Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

terrym128
6/26/17

I purchased a set of muk luks gray daisy toe loop sandals and the loops could almost fit 1.5 toes. One of the toe loops was also bigger than the other. They were "kind enough" to allow me to return the defective shoes which cost me $$27.00 to them for a 2% restocking fee, plus they would deduct original shipping to me leaving me with a "Zulily only" credit only of $14 or $17 (don't have paperwork in front of me) which would end up being $8 or $11 after I paid 6.00 for shipping product back to them. All this for a defective product they should have never sold in the first place. I contacted Muk Luls to let them know what Zulily was doing with their product. Do yourself a favor, don't buy from Zulily. They care nothing about their customers.

mirandam17
6/26/17

I've been a loyal costumer for 4+ years. I've spent thousand of dollars here and have been pleased with their products for the most part. However, today I received my package with a FAKE perfume. I have purchased many perfumes from zulily and have never had this happen. I new right away it was fake because the plastic wrap was off and the bottle was shaking inside the box. As soon as I opened it the bottle was tilted and the cap was completely off of the bottle. Also, the lining inside the box was glued crooked and of course the smell gave it away. It was pretty close to the original V&R flowerbomb but not quite. I called customer service immediately and they have promised to issue a reimbursement to my card. I am so disappointed and will probably not purchase anything else from here again.

eshaw
6/26/17

On 5-21-17, I ORDERED 8 PAIR OF LEGGINGS BECAUSE I AM PREGNANT AND ITS VERY EASY TO WEAR. On 6-6-17 I received 2 pairs. When i checked to see if my other leggings had shipped they didn't until 6-12-17. Ok, so Im thinking yayy I should have them within a week right. WRONG. I clicked the tracking number within the email they sent me and it took me to some no name shipping site that gave me the same information every other day, like someone was just copying and pasting the same false info just to say they updated it. It kept saying Jamaica, NY, Elizabeth, NJ, and Atlanta, GA, over and over. Ok so i called Zulilly and they said, OH YOUR STUFF IS BEING SENT FROM CHINA SO ITS PROBABLY IN CUSTOMS. What? Ok fast forward.... I called Zulilly again and a nice lady told me to just take the tracking number and put it into the usps website tracking system and you will be able to track it.....FOR REAL. So today is 6-26-17 a month and 5 days after I spent my hard earned money on their website and still no leggings. When i do get them, i have a feeling im going to have to rip the tags out the back of the pants like i did the other 2 pairs because they are rough im so serious! I work and go to school so i dont have time for Zulilly's shenanigans. 1 & DONE!!!! Never again!!!!!!

dm471
6/26/17

Excellent selection of curated items, most things for sale at a steal. Zulily is a convenient and easy way of being introduced to new and exciting companies and their products you might spend hours looking for yourself. Excellent array of sizes and styles to suit everyone. Customer service is top notch, and Zulily is incredibly flexible even with their no return policy on some items. They realise the consumer is taking a chance buying a final sale item, and therefore, are quick, professional, and friendly in making sure the customer is happy. Should your item be defective or not perform the way you expected, they are eager to make things right with you, no questions asked. Be prepared, however, to wait ...and wait...and wait...for your order. Patience is a virtue, and well worth it, when it comes to Zulily

allisong39
6/25/17

Cheaply made. Horrible material. All the merchandise are irregulars. Terrible would never recommend them . No wonder they have a no return. They would have tons of returns. Disgraceful their cheating people out of money.

alexandrar21
6/25/17

I took a flyer on some tunics because they were so pretty in the picture. I knew the site does not accept returns but figured, How bad can they be? Answer: super, super bad. The tunics are made of sleazy polyester knit; the armholes and neck hole have no facing at all, just a tiny topstiched hem like you'd put on a doll's dress. The whole effect is as if you cut holes in a trash bag and put it on; there is no shaping, no darts, just a baggy length of cloth. If you made this in 7th grade sewing class, you'd get a C-. I'm going to just donate these to Goodwill, but I don't think anyone else would want them either.

marias266
6/25/17

I got two maxi dresses, una off-shoulders floral one, and other blue raisley high-neck front racer back, OMG these two are NOTHING what the pictures show, I want my money back...

alexonz
6/24/17

I used to love Zulily like crazy order all the time. I still order but I only order from ready to ship it comes faster. It sure has changed since when I first started with them I used to be able to call them and tell them that I order the wrong size or what ever and they used to tell me that just give it to some one or threw it away but know they charge u to return the item and they are getting pricie. But I will still order just from the ready to ship lol.

dianem130
6/24/17

Please don't order from a company that only allows store credit...really??? The merchandise is just OK. I will be donating the items I ordered. Lesson learned

anony372
6/24/17

The sizes run smaller than advertised. I called to complain about false advertising and to request a return but, in spite of the error being on THEIR part with misinformation listed on their site, they refused to refund me and would only give store credit. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THESE SCAMMERS!

tonit23
6/23/17

I've had little success with mail order. I just ordered 5 garments and received 4 in good time. I believe the 5th is enroute or possibly I'm my mailbox. 2 of the garments don't even approach fitting me. Not a problem when I'm in a store I can go up a size or 2 if I need to. Or if I take home and it doesn't fit and I take it back to an actual store, I can either get my money back or make an exchange. At this point if I take it anywhere, it's to mail it back. To be honest I'd rather give them away. I think I'm over mail order. As a matter of fact think i''Lloyd go back to sewing because I really hate clothing made in China. I'm not used to the negative quality.

