Review of Zulily

Tel: (877) 779-5615 or (888) 826-6564
service@zulily.com

sharonl110
8/17/17

I ordered a set of gray Queen size sheets for my camper. Went to put them on the bed and one corner of the fitted bottom sheet is sewed inside out and won't stay on mattress.

kathyd21
8/15/17

I ordered 4 items and it took 3 weeks to ship (not arrive yet). I contacted them to check my order then they replied straight away but when I asked them to get refund as I takes too long to ship and I go holiday soon and they didn't reply me. I contacted them twice and they ignored me.
Very bad website and I never go back with them again.

renateb2
8/14/17

Zulilly orders are always iffy because the sizing is so variable - one time large is too small, another time you could fit yourself in the item twice, so was happy that they gave fast refunds - and half the time told you to donate the item to a charity.

Last two orders had several items way off size, but asked to return one "large" that would not have fit a skinny 10 year old. Seems they now deduct 5.98 for returns.
Considering that item cost 14.98, that's ridiculous, not even offered a credit for entire amount, much less a refund.
Decided to give the item away.

Be VERY careful about ordering anything now, unless you have bought from the same category and know the sizing.
Chinese sizes are often very, very small - then, for no reason, the same size ordered is like a tent.

It's pretty much random how they size anything and, since most clothes are very cheaply made, the sizes can vary from the same category.

Also had major disappointment ordering garden items (solar items that didn't light up ever, garden chimes that were far smaller than pictured and very cheap looking, etc.) - so be careful since their RETURN policy is now much less satisfactory.

barbaram201
8/13/17

I ordered a Reborn Pintuck Tunic from Zulilly. I googled the item to check on quality and prices elsewhere. After reading negative reviews, I was hesitant, but the top was inexpensive, and I could always donate it if I was unhappy. It took some time to receive, which was stated on the website, so I was not surprised. yesterday, a beautiful top arrived that fit perfectly. The material is soft, and I checked all the seams to make sure it had been sewn well. The tunic looks adorable with leggings or skinny jeans, and if I were younger, I could wear it as a short dress. I didn't have any issues, so I did not use customer service and cannot speak to this issue. I ordered an inexpensive top, what I ordered arrived, and I am happy to wear it. They do not lie on the website...delivery is slow, there aren't any refunds, I read every FAQ, but for $24.00, I received an great top. make sure you read the web site conditions before ordering.

lynns117
8/12/17

I just placed my first order and was impressed with the styles, variety and prices . After I ordered I looked for reviews on the company , I realize that wasn't the brightest idea after the fact. Many reviews were not good and Sadly I had already ordered 7 items! I expected my order within 2 weeks as they stated which was fair as I live in Canada. All the items were loose fitting tunics as not trying items on I knew I had a better chance of an appropriate fit , I read and double checked the size chart and information on material and sat back and crossed my fingers . I received my items 11 days later and was exactly what I ordered and the fit was perfect. The materials were a nice weigh and I washed all in cold water and laid to dry which I always do immediately with new clothes. No shrinkage or wrinkling perfect. Most of the items were highly reduced so I didn't expect a lot as generally you get what you pay for However the value was very good. I am Thrilled!! I will be ordering again soon and will stick with my formula of carefully reviewing all the information and staying away from fitted items. Love Zuilly!!

kayem7
8/11/17

Slow delivery. When it arrived the package in the back had been torn open as well as the merchandise inside. Called to report it, customer service could have cared less. Returned the product and they received it 4 days ago and still I have not received a store credit. I requested a refund to my account and was told no. They take you money right away, slow to deliver, charge you to return it. All they are doing is making money off of innocent people! What a crock of a company!

sherrys82
8/11/17

Ordered from Zulily, it was actually Gymboree stuff and the prices were awesome, so I impulsively purchased. Several days later I got click bait from Gymboree themselves and clicked on it. I once again ordered more stuff for my granddaughter. A week later I have received my order from Gymboree, everything is awesome and it was FREE shipping. My Zulily order, no ETA on when it will ship from Zulily. Seriously? Do they use Pony Express? Did they take a time machine back to the 1960's? It is really not acceptable in our instant gratification society, especially since babies grow so fast, you need to get those clothes ASAP. Not impressed at all. Slick advertising makes it seem like a really together company - they are NOT!

karend177
8/9/17

I would expect tops and dresses to fall at one's natural waist (around the navel) however, the dress I bought, while absolutely beautiful, had the waist fall just at my last rib, causing both discomfort and quite the awkward silhouette. I simply donated it and don't plan on buying again.

suet52
8/9/17

I ordered two shirts from Zulily. One came fairly quickly but the second one too a really long time to get. I ordered size small but the shirts are more a medium. I wanted to return them but after paying for return shipping and a re-stocking fee they only offered me $2 a shirt, I paid $14.99. I won't ever order from them again.

