US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

joninas1
8/29/16

I have now purchased 2x form Zulily and both were AWFUL experiences. Last year I purchased an extra large( size 12) jacket for my daughter. The coat was so small I gave it to my niece that is a size 4. A couple of weeks ago I purchased Under Amour for my grandson. I ordered the same sizes I buy at Nordstrom ....Youth XS. The pants were fine but both shirts I purchased will fit my 4 year old cousin and not my 7 year old grandson. I am certain Zulily is buying "mistakes by the retailer. AND of course, nothing is returnable. I just wasted $75 on 2 shirts!
ZULILY IS A SCAM!!!!!!!

kellys171
8/28/16

I have ordered from zulily mutliple times and am aware the shipping time is slow - at best.
My last order was placed on August 12th (it is now August 27th) and the product has not even been received at zulily from their "partners". I do not understand why it takes more than 14 days for ANY supplier to ship a product) The delay in receiving a product, overshadows the "cuteness" or deal I might finde.
While zulily offers unique items at decent prices, there are enough websites out there to have products that are just as unique with much better delivery times.

zoeyc
8/27/16

First off, let me say, each e-mail will be replied to by a different associate, only making confusion worse. I received 2 items as a gift and explained the items didn't fit, and also if I was able to return/exchange without my aunt (the original purchaser) knowing. They said no, she would have to be notified (I don't know why). So I bit the bullet, and said agreed to go ahead with the exchange anyway. They asked for all the basic information like order and item #s. After providing this information, they said they were unable to find an order with that information and my e-mail...which of course they couldn't as I was not the purchaser. I provided the e-mail she used, and they sent a message back saying, "Great! We credited back your account!"...meaning they credited back HER account...so now I'm left with 2 useless items and zero credit to purchase any replacement. No one knows what they are doing over there.

caral13
8/25/16

I tried 5 times with customer service to cancel and order that I did not place and they won't accept it! I am furious and am reporting them to the Better Business Bureau of Washington State!

allisons51
8/25/16

My first two orders came in in a timely manner and they looked excitely as it was described on zulily. After that, I was confident to by from them again. My mistake. My next two shirts came in size small(one size smaller than the first top I bought). When the items came in, it didn't look anything like the picture. The fabric is cheap and it has tons of loose stitches. It was sewn oddly like the shoulders. Were too bulky. The size small I bought looked like 2 sizes bigger than the medium size top I first bought. The picture showed a petite sweater and blazer that fit a women's curves. It was just hanging on me...too large, too long, oddly proportioned, and way too cheap of fabric for what I bought it for. I am pissed and won't be buying from them again. I guess when it looks too good to be true, it is.

ginas47
8/23/16

This review might have gone through once , so excuse me if there is one similar here, I couldn't do it on my phone. I have ordered numerous items from Zuily for approximately 2 years and have never had a problem. I dealt with customer service twice so far. I cannot not remember the first time and what it was but I remember telling the person on the phone I appreciated her demeanor. Before I talk about the second one let me mention a few other things. I have never had the need to return anything. I usually buy a size up and it seems to be fine but I would look at the size charting anyway. In addition some things do take longer than others to deliver. If you place something in your cart , it will show you most of the time the company it is coming from. Therefore, you can search the company and find out where it is. Lastly, let me explain an incident that happen two weeks ago that is an example of the good experiences I have had. I usually place multiple things in my cart so I can go back later and decide if I want to purchase them. Big mistake on my part because I also have one touch purchase. Well you guess it I must of hit something and wiped out my cart and I received a note confirming my purchased. I didnt actually realize this till 4 hours later . I immediately sent a email to the company. Online I kept my purchase history up. I was planning on also calling when they opened the next day . However, within a 1/2 hour period the items on my account showed cancelled. Then the next day I received a personal email saying my order had been cancelled. A few days later it was taken off my credit card. In no way did they have to cancel this order but they did and the reply was quick , mine you this was a Sunday afternoon and evening.

