Review of Zoara

New York, New York 10036, US
support@zoara.com

frankc440
11/22/18

Awesome ring has been delivered in time for my proposal. Great ! Just two weeks time, very fast. I love it!

keithm230
6/25/18

I went to Zoara after coming to the sobering realization that a 1ct Gia certified diamond engagement ring was way beyond my budget at the many jewelry stores I went to in Southern California. However I was absolutely determined to get a beautiful GIA certified 1ct diamond for the price I was looking for, and Zoara made that possible! I was very skeptical at first because the prices were so far below what many jewelry stores had told me the cost would be (we're talking 7 to 12k range for a 1ct engagement ring). To make a long story short, by buying the diamond from Zoara (a nearly flawless vs1 I color), and buying the setting from a wholesale outlet, I was able to build an absolutely stunning (truly, stunningly beautiful) engagement ring for under $4,000. Zoara's customer service was amazing and their packaging of the diamond was extremely well done and came with a GIA certificate and appraisal, as well as a ring box with an led light that made for an amazing presentation when it came time for my proposal (which went perfectly!). So I cannot speak for the negative experiences that some customers may have had (and was quite surprised to see some of the negative reviews), but my experience was stellar and I paid thousands of dollars less than had I gone the conventional route through a jeweler. For me personally, you get a 10 out of 10! Thank you!

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Hi Keith, I can't thank you enough for such a great review. I'm thrilled you found us and we were able to deliver something so very special that you both will treasure for a lifetime. We are proud to be your jewelers!
ll104
6/14/18

Where do I begin.

I placed my order on June 7th for my fiance's ring, everything went well but then received several calls from unknown numbers a couple of days later and an email stating that I had contacted them when I had not.
When I contacted the company it was just a notice that my ring would be shipped a week from the time that they called. It was nice to hear but weird that you should contact me a week in advance just to tell me that my ring would ship when an email would be suffice and from an unknown number on top of that. Fast forward to today, I receive a sketchy email stating that the billing department has not approved my credit card as a payment method BUT ZOARA ALREADY CHARGED MY CARD AND IT POSTED !!!!!!!!!!
Zoara then sends me an email stating that a wire transfer is what you prefer, how about no. I contacted customer service only to be told that yes this happens, etc, etc, etc. No this happens to you. We've ordered from James Allen previously with no problems.
Since this occurred today, I will wait a day to ensure that my refund has been posted or I will be filing a dispute with my credit card company and will be contacting the BBB to note the shadiness of this company.
The ring was great and I was looking forward to seeing the craftsmanship to determine if I would continue to order additional items but the shadiness of this company is appalling so once this return is finalized, I will never deal with Zoara again.

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Dear L.L. I am so terribly sorry for your experience. I also want to thank you for taking the time to speak to me when this happened. We can't go back and correct this for you unfortunately, however, should you ever need anything you have my direct contact information. Sincerely, Ed Taylor Global Customer Service Manager
rp121
6/7/18

Zoara made us wait 6 weeks for a custom made wedding ring just to tell us it was out of stock. To late tofind another. So Zoara, never again!

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Dear R P. - I can't begin to apologize enough for such a disappointing experience. The supplier for your ring style was not transparent with us regarding their inventory, however, you ordered from us not from them - this is on us and we are so sorry. We did try to offer a temporary ring in order to meet your wedding date and did execute a refund immediately upon your request. I understand how important these life moments are and we were looking forward to being part of your special day - not your disappointment. If I can help with any additional questions or concerns please let me know. Sincerely, Ed Taylor Global Customer Service Manager
brookeh31
1/20/18

I recently ordered an eternity ring through Zoara and I must say that I am beyond happy with my gorgeous ring!
The whole way through my ordering process the staff were extremely helpful, informative and very patient with all of the questions that I had.
I would highly recommend going through Zoara for their quality diamonds and exceptional customer service and I will definitely be ordering all of my future diamond jewellery though the Zoara team.
Thanks so much again to the staff that helped me through my ordering process, I am beyond happy with my ring.

