Review of Zulily

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

danikat1
3/22/17

This place is decent, a lot of the time the stuff never comes as it looks or as expected but they have great customer service and are super accomidaying edith giving store credit, although i'd prefer the refund because i usually ending up having to buy more stuff I don't end up liking.

shannonw47
3/22/17

I've placed quite a few orders on Zulily over the years, and my experience is good, as long as you do your research first.

First, unless you are ordering products marked "ready to ship", it is going to take awhile to get your stuff. They do mention that in the "about us" pages, for those who actually read that stuff.

Second, not everything is a great deal. The percent off listed on the site is off the MSRP, so you might be able to find the same or better deal elsewhere if you google the product.

Finally, stick to brands you recognize, or look the item up on Amazon and check the reviews. I've gotten name brand clothing and toys for my kids at huge discounts and been thrilled. I've skipped looking the product up and ordered some unknown brand t-shirts for myself, and they were total junk.

My summary? As long as you're willing to take five minutes and look the item up on Amazon to see what reviews it has, and what prices others are charging, you can get some really great stuff at a good price here.

sharons207
3/22/17

I've ordered from them twice, both times it took MONTHS to get my order, and it's a no return policy. Too many other options than to go through the hassle of ordering through this company.

natalief23
3/22/17

Won't be trying to order again. After 3 weeks of waiting for package, called and they still didn't have an update therefore I cancelled my order. Second time this happened!!!

cindys132
3/22/17

Poor customer service! Things never get shipped on time. My daughter didn't get her flower dress in time for my wedding. Then it takes up to a week to recieve a refund. It didnt take them but 5 seconds to charge my card. They should be able to refund you immediately.

altynayh
3/22/17

It fully a cheat! They say it's a good deal but believe me it's not! Moreover they refused to return back my money for the items has been broken after using 2 months! Some other items I've found much cheaper on other well established website! The customer care is awful, they don't help you what they do it is o help you to close your account down even if you expect still couple deliveries from them . Buyers stay away from Zulily!!!

jazzp1
3/21/17

The worst part is their return policy!! Who does not take items back if the size is wrong? Well, more than half of the stuff i ordered eithe ran two sizes too small or 2 sizes too big. They do not warn you that items run small or large, i always look at the size chart and order, inspite of that the sizes are so off. What if the quality sucks? Nope, u cannot return for money back, it is store credit.. why should i pay for something that does not fit for one and for an error on their part.. they are literally forcing people to keep shopping for crap instead of returning their money. The quality on most things suck, and the prices are not any lower, infact i find lower prices on amazon on the same products advertised. Its cheating if you show something and u see it in real and its crap. Their return policy needs to change or they will just lose business. Stay away!

cherylr45
3/19/17

For several years I have had nothing but the best of luck with Zulily , my favorite place to shop for myself being a plus size women. I have been the same size for well over 10 years , size 14 pants and a 2 x top. Nothing has change !!! For the past 3 months of ordering clothes for myself , everything I have received has been to small . The 2x blouses and shirts fit more like a XL. The size 18 dresses I usually order fit more like a size 12. I totally never minded the waiting part to receive my order because I always had such great luck and the quality was amazing. Although I still find the quality to be good , I just can't trust the sizing charts . They definitely have become not trusting . I can't tell you how disappointed I am because I seriously ordered %90 if my clothes from them . I can only come to one conclusion if why the clothes are running small , it must be because of where they are getting there clothes . They most likely will loose me as a a dedicated customer.

mollyc28
3/19/17

LOVE Zulily and everything I've bought there has been better than expected. Yes, their ship time is long, but that's clearly explained on their website if people would only bother to read. Worth the wait!

gabrielleg6
3/19/17

I ordered 2 shirts and a dress a while ago. The prices are good, but would be nice to get better quality. The shirts both looked great in pictures, one was blue with ruffles. The ruffles sit flat, and looks awful, and the fabric just lays- has no shape to it. The second shirt was a poncho sort of look, blue with white details. It looks like there is a bleach stain, or some kind of chemical stain on it, which was really annoying since it doesn't come out it's also really stiff even after washing its still sitting up, and really awkward. the dress design looks like it should but the fabric is cheap, and much longer that expected (knee length dress that goes down to calf area). It took about 3 weeks to ship, which is absurd. do NOT recommend.

vickiw36
3/19/17

Extremely dissapointing to see my order shipped from China. If I wanted that sort of cheap product I would have ordered from one of those known websites that are nothing but Chinese junk. And since I can't return there is a good chance the top will be too small & I will be giving it to my niece...for her doll.

