Review of Zulily

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

julies173
4/29/17

Yes the shipping is getting out of hand, and I shopped several times per week from Zulily. Then, items began arriving damaged or totally broken. After much complaining and relentless emails, they cleared up one order. However, I'm waiting om 3 other items that arrived broken, and one I never received! I can wait for my items, but when they jack up the shipping AND your items arrive broken, I'm just DONE!!

pamh58
4/29/17

Placed an order April 14th to be delivered April 26th, still waiting..............and now one of my items no longer even has an estimated delivery date.......i called zulily and they said they can't even give me a ETA... This was my first order, also! Kind of leaves a bad first impression.

torekap
4/28/17

Okay, I've been ordering from this site for over a year. I've mostly been satisfied with all of my purchases. Different places provide the items they sell so sizing for clothing and shoes can vary. It's important to check the sizing chart each time. Also I've learned which brands are better than others. I absolutely love my dresses, jeans, and purses I've gotten from there.

kristib27
4/27/17

I don't mind waiting for my items even though sometimes it takes forever but I hate the shipping charges. I only buy if I get free shipping. I would buy weekly if it was free shipping

mischas1
4/26/17

First and only time I have ever ordered from Zulily. Items were never shipped to me and Zulily said they could not reach the vendor to find out when the items would be sent to Zulily. I was given the option to wait 30 days to see if the vendor responds to Zulily or cancel the order. Not impressed at all. Cancelled the order and will never order again.

tinas121
4/25/17

I order three scrubs set the first set my top wasn't complete my sleeve wasn't sew. The second I wore it to work and went to the restroom My pants fell apart the third one the top was stitch on one sleeve and the other wasn't. Poor quantity and you get what you pay for I will never order anything else.

deborahu3
4/25/17

1. I ordered several pairs of shoes that sort of fit. But they are a wear one night and hope they don't fall apart until you get home shoe. They'll have to do something about one pair though as the base of shoe is curved so improperly that when you put it on only about 1/4 of your foot is on shoe, the rest of your foot hangs over the edge. This is actually DANGEROUS as it destroys your balance.

2. The next transgression is the mini blacklight sold with other children's things. The ad says " For children 8 and above". And it is made by a company called TOYSMITH. The box itself is one big warning label. "THIS IS NOT A TOY". "WARNING; This product is not a toy; Do not use in or near water; Risk of electrical shock exists "and once again, "Keep out of reach of children". Does that say it all? Nope. It doesn't work!

3. I ordered two tops that were adorable in the pictures. The ad said slight variations in pattern may exist. You've probably seen it. It was an ad that followed me everywhere on the internet and I fell in love with it. Red tunic with a white, navy and light blue pattern on bottom of shirt and sleeves. Polyester and spandex and it looks light as a feather over jeans. NOT. First of all the blues are greens. Second, the fabric is SO heavy you could use it to recover your couch. Now, the one I just described is Haute Couture compared to the other one. Described as "Navy and Mint Geometric" the print again is arranged toward the bottom. CLOWN SUIT! First it is black and turquoise with orangey-gold curly cue embellishments around the shapes. Next the geometric shapes are BIG, BIGGER AND GINORMOUS. Lastly, (thank God, right?) the fabric is so heavy you could where it outside in an Alaskan winter with no coat and be sweating.

To all of you who read this, "Consumer Beware". If it sounds too good to be true, RUN. It's most obvious that they make a prototype with the right materials, made perfectly then photographed on thin, adorable young ladies.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is known as Bait and Switch and is FRAUD. I guess I'll forward this with a note and pictures to the FBI and FTC as mentioned below.

Have a wonderful day and I hope this gives you something to think about as well as a chuckle or two. Who knows? Maybe we'll get our money back!