Brooke,
Australia

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Hi Brooke! Sorry it took us so long to reply to your amazing 5 star review. I let the team know about your comments and how happy you are. We are always standing by should you ever have questions or want to look for that new addition to your jewelry collection :)
billym58
11/30/17

I have more time visited this shop, I have not bored.I recommended for new buyers who want buy expensive things. It is a great support and good product quality. I had a very pleasant experience with Zoara.

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Hey there Billy! Thanks for the awesome review - happy to see you are pleased with what you found. We are always here via phone, chat and email to help you with anything you may need!
privates3
8/9/17

Zoara website lists diamonds that are supposedly GIA certified. But when clicking the listing for more details, no image is shown and the GIA report is not available either. Clicking the live chat button brings up a box asking for email address and comments. No live chat agent available and no email response either. Thanks for the waste of time, I will shop for my 3 carat diamond at Blue Nile instead.

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Hello, so sorry you had a bad experience in the past. I can assure you all of our loose stones are GIA graded and you can see the report online along with stone imagery. Our live chat is up and running at all times for your convenience. I do hope you will come back and give us another try - I promise you wont be disappointed! Ed Taylor Global Customer Service Manager
paulo200
7/30/17

I was skeptical at first buying a ring online, but was rest assured by the team at Zoara and chatting with the diamond experts via telephone and live chat that all were legitimate diamonds with GIA number and certificate available to check. The customer service was excellent, any doubts or questions I had were dealt with immediately by phone or email. And as per the product, I was blown away, it looked even better in person, the presentation, the ring, the diamond couldn't have asked for better. Would highly recommend Zoara.

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Paul, sorry for the delay in thanking you for this great review. I'm so happy to hear your experience went well and the team was able to help with all your concerns. If you need the ring serviced or have other special occasions we can help with please let us know.
rowenal1
7/22/17

I paid a loose diamond. They said the diamond is milky. I said I don't mind and will waive my rights to return the diamond but they still refuse to send the diamond I paid for. They want me to choose another diamond and said will match the price of any diamonds on other website. So I send them the link to the website which has the diamond I wish for. They then replied and said they could not match the price. That website must have priced that diamond wrongly. I asked for refund of the money I paid since they keep giving all sorts of reasons. I checked my credit card bill. I lose $70 over a course of a week due to currency exchange. So I was denied of the diamond I want, then I have to pay $70 for nothing. Never buy again from this company. They are not the cheapest too!

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Dear Rowena, I am so sorry for your poor experience. I see the situation was addressed, however, if you ever want to discuss this or another purchase please reach out to me directly: Ed Taylor Global Customer Service Manager 800.431.0012
gl2712
5/5/17

These guys have a huge mess going on in their billing department. They want to run all sort of strange verifications (including pictures of your credit card) in order to send you your already paid goods.
They take all the time in the world to reply and of course that takes time away from shipping. This end up ruining the anniversary gift I had for my wife ...
Anyways, go to a jewlery store, much safer and quicker

Response from Eva S., Zoara Representative
Dear GL,

I am so sorry to hear how disappointed you are as really do our utmost to see that all of our customers have the best possible experience with us. Of course it is also highly necessary for us to verify each and every order and am sorry to hear that as a result we were unable to make your shipping request date.

Best,

Eva S
trevorw28
3/18/17

I had a very pleasant experience with Zoara. My one and only purchase was for a loose emerald cut diamond for $6,700 to build an engagement ring with a local jeweler. I had never made an online purchase this big. Usually my online activity is limited to $100.00 and under on Amazon Prime or Ebay.

Like most people, I started out pricing diamonds at retail stores like Zales, Reeds, etc. First of all, none of these retailers carried IF diamond. They would offer to find me one and bring it in but I was looking at about $10k for one carat at this clarity.