brandij11
8/8/17

It takes way too long to receive your merchandise. I NEVER buy anything on line that I cannot return. Who would?

cindyg73
8/7/17

I have been a customer for several years. They used to have excellent customer service. They used to refund your account when you were not pleased with an item. I recently ordered 3 sets of curtain panels. one set arrived with holes in them. I contacted customer service. ( I sent pictures of the holes), they sent me a shipping label to print off, and told me to send them back for a partial refund, and I would have to pay for the label!! seriously! and they would only give me store credit 5 business days after receiving the product...no thanks! ( plus, I needed the 3rd set of panels to complete my window) I have found items cheaper elsewhere. I also don't like how long it take for them to ship an item, and the very slow shipping speed. I will never buy from them again! There are much better online shopping sites!

shria
8/6/17

I will never recommend.
Time of delivery is too much claiming it was an international product Further product received was made in Chine while it was claimed made in Italy

wendid7
8/5/17

I use to love this store but some thing has changed I don't know if it is because qvc took over but their stuff seems boring things that you can find at other stores I liked the fact that their things were unique and pretty esp in the home décor . I don't know if they changed who was doing the ordering for their products but its gotten boring and cheap looking . disappointed I loved their stuff before . wont be shopping there again

aliceh92
8/4/17

I bought 7 knit tops, they arrived in different parcels stretched over 4 weeks. The clothing are poorly sewn, bad quality fabric, the fit is poor. I would not even pay $1.00 to buy such crap! I managed to keep 3 and wanted return 4. Contacted the customer service departments, numerous phone calls and emails. The service department never email me the return label! This company is a scam. Don't buy from them.

sheilaw51
8/3/17

This is my first time ordering. I ordered 5 pieces of Vera Bradley. I received it promptly but not what I expected. It's like a knock off, fabric stiff and nothing like V Bradley. Fabric is like something Walmart would sell.

louisa101
8/2/17

horrid customer service, very difficult to return items, deceptive photos.
WRONG size charts--totally off--been burned a number of times on that.
Crummy photos that when it finally arrives, you realize it's horrid fabric, horribly manufactured.
Shipping charges on everything, most other websites will be free-over-$50.

research what you are looking for on-line, and then consider IF it wouldn't just be easier to go to the local store or thrift store and try it on to verify FIT and Quality, plus it'd be FAR easier to return if it fell-apart. Plus most stores will give you cash back or credit equal to what you paid.
NOT SO with Zulily--it's very hard to return, or it gets "lost" in the warehouse and they don't credit your account. Or it's a smaller amount than what you paid. Make sure you photograph everything you send back plus keep your postal receipts.

On top of that, most of the items can actually be found online CHEAPER. It might be under a slight variation of the original corporate Manufacturer name, but it's the same product.. But it takes time to find it.

nancyl145
8/2/17

I purchased a $20 velvet dress on Zulily. When it arrived, there was a small dime-sized patch of velvet missing in the front. This made the dress unwearable. They offered a $10 credit! Keeping in mind that shipping is $6, I now have a $4 credit. How does this even begin to help the fact that I paid for a dress that is unwearable.
Also, as others have stated, the products look NOTHING like the photos, but I could overlook that fact if my dress were wearable.

barbarab262
8/1/17

Wish I'd read these reviews first! And I usually buy nothing online unless I read reviews! I was swept away by the sales! But pictures of the tunics I oorrdered looked so cute. When they arrivved and I took them out of the package I realized how I'd been scammed. I'm so angry. The clothes are misshapen and look nothing like the photo. Buyer beware!

katelynh8
7/31/17

Zulily doesn't even deserve the 1 star out of 5. They would not take any of the items that did not fit back, except for the shoes. They said they could have taken the shoes back, and offered $14.00 store credit for shoes that cost $60. What a joke...

lisaw279
7/30/17

Bought 2 items for my daughter. One item damaged, second item was smaller than size indicated. Returned. Had to pay shipping, re-stocking fee charged even for an item sent damaged! Ordered 2 more items. One of the 2 items again smaller than size indicated. Will never waste my money here again!

cyndin6
7/30/17

They lied about the product I ordered. It was listed as a quilted throw. What I got was a flat wall hanging and the actual tag on the product states it is a wall hanging, not a throw. They wanted to charge me 8 bucks to return it. I will never order from them again.

sallys91
7/28/17

Customers should be aware that returned items are good ONLY for store credit. No cash or credit card is refunded.

victorian28
7/28/17

I have ordered from Zulily a few times. A friend of mine orders several times a week. Neither of us have had any problems or concerns. Zulily's parent organization is QVC. That having been said, in my opinion, Zulily has one of most transparent websites and policies I have found on the internet. The negative reviews I've read here appears to be from customers who perhaps have neglected to check out Zulily's FAQs and Terms and Conditions. Considering Zulily does not typically accept returns unless damaged, I do not order items if size is an issue unless the seller provides their sizing chart. I have found the Zulily offers some merchandise that is not typically found elsewhere and of excellent quality, not to say that perhaps some items may not meet my expectations when it comes to quality. As with any merchandise, often times I google items of interest prior to placing an order through Zulily since sometimes Zulily item description may be limited and to ensure the purchase price is better than perhaps being offered elsewhere. Zulily also provides their customer service phone number and email, which often times other websites do not provide. Customer Service has issued me a refund for an item not received even though USPS alleged they delivered the item, to include a Zulily voucher for the inconvenience. I feel this demonstrates they provide quality Customer Service.