Disclaimer: That one star at the top is one star too many. But they won't put your review up without one.

deborahr61
4/25/17

The only items I have ordered from Zulily were Dept 56 snow babies. The shipping takes too long and one time I was surprised when I opened this too big of a box for the box inside. It had been jiggling around all the way across United States. There was a tiny piece broken. Customer Service was kind to me and credited make the cost except for shipping. The items had been on sale so it was a good. I would love to order clothes from them but I don't dare considering poor reviews.

eb599
4/25/17

I bought an item that was advertised as maternity wear, and when it arrived it was blatantly obvious that it was NOT maternity wear. The customer service is AWFUL, basically nonexistent, and they would not grant me a full refund. They thought they were being SO kind for granting me permission to return the item, and they would subtract shipping/handling fees...leaving me with FOUR CENTS!
DO NOT SHOP WITH ZULILY!

samm716
4/25/17

I was just putting together an order of several linen dresses (made in Italy, according to the site). Then I decided to check out the reviews. Now, I will be reconsidering this order. I don't know if the Italian linen line is any better than other items, but I don't think I will take a chance. Sorry that you all have had such negative experiences. Thank goodness for reviewers!!

evalenah
4/25/17

the quality and sizes are so bad I'm totally done with buying anything from you, you get what you pay for, this is worse than that

barbarab232
4/24/17

They have changed in the last year or so. They rarely have more than one picture. No description other than hearts and flowers. The size charts are always incorrect. I ordered several large orders. They are all humongous. Doesn't matter who the vendors are. I discussed this with them they don't care. Yes they have added charges for returns restocking fees $2 and item to return and it is their fault. They don't care about talking to the vendor about their size charts they say it is there business. And they're very disorganized. Once I'm done with this return business I'm done with them!

gaylel11
4/24/17

Ordered for the first time, using the size charts provided. !st blouse came and the top part was too big. Called to return. Was informed that I would receive HALF the original cost upon return, as there is a 50% re-stocking fee. I returned it. 8 days later tracking number on label showed no info. I emailed asking when to expect refund on my card. No reply. Today, nearly 2 weeks later, I called. A CREDIT had been issued for the 50% value; this company does NOT refund your payment. I spoke to a supervisor who said nothing could be done. I ordered a 2nd blouse with the 1st which I received; does not fit well; but no use returning as I can get nothing back for it. Absolutely the most terrible "refund" policy I have experienced and very non-responsive to the customer. I honestly don't know how they are in business, except that many people like myself must order once and then never again! I could not work for such an unfriendly to the customer company. Really TERRIBLE.

susanh238
4/24/17

This is the worst experience ever. I'm so disappointed. All the cloths are way too small. Shipped me stuff I never ordered and it all awful. Should of read these reviews first then I ever would of wasted my money.return, yagi right to china.DON'T ORDER FROM THIS RIPOFF COMPANY.

nancyk82
4/23/17

I was unaware my purchases were coming from China...no where did i see that. I ordered 4/7...several shirts...2 was delivered and for the proce i was sadly disappointed. I ordered by the size chart, which concerned me as i had to order a 1X...and i am not any more than a large. One of the shirts dies not fit across my hips, the other is wayyy too big. I have learned a valuable lesson...never order from this company, ever!!..i am still waiting on my other deliveries, they show they are still in China...so done!!! This is why i cant do a teturn because my stress level will not work for me, can you imagine returning an item?? No!!

katherinem24
4/23/17

I'm saw zulily on Facebook I thought I'd give them a try I have never purchased anything before from them

So I ordered two tops both small . Arrived yesterday the small was huge and the other one was a small plus did not try it on .

Though t no problem I thought. Well actually it was no a good experience. They said yes they would send me a return l about l e but the catch I'd have to pay $5 . My purchase total was $33 plus $3 shipping so total was $36 well they said I could only get $16 back and not to my account the $16 was only for zuilily purchase credit. REALLY ....what is fair about that so if m lucky ill find something for the exact amount they think I deserve a whopping $16 from $36. And then I order again only to pay shipping costs. Poor customers service ripoff to consumers it should be illegal I don't know how a company like that stays in business. I will NEVER purchase anything from them .