Naturally, I thought to myself, what if I just look online for pricing? I actually found Zoara.com by going through Rarecarat.com, which is like Priceline.com for diamonds. Much to my liking, the prices were staggeringly less expensive online. I started finding diamonds for 30-34% less than retail. I realized that effectively, I had found a way to cut out the middle man and get wholesale pricing. Fabulous.

I live in SC, USA so buying a diamond from a company located in the Dakotas/NYC was extremely unnerving, not to mention they source diamonds from all over the world. I had my concerns; Im not going to lie.

Zoara has an online chat feature that is really great. They dont use bots and the folks there really know their stuff. I dealt with Raquel and Ben and they were super-nice.

I shared with them my concerns about putting up that kind of money to an online dealer. I went on to explain to them that I needed several methods of assurance before I would agree to wire the money for the diamond. At this point they gave me their return policy and our conversation moved from online chat to email and telephone. Ill note that I talked to Raquel on the telephone numerous times and that she was very responsive and would call me back in reasonable time.

I asked both Raquel and Ben to email a transcription of our online chats along with a written assurance that the particular diamond I wanted (including its specs, GIA cert, what state the diamond was in, and price) would be available and that there was no chance that it would become unavailable during my payment process. Not knowing them or their company, I was afraid of the ol bait and switch method. That was not the case here. They provided me with all the assurances I asked from them and I proceeded to wire the money.

At the time, the diamond had been moved to California for a tradeshow. That scared me a bit, but within 24 hrs they had the diamond overnighted to NYC to their approval group and they had the diamond on its way to me within another day. It arrived on my doorstep three business days after I purchased it, from California.

It came in the most amazing white case with an LED light up ring box, the original embossed GIA cert (with a purchase receipt), an appraisal, and a ring bag with cleaner. It was really, really nice stuff. I was blown away.

I immediately took the diamond to my jeweler and had it checked out. It was what it said it was and this particular diamond actually had the GIA number laser inscribed on it.

Moral of the story is Zoara is an honest company with honest employees. They are both knowledgeable and responsive. Raquel and Ben were the best. Raquel even called me yesterday to make sure that I got the package and that I was happy.

I recommend you cover your bases when dealing with any large online purchase. Get everything in writing via email. EVERYTHING. Make sure you ask the right questions and dont be scared to point out the what-ifs. With Zoara, I would consider the fact that they source diamonds from dealers all over the world and that they have to put a hold on it for you to buy it. Make sure you get in writing that if it sells before you can finalize payment that you will immediately be refunded, no questions asked.

I hope your online diamond buying experience goes as well as mine. I bought a 1.2 carat loose emerald cut and I saved nearly $3,500 (34%) of retail pricing in my market. I would recommend this company to my family and best friend.

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Hi Trevor, this has to be one of the best reviews I have seen! Thank you for taking the time to help others by outlining your experience so well. We are honored to be your jeweler and would love to help you in the future with anything you may need! All the best.
ant4067
1/7/17

I've been searching online for a diamond ring for my dad for quite a while and found that Zoara's prices were very competitive and significantly lower than retail stores.

Delivery wise was not a problem as it was really fast given that it was international shipping.

The diamonds that are on offer are very high quality without the price tag but adequate research would still be required in order to know which diamond suits your budget and taste.

The only constructive criticism I would make is the adding the additional information regarding extra customs tax that was applicable to the purchase at the checkout.

I understand in the information tab there are general details about the additional cost but given that I purchase via a dedicated Australian website, I would have thought I am buying through an Australian seller which would mean I only need to pay for what was at the check out page. Because I was buying on a budget, I purchased a diamond and setting close to that but because of the customs tax, I was out by a few hundred dollars.

I have purchased another diamond from a US site before and they did include such advice at the check out stage.

However, this is just a view from an inexperienced diamond buyer so I can only base my review on my personal experience.