Tip for consumers: If you feel insufficient item description is not posted on Zulily website, google item for more information prior to placing order. Since Zulily typically charges $5.95 for delivery for any items order on the same day (until 11:59 pm), so order early in the day before an item is sold out and so you have an opportunity to place additional orders to avoid additionally delivery cost for an item that was available to order the same day. Questions, do hesitate to call Customer Service.

reginae5
7/28/17

I ordered two dresses from this company and I a made sure I got a size larger than what I usually wear, the dresses that I received were made in asian sizes meaning they were two sizes smaller and the material was cheap and you could see through it, So when I returned it I would told I could not get the money back on my debit card I could only get an in store credit. Be very careful what you ordering clothes.

lynng63
7/27/17
• Updated review

After my previous review. I contacted Zulily again and sent my previous e-mail stating that they should refund my money and pay for the return of the rug. They sent an email saying they were contacting the rug company. Later in the day they said they had refunded the cost of the rug. I am very happy that they came through even though I had to be very persistent to get the refund so I have updated the stars to 3. I will consider ordering from them in the future.

“Inaccurate listing inormation - They don't care”
7/27/17
• Previous review

My first purchase was a rug and some king bedding. The bedding was just okay but the rug was advertised as 1/2" thick and plush. It was anything but that. Cheap outdoor rug quality. I complained and their response was an e-mail to send the rug to an address in Georgia and that was it. I responded to verify they would give a full refund and pay for the return and they did not respond. After a few weeks I forwarded the original info to customer service again and received auto responses about how important I was and that they would respond and they never did. Basically, you have to accept whatever they send with no recourse. I will never use their services again.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Keep in mind that Zulily offers several different brands of clothing and other products. Zulily will be good or bad based on how good or bad the brand is that you order. For me, it has been a gamble. Sometimes the descriptions of the clothing have been lacking important information about the product (e.g. that something is see-through or translucent). Is that the fault of Zulily or the brand? Should Zulily be more careful about the brands it offers? Once I did not receive an item and I was not fully reimbursed for the item. And, yes, shipping is pretty slow sometimes, but I do not mind it and Zulily does not purport to offer fast shipping. So, those would be my reasons why Zulily might get some negative reviews.

By Anonymous A. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

I have never ordered shoes from them but I agree that they likely vary according to brand. Contrary to other comments (that I am very suspicious of...) I have never waited a long time and the quality has always been as shown. There are so many rip-off sites out there and I suspect some hire people to post phony negative reviews on the 'good' sites. I do not recommend searching for cheaper products - you'll end up on a bogus, cheap site. I now research every site name and sift through comments - its exhausting but has saved me from spending money on sites that were not good.

By darlene t. on 8/6/16
Helpful answer

Nope....no returns accept and good luck on getting a refund. Stay away from this site.

By Suz T. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

It could be a week or it could be 3 months. But my advice would be not to order at all. The sizes are never right (a small may fit someone that wears a large or it may be too small for an infant) and the quality sucks (the fabric on a dress I bought is so thin you can see through 4 layers). STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE! !!!!

By BJ H. on 11/11/15
Helpful answer

Got money to burn? Order from Zulily. There isn't enough room on the Internet to list all the reasons you should NOT order from them!

By BJ H. on 10/29/15
Helpful answer

Wrong size, no return policy. Beware don't order from them

By Ann D. on 5/11/15
Helpful answer

Yes, it may take that long, but they are up front about that on the item description page. I have never had a problem with them.

By Laura M. on 9/24/15
Helpful answer

Zulily is not a manufacturer. They are a middleman that works with multiple vendors getting a piece of the transactions. They do not inventory that is why it takes years to receive items....

By Cathy R. on 5/17/16
Helpful answer

If you bought them from Zulily, you might see about making your granddaughters feet smaller. I'm sure that's easier than dealing with Zulily.

By Jon V. on 8/27/13
Helpful answer

As others have said, go to your account information and delete your information as to your email contact information. UNSUBSCRIBE at the bottom of the page. ALSO DELETE YOUR PAYMENT INFORMATION.

By Vanessa S. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the Zulily staff and other customers.

58 Photos for Zulily