaling over 100.00 for 4 people, that was supposed to take 44min, it's been about 2 hours. The food when you get often looks like they take your food and shake it. We need more delivery options in hawaii

now30
8/27/18

They are always understating their delivery times and then send a text that it will be another 50 minutes. In the last 4 weeks I have had 5 delayed text messages, saying the order will be 40 to 60 minutes longer than expected. This makes it very hard to plan meals and extremely frustrating when I can order the same thing from another service and get it here in half the time. Deleted the app and will not be ordering from them again. All I wanted for them to do to make it right was refund and cancel the small order and they would not, they lost a regular customer over like $13 dollars. If it were uber eats, amazon, caviar, or door dash I would have been refunded. They dont care about customer service.

dianeh241
8/4/18

Not bite squads fault, but their 5 dollars credit on 50 dollars worth of food I didnt eat is a joke...5 dollars for a future order. I had to throw it away. I sent them pictures and everything.

Beside that the orders are always wrong.

zache7
7/12/18

FYI*Read the menu at least 3-8 or more times before you order, especially from Mama Tang Chinese Restaurant.

damieng12
7/9/18

ordered from here hoping to get sushi one night. It took them three hours until they had cancelled my order. talking to a representative through their website chat, i was informed that the sushi place had closed. I immediately called the restaurant and placed an order. Trying to explain to BiteSquad that i just placed an order they continued their lie and told me the restaurant was closed (2hrs before it closes)... i just got off the phone with them, they are still hope. Bitesquad is a company of lazy, complacent, liars. Highly recommend against

bobm417
6/21/18

on June 12 we ordered delivery from Bite Squad for dinner from Sushi Dama in Rockville MD. The order was completely a mess. They forgot the rice and soup for our three dinners. When we questioned them they blamed the restaurant and said they got it wrong but when we contacted the restaurant they indicated they delivered as ordered. it was obvious they did not check the order just delivered what they thought was right. The bill was for over a $100 with no breakdown and they offered us a $10 credit on our next order. After continuous communications with Bite Squad, they agreed to a $15 credit to my credit account. That credit was never posted. I would never use them again and encourage others to think twice before using them...

michaeld801
6/10/18

I purchased an order with a prepaid Visa gift card and they sent me an email telling me they are declining the transaction if I don't send them a picture of a state issued ID to prove my identity. What kind of bizarre request is this for a food order? In the past, they have also stolen credits from my account and their response to doing so was "T&C state we can do whatever we want, that's the end of the discussion". This company is not BBB accredited and has an infinite list of sketchy operations, including lying about where the driver tips go. AVOID THIS SCUM COMPANY

dawns231
6/6/18

Terrible experience. I had placed an order at 6:45pm they showed order was placed at restaurant at 6:51pm with estimated delivery time of 7:40pm. We had ordered 4 racks of ribs, at 7:20 pm they called to say that there were only 2 racks available so we had to substitute the part of the order. Then at 7:40 I called the restaurant and they said now there was only 1 rack left because Bite Squad was taking too long getting back to them and they had been holding the food for over 15 min. I contacted Bite Squad and they were not helpful, and seem annoyed with us? By this time it was almost 8pm so we cancelled the order. Their communication was horrible. The restaurant said they have had this issue with them a lot because they are so slow to respond. I was trying to feed friends whos child has been in the hospital for several surgeries in ICU. I had to go drive up there, pick up food and I couldn't get food to them until 9pm because of this.

Questions? Get answers from the BiteSquad staff and other customers.

2 Photos for BiteSquad