Overall it was still a very good diamond for a very good price and would recommend Zoara to other family and friends.

Response from Eva S., Zoara Representative
Hi An,
So glad to hear you are happy with the diamond ring you bought for your dad and hope he loves it too! I'm sorry for the misunderstanding with regard to Zoara being an Australian website. Thank you for your feedback – it will be very helpful for our sales team. Eva
tomt107
12/12/16

I've been searching online for an engagement ring for over a month. I found Zoara from a diamond price comparison website (Rare Carat). They seemed to have had the best prices on loose diamonds (by far) and good reviews online. The only concern that I had was regarding a few reviews that had to do with items that took a few days longer than expected to deliver. I called the company and they were very helpful in understanding my delivery requirements. The customer service representative insisted on personally speaking with their fulfilment center in order to make sure that they could meet my deadline, and got back to me the next day with a confirmation.
I got my ring 9 days from making the purchase and couldnt be happier! The ring looks GREAT, the workmanship is perfect, and above all I got the best deal ever. Zoara's process are 20% below all other online stores and about 50% below anything I saw in the shopping malls. I highly recommend buying from Zoara and specifically recommend asking to speak with Ben who was very effective, nice and professional!

Tip for consumers: Ask for Ban!

Response from Eva S., Zoara Representative
Hi Tom, Thank you for your wonderful review – we always appreciate receiving feedback from our customers. I am glad you took the initiative to discuss your delivery requirements with our customer service team, as although on the very rare occasion there is a slight delay with an order, we do our utmost to ensure all our customers are extremely happy and receive their jewelry on time. So glad you love your stunning ring – you made an excellent choice. I will pass on your lovely comments to Ben who will happy to hear he was able to assist you so well. Eva
rebeccaf35
12/2/16

I ordered a pendant for my husband a month ago and they never sent it. I called them and they said they would call back and they didn't. So I called again and they said the pendant is no longer available. So i've been out $100 for a month for nothing but a headache. Will never shop here again.

Response from Eva S., Zoara Representative
Hi Rebecca, I am so sorry to hear how unhappy you are with your Zoara shopping experience as we always aim to provide the best and seamless experience possible. Unfortunately the necklace you ordered is no longer in stock. We sell thousands of different pieces and sometimes this unfortunately happens. I have looked into the matter and believe Samantha from our customer service team has been in touch and offered you 15% of your next order in way of compensation. Eva
robertp225
11/4/16

Buying a diamond can be challenging (quality trade offs, price, shopping process, etc.). I engaged both in store and online options. I found online to offer a wider selection of GIA certified diamonds at a much better value. Of the online options, I choose Zoara, as their Customer Service Representatives (CSR) were extremely knowledgeable and professional. Ben helped me through the selection process and directed me to some wonderful choices that fit within my budget. He did an excellent job consulting to understand what we desired in a stone and how it might match or setting. Ben shared pictures of the diamond to help us narrow our selection. After the purchase, other CSRs kept us appraised of the order fulfillment status and patiently helped us through the process. The diamond arrived, along with the appraisal and GIA Report, within the committed shipment window and we were very pleased with the quality of the stone. Please be advised that the order process will likely include; payment confirmation (through verification of small charges to your credit card), request for additional identifying information (name and address verification via a utility bill, etc.), and some ambiguity regarding the exact location and ship date of the order. Remember that diamonds are an "International Business" which can involve time zones differences, clearing customs, etc. meaning that the CSR may not be able to give you exact details once your order is placed. Bottom line, Zoara delivered to their promise and we are pleased with our purchase.