cyndic8
8/21/16

Some merchandise are steals but a lot are not worth the price. Materials are cheap and some even defective. But Zulily will reimburse you, just send a picture of the damaged item. Unfortunately, it might be an item you really like and can't wait to wear or use. Such is the downfall of buying on line.

elainep21
8/21/16

I purchased a size 1X shirt. My usual size (normally shirts run approx. 44-46" around at the bust). When I received the shirt ordered, I couldn't get it over my head. I measured the shirt and it was a full TEN INCHES smaller across the bustline. When I contacted the company, they politely offered a store credit for the error and said that because I am so busy, I don't need to return the shirt, but could donate it to whomever I wanted. Not the best experience for my first order. Won't be getting anymore of my business.

amyb128
8/18/16

What online merchant doesn't except returns??? I will never buy from these scammers again. So not worth it. The merchandise is cheap because it's defective. I wouldn't pair of shorts for my son and they're l so long they look like gauchos. They really need to be more forthcoming about their no returns policy. Don't be fooled! Just stick with Amazon!

tiffanys67
8/15/16

I don't know why I keep getting sucked into Zulily time and time again. I have found some pretty cute shoes for my kids from them in the past, particularly when shopping for brands I already know and love. But I refuse to buy clothes for myself from them again. What I have gotten was poor quality and often not even close to the right size, no matter what the tag says. The first time I received an ill-fitting item (which said medium but fit like an extra small) I contacted them and received a refund. Customer service was actually great. Since then, however, I have had other items with poor fit and I didn't bother even contacting them. I decided to suck it up as a learning experience and stick to shoes for my kids. So, while shopping for said shoes, I found a purse I just had to have. Ugh. Supposedly a $300 Italian leather bag for $65. I know, I know. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The bag arrived faster than usual. (Don't use Zulily if you're in a hurry. They advertise stuff for Christmas for example that will never arrive in time.) But if this bag is a $300 item, I am a purple unicorn. It's okay looking and the leather is soft but the detailing on it is kind of cheap looking. And Zulily had the dimensions listed incorrectly on the website. Oh and they shipped a nice leather purse in a flimsy bag, not even a box. I'm quite surprised it arrived without damage. Note to self: stop ordering from Zulily!

tarheels
8/14/16

I placed an order for 5 items on 7/22/16 for 5 items and all items were charged to my credit card within 1 day of placing order. I rec'd notice 8/9/16 2 items were delayed and then rec'd other 3 items on 8/10/16. I'm trying to return items which didn't fit and zulily.com's "no customer service" won't reply to my E-mail sent to service@zulily.com. Prevent frustration and save your time -- don't buy from this vendor, even as attractive as they're ads are.

lolar9
8/14/16

The Zulily site forcing me to enter an email address to browse? Your marketing director should be fired! I refuse to leave my information unless I was to purchase something.

jeanettev
8/14/16

I would advise everyone to avoid this website. The clothes I ordered were of extremely poor quality and nothing like the description. On top of that having to pay to send back is the final insult. Please think very carefully before ordering anything.

victorial42
8/13/16

Thank you Zulilly. Love this place.

anns102
8/12/16

Received items. They were poor quality and I wanted to return them. Their return policy is not at all like Amazon. You have to get permission to return, create your own label, copy the invoice. The invoice is not emailed. You have to find a copy machine to make a.physical copy. Then you return the item. If you are lucky, you will eventually receive a refund. I will not buy again.

tammyp38
8/11/16

I never write reviews, but my experience with this website was so classically bad that I wanted to warn potential customers.
I was lured to the website by its really cute selection, and as an avid online shopper, I assumed that the website would be similar to others. Not the case. I received the wrong item--completely their mistake--and was told that my item "sold out" and that basically their role was to advertise vendors under one website. They did not issue refunds, except in rare cases (the fault was completely theirs) and after contacting them 3 times, answering the same questions over and over, I was told they would take back the item they sent. Two months later, no refund. It was my first and last experience at that site. Don't be lured in by their selection!

landonp7
8/9/16

The Zulily staff tells consumers plainly on the site that they are the middle man. No one should ever be upset that things take a while, or surprised they order from a third party when they openly express this on their website. I think all related complaints should be dismissed as irrelevant due to the complainants ignorance about the true and posted nature of the company.