nancyet
4/22/17

After reading the reviews of Zulily I 'll opt out of buying from them .Thank you to those who reviewed this company I took on board all positives and negatives and there are far too many negative views for me Thank you reviewers Zulily will not get an order from me

sarab96
4/22/17

Have ordered several items in the past. Very pleased with beach tote bags but clothes are different. Shirts and tops not true to size and cheaply made from terrible fabric. Mmost recently life is good shirts are obviously knock offs. Cheap thin fabric and very fake tiny lig tag. Beware.

bernadettes12
4/22/17

I'm a loyal customer and have recommended it to all my friends. I check the website daily and love the diversity if their merchandise.
I recently ordered a jumpsuit using their measurement chart. When I received it and tried it on; it was huge on me. I called customer service twice, their system was down and when I finally spoke to a customer service agent and manager, they let me know that I would have to pay $10 to return the item. They stated that the measurement chart is not always accurate and only a suggestion and that their new policy doesn't take that into account. I was surprised and dismayed regarding the fact that their measurement chart is simply a suggestion and their unapologetic and uncaring way of addressing the dilemma. I won't be purchasing items from this website and suggest you take this review into consideration when making a purchase with Zulily.

loris222
4/22/17

Long story short: Ordered 2 of the same shirt in 2 different sizes on Feb. 22, 2017. Today is Apr. 22, 2017 AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY SHIRTS!!!! Contacted Zulily 3 times. Each time they say "don't worry, it's on it's way!" It's coming from China. But at this rate, I really think it's coming from Mars. Absolutely unacceptable!
Also ordered another shirt at the same time, which I did get in a timely manner (?) but the quality is so poor, it's laughable.
DO NOT ORDER FROM THE SCAM KNOWN AS ZULILY!!!

aundrec
4/21/17

I ordered over $500 dollars worth of plus size clothes. I decided to order a couple of sizes bigger then the norm to be on the safe side. It took my items approximately a month to arrive but I was alright with that. I received my items separately but all came in very close to each other, just days apart. Majority of my items fit very well. A couple of items such as a couple pair of jeans were a little tighter then I wanted (my usual size) but I can still wear them. some of the items were a bit bigger then I wanted but that was to be expected because of ordering 2 sizes larger ( still wearable). One item I ordered was cancelled and to my surprise, Zulily had refunded me the price to my credit card and gave me a small store credit, that I have not used yet. Overall, I am very satisfied with my items!

betht37
4/21/17

The stuff on this site is really cheap junk!! You get what you pay for so don't expect quality. I have purchased clothes that are far from the size listed on label, household items that fall apart upon arrival and items that are just defective.

rakellel
4/21/17

Beware of Zulily! I wish I would have seen these reviews before I ordered. I ordered a large canvas wrapped print that was suppose to be 36inches x 60inches to go on a bare living room wall. I was excited because it was going to be big! Just what I needed! I ordered it on March 19th, and finally received my order on April 21st. BUT to my dismay, my canvas print states "one size" on a sticker attached to it and I ended up receiving a 15in x 23.5in! Much smaller than what I ordered! And the picture quality is not good, very cheap looking. False advertising, not cool at all! And returns aren't allowed. Well Zulily you ripped me off, your karma and you'll never receive another order from me!

rhondac25
4/20/17

I received two items today that I don't recall ordering. They said the order was placed more than a month ago. The style is appropriate for someone 30 years younger than I am so I can't imagine ordering anything like this. Their return policy is ridiculous. I would never order something with such a policy because sometimes things don't fit right or look right. The customer service supervisor all but called me a liar. Never shot this site. I know I won't.

claudiam50
4/20/17

I bought a tunic in a size XL as I wanted it roomy. I normally wear a large top. Item arrived and the sleeves were so defective I could hardly get my arms in. The garment in general was at least 2 sizes too small. Obviously they have sizing problems on this item. Customer service said I could return the item for a $7.95 fee and they would give me a store credit. They would not refund my credit card. They said they don't have the item in a larger size. These kind of return policies are deal breakers for me. I don't want to buy from them again, therefore, a store credit is useless. I just totally wasted my money.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

263 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question