Response from Eva S., Zoara Representative
Hi Robert, thanks for your wonderful review - our customer service team are always happy to receive positive feedback. We are so glad you had an excellent experience with Zoara.
yingqix
10/31/16

First of all, it was so much easier to search on the Zoara website, especially when you can see the actual photos or videos of the diamond. I found the perfect oval diamond (0.8 ct, D, VVS1, 3X cut,) which cost like around 8-9,000AUD in AU, but on Zoara the price was under 5000AUD! I ordered and had it sent to my friend's place in Texas (Originally she planned to come to Australia at the end of October). when she sent me photos of the ring I was not satisfied with the setting (which I thought I would), I contacted Ben (customer service) straight away ask if it can be changed to the settings I like (it was a picture I found on google), within 1 day I got the reply from the head office says they can change it with no extra cost. So ladies and gentlemen if you have your own idea of the ring settings or other jewelry, remember to ask the Zoara jeweler team, just send a photo to them and they will make it just the way you like! Another drama was My dear friend sent it to the return centre instead of the head office, So I contact Ben again, he noted it and told me not to worry. I received emails about every move of the ring from return centre to head office, the progress of making the new ring, and I also received a photo with the new finished ring to ensure I am happy with it. At the end my friend can not make the trip so I asked them to sent it directly to Newcastle, it only took 3 days to reach me from America. I was so impressed how highly organized and effective they are. When I opened the package, a little spot light shining onto the diamond, the ring was so beautiful and it sparks from every angle. the ring had so many compliment from everyone who saw it, even strangers from shops, no one believes we got it from online. This was the best shopping experience I have had! I would like to thank everyone who involved with my purchase, especially Ben.H from customer service. Thank you for making me feel like I am the most important customer and make me the perfect ring. I will definitely recommend Zoara to everyone I know, also whoever sees this review.

paulm348
10/19/16

Wonderful customer service. Made the process of becoming engaged very easy and hassle free.

michaeln93
10/13/16

I would like to thank you for making this such an easy experience, The white gold ring with .8 carat diamond looks amazing. I couldn't find anything in Australia that was even close to the price and quality.

Once again thank you.
Michael. N

alicel51
10/13/16

I live in France, I was impressed about the professional and the rapidity of the order traitement.
I received the diamond that I ordered and I am very happy about it,

isabellad3
9/29/16

I purchased my Diamond through Katy at Diamond Pros with expertise advice,she guided me through which diamond to purchase and was best suited for me,my experience dealing with Zoara was second to none ,both Ben and Joy from customer services were extremely polite and helpful throughout,one has some doubts when making such a purchase online but the team make you feel at ease and also do a security check when you pay online,my diamond arrived on time and in a beautiful box with a light that shines on the diamond,it was exactly what I saw and I am very happy,I have no doubt in recommending Zoara to others and will most certainly purchase from them again,a company that lives up to what they state and show on their site

rajc2
9/14/16

I ordered my ring from Zoara and my initial experience was good. Ordering the ring was easy and customer service seemed good. However a week later when I enquired about the order status I was told the ring was near completion and would be shipped soon. As of today it has been almost two more weeks since then and there is no further word on my order. As of last week Zoara has stopped responding to emails and phone calls. Apparently my ring is stuck in customs in Hong Kong somewhere and there are no updates from Zoara on the status. Extremely frustrating and disappointing shopping experience with Zoara. I will definitely not be back.

UPDATE: Yesterday I finally received the ring after multiple follow ups and after finally escalating this to a manager at Zoara. The actual ring is gorgeous and I am glad to say that it is even better than I imagined. The box it came in with the light inside is a nice touch. But the ring most importantly is stunning. While the service I received for the past 3 weeks was terrible and a real hassle the fact that the actual product is so amazing and great value for money makes me change my ratings. I still wish their customer service was better but the quality of their product has totally changed my mind about Zoara. I did not expect the ring to be this beautiful.

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Raj, thank you for your honest feedback. We regret the delay in shipping your ring. We are able to offer our top quality rings at such competitive prices because we do not hold inventory. Unfortunately on rare occasions our vendors have a delay in supplying us with the products. We apologize for the inconvenience that this caused you and we acknowledge that we should have kept you better informed.