kamb8
3/18/17

Zulily always takes forever to ship, that's something I came to terms with, but when I ordered a two piece bathing suit and only one piece arrived after almost a month after ordering, I'd say that's pretty bad service. I wonder if I'll even get the other half. And if I do, I'll probably have to wait weeks to get it. Don't get sucked in!

evanp20
3/18/17

If you buy the wrong size you're screwed. After contact their sales representative after scouring their site for returns policies and procedures, I was told "I'm more than happy to give you more information about our return policy. While we are a final sale site and items are not eligible for returns. We want you to love everything you order on zulily. If youre not delighted with your purchase, we do expect a few returns on a case by case base. When we take a returns we will do that refund in store credit that way you have a chance to find something that you will love!"

So bad English suggests that they will not, on a case by case basis, accept that SIZE ISSUES FOR CLOTHING BOUGHT ONLINE is NOT an ACCEPTABLE reason to return or exchange items.

No wonder AMAZON is the only place online to buy clothing.

disappointedb2
3/18/17

The photography makes the modeled items look great and enticing. The first purchaset was enticing because of the split payment. But my first several orders arrived in bulk today. A sad, sad, sad disappointment. Cheap, see-through material. The plus sizes run at least one size bigger than the state measurements. Embarrassed to wear any of this to work so will probably sleep in it, give it to a thrift store, or trash it. Is this really affiliated with QVC? Shame and scam...scam and shame. I still have more orders coming in...dummy me. Hopefully someone else will review this horrible company first before buying clothing items, at least. I have one brand name item coming in, so I'll have to see if it's legit or a knock-off. Please don't waste your money on the female clothing, at least. Sorry I ever did....tempted by the great photography,

abbym22
3/18/17

Was the worst experience ever I order to dress both them take almost 2 months to get to me one come first not the color that I order second one come all hang up not straight I'm was really disappointed I never will order anything from this again I will not even invite my worst enemy to order from you all never

tanyab37
3/17/17

Their prices are double, sometimes triple what they should be. Items take forever to ship... and I mean MONTHS. We ordered 7 clothing items for the kids (170$) and it took 4 weeks before they even STARTED SHIPPING... WTF.

daniellek24
3/16/17

I have stalked zulily for a while, and I have ordered 2 items from them previous, both as gifts. The items were really something I couldn't find anywhere else, so I took the plunge. The shipping the first time took 3 weeks, the shipping the 2nd time took almost 2 months. It arrived and my wife asked had I ordered something and because it had been so long, I said no, I don't think so, go ahead and open it. Lo and behold, it was a gift I had bought for her!

Again, I had been stalking zulily again, and I had been admiring some nature saying tank tops -- They were very much me. Again, I decided to take the plunge. I ordered 2 different ones, Mountain Mama and one with a Kayaking vs Adulting one, and was quite excited to get them. Well, they arrived. I have never been so disappointed in my life when receiving something I had ordered.

These were the absolute worst quality. It looks the edges themselves were thrown on a serger and then someone said bam, done! The edges are not finished, which if that was the look I was going for great, but I wasn't. I may buy one or 2 pieces of clothing every year, but I am not one to buy clothes all the time, and when I do, I want them to last. These would not hold up in the rain! How can I expect them to hold up when outside and camping, etc., which is what I wanted them for.

I then thought well I can return them. Nope. Not unless you want a store credit to buy more of their items with. Maybe I am the fool here, and I know that I should have read the return info first, but who doesn't do returns? And if I was trying to return after 40 or more days after the purchase, sure, store credit or nothing. But I paid for the items. So I have just paid $40 for 2 tank tops that may last through the summer. And because of the quality, the campground and working outside is the only place they will be worn.

If you want quality clothing, stay away, far away, from zulily.

kuddiey
3/15/17

I always wanted to buy from Zulily so I finally placed an order..a large one at that. Part of the shipment arrived yesterday and I can honestly say that I am disgusted by the quality of the materials. They look cheap and of course the fit was horrible. Of all the stuff i bought only a t-shirt I can see myself wearing. of course the other part of my shipment will arrive in April (place the order late February), and I already know I will not like them. Save your money and shop on Amazon.

kays27
3/15/17

I'd been stalking Zulily for awhile. Always looking but never taking the plunge and buying something. Well I finally placed an order, and it was a large one. It took over a month to get all my items. And a few I didn't receive at all because they were, according to Zulily, "lost in transit". One was canceled by Zulily without explanation. I was issued refunds in both instances and $20 in credit, but the experience was enough for me to never order anything from Zulily again. By the way, always research prices. Sometimes what seems like a deal on Zulily really isn't. I've seen the same items at better prices elsewhere.