rosioc
8/8/16

I ordered school backpacks 3 weeks ago and I still haven't received the package. If I would of waited my kids would not have backpacks in time for school. Disappointed! Never will order from zulily again.

lindab265
8/8/16

The reviews I read that the product received was great was my first experience. Nice tops, good quality. So, sucked in, I ordered again. This time, the skirt was substandard fabric--very thin and sleazy, raw hem, inconsistent size. But, guess what--NO RETURN. No return even when product is not as pictured. So, avoid. You may get some quality items, but when you don't, you get to eat it. Zero star would be more appropriate.

paulettes10
8/7/16

I have done a lot of business with Zulily since the beginning. I have had a hard time knowing I can't return several items that did not fit well, but understand. that policy and now I am very very careful about what I choose. The reason I will not order from them again is my last experience. I got sucked into the "free" shipping for the day scheme. I realized after placing my additional order that it may be shipped from another company and I realized at that point I would be paying for two shipping charges, but thought I would maybe ask them about it, as customer service in the past was always good. I was charged for one purchase that came from their store and the other 2 items which were from the same company were charged separately for 2 additional charges, total of about 26 dollars. Yikes, who pays that for shipping these days! I emailed 3 times and I can only hope they have interns this summer and that they have not changed their past nice customer service policy, but my experience was horrendous. They just said that is the way it is and have a great day and one even said you can only order one more time then get charged. That prompted me to call. I got nowhere. I emailed customer service to say I was disappointed and would most likely never order again from them and did not even get a reply. Items that can not be returned, things that don't fit properly, slow, slow shipping and high, high shipping cost and now bad customer service! Who would go through this again?

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

alisono4
8/6/16

I ordered 2 pairs of yoga pants from their website. I bought 2 as a test, since saw a lot of bad reviews on this site. That didn't happen.

It turns out that they were built well, they were strong but breatheable, they fit me super well, they stretched in the right places, and I wore them longer than I normally wear yoga pants just because they were so comfy.

This is NOT one of those bad quality, good photo websites. At least if you're buying yoga pants in the Balance Collection. I bought 8 more after I received the first order.

barbarao29
8/6/16

I just looked at a pair of pajamas on Zulily. They showed the price at $86, marked down to $26. Same item on the Sears (of all places) website for $26 original price. I am done.

sarah2869
8/5/16

Ordered 3 sets of glass jars for storage, 12total. All came shattered. They were not packaged for freight. Someone wrapped the box on the outside with bubble wrap but not the actual glass items that were left to roll around in the box and ultimately hit each other and shatter. I got glass dust, literally. So who have they hired in their shipping department? Not only does the order take a lot of time but it comes broken...obviously no return. Will have to fight to cancel payment. Bad bad service. I am not shopping here ever again.

tinab99
8/4/16

I am just really confused about the slow shipping of this company. Are they using carrier pigeon? I have been waiting for weeks and I got the items from my second order(placed several days later), before the first. The tops I got are great and I like the prices but don't order if you're in a hurry! I guess I am spoiled by Amazon's fast service. Not too sure I will order anything more

mikeb286
8/4/16

I would rate it minus stars due to its return policy. My wife ordered swim suit tops in a certain size. They basically sent one size fits all. The return policy states you cannot return or get refunds for any personal items which is all types of clothing including swim suits. I highly recommend that " DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM ZULILY!!!!!!

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

202 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Zulily staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 days ago
Add your answer
1 week ago
Answer
lindac190
A: I just listed the following for another person . . . They are flash selling vendors merchandise and don't stock items in their warehouse. So, the idea is no returns. But they want happy customers. Call them if you are unhappy with an item politely and ask if you can return. In my experience, if it is an expensive item, like a leather handbag, they have let me return. If say $20 or under, they say donate it and refunded my money or given me a store credit. If damaged or poor quality, they have in addition tacked on a $5-10 Zulily credit for the trouble. Call them and see what they will do for you. I have gotten great deals from them and am happy.
1 week ago