We are happy to hear that the ring is even better than you imagined. We can't wait to hear how much your fiance loves the stunning engagement ring that you chose for her. It was Samantha's pleasure to take care of your order and she and the rest of the Zoara team is at your disposal should you need any further assistance.
beno204
8/30/16

Very happy with the price, quality, stone and service provided by Zoara. I would recommend them as a reputable diamond dealer.

domv2
8/30/16

Couldn't have been happier with the service, the product and the price.
Very happy that I chose this website.

melodiel1
8/26/16

My fiance and I ordered an engagement ring together through Zoara.
We were a bit scared, as ordering such pricy items online can feel like a leap of faith.
It turns out that we are SO glad we did, as everything went absolutely perfectly.
The ring is the one of my dreams, it is beautiful and the diamonds are very high quality, although we picked "average" specs.
The ring arrived too big but Zoara went out of their way to have it perfectly resized and delivered back to my house.
I warmly recommend doing business with them, they're amazing on all levels!

julieb155
8/14/16

I purchased a ring through the Zoara site and was disappointed initially as there was a delay in the ring being shipped. I wasn't made aware of the delay and had to contact them to find out what the issue was. Once that was sorted, the ring was despatched a few days later. I was nervous purchasing the ring from Australia as it is a long way to send it back if things go wrong, however looking at this site - everyone seemed happy. Imagine my surprise when I received a phone call from the Courier company in USA advising that I had to pay a further $290 in customs fees (on a $1200 ring). I contacted Zoara who have advised they use a catch all phrase that the 'customer is responsible for any duties, taxes & GST' - however there is no indication on purchase that we are going to be responsible for these extra charges when purchasing from Australia. Buyers outside of USA - be conscious of extra charges.

Two days later I am now updating this review. Zoara are bending over backwards to assist and ensure my experience is a positive one. Still to receive the ring, but there customer service is tremendous.

Response from Zoara M., Zoara Representative
Julie, Thanks for the feedback on your experience. We are sorry to hear that your local customs fees were higher than you were expecting. Customs fees are the responsibility for customers to pay but we acknowledge that we could be clearer about this on our website.

Samantha and the rest of the Zoara team is here for you until you are completely satisfied with your purchase. We can't wait to hear what you and your fiance think about the beautiful ring you picked out for him!

You must have had a bad experience but thats not normal. The reality is tif your going to order stones online you need to get educated on what the general guidelines are for diamonds. You should do this anyway but its easy and they will help. They offer 45 day no questions 100% money back return so no risk at all. You can really save a lot and get a much nicer ring cutting out the middle men at other jewelry stores. the stone I ordered had to come from India and took about 10 days but soooooooo worth it. Its amazing and would've costs almost 50% more if I tried to get the same ring though a local big named jeweler no doubt.

By David W.

Hello Adam, thank you for your interest in Zoara. Ordering online through Zoara is extremely safe and reliable. Because we only offer GIA graded diamond center stones for our Design Your Own rings our products are often more reliable than many local jewelers. Not all local jewelers use certified stones. Something new and exciting we introduced is a 60 day return period for most of our Design Your Own rings! If you have any additional questions please contact our team at 800.431.0012 Thank you, Ed Taylor Customer Service Manager

By Zoara M., Zoara Representative

Hello Meredith, thank you for your question. Zoara does indeed offer a diamond upgrade program on stones that have been purchased from us. Customers are able to upgrade from their original stone for a new stone provided that the new diamond is at least double the original diamonds purchase price. In such a case, full value of the original stone would be credited towards the new purchase. If there is anything else we can assist you with, please feel free to contact us at your convenience. Eva S.

By Zoara M., Zoara Representative

HI Lloyd, thanks for getting in touch. We are a US based company and therefore there will be no taxes, duties or additional costs. Is there a specific diamond / jewelry you are interested in? If there is anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to ask. Eva S

By Eva S.

Questions? Get answers from the Zoara staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Zoara