lesliet25
3/15/17

I've didn't think a company could stay in business if they scored the highest for lying employees(" we don't charge your card until it ships"- they actually charge your card on Day 1 and then at the latest Day 5 9 to pay the Vendors-mostly from China... They do not return phone calls, i've had reps hang up on me for various reasons:I was inquiring about a shipment, I wanted to cancel something or an order..( this is the kiss of death with them, they either won't cancel it at all but will say they did, if they cancel they will not refund your money even if you threaten to sue them, they do not take returns even though they say they will if something is damaged/defective.. I went for months trying to send defective stuff back and could never get them to call me.. they said "send us photos", which I did...then nothing..finally I sent a whole box of things to them ($900) and even then they kept talking in circles and said hey didn't "approve the return"..I placed many many orders with them but don't have the clothes or the refunds from things I cancelled ....Even if you get a refund, they make it impossible to reconcile your bank account because they take the full order amount out at the beginning,but then they refund like $9.99, $29.99, $14.99, and you can't determine which order it relates to..Try getting help? Forget it.. they get paid to lie, commit fraud, and outsmart the customer. I thought Haute Look was a disaster but Zulily makes them look like a reputable online company,and they aren't either. My banker couldn't even figure out what we should do so we shut down all my accounts so they had no way of accessing my cards anymore.There were several orders where they charged me more than once for the SAME ORDER, just varying the numbers like, $1204.50, then $1201.34.... They should be reported to some kind of online authority that monitors fraudulent behavior and acts but I never could find out who that was and I just gave out and gave up...and out a BUNCH of money but I just had to let it go.If you decide to order from them , watch your bank cards for multiple charges...don't worry about finding your refunds because there won't be any,I'm sorry to say..Despicable company and employees...LS

millieeg
3/14/17

I was luckier than most, after waiting 7 weeks of waiting I rang to find out where my orders where. They couldn't be found. The company never rang back to let me know, but I was credited the money.

brendag84
3/13/17

Absolutely no consistency in sizing or quality. If I could submit pictures of some of the absolute crap I've recently received I would. Going on a beach vacation and this time around I've ordered no less than 12 items all but two need to be returned...for a credit mind you so I can purchase more poorly made clothing. Sad part is if keep coming back because I have received a couple of awesome pieces. Out more money for shipping, time waisted looking, ordering, making phones calls for returns, and then getting it in the mail. No more coming back for clothes. Thanks for the headache Zulily.

dianet57
3/13/17

I bought 2 maternity dresses that I am afraid to wash because they are so cheaply made. Very thin fabric and not worth anywhere near what I paid (the "Original" price has to be a load of BS). I feel swindled knowing that I overpaid some company for cheap products that were probably sewn in some sweat shop by someone who doesn't make enough money to feed themselves or their family properly. Will not buy from them again.

Save your money; buy fewer but higher quality items made by people who are treated well. Lesson learned.

lynneb28
3/13/17

I purchased 3 tunics. Two of the 3 fit fine. When I inquired about returning the one that didn't fit, they said I could but I would get a store credit NOT a credit on my credit card. The quality isn't the greatest but now I'll have to buy something else to use up the credit. I usually don't shop at stores that won't guarantee their merchandise enough to refund your money. I won't shop there after I use up the credit. I don't recommend anyone else shopping here either.

margoa5
3/13/17

Used to be a good place to shop. Not anymore. First of all, if you want something within a reasonable timeframe you have to order from their "Ready to Ship" category which more than likely means stuff that's been returned because they do NOT warehouse any of the mdse they front on their site. They wait until they have their whole order together from customers, then THEY order the stuff, it comes to them and then THEY RE-SHIP IT OUT TO CUSTOMERS. It is now taking a month to get anything you order. Used to be quicker. You can't return anything. I bought a pair of rainboots for my granddaughter couple years ago and they came alright, but one boot a size 9 and one a size 13. Crock. Nice website, some stuff is okay but honestly, I just google the stuff and get the brand name and see if I can get it from Amazon free ship in 2 days. Perfume deals are good. Clothes suck quality-wise, and if you don't mind waiting FOREVER for your stuff some of the hard goods are nice. Oh, and it USED to be BARGAINS! Now they are featuring handbags for $1,000 to $2,000. As I said on their FB page, if I had THAT kind of money I wouldn't be shopping online at your store, I'd be taking my limo to Saks......not worth it anymore. Sad. It used to be good.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

254 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question