dawnb98
6/22/17

I used to purchase quite a bit from Zulily but have stopped now. I appreciated the liberal return policy of credit issued if not satisfied. I'm sure there were abuses but certain there were also increased sale.The new return policy and very slow shipping are a no-go. As a mama of 10 grown children and nana to little folk, I can do better elsewhere.

kellyz8
6/21/17

I have ordered from them for years in the past. Last month I ordered some summer book for my 5 year old for K next year. The order was under $49 and everything came fine and the books were a fine price. Fast forward to today and I went to place an order they apparently got rid of the free shipping over $49 something they have had for years. Seeing how the items I did buy today were for a baby shower gift and I did need them I reluctantly placed my order probably my last. One of the perks of Zulily was the free shipping they offered, I can get free shipping at numerous other stores and look for just as good of sales from them.

mc612
6/21/17

I ordered a Marchese purse. I paid quite a bit but I did not receive the same purse at all. It looks like a little girl purse and definitely not designer. What a scam. All the clothes I ordered are so cheap. Never again.

lolas17
6/19/17

Absolutely agree with the numerous negative reviews about Zulily. I was hesitant to place an order in the first place but my curiosity got the best of me. NEVER AGAIN. The quality of the clothing I received was horrendous -- and the sizing is COMPLETELY off. Do NOT believe their sizing guidelines! But of course....they make all their stuff look pretty in pictures...DON'T BE FOOLED. Spend your hard-earned money elsewhere.

lkj5
6/19/17

If I could give negative stars I would!! I have yet to get an iemail dress that actually ships on a normal shipping basis! Then they only ship part of the order and say there rest will ship later!! When? If it is for a gift, you're screwed. If you call they say we cancel but the other part of the order is shipped out and you will have to pay to ship that back (which is understandable if you didn't like what you got, not only partial). Go to Amazon and save yourself the headache, waiting, and cost of shipping back.

moeb5
6/19/17

I've been shopping on zulily for over 8yrs. Almost each order has had a problem. Sometimes it's the wrong color ,size, scent, and damaged. I Have to say that customer service is great and they do quickly remedy the issue. Whether they refund or credit , and sometimes resend if possible. My confidence in them is fading quickly as I have placed 9+ orders totaling over $700. Almost every package had an issue. This is not an exaggeration. Although Zulily has some great deals and items ,as well as great customer service they need to get better management for their warehouses. Today I received a reorder of facial masks due to only receiving 1 out of 10 of my original order. Well I again only received 1 mask again! How does one not understand a set of 10? And to do it again. Really? Whoever packed it couldn't use common sense. Who would order 1 face mask in a single foil pack? Usually they come as a set in boxes. Although I enjoy buying on zulily I have lost confidence in them. I hope they can fix the problems with their warehouses so they don't lose their customers.

asterb2
6/19/17

Zulily actually buy their clothes from AliExpress and sell it way expensive on their website,they don't care about their customers, something wrong with your order and no return accepted because they knew their staff is not what it looks like.donot waste your money

annv23
6/18/17

What you order often doesn't look like what you saw. Then, incredibly, the order takes ONE MONTH to come. You will see Chinese writing on paper in the parcel that indicate it came straight from China, no US distributor. A slow boat from China. And try to return something. Ha. Don't dream of shopping here unless you're a glutton for punishment.

gaylew15
6/16/17

I ordered what looked like a really nice 5 piece picture, when I finally received it I could not believe it is basically 5 pieces of cardboard. They send you stickers to hang it on the wall. Are you serious, I will have to put another backing on them just so I can hang them properly without totally destroying my walls. This was my first and probably last time buying on line from zulily.

mwami
6/15/17

The unusually low rating for Zulily must be another case of "you get what you pay for" and "people who don't know how to internet"

Zulily itself is a giant dropshipping site. They use a mix of limited time flash sales and the harder to navigate permanent online bazaar of stuff (while supplies last) to sell wares.

You will often have to wait week several weeks until Zulily receives enough orders ship yours to you.

I have literally spent hours scouring their site using their user unfriendly "search" function to find amazingly discounted and very cute children's clothing. If you don't mind digging or checking back often you can score great deals.

Zulily started out as a mom and kid's site but has expanded. There are some really random finds if you care to look.

The prices and quality/brands of good is generally very good as long as you don't mind indefinite shipping waits. If you need something right away, this isn't for you.

donnaj26
6/14/17

I ordered 2 pair of shoes on 5-23-17 and I am still waiting. Zulily still hasn't shipped them according to my order information. It also says the approx. ship date is 6-16-17. I don't understanding why it takes so long to get an order. There is no explanation for the delay in shipment. I can get a shipment from Amazon in 2 days, why does it take 3 weeks for Zulily to even ship and item? I'm not sure I will order from them again.

adelaider
6/13/17

I've had several items received that were incorrectly size labeled, defective or simply junk. They refuse all swimwear (even with tags) & require you pay $5.95 & $2.00 to return. They could care less if you have an issue. Horrible experience.

marm28
6/12/17

Worse place to shop. Takes too long to receive your order (like a month). And they always send you damaged or wrong size and they don't do returns. Very bad management and customer service. Will NEVER shop from them.

marciap21
6/11/17

I order frequently from zulily.com In recent months the quality of the fabric and the workmanship of their clothing products has declined. The sizing is also not accurate. I must also mention that I have been very satisfied with their customer service. I have not had an issue with 85% of the merchandise I have ordered. You can confidently order with reservation. Look at the product carefully and read about the fabric. Jewelry is an iffy item on this site. Most that I have ordered looks very cheap. Give is a try as the prices are very competitive and the company is located in the USA not China.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

57 Photos for Zulily